Pickleville (Proposed Classic Game Serial)

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1

Pickleville (Proposed Classic Game Serial)

Post by G-Man »

The recent setup of a smaller game style here makes it advantageous for me to dust off something that has been sitting on the back burner for quite a while. I first proposed this in one of the few posts I made on Revolution Mafia. Here's the long and the short of it:

Small town life has many interesting stories to tell and secrets to hide. Little by little, I've been developing characters to populate a small town. I'm still trying to figure out the optimal size but I have a few real towns in mind to base the geography on. The total population will be somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 people. All of them will have names, residences in the town, and at least a basic backstory. Family trees, relationships, rivalries, people moving in, people moving out- all of this stuff will ebb and flow between games and come to surface during games.

Each game will be, in essence, a murder mystery. Up to 13 members of the town will be involved in the game. All of them will be suspects. At the start of the game, the roles will be listed but I will not tell you who the bad guys are or how many there are. There will still be the standard mafia baddie hunting but those playing the game will (hopefully) get a sense of intrigue as they wait to see who the bad guys are and what their motives were for being involved in the opening kill. Even the baddie players will not know their motives at the start of the game- they will just know that they are bad.

As a twist, if the baddies win, the truth may not be revealed. It may, however, come to light in bits and pieces over future installments. While I am on my baby hiatus, I'll keep working on picking a location and populating the town. This small-game serial (I believe I called it a mafia soap opera on RM) could be fun for those of you who like to follow long-range story arcs. Each game will build on the last in that events of one game change the town and the attitudes of the people in it. I will try to provide between-game content to highlight things like new arrivals and other departures. After a few games get things established, I may even let others take the reins and host installments.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward

Re: Pickleville (Proposed Classic Game Serial)

Post by Golden »

Fantastic. Love this idea.

I'm intending my 'Lost Again' to be a series of 6, but this takes the idea to new levels. It's awesome.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

It should happen in Truckee. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

This sounds like a really good idea, I've never seen a concept like this before and I think it would be good.

What happens hypothetical if the murders keeps winning and the town is left only with the murders?
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man, this sounds awesomely epic. :clap:

Consider me very intrigued!

Return to “The Basement”