Scooby Doo: Monster Collective (GAME OVER- MAFIA WIN)

Moderator: Community Team

What next, gang?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:00 pm

DrWilgy
21%
falcon45ca
No votes
hollowkatt
No votes
RondoDimBuckle
7%
sig
No votes
Unvote
No votes
Hanna Barbera (host/mod/others)
71%

Total votes: 14
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 281

Re: Scooby Doo: Monster Collective (Day1)

Post by sig »

Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:16 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:13 pm My biggest issue is they’re anti voting off Scrappy and want to go after mafia, but haven’t really gone after mafia just engaged on the Scrappy piece.
More than likely that there is scum inside the group of people who were so adament on scrappy being the d1 elimination.

Also what slip? I explained that I hadn't fully read my role pm until someone mentioned their flavor match their location, which when i double checked realizing the same thing.

Pxxy seems to think it was a slip, frankly i skimmed then ignored the convo since that style of mechish talk bores me
ImageImage
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:16 pm By EOD I’d like some mafia hunting (but not at me since I’m super duper mega town and too lazy to defend myself)
you do understand that by pushing a 3p d1 you are actively limiting the mafia hunting that's going on d1/2 etc. wagons are important and in an 18p setup that is role madness we almost surely have killpower. wagon mafia and scrappy eats a town nightkill
Chihiro
The Mark
Posts in topic: 219
Aka: ChadMD

Post by Chihiro »

Yeah well how do you think i felt, being called scum because my role pm felt off compared to Pxxy.

Anyways I dont wanna keep spamming until more people show up.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

lucy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:19 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:16 pm By EOD I’d like some mafia hunting (but not at me since I’m super duper mega town and too lazy to defend myself)
you do understand that by pushing a 3p d1 you are actively limiting the mafia hunting that's going on d1/2 etc. wagons are important and in an 18p setup that is role madness we almost surely have killpower. wagon mafia and scrappy eats a town nightkill

I’ve had this argument all throughout D0 and I’m sticking to my guns.

Best case it’s a 3P I’m still not convinced given the flavor it isn’t a mafia sock account since everyone is just taking the sock at face value when we know for a fact the gang is mafia.

If it’s a 3P it’s already slyly attempted to drop hints to mafia team then came right out and said they’d support mafia.

This isn’t a pro Town slot, there is zero ways this is a pro town slot, and the longer we let it fester the bigger an issue it’ll be.

M
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 166

Post by DrWilgy »

pyxxy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:07 pm Yay for town working together even if it was in the shadows

I still find you sus tho Chihiro, sorry
[VOTE: Chihiro] aubergine
So what did this fine fellow do? Please explain.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:16 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:13 pm My biggest issue is they’re anti voting off Scrappy and want to go after mafia, but haven’t really gone after mafia just engaged on the Scrappy piece.
More than likely that there is scum inside the group of people who were so adament on scrappy being the d1 elimination.

Also what slip? I explained that I hadn't fully read my role pm until someone mentioned their flavor match their location, which when i double checked realizing the same thing.
And who were these players that wanted to yeet the puppet?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Is Scrappy the general discussion point?

Does the above make you agree with Chihiro's concern towards the pro scrappy yeet party?
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also I 100% disagree with the theory that mafia would even be among those pushing for Scrappy

SOMEONE WHOS SAYINT THEY’LL SCUM SIDE

Like I’m baffled that so many ppl are shrugging at this or just going “well the slot was being pressured so it makes sense”

If that was the case then every town who ever gets pressured would just self vote or kamikaze town
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Just a general vibe, wouldn't it be kinda bad if Scrappy was designed as a mechanic then we were told to solve said mechanic and the optimal solution is to just yeet the mechanic?

Like that just feels like it would be a weird game state to be in at any point.
Image Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:22 pm
pyxxy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:07 pm Yay for town working together even if it was in the shadows

condensed
viewtopic.php?p=1024242#p1024242
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:22 pm

Best case it’s a 3P I’m still not convinced given the flavor it isn’t a mafia sock account since everyone is just taking the sock at face value when we know for a fact the gang is mafia.

If it’s a 3P it’s already slyly attempted to drop hints to mafia team then came right out and said they’d support mafia.

This isn’t a pro Town slot, there is zero ways this is a pro town slot, and the longer we let it fester the bigger an issue it’ll be.

M
Reason this arguement doesn't hold up for me is:
1.Mechanically this just stupid cause it immediatly links the account to mafia
2.Scrappy was literally a villain in the first film?????? So why cant he be apart of the monsters side.

Also wasting the entirety of day 1 on eliminating scrappy who basically just a puppet doesn't push town wincon forward at all or give us any new info going into d2. We would essentially be voting off a ghost slot.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

M
that's not my argument, my argument is that stagnant wagons d1 greatly greatly harm villagers ability to hunt especially on a fucking third party. we almost assuredly have kill power.

your argument that we should kill it d1 instead of letting town kp kill it is very anti town because stagnant wagons -> nobody becomes obv villa in mid/late game off d1 wagons

why should we not let town killpower kill them n1? and there is no functional between 3p dying n1 and d1 according to your logic. the important distinction is that our wagons might catch villagers and wolves instead of being stuck on third party

i don't trust you at all after cartomancy even if you feel justified in your actions, this train of thought is anti town
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

pyxxy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:27 pm

condensed
Hmmm...

I like this. [VOTE: Chihiro] aubergine.

Also turns out votes are changeable, so that's nice.
Image Image Image
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

If we let a wagon stagnate, espically one that isn't going to flip mafia essentially we let mafia just slide by for the day. So pressure should be applied to others during the day.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

lucy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:28 pm

M
that's not my argument, my argument is that stagnant wagons d1 greatly greatly harm villagers ability to hunt especially on a fucking third party. we almost assuredly have kill power.

your argument that we should kill it d1 instead of letting town kp kill it is very anti town because stagnant wagons -> nobody becomes obv villa in mid/late game off d1 wagons

why should we not let town killpower kill them n1? and there is no functional between 3p dying n1 and d1 according to your logic. the important distinction is that our wagons might catch villagers and wolves instead of being stuck on third party

i don't trust you at all after cartomancy even if you feel justified in your actions, this train of thought is anti town

I was town in cartoonmancy? So that doesn’t make any sense.

We don’t know if a town kp exists so I think leaving it up to them is a bad move.

Again you’re ignoring that there’s no proof this is third Larry
ImageImage
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:30 pm

condensed
Hmmm...

Ignoring my thoughts on the post, isn't very pro town. Like I explained my own progression.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:28 pm

M
2.Scrappy was literally a villain in the first film?????? So why cant he be apart of the monsters side.

Also wasting the entirety of day 1 on eliminating scrappy who basically just a puppet doesn't push town wincon forward at all or give us any new info going into d2. We would essentially be voting off a ghost slot.
Except they count toward everything and are being anti town

I’ve yet to see a single solid reason to leave them alive.

The people advocating for it are just ignoring that scrappy is willing to Scum side which is dumb while also believing they’re third party.

Am I saying vote and do nothing else? No, but to discount an anti town wgaon for no solid reason isn’t Pro town
ImageImage
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

Mechanically speaking Third Parties possible should always mean that their existance is confirmed, otherwise, this game is bastard. Telling us its possible they exist but then not having any to me is false information. Where I come from games don't include this unless 3rd party exist, they don't say they may or may not exist.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:31 pm I was town in cartoonmancy? So that doesn’t make any sense.

We don’t know if a town kp exists so I think leaving it up to them is a bad move.

1) you played so very anti town you were doing mafias work for them, same as you're doing here
2) it's obviously third party
3) there's almost certainly town kp in an 18 player setup

you just don't have much credibility with me at all. and you objectively are pushing an anti town agenda but you don't know any better
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:33 pm
Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:28 pm

M

Except they count toward everything and are being anti town

I’ve yet to see a single solid reason to leave them alive.

The people advocating for it are just ignoring that scrappy is willing to Scum side which is dumb while also believing they’re third party.

Am I saying vote and do nothing else? No, but to discount an anti town wgaon for no solid reason isn’t Pro town
And whats to stop mafia from also coming into this thread and advocating it? Like think about it for a second, if scrappy such an easy option mafia get a free day and you literally don't seem to care. For all we know scrappy isn't mafia, cause the only info we've been provided by them is that they are 3rd party.

If we have confirmation their is some 3rd party that doesn't win with town sure, but i ain't a player that just yeets a 3rd party cause they claimed survivor under like some pretense that they are serial killer/werewolf.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

@sig

i will make this abundantly clear, you are being anti town and you don't actually know any better

what you are doing is anti town and extremely poor town play

the majority of the playerlist will ignore you because your argument is subpar and anti town

you are incorrect here even if you believe otherwise
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:31 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:30 pm

condensed
Hmmm...

Ignoring my thoughts on the post, isn't very pro town. Like I explained my own progression.
Are you advising that I am not pro town? I feel that this has been horrendously implied by my own points of 'I'm not feeling it' and further really don't feel like scouring the 8 pages that happened during N0 of a Racket.

By all means bury a wolf in front of me more so than what Pyxxy has provided on you and I may vote there if I find it sensible, just as I did with the mentioned suspicion on you.

If it's any consolation, I do find myself in agreement with both what you and Lucy are advising on Scrappy for now. If we don't know so much about the mechanics of the puppet, it doesn't make sense for the pro town answer to the puppet to just yeet it. Why would a game be designed to present slightly obfuscated mechanic, however it's still presented just for the answer to be 'break it immediately'. Feels like the type of adventurer who would do this would succumb to the attack of a mimic every single time.
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

lucy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:39 pm @sig

i will make this abundantly clear, you are being anti town and you don't actually know any better

the majority of the playerlist will ignore you because your argument is subpar and anti town

lucy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:37 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:31 pm I was town in cartoonmancy? So that doesn’t make any sense.

1) you played so very anti town you were doing mafias work for them, same as you're doing here
2) it's obviously third party
3) there's almost certainly town kp in an 18 player setup

you just don't have much credibility with me at all. and you objectively are pushing an anti town agenda but you don't know any better

The fact you can’t get over an old game is ridiculous especially when quite honestly you didn’t play that well. In fact whats ironic is everything you’re saying will happen to me this game happened to you last game.

It’s also ridiculous to just discount a player since they didn’t blindly follow your orders when you had zero real info.

I’m not sure if you’re just being a salty towny or mafia but if anything you’re the one being anti town right now by dragging old games into it to essentially fulfill a personal vendetta
ImageImage
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

Attack the posts not the player, I don't think I need to make that anymore clearer.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:43 pm Attack the posts not the player, I don't think I need to make that anymore clearer.
i am???
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

And if anything ignoring an openly scum siding third party is anti town.

In fact you’re straight up pretending as if they didn’t threaten town. If you do the following I’ll drop it

1. Acknowledge they’re being anti town or at least were

2. Say why it’s logically to leave them alive. And no saying a town kp will take care of them isn’t a good reason

3. Tell me what your limit is? What does the sock need to do for you to agree they’re being anti town and fulfilling their own threat?
ImageImage
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

Where was another game mentioned, did I miss something?
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:42 pm The fact you can’t get over an old game is ridiculous especially when quite honestly you didn’t play that well. In fact whats ironic is everything you’re saying will happen to me this game happened to you last game.

It’s also ridiculous to just discount a player since they didn’t blindly follow your orders when you had zero real info.

I’m not sure if you’re just being a salty towny or mafia but if anything you’re the one being anti town right now by dragging old games into it to essentially fulfill a personal vendetta
you are blatantly and egregiously wrong and are being pro mafia

ima do something else though cya
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

lucy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:44 pm
Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:43 pm Attack the posts not the player, I don't think I need to make that anymore clearer.
i am???
THIS WASN"T EVEN DIRECTED AT YOU???? I posted it after sigs post you doofus lol
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

Ill make this clear, since sig and prxxy don't seem to get it.

Scrappy was being pro town and despite all of them you both kept pushing them to be evil, so the use the whole siding with mafia to justify your view on them is quite silly.

The slot deliberatly tried to explain they can help town and everytime they did they were shut down because "Your third party you need to die"
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:45 pm Where was another game mentioned, did I miss something?
Lucy is referring to Cartoonmancy above

Essentially she claimed an unkillable town role, she was said role but then attempted to lead town without any mech knowledge.

She got mad and is apparently still mad that I refused to blindly follow her. I 100% stand by that decision and I wasn’t the only player who didn’t do what she said. It’s just a running vendetta.

Also since she wants to rehash this every one of her reads was wrong until she got info, which she then dumped resulting in the game ending early since there was a no info dumping rule in place.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:47 pm Ill make this clear, since sig and prxxy don't seem to get it.

Scrappy was being pro town and despite all of them you both kept pushing them to be evil, so the use the whole siding with mafia to justify your view on them is quite silly.

The slot deliberatly tried to explain they can help town and everytime they did they were shut down because "Your third party you need to die"
Are you scrappy and mad people pressured you?

Since I 100% read the “pro town” posts as being mafia signaling.
ImageImage
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

So don't sit here an argue that the siding with mafia stuff is worth a vote, cause they fucking tried to get people to leave them and yall actively refused. The moment that slot claimed 3rd party half the playerlist didn't give a fucking damn rat ass that the slot could win with town, only agenda on their mind was policy elimination.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

yeah cya in like 24h, don't lynch scrappy since it's so fucking anti town HOLY FUCK
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:48 pm
Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:47 pm Ill make this clear, since sig and prxxy don't seem to get it.

at this point your stuck in a tunnel, so I don't expect you to change your view because your probably in that mindset that anything scrappy says is evil and pushing an agenda that they wanna side with mafia.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine

literally more mafia aligned than literal 3p LMAO
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

i reiterate any one that currently would rather the 3rd party flip on d1 than something that has a chance to flip mafia is scum aligned.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:50 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:48 pm

at this point your stuck in a tunnel, so I don't expect you to change your view because your probably in that mindset that anything scrappy says is evil and pushing an agenda that they wanna side with mafia.

Yea you’re not wrong, I’m very happy in this tunnel though so I don’t plan to leave :p

I will to not clog the thread move on from the scrappy discussion after reiterating once again that both you and Lucy seem to have no problem ignoring or just casually brushing off how quickly someone is willing to mafia side

That’s extremely problematic for the slot. If they hadn’t so willingly and so quickly gone that route I’d not be pursuing it.

Also sorry it isn’t going to fly that we should feel bad for the slot being pressured a bit. That’s how the game works if they can’t handle it they shouldn’t be playing mafia. It’s that simple
ImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

7f2.jpg
7f2.jpg (56.87 KiB) Viewed 796 times
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

lucy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:51 pm [VOTE: Sig] aubergine

literally more mafia aligned than literal 3p LMAO
You’re supposed to leave past games in the past you’re unwilling to do that so whatever.

:shrug:

I’m leaning town toward you but again just like Cartoon you’ve gotta prove your reads if you want people to listen which you aren’t doing. You’re just being overly aggressive to people and acting salty
ImageImage
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:54 pm I will to not clog the thread move on from the scrappy discussion after reiterating once again that both you and Lucy seem to have no problem ignoring or just casually brushing off how quickly someone is willing to mafia side
Cause at the end of the day the slot isn't mafia, we know this because they would have just claimed town. The fact that they were truthful from the beginning meant they wanted to town side.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:56 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:54 pm I will to not clog the thread move on from the scrappy discussion after reiterating once again that both you and Lucy seem to have no problem ignoring or just casually brushing off how quickly someone is willing to mafia side
Cause at the end of the day the slot isn't mafia, we know this because they would have just claimed town. The fact that they were truthful from the beginning meant they wanted to town side.
I don’t agree, but look if the majority wants to move in another direction I’ll put a pin in this for now.

Having said that I’ll ask the same thing I asked Lucy,

At what point will enough be enough with the sock where you’re willing to say they’re not town siding anymore
ImageImage
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:59 pm At what point will enough be enough with the sock where you’re willing to say they’re not town siding anymore
I would never vote the slot on d1, so doesn't matter.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:02 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:59 pm At what point will enough be enough with the sock where you’re willing to say they’re not town siding anymore
I would never vote the slot on d1, so doesn't matter.
So you’re just opposed to a d1 vote off?

Since here’s the scenario I see, we let them slide day 1 they do nothing to help town, and we get to a point of no return where they screw up the entire game for us. Whether that’s scum siding 100% or just having some sort of general anti town power.

Like I said this has happened so many times throughout my mafia career that we can’t just brush off oh they’re third party let’s leave them alone. It at least needs to be a discussion
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

also @Jackofhearts2005 im very unhappy you didn’t say hello to me

Also also I’m pretty sure you lead a misvote on me last game or vigged me so like IOU one death :p
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 273
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:35 pm Mechanically speaking Third Parties possible should always mean that their existance is confirmed, otherwise, this game is bastard. Telling us its possible they exist but then not having any to me is false information. Where I come from games don't include this unless 3rd party exist, they don't say they may or may not exist.
3rd parties might exist does not mean they have to exist and the host is not lying to you regardless of their existence or not...
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

lucy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:39 pm @sig

Call me anti town nite

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Now*

ImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Part of me is like

“Sig there’s a post count get serious and don’t start fluff posting nonesnese”

Buuuuut the other part is like :omg: :omg: :shrug: :shifty: :omg: :shrug:

Since nobody else is around I think I’ll go with option two :noble:
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Blindly trusting that a 3P has town interests at heart because they claimed it early AF is pretty lol frankly.

In fact in exclaiming how towny they will be instead of just blindly showing it and than exclaiming they will not be towny if pushed they've played their hand and proven that in fact they are always anti town. But you do you

ImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”