Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 1

Post by Delta »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:43 pm
Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:42 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:40 pm
Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:39 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:38 pm @Delta @Thunal33 You're both here, please break this inertia between me and Roxy before I lose my mind
I'm working on my readslist but if you wanna talk, what's up?
Out of the people not voting (which I listed at 528), are there any names that stand out to you?
Nanook I am kinda curious about because he had a pretty solid moment of posting so I am interested about that not being followed up with a vote ?_? aside from that I cant really say anyone stands out specifically for not voting
Do you have any thoughts on Jack's vote?
I was kinda planning on returning to the LP vote as a whole once I'm done going through my reads because I'm not sure how it really sparked? I'm aware LP only has 1 post but there's so many questions that I have surrounding them and their thoughts that I couldnt really justify voting them right now until I have those answers.

Jack's vote itself is fine I guess? I'm not sure about the whole 'this is for my townreads' but I can get that line of thought. Something I'll revisit once I've got my reads done
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 477
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:47 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:38 pm @Delta @Thunal33 You're both here, please break this inertia between me and Roxy before I lose my mind
Out of the people not voting (which I listed at 528), are there any names that stand out to you?
Nanook I am kinda curious about because he had a pretty solid moment of posting so I am interested about that not being followed up with a vote ?_? aside from that I cant really say anyone stands out specifically for not voting
I was kinda planning on returning to the LP vote as a whole once I'm done going through my reads because I'm not sure how it really sparked? I'm aware LP only has 1 post but there's so many questions that I have surrounding them and their thoughts that I couldnt really justify voting them right now until I have those answers.

Jack's vote itself is fine I guess? I'm not sure about the whole 'this is for my townreads' but I can get that line of thought. Something I'll revisit once I've got my reads done
Finally, what do you think of my look at Scotty's ISO (post 286)? Do you agree with the idea that he's just a townie who hasn't been paying close attention to the thread?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:37 pm
Weird push, reason for pushing makes no sense, and again going after one of the more (at the time) active players.

I can see two conclusions from this:

1. Scotty is a townie who isn't really paying attention to the game and is mostly posting without thinking
2. They are a wolf that is trying to shade more active town players, potentially being able to prevent a towncore without having to put in too much effort

Both are believable at this point.
I can see both of these being true. I do kinda lean the latter slightly more since those he's voted or really talked about so far - myself, you & Seanzie - are those I townread. I dont think it's impossible for it to be the first world though & I do want to see how he's reading people now.

My main question w/ Scotty is really who he scumreads outside of myself? Because if he's not interested in voting me due to a lack of games together, I wonder where he lands today.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 89

Post by S~V~S »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:55 pm LP, SVS, Wilgy, NANOOK, pixxy, and Roxy are the ones who have yet to vote. Of this list, @S~V~S stands out as having the most substantive ISO; why haven't you voted yet?
On day one I don’t like to vote early unless I have a strong feel on someone. I don’t vote early but I also don’t miss votes.

If I don’t have a strong feel of my own I will generally sheep the wagon I trust the voters on the most so long as the person being voted isn’t a town read of mine.

I’m getting in thread time now since I prolly won’t be around EOD.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:05 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:37 pm
Weird push, reason for pushing makes no sense, and again going after one of the more (at the time) active players.

1. Scotty is a townie who isn't really paying attention to the game and is mostly posting without thinking
2. They are a wolf that is trying to shade more active town players, potentially being able to prevent a towncore without having to put in too much effort

I can see both of these being true. I do kinda lean the latter slightly more since those he's voted or really talked about so far - myself, you & Seanzie - are those I townread. I dont think it's impossible for it to be the first world though & I do want to see how he's reading people now.

My main question w/ Scotty is really who he scumreads outside of myself? Because if he's not interested in voting me due to a lack of games together, I wonder where he lands today.
I think the reason why those three was because they were the most active at that point, and his responses do suggest he hasn't read all of their posts. If he is a wolf, it's weird how he didn't go after any "easy" targets nor had much conviction, and he does have low equity with LP for what it's worth. I do agree that I would like to see more from him though.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:11 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:55 pm LP, SVS, Wilgy, NANOOK, pixxy, and Roxy are the ones who have yet to vote. Of this list, @S~V~S stands out as having the most substantive ISO; why haven't you voted yet?
On day one I don’t like to vote early unless I have a strong feel on someone. I don’t vote early but I also don’t miss votes.

If I don’t have a strong feel of my own I will generally sheep the wagon I trust the voters on the most so long as the person being voted isn’t a town read of mine.

If end of phase was in two minutes, who would you vote?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:28 pm I don’t like Seanzie’s posts. They’re strong stances, like a 4th position in ballet.

But no one ever uses 4th position in practice

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
This is Scotty’s last post. He said he had irl. My concern is that in Epis Hungry game, he was camping and had very iffy signal and lots of outdoor activities planned with other people, but he still managed to show up.

As I said before, he gets yeeted a lot day one and he’s never bad.

I could vote there, but every time I talked myself into voting him in the past I was wrong. Gah.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:47 pm

As for my own thoughts on the vote, I guess the main thing that stands out is that Jack voted at all when other low posters like NANOOK and Wilgy hadn't. It can be seen as "opportunistic", but I don't see why a wolf would join a three-vote wagon when no others were even close, unless he doesn't show up at EoD. At the very least, I think this means LP/Jack not w/w
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:18 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:28 pm I don’t like Seanzie’s posts. They’re strong stances, like a 4th position in ballet.

This is Scotty’s last post. He said he had irl. My concern is that in Epis Hungry game, he was camping and had very iffy signal and lots of outdoor activities planned with other people, but he still managed to show up.

I could vote there, but every time I talked myself into voting him in the past I was wrong. Gah.
Do you have any insight into Scotty's vote that you quoted?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:19 pm [VOTE: LinearPoint] aubergine

FTR, this is cause my two biggest townreads are voting there. Idk that I'll finish catching up before EOD.
Although, the one weird thing about this votes is that it seems to be an attempt to absolve himself if things go wrong. "Don't blame me, blame my townreads!"
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:12 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:11 pm

If end of phase was in two minutes, who would you vote?
Well it’s not, but for me I’d like to vote within an hour. I may be able to pop in the last half hour or so if day, but I’m not sure of it.

But right this sec, prolly either LP because I feel townish about several of their voters. Or Scotty because of what I said up there. I’ve never seen him bad and I know he doesn’t enjoy it. And I also liked Sean’s points about his reasons for not voting for Delta. My thoughts of the three people involved in that theory would be based on one of them flipping. Of the three I think Scotty has the most traction for a wagon.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:21 pm

No I don’t. Prior to this he had made a few weak feints st Delta (hmmm) and put somewhat more effort into you.

You’re just like the Spanish Inquisition. Except everyone prolly expects you to show up whenever they post.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:32 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:21 pm

No I don’t. Prior to this he had made a few weak feints st Delta (hmmm) and put somewhat more effort into you.

You’re just like the Spanish Inquisition. Except everyone prolly expects you to show up whenever they post.
"Strong stances" seems like a really weird reason to wolfread someone, and it isn't really elaborated any further by Scotty. I was wondering if you had an idea of what he meant by that, but eh. It reads more like a RVS vote, but it was his last post in thread! Probably the biggest reason I don't have him as a strong townread, even if I think he's more likely town than not — it doesn't feel as contrived as LP's jump on Thunal, but that is not an impressive bar to clear.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

catching up soon during my lunch

who's bean bad in my absence
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ok I just searched Sean’s posts for Scotty, and it looks like his vote is a reactionary kinda No U thing with Seans questions. And tied back into his pushing at Leetic.

I’ve talked myself into [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine.

I’ll try to pop in again and see if there is any more movement or smoking guns or whatever.

Linki @leetic no I have no personal insight into it. His last few posts are starting to sound a bit frustrated, but otherwise :shrug:
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

@LinearPoint If you actually are town, you really need to show up. Like seriously
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:39 pm Ok I just searched Sean’s posts for Scotty, and it looks like his vote is a reactionary kinda No U thing with Seans questions. And tied back into his pushing at Leetic.

I’ve talked myself into [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine.

I’ll try to pop in again and see if there is any more movement or smoking guns or whatever.

Linki @leetic no I have no personal insight into it. His last few posts are starting to sound a bit frustrated, but otherwise :shrug:
This does seem to be a reversal of your position at 197, care to explain why it changed? Scotty has no more posts after that point, so was it a case of looking into his ISO deeper?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I'll admit, despite thinking it's the best option at this point there's always a part of me that feels a little off voting off a one-poster at D1. Then again, it is a low-risk lynch, and it's not like that one post contains no substance. Bad substance, but still
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:44 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:37 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:04 pm how weird to heist games get
Depends on the host, can get pretty weird at times. With jpic probably a bit weird but not super weird.
Aren't you supposed to be napping?
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:33 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:07 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:56 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:41 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:32 pm It's been a while since I forgot about this starting...But glad to see everyone is sprouting. Sad no one made a green bean or red bean joke about alignments though. Heck no one even made a vanilla bean joke, sad times indeed.

At first glance I'm not really liking leetic that much. As a whole their posts just look performative to me like they are trying to just go through the motions of looking town than actually trying to reach any sort of conclusions from anything they are doing. Like they keep talking about lurkers and using GTH for others, but they never really seem to follow up with lurker's posting or the responses to people after GTH (which is kind of the whole point of GTH).

Thunal is another person I took note of. They have a lot of town reads which makes me lean on them having TMI. I'm curious if they have anything that isn't a town lean or null.

The last early thoughts I have are that I'm liking Scotty and pyxxy so far. Scotty also had this thing which was a minor point aligning with what i was thinking for leetic.
leetic feels more like ironic performed performativity to me, if that makes any sense

in the way that some wine must breath before one can taste its full flavor, I would be inclined to let ze leet just vibe today

although. I hate canada geese
I would like to amend this leetic opinion

leetic reminds me heavily of psypsypsypsypsythe from MU

my take-home assignment tonight will be finding a psypsypsypsypsythe scum game or two and reading through them
I think this is slightly scummy if leetic and psy aren't the same person. Your take home assignment feels more like busy work than anything that would help you get a read. If they aren't the same person they don't necessarily have similar scum games even if they feel similar.
yeah but this playstyle feels dead similar to psy, close enough that I checked psy's profile for AKAs just in case

there's a little less throwing their vote around and a bit more focus, but otherwise it feels the same

and so idk I don't feel like I'm risking that much by making a playstyle-similarity-meta read here

have you played with psy before / a few times? if yes you can check me on this, otherwise
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/39515
I'm feeling kinda alright about geese over here
Spoiler: show
but akin to when psy goes psypsypsypsypsypsy I'm probably going to ignore all the honking (now that I've had my fun with annoying replies)
I don't care about this other player, what do you think about my posts in isolation?
You are filling a crucial role in any mafia game. You are asking questions, pressing people for thoughts, and generally make a game a game rather than a bunch of lazy pseudo-introverts typing drivel and then complaining about why the thread is dead.

I don't know everybody in this game but from the one's I do, you're more active than SVS, who is kinda who I would expect to maybe fill this role if D1 was lacking. Epi also posts a lot, but it's shorter and less direct than you.

I'm inclined to townlean anyone making this much noise early on. So I'll townlean you. I'm subscribed to your channel to see if you maintain this activity.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:44 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:32 pm It's been a while since I forgot about this starting...But glad to see everyone is sprouting. Sad no one made a green bean or red bean joke about alignments though. Heck no one even made a vanilla bean joke, sad times indeed.

At first glance I'm not really liking leetic that much. As a whole their posts just look performative to me like they are trying to just go through the motions of looking town than actually trying to reach any sort of conclusions from anything they are doing. Like they keep talking about lurkers and using GTH for others, but they never really seem to follow up with lurker's posting or the responses to people after GTH (which is kind of the whole point of GTH).

Thunal is another person I took note of. They have a lot of town reads which makes me lean on them having TMI. I'm curious if they have anything that isn't a town lean or null.

The last early thoughts I have are that I'm liking Scotty and pyxxy so far. Scotty also had this thing which was a minor point aligning with what i was thinking for leetic.
leetic feels more like ironic performed performativity to me, if that makes any sense

in the way that some wine must breath before one can taste its full flavor, I would be inclined to let ze leet just vibe today

my take-home assignment tonight will be finding a psypsypsypsypsythe scum game or two and reading through them
I think this is slightly scummy if leetic and psy aren't the same person. Your take home assignment feels more like busy work than anything that would help you get a read. If they aren't the same person they don't necessarily have similar scum games even if they feel similar.
yeah but this playstyle feels dead similar to psy, close enough that I checked psy's profile for AKAs just in case

there's a little less throwing their vote around and a bit more focus, but otherwise it feels the same

and so idk I don't feel like I'm risking that much by making a playstyle-similarity-meta read here

have you played with psy before / a few times? if yes you can check me on this, otherwise
but akin to when psy goes psypsypsypsypsypsy I'm probably going to ignore all the honking (now that I've had my fun with annoying replies)
I haven't played with him and I'm vaguely aware of his existence from looking at mafia league games. I can see the similarity looking at it.
:thumbs-up:
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:44 pm
Depends on the host, can get pretty weird at times. With jpic probably a bit weird but not super weird.

I don't care about this other player, what do you think about my posts in isolation?
You are filling a crucial role in any mafia game. You are asking questions, pressing people for thoughts, and generally make a game a game rather than a bunch of lazy pseudo-introverts typing drivel and then complaining about why the thread is dead.

I don't know everybody in this game but from the one's I do, you're more active than SVS, who is kinda who I would expect to maybe fill this role if D1 was lacking. Epi also posts a lot, but it's shorter and less direct than you.

I'm inclined to townlean anyone making this much noise early on. So I'll townlean you. I'm subscribed to your channel to see if you maintain this activity.
Is there anyone you so scumread or even just scumlean?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:13 am

Why don't you ask for a leetic scum game or two and read through those?

That is a question I am planning on asking leetic - for two town and two scum games. Why isn't your head there?
iirc leetic or someone else said that leetic was coming back from a long break, so I kinda just assumed they wouldn't be playing the same and went with a cross-player comparison

....that I could do without having to interact more with the goose, because the honking was getting to me
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:46 pm

did Jack come back yet?

if no, then yes
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:48 pm

did Jack come back yet?

if no, then yes
Yes, he came back to vote LP then dipped again. He says he's still reading the thread, so take that as you will
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

and then this very much doesn't count as a scumread or lean but I've watched dizzy absolutely decimate multiple setups so

might tinfoil myself in that direction for no logical reason, especially after the "I'm just here to test my reads" post

which I don't read as arrogance, no, it's just like....butter beans
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:50 pm and then this very much doesn't count as a scumread or lean but I've watched dizzy absolutely decimate multiple setups so

might tinfoil myself in that direction for no logical reason, especially after the "I'm just here to test my reads" post

In isolation, do you think Dizzy's posts this game look towny or scummy?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:49 pm

did Jack come back yet?

if no, then yes
Yes, he came back to vote LP then dipped again. He says he's still reading the thread, so take that as you will
hm
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:58 am This post should probably make Pyxxy town.
*kronk voice*
oh yeah. it's all dizzy paranoia
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:13 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:50 amr
@leetic Would you mind posting your most recent two scum games and most recent two town games?
Town games: https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/game-e ... moment/726 viewtopic.php?t=2237

Mafia games: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/27137 https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.ph ... in.268446/

Granted, the scum games are so long ago that I don't think they're representative of how I'd play if I randed scum today
"Granted, the scum games are so long ago that I don't think they're representative of how I'd play if I randed scum today"
I've still got it baybeeeeeee
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Roxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:49 am
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:56 pm psypsypsypsypsythe
Can you, in very simple terms like speaking to my granddaughter simple, explain what this means or is?
it's a player's username from MU

and iirc, it's what Psyduck says (except the "-the" ending part, but I'm not a pokemon expert)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:47 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:37 pm Let's take a closer look at Scotty's ISO because why not.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:35 pm Slank cover

Like a can of beans spilt at a picnic onto the towel
Fluff.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:27 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:07 pm I've played 6 games of forum mafia this year and was only town in 2 of them. So mathematically, there's a 100% chance I'm town this game.
Gambler's fallacy
I agree with you

Which is probably a form of bandwagon fallacy
Agreement with me, although I'm not sure if he's insinuating that anything alignment indicative can be gleamed from that or if he's just agreeing that yes, it's a fallacy. Likely fluff
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:37 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm No activity besides me in the last 25 minutes? Lame
CA-CAW
Fluff.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine for getting ninja'd
ca-caw
Fluff. Admittedly in response to a fluff vote
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:40 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:38 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm No activity besides me in the last 25 minutes? Lame
Yep ;_;

I'm hovering a little but also I'm p tired so might just leave things here D: though not too ideal since I don't really want to miss most of the icebreaker stuff
Do you have anything besides introductions? What's your read on Scotty?
Do you always come on this strong?

At least buy us a drink first
First (sort of) substantive post. A bit weird, since I wasn't even responding to Scotty here, I was responding to Delta. A weird interjection, and I'm not sure what he wants us to take away from this. A recurring theme, as you will see
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:50 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm Just for those who I haven't played with, a few questions just for me to get a rough idea of how each of you play \o/

Preferred alignment?
Do you tend to hyperpost or not too often?
Do you have experience playing with anyone else here?

Maybe silly to pose these for a casual game but helps me keep up so :D I'd appreciate people answering them
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm Just for those who I haven't played with, a few questions just for me to get a rough idea of how each of you play \o/

Preferred alignment?

Maybe silly to pose these for a casual game but helps me keep up so :D I'd appreciate people answering them
Oooh I like this route

Preferred alignment? I guess town. Usually like one step above vanilla, like a low grade info role. Including this one I think I am at 19 straight town rolls so I don’t even remember what it’s like to be bad

Yes, I post a lot but slank cover this game

I have a terrible memory- I’ve played with everyone but you I think. Yea, I think I played with leetic before but can’t remember the details.
Responses to Delta's questions, the double quoting likely being the result of a technical error. Not much of interest here, although they admit to slanking in this game
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:22 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:45 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:42 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:41 pm

Good timing :o
It's mainly introductions, I wanted to be around for most people getting here so I could get stuck into things but since things are quiet I'm struggling a little & I didnt really want to miss this and have all of my reads being from backreading off the word go.

I dont think there's much to his intro? Aside from slank cover. I've never played w him before so I dont fully know what to expect, which is why I gave my few little questions to try ease into things :D
Would you say he's GTH town or scum?
I honestly dont know ;_; I liked the beans reference because haha beans game, not sure about the 'woah why so pushy' thing but I dont think I could give a GTH read either way because there's so little there right now & I dont think it's impossible to say that it could come from either alignment

Will swing your question back on you though because I'm assuming off of Scotty's reaction that you've played w/ each other before, should I take his introduction as AI?
The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

Last time I played with him is years ago. However, regardless of player you can always tell something from introduction posts. I know my introduction would be different had I randed a different alignment
This reeks of hyper self awareness and I don’t think you really mean that
His most infamous post. Again, I'm not sure what he wants us to glean from this, and it feels like light shading. At least three other players (pixxy, LP, Jack) have quoted/referenced this to the same effect. Is he trying to attract attention by going after the highest poster, or?
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:32 am Haven’t read since yesterday

Currently in the midst of packing and moving and I’m contemplating hiring someone to commit arson and burn down the place to collect insurance money because it’s all so stressful.
Fluff. Sorry you're going through that by the way
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:33 am I’m not voting for delta on day 1 because I don’t know them
Fluff, saying you're not going to vote for someone for a reason regardless of their potential alignment isn't exactly pushing the game forward.
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:24 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:48 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:33 am I’m not voting for delta on day 1 because I don’t know them
Who are you voting for? Do you have any thoughts on Delta beyond not knowing them?
Based on the two pages I’ve read, I think delta is acting more like a beta and is afraid to take a stance on me. The idk on a GTH on me is one of those
Now going after Delta. It is interesting that he has only been going after the more active players, although to be fair he may not even be paying attention to the lowposters.
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:26 pm
Delta wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:17 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

@Scotty whenever you're around, let's talk \o/

You mentioned not wanting to vote me since we haven't played together so this in return feels a little cruel :,) can you give me an idea of how you're reading people right now? We'll work from there \o/
hi, what is cruel praytell?

My philosophy is in my homesite, if I don’t know you I ain’t voting you in D1 unless there is exactly one wolf in the setup and I suspect you.

I do currently suspect you, btw :beer:
I don’t think there’s only one wolf pretending to be a bean
Fluff, and affirming suspicion of Delta (but won't vote, again seemingly doesn't want to push the game forward) Suspicion due to an "IDK" on a GTH, but not like Delta was the only player who acted like that

leetic, for all the passive aggressive shading I’ve been doing at you, I love this post.

I tend to lean the first, I know he’s in a lot of upheaval irl, but I won’t discount the second.

I’ve never seen bad Scotty so I won’t preclude him being an evil genius, but evil genius Scotty would be more surprising to me than distracted Scotty. I need to see more from him.
@leetic Do you mean 297? I didn’t write 197.

I read other people opinions, and reread him with a different lens.

I’m comfortable with it.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:58 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:37 pm Let's take a closer look at Scotty's ISO because why not.

Fluff.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:07 pm I've played 6 games of forum mafia this year and was only town in 2 of them. So mathematically, there's a 100% chance I'm town this game.
Gambler's fallacy
I agree with you

Agreement with me, although I'm not sure if he's insinuating that anything alignment indicative can be gleamed from that or if he's just agreeing that yes, it's a fallacy. Likely fluff
CA-CAW
Fluff.
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine for getting ninja'd
ca-caw
Yep ;_;

I'm hovering a little but also I'm p tired so might just leave things here D: though not too ideal since I don't really want to miss most of the icebreaker stuff

First (sort of) substantive post. A bit weird, since I wasn't even responding to Scotty here, I was responding to Delta. A weird interjection, and I'm not sure what he wants us to take away from this. A recurring theme, as you will see

Preferred alignment?

Preferred alignment?

Oooh I like this route

Preferred alignment? I guess town. Usually like one step above vanilla, like a low grade info role. Including this one I think I am at 19 straight town rolls so I don’t even remember what it’s like to be bad

I have a terrible memory- I’ve played with everyone but you I think. Yea, I think I played with leetic before but can’t remember the details.
Responses to Delta's questions, the double quoting likely being the result of a technical error. Not much of interest here, although they admit to slanking in this game
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:42 pm

Would you say he's GTH town or scum?
I honestly dont know ;_; I liked the beans reference because haha beans game, not sure about the 'woah why so pushy' thing but I dont think I could give a GTH read either way because there's so little there right now & I dont think it's impossible to say that it could come from either alignment

Will swing your question back on you though because I'm assuming off of Scotty's reaction that you've played w/ each other before, should I take his introduction as AI?
The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

Last time I played with him is years ago. However, regardless of player you can always tell something from introduction posts. I know my introduction would be different had I randed a different alignment
His most infamous post. Again, I'm not sure what he wants us to glean from this, and it feels like light shading. At least three other players (pixxy, LP, Jack) have quoted/referenced this to the same effect. Is he trying to attract attention by going after the highest poster, or?

Currently in the midst of packing and moving and I’m contemplating hiring someone to commit arson and burn down the place to collect insurance money because it’s all so stressful.
Fluff, saying you're not going to vote for someone for a reason regardless of their potential alignment isn't exactly pushing the game forward.
Who are you voting for? Do you have any thoughts on Delta beyond not knowing them?
Based on the two pages I’ve read, I think delta is acting more like a beta and is afraid to take a stance on me. The idk on a GTH on me is one of those
Now going after Delta. It is interesting that he has only been going after the more active players, although to be fair he may not even be paying attention to the lowposters.

You mentioned not wanting to vote me since we haven't played together so this in return feels a little cruel :,) can you give me an idea of how you're reading people right now? We'll work from there \o/

My philosophy is in my homesite, if I don’t know you I ain’t voting you in D1 unless there is exactly one wolf in the setup and I suspect you.

Fluff, and affirming suspicion of Delta (but won't vote, again seemingly doesn't want to push the game forward) Suspicion due to an "IDK" on a GTH, but not like Delta was the only player who acted like that

leetic, for all the passive aggressive shading I’ve been doing at you, I love this post.

I tend to lean the first, I know he’s in a lot of upheaval irl, but I won’t discount the second.

I’ve never seen bad Scotty so I won’t preclude him being an evil genius, but evil genius Scotty would be more surprising to me than distracted Scotty. I need to see more from him.

I’m comfortable with it.
Why Scotty over LP, if you don't mind me askin'?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Delta wrote 197
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:00 pmDelta wrote 197
Chalk it down to ADHD
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:51 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:49 pm

did Jack come back yet?

if no, then yes
hm
So, do you find Jack's vote scummy or towny?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:02 am
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:59 am [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine Come on, you have the emptiest ISO of anyone in the game, get going.
This is scummy lol.

If the implication is that I haven't read, why would I have gth takes?
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:06 am
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:10 am 10 pages of beans. Someone provide argument as to who I should sheep.
This was quite literally how I joined game. Asking for immediate tldr. Why as an informed player would I do this for post 3?
Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:13 am
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:48 am
Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:45 am
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:29 am
Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:13 am
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:12 am
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:11 am

GTH on Delta and Dyslexicon?
Bad
Bad
:pout:

Why do you read me this way?
Because your a cutie
:charlieblackmon:
GTH on Wilgy?
Town I think?

Similar to Roxy where he reaffirms he wants to take things at his own pace & the only game I've had where he was a wolf, when he did pop up his initial posts were a little odd & a cluster of work then back to chilling. Here I can buy him being genuine about how he takes things & I think his point about not wanting to be too generous with townreads is genuine
holding onto these because I want to catchup naturally, but my thoughts
- I also reacted spicy to the goose
- but now I've got time to play and I'm playing
- does Wilgy take most of the phase to show up sometimes? absolutely
- but then interacting with the clearly spicy thread instigator? makes me wonder if he just does nothing after this
- that would be sus
- we shall see
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:01 pm pyxxy: Seems oblivious to pressure
one of the best compliments I've ever received
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:17 pm @pyxxy What are you doing right now? Is there anyone you plan on voting?
I'm going to consider this answered / to be answered by me just playing the game

but re-ask in a bit if you disagree
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:31 pm
Roxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:30 pm no bc all you have to do is read any page and it can be seen
if you want examples from today you need only to read this page lol
Vague and unhelpful. You have to actually provide evidence and explain your points if you want people to follow you.
*looks directly at the camera*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:00 pm

Fluff.
Gambler's fallacy
I agree with you

CA-CAW
Fluff.
ca-caw

Yep ;_;

Preferred alignment?

Preferred alignment?

Oooh I like this route

I’m comfortable with it.
I feel more connection to a Scotty vote; other than making only one post I found the argument on LP a bit esoteric. They have enough votes without me, so I went with the one I personally feel connected with.

When I first saw Pyxxys post saying I could be expected to fill the role you are, I was like noooo I don’t have the energy. But your level of committment to trying to get people to vote for the person you most suspect definitely reminds me of me when I get a good iron in the fire.

I will try my best to pop in after my interview (from the parking lot) and if it looks like LP may be being saved I’ll sheep your LP vote.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:08 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:00 pm

Fluff.

Gambler's fallacy
I agree with you

CA-CAW
Fluff.
ca-caw

Preferred alignment?

Preferred alignment?

Oooh I like this route

I’m comfortable with it.
I feel more connection to a Scotty vote; other than making only one post I found the argument on LP a bit esoteric. They have enough votes without me, so I went with the one I personally feel connected with.

When I first saw Pyxxys post saying I could be expected to fill the role you are, I was like noooo I don’t have the energy. But your level of committment to trying to get people to vote for the person you most suspect definitely reminds me of me when I get a good iron in the fire.

I will try my best to pop in after my interview (from the parking lot) and if it looks like LP may be being saved I’ll sheep your LP vote.
Can you describe what you mean by "esoteric"?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:27 pm

FTR, this is cause my two biggest townreads are voting there. Idk that I'll finish catching up before EOD.
Although, the one weird thing about this votes is that it seems to be an attempt to absolve himself if things go wrong. "Don't blame me, blame my townreads!"
yeah but Jack knows that it'll come off like that

so this is more interesting to me from a "unpairing Jack with others" perspective (Thunal33, leetic, Seanzie)

I might leave it at that for now because I don't want to overcook and would rather finish catching up
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:51 pm
pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:50 pm and then this very much doesn't count as a scumread or lean but I've watched dizzy absolutely decimate multiple setups so

In isolation, do you think Dizzy's posts this game look towny or scummy?
having not re-read / ISO'd prior to answering this

the paranoia says scummy

but I probably need to see a game of town Dizzy getting a pelt to calibrate properly

@Dyslexicon if you're bored ^ game request pls
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:04 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:59 am [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine Come on, you have the emptiest ISO of anyone in the game, get going.
This is scummy lol.

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:10 am 10 pages of beans. Someone provide argument as to who I should sheep.
This was quite literally how I joined game. Asking for immediate tldr. Why as an informed player would I do this for post 3?
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:12 am

Bad
Bad

Because your a cutie
GTH on Wilgy?
Town I think?

Similar to Roxy where he reaffirms he wants to take things at his own pace & the only game I've had where he was a wolf, when he did pop up his initial posts were a little odd & a cluster of work then back to chilling. Here I can buy him being genuine about how he takes things & I think his point about not wanting to be too generous with townreads is genuine
- but then interacting with the clearly spicy thread instigator? makes me wonder if he just does nothing after this
- that would be sus
- we shall see
nothing else, eh?
come back [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:19 pm

so this is more interesting to me from a "unpairing Jack with others" perspective (Thunal33, leetic, Seanzie)

I might leave it at that for now because I don't want to overcook and would rather finish catching up
This is a point where we run into WIFOM. To me, Jack's low activity means I doubt he came up with any complicated plans and likely typed that vote offhand. Unless he was directed by a scumpartner, but again, WIFOM.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:26 pm
pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:04 pm
This is scummy lol.

Because your a cutie
GTH on Wilgy?
Town I think?

- that would be sus
- we shall see
nothing else, eh?
come back [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
Is this based only on a meta read, or is there more to this case?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I will say that DrWilgy has the most "nothing" ISO of anyone at the moment
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:33 pm I will say that DrWilgy has the most "nothing" ISO of anyone at the moment
Although NANOOK really isn't very far behind
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:29 pm
pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:19 pm

This is a point where we run into WIFOM. To me, Jack's low activity means I doubt he came up with any complicated plans and likely typed that vote offhand. Unless he was directed by a scumpartner, but again, WIFOM.
yes

my first sentence is alludes to the fact that it's WIFOM

and my second and third explain why I still found it interesting, for (my) solving purposes

if you have something to add besides more WIFOM, please share
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Roxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:17 am LP loved how your one post inspired so many others. Opened discussion in a non confrontational way thank you. Can you explain your Pyxxy town read?
This is probably the weirdest Roxy post so far, I wouldn't expect the first sentence to be unironically said by someone with more than five games experience. I'm not even sure I need to say what's wrong here, yes it attracted attention but negative attention and none of it was followed up! Maybe this is just a joke that didn't come accross well, but looking at Roxy's whole ISO it doesn't seem that way.

Also Roxy, only a little more than a couple hours 'til EOD, you better vote
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”