63%

Total votes: 8
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Re: US National Parks Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Delta »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:07 am checking-in; still need to read thread
hello!! o/
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 80

Post by DrWilgy »

Dammit Delta is wolf too
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:54 am Dammit Delta is wolf too
bark bark woof
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Do YOU make anything of anyone's entries my friend?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Mainly just lost on Epi's follow up on Cait because he takes a route of "I care about post B more than post A" -> "post B looks decent" -> "hey actually post A is bad" for reasons I dont really follow? so ?_?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Delta wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:56 am Mainly just lost on Epi's follow up on Cait because he takes a route of "I care about post B more than post A" -> "post B looks decent" -> "hey actually post A is bad" for reasons I dont really follow? so ?_?
Ok, but what do you make of it?
Image Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:55 am Do YOU make anything of anyone's entries my friend?
I think Cait pushing people out of just sitting and waiting looked fine, I didn't really mind Epi's intro as I mentioned before.

I think SVS' responses to her mentions were a little ?_? but I think it was mentioned after that it's more in line with her play in general so not as worried there? Falcon's entry I cant really remember ;_;

Would like to see Pyxxy pop up & would like to see what DM is thinking once she's caught up \o/
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Mmmm... Yes. Delta town.

I'm going to sleep now. Thread too sleepy to poke anyhow.
Image Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:57 am
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:56 am Mainly just lost on Epi's follow up on Cait because he takes a route of "I care about post B more than post A" -> "post B looks decent" -> "hey actually post A is bad" for reasons I dont really follow? so ?_?
Ok, but what do you make of it?
It's kinda just confusing? I dont think Cait's post is really wolfy and the sudden uturn to go back for it kinda threw me off, which is why I prodded about it :p wanted to see what sparked the change
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 26

Re: US National Parks Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by S~V~S »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:42 am
S~V~S wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:44 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:18 pm Epi and Cait are town.

SVS is wolf.
No I’m not. But looking forward to hearing why you think so.
You chimed in with nai when epi and Cait above you gave you the opportunity not to.

Duh.

Doi.

Doody doo.
I did? When did I do that? I’m confused.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:28 am
S~V~S? I have a minor gripe but it's minor for her (would be major for others): None of the discussion so far is relevant to finding mafia or finding anything, really. Again, that'd be a big deal if I the name were "JaggedJimmyJay," but it's three other consonants and some tildes thrown in for good measure. We're just getting started anyway.
Yeah, this, tbh. Mostly. I joined this game mostly cause national Parks, i really love them all and nothing would make me happier than discussing them for the entire game.

I am somewhat perplexed by people basing suspish on entry posts, and pretty much never put stock in them. Over eagerness to find wolfiness in peoples throwaway remarks actually tends to read bad to me, but I usually ignore that feeling since I know it's a me thing, not an everyone thing.

I tend to sit back on Day one, and watch my minor pings. I don't understand the point of alerting your minor pings to the fact that they're being watched. It makes them more careful and less likely to make mistakes. People I don't know tend to think I'm bad for this, but it makes me go hmmm when people who do know me expect me to engage early. Unless someone say, does or doesn't do something especially provacative, I'm not poking anyone Day Zero, or possibly even Day One.

This is a waffly caveat, Epi. Overall I'm town reading you, but I never forget a good waffle.
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:48 am

Do you actually think I think SVS is wolf?
I did :shrug:

I tend to take people seriously when they say something, and tend to view reaction testing in general as a way to wiggle out of a previous inconvenient take. Admittedly, especially when I'm the one whose reaction is being tested lol.
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:58 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:55 am Do YOU make anything of anyone's entries my friend?
I think Cait pushing people out of just sitting and waiting looked fine, I didn't really mind Epi's intro as I mentioned before.
After watching Ranmilia superciv it all over Severance, I'm never viewing out the gate aggro solving as a town tell again. I never much did understand the propensity to view people poking people over trivia on day zero as ironclad evidence of towniness.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think SVS' responses to her mentions were a little ?_? but I think it was mentioned after that it's more in line with her play in general so not as worried there? Falcon's entry I cant really remember ;_;

Would like to see Pyxxy pop up & would like to see what DM is thinking once she's caught up \o/
I accidentally cut off the rest of your post.

Re Monroe, I also am looking forward to hearing more from them. My feel for them is more from watching than playing with one glaring exception. They were sure I was bad (I was) in the one game we played, Ted Lasso. They did not post much, but when they did it was impactful. They were also alow poster in Severance when town, only really saying things worth saying. I lightly watched the game where they were bad; low posting, but content light iirc (which i might not having only loosely followed that game).
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Still not 100% comfy mafiaing at work, but getting there. I should be able to pop in now and then.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:11 am
Caitlin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:12 pm And there's also some WIFOM behind it; mafia tends to avoid saying smth on teammates, so Epignosis does it immediately to not look mafia, except I don't see the pt of this for town
Who is my teammate?
How can this ever be an honest question this early in the game??
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:52 am Let's eat [VOTE: @Long Con ] aubergine
Go for it. It'll be a town yeet, but at least it'll be a low-participating town.

Ok, off to Magic Kingdom. We have Lightning Lane booked for Small World at 9:45.
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:49 am

I accidentally cut off the rest of your post.

Re Monroe, I also am looking forward to hearing more from them. My feel for them is more from watching than playing with one glaring exception. They were sure I was bad (I was) in the one game we played, Ted Lasso. They did not post much, but when they did it was impactful. They were also alow poster in Severance when town, only really saying things worth saying. I lightly watched the game where they were bad; low posting, but content light iirc (which i might not having only loosely followed that game).
Noted \o/ will keep this in mind
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 14

Post by falcon45ca »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:23 am Now that I'm off work, I've had a chance to parse this post.

Not only does it begin with back-to-back adverbs (!), it asks a question and answers with...an adverb. It's a question making an excuse for this post to exist. "Am I saying that to spark conversation?"

I don't know. Are you? Why do you need permission to do that? What are you hiding?
Caitlin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:01 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:16 am Caitlin - Mafia
DarlingMonroe - Not Mafia
Delta - Not Mafia
DrWilgy - Not Mafia
Epignosis - A local park
falcon45ca - Mafia
Long Con - Not Mafia
pyxxy - Not Mafia
S~V~S - The Creature That Gores a Dumbass "Influencer" for Not Following the Rules
Quite honestly, not a fan of this intro

Am I saying that to spark conversation?

Partially

But it's the intro with the highest % of being mafia, imo
What are you comparing my "intro" to in order to get the highest percentage chance of being mafia?

There were three others to post before you did.

One was falcon.
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:16 am I AM TOWN!

Information Transit got the wrong man. I got the *right* man. The wrong one was delivered to me as the right man, I accepted him on good faith as the right man. Was I wrong?
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:45 am Is Central Park considered a US National Park?

Curious Canadian Questions
One was Delta.
Delta wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:03 amHELLO HELLO o/
One was Long Con.
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:21 am Hi, I'm at Walt Disney World for a week.

Which of these three posts is more likely to come from a civilian than mine and why?

Quite honestly is a common turn of phrase, and to be quite honest I'm not sure I've seen you use adverb placement as a scum hunting tactic, nor am I sure of its efficacy.

Also, Caitlin already said she felt your post was the highest chance of being Maf, which means that necessarily she believes all 3 of the other posters are more likely to be civilian.

So that's an unnecessary question.

The only question you needed to ask was the why.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: epi] aubergine
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:43 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:23 amQuite honestly is a common turn of phrase, and to be quite honest
Was that intentional
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sorry, messed up the quote. In line at Country Bear Jamboree.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:08 pm Sorry, messed up the quote. In line at Country Bear Jamboree.
I have no idea what Country Bear Jamboree 🐻 is, but I bet it’s awesome.

I thought the notorious adverb tell was passé? I hope it is, if it isn’t I’m certainly fucked.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:07 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:23 amQuite honestly is a common turn of phrase, and to be quite honest
Was that intentional

DrWilgy

Re: US National Parks Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by DrWilgy »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:45 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:42 am
S~V~S wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:44 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:18 pm Epi and Cait are town.

SVS is wolf.
No I’m not. But looking forward to hearing why you think so.
You chimed in with nai when epi and Cait above you gave you the opportunity not to.

Duh.

Doi.

Doody doo.
I did? When did I do that? I’m confused.
Of course! Why would I doody doo if you didn't do as I said you did?
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:12 pm
Was that intentional

Long Con is town, never rescind.
Thanks man!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:35 am

I tend to take people seriously when they say something, and tend to view reaction testing in general as a way to wiggle out of a previous inconvenient take. Admittedly, especially when I'm the one whose reaction is being tested lol.
lol, am I wiggling out of an inconvenient take then? I don't see what would be inconvenient about shouting x is wolf and seeing what happens, not like it takes much effort to start that dialogue.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:54 am
Caitlin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:12 pm And there's also some WIFOM behind it; mafia tends to avoid saying smth on teammates, so Epignosis does it immediately to not look mafia, except I don't see the pt of this for town
Who is my teammate?
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:52 am Let's eat [VOTE: @Long Con ] aubergine
Go for it. It'll be a town yeet, but at least it'll be a low-participating town.

Ok, off to Magic Kingdom. We have Lightning Lane booked for Small World at 9:45.
Yes captain!
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Wilgy can be town
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:14 pm

lol, am I wiggling out of an inconvenient take then? I don't see what would be inconvenient about shouting x is wolf and seeing what happens, not like it takes much effort to start that dialogue.
No. I was speaking generally, not specifically. You made that post and like 5 of your posts later you seem to be implying it was a reaction test. Not much time for that bad take. Sorry if I wasn’t clear; it’s not something I keep in my tool chest, so it isn’t something that comes to mind for me when someone says “SVS is a wolf”.

Like I said, I thought you were serious, but I don’t think this is something Wolfgy would be likely to do, so not sure why we’re arguing about something I’m not shading you for :shrug:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:25 pm Wilgy can be town
what have I done that's out of my wolf range?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:14 pm

No. I was speaking generally, not specifically. You made that post and like 5 of your posts later you seem to be implying it was a reaction test. Not much time for that bad take. Sorry if I wasn’t clear; it’s not something I keep in my tool chest, so it isn’t something that comes to mind for me when someone says “SVS is a wolf”.

Like I said, I thought you were serious, but I don’t think this is something Wolfgy would be likely to do, so not sure why we’re arguing about something I’m not shading you for :shrug:
I didn't think you were shading me, just reacting to nonsense with personal nai data.

What do you think of Epi's reactions towards Cait? Falc's towards Epi?
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:03 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:25 pm Wilgy can be town
what have I done that's out of my wolf range?

Your wolf range and town range are nearly identical, it's a gut feel ATM
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 40

Post by DarlingMonroe »

heads-up: I will be playing, but later tonight when I get off work and have time to really get into it and make actual reads;
summer comes, winter goes; spring, I skip... God knows...
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 216

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:49 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:37 am [VOTE: Caitlin] aubergine
no.
:meany:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Delta wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:52 am @Epignosis

When I prompted you about Caitlin's post before, you said you were more interested in the follow up and said it looked slightly good for Cait. What prompted you to go back for the initial post?
It's a fun little thing called "Not working anymore." First time I read it, it was cursory and didn't mean anything to me. Second time I got to dig in.

For those who care, I work 13 hours Saturday and 13 hours Sunday. You will hear very little from me on those days.

Thought it was going to be a somewhat easy weekend but nooooo, PIT-BUF game got postponed and that made things hell.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:59 am Mmmm... Yes. Delta town.

I'm going to sleep now. Thread too sleepy to poke anyhow.
Agreed.

On all counts.

Get some rest. You are overtwinned.
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

I drove to portland and back last night and saw no parks on the way AMA
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:39 pm [VOTE: DarlingMonroe] aubergine

I have no mercy for the quiet ones. pyxxy take heed. I'm going in alphabetical order.
:beer:
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

epi remind me have I played with scum you yet
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

@Delta aw hell yeah :D
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

this goes remind me to check on MU signups
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S? I have a minor gripe but it's minor for her (would be major for others): None of the discussion so far is relevant to finding mafia or finding anything, really. Again, that'd be a big deal if I the name were "JaggedJimmyJay," but it's three other consonants and some tildes thrown in for good measure. We're just getting started anyway.
Yeah, this, tbh. Mostly. I joined this game mostly cause national Parks, i really love them all and nothing would make me happier than discussing them for the entire game.

I am somewhat perplexed by people basing suspish on entry posts, and pretty much never put stock in them. Over eagerness to find wolfiness in peoples throwaway remarks actually tends to read bad to me, but I usually ignore that feeling since I know it's a me thing, not an everyone thing.

I tend to sit back on Day one, and watch my minor pings. I don't understand the point of alerting your minor pings to the fact that they're being watched. It makes them more careful and less likely to make mistakes. People I don't know tend to think I'm bad for this, but it makes me go hmmm when people who do know me expect me to engage early. Unless someone say, does or doesn't do something especially provacative, I'm not poking anyone Day Zero, or possibly even Day One.

This is a waffly caveat, Epi. Overall I'm town reading you, but I never forget a good waffle.
The alternative is civilians sitting on their hands for most of the time, scrambling in the eleventh hour, and losing the game. :fist:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:15 am Still not 100% comfy mafiaing at work, but getting there. I should be able to pop in now and then.
I work from home now and I play mafia less during work now than I did before. :D
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

After watching Ranmilia superciv it all over Severance, I'm never viewing out the gate aggro solving as a town tell again. I never much did understand the propensity to view people poking people over trivia on day zero as ironclad evidence of towniness.
- park facts pls

- mmmm waffle

- sure but D1 activity reads can have results I feel like?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:54 am
Who is my teammate?
It's a honest question because the author brought up the tendency of mafia to avoid saying "smth" (something?) on teammates, and so I do it immediately "to not look mafia."

Caitlin is begging the question. I'm mafia because I'm trying not to look mafia.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

ya DM slanking is >rand scum
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:09 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:12 pm
Was that intentional

Long Con is town, never rescind.
Thanks man!
lmao
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:23 am Now that I'm off work, I've had a chance to parse this post.

Not only does it begin with back-to-back adverbs (!), it asks a question and answers with...an adverb. It's a question making an excuse for this post to exist. "Am I saying that to spark conversation?"

I don't know. Are you? Why do you need permission to do that? What are you hiding?
Caitlin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:01 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:16 am Caitlin - Mafia
DarlingMonroe - Not Mafia
Delta - Not Mafia
DrWilgy - Not Mafia
Epignosis - A local park
falcon45ca - Mafia
Long Con - Not Mafia
pyxxy - Not Mafia
S~V~S - The Creature That Gores a Dumbass "Influencer" for Not Following the Rules
Quite honestly, not a fan of this intro

Am I saying that to spark conversation?

Partially

But it's the intro with the highest % of being mafia, imo
What are you comparing my "intro" to in order to get the highest percentage chance of being mafia?

There were three others to post before you did.

One was falcon.
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:16 am I AM TOWN!

Information Transit got the wrong man. I got the *right* man. The wrong one was delivered to me as the right man, I accepted him on good faith as the right man. Was I wrong?
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:45 am Is Central Park considered a US National Park?

Curious Canadian Questions
One was Delta.
Delta wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:03 amHELLO HELLO o/
One was Long Con.
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:21 am Hi, I'm at Walt Disney World for a week.

Which of these three posts is more likely to come from a civilian than mine and why?

Quite honestly is a common turn of phrase, and to be quite honest I'm not sure I've seen you use adverb placement as a scum hunting tactic, nor am I sure of its efficacy.

Also, Caitlin already said she felt your post was the highest chance of being Maf, which means that necessarily she believes all 3 of the other posters are more likely to be civilian.

So that's an unnecessary question.

The only question you needed to ask was the why.
The adverb thing is real. I don't think you've ever caught mafia by putting five spaces between each line before.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:12 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:08 pm Sorry, messed up the quote. In line at Country Bear Jamboree.
I have no idea what Country Bear Jamboree 🐻 is, but I bet it’s awesome.

I thought the notorious adverb tell was passé? I hope it is, if it isn’t I’m certainly fucked.
You're experienced. ;)
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

@falcon45ca do you just have more time for mafia these days?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

pyxxy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm epi remind me have I played with scum you yet
Given my activity level over the last few years, most assuredly not.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Okay, back to work for the next several hours.

Return to “Previous Hustles”