Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 3]

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:13 pm Epignosis - Does not appear to be earnestly attempting to achieve a civilian wincon.
Go on.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 353

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:17 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:09 pm @MacDougall talk about players who aren’t voting for/heavily suspecting you. Who are your town reads? Is there anyone you think isn’t getting enough attention?
A great deal of people. The constant focus on myself (and now Sig) is very much allowing for a game environment where people who are absolutely failing in their basic civilian duty, or not living up to their usual standards are receiving little to no pressure. I have reservations about all the below;

Epignosis - Does not appear to be earnestly attempting to achieve a civilian wincon.
ColinIsCool - Only appears to be trying when there is pressure on him.
Michelle - Does not match her meta. Hasn't helped the civ cause really at all.
speedchuck - Does not appear to be the same speedchuck that I am used to seeing.
sprityo - Appears to be totally laying low outside of intermittently FPS reading me scum.
Tranq - Has literally made 5 posts or something.
Mac can you talk about speedchuck? Is it that he isn't posting frequently or something else/combination of things?
I think the lack of speedchuck's content is a large part of it. I am used to him being a more prominent member of the town. I think that with players like speedchuck sometimes basic is the best way to read them. If he is not living up to the normal standards of contribution then it's probably because he has a non town agenda/is putting a lot of his content elsewhere (ie. scum chat).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:13 pm Epignosis - Does not appear to be earnestly attempting to achieve a civilian wincon.
Go on.
I have yet to see you take control of the game in the way that I am used to. I have seen the same tone that I am used to but not the same impact.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention]

I asked Turnip Head if someone Jack said was an indication if he was bad or if he just did not like it. He ignored me.
He asked the same question later.

So... I ask you, what civ motivation is there to avoid accountability, but demand it from others? What civ motivation is there to then apologize for this behavior and change nothing?
Is that sincere? Is that earnest game solving?
Or is that hoping to skate by?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:09 pm @MacDougall talk about players who aren’t voting for/heavily suspecting you. Who are your town reads? Is there anyone you think isn’t getting enough attention?
A great deal of people. The constant focus on myself (and now Sig) is very much allowing for a game environment where people who are absolutely failing in their basic civilian duty, or not living up to their usual standards are receiving little to no pressure. I have reservations about all the below;

Epignosis - Does not appear to be earnestly attempting to achieve a civilian wincon.
speedchuck - Does not appear to be the same speedchuck that I am used to seeing.
sprityo - Appears to be totally laying low outside of intermittently FPS reading me scum.
Mac can you talk about speedchuck? Is it that he isn't posting frequently or something else/combination of things?
I think the lack of speedchuck's content is a large part of it. I am used to him being a more prominent member of the town. I think that with players like speedchuck sometimes basic is the best way to read them. If he is not living up to the normal standards of contribution then it's probably because he has a non town agenda/is putting a lot of his content elsewhere (ie. scum chat).
I take speedchuck on his word when he says he's super busy. That doesn't tell me anything about his alignment though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:22 pm

I take speedchuck on his word when he says he's super busy. That doesn't tell me anything about his alignment though.
This I agree with.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:18 pm

Why isn’t the Darth Sloonei elephant on this list?

Why did you frame Epi that way? What about him suggests “not trying to achieve” a civilian victory?

You’re not the first person who has accused Michelle of being off her meta. I’ve asked about this several times but haven’t received a satisfying answer: what is her mets, and how does her play in this game differ from it? I don’t have much experience with michelle, but she was caught pretty quickly the one time I saw her scum game.
What would be satisfying to you? Do you require an essay length response on Michelle's meta? I believe both Nutella and Jack have answered questions about Michelle's meta. Her meta is that she is an inquisitor. She is not too dissimilar to juliets in playstyle. Perhaps you are just being selective with what you are reading.

Darth Sloonei is not on this list because you are the one who asked the question and I literally just mentioned you in another post. What kind of gotcha bs is this?

I framed Epi that way because that is how I feel about his contribution?

You seem butthurt.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:21 pm
Go on.
I have yet to see you take control of the game in the way that I am used to. I have seen the same tone that I am used to but not the same impact.
Not going to happen. I'm here maybe a couple of hours in the evening. I work two jobs and have three kids. Games on the Internet that don't make me any cash draw the short straw.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:21 pm @Sloonei

I asked Turnip Head if someone Jack said was an indication if he was bad or if he just did not like it. He ignored me.

So... I ask you, what civ motivation is there to avoid accountability, but demand it from others? What civ motivation is there to then apologize for this behavior and change nothing?
Civilians are fallible and there's nothing in the playbook that says we can't be hypocrites either. My question was what do you believe was TH's mindset if he is mafia there? Are you saying that he was "hoping to skate by"?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:22 pm

And that is fine. But that doesn't make him town, and it doesn't mean that he is getting enough attention.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:24 pm
Go on.
Not going to happen. I'm here maybe a couple of hours in the evening. I work two jobs and have three kids. Games on the Internet that don't make me any cash draw the short straw.
But ... Mafia is life? :confused:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

Have you ever been in scumchat with me?

How chatty am I in scumchat, Mac?

linki: my 'extra content' is going into audio editing, yeah. That's not an excuse, so feel free to suspect me and put attention my way. But it's also an unfortunate truth to work around. Binding freelance contracts are more pressing than mafia.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ok thanks Mac. I haven't seen him as a force in this game like I remember but I wonder if that's because he is so busy. I do understand you're focused on his content not so much his frequency so I will take a better look at that.

lots of linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jesus, juliets, I almost edited your post instead of quoted it. :eek:

Long day. Not a bad day, just a long one.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:43 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:03 am Like honestly, Epi, what are you doing.

Your best effort and genuine feeling won’t get me lynched. You know just repeating shit like “Jack is bad” or “Jack should be lynched” isn’t going to do the trick.

What? Are you treading water or something?
I'm not town reading Jack (I'm still sorting him) but the middle paragraph is a good point. Epi, please give some thoughts on why you see him as bad (I haven't done your ISO so if you have and I missed it just point me there).
Here's what I had to say in case you missed it:
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:08 pm I missed out on the fun last time around.

sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:05 am Hey svs! it's been awhile since we've been in a game together.
I see the votes on jack and I'm not sure. I thought i had a good idea of Jack's gameplay but I've been wrong a couple times. I feel like he tries really hard to blend in and look civ when he's bad and has been a more aggressive and jokey player when civ. He accused nutella in another game and ended up getting mislynched early on and was right about her. Nutella can be difficult to read at times but I have been able to read her correctly before. When I have more time later I'll have to read through their ISOs

Nanook was bad last game I played in and he was good at seeming like a civilian for awhile. I actually only started suspecting him towards the end. I haven't had a chance to look over his civ gameplay style to see if it is similar.
I saw JJJ put me in the bottom part of the reads when I haven't even done anything yet or is it because I haven't done anything yet? I didn't even know the game had started and it's a lot to catch up on. I'm not super talkative in the beginning of games sometimes but I'm trying to get better at it.
sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:32 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:20 am
sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:05 am Hey svs! it's been awhile since we've been in a game together.
I see the votes on jack and I'm not sure. I thought i had a good idea of Jack's gameplay but I've been wrong a couple times. I feel like he tries really hard to blend in and look civ when he's bad and has been a more aggressive and jokey player when civ. He accused nutella in another game and ended up getting mislynched early on and was right about her. Nutella can be difficult to read at times but I have been able to read her correctly before. When I have more time later I'll have to read through their ISOs

Nanook was bad last game I played in and he was good at seeming like a civilian for awhile. I actually only started suspecting him towards the end. I haven't had a chance to look over his civ gameplay style to see if it is similar.
I saw JJJ put me in the bottom part of the reads when I haven't even done anything yet or is it because I haven't done anything yet? I didn't even know the game had started and it's a lot to catch up on. I'm not super talkative in the beginning of games sometimes but I'm trying to get better at it.
Sabie Sabie. I didn’t get mislynched. I can even physically be mislynched.

I gathered a few votes and then told Nutella she better shoot me and claim the mafia was trying to frame her, which is exactly what she did.

I’ve correctly read Nutella like 8 games running on D1. She’s a baddie.
Oh right yeah sorry it was tony who also suspected nutella that game that got mislynched. Then I told everyone hey maybe they were right about nutella and she ended up being bad. Point is this seemed like a similar situation.

I'm heading home from work now and I'll catch up on what's been happening the last 8 hours. Haven't had a chance to read everything yet.
sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:16 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:47 am
sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:40 am In looking through speedchucks ISO there really isn't much there. When he discussed the jack nutella dynamic he just says it was interesting which is a way to kind of seem involved and respond to what's going on without really putting in his own perspective or response to it. He hasn't really seemed like he's trying to figure things out or anything.

I guess I'm not surprised jack is kind of changing what he said before about nutella. It seems as though he is trying to see how people react to his accusations and I know he can be tricky like that. I don't see it as a bad look for jack right now. I don't know if it necessarily changes my feeling on nutella but I'm curious to see what her response is to that.
Can you elaborate on your feelings on Nutella?

I saw you basically be like "Jack is good at reading Nutella" but I didn't see much in the way of what you independently think about her, given the posts I'm missing.
Sure so I'm not always as good at reading nutella as you claim to be. I thought she seemed similar this game to how she was in the Australian game with her responses to being suspected. I recall she strongly defended herself and threw suspicions in all other directions to see if it would stick. I thought that was kind of how she was reacting here. I think I've mostly seen nutella be mafia or indie in the last few games I've played with her though so that's what I'm used to seeing.

sabie mentioned Jack and interacted with Jack a butt load of times (there are others; I'm not quoting everything), and she made sure to talk about other people in the same breath. That's the same phenomenon JJJ pointed out regarding her treatment of Radishes.

[VOTE: JackofHearts2005] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:25 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:24 pm
Go on.
But ... Mafia is life? :confused:
Debt is slavery. I eliminate the former and I am a free man. :llama:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 416

Post by nutella »

Agree with all of this. These names are definitely all going in my poe whenever poe starts being a thing. That said, none of them are priorities for today's lynch imo.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why is everybody up sig's ass? Holy shit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:15 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:13 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:09 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:02 pm @Dom talk about Turnip Head some more. You say you don’t like that he avoided answering some of your questions yesterday. What do you imagine was Mafia TH’s mindset in those moments?
Can we talk about the Darth Sloonei shaped elephant in the room?
Well I think you and he are teammates so this is interesting coming from you. What are your thoughts?
I rarely struggle to read Sloonei. He's probably about to do the old "Mac scum reads me everygame" bit. Town Sloonei gets leads, bites down and them and works them until they are either proven in his mind or disproven. Here he is quicksilver, shifting his reads to suit the mood.
Regarding your first sentence, see your second sentence. Show me where I’m shifting my reads to suit the mood.
I'm gonna pass on this. I don't have the time. It's just an evolving feeling that I've had towards you throughout the game. If you say "no I am not", I'll accept that.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] i answered the michelle meta question at some point, maybe you didn't see it, or if it was unsatisfactory let me know why?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:28 pm Why is everybody up sig's ass? Holy shit.
It's roomy.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:27 pm

Agree with all of this. These names are definitely all going in my poe whenever poe starts being a thing. That said, none of them are priorities for today's lynch imo.
Sprityo really should be in the conversation for a lynch today, and they should all be being prodded a great deal.

If you look at the reason I made the post it's literally because Sloonei asked me to mention people who aren't getting enough attention so it stands to reason that they aren't priorities to the general town consensus. If they were they wouldn't be in this list. This isn't "Mac's scumlist".
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:24 pm

Why did you frame Epi that way? What about him suggests “not trying to achieve” a civilian victory?

You’re not the first person who has accused Michelle of being off her meta. I’ve asked about this several times but haven’t received a satisfying answer: what is her mets, and how does her play in this game differ from it? I don’t have much experience with michelle, but she was caught pretty quickly the one time I saw her scum game.
What would be satisfying to you? Do you require an essay length response on Michelle's meta? I believe both Nutella and Jack have answered questions about Michelle's meta. Her meta is that she is an inquisitor. She is not too dissimilar to juliets in playstyle. Perhaps you are just being selective with what you are reading.

Darth Sloonei is not on this list because you are the one who asked the question and I literally just mentioned you in another post. What kind of gotcha bs is this?

You seem butthurt.
This is just me trying to develop a read on you. I have a vague suspicion but nothing firm. I'd like to fix that. I'm just asking you to explain the reads you've stated. Your michelle answer satisfies me. I can't say I have a clear read on her either, but provided some direction and that's nice.

I was not trying to get you by asking about myself. But you singled me out as a suspect one post earlier, and then didn't name in a big list of suspects. I was curious about that, and about why you think I'm bad this time.

Why do you feel that way about Epi's contribution?

None of these are trick questions. Talk to me, MacDougall.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:30 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:28 pm Why is everybody up sig's ass? Holy shit.
It's roomy.
:puppy:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:26 pm Jesus, juliets, I almost edited your post instead of quoted it. :eek:

Long day. Not a bad day, just a long one.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:43 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:03 am Like honestly, Epi, what are you doing.

Your best effort and genuine feeling won’t get me lynched. You know just repeating shit like “Jack is bad” or “Jack should be lynched” isn’t going to do the trick.

What? Are you treading water or something?
I'm not town reading Jack (I'm still sorting him) but the middle paragraph is a good point. Epi, please give some thoughts on why you see him as bad (I haven't done your ISO so if you have and I missed it just point me there).
Here's what I had to say in case you missed it:
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:08 pm I missed out on the fun last time around.

sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:32 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:20 am

Sabie Sabie. I didn’t get mislynched. I can even physically be mislynched.

I gathered a few votes and then told Nutella she better shoot me and claim the mafia was trying to frame her, which is exactly what she did.

I’ve correctly read Nutella like 8 games running on D1. She’s a baddie.
Oh right yeah sorry it was tony who also suspected nutella that game that got mislynched. Then I told everyone hey maybe they were right about nutella and she ended up being bad. Point is this seemed like a similar situation.

I'm heading home from work now and I'll catch up on what's been happening the last 8 hours. Haven't had a chance to read everything yet.
sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:16 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:47 am
sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:40 am In looking through speedchucks ISO there really isn't much there. When he discussed the jack nutella dynamic he just says it was interesting which is a way to kind of seem involved and respond to what's going on without really putting in his own perspective or response to it. He hasn't really seemed like he's trying to figure things out or anything.

I guess I'm not surprised jack is kind of changing what he said before about nutella. It seems as though he is trying to see how people react to his accusations and I know he can be tricky like that. I don't see it as a bad look for jack right now. I don't know if it necessarily changes my feeling on nutella but I'm curious to see what her response is to that.
Can you elaborate on your feelings on Nutella?

I saw you basically be like "Jack is good at reading Nutella" but I didn't see much in the way of what you independently think about her, given the posts I'm missing.
Sure so I'm not always as good at reading nutella as you claim to be. I thought she seemed similar this game to how she was in the Australian game with her responses to being suspected. I recall she strongly defended herself and threw suspicions in all other directions to see if it would stick. I thought that was kind of how she was reacting here. I think I've mostly seen nutella be mafia or indie in the last few games I've played with her though so that's what I'm used to seeing.

sabie mentioned Jack and interacted with Jack a butt load of times (there are others; I'm not quoting everything), and she made sure to talk about other people in the same breath. That's the same phenomenon JJJ pointed out regarding her treatment of Radishes.

[VOTE: JackofHearts2005] aubergine
Epi I did miss this somehow, thanks.

Dinnertime.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:29 pm @Sloonei i answered the michelle meta question at some point, maybe you didn't see it, or if it was unsatisfactory let me know why?
I do not remember this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

How is it skating by when it has clearly drawn your ire? I think it is conspicuous in a way that is more likely town than scum. But idk.

Also, sloonei probably already said this, but. Hypocrisy is a staple of the civilian playbook.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Epignosis[/mention] if there is one particular moment in the jack/sabie interactions that you could highlight for your suspicion of him, what would it be?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Okay- I have a game with my family and then Walrus III. After that if I'm not drunk and passed out, I'll finish reading and hopefully do something that satisfies Mac "I have nipples so I'm bad" Dougall. :meany:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:24 pm

You seem butthurt.
This is just me trying to develop a read on you. I have a vague suspicion but nothing firm. I'd like to fix that. I'm just asking you to explain the reads you've stated. Your michelle answer satisfies me. I can't say I have a clear read on her either, but provided some direction and that's nice.

I was not trying to get you by asking about myself. But you singled me out as a suspect one post earlier, and then didn't name in a big list of suspects. I was curious about that, and about why you think I'm bad this time.

Why do you feel that way about Epi's contribution?

None of these are trick questions. Talk to me, MacDougall.
I am so glad I'm not your girlfriend jfc.

I feel that way about Epi's contribution because upon reflecting on analysing the content that he has provided to the game, I am left with the feeling that I am seeing Epi, but not seeing Epi attempting to win the game for the civilian team? You can ask me again and I'll rewrite the answer in different words for you again if you like?

They may not be trick questions, but they sure as hell are pointless shuffling pieces on the board type ones.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

mac, stroking his nipples, telling us all what a bad boy he's been
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei:
:shrug2:
Be back later (maybe).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:38 pm mac, stroking his nipples, telling us all what a bad boy he's been
I do sometimes like to pull and rub my nipples. It gives me very mild sexual gratification.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alright fine mac, gimme a town read or two.

linki: oh
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:36 pm

How is it skating by when it has clearly drawn your ire? I think it is conspicuous in a way that is more likely town than scum. But idk.

Also, sloonei probably already said this, but. Hypocrisy is a staple of the civilian playbook.
I'm the only one who pointed out and then no one paid any attention to it for... several days.
I'd say it's been pretty freaking successful.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Curious about when TSP voted for me? I was under the impression he wanted to lynch ... not me? And I missed where he explained placing a vote there.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

hey gang how's it going
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

would you look at all these poops in sig's corn flakes
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:42 pm hey gang how's it going
Baby's asleep, so it's awesome, thanks for asking.

Also Dizzy gave us a pretty amazing ghost post.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Anyone wanna talk about Tony?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:42 pm hey gang how's it going
Baby's asleep, so it's awesome, thanks for asking.

Also Dizzy gave us a pretty amazing ghost post.
super!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:40 pm Alright fine mac, gimme a town read or two.

linki: oh
juliets is really the only one I am feeling as a lock. S-V-S, ted, Turnip Head are civ lean. I've come around on Dom and Nanook. I was feeling okay about TSP until I just noticed he voted for me.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:23 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:35 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm Convince me on tranq and michelle. I feel nothing about the former and townread the latter (though less so than before as I haven't seen much from her lately)
I can't remember why I thought tranq was bad. I probably was just piggy backing someone elses suspicions. Michelle is just not on her meta.
what is michelle's meta and why/how is she not on it?
I expect more from her by now in terms of reacting to stuff and asking a lot of questions. She's kinda like juliets in that she asks a lot of questions, and (somewhat unlike juliets) I believe that it pretty strongly indicates her town meta when she does, and she has a hard time replicating it as scum. I know she was offline for a bit but I still feel like I haven't seen as much as I expect from her since day 1.
[mention]Sloonei[/mention]
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Tony is like "I will work with the assumption Mac is bad and I will do ISOs assuming he is bad..."

Listen, I think Mac is bad.
I'm not doing pages of analysis and hypothesizing based on it 'til it's confirmed.
How is that helpful or useful to this day phase?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:52 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:23 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:35 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm Convince me on tranq and michelle. I feel nothing about the former and townread the latter (though less so than before as I haven't seen much from her lately)
I can't remember why I thought tranq was bad. I probably was just piggy backing someone elses suspicions. Michelle is just not on her meta.
what is michelle's meta and why/how is she not on it?
I expect more from her by now in terms of reacting to stuff and asking a lot of questions. She's kinda like juliets in that she asks a lot of questions, and (somewhat unlike juliets) I believe that it pretty strongly indicates her town meta when she does, and she has a hard time replicating it as scum. I know she was offline for a bit but I still feel like I haven't seen as much as I expect from her since day 1.
Sloonei
Noted. I see you also compare her to juliets. I forget which game Michelle was scum in recently. Maybe i'll dig that up later. I'm distracted by america's dumb election results right now
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention], Michelle was scum in Girl Genius with me, Dizzy, and sig if that helps.

I too am distracted by the election results.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've looked over Dizzy's accusation of sig and sig's general responses. Thoughts:

~ I do think there is contextual space to say it's not a "slip" -- when sig referred to Mac in his response to S~V~S, it was an extension of the theory he had previously presented. This may be semantic depending upon what we define a slip to be -- maybe TMI is the better term.

~ More important to me is the very existence of the theory as a driving mechanism of Day 2 suspicion. For the theory to be accurate, the universe has to have been perfectly cooperative along numerous dimensions that, for a civilian, have no objective reason to exist (Mac must be targeted for a kill, Mac must survive the kill, and Dom and sprityo must be specifically motivated by that failed kill when they go after Mac). The mindset is goofy.

~ Combine this then with sig's other anti-Mac theory, that he had been one-posted by Saitama Mac, and Dizzy's concern fits together well. We're left with a question:

Is it more likely that sig organically came upon these theories solely about Mac because of his history with Mac, or because he/his team tried to shoot Mac in the ass?

The former strikes me as arbitrary, so I'd answer with the latter.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Right or wrong, Dizzy has handled this ghost mechanic like a bone-uh-feyed 2019 Syndicate champion. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Dom wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:56 pm I’m too toxic to suspect or vote anywhere else. I’m too mean to Mac (despite players calling me toxic, useless, annoying, etc all game). I can’t get TH to even acknowledge my suspicion.

Like what the fuck, people?
youre not toxic dom, i believe in you
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kind of hilarious that if the sig thing proves accurate, it actually would increase the chances of a mafia Mac flip.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I endorse a sig lynch. His wagon is big enough for now and I don't care to encourage the runaway choo choo with like 23 hours left.

Dizzy yelled at me for suspecting G-Man so I will look at that when time permits. For now I fancy a [VOTE: Tranq] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”