73%

Total votes: 11
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Night 1

Post by Delta »

Something I kinda noticed from my own site since I had a few games earlier but more often than not wolves will kinda go 'youre either throwing or mafia for x' to soften the blow if they know town is going over?

so maybe odd req but leetic do you have any other games where you've reacted like you did eod/sod?
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Delta wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:09 pm Something I kinda noticed from my own site since I had a few games earlier but more often than not wolves will kinda go 'youre either throwing or mafia for x' to soften the blow if they know town is going over?

so maybe odd req but leetic do you have any other games where you've reacted like you did eod/sod?
its a kind of 'they brought it upon themselves lol' kind of thing & I guess dizzy's post to me eod has played a little in my mind so I kinda just want to deal with any paranoia I have fresh out of eod
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 477
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:08 pm I have a few thoughts on EOD but I'm tired so I'll return to them in the morning

@leetic what do you make of thunal's eod?
It looks quite meh in hindsight. They were hedging on LP quite a bit, though did post a TR of Scotty. Since we know both wagons were on town, it would've been a comfortable EoD for scum and Thunal's EoD does look a bit suspect in that regard. They did say they opposed a potential wagon on pyxxy, so that may be worth looking into.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Scotty was also voting for pyxxy near the end there.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:09 pm Something I kinda noticed from my own site since I had a few games earlier but more often than not wolves will kinda go 'youre either throwing or mafia for x' to soften the blow if they know town is going over?

It's much more common for wolves to not self-pres, LC in Assassin's Creed being an example off the top of my head. It seems that like LP, Scotty just misplayed however
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 248
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Delta wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:06 pmhihi abi o/
Sup?
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

I've read nothing

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

It is unlikely I will read anything

ImageImage

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:16 pm It is unlikely I will read anything
Doctor is gone, and so is the Vigilante. :(
☆Princess Abigail☆

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:17 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:16 pm It is unlikely I will read anything
Doctor is gone, and so is the Vigilante. :(
Reassuring

ImageImage

Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:14 pm

It's much more common for wolves to not self-pres, LC in Assassin's Creed being an example off the top of my head. It seems that like LP, Scotty just misplayed however
maybe turbos are rotting my brain a little but i see a lack of self pres as towny more often than not since there's a lack of individual reason to stay alive? :shrug: site diff maybe

scotty mentioned how he felt we gained more from his flip so i'd like to look into what exactly he meant by that yesterday & revisit the LP wagon
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Long Con and Jack did try to make pyxxy happen. Given that LP/Scotty was t/t and thus a comfortable EoD for wolves I am willing to give town points to both for trying to start an alternative, which would have been unnecessary for wolves.

Besides that, we have Epi and Roxy on vanity wagons. The former didn't show for EoD, so there's little to be gleaned there. Roxy voted at almost the last minute, which does seem a little unnecessary as scum but I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

And of course, there's NANOOK and Wilgy who didn't vote at all. NANOOK really needs to show up like he said he would D2, while Wilgy is easily looking suspicious by POE
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:18 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:14 pm

maybe turbos are rotting my brain a little but i see a lack of self pres as towny more often than not since there's a lack of individual reason to stay alive? :shrug: site diff maybe

scotty mentioned how he felt we gained more from his flip so i'd like to look into what exactly he meant by that yesterday & revisit the LP wagon
If you're town, your goal is to get rid of scum. If you're okay with town being lynched, it shows a lack of conviction to scumhunting. If you're town, you know you're town. Thus, saying you're okay with being lynched, especially over someone who (as town) you wouldn't know is town, is scummy. It's just nonoptimal play besides.

Though I guess whatever "information" Scotty was talking about should be available from his vigkill. Lynching for "information" is also a terrible idea though I am aware it is a common procedure on many sites
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

But again, we probably shouldn't be talking about whether Scotty was scummy, the best thing about the vigkill was that it freed town from having to go over this discussion
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

At least read the last 2-3 pages of EoD. Since you didn't participate and can come in with the preknowledge that LP and Scotty were town, maybe you'll be able to glean something we can't
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:20 pm Long Con and Jack did try to make pyxxy happen. Given that LP/Scotty was t/t and thus a comfortable EoD for wolves I am willing to give town points to both for trying to start an alternative, which would have been unnecessary for wolves.

Besides that, we have Epi and Roxy on vanity wagons. The former didn't show for EoD, so there's little to be gleaned there. Roxy voted at almost the last minute, which does seem a little unnecessary as scum but I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it
Oh, and @pyxxy was on Wilgy (I'm too used to the polls being preserved as a screenshot, hence why I missed it). That does seem by far the strangest of the vanity wagons today, and pyxxy should definitely explain why they avoided the wagons. They were here 38 minutes before EoD, enough to know that it would definitely be a vanity wagon
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:08 pm So two out of a max five PRs are accounted for. To get things started, [VOTE: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME] aubergine, you said you'd step up D2, now I'm holding you to your word
I definitely did not say that lol

If I have time I'll put stuff together tomorrow (real time) but I am explicitly not promising anything
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:48 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:08 pm So two out of a max five PRs are accounted for. To get things started, [VOTE: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME] aubergine, you said you'd step up D2, now I'm holding you to your word

If I have time I'll put stuff together tomorrow (real time) but I am explicitly not promising anything
Lame
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:48 pm

Why no vote yesterday?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

@Roxy popped in at the end and voted for Thunal. Not sure if she read from her previous last post or looked at the poll first. I would wager no. Roxy? Is Thunal your preference for today's vote?

@DrWilgy are you gonna get snuggly down here with us, or what?
Long Con
So Divine

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 1

Post by Long Con »

Roxy could be on to something though. I was looking at Epi's posts and saw this exchange, and it is a little sour-tasting. Thunal gives a (personal opinion:) lame reason to slight-suspect me, but turns into Eggo Waffles under a little scrutiny and cheeses out to vote for someone I was suspecting.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:21 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:14 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:26 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Slight suspicion here. He seemed too concerned with making sure people didn't think he got the info that he was last from wolfchat and responding to leetic without doing much else.
Do you really believe that?
Partly. I did have a slight ping that LC made a response about the info in 3 different posts, but I wouldn't call it a solid scumread. Now I like LC's recent posting, like pointing out that pyxxy post and his reasoning for calling LP's post a reaction test.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:17 pm Oh, other current opinions:

S~V~S is fine.
Seanzie is fine.
Well, you are definitely at least half-right.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 132
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:11 pm @Roxy popped in at the end and voted for Thunal. Not sure if she read from her previous last post or looked at the poll first. I would wager no. Roxy? Is Thunal your preference for today's vote?

@DrWilgy are you gonna get snuggly down here with us, or what?
Hey, I worked then got wrapped up in YaYa land with Ariya. :bliss: then I did try to read up before my vote, made it to the last 3 pages (which I have since read) so I went with one of my own sus I posted about previously. She was my strongest vibe and yep I still have my eye there as well as Delta.

Not seeing the pyxxy thing tbf I am feeling OK with them atm.

Hoping Jack begins to play bc so I am disappointed thus far.

Wigly is quiet but hoping he can fund time to play.

I hate mentioning SVS but she is quite quiet. Hoping the tone of her posts feels better.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:18 pm Roxy could be on to something though. I was looking at Epi's posts and saw this exchange, and it is a little sour-tasting. Thunal gives a (personal opinion:) lame reason to slight-suspect me, but turns into Eggo Waffles under a little scrutiny and cheeses out to vote for someone I was suspecting.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:21 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:14 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:26 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Slight suspicion here. He seemed too concerned with making sure people didn't think he got the info that he was last from wolfchat and responding to leetic without doing much else.
Do you really believe that?
Partly. I did have a slight ping that LC made a response about the info in 3 different posts, but I wouldn't call it a solid scumread. Now I like LC's recent posting, like pointing out that pyxxy post and his reasoning for calling LP's post a reaction test.
Yes this was kinda her play through most of d 1. And not just with her read on you but others as well. Just felt too agreeable.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I have Ariya this weekend I'll keep up And post when I have something to add or point out.
;)
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Roxy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:13 pm Hoping Jack begins to play bc so I am disappointed thus far.

Disappointed with their activity level or their posts?
I hate mentioning SVS but she is quite quiet. Hoping the tone of her posts feels better.
"Feels better" how? Do you think their posts feel off and if so why?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:08 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:00 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:58 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:47 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:37 pm Let's take a closer look at Scotty's ISO because why not.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:35 pm Slank cover

Like a can of beans spilt at a picnic onto the towel
Fluff.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:27 pm

Gambler's fallacy
I agree with you

Which is probably a form of bandwagon fallacy
Agreement with me, although I'm not sure if he's insinuating that anything alignment indicative can be gleamed from that or if he's just agreeing that yes, it's a fallacy. Likely fluff
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:37 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm No activity besides me in the last 25 minutes? Lame
CA-CAW
Fluff.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine for getting ninja'd
ca-caw
Fluff. Admittedly in response to a fluff vote
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:40 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm

Do you have anything besides introductions? What's your read on Scotty?
Do you always come on this strong?

At least buy us a drink first
First (sort of) substantive post. A bit weird, since I wasn't even responding to Scotty here, I was responding to Delta. A weird interjection, and I'm not sure what he wants us to take away from this. A recurring theme, as you will see
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:50 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm Just for those who I haven't played with, a few questions just for me to get a rough idea of how each of you play \o/

Preferred alignment?
Do you tend to hyperpost or not too often?
Do you have experience playing with anyone else here?

Maybe silly to pose these for a casual game but helps me keep up so :D I'd appreciate people answering them
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm Just for those who I haven't played with, a few questions just for me to get a rough idea of how each of you play \o/

Preferred alignment?
Do you tend to hyperpost or not too often?
Do you have experience playing with anyone else here?

Maybe silly to pose these for a casual game but helps me keep up so :D I'd appreciate people answering them
Oooh I like this route

Preferred alignment? I guess town. Usually like one step above vanilla, like a low grade info role. Including this one I think I am at 19 straight town rolls so I don’t even remember what it’s like to be bad

Yes, I post a lot but slank cover this game

I have a terrible memory- I’ve played with everyone but you I think. Yea, I think I played with leetic before but can’t remember the details.
Responses to Delta's questions, the double quoting likely being the result of a technical error. Not much of interest here, although they admit to slanking in this game
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:22 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 pm

The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

Last time I played with him is years ago. However, regardless of player you can always tell something from introduction posts. I know my introduction would be different had I randed a different alignment
This reeks of hyper self awareness and I don’t think you really mean that
His most infamous post. Again, I'm not sure what he wants us to glean from this, and it feels like light shading. At least three other players (pixxy, LP, Jack) have quoted/referenced this to the same effect. Is he trying to attract attention by going after the highest poster, or?
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:32 am Haven’t read since yesterday

Currently in the midst of packing and moving and I’m contemplating hiring someone to commit arson and burn down the place to collect insurance money because it’s all so stressful.
Fluff. Sorry you're going through that by the way
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:33 am I’m not voting for delta on day 1 because I don’t know them
Fluff, saying you're not going to vote for someone for a reason regardless of their potential alignment isn't exactly pushing the game forward.
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:24 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:48 am

Who are you voting for? Do you have any thoughts on Delta beyond not knowing them?
Based on the two pages I’ve read, I think delta is acting more like a beta and is afraid to take a stance on me. The idk on a GTH on me is one of those
Now going after Delta. It is interesting that he has only been going after the more active players, although to be fair he may not even be paying attention to the lowposters.
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:26 pm
Delta wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:17 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

@Scotty whenever you're around, let's talk \o/

You mentioned not wanting to vote me since we haven't played together so this in return feels a little cruel :,) can you give me an idea of how you're reading people right now? We'll work from there \o/
hi, what is cruel praytell?

My philosophy is in my homesite, if I don’t know you I ain’t voting you in D1 unless there is exactly one wolf in the setup and I suspect you.

I do currently suspect you, btw :beer:
I don’t think there’s only one wolf pretending to be a bean
Fluff, and affirming suspicion of Delta (but won't vote, again seemingly doesn't want to push the game forward) Suspicion due to an "IDK" on a GTH, but not like Delta was the only player who acted like that
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:28 pm I don’t like Seanzie’s posts. They’re strong stances, like a 4th position in ballet.

But no one ever uses 4th position in practice

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
Weird push, reason for pushing makes no sense, and again going after one of the more (at the time) active players.

I can see two conclusions from this:

1. Scotty is a townie who isn't really paying attention to the game and is mostly posting without thinking
2. They are a wolf that is trying to shade more active town players, potentially being able to prevent a towncore without having to put in too much effort

Both are believable at this point.
leetic, for all the passive aggressive shading I’ve been doing at you, I love this post.

I tend to lean the first, I know he’s in a lot of upheaval irl, but I won’t discount the second.

I’ve never seen bad Scotty so I won’t preclude him being an evil genius, but evil genius Scotty would be more surprising to me than distracted Scotty. I need to see more from him.
@leetic Do you mean 297? I didn’t write 197.

I read other people opinions, and reread him with a different lens.

I’m comfortable with it.
Why Scotty over LP, if you don't mind me askin'?
I feel more connection to a Scotty vote; other than making only one post I found the argument on LP a bit esoteric. They have enough votes without me, so I went with the one I personally feel connected with.

When I first saw Pyxxys post saying I could be expected to fill the role you are, I was like noooo I don’t have the energy. But your level of committment to trying to get people to vote for the person you most suspect definitely reminds me of me when I get a good iron in the fire.

I will try my best to pop in after my interview (from the parking lot) and if it looks like LP may be being saved I’ll sheep your LP vote.
The last sentence suggests that you may have shown up at EoD yesterday, did you and if so did you still feel confident in your Scotty vote? Why didn't you switch to LP if you had the chance?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:37 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:16 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:05 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:59 pm Also people weren't really accusing you of lurking? This is a weird response
All I can really do for my last post is point out that this is a Mafia.

I just said I don't have time to read through everything or even know what I'm being pushed on. And here you are trying to twist facts and say I have this knowledge.

This combined with all your posts I read early in the day being performative useless fluff. I don't think I have seen someone open wolfing this hard in a while and I hope a Vigilante exists and they can recognize this.
This is basically the wolfiest response imaginable. It's basically an admission of "Yeah, I'm outed, now let me just throw shit at the wall and leave"
This static read makes me paranoid of Leetic. It’s like everything LP does is wolfy and leetic keeps updating the wolfread for different reasons. Ime that’s >rand wolf behavior.
Despite Thunal's noncommittal read on LP they were by far the most static of LP's voters at EoD. That's probably the weirdest thing about Thunal's progression thus far.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Don't want to look too deeply at Dyslexicon's EoD as they're now subbed out and their replacement can't exactly answer to what Dizzy was thinking at certain points in the game, but looking back, they were hedging then later townreading Scotty, going after LP with some but not a terrible lot of conviction, and completely ignoring pixxy. It's meh, townier-looking than Thunal and they did try to jump Delta once with Scotty, although I think they were aware at that point that it wasn't much of a viable wagon. Still lean town on them, but only slightly right now.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Delta's EoD is also pretty meh. Not a whole lot of posts of substance from around that time, most being asking simple questions or just stating the composition of the wagons without much indication of preference to where they would land. Votes LP for an "abandon ship vibe" but didn't really move around their vote beforehand. No real thoughts on Scotty or pixxy were posted then either. It is another oddly static EoD and does feel a bit like they were watching the dynamics of the wagons mostly so they could make a "safe" move
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Well, that's everyone that was super active at EoD and is still alive. Although, there are a couple of things that make me think twice before using EoD as too much of incriminating evidence:

* Wolves didn't need to go after LP or Scotty for them to go down, both weren't very active and neither defended themselves well, so they'd easily fall to town pressure
* All this assumes that wolves were actually there at EoD, when many players were not

Looking at EoD, I'm actually more interested in looking at those who weren't there, like Wilgy, NANOOK, Epi, etc., or those that dipped earlier like pyxxy. I do think Dyslexicon was onto something when they said all of the wolves weren't voting; I wouldn't say all of the wolves weren't active at EoD but it does seem likely that one or two wolves are among the slankers. It was an EoD where wolves didn't need to do anything and most players who were there did something.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 158

Post by Epignosis »

Unfortunate result.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm busy for about twenty more minutes I think.
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Of course I don't like the result, but it wasn't unexpected. With LP dead I expect wolves weren't worried about protection when they made the NK, which would mean they had good reasons for killing him. I suspect Sean's top townreads (Epi, Leetic, Dizzy) are correct and there's probably at least one wolf in his PoE group of (SVS, me, pyxxy, Wilgy, Long Con)

I also did some ISO work last night. I think Epi is pretty towny and him going after me/Dizzy here wasn't close to the big game pushing he did in The Emperor's Soul with Nutella. It's a lot less performative. Mild sus on Jack and Nanook for both having a bit more self consciousness and awareness than I'd expect from either.
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:34 pm
At least read the last 2-3 pages of EoD. Since you didn't participate and can come in with the preknowledge that LP and Scotty were town, maybe you'll be able to glean something we can't
Mmmm I don't really like homework especially 3 pages of it

ImageImage

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:23 pm
But do you like town winning?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:43 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:45 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:42 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:41 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm

Do you have anything besides introductions? What's your read on Scotty?
Good timing :o
It's mainly introductions, I wanted to be around for most people getting here so I could get stuck into things but since things are quiet I'm struggling a little & I didnt really want to miss this and have all of my reads being from backreading off the word go.

I dont think there's much to his intro? Aside from slank cover. I've never played w him before so I dont fully know what to expect, which is why I gave my few little questions to try ease into things :D
Would you say he's GTH town or scum?
I honestly dont know ;_; I liked the beans reference because haha beans game, not sure about the 'woah why so pushy' thing but I dont think I could give a GTH read either way because there's so little there right now & I dont think it's impossible to say that it could come from either alignment

Will swing your question back on you though because I'm assuming off of Scotty's reaction that you've played w/ each other before, should I take his introduction as AI?
The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

Last time I played with him is years ago. However, regardless of player you can always tell something from introduction posts. I know my introduction would be different had I randed a different alignment
Spicy ketchup take given the vote count: I agree
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:52 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:49 pm

I honestly dont know ;_; I liked the beans reference because haha beans game, not sure about the 'woah why so pushy' thing but I dont think I could give a GTH read either way because there's so little there right now & I dont think it's impossible to say that it could come from either alignment

Will swing your question back on you though because I'm assuming off of Scotty's reaction that you've played w/ each other before, should I take his introduction as AI?

And what are you actually going to do with that agreement? Do you read me as scum or what?
I'll let you know when I've actually read more than the first handful of posts.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:14 pm Well, I finished VLR today and I haven't given this game enough time and the kids are all in bed so I supposed I should read and solve over here.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:27 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm No activity besides me in the last 25 minutes? Lame
Feels townie.
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 pm The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

I don't think this line of questioning is fair this early in the game. Like heaven forbid we don't have a read on someone 30 posts into the game.

That said, I think it is the kinda post I would expect more from a townie than a wolf.

I'm fully aware that I earlier agreed with Scotty that this was a wolfy post. Don't care. Now it's a townie post.

That's the main thing I'm getting out of my page one. I think Leetic's interactions with most everybody are townie. He's trying to squeeze content out of people.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:19 pm [VOTE: LinearPoint] aubergine

FTR, this is cause my two biggest townreads are voting there. Idk that I'll finish catching up before EOD.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:50 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:27 pm

FTR, this is cause my two biggest townreads are voting there. Idk that I'll finish catching up before EOD.
Although, the one weird thing about this votes is that it seems to be an attempt to absolve himself if things go wrong. "Don't blame me, blame my townreads!"
There's no absolution if LP goes over and is town. But it saves people the trouble of going "why do/did you suspect LP" when the answer is that I don't. I don't have any suspects yet, really.
This is what I mean by awareness. Jack anticipated criticism/questioning multiple times, like saying he voted LP because of his townreads and saying that he agreed with Scotty earlier but now disagrees. A lot of wanting to tell the thread he's catching up too, which is >rand wolf.

Also, @Jackofhearts2005 I had voted LP right before you did and you voiced that one of my posts was yucky, did it bother you at all that I was voting there?
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:20 pm Of course I don't like the result, but it wasn't unexpected. With LP dead I expect wolves weren't worried about protection when they made the NK, which would mean they had good reasons for killing him. I suspect Sean's top townreads (Epi, Leetic, Dizzy) are correct and there's probably at least one wolf in his PoE group of (SVS, me, pyxxy, Wilgy, Long Con)

I also did some ISO work last night. I think Epi is pretty towny and him going after me/Dizzy here wasn't close to the big game pushing he did in The Emperor's Soul with Nutella. It's a lot less performative. Mild sus on Jack and Nanook for both having a bit more self consciousness and awareness than I'd expect from either.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:26 pm
Sure but I don't need to read for town to win. I've already solved the game.

ImageImage

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:28 pm
Do explain.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Excellent. I can go to bed now that I'm done with work.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 am Theres an alarming lack of easy reads in this game, I might have to actually try, there's only like 4 people I feel good about reading lol
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:42 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:24 pm Good night, friends.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME You probably do need to try this game.

@Thunal33 Wink wink
Idk I think I'm gonna give it a bit and see how it shakes out, ideally you guys kill a couple mafia today and tomorrow and I can swoop in later and give the game winning poe from there
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:45 pm Post a lot of fluff > reads seemingly out of nowhere > back to fluff is kinda my m.o. these days lol
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:06 am Is it bad j want to sr sean for not sring me or

Probably not a good idea to not reward it longterm but
With Nanook it's more projecting what he's going to do with the posts he does have, like talking about making a winning PoE in a few phases and explaining that he posts a lot of fluff. I don't like that he wanted to sr Sean but asked "is it bad" and I'm not totally convinced it's a real read. At the time I was fairly confidently townreading Seanzie and I thought he made himself pretty obvious town.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:29 pm
Didn't you vote for Dyslexicon? Why would you go with their replacement's "solve"?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:29 pm
Do explain.
Explaining is boring

Your a wolf though

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Epignosis wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:29 pm
I'm so glad I could help you get some quality sleep

ImageImage

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:32 pm
Do explain.
Explaining is boring

Your a wolf though
What is it about my "a wolf" again?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:31 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 am Theres an alarming lack of easy reads in this game, I might have to actually try, there's only like 4 people I feel good about reading lol
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:42 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:24 pm Good night, friends.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME You probably do need to try this game.

@Thunal33 Wink wink
Idk I think I'm gonna give it a bit and see how it shakes out, ideally you guys kill a couple mafia today and tomorrow and I can swoop in later and give the game winning poe from there
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:45 pm Post a lot of fluff > reads seemingly out of nowhere > back to fluff is kinda my m.o. these days lol
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:06 am Is it bad j want to sr sean for not sring me or

Probably not a good idea to not reward it longterm but
With Nanook it's more projecting what he's going to do with the posts he does have, like talking about making a winning PoE in a few phases and explaining that he posts a lot of fluff. I don't like that he wanted to sr Sean but asked "is it bad" and I'm not totally convinced it's a real read. At the time I was fairly confidently townreading Seanzie and I thought he made himself pretty obvious town.
That is really just Nanook indicative more than anything

But Nook is town so

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:33 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:32 pm

Do explain.
Explaining is boring

Your a wolf though
What is it about my "a wolf" again?
Mmm clever deflection

ImageImage

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:27 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:41 pm

Good timing :o
It's mainly introductions, I wanted to be around for most people getting here so I could get stuck into things but since things are quiet I'm struggling a little & I didnt really want to miss this and have all of my reads being from backreading off the word go.

I dont think there's much to his intro? Aside from slank cover. I've never played w him before so I dont fully know what to expect, which is why I gave my few little questions to try ease into things :D

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:52 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:49 pm

And what are you actually going to do with that agreement? Do you read me as scum or what?
I'll let you know when I've actually read more than the first handful of posts.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:14 pm Well, I finished VLR today and I haven't given this game enough time and the kids are all in bed so I supposed I should read and solve over here.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:27 pm
Feels townie.
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 pm The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

I don't think this line of questioning is fair this early in the game. Like heaven forbid we don't have a read on someone 30 posts into the game.

That said, I think it is the kinda post I would expect more from a townie than a wolf.

I'm fully aware that I earlier agreed with Scotty that this was a wolfy post. Don't care. Now it's a townie post.

That's the main thing I'm getting out of my page one. I think Leetic's interactions with most everybody are townie. He's trying to squeeze content out of people.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:50 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:27 pm

Although, the one weird thing about this votes is that it seems to be an attempt to absolve himself if things go wrong. "Don't blame me, blame my townreads!"
There's no absolution if LP goes over and is town. But it saves people the trouble of going "why do/did you suspect LP" when the answer is that I don't. I don't have any suspects yet, really.
This is what I mean by awareness. Jack anticipated criticism/questioning multiple times, like saying he voted LP because of his townreads and saying that he agreed with Scotty earlier but now disagrees. A lot of wanting to tell the thread he's catching up too, which is >rand wolf.

Also, @Jackofhearts2005 I had voted LP right before you did and you voiced that one of my posts was yucky, did it bother you at all that I was voting there?
What do you think of Jack joining LC on the pyxxy wagon at EoD?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”