Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:34 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:29 pm
G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:13 pm Oompa loompa doompadee durst,
When did I ever say I was cursed?

:p

More after I eat some lunch.
I never thought you were cursed, but when the assumption went around, you didn't correct it earlier, did you?

Self imposed posting restrictions are a great way for a baddie to hide out, and your content is slim. I will be here on and off all day, give me some of those sweet accountant analyses, G Man.

I want you to make me believe you, you know I do.
Self-imposed restrictions are a good way to hide IF the player is hiding behind the restriction. Do we think that G-man is doing that here?

I also acknowledge that you made a post about Mac’s Day 1. I will take a closer look at that soon.
If he wasn't cursed (which is the final conclusion I came to before voting him), then it seems to me he was limiting himself. "Seemed to be" though - I want to hear him out.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:18 pm Ok, I'm going to go deep gut now.

Team 1: Radish, Sabie, SVS, X
Team 2: Ted, Epi, X, X

Voodoo
You should use a different brand of chicken blood.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

I never thought you were cursed, but when the assumption went around, you didn't correct it earlier, did you?

Self imposed posting restrictions are a great way for a baddie to hide out, and your content is slim. I will be here on and off all day, give me some of those sweet accountant analyses, G Man.

Self-imposed restrictions are a good way to hide IF the player is hiding behind the restriction. Do we think that G-man is doing that here?

I also acknowledge that you made a post about Mac’s Day 1. I will take a closer look at that soon.
I think that people who serially post in self imposed restrictions as G Man often does are playing a long game to some extent. When you hide behind it as a baddie, people can just say, "Oh he always does that" like you are doing now. It's a form of saving for a rainy day as well as a fun thing to do, IMO. It annoys the living daylights out of me, and I always find it suspicions. Especially since, in this case, he is always talking about how pressed for time he is, yet he still chooses to post in Oompa Loompa?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:42 pm

I think that people who serially post in self imposed restrictions as G Man often does are playing a long game to some extent. When you hide behind it as a baddie, people can just say, "Oh he always does that" like you are doing now. It's a form of saving for a rainy day as well as a fun thing to do, IMO. It annoys the living daylights out of me, and I always find it suspicions. Especially since, in this case, he is always talking about how pressed for time he is, yet he still chooses to post in Oompa Loompa?
I remember a stretch of doing the gimmick thing for a while. Good times. XD
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

After ten pages, I have to wonder if ted needs a library card.
tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:27 am I’m gonna go at epi when I’m on pc, wanted you to know I acknowledged your vote there
Libraries have computers you can use for free these days.
tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:44 am Haven’t forgotten about Epi, came back from a 4 hour exhausting volleyball training session
And I haven't forgotten about you. [VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

G-man did not post with any noticeable restrictions, as far as I’m aware, on Day 1. His relative level of activity has not changed much between Days 1 & 2, so we can’t say that his activity has been diminished by the oompa loompa doompity shtick. But his activity on Day 1 was underwhelming, and he had been under heat for that coming into Day 2, so while the adoption of the posting restriction isn’t reducing his content output, it is perhaps enabling him to remain under the radar with a newly added security blanket.

I have to wonder if scum G-man would employ this strategy knowing that people were already suspecting him for his lack of activity on Day 1. This isn’t addressing the issue, it is exacerbating it. If G-man is bad, he could be trying to get us to think along these exact lines. Or he’s just town and having fun. Or he’s just having fun regardless of his alignment. I don’t really know, so I’m going to stick to judging the content of the posts through the oompa loompa song.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:58 pm After ten pages, I have to wonder if ted needs a library card.
tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:27 am I’m gonna go at epi when I’m on pc, wanted you to know I acknowledged your vote there
tedxtr wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:44 am Haven’t forgotten about Epi, came back from a 4 hour exhausting volleyball training session
I did respond
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm taking a break and hope G-Man is one when I get back.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:59 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:58 pm After ten pages, I have to wonder if ted needs a library card.
I did respond
Well shit, you did. Never mind. :|
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:52 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:42 pm

I remember a stretch of doing the gimmick thing for a while. Good times. XD
OMG and I hounded you for it, too.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:58 pm G-man did not post with any noticeable restrictions, as far as I’m aware, on Day 1. His relative level of activity has not changed much between Days 1 & 2, so we can’t say that his activity has been diminished by the oompa loompa doompity shtick. But his activity on Day 1 was underwhelming, and he had been under heat for that coming into Day 2, so while the adoption of the posting restriction isn’t reducing his content output, it is perhaps enabling him to remain under the radar with a newly added security blanket.

I have to wonder if scum G-man would employ this strategy knowing that people were already suspecting him for his lack of activity on Day 1. This isn’t addressing the issue, it is exacerbating it. If G-man is bad, he could be trying to get us to think along these exact lines. Or he’s just town and having fun. Or he’s just having fun regardless of his alignment. I don’t really know, so I’m going to stick to judging the content of the posts through the oompa loompa song.
I reread him after I posted my first reply to you, and I saw one candle in the darkness. I want to see what he does with it. Civ G Man can be an awesome force for the town, and it isn't too late for him to show up.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

... if he does show up, I won't even bitch about the Oompa Loompas (too much).
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I enjoy posting shticks as long as they don’t get in the way of generating actual content.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:34 am Lol I feel like there are quite a few people who are just falling in love with the idea of catching me and not actually reading my play. Namely Dom, Nanook, Jack and now Nutella. Dom especially only really amped it up on me when I came back to thread live and a bunch of others (Jay, Nanook, Sloonei) all simultaneously started hounding me. It was too opportunistic and I do not trust.

I'm not really one who generally believes/trusts when people make self meta reads but if you've seen my GoC play, or really the vast majority of my mafia play, before (and I have been mafia in multiple), I can't see how you look at this game and think you're seeing the mafia version of Mac.

I'm not saying that I'm playing well or anything, quite the contrary, but mislynching me today would be a poor result. We should lynch someone who sucks more at Mafia ergo if they are mislynched would be no loss. Someone like Jay, Epi, or Sloonei.
There is no hunting here.
There is no attempt to solve.
It is all grievance based.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:42 am nutella tunneling me because I'm not mind melding with her ranks as one of the all time shittiest reasons to suspect someone.
....he's arguing about a GHOST !

Should we lynch her, again, Mac?
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:50 am Ohhh I remember why Dom has decided to just tunnel me and not actually read the thread. It's because I snap scum read him and was right. Hardy har har.
A snap read you drop whenever it is inconvenient.

A snap read that is wrong.
A snap read that you won't defend. That you won't entertain pressure on.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:07 pm
sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:18 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:28 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:21 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:48 pm I'd rather kill Colin anyways, which is where my vote is going
This isn’t the worst take
It is, in fact, an excellent take
It’s actually a bad take and wrong

NANOOK and TH dropping an easy vote on Collin makes them look bad

SVS has him as red as well, or at least I just read.

I’m on the colin is town side

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

It’s pizza time so I’ll come back to this once I catchup
sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:32 pm Phone posting is gonna be a chore until I get wifi in my barracks room, but:

I think Colin is mislynch bait. I haven’t liked Nanook’s reasoning towards it either. I feel compelled to reflect this in a red green list
So am I correct in thinking sprit wants to lynch Nanook solely for suspecting Colin?
sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:46 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:16 pm To elucidate the difference, I recall Colin being like a dog with a bone in the game I saw him as town (I think the wire, not 100% sure), whereas this game he’s a bit more drifty. I don’t recall him being much more active than in this game. That seems like enough of a difference to me to run with 🤷‍♀️
So NANOOK, prior I didn’t see any other mention of colin or a suspicion until this post. This was after you had said colin was a baddie.

And there is truly no other player you have a better or any reason to suspect at the moment? Given your post amount, I’m positive you can do better.

Also where NANOOK and juliets were talking pinged me slightly, not sure why
To be honest, I didn't see any mention of a Nanook suspicion from sprit until the post where he voted for him. Pretty much everything he says about Nanook here would apply to him as well.

Gonna be honest, I hate this progression as much as I like Macs in the post I made earlier.
:ponder: weird ya?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:09 pm I enjoy posting shticks as long as they don’t get in the way of generating actual content.
I don't feel like his did. You can change the last syllable of the refrain to anything in order to make the next line rhyme.

Which is frustrating because G-Man hasn't said all that much.

The first song says to lynch Dyslexicon.
The second song backpedals (?) on Dyslexicon.
The third song has him self-quoting saying he'll do his thing, mentioning that he was being a brat toward JJJ, and lamenting there being two teams.
The fourth song might be his most meaningful one. He named JJJ a suspect, you, and said he didn't trust Dom and S~V~S (so is this song about a salad? :grin: )
The fifth song calls you bad again.

The gimmick doesn't bother me. The fact that he gave himself an easy one but has provided very little in the way of substance does.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

sprityo wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:14 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:07 pm
sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:18 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:28 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:21 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:48 pm I'd rather kill Colin anyways, which is where my vote is going
This isn’t the worst take
It is, in fact, an excellent take
It’s actually a bad take and wrong

NANOOK and TH dropping an easy vote on Collin makes them look bad

SVS has him as red as well, or at least I just read.

I’m on the colin is town side

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine

It’s pizza time so I’ll come back to this once I catchup
sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:32 pm Phone posting is gonna be a chore until I get wifi in my barracks room, but:

I think Colin is mislynch bait. I haven’t liked Nanook’s reasoning towards it either. I feel compelled to reflect this in a red green list
So am I correct in thinking sprit wants to lynch Nanook solely for suspecting Colin?
sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:46 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:16 pm To elucidate the difference, I recall Colin being like a dog with a bone in the game I saw him as town (I think the wire, not 100% sure), whereas this game he’s a bit more drifty. I don’t recall him being much more active than in this game. That seems like enough of a difference to me to run with 🤷‍♀️
So NANOOK, prior I didn’t see any other mention of colin or a suspicion until this post. This was after you had said colin was a baddie.

And there is truly no other player you have a better or any reason to suspect at the moment? Given your post amount, I’m positive you can do better.

Also where NANOOK and juliets were talking pinged me slightly, not sure why
To be honest, I didn't see any mention of a Nanook suspicion from sprit until the post where he voted for him. Pretty much everything he says about Nanook here would apply to him as well.

Gonna be honest, I hate this progression as much as I like Macs in the post I made earlier.
:ponder: weird ya?
No, not at all. Totally normal :)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:54 am [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine I don't like his unwavering suspicion of Mac and I especially don't like his reasoning re: Mac's changing opinion of Nutella
Why does that make him bad?
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:13 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:28 amSecondly, yes, I think that posting is real and it doesn’t even matter if he’s Saitama or not, my point was I expect mafia members to know of each other’s actions so that just spews him not scum.
Wait. I disagree that Mac is spewed as not the silencer/not on the silencing team. But even if he was, as you argue, that does not spew him as not scum, it just spews him as not on that team. Unless you are on the other team. :smoky: :smoky: :smoky:
Two things:
1) I like this analysis.
2) the word spew sucks
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:58 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:11 pm
You, like a teacher hoping to impress their administrator with a lesson play they'd never employ were it not for the observation in the first place, are reading as hollow, meaningless, and half hearted.
:haha:

I've had observations where the administrator gets to watch me grade work. I'm not putting on a show just because someone walks in with a laptop and sits down.
I REALLY hate it when people do those kinds of things. I'm like... just do what you think is best for the kids. And like... most of the time, while improvement is possible always, you're gonna do pretty well.
Like... I know very few teachers who are truly truly bad and need to be retrained with educational buzzwords etc.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I'm gonna go take a shower and hit the supermarket. bbl.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Mac
Ted
Colin
GMan

good lynches tbh
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:32 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:12 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:03 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 am Hi I’d like to introduce you to a concept known as the fake derp clear, have you been introduced before or is this your first time?
I would've perceived it as fake if I had a reason to believe he was scum. Which I don't. Because, once again, he has nothing scummy about him.

Jumping from me not having any reasoning to scum read a slot that I've easily scum read in the past to believing an alleged "fake attempt at derp clear because he's scum" requires some kind of mental contortion to get to that conclusion.
I mean you’re pushing something that just isn’t AI as a reason to TR mac, and it just isn’t.
My point was that I'm not seeing scum Mac here unlike his Inception game where I sniped his ass page 10 or something.
Reading a game is significantly different than playing it, but kudos I guess
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Michelle »

Started to Iso Mac on pc but I will have to leave it so I have to post what I picked up
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:27 pm I put all the names in Random.org and Master Radishes came up and he's already got the most votes. Universe 1 - MR - 0.
This is awful for a champion.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:33 pm Dyslexicon
Epignosis
juliets
Michelle
nutella
S~V~S

Sloonei
tedxtr
TonyStarkPrime
sprityo
Tranq
Turnip Head

ColinIsCool
Dom
Dragomir

G-Man
Jackofhearts2005
JaggedJimmyJay
Master Radishes
NANOOK
sabie12
sig
speedchuck
rainbow reads. tells to Sig they are with meme purpose :shrug:

bbl at this, sorry :) short conclusion, I am confused by Mac

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:30 pm Dyslexicon
Epignosis
juliets
Michelle
nutella
S~V~S

Sloonei
tedxtr
TonyStarkPrime
sprityo
Tranq
Turnip Head

ColinIsCool
Dom
Dragomir

G-Man
Jackofhearts2005
MacDougall
Master Radishes
NANOOK
sabie12
sig
speedchuck
He was quoting this post from Jay, except he switched him and Jay around in the order.

If it’s self-imposed in order to hide what’s the point in dropping it before EOD
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

being top wagon maybe having something to do with it?
ImageImageImageImage

Like I get the angle of “self-imposed gimmick to hide behind is scummy,” sure whatever. But what’s the point in dropping, doesn’t that just bring more heat onto him?

Yeah I don’t think a reasonable scum player is going to see they’re the top wagon and go “oh shit I guess I better admit I don’t have to post like this, that’ll convince people I’m sincere!”

🤷‍♀️

I mean I don’t know G-man maybe this is just what he does for shits and giggles and it’s alignment neutral, but it seems kinda stupid if he’s scum tbh
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

This is his last post, so I don't think he's cursed, and I don't think he dropped it :shrug:

Now really, bye lol
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Well I don't have a metric for G-man's scum play so I can't comment on that
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:20 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:54 am [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine I don't like his unwavering suspicion of Mac and I especially don't like his reasoning re: Mac's changing opinion of Nutella
Why does that make him bad?
It's a summary of specific events that led to my read, feel free to connect your own dots
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:07 pm I mean I don’t know G-man maybe this is just what he does for shits and giggles and it’s alignment neutral, but it seems kinda stupid if he’s scum tbh
This is kind of where I’m leaning. In my very first game on the Syndicate, G-man spent the game communicating entirely via images for no real reason. He’s done other gimmicky things in the past as well. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him adopt a gimmick partway into a game after starting out “normal”, but that’s a different discussion that I can’t weigh in on in a meaningful way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That is, the shtick itself is alignment neutral. I have thoughts about what it could mean in various different contexts, but G-man hasn’t offered much in terms of content or explanation, both since he confirmed that he’s not cursed or at any point during the game. I am lacking sufficient data to offer a concrete read on the G.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:07 pm Yeah I don’t think a reasonable scum player is going to see they’re the top wagon and go “oh shit I guess I better admit I don’t have to post like this, that’ll convince people I’m sincere!”
I don't see a civilian motivation behind it though either. Unless he's just like I don't have time to play so I'm gonna look sketchy so people kill me and I don't have to but why not just ask for a replacement? When I've played with gman before he has done more scum hunting and participated more with providing reads and input.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~

sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:23 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:07 pm Yeah I don’t think a reasonable scum player is going to see they’re the top wagon and go “oh shit I guess I better admit I don’t have to post like this, that’ll convince people I’m sincere!”
I don't see a civilian motivation behind it though either. Unless he's just like I don't have time to play so I'm gonna look sketchy so people kill me and I don't have to but why not just ask for a replacement? When I've played with gman before he has done more scum hunting and participated more with providing reads and input.
I mean I agree it’s probably alignment neutral, that’s what I’m saying—I think the motivation for it is likely just for a laugh, which is maybe slightly townie but I wouldn’t really bet on it either way. I just dislike the narrative of “THIS IS SO SCUMMY” that seemed to be popping up, I don’t think it’s a good reason to SR him 🤷‍♀️
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Post by Dyslexicon »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:54 pm I mean, there isn't really any question coming from Dys towards me, so how do you expect me to engage that? It's just a tinfoil that I don't care about. Should I?
Here's a question. Do you see my gripe with it?
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:55 pm I usually don't pay attention to things that can be refuted upon my flip :shrug:
What good will that do if you flip town?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Can we stop the G-Man quirk conversation. It goes nowhere. Why are people voting him? "Low content"?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Epi scum reading and pressuring Ted while at the same time completely ignoring my vote/point against him is such a mood tbh. I don't know what to do with that. Maybe I'm just that inconsequential lol
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:27 pm Epi scum reading and pressuring Ted while at the same time completely ignoring my vote/point against him is such a mood tbh. I don't know what to do with that. Maybe I'm just that inconsequential lol
1. My vote is already on ted (for now)
2. I don't know what a "mood" is.
3. I don't know why I need to acknowledge your vote or point against him. Do your thing.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:30 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:27 pm Epi scum reading and pressuring Ted while at the same time completely ignoring my vote/point against him is such a mood tbh. I don't know what to do with that. Maybe I'm just that inconsequential lol
1. My vote is already on ted (for now)
2. I don't know what a "mood" is.
3. I don't know why I need to acknowledge your vote or point against him. Do your thing.
You're such a mood tbh :noble:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:45 pm Your vote isn't on him right now, so let me ask you this: What makes Master Radishes a better Day 2 lynch than speedchuck?
speedchuck is clearly pressed for time. I'm willing to give some benefit of the doubt until he can integrate himself more deeply into the game. Radish has been a consistent presence, made a lot of posts, and despite that I've never felt any inspiration from him. He started the game saying a lot of nothing. More recently he has provided reads, but for essentially all of them I find myself asking questions about their validity or outright doubting their sincerity.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:25 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:54 pm I mean, there isn't really any question coming from Dys towards me, so how do you expect me to engage that? It's just a tinfoil that I don't care about. Should I?
Here's a question. Do you see my gripe with it?
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:55 pm I usually don't pay attention to things that can be refuted upon my flip :shrug:
What good will that do if you flip town?
> I do

> It revokes your theory, which is why I'd rather spend time engaging in things I can control, such as reads and figuring alignment and asking questions, etc etc, then to entertain a tinfoil that will prove itself wrong with a flip. I don't know what you expect me to say, I acknowledged your tinfoil, what would you have wanted me to say or do in order to make you feel better about it? There was no direct question towards me either. It's not like you wanted me to say anything either, otherwise you would've asked me something, y'know.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:26 pm Can we stop the G-Man quirk conversation. It goes nowhere. Why are people voting him? "Low content"?
My vote was on him before all of this started. “Low content” is one way of framing it. More accurate to the spirit of my suspicion is this: he has lacked content in such a way that seems he is shying away from it when presented with the opportunity. This is true of Day 1 and 2, and independent from his shtick.
I cannot speak for anyone else who’s voting for him, of course.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:20 am @TonyStarkPrime

- Tony, I've read this 5 times and still don't understand what your saying. I know "late" should be "early" but I still am not getting it.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:35 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:15 pm I also don't get Jack's so sure read on you. Is that normal for Jack, anyone? I seem to remember a more tempered town!Jack.
In my single game (Inception, a few months ago) Jack looked like he was trying to play like he is now, but without being too noticeable. He was scum in that game, so in retrospect I feel like he was trying to imitate his town game as he perceives it.

This makes me hesitate to vote Jack right now, as much as his overall play has been a bit questionable.
I find that town Jack is more unsure in late game in confident end game and scum Jack is the other way around.
Jack as town makes plays early (d2-4) and seems less certain as the game goes on. Jack as scum can float those days while still contributing and then enacts his plan in the late game.

- Tony you did something you called a Power Analysis. I am not familiar with that as a solving tool. It seemed like you were just saying what you would do if you were that role which would just be busywork, something a scum would do. What was the purpose of the Power Analysis?

I wanted to look over the powers. And doing that is a good excuse to get thinking about it. There are some cool interactions to note. And sometimes I get responses that spark good discussion.

- I spoilered this next post because it's so long
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:40 pm
sig wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:24 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:24 am Catching up: throwing in early reads to have them down

Town: SVS, Sig, Michelle, I think Epi
Wont lynch: Jack, Ted, the other half of Epi
Do these reads still stand @TonyStarkPrime and do you have any mafia reads.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:40 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:35 pm I remember squinting my eyes at Tony earlier. Let's look into that.

sorry tony :hugs:
keep tryin you’ll lynch me one of these days
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:42 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:41 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:35 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm
In my single game (Inception, a few months ago) Jack looked like he was trying to play like he is now, but without being too noticeable. He was scum in that game, so in retrospect I feel like he was trying to imitate his town game as he perceives it.

This makes me hesitate to vote Jack right now, as much as his overall play has been a bit questionable.
I find that town Jack is more unsure in late game in confident end game and scum Jack is the other way around.
Hahahaha you are bad again. Fuck I own your soul.
I wish
These two posts feel icky very much like he's deflecting.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:57 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:49 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:27 pm

The part where you keep downplaying Jack being god tier at reading you. I have demonstrable evidence that you know and highly regard his ability to read you. The lines of logic you are using are fallacious as opposed to what they would naturally be if he was actually wrong.
But what would be they be if he was actually wrong?
Surprised, or she'd have a fierce scum read of him.
I tend to disagree. We’ve seen this a few times with Rej and Drago (I don’t think in any of the cases where one had a strong day 1 read they were v/v, but I’ll have to check) and it’s been discussed there and my general idea is that the usual reaction is bewilderment, general anger, and resignation — in either case.
For me I’m thinking about what I would do if Sloonei came after me with a case in a few days. it’s a technique Sloonei can pull as scum, but I have to assume that Sloonei as town can misread me too or else what am I saying about my own ability as a scum player?

Did Sloonei lynch me in the game we played together as town? I have no recollection of that game at all.
I like this post 1+ Civ point.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:45 am Let's do some power analysis
So his analysis was good, but I personally don't like random PA like this. Now after Nights I can see it since you want to look over what's happened. But, this was an odd time to do it and is basically just a more in-depth version of what G-man did. As in being around, looking active, but not really contributing anything real.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:00 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:52 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:42 am Meh
Vote Dizzy
Wait, what? TSP please share what you are seeing here.
I gotta feeling
He never responded to this and I'd like an answer. :eye:

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:34 pm
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:20 pm Okay gang, so what if we take a step back?

We have two major wagons going, with most of the players on them which isn't really something I personally like this early in the game.

Who outside of Jack, Nutella, and Radish looks the worst/could be a baddie?

I'm obviously gonna say we should go with Nanook. :shrug:

But, I'm open to other ideas.
I don’t think any of those are good lynches probably reverse alpha best to worst
So you didn't like these three lynches and supported Dizzy, any reason why?

TSP: He's still kind off a mystery to me. I'd like to see more reads from him and why he voted/suspected Dizzy, until then he's staying null I guess. :shrug:

Any scum reads? No. Not going to pretend otherwise. I think the list of people I wouldn’t lynch is pretty large though. I can expand it if you’d like but I think I’ll hold off til the day.

I would have been fine with any of the three lynches (least pleased with Nutella as I said) but I wasn’t content to let that be that. So I voted for Dizzy.
I liked your response in the first paragraph, open and honest. I'm not sure I get your second paragraph. You had just said "I don’t think any of those are good lynches probably reverse alpha best to worst" about Jack, nutella and Radish but now you say you would have been fine with them. And I still don't see the reason you voted Dizzy.

-
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:04 am Vote: Jay because I feel like it
But why?

- You gave reasons for suspecting me and I gave you a response to those reasons. I'd like you to respond back to me if you would. I am thinking you haven't been online since then.

-
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:58 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:58 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:56 pm Still think Tony is bad tbh. One of you freaks that’s always asking for more ISOs to do, go check him out
Any beefs beyond the off-wagon vote?
His exchange with you. I had the same thought about his reads list, wondering where those names came from.
I definitely called out the town ones as they went by and think I had said something about each of the scum ones
Tony, you said their names but I didn't see any reasoning except for about me. Could you say a little more about your reads?

Overall Tony I'm not inspired (if I can borrow Sloonei's word) by your posts. You have not provided much content and I don't know what you are thinking. Maybe people who play with you more often can provide some insight because as you said, we have not played together a lot in my memory. I look forward to your response.
First two comments in red.
I think you messed up the spoilers so I’m not quite clear where to go from there. It is true that I have not provided much content. I’m sorry for this. The game is crowded. I don’t feel like I have much to say. A lot of my reads in this game are from overall feel rather than anything specific and I’m not going to pretend otherwise. I can provide a sentence or two on each one but I don’t have much else. Why did I suspect dizzy? Medium post count, no interactions worth mentioning. Saved it with a good reads list that showed straight thinking. Why do I suspect Jay? Cause where’s Jay?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:30 pm3. I don't know why I need to acknowledge your vote or point against him. Do your thing.
This is because if one is town, finding other town and trying to come together is how one wins the game.

This game is full of individuals with 100 different opinions. Not a lot of coming together.

I mean, I don't think that's strange in this game in particular, since it is multiball and has such a high number of scum. But if the game is winnable for town later down the line, somehow town needs to try to come together, form an understanding and cooperate. I generally don't think "Do your thing and I'll do mine" is a winning town mindset. We know scum will work together.

This game is just super messy and I'm a bit frustrated by it. I want to see so many flips.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Epi, you said I have responded to your wall, therefore you acknowledged it, so what's your vote still doing on me? No response to it at all? Did it satisfy your expectations / did it not? I don't think I comprehend what your vote is supposed to accomplish. are you scum reading me or
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:44 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:37 am Jack isn't town here. If there's one read you should come back to if/when I die it should be this one. I can best summarise it by saying that he feels like he is only half attempting to scum hunt when compared to his actual range. Which would be forgiveable if he wasn't also ever present. He is holding back. Actually this is probably explains why I've had suspicion on a range of other players too. Jay, Sloonei, S~V~S, TSP, Dyslexicon all fit the bill.
I can’t see anything but town Jack in this game. There was a burst of emotion (not a deliberate appeal to emotion) on Day 1 that I thought projected a level of agitation that would not have been reached if he was bad.
Please show me this. I haven't been bothered by Jack since the nutella thing, but I grant that in his extended absence I forgot about him. That's atypical.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:50 am Ohhh I remember why Dom has decided to just tunnel me and not actually read the thread. It's because I snap scum read him and was right. Hardy har har.
This sucks.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:34 pm somehow town needs to try to come together, form an understanding and cooperate. I generally don't think "Do your thing and I'll do mine" is a winning town mindset. We know scum will work together.
I thought we were and then you flipped on me, you're not even pressuring Jack :shrug: meanwhile a lazy G-Man snowball rolls down the mountain getting fatter and fatter

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”