Who?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 pm

speedchuck
61%
sprityo
No votes
Kylemii
11%
Roger Daltrey (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
28%

Total votes: 18
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 133

Re: The Game of Champions 2018 [Day 1]

Post by S~V~S »

And I know how Mafia works.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:58 pm Yeah I’m actually voting [VOTE: NIJUU] aubergine for real.
can you elaborate on the courage comparison?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Lunalee »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:55 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:48 pm @SlooneiBecause it's day one and she put a second vote on sig who is always mislynched, based on his liking posts, it being day one and she has to vote for someone, and a tell she maybe just found out might be a tell.

All of that sounds very sketchy to me.
I still don't care for the argument that "sig always gets mislynched." I also don't see why having "just found out about a tell" should exclude a person from voting for a suspect. We're always in the process of finding things out in games. That's how mafia works.

None of this to say Iike luna's vote. I'm just not sure I agree with the reasons you've stated.
Actually that isn't why I voted for her, that's how I reacted to her vote for sig. I voted for her because she called for discussion, then just played around with other people's suspicions.
That's not what happened. I added to it as well. Go back and read.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:48 pm @SlooneiBecause it's day one and she put a second vote on sig who is always mislynched, based on his liking posts, it being day one and she has to vote for someone, and a tell she maybe just found out might be a tell.

I still don't care for the argument that "sig always gets mislynched." I also don't see why having "just found out about a tell" should exclude a person from voting for a suspect. We're always in the process of finding things out in games. That's how mafia works.

None of this to say Iike luna's vote. I'm just not sure I agree with the reasons you've stated.
Actually that isn't why I voted for her, that's how I reacted to her vote for sig. I voted for her because she called for discussion, then just played around with other people's suspicions.
i never suggested this was why you voted for her. I'm just responding to the things you're saying here. I'm not sure I believe that you believe them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 186

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:00 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:58 pm Yeah I’m actually voting [VOTE: NIJUU] aubergine for real.
can you elaborate on the courage comparison?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Yes, I can.

She seems kind of reluctant to get involved too much and say too much — a lot of nijuu’s statements in that game were couched in a sort of “Well, this is what I do, so you shouldn’t be suspicious of it” and I think I saw the same sort of approach here.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:00 pm

What's your version of what happened?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Others who have played more with her, feel free to speak on nijuu.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 206
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:41 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:32 pm I'm going to go ahead and vote for Turnip but I'll still be here in case I want to change.
Why?
Because he has been to the thread early in the game to say thanks and did not come back to participate. I thought maybe he was just busy, wasn't a good day for him to be in the thread, etc. Then he came in and put a LIKE on speeds post that he was just eviscerated (speed just had surgery) which was just weird. So obviously he has time to be here but he didn't add anything at all to the conversation and he didn't vote. I think it's possible he's laying low on purpose.

wow lots of linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Here is the progression on the "emoji tell":
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:14 pm
sig wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:36 pm Nutella loves meat
I love meat as well, therefore I should receive that item. Or a wand that works to. :p
Emoji in the first post is the best tell in my "book of secret tells" btw.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:15 pm
sig wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:40 pm Are we 100% sure rule 13 is correct. I mean isnt it a Tuesday for Mac. Ergo are any of the rules real. Are we real? Is the game real. :ponder:
sig wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:41 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:59 pm Hello everyone.

I'm drinking at home tonight, unlike the rest of you who are no doubt out somewhere having fun.

I'm not sure who to vote for or what to vote for yet so I'll wait until some more of you show up to discuss. Happy New Year!
Are you mafia again. :p
Two more emojis in his early posts. This guy is clearly Mafia. He's trying to use emojis to soften the tone of his posts to avoid a severe response.
sig wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm
sig wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:40 pm Are we 100% sure rule 13 is correct. I mean isnt it a Tuesday for Mac. Ergo are any of the rules real. Are we real? Is the game real. :ponder:

I'm drinking at home tonight, unlike the rest of you who are no doubt out somewhere having fun.

I'm not sure who to vote for or what to vote for yet so I'll wait until some more of you show up to discuss. Happy New Year!
Two more emojis in his early posts. This guy is clearly Mafia. He's trying to use emojis to soften the tone of his posts to avoid a severe response.
I frequently use emojis it's NAI, something I'd think you'd know. :shrug:
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:29 pm Mac is just having fun making up some bullshit it's ok
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:35 pm It's rather impressive that nut picked up on that tbh.

So, thoroughly debunked. But I guess Luna decided to pick up on it as convenient padding for her sig vote reasoning, despite its having been thoroughly debunked. :shrug:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 69

Post by MacDougall »

What's the Lunalee case?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I will not stand by and let Turbup get snuffed again so soon.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:05 pm Here is the progression on the "emoji tell":
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:14 pm
sig wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:36 pm Nutella loves meat
I love meat as well, therefore I should receive that item. Or a wand that works to. :p
Emoji in the first post is the best tell in my "book of secret tells" btw.

sig wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:27 pm

I frequently use emojis it's NAI, something I'd think you'd know. :shrug:
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:29 pm Mac is just having fun making up some bullshit it's ok
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:35 pm It's rather impressive that nut picked up on that tbh.

So, thoroughly debunked. But I guess Luna decided to pick up on it as convenient padding for her sig vote reasoning, despite its having been thoroughly debunked. :shrug:
Oh I mean, I do think the emoji tell is a thing. That doesn't mean I wasn't playing around. Also it's certainly not something I'd expect anybody to hang their fucking hats on.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:04 pm

This here is what happened.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:04 pm

This here is what happened.
I know. I was there. What have you done this game that makes you a civilian?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don't think luna needs to be suspected for acknowledging the emoji tell. I do think luna needs to start producing clearer reads though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Letters from the front, Phase 1D, Forward Base Delta, Perimeter report for ComHQ #1

Perimeter Report 4 Jan 2019
JaggedJimmyJay

- Recommend alert status, troop Lunalee sighted pushing against Turnip Head because "others made her do it"
- Additional concerns contained in dossier to Lt. Col. Porter
- Approach with caution, may be armed and dangerous
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I object to the Lunalee wagon on account of it being initially created by Darth Sloonei
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] I suppose I've done nothing "civilian," hence the lynch. I don't know how to scum hunt on day one, and when I try it and no one agrees with me, I guess this happens.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 133

Post by S~V~S »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:01 pm

i never suggested this was why you voted for her. I'm just responding to the things you're saying here. I'm not sure I believe that you believe them.
I believe them. I thought that was one of the weakest reasons to vote for someone I have ever heard, a tell you maybe just heard about.

If you think I am being "inauthentic" or whatever you think you are wrong. I am being sincere here.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You can't hug puppies with guns people
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:10 pm I object to the Lunalee wagon on account of it being initially created by Darth Sloonei
Which reality did you pull this out of?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:08 pm I don't think luna needs to be suspected for acknowledging the emoji tell. I do think luna needs to start producing clearer reads though.
Well, I find it sketchy. Even if Mac does actually believe it is a thing, I think the way Luna grabbed it with just an "apparently this is a thing" justification to pad her otherwise pretty baseless sig vote was sketchy. Also, just now the way she answered your question with a link to the post that SVS was already criticizing, lol.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:10 pm I object to the Lunalee wagon on account of it being initially created by Darth Sloonei
Lol yeah what? It was more SVS and me
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:10 pm @Sloonei I suppose I've done nothing "civilian," hence the lynch. I don't know how to scum hunt on day one, and when I try it and no one agrees with me, I guess this happens.
Do a civilian thing now. Don’t worry about being right or wrong. Just tell us what you think about certain people so we can talk about that. Please and thanks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lunalee [paraphrased] - Tis day one of the annual Game of Champions. It is ponderous that there is such a futile effort being presented by such notable lumaniaries and yay verily I intend to mitigate that.

Darth Sloonei - A vie upon ye fiend!

Apathetic Rabble - [uninspired roar]
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:10 pm @Sloonei I suppose I've done nothing "civilian," hence the lynch. I don't know how to scum hunt on day one, and when I try it and no one agrees with me, I guess this happens.
If you tried to scumhunt, you can point to that trying as doing something civilian. But I am questioning the premise that you've tried.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:11 pm
Not sure what Mac read, but Sloonei here is the only one trying to engage with me in thread instead of throwing accusations at me.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:55 pm Day one is always so slow. Mac is voting Juliets because he thinks she's too worried about looking good, and Sloonei is voting TH because Turnip said "thanks" twice. Can we get some good finger pointing and discussions going?
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:00 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:55 pm Day one is always so slow. Mac is voting Juliets because he thinks she's too worried about looking good, and Sloonei is voting TH because Turnip said "thanks" twice. Can we get some good finger pointing and discussions going?
You’ve got 10 perfectly good fingers yourself. I assume. Sorry for being ableist.
This is where Sloonei sewed the seeds that spawned the tree that the apathetic rabble ate the fruits of. He would like you to think that he is not the catalyst, but this is indeed the catalyst and it is the very first response to her.

So a vie upon ye Darth Sloonei.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lunalee I am defending you maybe try not attacking me while I am trying to prevent your lynch eh?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Just saying this is a shit wagon made of shit. Let's lynch Jay instead. His schtick is lame.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:13 pm
Do a civilian thing now. Don’t worry about being right or wrong. Just tell us what you think about certain people so we can talk about that. Please and thanks.
I can post a GTH list in a sec.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:15 pm Lunalee I am defending you maybe try not attacking me while I am trying to prevent your lynch eh?
Thanks Mac, I just thought you mis-read what was going on.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Speedchuck = currently in hospital recovering from surgery = make a wish kid.
Also Speedchuck = voting for Jay.
Let's make this wish come true people.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:14 pm
You’ve got 10 perfectly good fingers yourself. I assume. Sorry for being ableist.
This is where Sloonei sewed the seeds that spawned the tree that the apathetic rabble ate the fruits of. He would like you to think that he is not the catalyst, but this is indeed the catalyst and it is the very first response to her.

That’s... not an accusation. That’s a call to action.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:15 pm Lunalee I am defending you maybe try not attacking me while I am trying to prevent your lynch eh?
....and just where did she attack you? point at the doll
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:14 pm

That’s... not an accusation. That’s a call to action.
Eh it's enough of a dispersion cast against her to have been the catalyst of the wagon don't strawman argue with me Darth Sloonei.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:19 pm
....and just where did she attack you? point at the doll
She attacked me on the penis peOPLE!
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

juliets wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:21 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:00 pm
Juliets reaction to all of this is intriguing me more than the original thing I saw with her. There is an undercurrent of "annoyed" in some of her responses. Not sure if that makes her look better to me or not. Her reaction to Ninja, especially.
To me, nijuu had an overreaction to one of my normal posts. I felt like she was looking for reasons to jump on me, especially with her comments about my "meh". If it bothered her so much why didn't she jump on nutella when she said it? I feel like she is just looking for a reason to vote me and though I haven't felt attacked by anyone else who voiced suspicion of me I felt attacked by her - it was all in the tone. So yes, I was annoyed.

I haven't been annoyed at any other time though so if you see something else where I seemed annoyed let me know.
Ahhh I didn't mean to upset you! For real. I came off as snarky, and I apologize for that. Your points in your response are valid. I've also been mostly skimming and reading stuff quickly as I remember I'm playing, so I didn't see nutella's "meh." I think I noticed yours in particular because I was specifically mentioned. We are our own favorite subjects, after all.

Now I'm going to be a hypocrite and say I don't know who I'll vote for. Just got back from seeing The Favourite which was awesome and friggin' disturbing in a good way, if that makes sense and I want to just...sit here and drink cocoa and watch something stupid. I might do as I usually do and vote for an absentee, if there is even one. GoC, after all.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I can see civilian lunalee being frustrated by the lack of a decent suspect (as was certainly the case at the time) and latching onto the “emoji tell” as something seemingly viable for an extra slow Day 1 vote. I could then see a civilian lunalee becoming disheartened when an avelanche of votes falls on her at the tail end of an extra slow Day 1, and to respond with frustration and disbelief.

But civilian lunalee should be able to help us find a better alternative.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have a thought.

What if Sloonei is actually Mafia pretending to be town?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 42

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:22 pm I have a thought.

really interesting theory

[VOTE: macdougall] aubergine
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I have had this thought.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Nope, that doesn't exist. Gahhh. Halp.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:25 pm

oh qworm?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Here's a GTH list since Sloonei asked so nicely. I do not put much stock into making these, and would rather have the next phase to make better decisions on who is bad.

ColinIsCool - town
colonialbob - town
DharmaHelper - scum
Elohcin - scum
Enrique - town
JaggedJimmyJay - scum
juliets - town
Long Con - town
M Plus 7 - scum
MacDougall - town
nijuukyugou - scum
novaselinenever - town
nutella - town
Quin - scum
S~V~S - town
sig - scum
Simon - town
Sloonei - town
speedchuck - town
sprityo - town
Turnip Head - town
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MP and TH are the closest we have to absentees. Mostly MP.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh wait and Simon. The fact I forgot about him is kinda telling I guess, but he was here a minute ago and also that is his MO.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:25 pm

Betrayal
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I know it's OMGUS but that was just Quin trying to lolkek his vote onto a nonwagon because he's bad right?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”