62%

Total votes: 13
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 2

Post by Sloonei »

I read DDL as town because he is open about being behind on the thread, but he’s not hiding behind that. All of his posts are directed at something, and when he’s here he gets involved.

What I’d like to see moving forward, though, is more development of reads out of him. While he is producing content, I don’t see him doing as many things that seem designed to facilitate the improvement of his reads. Maybe that’s just me trying to project my own not-caught-up playing style onto him, or maybe it’s not. But he’s a town read for now.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also, none of DDL’s reads look at all calculated or carefully plotted to me. He seems to just be hurling thoughts into the thread as they come to him. That’s a good thing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Matahari »

No, I can’t give examples of his leading being misguided, because any of his scenarios could be true. I’m saying there are too many, and they lead nowhere. Other than changing a subject at hand, there is no purpose behind many of his posts.

I’m not sure what your question means about DDL. Could you reword that? Specifically the ‘it had been posted for two hours’ part.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Matahari »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:45 pm Also, none of DDL’s reads look at all calculated or carefully plotted to me. He seems to just be hurling thoughts into the thread as they come to him. That’s a good thing.
I’ll reread him, then.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Matahari wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:34 pm Nutella is nervous. She’s flitting between suspects too much and practically seeking approval. Not seeing town Nutella here

Epig leads. When he isn’t town, his leading goes everywhere. He either puts too many scenarios in the thread, or he fixates, or both.

Daisy is too absent for my comfort. I know she’s busy, but this is unlike her.
DDL played a part in the lynchfest yesterday that seemed tailor made for a team. The people who switched their votes to me at the last minute were just waiting on him, or that’s how it seemed to me. Considering he’s been so busy, it’s just miraculous he was there at just the right moment, with just the right suggestion. Too miraculous.
I haven't "been" so busy. I was busy from Friday to Sunday, which is when I made the decision to skip most of Day 0. Since then, I have caught up with the thread (minus the part I skipped and which I will probably never read) and I'm not busy now. I wasn't busy at EoD1 either.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:59 am Dammit... Sprityo is bad again.

A shame too... here I was thinking "I just wish I could press my shirtless body up to them." Looks like that can't happen.
Damnit now I won’t get a custom banner that says “DrWilgy pressed his shirtless body against me.”

Also you’re wrong, but maybe you’re also wrong

And wrong of course
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

nutella wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:50 am
sprityo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:41 am
Dragomir wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:13 am Let's just form two solid wagons on Nutella and Mata that way the leading wagons are w/w.
Yeah but I’m pretty sure I’m right and we can make this a lot easier w/w situation

Linki: and?
What
Failure to comply will only result in negative cool points
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Matahari wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:53 pm No, I can’t give examples of his leading being misguided, because any of his scenarios could be true. I’m saying there are too many, and they lead nowhere. Other than changing a subject at hand, there is no purpose behind many of his posts.

I’m not sure what your question means about DDL. Could you reword that? Specifically the ‘it had been posted for two hours’ part.
I’ll admit to having some concerns about Epi myself that may line up partially with what you’re saying, but not entirely.

As for DDL, you suggested that it’s “miraculous” that he shower up when he did at the end of Day 1. I don’t understand why you are qualifying his appearance like that. Players can come and go at any moment, and the hour leading up to a deadline is usually the most popular time to be around for anyone, regardless of alignment. It seems like you are suspecting DDL for being present in the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:46 am [VOTE: Sabie] aubergine

Cause you know.
I know,

Thank you
Banners:
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

sprityo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:27 pm

Cause you know.
I know,

Thank you
???
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:26 pm

A shame too... here I was thinking "I just wish I could press my shirtless body up to them." Looks like that can't happen.
Damnit now I won’t get a custom banner that says “DrWilgy pressed his shirtless body against me.”

And wrong of course
sprityo help me. I’m lost. I an suddenly incapable of understanding anything in this game unless you explain it to me in your own words. Tell me who the bad guys and good guys are, I’m begging you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:29 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:27 pm

Cause you know.
I know,

Thank you
???
🤫
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 70

Post by speedchuck »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:59 am A shame too... here I was thinking "I just wish I could press my shirtless body up to them." Looks like that can't happen.
Keep being jealous.

Even if you got the banner, there would be no shrimp involved.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:31 pm

And wrong of course
sprityo help me. I’m lost. I an suddenly incapable of understanding anything in this game unless you explain it to me in your own words. Tell me who the bad guys and good guys are, I’m begging you.
sabie is bad, because i said so
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Banners:
ImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Spirityos contributions so far have been short random posts without giving any thoughts or reads and then randomly comes in and is like sabie is bad with no explanation. He did that to me before and eventually everyone realized he was wrong and that's what's happening again. Sighhhhh and I was just mislynched in another game again.
I can see where the suspicion of Mata and nutella comes from. Nutella is always kinda iffy and from what I've seen of Mata so far I'm not convinced they're town.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Ultra
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 201

Post by Ultra »

sabie12 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm Spirityos contributions so far have been short random posts without giving any thoughts or reads and then randomly comes in and is like sabie is bad with no explanation. He did that to me before and eventually everyone realized he was wrong and that's what's happening again. Sighhhhh and I was just mislynched in another game again.
I can see where the suspicion of Mata and nutella comes from. Nutella is always kinda iffy and from what I've seen of Mata so far I'm not convinced they're town.
Eh this is a bad post
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei can be town.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 pm I read DDL as town because he is open about being behind on the thread, but he’s not hiding behind that. All of his posts are directed at something, and when he’s here he gets involved.

What I’d like to see moving forward, though, is more development of reads out of him. While he is producing content, I don’t see him doing as many things that seem designed to facilitate the improvement of his reads. Maybe that’s just me trying to project my own not-caught-up playing style onto him, or maybe it’s not. But he’s a town read for now.
My style in the last few games has been less about making huge effort and more about just posting a flow of thoughts and doing what my instinct tells me to. I've noticed I generally just have more fun doing that, though I still make some ISOs from time to time.

Also I am more demanding of myself to have actual reasons to suspect people. I don't force myself to have a read on someone. If I don't, I just don't. And if I do, I better feel good about it. It's better to not be sure of everything than pretend I am and lead lynches on wrong targets.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

That said I am reading Matahari super bad on tone.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Creature »

Oh man
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

How are things going?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Also hello sprityo
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:57 pm

And wrong of course
Does not compute. Reason insufficient.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Ultra wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:28 pm
sabie12 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm Spirityos contributions so far have been short random posts without giving any thoughts or reads and then randomly comes in and is like sabie is bad with no explanation. He did that to me before and eventually everyone realized he was wrong and that's what's happening again. Sighhhhh and I was just mislynched in another game again.
Eh this is a bad post
No, it isn't.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 451

Post by Epignosis »

Matahari wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:11 pm Bad:
Nutella
Epig

Likely bad:
Daisy
DDL

I may add to this list before day ends, still isoing.
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
I have misled you all.

I am a Superhero.

I am...

THE FOXX

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matahari wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:34 pm Nutella is nervous. She’s flitting between suspects too much and practically seeking approval. Not seeing town Nutella here

Epig leads. When he isn’t town, his leading goes everywhere. He either puts too many scenarios in the thread, or he fixates, or both.

Daisy is too absent for my comfort. I know she’s busy, but this is unlike her.
DDL played a part in the lynchfest yesterday that seemed tailor made for a team. The people who switched their votes to me at the last minute were just waiting on him, or that’s how it seemed to me. Considering he’s been so busy, it’s just miraculous he was there at just the right moment, with just the right suggestion. Too miraculous.
So when I'm bad, I hedge a lot or I go all in or I do both at the same time.

Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Creature wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:52 pm
Eh this is a bad post
No, it isn't.
Appeal to previous performances/claims to force a repeat narrative and also call the credibility of the accuser into question is a fairly scummy defense.

Also like, I feel like if this were actually genuine, her response would be more along the lines of "why are you doing this again spirityo?" rather than expositioning to the thread
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:50 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:57 pm

And wrong of course
Does not compute. Reason insufficient.
Redpill me on Matahari
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 351

Post by MacDougall »

Eh this is a bad post
No, it isn't.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:29 pm
Eh this is a bad post
No, it isn't.
And why am I bad again

Hard Mode: Without accounting for end of D1, since you had me marked as scummy much before that.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Ultra wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:22 pm
Eh this is a bad post
No, it isn't.
Appeal to previous performances/claims to force a repeat narrative and also call the credibility of the accuser into question is a fairly scummy defense.

Also like, I feel like if this were actually genuine, her response would be more along the lines of "why are you doing this again spirityo?" rather than expositioning to the thread
The thing people dont ever get about me is that I'm always genuine. This is actually what happened in world asunder and it was super annoying. I had to keep fighting and defending myself over and over about reasoning that turned out to be complete bs. And can you say that I'm wrong about spirityos prior contributions? I thought he was sketchy even before this whole thing. He basically said he didnt read anything just wanted to make a 3 way tie and cause chaos and that's it. Didnt say who he was voting for or why or anything really.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ultra wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:35 pm
Eh this is a bad post
No, it isn't.
And why am I bad again

Hard Mode: Without accounting for end of D1, since you had me marked as scummy much before that.
Lots of reasons.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by Dragomir »

What are y'all's thoughts on Nutella? Why do you read her that way?
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

sabie12 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:56 pm
Ultra wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:22 pm
Eh this is a bad post
No, it isn't.

The thing people dont ever get about me is that I'm always genuine. This is actually what happened in world asunder and it was super annoying. I had to keep fighting and defending myself over and over about reasoning that turned out to be complete bs. And can you say that I'm wrong about spirityos prior contributions? I thought he was sketchy even before this whole thing. He basically said he didnt read anything just wanted to make a 3 way tie and cause chaos and that's it. Didnt say who he was voting for or why or anything really.
That's a more genuine response. How exactly are you reading spirityo though? Because your last post gave me the impression you were town reading him
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:00 pm
Eh this is a bad post
No, it isn't.
And why am I bad again

Lots of reasons.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ultra wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:13 pm
Eh this is a bad post
No, it isn't.
And why am I bad again

Lots of reasons.

Thanks for surrendering.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:37 pm

Eh this is a bad post
No, it isn't.
And why am I bad again

Lots of reasons.

Thanks for surrendering.
Why surrender? I'm winning this bitch.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ultra wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:37 pm

No, it isn't.
And why am I bad again

Lots of reasons.

Thanks for surrendering.
Why surrender? I'm winning this bitch.
See, I told y'all he was a rogue.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

"I'm winning" = rogue.

Roguety rogue rogue.

The rogues here are bad.

So let's lynch Ultra.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

We have an isssue on this site and that is indies get away with too much. They get caught and then kept alive because "indie". This motherfucker is probably Deathstroke who killed Juliets for no reason.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

“Hey guys I have a plan that involves not catching the serial killer night 1.” - Ultra, Arrowverse Mafia, 2019.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:42 pm We have an isssue on this site and that is indies get away with too much. They get caught and then kept alive because "indie". This motherfucker is probably Deathstroke who killed Juliets for no reason.
A serious charge indeed.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy though.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:42 pm "I'm winning" = rogue.

Roguety rogue rogue.

The rogues here are bad.

So let's lynch Ultra.

The rogues aren't even in this game.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lissen.

Nutella, Mata and Sabbie are all bad. Probably different alignments, even.

So let's just

Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 507

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:40 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:33 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:26 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 am Lux, I feel like you're making excuses for Mata.
Maybe but i dont really see her as scum. I only looked at it that was at EoD because her vote on me looked opportunistic from a scum standpoint since it pushed me up to lead the lynch (and i assumed day ended at 10:00pm edt)

Otherwise everything she was doing was too openly wolfy for a wolf to be doing
That's the difference between you and me.

It isn't too evil to be evil- it can be "I'm scared and scuffling and don't know what to do." I've seen plenty of mafia do that- even experienced mafioso.
I mean this is a possible consideration

But on day 1 no less....

I would assume then that someone else up for the lynch would be her teammate because it doesnt make sense to backtrack on me unless the other option was someone she really didnt want to go on
Mafia Member feels some scrutiny on them and needs to present a read. The pressure is on.

Mafia Member has no authentic reads and tried to concoct one. They present some waffly thoughts about A Player With Votes. People start to grill them on it.

Mafia Member panics and changes course. Possibly they tried to adopt a new strategy all of a sudden. Possibly they tried not to get pinned into a corner. Either way, they were not prepared for the direction their read was heading in, so they attempted to correct it.

Mafia Member gets confused, foot ends up in mouth.
Sloonei talks to Lux like she is a baby

Lux understands this is a possibility but Lux also understands these kinda statements can come from town

Lux does not need Sloonei to talk Like this
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Night 1

Post by Luxurious »

Dragomir wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:35 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 am I'm not happy.
Dragomir why are you unhappy about a scum being lynched

Even with little info we still got one?
I already said why.
>the person who died wasnt nutella
>isnt happy there’s one less scum member
>:thonk:
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

I dont even know how the nutella scum progression occurred for dragomir so that’s another investigation since a lot of his earlier posts say he’s town reading her?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by Luxurious »

Dragomir wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:36 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:06 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:44 am
nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:11 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:45 am I like that iso by Sloo.
why? let me know what you think of my response. almost all of his points were founded on absurd twistings of my words. I don't believe he believes what he's saying.
I first I thought he made valid statements, but thinking about it now, I was rather fooled by his in-depth analysis. Now reading back on it, half of what he said doesn't make any sense.
The player called Sloonei is grilling nutella a little bit. Nothing serious, but the directness of the final question in this exchange suggests attentiveness on his part. nutella gives it a casual sidestep, leaning (it would seem) more toward the "General town read", but with enough resistance in the "roll of foil" comment to avoid rolling over completely. I would file this under "downplaying pressure".
Like right here, not a single clue what he was trying to say here. Looks like like a bunch of words to look more in-depth with iso.
sprityo drops in and drops out. I don't object to keeping tabs on him and putting pressure on him to post more. What bothers me about this is the bluntness of nutella's response. She's being purposefully oppositional toward sprit. It looks more like she's putting a tab on future suspect than she is trying to wrangle content out of a quiet player. File this under "low-hanging fruit".
Next we go to this here. This I believe to be a super trivial reason to say that you're going after the low-hanging fruit. I mean, one would really have to stretch out your sarcasm say the bolded part. Even with that, one really can't get the line of logic there. Also, at least from what I read, you made no push or any questioning/prodding directed at Sprit, going after the low-hanging fruit doesn't really work here as a reason.
I have no direct objections to her Mac suspicion here, so I've cut it out of the post. But it exists and I don't want to seem like I'm dismissing it.
Matahari and MafiaMenace are low-hanging fruit here. Mata falls into the same category as sprit. She goes after MafiaMenace for his focus on mechanics to that point, which is something I've already commented on. These are not particularly inspired suspicions.
Only part of his post where he actually starts making sense imo. I can get how Mata falls into a low-hanging fruit category and the MafiaMenace part. But that last sentenced, the bolded I don't understand. @Sloonei what do you mean by that? So this is basically the only part of the post that I like, and it's pretty meh.

So yeah, I can grill him more but you get the point. And about your response, I'll get to that soonish.
Another thing I have to consider about this post specifically is that there was “no issue” with Sloonei’s ISO until nutella retorted to which Dragomir then went through his ISO and made comments on it

Dragomir, why were these specifically important to point out after nutella’s comment? Why werent they an issue before?
I didn't properly read Sloonei's iso, then I did after Nutella talked to me.
What does not properly read his ISO mean?

Like you skimmed it and went “wow that looks like a good post even though I didnt actually read it”

Return to “Previous Jobs”