Total votes: 8
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
It’s my birthday

Re: Summer Sh*t Day 3

Post by Dennis »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:30 pm What's unfortunate is I work from 7 a.m. to about 4 p.m. tomorrow.
@Dennis Why are you voting me?
All the reasons stated before but also all of your reactions to being voted have felt bad to me. It's almost felt like you're trying to just shut down pushes against you rather than analyze or break them apart

Either way, looks like I might die and I'd rather not do that so [VOTE: six] aubergine for self pres
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Well, self pres is the main reason but I also don't mind if he goes over
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Okay phone om 4 percent EEK!!

Okay thank you for answering me @pyxxy

Spf wallposting is good

If anyone needs me to look at anything specific, I'll be back soonish, please ping me with what ya want AAAH 3 PERCENT
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 156
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

i’ll be honest, i don’t know how good i feel with a six lunch

don’t really like how people came to voting him and i’m nowhere near as confident as i was on falcon

will prob feel bad too if i mislunch him his first time when he voted a wolf but uhh
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

Dennis wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:26 pm Okay phone om 4 percent EEK!!

Okay thank you for answering me @pyxxy

Spf wallposting is good

If anyone needs me to look at anything specific, I'll be back soonish, please ping me with what ya want AAAH 3 PERCENT
charge ya phone EOD won't pick up for another hour or two is my bet
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

tedxtr wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:35 pm i’ll be honest, i don’t know how good i feel with a six lunch

don’t really like how people came to voting him and i’m nowhere near as confident as i was on falcon

will prob feel bad too if i mislunch him his first time when he voted a wolf but uhh
I don't disagree but how I'm rationalizing that wagon is:

1) there's only 1 wolf left, pure random odds say we're gonna miss today no matter what, no need for town to feel super guilty about it

2) I'm surprised how much effort he's putting in to stay alive (this is WIFOM) but I would have preferred he....just kept low posting and I would find that more towny*

*not like I'm not also posting way more now :x
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Pretty much all votes seem bad to me in some way if they’re villas

In a “yeah should’ve seen it but have no clue who to go for” way

Idk what you’re supposed to do in these situations
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

This probably makes no sense lol
ImageImageImageImage
SixStrings
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by SixStrings »

Dennis wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:24 pm Well, self pres is the main reason but I also don't mind if he goes over
Nice one son, hard to view either of these in a positive light. Moreover, it is clear that neither of your reasons provide support as to why I am more wolfy than others.

In my defense, I correctly voted to kill falcon and have been pretty resolute on SPF so far.
SixStrings

Post by SixStrings »

pyxxy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:43 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:35 pm i’ll be honest, i don’t know how good i feel with a six lunch

I don't disagree but how I'm rationalizing that wagon is:

1) there's only 1 wolf left, pure random odds say we're gonna miss today no matter what, no need for town to feel super guilty about it

2) I'm surprised how much effort he's putting in to stay alive (this is WIFOM) but I would have preferred he....just kept low posting and I would find that more towny*

*not like I'm not also posting way more now :x
Please see my recent post to dennis. He voted me save himself.
Similar to my other two games I am slow to engage. The last game I was wrongly accused of being wolf once I started posting more. Feels the same again.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

six's ISO from meta mafia for comparison
https://mafiathesyndicate.com/search.ph ... 143&t=2507

you did just post more in general in that game, tbh
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 375
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

is there anyone else you want to kill today?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

SixStrings wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:04 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:51 pm
SixStrings wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:41 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:19 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:16 pm Has six responded to the accusation that he's too aware of thread state? I've seen him around a bit but I don't think I've seen him respond to that specifically.
I do also think he's trying to soft his flavor with his PFP but that's pretty weak reasoning to not vote there.
lol this is kinda a towny thought
What does is mean to be too aware of thread state?
it's what i explained in this post here:
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:04 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:22 pm it ....could be sixstrings. one thing that does make me worried about him is actually just how consensus-y/"agreeable" his reads were when he checked into the thread, even though he is clearly absent. i would expect a villager who is struggling to play or keep up with the game to not have many confident reads, but sixstrings had a readslist that was almost entirely in agreement with the consensus, which could indicate that he was being fed information by this team - this is the exact tell that i used to catch beggbow wayyy back in season 7 game 6
^^and ftr, this is still the main reason why i think it might be sixstrings, and why i haven't taken him out of my POE in spite of him having some posts that show a towny lack of self awareness

the lack of self awareness paired with sixstrings having extremely accurate, consensus, and good reas doesn't really align with how i would expect someone struggling with the game to play. if sixstrings is town then frankly i think his reads would probably just be a lot messier than they have been. his reads are good enough but im not sure i see much of a solving process behind them, which indicates to me that he might be playing with TMI
the main reason why i'm concerned about you being mafia is because in spite of the fact that you have barely been invested in this game (from what i can tell), your reads have been extremely aligned with the consensus and have shifted in alignment with the threadstate, which makes me worry that you are playing from a position of perfect information and not actually scumhunting
thank you for the response, yes i do often follow the consensus. i spend more time trying to understand the mindset and process of others with more experience. keep in mind that being new means i really don't get the nuances yet. reading wolf behavior doesn't seem as easy reading town; so following the consensus feels like the smarter way until i have a better grasp. This is game 3 for me of anything like this. the closest before would be a game of poker. Hopefully that explains the lack of solving comment.
also thank you for explaining. that perspective does definitely make sense to me, yeah

i guess the thing that confuses me about this explanation is that you are portraying yourself as someone who is just trying to follow the consensus and doesn't seem to grasp the nuances yet, but you are also portraying a high amount of confidence about me being mafia in spite of the fact that me being mafia isn't a consensus among the thread right now

so where is your conviction on me coming from? is it specifically because of kate? and do you see how your claimed lack of self-confidence in your own reads paired with the confidence that you are projecting on me being mafia comes off a little bit contradictory?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

fwiw i am unwilling to kill dennis today
staypositivefriend
Hitman

if anyone feels strongly that we should kill someone that is not sixstrings or dennis then im willing to give it consideration, but if it's coming down btwn dennis and sixstrings (or me) then i'm voting six
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tedxtr wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:04 pm Pretty much all votes seem bad to me in some way if they’re villas

In a “yeah should’ve seen it but have no clue who to go for” way

Idk what you’re supposed to do in these situations
i don't have a ton of time to do one right now myself, but imo the correct way to approach this situation is a trustfall

who do you have the strongest reasons to townread and why? who is it the hardest to come up with believable reasons to townread?
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Me too, but I don't particularly feel like dying at the moment

If another wagon showed up I'd be happy to consider it
SixStrings

Post by SixStrings »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:35 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:16 pm Has six responded to the accusation that he's too aware of thread state? I've seen him around a bit but I don't think I've seen him respond to that specifically.
I do also think he's trying to soft his flavor with his PFP but that's pretty weak reasoning to not vote there.
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:22 pm it ....could be sixstrings. one thing that does make me worried about him is actually just how consensus-y/"agreeable" his reads were when he checked into the thread, even though he is clearly absent. i would expect a villager who is struggling to play or keep up with the game to not have many confident reads, but sixstrings had a readslist that was almost entirely in agreement with the consensus, which could indicate that he was being fed information by this team - this is the exact tell that i used to catch beggbow wayyy back in season 7 game 6
^^and ftr, this is still the main reason why i think it might be sixstrings, and why i haven't taken him out of my POE in spite of him having some posts that show a towny lack of self awareness

the lack of self awareness paired with sixstrings having extremely accurate, consensus, and good reas doesn't really align with how i would expect someone struggling with the game to play. if sixstrings is town then frankly i think his reads would probably just be a lot messier than they have been. his reads are good enough but im not sure i see much of a solving process behind them, which indicates to me that he might be playing with TMI
the main reason why i'm concerned about you being mafia is because in spite of the fact that you have barely been invested in this game (from what i can tell), your reads have been extremely aligned with the consensus and have shifted in alignment with the threadstate, which makes me worry that you are playing from a position of perfect information and not actually scumhunting
thank you for the response, yes i do often follow the consensus. i spend more time trying to understand the mindset and process of others with more experience. keep in mind that being new means i really don't get the nuances yet. reading wolf behavior doesn't seem as easy reading town; so following the consensus feels like the smarter way until i have a better grasp. This is game 3 for me of anything like this. the closest before would be a game of poker. Hopefully that explains the lack of solving comment.
also thank you for explaining. that perspective does definitely make sense to me, yeah

i guess the thing that confuses me about this explanation is that you are portraying yourself as someone who is just trying to follow the consensus and doesn't seem to grasp the nuances yet, but you are also portraying a high amount of confidence about me being mafia in spite of the fact that me being mafia isn't a consensus among the thread right now

so where is your conviction on me coming from? is it specifically because of kate? and do you see how your claimed lack of self-confidence in your own reads paired with the confidence that you are projecting on me being mafia comes off a little bit contradictory?
I've followed consensus that has followed my wife kate for the past days which has worked out well. I have no idea what the rest of the people chose today to not listen to her. That's the disconnect, i think.
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

SixStrings wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:12 pm
Dennis wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:24 pm Well, self pres is the main reason but I also don't mind if he goes over
Nice one son, hard to view either of these in a positive light. Moreover, it is clear that neither of your reasons provide support as to why I am more wolfy than others.

In my defense, I correctly voted to kill falcon and have been pretty resolute on SPF so far.
I've explained my thoughts on you in other posts

Are you trying to say voting you for self preservation is scummy? Because think about it, if I'm town, I know that and I don't know your alignment, therefore it's always better to kill someone else. If I'm wolf, obviously I don't want to die. My vote on you should really be read as NAI

I guess there is a bit of time left but these wagons are so stagnant, no one wants to move off so I feel stuck in this vote
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Dude the wolf is just gonna be something annoying like sig literally watch this happen
staypositivefriend
Hitman

@Dennis - if u had full control over the elimination rn, who would you kill?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

SixStrings wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:46 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:35 pm

I've followed consensus that has followed my wife kate for the past days which has worked out well. I have no idea what the rest of the people chose today to not listen to her. That's the disconnect, i think.
but you aren't just following the consensus - you are specifically projecting a high level of confidence about your read on me being correct, like in this post:
SixStrings wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 11:46 pm it seems staypositivefriend has led a charge against me. Seems that my SPF wolf suspicions are sound, else why lead a charge?
and to be clear, i don't think that it's wolfy for you to follow the consensus, nor do i think it's wolfy for you to think that i'm mafia. the thing that i'm concerned about is the dissonance between you saying: "i have no idea what is going on and i'm just sheeping other people" and you also acting very confident that your scumread has to be corrected
SixStrings

Post by SixStrings »

Dennis wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:42 pm

well kate was on the SPF trail which is why I remained also. So my question is wouldn't it be better to vote based on kate's suspicion of SPF and save yourself with less risk of a mistaken lynch on me?
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:50 pm @Dennis - if u had full control over the elimination rn, who would you kill?
Probably psv still
staypositivefriend
Hitman

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine

hmmmm
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

SixStrings wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:54 pm
Dennis wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:42 pm

well kate was on the SPF trail which is why I remained also. So my question is wouldn't it be better to vote based on kate's suspicion of SPF and save yourself with less risk of a mistaken lynch on me?
I have my own reads, I'm not just following Kate reads because she was right the first two times

I have been townreading SPF for more or less the entire game, and I don't think Kate's case was super compelling because I think she misunderstood what spf was saying. So while you are following consensus and that's whatever, I don't think it's really alignment indicative cause you're new, I have my own reasons to disagree
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:59 pm [VOTE: unvote] aubergine

hmmmm
Hmmmmm
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Hey @staypositivefriend Wanna jump psv with me
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Well actually that would put me as top wagon which I don't exactly want to do
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Dennis wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:47 pm Dude the wolf is just gonna be something annoying like sig literally watch this happen
sig has not left my radar

I did almost push us to vote sleep today

scummy af but I was just like, maybe we learn more from who the last scum decides to kill, since there's no consensus towncore atm (imo? or am I wrong? tell me who you think is towncore rn :3)
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

oh right there's no sleep option that's why I didn't bring it up :facepalm:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

idk i dont think i could really justify voting PSV right now
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

pyxxy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:03 pm
Dennis wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:47 pm Dude the wolf is just gonna be something annoying like sig literally watch this happen

scummy af but I was just like, maybe we learn more from who the last scum decides to kill, since there's no consensus towncore atm (imo? or am I wrong? tell me who you think is towncore rn :3)
Howdy pyxxy WAIT I DIDNT RESOOND TO YOUR CASE I'll do that in a minute

I think people I'd not vote today are:
Spf
Ted
Neon
Lemon

Is what I think :3
staypositivefriend
Hitman

@sig - are you here rn? i want to chat
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:04 pm idk i dont think i could really justify voting PSV right now
Umm you could just do it and then win and then we wouldn't have to explain it :D
staypositivefriend
Hitman

psv is technically in my POE but she felt towny when i was interacting with her in realtime last night and i think her specific defense of falcon would be a super uncanny angle for her to take if she was partners

so idk

not opposed to exploring different options today but i dont think i could vote psv in good conscience
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Actually I'm going to make that last part an official question for the thread ™:

Who do you have as towncore/townlock/firmly town right now, if anyone?

A possible venn diagram with:

If we're wrong today, who do you think the night kill will be?
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Re: Summer Sh*t Day 2

Post by Dennis »

pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:48 pm
Dennis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:02 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:08 pm
Dennis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:40 pm Okay so I'm top wagon which is CRINGE but I'm still struggling to see why I'm being voted, unless it is purely my votes being bad and looking bus-like(which admittedly they are)

If someone could put that into like one post or something, that would be great

Currently I'd be down to chop like, psv/pyxxy/six is kind of my remaining poe
mind going through each with a quick why?
What if you answered my question first
in my defense you didn't put a question mark on it and stuffed it inside what seemed like a rhetorical moment

for me, I'm voting you because both of your votes look bad + were opportunistic busses, which I think fits with what I perceive to be your comfort level of bussing for a seanzie/falcon scummate pair. both are experienced players and while falcon would be open to being bussed as needed, I doubt that that would have been the plan from SOD D2, thus the timing of your vote

the defense of your falcon vote is that 3 is not a confirmed death, but 4 is, and so putting falcon at 4 yesterday deserves at least some townie cred

the counter of the defense is that you and falcon are smart enough to know this. and so actually I would have found you way more townie if you never voted falcon / voted him really late in the day XD (please consider me in full WIFOM mode)

then D2 like I said I was surprised that you were afraid of me or at least unsure about how to read my slot. felt like we get along pretty well and yet the fear felt more serious, which I interpreted as scum you trying to sell the fear of me, rather than a more townie "lol pyxxy is spooky X.X he might be scum but like idk" vibe

another factor is that I wanted a wagon today and with Zenon already on you, I knew I could get one. I also still wanted to see you under some pressure today :)
Hmm okay

So votes and vibes (or tone or whatever you wanna call the "lol pyxxy is spooky" part), mostly

"I said I was surprised you were scared of me" but you said this:
pyxxy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:49 pm Dennis - I went and read his ISO in Tongue-Tied Mafia (https://mafiathesyndicate.com/search.ph ... 114&t=2498)
I haven't found scum Dennis yet and he's correct to be afraid of scum pyxxy. But something about the way he brought it up this game feels off.
"He's correct to be afraid of scum pyxxy" so uhm. What

Also, how have I fared under the pressure?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

pyxxy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:12 pm

Actually I'm going to make that last part an official question for the thread ™:

lemonfairy, dennis, ted neon roughly in that order
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

Lemonfairy is probably the nk if we're wrong
pyxxy
Racketeer

Re: Summer Sh*t Day 2

Post by pyxxy »

Dennis wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:13 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:48 pm
Dennis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:02 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:08 pm
Dennis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:40 pm Okay so I'm top wagon which is CRINGE but I'm still struggling to see why I'm being voted, unless it is purely my votes being bad and looking bus-like(which admittedly they are)

If someone could put that into like one post or something, that would be great

Currently I'd be down to chop like, psv/pyxxy/six is kind of my remaining poe
mind going through each with a quick why?
What if you answered my question first
in my defense you didn't put a question mark on it and stuffed it inside what seemed like a rhetorical moment

for me, I'm voting you because both of your votes look bad + were opportunistic busses, which I think fits with what I perceive to be your comfort level of bussing for a seanzie/falcon scummate pair. both are experienced players and while falcon would be open to being bussed as needed, I doubt that that would have been the plan from SOD D2, thus the timing of your vote

the defense of your falcon vote is that 3 is not a confirmed death, but 4 is, and so putting falcon at 4 yesterday deserves at least some townie cred

the counter of the defense is that you and falcon are smart enough to know this. and so actually I would have found you way more townie if you never voted falcon / voted him really late in the day XD (please consider me in full WIFOM mode)

then D2 like I said I was surprised that you were afraid of me or at least unsure about how to read my slot. felt like we get along pretty well and yet the fear felt more serious, which I interpreted as scum you trying to sell the fear of me, rather than a more townie "lol pyxxy is spooky X.X he might be scum but like idk" vibe

another factor is that I wanted a wagon today and with Zenon already on you, I knew I could get one. I also still wanted to see you under some pressure today :)
Hmm okay

So votes and vibes (or tone or whatever you wanna call the "lol pyxxy is spooky" part), mostly

"I said I was surprised you were scared of me" but you said this:
pyxxy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:49 pm Dennis - I went and read his ISO in Tongue-Tied Mafia (https://mafiathesyndicate.com/search.ph ... 114&t=2498)
I haven't found scum Dennis yet and he's correct to be afraid of scum pyxxy. But something about the way he brought it up this game feels off.
"He's correct to be afraid of scum pyxxy" so uhm. What

Also, how have I fared under the pressure?
ya done good, you're not freaking out which atm in my WIFOM sine wave I have as a townie vibe for you

I've been considering a switch off since waking up today but also I'm sure you can understand the desire to be right

count on me switching off you at some point with a chance to switch back
staypositivefriend
Hitman

who is ur top sr rn pyxxy?
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

@pyxxy why do you think you're living in wifom world atm?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:18 pm who is ur top sr rn pyxxy?
I don't feel like I have a strong enough scumread on anyone to call it top

I'm on dennis for reasons I've said before, I think Six is a valid choice, sig is kinda poe tinfoil for me

part of my open question is trying to form that consensus POE like you were trying to do

it does feel like if we can get to 3, we can go from there, but I also think there's value in clearly stating that we have varying towncores so that the nk becomes harder (if we're not right today)

I agree with dennis though I think lemonfairy dies tn if tn happens
staypositivefriend
Hitman

im considering just putting my vote back on sixstrings because im not really brave enough to flashwagon anyone else right now
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:24 pm im considering just putting my vote back on sixstrings because im not really brave enough to flashwagon anyone else right now
alternatively, we could let it rand for the memes
Dennis
Loan Shark
It’s my birthday

Post by Dennis »

pyxxy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:25 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:24 pm im considering just putting my vote back on sixstrings because im not really brave enough to flashwagon anyone else right now
woah woah woah hey now slow down there
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 173
Aka: lemlem, lemon, lemmy, lem

Post by Lemonfairy »

Dennis (3) sig, pyxxy, Neon
Six (3) Dennis, Ted, PSV
SPF (2) Six, Lemon
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

pyxxy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:25 pm
that's probably a bad idea but would be funny
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Dennis wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:15 pm

Lemonfairy is probably the nk if we're wrong
I would be honored to be chosen as the 3rd NK

Return to “Previous Hustles”