The Avengers [ENDGAME]

Play the current standard game here!
- Any number of players
- Any number of non-vanilla roles
- Any cycle lengths (subject to staff review)

Moderators: Job Host, Game Facilitators

Rocket Science, my dear Watson.

Poll ended at Mon May 13, 2024 6:00 pm

Abigail Sophia
50%
Lime Coke
No votes
LoRab
No votes
Michelle
No votes
Simon
No votes
Syn
No votes
Moriarty (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 12
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 188
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: The Avengers [Day 3]

Post by Long Con »

Simon wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:17 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:08 pm
Simon wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:56 pm Brad isn't exactly off the hook either, and there are a couple of reasons as to why.

The first reason lies within his behavior throughout the duration from day 2 to now. I've noticed that ever since the large debate between Brad and the recently resurrected leetic, Brad has had quite the temper since then. He may have also felt psychologically corned seeing as leetic was getting more people who trusted him. Ok some people trusted him and that includes myself, but others didn't. Brad on the other hand, only had a small amount of people who trusted him. (I even recall someone saying that said debate did nothing to move the game along after I said it was riveting, even though it started as the first piece of the puzzle that would lead up to how I was able to deduce this. But I'm getting off topic. Anyway, I suspect Brad is trying to use this temper in such a way to make others believe that he is being sincere. It's possible that he isn't holding much of any grudges anymore, but even so, this has not been overlooked.

The second reason is that he's been awfully quiet when it comes to accusations, especially when someone asks him a question or two. While it isn't illegal to dodge questions, I do believe it will make that person more suspicious the more it happens. I have read some replies of his that look like they were suggesting that he was shooting down different kinds of speculations from others. In other words, I haven't really seen him agree with anyone lately. And keep in mind, he hasn't really given much info lately either, so there is a bit of hypocrisy in this, but of course, I could be misremembering things, so please correct me if I am wrong about anything.
The first reason, you are describing a known, and not-well-regarded, tactic. Appeal To Emotion. Shortened to AtE.

What you described does happen. I don't think that this is a case of that. I think Lime Coke's frustration was genuine and that he's probably town.
First of all, I didn't know that was an actual thing so thanks for telling me that.

Second of all, I can understand if he was still recovering from all of that. It just seemed like something I had to talk about.
It's legit. You could be right.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

motobot wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:16 pm TBH I'm still slightly confused myself about leetic being back. :shrug:
It is quite unusual.
motobot wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:21 pm I may have missed it but has Abigail Sophia posted once in this day phase?
I don't recall a post from her.
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Simon »

Also, if there is anything else that does not make sense to me, it would be something related to how moto has been playing recently.

I have heard a good bit about moto being a skilled player, especially with his performance in don't starve Mafia, which I thought was rather impressive. But what doesn't make sense is that not only has he not been very active, he also has not said much within the times he has been active.

This leads me to believe that he is holding back for some reason.

@motobot ,
What is the reason for your inactivity? And how come you aren't trying as much as you do in past games
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Simon wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:05 pm
leetic wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:32 pm
Simon wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:35 pm
Syn wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:48 pm
Simon wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:52 pm
Simon wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:43 pm

But why the accusation against Moto?
Who do you think would be a better option?
Flipping the question to my opinion doesn't make any sense seeing as I asked the person who made the original statement for their opinion. That being said, I already implied this, but if anything, Abigail is the most questionable person who's stay away attitude really doesn't help her case at all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't accuse people for inactivity, not to mention, that really isn't the problem. The problem is the fact that Abigail hasn't done much of anything at all. She even said it herself that she doesn't actually pay attention to debates or speculation, to the point where she never has anything to say.

If she is indeed gathering info and having her own opinions and reads then good for her. But she is also being very quiet with her own thoughts and never actually shares them.

Trust me,she's even like this irl, so this is a very good reason as to why I shouldn't trust her. And besides, if she was town, she probably wouldn't be trying to hide as much as she is.

I have the same opinion on moto, it's not like he's done much of anything either. But unlike Abigail, he never actually stated that he was trying to stay away from anything supposedly chaotic.
if abigail is quiet and avoids conflict IRL, why is it suspicious if she also does that here? or did I misread this?
Believe it or not, that's just how predictable she is. And think about it, It's easy to read someone if you lived with them for over a decade. Even so, I still think she would be putting at least some effort if she was town.
Do you think her behavior is noticeably different from Kagemusha?
She hasn't mentioned anything about her stay away play style back then, so I didn't know weather she was just being inactive or if she was actually trying to figure anything out.

Actually, does anyone remember if she was town that game? Because if so, then historically speaking, that would make me wrong about her potentially having different actions depending on alignment.
She was indeed town, albeit a PR. Granted, it's pretty much guaranteed that everybody is a PR here
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

motobot wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:21 pm I may have missed it but has Abigail Sophia posted once in this day phase?
Her last post was indeed just before EoD2.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Epignosis »

This is on me for not asking, but for future reference, please direct all questions to me privately. Thanks!
Roxy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:22 am @Epignosis what are your host intentions inre: Dunya?
Will you MK?
Will you replace?
Have you even heard from or spoken to them?
I do not Mod Kill for attendance.

I also don't discuss potential replacements.

That's all I have to say about that.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ok let's do it
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

motobot wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:48 pm [VOTE: Porscha] aubergine
guh
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

leetic wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:35 pm Someone remind me, has Syn done really anything to move the game forward?
yeah I feel so
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I thikn moto is town though
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

now willing to suspect AS
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

brad better be town and like yeah it's for the reasons that we all know it is and actually I'd love it if he were a wolf and therefore I thikn we should chop him to prove that he can do it
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

bruh just ordered a kitchen brush from amazon cause walmart didn't have the kind I wanted and it'll be delivered tomorrow, which is practically later today. usa is crazy
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

We are Priming up here in Canada too... it's freaky.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 143

Post by Syn »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:42 am @Syn I'd like your current thoughts on Long Con, Sig, & Michelle please
LC is cool

I looked at my pings from sig when I voted him and was disappointed by a lackluster deflection. tbf I didn't put much into it but still

I have almost no memory of Michelle's posts when she is normally pretty antagonistic, so I could launch that slot into the sun
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

oh cool I might be able to read and catch up if it's really only been two pages since I was last here

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Roxy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:13 am
Lime Coke wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:03 am Hello Roxy we haven't exactly spoken yet this game.

That's really it I was thinking of a question but can't think of one that isn't massively generic or would help either of us in the game.
I have quoted you and you have responded....did you want to hold hands and sing Let It Be then skip into the woods? jk But sounds fun, right/
lol this is funny

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

i was curious about the poll but after seeing this long string of weird porscha posts i kind of get it

back to reading

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

motobot wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:49 pm My reasoning for this is I don't trust Abigail, and she was hesitant to vote Porscha. Therefore I believe Porscha and Abigail could be working together
okay maybe I don't get it if this is what started the wagon

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:26 pm Yeah, I'm sorry, but Porscha's ISO is unimpressive. Two-thirds of her posts are fluff, insisting Wilgy might not have been killed by Wolves, and chattin' it up with Brad.

There's a handful of reads, none with in-depth reasons, or reasons at all.

Maybe a quarter of her posts could be labelled "light engagement", but I was being generous to even get that number.

LC, man, there's nothing there. You went apeshit on leetic for not giving reads and "having a worldview". Do you not feel the cognitive dissonance when you decide Porscha's Town? She has next to nothing.

[VOTE: porscha] aubergine
ok nevermind i'm back to getting it

next to nothing is probably not that incriminating in this game though

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Simon wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:35 pm
Syn wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:48 pm
Simon wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:52 pm
Simon wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:43 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:27 pm [VOTE: Motobot] aubergine

Here until I see anything else worth voting.

Otherwise I'm not doing much this day phase. I got my townreads list up so any questions go ahead and ping.
But why the accusation against Moto?
Who do you think would be a better option?
Flipping the question to my opinion doesn't make any sense seeing as I asked the person who made the original statement for their opinion. That being said, I already implied this, but if anything, Abigail is the most questionable person who's stay away attitude really doesn't help her case at all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't accuse people for inactivity, not to mention, that really isn't the problem. The problem is the fact that Abigail hasn't done much of anything at all. She even said it herself that she doesn't actually pay attention to debates or speculation, to the point where she never has anything to say.

If she is indeed gathering info and having her own opinions and reads then good for her. But she is also being very quiet with her own thoughts and never actually shares them.

Trust me,she's even like this irl, so this is a very good reason as to why I shouldn't trust her. And besides, if she was town, she probably wouldn't be trying to hide as much as she is.

I have the same opinion on moto, it's not like he's done much of anything either. But unlike Abigail, he never actually stated that he was trying to stay away from anything supposedly chaotic.
if abigail is quiet and avoids conflict IRL, why is it suspicious if she also does that here? or did I misread this?
Believe it or not, that's just how predictable she is. And think about it, It's easy to read someone if you lived with them for over a decade. Even so, I still think she would be putting at least some effort if she was town.
does abigail have a (reliable) meta of only posting a lot if she's town? i don't get the argument here, and it's weird that both you and moto are doing it at the same time

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

leetic wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:35 pm Someone remind me, has Syn done really anything to move the game forward?
i would be shocked if i was capable of doing that with the maybe 30 minutes i've spent here over the past few days

yes i realize your post was just intended to be a snide remark

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

LoRab wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:04 pm Also, in Rereading:
Syn wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:51 pm for example, i now strongly believe leetic is town
Huh?! The “believe” here confuses me.
it's a heehee funny because leetic is confirmed town after i sussed him in the early game

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Simon wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:40 pm Also, if there is anything else that does not make sense to me, it would be something related to how moto has been playing recently.

I have heard a good bit about moto being a skilled player, especially with his performance in don't starve Mafia, which I thought was rather impressive. But what doesn't make sense is that not only has he not been very active, he also has not said much within the times he has been active.

@motobot ,
What is the reason for your inactivity? And how come you aren't trying as much as you do in past games
please someone sanity-check me. why does every post from simon sound so fake. how is no one else seeing this

besides, if you want to sus moto, you just have to point to how his gameplay is just copying someone's case. especially since it's your case he's copying

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

*jazz hands* back to work bye

ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Syn wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:08 am
Simon wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:40 pm Also, if there is anything else that does not make sense to me, it would be something related to how moto has been playing recently.

@motobot ,
please someone sanity-check me. why does every post from simon sound so fake. how is no one else seeing this

besides, if you want to sus moto, you just have to point to how his gameplay is just copying someone's case. especially since it's your case he's copying
cause he is a CHILD
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

no alcohol, thrown up three times. The opposite of fun.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Should not be legal. If I throw up three times I want something fun first. All I had were like 8 gummy bears
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Porscha »

motobot wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:53 pm I just realized my last post might not make sense after re-reading it. So to go into further detail Abigail was hesitant to vote Porscha, but she did anyway. I believe Abigail found out that even if she voted Porscha the vote would still lose.
uh I dont get it but I also dont really know how to interact with children so i'ma just say I dont get it and leave it at that lol
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:11 am brad better be town and like yeah it's for the reasons that we all know it is and actually I'd love it if he were a wolf and therefore I thikn we should chop him to prove that he can do it
relatable
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:02 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:55 pm Don't really agree with voting out Porscha.
Yes, but your reasons are largely personal. I thought her ISO was practically devoid of content and engagement. I'll have another look now.
its really not devoid of content, I don't think that's a fair assessment
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

like especially if you compare to me half the player list lol...
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

what was it? if I get voted you will see my flip?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

well I guess things would make more sense if that happened at least. SURE WOULD BE A SHAME TO BE TARGETED FOR A NIGHT KILL
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

@long con why me over michelle, for example
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

ah right
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:32 am @long con why me over michelle, for example
@Long Con
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:20 am
motobot wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:53 pm I just realized my last post might not make sense after re-reading it. So to go into further detail Abigail was hesitant to vote Porscha, but she did anyway. I believe Abigail found out that even if she voted Porscha the vote would still lose.
uh I dont get it but I also dont really know how to interact with children so i'ma just say I dont get it and leave it at that lol
I like, *want* to be able to interact with the chillens so i'm gonna attempt this

@motobot

wat

I *think* I know what you are implying, but it relies entirely on the premise that you randomly surmised exists by virtue of saying it lol.

1) why do you think abigail had special voting information?
2) why does that ability inherently make her a wolf?
3) and then why does she choose to do what I think you are implying she does?
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 209
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

@Porscha

Soooo yeah obviously you're seeing yourself being voted and there's a chance you go down.

I would love to save you, but I burned my "rally the troops" time yesterday. If I wanted to try to force things again I would need a strong scumread and for it to hit or else I just look like an even bigger jackass.

I'd again be glad to try to follow you and help you get someone voted out that you scumread. Idk if you really have one but even if it's a slight scumread it's more than what I've got.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 209
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Plus I might not have as much time as normal because I got family stuff tomorrow but I'll be able to check in.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:10 pm @Roxy

Great wake up music! Thanks friend!

LoRab wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:18 pm
Roxy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:13 am
Lime Coke wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:03 am Hello Roxy we haven't exactly spoken yet this game.

That's really it I was thinking of a question but can't think of one that isn't massively generic or would help either of us in the game.
I have quoted you and you have responded....did you want to hold hands and sing Let It Be then skip into the woods? jk But sounds fun, right/
This is the most Roxy-est post that ever Roxy-ed
Long Con wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:20 pm LOL sig has so few posts!!

Everyone point and laugh! LAUGH at the low-poster!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Then check his posts out. Won't even take long! :hed: :hed: I think he's Town.
Not that I have noticed. Maybe they are busy??
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

You interact like you are playing a game of mafia just try not to use "colorful" language.

This is a silly reason to not give your feelings on being suspected.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:29 am what was it? if I get voted you will see my flip?
Uh yes?
Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:30 am well I guess things would make more sense if that happened at least. SURE WOULD BE A SHAME TO BE TARGETED FOR A NIGHT KILL
Wat?
Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:32 am @long con why me over michelle, for example
I get this bc I feel the same way about the both of you more so Michelle tbh but you are right there beside her.
Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:32 amah right
wat?

Also thanks for trying with the kids :workit:
;)
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Why not Michelle is kinda tempting
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:32 am
@Long Con
Convince me.
motobot
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 28
Aka: Moto

Post by motobot »

Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:43 am
I like, *want* to be able to interact with the chillens so i'm gonna attempt this

@motobot

wat

I *think* I know what you are implying, but it relies entirely on the premise that you randomly surmised exists by virtue of saying it lol.

1) why do you think abigail had special voting information?
2) why does that ability inherently make her a wolf?
3) and then why does she choose to do what I think you are implying she does?
Because if you read enough you could figure out that leetic had more votes than you.
Abigail was unwilling to vote you but still did. Why vote someone if you don't believe they are wolf. And by voting you if you flipped wolf in the future she would look less suspicious.
Now I believe I answered all of your questions but I could've misunderstood one.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Simon wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:56 pm Brad isn't exactly off the hook either, and there are a couple of reasons as to why.

The first reason lies within his behavior throughout the duration from day 2 to now. I've noticed that ever since the large debate between Brad and the recently resurrected leetic, Brad has had quite the temper since then. He may have also felt psychologically corned seeing as leetic was getting more people who trusted him. Ok some people trusted him and that includes myself, but others didn't. Brad on the other hand, only had a small amount of people who trusted him. (I even recall someone saying that said debate did nothing to move the game along after I said it was riveting, even though it started as the first piece of the puzzle that would lead up to how I was able to deduce this. But I'm getting off topic. Anyway, I suspect Brad is trying to use this temper in such a way to make others believe that he is being sincere. It's possible that he isn't holding much of any grudges anymore, but even so, this has not been overlooked.

The second reason is that he's been awfully quiet when it comes to accusations, especially when someone asks him a question or two. While it isn't illegal to dodge questions, I do believe it will make that person more suspicious the more it happens. I have read some replies of his that look like they were suggesting that he was shooting down different kinds of speculations from others. In other words, I haven't really seen him agree with anyone lately. And keep in mind, he hasn't really given much info lately either, so there is a bit of hypocrisy in this, but of course, I could be misremembering things, so please correct me if I am wrong about anything.
Blue text: what exactly makes you thinl he is faking it?
About the second part, it is better to show with posts such things because I didn't notice.
I think we always play with children, but we don't know it most of the time and I think we should have a normal/usual interaction.
Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:26 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:11 am brad better be town and like yeah it's for the reasons that we all know it is and actually I'd love it if he were a wolf and therefore I thikn we should chop him to prove that he can do it
relatable
No, we don't chop Brad to show that.
Porscha wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:29 am what was it? if I get voted you will see my flip?
Like we saw Leetic's flip, right?
What's your read on me, Porscha?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am Why not Michelle is kinda tempting
Why?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

What everyone thinks about Falcon?

Today's posts are not solving and I should read his all Iso who is not long, but also I want other opinions.

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’m super sick, probably not gonna be around most of day

Return to “The Job”