62%

Total votes: 13
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Fallout New Vegas: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [DAY 1]

Post by Long Con »

Yeah, I agree with Abby, both these wagons suck. I don't want to vote for Mac either.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Scotty wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:29 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:35 pm While I am voting Mac, I really don't like how the wagons today have become me/Mac.

Very bad D1 wagons, lemme tell you.

Can we do Lime instead? I'd also consider Scotty, or maybe even Epi.
You’d consider me, eh? Haven’t seen that.

Here’s the thing Seanzie.

I haven’t seen any mention prior of you suspecting me, and the times you were in realtime with me and Lime Coke, you weren’t talking to me. Matter of fact, I find it odd in retrospect that you spent your first few posts just playing I spy with the letters BRAD without actually voting there. It almost feels like you are trying to retroactively making a name stick now that you’re lead wagon
This is like…not my favorite.

Granted, I haven’t read what Seanzie actually did but essentially arguing that because Seanzie’s early day had little content (hilariously, causing him to gain townreads from Scotty and myself and iirc Abi) that any further push he makes now, after he’s gathered votes (still don’t know why) is ergo a retcon and ergo comes from dishonest mafia?

Wtf is that argument? That’s well accidentally well poisoning at best and total nonsense at worst.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:17 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:35 pm While I am voting Mac, I really don't like how the wagons today have become me/Mac.

I haven’t seen any mention prior of you suspecting me, and the times you were in realtime with me and Lime Coke, you weren’t talking to me. Matter of fact, I find it odd in retrospect that you spent your first few posts just playing I spy with the letters BRAD without actually voting there. It almost feels like you are trying to retroactively making a name stick now that you’re lead wagon
I thought it was pretty clear when I called you out for townreading me based on me said "Brad" in creative ways that I was wary of you, but okay.

Also... I did vote Brad.

It "almost" feels like you're trying to retroactively push me to keep me a wagon.
Seanzie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:04 am :shrug: [VOTE: Lime] aubergine Sorry, easy.
you did, I apologize and totally missed that.

I dunno about my conf bias anymore.

[VOTE: sig] aubergine

Also I wonder what happens when someone breaks post cap. Probably nothing good

Jack’s catchup here is uninspiring. Sig > mac still. Seanzie can get a pass from me
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Literally the number of people who have voted me for ??? reasons is bad.

Almost assuredly I go down here, so y'all should PROBABLY pressure each other to actually explain why you're voting for me. Regardless of what you think of my alignment, it would behoove town to ACTUALLY have something to read into on my wagon tomorrow.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:21 pm

This is like…not my favorite.

Granted, I haven’t read what Seanzie actually did but essentially arguing that because Seanzie’s early day had little content (hilariously, causing him to gain townreads from Scotty and myself and iirc Abi) that any further push he makes now, after he’s gathered votes (still don’t know why) is ergo a retcon and ergo comes from dishonest mafia?

Wtf is that argument? That’s well accidentally well poisoning at best and total nonsense at worst.
Changed my mind. I don’t think Seanzie is the move here today.

Check out sig for me now
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

You’re uninspiring.

If I’m uninspiring it’s because I’m mentally James Sunderland/Jason Brody so it’s not my fault. :pout:
Manny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: he

Post by Manny »

Scotty wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:23 pm Check out sig for me now
now i dont want to cuz u waited for me to move off of the wagon to vote
it doesnt feel like my thing anymore :hmmyes:
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lanmisa better have an argument here. Haven’t even touched Mac cause there’s a 90% chance he’s like “Seanzie obvious mafia” and then discounting wolf!Mac, there’s only like a 50% chance he believes it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Why Sig?
LanMisa
The Mark
Posts in topic: 277

Post by LanMisa »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:17 am
LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:07 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:07 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:43 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:32 am I dunno what to do to generate discussion but I do think it's necessary here
Not really, let the players to catch up, the post cap is a real blessing for busy players.

If you want to ask anything, just do it, otherwise a silent thread it's not a bad one per se.
A silent thread benefits only wolfs
Or the ones of us who are busy with life as well and only got time to glance a look on occasion!

While I do understand the statement....what do you think the issue is, here? Are the wolves the low-/no-posting players? Are wolves in the middle and just content with the status quo? Are the wolves top-posters who run out of stuff to say due to the higher number of barely-shows?

I personally don't think that this game is in danger yet due to the heavy emphasis on mechanics, as far as I can tell; I've also been in games where too many posts ended up drowning out the really important discussions and nobody backread the clusterfuck of pages which ALSO heavily helped wolves. I'd personally love to see a few more interactions from the low-posters but... many other players feel rather readable already. But maybe that's just me.
This forum has a massive activity problem that leads to easy wolf wins you can not convince me otherwise and it is one of the reasons I'm convinced town win rates on the syndicate are an atrocity lately
Fair enough, I haven't played a game there before so I can't speak about that kind of experience. There are definitely a lot of slots whose low posting will make sorting a chore unless something changes. Then again as someone who got burned out in the past from the high posting requirements MU culture brings with it can see joy in playing a more laid-back game now and then... with the emphasis on play.

Sorry about my absence btw, I got a bit into a work frenzy I guess. Good news is that I am 2/3 done with my project and well on time to get it done by Friday as I had promised my students. Gonna read back for a bit.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:26 pm Why Sig?
I don't really have a reason, other than that I feel better about a D1 Sig vote than a D1 Mac vote (I know I was voting Mac, but that was more earlier to draw attention to the fact that Mac is ?probably? mafia, but I don't think he is a great D1 vote)

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:20 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:19 pm I think there's a good chance I'll get bored, go missing almost the whole day and return EOD to either see a large wagon on me or lead away from wolf to a mislynch.
That’s your …. Civilian meta, is it not?
Scotty wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:16 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:16 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:07 am Creature keeps making excuses for why people are gonna vote him and it feels very defeatist in a wolfy way but I won't vote there unless someone checks me because I can't read creature
Actually I am a lot more prone to do that as town. As a wolf I am worried that's gonna draw too much attention to me and I'd rather just jump into game solving instead.

I have good reasons to be complaining about people voting me for going inactive, because that happened an awful lot of times for me on Syndicate. I am rarely ever mislynched (as town) in MU, but I get mislynched quite a lot here even when I spend the entire day defending myself and arguing for another lynch.
Remind me if I’m wrong, but don’t you dislike rolling wolf and slank off with those rolls?
Scotty, I'd ask yo to tell me how this isn't you drawing opposite conclusion about the same Creature behaviour, but you seem to have squandered your posts, so I don't expect you to engage with me too much at this time. But, this is just noticeably off.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:27 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:17 am
LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:07 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:07 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:43 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:32 am I dunno what to do to generate discussion but I do think it's necessary here
Not really, let the players to catch up, the post cap is a real blessing for busy players.

If you want to ask anything, just do it, otherwise a silent thread it's not a bad one per se.
A silent thread benefits only wolfs
Or the ones of us who are busy with life as well and only got time to glance a look on occasion!

While I do understand the statement....what do you think the issue is, here? Are the wolves the low-/no-posting players? Are wolves in the middle and just content with the status quo? Are the wolves top-posters who run out of stuff to say due to the higher number of barely-shows?

I personally don't think that this game is in danger yet due to the heavy emphasis on mechanics, as far as I can tell; I've also been in games where too many posts ended up drowning out the really important discussions and nobody backread the clusterfuck of pages which ALSO heavily helped wolves. I'd personally love to see a few more interactions from the low-posters but... many other players feel rather readable already. But maybe that's just me.
This forum has a massive activity problem that leads to easy wolf wins you can not convince me otherwise and it is one of the reasons I'm convinced town win rates on the syndicate are an atrocity lately
Fair enough, I haven't played a game there before so I can't speak about that kind of experience. There are definitely a lot of slots whose low posting will make sorting a chore unless something changes. Then again as someone who got burned out in the past from the high posting requirements MU culture brings with it can see joy in playing a more laid-back game now and then... with the emphasis on play.

Sorry about my absence btw, I got a bit into a work frenzy I guess. Good news is that I am 2/3 done with my project and well on time to get it done by Friday as I had promised my students. Gonna read back for a bit.
Come real-time with me since you're the only person who has actually given a reason to vote me, and I think you're likely townie for it since it makes sense coming from someone who doesn't know me (yes, this is a pocket)

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:27 pm Mac is ?probably? mafia, but I don't think he is a great D1 vote
That's a wild perspective. Why?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:38 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:00 am
LanMisa wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:00 pm If I may make a post about something unrelated:

Earlier today I was at school to get some stuff done and for no good reason apart from "I felt like it" I went into the room where in two weeks my students will write a big exam and that had been prepared last Friday by other teachers since the exam will be in the morning straight after the school reopens.

Only to notice that two desks and two chairs were missing, which would have ended up with two students not having a place to sit during the exam. And/or frantic re-arrangement of stuff in a hurry directly before the exam was supposed to take place.

...I obviously took care of that immediately. Damn, what a lucky break for us, this could have gotten nasty otherwise.
You got dedication, I give you that.

From my experience in other games gimmick posters often (not always, but more than 50% of the time) turned out to be wolves hiding behind the gimmick so... I'll keep my eyes on you.
Nervoussip.jpg
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:29 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:27 pm Mac is ?probably? mafia, but I don't think he is a great D1 vote
Which part are you asking about?

Why is Mac probably mafia? Him naked voting me, and not pushing me at all is bad.

Why is he not a good D1 vote? Because if I'm wrong, he can be a strong townie moving forward. In particular, any day 1 that has Mac/Seanzie wagons is probably a very bad day 1 for town.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:29 pm
Which part are you asking about?

Why is Mac probably mafia? Him naked voting me, and not pushing me at all is bad.

Why is he not a good D1 vote? Because if I'm wrong, he can be a strong townie moving forward. In particular, any day 1 that has Mac/Seanzie wagons is probably a very bad day 1 for town.
Ok, I mean I was asking about the entire thing and the seeming dichotomy. Makes sense though.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:03 am Okay, I did some catch-up with the night posts, here are my thoughts:

- Mac is... giving me mixed vibes. Similar to Scotty and Chelsea he came in with a strong push/approach, but... it feels a bit different. More aggressive and destructive instead of productive? I'm not sure if this is just a tonal thing since he did come around changing stances on Manny as far as I can tell AND he also looked in more than one way (like at Scotty and me, not just at Manny), but... I dunno, I will have to let it simmer for a bit longer.

- I did read Mac's post on this type of play apparently being Epi's regular M.O. and I will take your word for it, especially since Scotty also backed it up. I do hope to see more explanation for reads on the billboards as well and... well, I said what I had to say about gimmicks.

- Not sure if Seanzie had given a reason as for why they can't play more but them not coming back after what I consider a very meh opening is a bad look in my eyes.

[VOTE: Seanzie ] aubergine

- Sig had a weird entrance and I need to reread it a bit later with more clarity in mind. Long Con jumping immediately on these posts for readbuilding instead of all the other pages with more meaningful interactions has been noted. Long Con, would you say that you prefer real-time interactions over backreading, or what else made you focus on these things especially?

- I see Dunnstral posting but the posts still don't stick in my mind and I wonder if that's a me thing. Definitely on the reread pile.

- Abigail quoting my earlier impression post of hers but not my townread(s) on her is making me sad.

Since Chelsea asked: I don't know how to read either Dunn or Jack, only played with Jack in mashes from what I remember and I left figuring out my fellow SMT enjoyer to the crowd, usually.
The mystery of the Seanzie wagon

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m pretty sure Jay made a mistake and neither Monroe nor Tony are itg
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yeah they combine for 3 posts. Maybe the mafia is them plus idk LanMisa or Scotty. Bake em away, toys.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Back end of P13, Creature reads very solidly town and this is more or less exactly what I said earlier this phase. Mix of real reads/interactions and talks about why/how he doesn't play more is Creature's town meta from my understanding, whereas doomposting and refusing to make statements are more likely him being a wolf.

Saw a few Seanzie posts but not enough yet to make up my mind, I assume there are more to come though?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The repeated LanMisa/Scotty exchange looks like treading water in spite of there being more like reads and reasoning in those posts than the rest of the thread.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:36 pm Yeah they combine for 3 posts. Maybe the mafia is them plus idk LanMisa or Scotty. Bake em away, toys.
I'm voting Scotty, would you like to hop on?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

Lolninja
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:41 pm
LanMisa wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:06 pm Okay, managed to catch up properly. Thoughts so far:

Townreads: Chelsea, Scotty

Both had strong openings, don't shy away from making waves and throwing out reads early, both feel inquisitive and mindful

Slight townleans: Abigail, Michelle
Abigail had some volume that I consider "empty" but also one banger reads list. I kinda agree that wolves don't seem to have a lot of thread presence yet since I townread all the players who made waves so far.

Michelle feels towny in tone and approach as well but it has been ages since I had meaningful games with Michelle so I am not quite up to date on how to read her.

Neutral: Lime, Creature
Lime had the slight issue in my eyes that I felt like he was mostly going for the "everyone is happiness" approach, a strategy I like to do in uninspired wolf games that can come from TMI and a lack of easy pushes. I disliked the "forcing townreads" stuff. I don't have any direct issue with a single post though, so... we'll see where this goes.

Creature has a NAI Creature opening so far but as per usual I will roast you over the fiery pit if I don't get to see at least SOME reads and gameplay-related posts before the end of the phase - THIS is usually what makes Creature obvious, whether his whining gets backed up by an attempt of participation - or not.

Worrisome: Manny, seanzie, Dunnstral
Manny feels less energetic than I'd thought I'd see him play in a game with several of the people he himself recruited. I do have a potential explanation on why he'd play the way he does (at least if this could be compared to MU games) but... I honestly hoped to find Manny early D1 and just chill, which is not the case.

Dunnstral has had a lot of posts but nothing so far managed to stick with me. If someone else knows how to read Dunn I'm all ears, but from experience this is something that's either wolf indicative - or a clash of playstyle/personal tiredness.

seanzie had a lot of nothing paired with a long period of absence, and as I said earlier it's the one take from Scotty that I disagree with, so far.

Rest of the crowd didn't leave an impression enough to be on this list yet.
I think this post looks good for LanMisa?

They're pretty spot on about my meta as I tend to react pretty differently when I come back into the thread after having nearly no content. Though, maybe saying that before testing me first comes up as a bit unnecessary?

Anyway, I mostly agree with the Seanzie wolfread.

I dunno about Manny being less energetic meaning anything for them. Perhaps they just got the highposting fatigue from other games.

Actually maybe the most concerning thing about this list is that reads feel mostly consensus, except that Lime Coke wasn't instatownread here.
My apologies for being boring. Then again, I became a Math teacher for a reason.

Since I saw you have a strong stance on Brad and me not having too much in terms of past experience that comes to mind: Why do you townread Lime for the post Lime did? In a way I get it since it reminded me of your doomposts but in my eyes that's hardly a good reason to read someone off.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I kinda hate how Scotty’s reaction to me saying his Seanzie vote is scummy is like “I changed my mind and you’re uninspiring.” Like fucking…that doesn’t address my concern, just handwaves it and undermines me and I hate it.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:41 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

Lolninja
Could you guys, like, NOT vote for one of my top townreads? We can still throw in later phases if we get too bored by the game, starting so on D1 feels suboptimal.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:43 pm

Lolninja
Could you guys, like, NOT vote for one of my top townreads? We can still throw in later phases if we get too bored by the game, starting so on D1 feels suboptimal.
Come talk to me. What is so "meh" about my entrance? How have things changed? What do you think of Lime now?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lolninja
I'll consider that.

@Scotty THIS is what defensive (of another player) looks like. :grin:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:46 pm

Lolninja
Come talk to me. What is so "meh" about my entrance? How have things changed? What do you think of Lime now?
Ha! I was going to ask you the same question! (about Lime)
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:18 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:07 am Creature keeps making excuses for why people are gonna vote him and it feels very defeatist in a wolfy way but I won't vote there unless someone checks me because I can't read creature
Actually I am a lot more prone to do that as town. As a wolf I am worried that's gonna draw too much attention to me and I'd rather just jump into game solving instead.

I have good reasons to be complaining about people voting me for going inactive, because that happened an awful lot of times for me on Syndicate. I am rarely ever mislynched (as town) in MU, but I get mislynched quite a lot here even when I spend the entire day defending myself and arguing for another lynch.
Remind me if I’m wrong, but don’t you dislike rolling wolf and slank off with those rolls?
What is this softball crap? You think he's going to roll over for you??
Sir, have you played with Creature before? Creature can peform a lot better as a wolf than he used to, but... there is a strong difference still in my eyes.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lolninja
Why is Scotty a top townread? Like ya’lls back and forth is softball af. Like you’re both just assuming the other is town, which looks kinda gross.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:01 pm I don't feel great about Scotty. I haven't really vibed with any of his content. He's the defacto townleader through his own activity but has meandered his way to casting a vote on a guy he knows better than anyone is completely null and he overreacted to me questioning Lanmisa for it because he knows he looks bad for it too and tried to get out ahead of it I think. I would expect someone who has the best grasp of the thread to be doing better than casting a pressure vote on someone that they know will achieve absolutely nothing.

@Epignosis you'd know better than I do though, is Scotty voting for you like this suspicious for him?
Hmm yes I’ve gone looking for why Mac voted Seanzie and found shit to support my worldview. Gg
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Lolninja
I'm still backreading.

Regarding your entrance, you made rhyming one-liners and sold them as reads which means that a) we live in a bizarro-world where this is actual gameplay, b) your mind works in mysterious ways that are impossible for me to reach or c) it's a gimmick and as I expressed on other occasions I am not a fan of gimmicks.

If there was anything else I missed it, if there are more things after your coming back I will get to them soon.

I don't think that Lime has posted much since I went to bed yesterday so I mostly try to solve Lime based off on how people more familiar read Lime that I trust, like trying to figure out Creature's read.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:47 pm

Sir, have you played with Creature before? Creature can peform a lot better as a wolf than he used to, but... there is a strong difference still in my eyes.
Ok, that's fine.

My point was that that's a wolfy-ass question to be asking someone at all. Creature talks about how he's Day 1 slanking and Scotty queries "Is slanking, by chance, a Wolf trait you might have?"

What answer do you expect from the guy? "AH geez, yeah, you caught me. I am a Wolf. Oh damn, wait, why didn't I just lie?" :haha:

That's why I called it a softball question. You ask someone if they're a wolf, and they're going to give an answer that makes it seem like they're not a wolf. Why ask?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jack and I are on the same softball team.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Scotty wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:49 pm
Manny wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:43 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:38 pm [VOTE: SEANZIE] aubergine. Gonna settle here. I’ve got like 13 more posts or so before I cap so I guess I’ll be more picky for rest of day
isnt day ending in like 5-6 hours?
Yes, however I have lots of shit to do beforehand and I only have a few posts left.

Seanzie is a fine vote based on how he’s come back. Obviously I no longer town read him.

I am unsure about the mac vote only because someone once said max shouldn’t be voted D1 because he’s a very strong town player when he’s town, and we can figure him out when he’s wolf. I don’t see him wolfy here. I think in hindsight he brought up an original point about me making some questionable pushes as a town leader.

Sig is still fine as a vote too. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from playing with sig over the years, when he’s overtly wolfy, he’s usually town, and if he’s making sense and towny in thread, he’s evil. I’m seeing more of the latter here.

Not feeling a Lime Coke or Creature vote either.

Manny is liiiiight town for me, despite others like Michelle saying he’s self conscious and in his head. He’s sorta shruggy and while I don’t know his game, I think it’s fine-looking.
Not sure if this is Mac's playbook as a wolf and I didn't notice it myself (must have overlooked it), but posts like these can undermine town leaders from following the right agenda.

I guess I need to read back and get a feel of the context of the statement itself.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:46 pm

Lolninja
Ha! I was going to ask you the same question! (about Lime)
He dipped for 24 hours, when he came back he was deflated and making excuses about why he didn't have the energy to solve. Since then he hasn't been back in almost another 12 hours.

I think this fits perfectly with scum!Lime. He came in with some strong early activity, but got sussed, didn't respond well, got deflated, left, tried to kind of get back into it but couldn't. It's possible he's just off as town, but I think this is pretty strongly indicative of scum. Even people who aren't the best wolves can get bursts of activity in, but then they may struggle to keep it up if they don't make a comfortable spot for themselves in the thread.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:50 pm

Lolninja
I'm still backreading.

Regarding your entrance, you made rhyming one-liners and sold them as reads which means that a) we live in a bizarro-world where this is actual gameplay, b) your mind works in mysterious ways that are impossible for me to reach or c) it's a gimmick and as I expressed on other occasions I am not a fan of gimmicks.

If there was anything else I missed it, if there are more things after your coming back I will get to them soon.

I don't think that Lime has posted much since I went to bed yesterday so I mostly try to solve Lime based off on how people more familiar read Lime that I trust, like trying to figure out Creature's read.
If I recall correctly, Seanzie explained already why he treated Lime that way at the start, and it was none of those options. Well, maybe b).
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

sig wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:13 pm My most solid town reads are all on Sean though so I might just join the wagon.

I can’t get any blame if they’re civ though and i want all the credit if they’re mafia :p
This is an oof post regardless of Sean's alignment. Thoughts?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:57 pm
sig wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:13 pm My most solid town reads are all on Sean though so I might just join the wagon.

I can’t get any blame if they’re civ though and i want all the credit if they’re mafia :p
Yeah, I would prefer to see a post about his own suspicions, even with a solo vote on someone, than that.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:54 pm
LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:47 pm

Ok, that's fine.

My point was that that's a wolfy-ass question to be asking someone at all. Creature talks about how he's Day 1 slanking and Scotty queries "Is slanking, by chance, a Wolf trait you might have?"

What answer do you expect from the guy? "AH geez, yeah, you caught me. I am a Wolf. Oh damn, wait, why didn't I just lie?" :haha:

That's why I called it a softball question. You ask someone if they're a wolf, and they're going to give an answer that makes it seem like they're not a wolf. Why ask?
Okay, I do see your point, but... to me asking for someone's meta (especially with others around to confirm or deny it) just feels like a conversation starter to me. I have definitely asked other players I am unfamiliar with about their meta before.

It also sounded more like "I feel like you are behaving in a way I heard you play as a wolf", as a way of putting pressure.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And yet, he expressed the opposite sentiment earlier. Did you see my post on that?
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:58 pm

Yeah, I would prefer to see a post about his own suspicions, even with a solo vote on someone, than that.
My first thought was "This is a wolfy post that lets me hop on an already established wagon without me having to explain much" but the read also feels very much level 0.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:01 pm And yet, he expressed the opposite sentiment earlier. Did you see my post on that?
I may have missed it/forgotten about it, doing math for hours on end can do that to you. I'll get back to you.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:50 pm

Lolninja
I'm still backreading.

I didn't make any rhymes. I just said "brad" a bunch of times, mostly with the word "something" somehow scattered in there.

It is actual gameplay, and if you don't understand it (which I don't blame you for, it wasn't really meant to be understood by others) I'd recommend asking me what I'm doing rather than just taking it for granted. You didn't ask, but... here it is:

Lime is someone that I feel I have a reasonably strong read on, and can figure them out quickly based on how they interact with me. I have caught him dead-to-rights rather quickly in the past, and so me pressuring him, even without anything specific, is a way I can get a handle on his alignment. If you don't understand what I'm doing, that is of little consequence to me since I was not concerned with people's read on me, but with my own reads. This makes little sense coming from Wolf!Seanzie, and total sense from town!Seanzie.

On the flipside, wolf!Seanzie never goes after Brad first. I've snowed Brad in pretty much every game I've been mafia while he is town. He sometimes suspects me late game, but usually that is only when it is too late (i.e. when I stop caring about how he sees me), or because it becomes mech-locked that him and I are a diff check. You could actually probably accurately tell if I'm scum in a game with town!Brad because at some point town!Brad will say something like "I really don't understand what's going on this game" or "I'm have no idea what direction we should go in". It makes no sense for wolf!Seanzie to go guns-blazing at lime out the gate like that.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LanMisa wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:01 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:58 pm

My first thought was "This is a wolfy post that lets me hop on an already established wagon without me having to explain much" but the read also feels very much level 0.
Twice in recent games, I have (as Town) hopped on the lead wagon in the last few minutes of the Day, so I don't want to jump to conclusions. But there's much more time left in this Day than either of those. No need for this, unless he's not going to be able to come back?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:03 pm
I didn't make any rhymes. I just said "brad" a bunch of times
You just never stop, do ya?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:03 pmYou could actually probably accurately tell if I'm scum in a game with town!Brad because at some point town!Brad will say something like "I really don't understand what's going on this game" or "I'm have no idea what direction we should go in". It makes no sense for wolf!Seanzie to go guns-blazing at lime out the gate like that.
That's fascinating, almost absurd. I'll stop before I hit "absurd" though, out of respect for the seeming depth of this read.

Return to “Previous Rackets”