Turnip Head
9%

Total votes: 11
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by ts account »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:14 pm Why are Ted and Leetic voting for each other? That does not look v/v at all.
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:11 pm [mention]Long Con[/mention] I saw your posts about how good Leetic was which is fine and dandy and all but tell me this: what do you plan on doing with this town read on Leetic and your fat explanation for it? Are you simply just putting it out there so ppl know you got reads or are you trying to persuade others from not lynching Leetic? Right now it feels like the former is the case.

A second question for you? Have you showed us your scum reads? If not, could you give me them?

A question to all, does anybody feel like Turnip is bad? He's not good to me.
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:17 pm How does you both being on the same wagon stop you from reading him?
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:20 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:19 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:14 pm Why are Ted and Leetic voting for each other? That does not look v/v at all.
hold on wtf is this read
You and Leetic don't look like townies that are voting each other for me. I believe that one of you is scum or both of you are scum.
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:25 pm [mention]Sloonei[/mention] [mention]Long Con[/mention] [mention]MacDougall[/mention] I recommend that you three get your hands a little dirty by voting for one of the 3 leading wagons.
This progression could for sure be a towny trying to bolster activity, but to me it looks more like you are trying to suggest possible mislynches to see what sticks. The last post is in line with this as perhaps scum Dragomir looks to these town players to either see where their votes can go, or, because of the "get your hands dirty" phrasing, use their votes as a way to solidify a scum read on one of them.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 205

Post by Dragomir »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:43 pm Geez Drago, how are you doing it? How are you able to defend yourself *and* solve the game? :huh:
What? I wasn't complaining about defending myself and solving the game.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Master Radishes »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:39 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 pm Why am I still scum to you? @ts account
Right now the way you are behaving gives me the sense you want to be in control for the EOD, and all I can say is that does not make me feel so good about you. I do not think I would hang you today, however.
I want to like this read because it sounds cool, but I don't understand it. Explain what you mean?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:45 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:43 pm Geez Drago, how are you doing it? How are you able to defend yourself *and* solve the game? :huh:
What? I wasn't complaining about defending myself and solving the game.
(I was being snide about Ted)
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:44 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:11 pm @Long Con I saw your posts about how good Leetic was which is fine and dandy and all but tell me this: what do you plan on doing with this town read on Leetic and your fat explanation for it? Are you simply just putting it out there so ppl know you got reads or are you trying to persuade others from not lynching Leetic? Right now it feels like the former is the case.

A second question for you? Have you showed us your scum reads? If not, could you give me them?

A question to all, does anybody feel like Turnip is bad? He's not good to me.
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:17 pm How does you both being on the same wagon stop you from reading him?
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:20 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:19 pm
hold on wtf is this read
You and Leetic don't look like townies that are voting each other for me. I believe that one of you is scum or both of you are scum.
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:25 pm @Sloonei @Long Con @MacDougall I recommend that you three get your hands a little dirty by voting for one of the 3 leading wagons.
This progression could for sure be a towny trying to bolster activity, but to me it looks more like you are trying to suggest possible mislynches to see what sticks. The last post is in line with this as perhaps scum Dragomir looks to these town players to either see where their votes can go, or, because of the "get your hands dirty" phrasing, use their votes as a way to solidify a scum read on one of them.
I asked those 3 because they are only ones voting for a person that has only one vote. I want them to vote for a leading wagon so they don't keep their votes on someone who's not going to be lynched and just play it clean like that. By making them get their hands dirty, it takes them out of their comfort zone(if they are scum) and creates a risk for them looking bad with how they approach the wagons and who they vote. I'd rather not let scum Scott by free with minimal risk of slipping by voting for someone who's not going to get lynched.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 167
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

You know what, you're being a cock for no reason.

I don't care about this game anymore. Watch me not defend myself anymore and not solving either.

I've attempted to do both of those things for the sake of being town read. I wanted to change my meta. I have done catchups and given reads where I could.

I'm not going to play a game where my contribution isn't appreciated and undermined as a reason to push a confbiased bogus push.

I'm also not pulling reads out of my ass for the sake of doing it.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

I don't like that at all.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:51 pm You know what, you're being a cock for no reason.

I don't care about this game anymore. Watch me not defend myself anymore and not solving either.

I've attempted to do both of those things for the sake of being town read. I wanted to change my meta. I have done catchups and given reads where I could.

I'm not going to play a game where my contribution isn't appreciated and undermined as a reason to push a confbiased bogus push.

I'm also not pulling reads out of my ass for the sake of doing it.
You talking about radish?
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:37 pm Dragomir- scum
Epignosis- null
Funnygurl555- null
leetic- town
Long Con- null
MacDougall- town
Master Radishes- town lean
Sloonei- scum lean
speedchuck- null
tedxtr- town lean
ts account- town
TonyStarkPrime- null
Turnip Head- town lean
Who do you think would be the most likely third scum in a team with Dragomir and Sloonei?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:52 pm I don't like that at all.
I like that very much. Assuming you're talking about Ted.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:21 pm Let me live to Day2, that’s when I shine, more towards late game. I’ll give a huge post with everyone listed. Ted talk thing.

I need the night for myself, I can’t both defend myself against cases and solve, you can’t possibly expect me to do that
Your defense has not been impressive thus far, seems like you are more pleading than trying to understand where your suspicion has been coming from.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Have a proper debate like a real man, no need to make it personal by applying snark. You just lost any ounce of teamwork you had with me. I'm actually going to solve, but I am still frustrated.

Don't ever talk to me again this game. I don't want to work with you (that is, even if you're town).

All you need is a case, you don't need to put your balls on the table, it only makes you look like you don't actually believe in your case and feel the need to harass every post of mine and twist it in order to make your case better. You know that your reasoning isn't strong enough to force a wagon on me so you make petty comments like that.
ImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Anyway, I have a geology test right now, but once that is done I will make a post detailing my up to date reads on everyone, from towniest to scummiest, and my progression with them.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:56 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:21 pm Let me live to Day2, that’s when I shine, more towards late game. I’ll give a huge post with everyone listed. Ted talk thing.

I need the night for myself, I can’t both defend myself against cases and solve, you can’t possibly expect me to do that
Your defense has not been impressive thus far, seems like you are more pleading than trying to understand where your suspicion has been coming from.
The only accusation I got was from you and you're a wolf, of course I'm not going to argue against you.
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:53 pm
Epignosis- null
Funnygurl555- null
leetic- town
Long Con- null
MacDougall- town
Sloonei- scum lean
speedchuck- null
tedxtr- town lean
ts account- town
TonyStarkPrime- null
Turnip Head- town lean
Who do you think would be the most likely third scum in a team with Dragomir and Sloonei?
Long Con is a possibility for a few reasons but I do not think they are worth saying. I think it is unlikely to be speedchuck or tsp. If somehow I am right on both Dragomir and Sloonei then it is possible that one of my town reads is wrong, and it could be perhaps radishes? I am not too concerned with building 3 man teams on day one, so take this with a grain of salt. I did not think too hard about it.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:59 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:56 pm

The only accusation I got was from you and you're a wolf, of course I'm not going to argue against you.
Poisoning the well much?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Maybe you're not a wolf, but you're a wolf read to me.

^

linki : I don't know what that means.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:00 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:53 pm
Epignosis- null
Funnygurl555- null
leetic- town
Long Con- null
MacDougall- town
Sloonei- scum lean
speedchuck- null
tedxtr- town lean
ts account- town
TonyStarkPrime- null
Turnip Head- town lean
Long Con is a possibility for a few reasons but I do not think they are worth saying. I think it is unlikely to be speedchuck or tsp. If somehow I am right on both Dragomir and Sloonei then it is possible that one of my town reads is wrong, and it could be perhaps radishes? I am not too concerned with building 3 man teams on day one, so take this with a grain of salt. I did not think too hard about it.
Long Con? Really?! Do tell. I am interested in seeing those reasons.
Master Radishes
Hitman

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:58 pm Have a proper debate like a real man, no need to make it personal by applying snark. You just lost any ounce of teamwork you had with me. I'm actually going to solve, but I am still frustrated.

Don't ever talk to me again this game. I don't want to work with you (that is, even if you're town).

All you need is a case, you don't need to put your balls on the table, it only makes you look like you don't actually believe in your case and feel the need to harass every post of mine and twist it in order to make your case better. You know that your reasoning isn't strong enough to force a wagon on me so you make petty comments like that.
Ted, I'm sorry for being snarky. I'm a snarky person, it felt like you were getting snarky, and so I upped my snark. Honestly, I'm sorry. I was looking at it in jest - I'm enjoying the game. I didn't catch on that you were becoming genuinely frustrated.

I'll step back for now. Play without me for a bit.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Well your way of enjoying the game is messing up my way of enjoying the game, but you're having that wall in 14 hours anyway, you win.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 286

Post by Epignosis »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:24 pm tsp's posts have been forgettable to me but we're on the same wagon so sure i guess i can hold off on reading him for now
Tony has twelve posts. Why do they need to be memorable? You can read them in under sixty seconds. Why does this post exist?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Master Radishes
Hitman

Understood. As I say, I didn't clock I was actually pushing your buttons.

I was going to watch a movie with my wife anyway, so I'll pop back later and discuss other matters when I do.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:39 pm Right now the way you are behaving gives me the sense you want to be in control for the EOD, and all I can say is that does not make me feel so good about you. I do not think I would hang you today, however.
What's wrong with wanting that? Civilians should want that.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:04 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:24 pm tsp's posts have been forgettable to me but we're on the same wagon so sure i guess i can hold off on reading him for now
Tony has twelve posts. Why do they need to be memorable? You can read them in under sixty seconds. Why does this post exist?
A splendid post from you. I'm wondering the same thing.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:07 pm
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:39 pm Right now the way you are behaving gives me the sense you want to be in control for the EOD, and all I can say is that does not make me feel so good about you. I do not think I would hang you today, however.
What's wrong with wanting that? Civilians should want that.
Townies usually have preferred outcomes and push toward those, whereas Dragomir's tone is the inverse and seems to be guiding people away from their unfavorable outcomes. It is something either alignment could do, but here I am leaning it wolf.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:51 pm I'm also not pulling reads out of my ass for the sake of doing it.
Then why are you pulling reads out of your ass? :grin:
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:11 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:51 pm I'm also not pulling reads out of my ass for the sake of doing it.
Then why are you pulling reads out of your ass? :grin:
I strictly commented on what I found to be AI / whatever popped at me while doing catchups.

I can't actually tell if this is also snark.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:58 pm Anyway, I have a geology test right now
I hope you rock it. :srsnod:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Does anybody share my suspicion on Turnip?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime has twelve posts and and I count only one opinion that is expressed without hedging language.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:17 pm Does anybody share my suspicion on Turnip?
Lemme go look. Can you give me your angle in a simple concept?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

First 4 of 33 posts are fluff.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:57 am Sloonei is some sort of hybrid Golden-JJJ monstrosity right now, is this his final form? He just played a dastardly villain in GoC so now he might be supatowning hard
Town read on Sloonei. Complimentary. Possible buddying attempt.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:59 am Ts latching onto sloon for discussing mechanics felt a bit opportunist and now that they're actually discussing reads he's sinking his teeth in deeper
This is identical to leetic's accusation of Dragomir. Did they both sheep Sloonei? Is Sloonei the sun in the sky?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:22 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:17 pm Does anybody share my suspicion on Turnip?
A backseat poster who lacks in assertive reads and only dips his toes just barely in a couple subjects as if he's trying to see if something is sticking.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:52 am
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 am I could use the same logic against you. You have only played a fraction of the amount of mafia games that exist so you can't truly know that mechanical talk is widely considered a scumtell. It might have been from the games you've played but not the many others have.

So basically, trying to say that mechanical talk is a scumtell is bullshit. It's not a universal opinion. I want you to explain to me what really makes mechanical talk a bad thing.
There exists somewhere a big imaginary book of mafia. When players are good enough, they get a chance to write a chapter of the book. In some footnotes, you will find clear references to mechanical discussion being a scumtell. I do not know what to tell you beyond this. I am not the one who decides what are and aren't considered scumtells, though I do have a few scumtells of my own that I have not seen other players share.

Generally, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will struggle to generate content. This is the closest thing you can get to objective in mafia- sort by postcount will almost always win more games than any individual player's reads, it has been tested. As a result of this, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will latch onto low-hanging talking points. In mystery games especially, mechanical discussion is inevitable from any alignment, but scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) are happy to engage in this discourse, as it means they don't have to provide fake content.

Happy?
You could argue in a post-modern mafia setting that going after someone for mechanics talk is the new low hanging fruit. I don't think your suspicion of sloonei for this looks particularly genuine. It's an easy suspicion to fake early and you haven't really let it go, like you're afraid what it would look like if you backed down here
This post makes me feel grey. So tentative, that second sentence. Such a tiny prod, this barely even merits a response from Mikey. Does he follow up on this suspicion?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:22 pm
A backseat poster who lacks in assertive reads and only dips his toes just barely in a couple subjects as if he's trying to see if something is sticking.
LOL, that's just the flavour I was tasting in that last post of his I quoted.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:19 pm ... or possibly a distancing act?
I responded with a GIF to this... if it was a real criticism, it was easily quelled.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:42 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:28 pm @ts account right off the bat 2.0, yeah, I am spinning everything negatively. That is the point of the exercise. It's not a nefarious agenda. When I make a case like that, I am asking myself whether or not I can see the player as mafia in each post. If the answer is yes, I share my interpretation of their possible mafia motives. That is what I did with your posts. I acknowledged in the post that there are other explanations. But I have concerns and I voiced them.
You do not seem interested in pursuing these other possibilities, therefore you do not seem interested in truly scumhunting.
I feel like you're talking about yourself. You don't seem interested in pursuing anything other than Sloonei being scum which has snowballed from the beginning of the game
This, I don't mind, but it doesn't really advance the scum hunt too much... I can't tell from this post if TH thinks it makes Mikey town or wolf.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:25 pm Sloonei Long Con MacDougall I recommend that you three get your hands a little dirty by voting for one of the 3 leading wagons.
Alternatively, we could not.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:54 pm @ts account It's not impossible for me to view Sloon as bad actually, I just like how fired up he got after he was called out. He got real defensive real quick which I associate with town sloon. Not sure if I should see it like that or if I just don't want him to be bad for whatever reason.
Starts out strong, then waffles out in the home-stretch. Lack of assertive reads strikes again.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

ts account -

I thought his entry was good. His Sloonei push reads as genuine and the angle he picked is very reasonable.
ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:38 pm I have a soft mindmeld with leetic re: sloonei. However, I'm more suspicious of it because I do not think speculation of sloonei's nature is pro-town in any way. Since it is early enough in the game, this read is more of a town read on leetic than a condemnation of sloonei. I also want to point out TonyStarkPrime's callout of LongCon (and sloonei's somewhat, but Tony was not involved before this) which I think is not justified.

I can't make any more judgements until RVS is over, which is hopefully soon.

PS The submit and preview buttons are backwards.
This post is important for seeing how the read develops. Mikey (presumably) has a very slight suspicion on Sloonei. I think that this type of entry is town indicative. I'll walk you through the steps but bear with me for a bit.

Why is it town indicative? I feel as though if he were a wolf, he'd use that excuse to push harder on Sloonei. From this post, he does state a minor scum lean, but it's nothing "too damning" to use his words, it's just a little suspicion there. This is important, because, if you go through the development of Mikey's read on Sloonei, you can see it flows to the point of scum reading him, rather than it being the other way around, as in, he came into the thread with the intent of burying Sloonei in evidence, as this is a pretty easy angle to take as scum. I like the abstaining. Now, you're going to see how Sloonei is fanning Mikey's inner flame and his suspicion on Sloonei increases with each post, instead of it being a full-on, blastfuckery, guns blazing approach, where he corners Sloonei for his suggestion.
ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:40 pm To be clear: my entry posts were not intended as “mechanical speculation”, or at least that was not my primary mindset in making them. I was genuinely concerned that the host had made a mistake.
It's a problem, because you were framing it as a potential game mechanic, when I do not think discussion of that avenue is fruitful for town.
* It is debating with Sloonei and stating what the post meant and why he felt the need to point out the observation. It's re-stating one's belief.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:47 pm
ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:40 pm To be clear: my entry posts were not intended as “mechanical speculation”, or at least that was not my primary mindset in making them. I was genuinely concerned that the host had made a mistake.
It's a problem, because you were framing it as a potential game mechanic, when I do not think discussion of that avenue is fruitful for town.
Why not?

I have no real investment in the topic as it is being framed. Again, I was trying to figure out whether or not the host messed up and the game would need to be restarted as a result of this.

But now this discussion exists, and you’ve said these things about it. So please explain what you mean.
* This post by Sloonei is starting to plant the seeds for a debate. It's questioning ts's reasoning.

Now, let's hop in Mikey's head for a second. The person that you scum read just refuted your argument, and is painting you out to be the bad guy. For a scum!Mikey world, this would be the pivotal point where his gears would shift onto going full on Sloonei. Instead, he maintains his emotional consistency, is a little sketched out by the comment, and then he asks this :
ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:53 pm If you say this was not your intent, then what exactly did you mean by this? I can't interpret it as anything else.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:28 pm i'm genuinely unsure what's going on. We have two players who signed up for this game that aren't listed on the roster or the poll.
could there be a thematic reason for this? @ anyone who's familiar with the games? We waited a few extra days to get to exactly 15 players. I don't think it's likely that nanook would simply forget to include two people.
Now Mikey is actually discerning Sloonei's alignment and is confused at how Sloonei is handling the situation, thus, he wants to clarify Sloonei's standing on the matter. Sloonei just framed his actions as having a different intention, and Mikey is trying to see that, by clarifying it. He's not twisting Sloonei's words, he's not calling his scum, he's merely trying to discern his alignment.
ts account wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:55 pm
The intention of the posts themselves was not to speculate about mechanics. That particular post was me realizing that it was probably not a host error, and a search for answers among the folks who knew the theme better than I do. I don’t actually give a shit what the speculative mechanics might be. I just care that the possibility for mechanics exists.

Now explain why my mindset is not indicative of an honest civilian.
Suppose you were given the information that a mechanic exists that removes the two players from the player list, they cannot be voted on or targeted with actions, and they cannot post.
Where do you go from there?

Funnygurl, please tell me you are not a wolf.
Again, re-stating his belief. He's saying why he made the initial comment. At no point is he calling Sloonei scum for it. You get the idea, I'll move on to where gears shift.

Note how he's also spreading his focus onto Funnygurl. Mikey had something on Sloonei to focus on, but it wasn't really a fruitful avenue, hence why he never really pushed it, Sloonei was the one that forced him to explain himself. Mikey isn't pissed at him for it, he's willing to debate. He was never really the one that went into this conversation with an end goal of achieving something out of it.
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:08 am
leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 am Y'know, this post is a bit weird. Mikey is calling out Sloonei for setup speculation, yet when you look at the first paragraph, that's exactly what he's doing here

Care to explain?
It is a hypothetical pointing out just how useless it is to seek clarification on whatever is going on. If it turns out to be a game mechanic, it's not like we can use that to our advantage, so we should rather focus on generating content and interacting with each other.
And this post confirms my prior beliefs. It really wasn't a fruitful avenue and Mikey had no interest of engaging in it, because HE KNOWS THIS ISN'T A RELIABLE WAY OF SOLVING SLOONEI. If he wanted to look good while doing it, he would've done so easily, by doubling down, but this is a villager willing to explain his standing.

I really don't know what else to add to this, I think I've commented on this enough to the point where it might feel like it's IIOA to some people (information instead of analysis)

ts is town.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:40 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:25 pm Sloonei Long Con MacDougall I recommend that you three get your hands a little dirty by voting for one of the 3 leading wagons.
I don't usually feel like responding to demands on my playstyle. I play how I play, mostly slow/light touch in the first few days, then drive hard when I find something I really believe in. I don't like to dance on command.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 pm LC playing scummy on purpose is not his civ MO
This is just blatantly not true. It's something I have done many times in the past, mostly due to the "you-die-you-don't-win" rule we used to go by around here... when you have to survive to win, you learn to not look TOO Civvish. I still hold the lessons dear to my heart, because dying sucks either way, and if you want to survive the night, the baddies have to believe you can be lynched.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

It's 12 am you're getting the rest tomorrow. Or some of it. I'm not doing this for all 13 players, I'm not insane.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:14 pm I started the day more likely to vote Mikey and now I'm thinking of voting for Sloonei. It's not hard to view Sloonei's behavior through the lens where he's bad
Twenty minutes after declaring Sloon to be a town read. Why did this 180 happen?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:15 pm Like if the idea was for Sloonei to get involved re: mechanics and then for Mikey to engage him, and then for them to one up each other ad infinitum

Golden and I actually did that in Firefly mafia and neither of us got lynched
I floated the idea that Sloon and Mikey are w/w on little more than a whim, and it's pretty unexpected to see TH engaging with it so much, especially after his initial mocking disbelief.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:42 pm
I don't usually feel like responding to demands on my playstyle. I play how I play, mostly slow/light touch in the first few days, then drive hard when I find something I really believe in. I don't like to dance on command.
That, and I also see no reason to consolidate votes at this time. We have more than 24 hours left.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:37 pm @Turnip Head let me gaze into your mind. I'd like you to write three sentences with a minimum of ten words each about the status of the game. Chop chop young man.
The status of the game is looking really really good. I think you and me and the others are going to have a great time playing this game. Not every game of mafia ends up becoming a classic but I think this one's gonna be good
On one hand, I completely 100% agree with TH's post here. Love the sentiment, I think he's right about this game.

On the other hand, this is a dismal failure to engage Mac's request on any level that progresses the game/reads/communication at all. Totally sucky.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:50 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:42 pm
That, and I also see no reason to consolidate votes at this time. We have more than 24 hours left.
Well, it wasn't about consolidating votes, it was about Drago getting more player interactions to work with.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”