Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Game End

tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 160

Re: Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Day 3

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:11 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:10 pm if mac and lc are both town i dont get what happened to the nk unless scotty busdrove it around

if mac/lc/rondo/scotty are all 4 town i dont think mafia purposefully targets mac for the kill
They didn't. They simply targeted LC or Rondo who had protection and failed.
oh
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:22 pm Stuff got switched around eh.

That's weird.

LC did you get a check?
I defs did not target Scotty so
Grandma got run over by a reindeer
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:09 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:08 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:05 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:01 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:59 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:54 pm

I was targeted and successfully roleblocked someone.

Silence was prevented as per host.

Leetic was roleblocked.

I think at least exploring this was a reasonable path for me to take no? I can't be expected going in to account for every piece of information Leetic has stated in his defense.

I think the omgus and vitriol hurled back at me is of the unreasonable amount given this.
I don't think that your reflexive roleblock would extend to powers not used on you. As in, the silence would be blocked, but the Oracle wouldn't.
Surely this whole idea that Oracle was roleblocked falls apart at the part where nobody would prioritise roleblocking an Oracle?

Like take all the silence and Mac part away. Doesn't it make more sense he's just lying about being roleblocked to cover for the fact he lied about the role in the first place?
I don't know. If you can use the fact that the Oracle was roleblocked to try to mislynch the Oracle, maybe you would roleblock the Oracle as a wolf? Furthermore, all this is WIFOM and does not even remotely counter the hard mechanical evidence on my side
Just for the record as an aside are you capable of withstanding accusations in a mafia game without resorting to vitriol and/or spark and/or belittling? Cuz if the answer is no I'll just stop doing it cuz I value my emotional state over the outcome of a mafia game.

Just want to point out you've been hostile and rude to me all game long and I've largely handled it with good faith but ... I can only exercise grace to a point.
If you think blatant bad-faith misinterpretations of my arguments are "nice", then go ahead. I at least was responding to things that you were actually saying
I didn't say nice but also your calling me lame and shit came well beforehand.

I'm literally over it. Like I'm just gonna stop talking to you because your bothering me.
If you think that "lame" is too much for you, maybe you shouldn't be playing mafia. Also wrong "your" again, but I will admit that's being petty
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

so whats the problem with pyxxy + dm world? it made sense to me yesterday, im unsure if these new shenanigans change things too much for me

i will consider leetic or robyn for the third wolf. let me read robyn
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:11 pm

That's weird.

LC did you get a check?
Grandma got run over by a reindeer
Does Abi targeting Tutuu become relevant with your role knowledge?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

That's weird.

LC did you get a check?
What child is this, who, laid to rest
On Mary's lap, is sleeping?

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:10 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:06 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:51 pm

LOL I was proud when I got it as "Can't Fucking Tell Who's Right". :haha: :haha:
I was targeted and successfully roleblocked someone.

Silence was prevented as per host.

Leetic was roleblocked.

I think at least exploring this was a reasonable path for me to take no? I can't be expected going in to account for every piece of information Leetic has stated in his defense.

I think the omgus and vitriol hurled back at me is of the unreasonable amount given this.
I don't think that your reflexive roleblock would extend to powers not used on you. As in, the silence would be blocked, but the Oracle wouldn't.
Surely this whole idea that Oracle was roleblocked falls apart at the part where nobody would prioritise roleblocking an Oracle?

Like take all the silence and Mac part away. Doesn't it make more sense he's just lying about being roleblocked to cover for the fact he lied about the role in the first place?
That is a possibility, but the Oracle SEEMS to have been blocked today. And if "the real Oracle" is a Town role, then they'd have called Leetic out long ago, and certainly today. I don't think he's lying about the role UNLESS it is just that is teammate is the role (and it would follow that THEY were blocked).

BUT

The town roleblocker is dead. So it's likely that a Wolf blocked the Oracle, evidenced in the Host post.

That is extremely unlikely for a Wolf to choose. So my best theory is that the busdriver messed with the Wolf blocker.

WHICH MEANS that the busdriver should get their ass out here and let us know who the damn wolf is that they messed with.

But that hasn't happened. No, wait. Scotty is the busdriver. That fits with his trickle of info so far. Scotty busdrove me on N0, and I never targeted you, Mac? But I was still blocked.

I wish I had a good conclusion, but these are relevant thoughts anyway.
That makes sense actually. If Abby's claim is real, she probably targeted me (or the real post restrictor did so to make it look like they were Abby). That would mean that the real blocked person was Scotty, and I guess redirecting has a higher priority over roleblocking?
She said she targeted Tutuu.
Assuming her claim is real. If it isn't, I am a viable target for the real post restrictor pretending to be Abby. Scotty should just confirm if him + me was the bus drive though.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:12 pm

I don't know. If you can use the fact that the Oracle was roleblocked to try to mislynch the Oracle, maybe you would roleblock the Oracle as a wolf? Furthermore, all this is WIFOM and does not even remotely counter the hard mechanical evidence on my side
Just for the record as an aside are you capable of withstanding accusations in a mafia game without resorting to vitriol and/or spark and/or belittling? Cuz if the answer is no I'll just stop doing it cuz I value my emotional state over the outcome of a mafia game.

Just want to point out you've been hostile and rude to me all game long and I've largely handled it with good faith but ... I can only exercise grace to a point.
If you think blatant bad-faith misinterpretations of my arguments are "nice", then go ahead. I at least was responding to things that you were actually saying

I'm literally over it. Like I'm just gonna stop talking to you because your bothering me.
If you think that "lame" is too much for you, maybe you shouldn't be playing mafia. Also wrong "your" again, but I will admit that's being petty
I once corrected someone from "there" to "their", when the right answer was "they're". Talk about humbling.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

robyn wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:46 pm well i think i ought to beat up scotty again
She had hoof-prints on her forehead
And incriminating Claus marks on her back

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 494

Post by MacDougall »

It seems like my ability gets treated like an active. ie. When I get targeted I actually activate and react. Which means it's plausible I end up roleblocking someone who didn't target me. Ie. if I was targeted by a bus driver who forces my target off of themselves and onto say, Leetic. My role can then be used by a bus driver as a roleblocker.

Or maybe I just received feedback intended for someone else which might explain why I didn't get d1 feedback.

Syndicate mech games are so 2017. I haven't had to deal with this type of mech in ages.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:13 pm

That's weird.

LC did you get a check?
BAD DOG.

Use the code.

FROSTY=YES

O CHRISTMAS TREE=NO

Deck the Halls=something other than those answers.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Grace would be just saying okay and not continuing to be provocative and needlessly hostile. I don't need your psycho analysis Leetic. Unless you're a qualified therapist in which case I retract and go ahead and give me advice.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:13 pm

That's weird.

LC did you get a check?
If the bus drive was between me and you, say "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer". If it was between me and someone else, say "Frosty the Snowman". If it was between two other people, say "Santa Claus is coming to town". If you aren't the bus driver at all, say "you're a mean one, Mr. Grinch"
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

^ or that. Please use the code unless you're invested in the Spirit of it all and don't want to.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't fully comprehend why Scotty wilfully cursed himself.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

But based on what has occurred his role seems to be "target someone and have them target you".
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

if you cannot see that making a post like this is wolf-siding, ignoring that it’s a deliberate misrepresentation of the interaction between you and mac, god help your soul, or whatever scotty is going on about
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:20 pm

if you cannot see that making a post like this is wolf-siding, ignoring that it’s a deliberate misrepresentation of the interaction between you and mac, god help your soul, or whatever scotty is going on about
Lame [VOTE: pyxxy] aubergine
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Curses and role switches and what have you be damned I'm just sorting this like a regular mafia game.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Feels like either an attempt at pocketing or hiding behind Mac, and either way, I don't like it
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

tutuu wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:10 pm if mac and lc are both town i dont get what happened to the nk unless scotty busdrove it around

if mac/lc/rondo/scotty are all 4 town i dont think mafia purposefully targets mac for the kill
Why are you still voting LC if you believe that?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Porscha] aubergine
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:21 pm

honestly self reflect for once

I’m gonna make a chat bot from your mafia posts, learn how to host FM, and specifically curse you to talk with yourself for a day phase
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:23 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:21 pm

honestly self reflect for once

I’m gonna make a chat bot from your mafia posts, learn how to host FM, and specifically curse you to talk with yourself for a day phase
I'm not the wolf here
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

actually

I have a better idea
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:23 pm

Why are you still voting LC if you believe that?
Because I had not yet determined an adequate place to relocate as my unfortunate priority had been engaging in a needlessly, emotionally volatile interaction with you.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

mmm we’re gonna save that idea it’s good to waste now

anyway leetic did you ever answer my question asking for yiur read on me?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Long Con I get the impression you are townreading Leetic more strongly than you are me? Maybe even you are still thinking I may be mafia?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

[VOTE: tutuu] aubergine btw
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:26 pm mmm we’re gonna save that idea it’s good to waste now

My vote should be answer enough
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@☆Princess Abigail☆

Your username is way too difficult to ping. How does one find a star on a smartphone keyboard? Having to copy paste your name every time is madness.

Anyway.

Porscha?

@tutuu @robyn

Same q
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:27 pm [VOTE: tutuu] aubergine btw
Vote Porscha.
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:29 pm @☆Princess Abigail☆

Your username is way too difficult to ping. How does one find a star on a smartphone keyboard? Having to copy paste your name every time is madness.

Anyway.

Porscha?

@tutuu @robyn

Same q
[VOTE: Porcsha] aubergine

i'll iso her ~later

i just got home
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Anyway.

Porscha?

@tutuu @robyn

Same q
u cant find the star on the phone, no

my thoughts about robyn are still marinating. as for leetic i'd like to wait until the heat goes down a bit, its fresh from the oven
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:28 pm
pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:26 pm mmm we’re gonna save that idea it’s good to waste now

My vote should be answer enough
You frequently mald vote, especially me

Answer my question. What’s your read on me? Fee free to use the same limitations of the established Scotty Song Code if words are hard.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

@leetic have you played and done enough in this game to give reads on every player in the game or no? all your acivity so far has just been at start of days
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:29 pm
Vote Porscha.
I want tutuu porscha wagons
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

tutuu wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:35 pm

Anyway.

Porscha?

@tutuu @robyn

Same q
u cant find the star on the phone, no

my thoughts about robyn are still marinating. as for leetic i'd like to wait until the heat goes down a bit, its fresh from the oven
just say i'm hot and call it a day
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:27 pm @Long Con I get the impression you are townreading Leetic more strongly than you are me? Maybe even you are still thinking I may be mafia?
You're pretty convincing as Town. I currently have no plans to pursue you as a Wolf.

Mech and feels are making me think Leetic is also Town. If we could get some clarity around role-block-busdrive-Oracle-Abi-Scotty scenario, that would be really helpful.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:51 pm Leetic take a breath and come back when you're brain isn't being flooded with adrenaline.
MacDougall take a breath and come back when your (not you are) brain isn't being flooded with alcohol.
That's quite rude.
Have yourself a merry little Christmas. Let your heart be light. From now on your troubles will be out of sight.
@leetic @MacDougall

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

robyn wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:36 pm just say i'm hot and call it a day
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So Porscha has kind of not posted at all since LC outed a town check on Rondo. That feels a bit like deflated wolf who lost their only chew toy to me.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:36 pm
Vote Porscha.
Rondo will want to be involved, in the spit of his role.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LOL *spirit
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:56 pm I mean

why would scum openly claim a rb if town rb is dead and they targeted mac

where’s scotty with singing mech knowledge
Here we come a-wassailing
Among the leaves so green

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:36 pm
Vote Porscha.
Hmm kind of think mafia will win this game if we keep trying to make splits cuz they're already at a numerical advantage that means they can add enough weight to prevent wagons on themselves becoming strong enough to be inside of it.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:27 pm @Long Con I get the impression you are townreading Leetic more strongly than you are me? Maybe even you are still thinking I may be mafia?
You're pretty convincing as Town. I currently have no plans to pursue you as a Wolf.

Mech and feels are making me think Leetic is also Town. If we could get some clarity around role-block-busdrive-Oracle-Abi-Scotty scenario, that would be really helpful.
who do you plan to pursue as wolf?

also you're conf town so just [to you and scotty] i would rather scotty speak this cycle and lose his vote, assuming that there's 0-1 one wolves in [robyn, mac, LC, scotty, rondo] that mean it's always a chop town motivated and scotty's vote is token ig

so like, i want him to talk, more than i want his vote

@Scotty @Long Con @MacDougall thoughts?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:37 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:51 pm Leetic take a breath and come back when you're brain isn't being flooded with adrenaline.
MacDougall take a breath and come back when your (not you are) brain isn't being flooded with alcohol.
That's quite rude.
Have yourself a merry little Christmas. Let your heart be light. From now on your troubles will be out of sight.
@leetic @MacDougall
We love our brothers even when they piss us off. You guys don't need to kiss and make up, let's just move forward together.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:41 pm You guys don't need to kiss and make up
uh, YES THEY DO
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:40 pm
pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:56 pm I mean

why would scum openly claim a rb if town rb is dead and they targeted mac

where’s scotty with singing mech knowledge
Here we come a-wassailing
Among the leaves so green