Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 289
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Street Fighter II Mafia [Round 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:26 pm @ MP: diiny is my first town read of the game. I like the way he started aggressovely flinging poo at the earlieat opportunity.
I'm heading out now. Sorry for only being briefly active, i'll do better later.
I can see that. Looking at Diiny's posts now they seem fine. I'm not sure why I couldn't recall his questions posed at Blooper and JOH. I'm willing to give him a pass for now as well (not town reading, but not considering voting for him, that is).
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

How the blazes are you rainbow listing Day 1?! :haha: Good to have you back

she says now before the page count jumps to 20
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:28 pm What is the "brazenness" you're saying LC had? Voting on Day 0? And speedchuck I assume you mean his Sloonei vote.
Let me take a look at his posts in isolation right now and get back to you. It's possible I'm building something out of LC's posts that isn't really there.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:30 pm How the blazes are you rainbow listing Day 1?! :haha: Good to have you back

she says now before the page count jumps to 20
It's not so much a rainbow list this early, really more so POE-style trying to figure out who I feel comfortable voting for and whom I don't. :p

But yeah, likewise. It's good to be playing with you all again, as well as with dunya for the first time and Diiny for the first time in ages. :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:12 pm Could be. I also thought it was weird, calling Dhalsim an alien.
I suppose "brazen" is not at all a good word to describe this, that's my bad for not communicating how I feel about it.

I do still feel like this is a risky post to make. It's like obviously fanning the flames because there was already momentum building on Sloonei regaridng this Dhalsim stuff. I guess what I'm trying to say is it seems too scummy to actually be scum.

All of that to say I guess I'm OK with LC going, but I'm not ready to vote for him over this. I'd feel safer about eliminating a non-entity at this point.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 50

Post by dunya »

Who is Blooper?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Same here MP!

All thanks to Jaybear for luring me back in ;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LC should come in here though and explain, because either way it's unclear how he feels about anyone in the game right now.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I'm gonna go write for a bit. I'm looking at people who don't stand out, toeing that line of participating and contributing. Too many Days 1 with voting the weirdo.

Linki - I am Blooper! :waves:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:35 pmWho is Blooper?
Ack, I'm sorry, I mean niju. She always has an avatar with a Blooper (octopus from Mario), so early on after she joined the site, a lot of us started calling her Blooper because her username isn't easy to type/abbreviate.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Hi Blooper!
I'll get the hang of nicknames soon enough 😃

Good luck town! It's 12.40am in Sweden and Monday morning emplloyment awaits.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya, maybe I'm a giant idiot and you're onto something with LC. Don't let me sway you or anyone else out of voting there if you all think that's best. I've been burned too many times on voting LC out early in games and it's clouded my judgment on the matter. I have trouble with feeling anything other than paralysis on Day 1 because of uncertainty, so while I guess I'm OK at generating content, I don't feel I'm very good at sorting through it. So just know that I'm listening to what you're saying, I think it makes sense, but I don't know. I feel wary of jumping on it.

And I always used to argue fervently against voting out no-shows/low-posters on Day 1 because I feel like Day 1 can actually be used to suss out mafia and otherwise voting out a no-show/low-poster can provide little information, nab a town player, AND give mafia members an easy excuse for their votes, but over time I've seen more and more games put into jeopardy by nonexistent town players late into the game, and as a community I feel like we don't do a good job of addressing this.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Who posted? - This is a list of all members who posted in this topic

MovingPictures07 -- 31
dunya -- 21
JaggedJimmyJay -- 10
Sloonei -- 10
Epignosis -- 6
nijuukyugou -- 6
Diiny -- 5
Jackofhearts2005 -- 5
Long Con -- 5
Simon -- 3
speedchuck -- 3
Elohcin -- 2
Spacedaisy -- 2
Dom -- 1
DrWilgy -- 1
malakim2099 -- 1

It seems as though we're missing Bass_the_Clever and DFaraday; they haven't posted at all. Everyone else is here.

I love playing with Bass, but he has a bad habit more than most of bailing on games after signing up, so he's most likely to be a no-show throughout the rest of the game. Not sure why DF isn't here; he usually is on the lower end of the post spectrum but almost never a non-entity completely.

Based on that I'm tempted to vote Bass out and rely on the coin flip odds of his role being bad, as awful of an excuse for baddie hunting as that is, but I'm throwing around other considerations.

I also would like to hear more from the bolded/dead red names. I may yet vote for one of them for dropping in to the game but not contributing.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Where is everyone? T minus 3 hours until deadline. I hope we hear from anyone who has 5 posts or less (again) before EoD. I should have popped in here earlier myself; I feel partially responsible for the lack of discussion.

I'll be in and out for the next couple of hours, then around for sure the hour or so before EoD.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[mention]Bass_the_Clever[/mention]
[mention]DFaraday[/mention]

Get in here!
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Diiny »

this is low effort MP. lol
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Spoiler: show
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

MP, You're being pretty wavy and uncertain and careful with your posts re my alignment on day one which is THE shitflinging hour.

Why so cautious? Don't want to put yourself out there?
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I like dunya so far. from reading jjj's old rym mafia essays I hear she's some kind of mafia god though so I'm very wary.

town read so far though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:01 pm this is low effort MP. lol
Can't tell if serious.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:06 pm MP, You're being pretty wavy and uncertain and careful with your posts re my alignment on day one which is THE shitflinging hour.

Why so cautious? Don't want to put yourself out there?
You think I'm not putting myself out there? I'm posting my thoughts honestly as they come regarding any player.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm cautious because this is me. If I were to display any amount of confidence on Day 1 I'd be full on in MP hurricane mode based on very little and that typically doesn't end as well for town as I'd like it to, to put it lightly. I find that town benefits much better from me being cautious than careless.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:07 pm I like dunya so far. from reading jjj's old rym mafia essays I hear she's some kind of mafia god though so I'm very wary.

town read so far though.
I agree.

How do you feel about Jay? I don't have a feel for him yet.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Simon wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:43 pm
Simon wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:40 pm Hi everyone. I'm here.

My idea is that some people voted for their role instead of their favorite character. :ponder:
Hey Simon!

Why do you think some people might have done that?
For example, mom doesn't know anything about Street Fighter. So why would she pick Cammy? When we were in the car talking about Halloween costumes, she said she didn't like the way Cammy was dressed because you can't wear that outfit during Halloween because it's cold. So that doesn't make any sense. :shrug:

So that proves she is Cammy or a mafia bad guy who just picked somebody at random.
What's from stopping a townie who isn't a sf fan picking a character at random?

I don't like that your entire contribution this round feels like padding. where's the investigative drive?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:18 pm
Simon wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:43 pm
Simon wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:40 pm Hi everyone. I'm here.

My idea is that some people voted for their role instead of their favorite character. :ponder:
Hey Simon!

Why do you think some people might have done that?
For example, mom doesn't know anything about Street Fighter. So why would she pick Cammy? When we were in the car talking about Halloween costumes, she said she didn't like the way Cammy was dressed because you can't wear that outfit during Halloween because it's cold. So that doesn't make any sense. :shrug:

So that proves she is Cammy or a mafia bad guy who just picked somebody at random.
What's from stopping a townie who isn't a sf fan picking a character at random?

I don't like that your entire contribution this round feels like padding. where's the investigative drive?
I'd assert that this is a solid contribution given my experience with Simon's meta. That said, I'd like him to answer you anyway and see what else he's thinking.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FWIW, I'm feeling better about you now, Diiny. Consider yourself a town read.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:12 pm
Can't tell if serious.
joke re you saying you'll not be playing at your full intensity and then shooting your post count into the stars

linki- if this is in-character for simon's town game i'll take that on board, but yeah still waiting on that answer
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:21 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:12 pm
Can't tell if serious.
joke re you saying you'll not be playing at your full intensity and then shooting your post count into the stars

linki- if this is in-character for simon's town game i'll take that on board, but yeah still waiting on that answer
Oh, okay, that makes sense. :p

Well, my work schedule is cleared for the evening, and this game was in need of conversation, so yeah. I wouldn't get used to me being this active every phase, but I'll try my best.

I'm not sure I'd say it's in character. Simon just tends to be a lower poster and I personally found his logic to be believable. If he were mafia he'd be probably more apt to lurk or say something of even less angling, if that makes sense, but that's just my take.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:16 pm
Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:07 pm I like dunya so far. from reading jjj's old rym mafia essays I hear she's some kind of mafia god though so I'm very wary.

town read so far though.
I agree.

from what I know of jay (and my memory is all i have to work with now that OT got nuked) he's not the kind of scumster that'd try and just sneak past with a low post count. he's neutral for now, and though part of me wants to call his day 1 shitflinging weak in contrast to my memories, he's limited on time so I'll keep him neutral.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:25 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:16 pm

town read so far though.
I agree.

from what I know of jay (and my memory is all i have to work with now that OT got nuked) he's not the kind of scumster that'd try and just sneak past with a low post count. he's neutral for now, and though part of me wants to call his day 1 shitflinging weak in contrast to my memories, he's limited on time so I'll keep him neutral.
I agree with that assessment.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

What are you thinking of doing with your vote, Diiny? Can you elaborate on your thoughts re: JOH or anyone else you haven't already mentioned that you may be considering for your vote?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:15 pm I'm cautious because this is me. If I were to display any amount of confidence on Day 1 I'd be full on in MP hurricane mode based on very little and that typically doesn't end as well for town as I'd like it to, to put it lightly. I find that town benefits much better from me being cautious than careless.
I remember you being a tad more brazen than this in our games on OT. I like that you've stuck your neck out for some people, but tbh conversely that ties in with my fear of you treading very lightly.

If you had to choose right now, who's scum? Is your vote staying on squid? show me some fire without any actual consequences.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:24 pm I'm not sure I'd say it's in character. Simon just tends to be a lower poster and I personally found his logic to be believable. If he were mafia he'd be probably more apt to lurk or say something of even less angling, if that makes sense, but that's just my take.
Have you played with scum simon before?

I'm just not sure how what simon said helps town or helps catch scum. If anything, identifying roles/characters only hinders town at this point. Even if his logic is believable, (Which I don't disagree with) it's not logic reltaed to helping town, it's logic connected to a neutral aspect of the game's mechanics. And it'd be ok within a lush, dank post history teeming with scumcatching, but as it is it's all he's posted so I'm concerned. And if it were in character I wouldn't be, but now you're telling me it's not; low posting is one thing but this is another.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:15 pm I'm cautious because this is me. If I were to display any amount of confidence on Day 1 I'd be full on in MP hurricane mode based on very little and that typically doesn't end as well for town as I'd like it to, to put it lightly. I find that town benefits much better from me being cautious than careless.
I remember you being a tad more brazen than this in our games on OT. I like that you've stuck your neck out for some people, but tbh conversely that ties in with my fear of you treading very lightly.

If you had to choose right now, who's scum? Is your vote staying on squid? show me some fire without any actual consequences.
Probably. I'm sure I'll get brazen at some point here too like I almost always do, but my record at actually catching scum when I put my foot full on the brakes is almost certainly laughably bad. Especially early on in games the past couple of years, I try to be as measured as possible, but I'll still poke something if I feel there's something worth poking. As the game progresses I'll probably be more likely to pursue something doggedly. It depends inevitably on what happens though. If I really thought there was something super suspicious in the thread right now I'd be all over it, I think anyway. As it stands, unfortunately I think this game is a more typical Day 1 -- there's a bunch of weaksauce cases to be made that may or may not be totally legit, and I'm not in love with any of them -- specifically, the thoughts people have said re: any of the players with votes right now (Sloonei, JOH, LC, and speedchuck). With that said, however, I'm most potentially swayed by dunya's observation of LC. Just not ready to pull the trigger on it. Not convinced in the slightest by any of the others.

If I had to choose right now... ugh. I'm terrible at scum reads early in the game and these days much prefer to play POE for the first phase or two because I think it plays to my strengths. That said, I suppose I'd pick two or three of Bass, DFaraday, Dom, DrWilgy, Elohcin, and malakim to be bad (and which I choose would be basically luck at this point because none of them have literally anything substantial to judge), and then one of the players with votes right now that have some heat (JOH, Sloonei, LC, speedchuck -- GTH I'd pick LC), and then one of the more talkative bunch so far (you, Jay, dunya, Sloonei again, Blooper -- GTH I'd pick Jay). So LC, Jay, and two lurkers basically. I think.

As for what I'd do with my vote, it's very likely moving away from Blooper. I don't feel anything bad about her right now; it was basically RVS. I'd most likely vote for Bass. Not sure yet. It'd be nice if more folks popped in here soon so I can sort through how everyone else is feeling.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:36 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:24 pm I'm not sure I'd say it's in character. Simon just tends to be a lower poster and I personally found his logic to be believable. If he were mafia he'd be probably more apt to lurk or say something of even less angling, if that makes sense, but that's just my take.
Have you played with scum simon before?

I'm just not sure how what simon said helps town or helps catch scum. If anything, identifying roles/characters only hinders town at this point. Even if his logic is believable, (Which I don't disagree with) it's not logic reltaed to helping town, it's logic connected to a neutral aspect of the game's mechanics. And it'd be ok within a lush, dank post history teeming with scumcatching, but as it is it's all he's posted so I'm concerned. And if it were in character I wouldn't be, but now you're telling me it's not; low posting is one thing but this is another.
You know, I'm not sure that I have. I'd have to do a bit of research there, but off the top of my head I think I've only personally played with a town Simon.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, it's totally a reasonable post that I think Simon would make based the content and frequency of what he usually posts. That said, I can't assert that his posturing is in character; I'm not sure if it's normal for Simon to speculate on a mechanic-based observation like that. I do think that is shows he is genuinely trying to solve the game in his own young kid way though, and that's good enough for me to not want to vote for him right now anyway.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I might as well move my vote to Bass now.

VOTE BASS_THE_CLEVER

Ideally, I'd prefer to vote for a suspect, but this is a backup plan and the only vote I feel comfortable with at this moment. Wanting to know where everyone else is at.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:29 pm What are you thinking of doing with your vote, Diiny? Can you elaborate on your thoughts re: JOH or anyone else you haven't already mentioned that you may be considering for your vote?
Depends if sloonei can convince me to save him by voting LC or something.

I'll spill my thoughts on the LC case after we've heard from sloon.

linki- I WANTED A NAME AND YOU GAVE ME AN ESSAY, MP

will check out the bass cass. base case? base cass.

linki linki- didn't realise simon was a youngster.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

oh, you're voting for a lurker.

defending players that have actually talked, being very very tentative with your scum reads AND voting for a lurker. I'm uncomfortable.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:48 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:29 pm What are you thinking of doing with your vote, Diiny? Can you elaborate on your thoughts re: JOH or anyone else you haven't already mentioned that you may be considering for your vote?
Depends if sloonei can convince me to save him by voting LC or something.

I'll spill my thoughts on the LC case after we've heard from sloon.

linki- I WANTED A NAME AND YOU GAVE ME AN ESSAY, MP

will check out the bass cass. base case? base cass.

linki linki- didn't realise simon was a youngster.
Unfortunately I think Sloonei might be gone for the night? I'd have to double check his posts to confirm, but I thought he said he'd be leaving.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell. Sorry. I take too long to make any decent point if I'm lucky. :p

The case on Bass isn't really anything other than he's the most likely no-show lurker to permeate into the later stage of the game. You can find my musings here. It sucks, but I don't want him sticking around to LYLO if he's going to not play, and unfortunately that might happen.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:51 pm oh, you're voting for a lurker.

defending players that have actually talked, being very very tentative with your scum reads AND voting for a lurker. I'm uncomfortable.
Those are all hallmarks of my playstyle, especially this early. Not sure what else to tell you other than to try to get a feel for whether you think all of those are outcomes of me coming from a genuine place or not.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I do question my "defending players that have actually talked" just being all lumped together though. I think I've made clear my thoughts on each individual not being worthy of a strongly-backed vote at this time, but by all means if you have something to inquire or grill me about, let me know.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I thought his avi said he was online.

I'll keep my thoughts on sloonei to myself for a tad longer for REASONS, but i'll spill the beans before the day ends.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:57 pm I thought his avi said he was online.

I'll keep my thoughts on sloonei to myself for a tad longer for REASONS, but i'll spill the beans before the day ends.
Consider me confused and intrigued.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

ACtually, how long's left?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, well, if I absolutely had to vote for a non-lurker or someone would blow my brains out, it'd actually be for Jay. I think dunya's thoughts on LC make the most sense of any of the stuff floating around but my gut doesn't feel that way. And I don't actively suspect Jay; I just don't see eye to eye with him about Sloonei at all and am naturally wary / feel something is a bit off based on what he did contribute so far, but I need to interact with him in real time to get more of a feel for him. I don't have any real beefs either. I just am perhaps overly cautious of him in particular and I always expect to mindmeld with him -- which means I tend to keep an eye on him more than other players, perhaps unfairly.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:58 pm ACtually, how long's left?
2 hours.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:42 pm Long Con, could you expand on your feeling that Sloonei's "alien" comment was weird? WHY?
I thought it was weird to call Dhalsim an alien when he's just a man from India. If I were Dhalsim, I would be offended.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:13 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:11 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:07 pm That said, I hesitate to scumread LC. I see your point, dunya, but I'm just not sure it means we're seeing scum!LC here.
That's fine. Neither am I sure but day 1 vote has to go to someone and I'm not jumping on no easy bandwagon
Well, this is anecdotal and meta-based, but having played with LC for years, I always get a bit hesitant when he gets eyed early on in games, because it seems like 9 times out of 10 when LC gets lynched or eyeballed early it's because he's town. He plays more fast and loose as town, way more calculated as mafia I'd say, so he gets himself into more trouble when town.
I find it interesting when people try to mets-read me. I don't think it's useful. Probably just my ego.

I wasn't "egging on a suspicion". I didn't think it was a suspicion. I just agreed with the sentiment. If anyone looks alien, it's Blanka. he's a green monster with flaming orange hair.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:18 pmI think I agree, but I simultaneously also hesitate to scum-read speedchuck or LC for doing something so brazen. Again this is anecdotal, but in my mind more often than not, most people who play scum roles try everything possible to get the spotlight off of them on Day 1, not put it on them. And what speedchuck and LC did was risky if they're scum.
That's ridiculous. I didn't do anything risky by agreeing that it's weird to call Dhalsim an alien.

You are bad in this game, MP. I can smell it on you. You're trying too hard on this.

*vote MovingPictures07*
dunya wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:18 pmI think I agree, but I simultaneously also hesitate to scum-read speedchuck or LC for doing something so brazen. Again this is anecdotal, but in my mind more often than not, most people who play scum roles try everything possible to get the spotlight off of them on Day 1, not put it on them. And what speedchuck and LC did was risky if they're scum.
Id say what JackofHearts did was risky--but light hearted for the reasons sloonei illustrated-- and even speedchuck is also safe imo. LC just kind of swept in there with a mildly supported agreement which could sway either way. He didn't put his foot down with full force the way speedchuck did, which is why I felt more uncomfortable by him.

I hope LC can come in and defend his post.
Have I done so yet? Let me know if you require more.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:01 pmI find it interesting when people try to mets-read me.
*meta-read
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:01 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:13 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:11 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:07 pm That said, I hesitate to scumread LC. I see your point, dunya, but I'm just not sure it means we're seeing scum!LC here.
That's fine. Neither am I sure but day 1 vote has to go to someone and I'm not jumping on no easy bandwagon
Well, this is anecdotal and meta-based, but having played with LC for years, I always get a bit hesitant when he gets eyed early on in games, because it seems like 9 times out of 10 when LC gets lynched or eyeballed early it's because he's town. He plays more fast and loose as town, way more calculated as mafia I'd say, so he gets himself into more trouble when town.
I find it interesting when people try to mets-read me. I don't think it's useful. Probably just my ego.

I wasn't "egging on a suspicion". I didn't think it was a suspicion. I just agreed with the sentiment. If anyone looks alien, it's Blanka. he's a green monster with flaming orange hair.
That's ridiculous. I didn't do anything risky by agreeing that it's weird to call Dhalsim an alien.

You are bad in this game, MP. I can smell it on you. You're trying too hard on this.

*vote MovingPictures07*
How did you not do anything risky? You pretty much fanned the flames of suspicion on Sloonei in a scummy seeming way because you didn't commit to saying Sloonei was scum or voting for him, but you nonetheless made a point to post it was "weird". Looks risky to me.

Trying too hard on what?

I'm sorry, but accusing me of "trying too hard" is par for the course. It's bullshit if you actually think me putting forth effort to discern people's alignments makes me bad; you of all people should know better that I always do that.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LC, dunya isn't coming back before EoD.
Long Con
So Divine