Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 12

Masters of the Universe Mafia [FULL GAME][PLAYED]

Post by Epignosis »

Civilians

The Eternians

Prince Adam / He-Man - Each night, Prince Adam must decide whether or not to transform into He-Man. As Prince Adam, he has no abilities. As He-Man, he role blocks any player that night and cannot be lynched the following day. He is limited to three transformations.

Man-at-Arms - Duncan is a master of technology. He is working on a “Role-Finder” device that can discover the role of any player once per day. Initially, it has a 10% success rate. Each time it fails, Duncan tweaks the machine, and increases the success rate by 2%. Has BTSC with Teela and Orko.

Teela - Submits a player’s name each night and guards that person against lynching the following day. Has BTSC with Man-at-Arms and Orko.

Orko - The silly court magician, Orko tries to help his friends, but sometimes just doesn’t get it right. He casts a spell to either boost Man-at-Arms’ technical research by 3% (80% success rate) or help Teela protect the innocent from lynching by enabling her to submit a second name (70% success rate). If the spell fails, Orko silences a random player. Has BTSC with Man-at-Arms and Teela.

Man-E-Faces - Each night, Man-E-Faces must choose whether to be a human (no effect), a robot (may attempt a role check at a 60% success rate while doubling the number of lynch votes for himself the next day) or a monster (may attempt a night kill at a 40% success rate while quadrupling the number of lynch votes for himself the next day).

Ram Man - Uses his brute force to ram into any player, role blocking that person for the night.

Fisto - Uses his mighty gauntlet to deliver a punch to any player, role blocking that person for the night.

Moss Man - The master of camouflage blends into his environment. He can never be lynched.

Stratos - The prince of the skies may swoop in on two occasions to rescue someone from a night kill.

Sy-Klone - Sy-Klone may generate a tornado that redirects his target’s night action. If the target has no night action, the whirlwind fails.

Mekanek - Uses his bionic neck to search for allies. If he finds an Eternian, he establishes BTSC with that player. Has BTSC with Buzz Off.

Buzz-Off - Uses his flight to spy on others. The buzzing hero selects two players and will discover if they share BTSC. Has BTSC with Mekanek.

The Etherians

Princess Adora / She-Ra - Each night, Princess Adora must decide whether or not to transform into She-Ra. As Princess Adora, she has no abilities. As She-Ra, she role blocks any player that night and cannot be lynched the following day. She is limited to three transformations.

Glimmer - Glimmer- The leader of the Great Rebellion sheds light on situations. Whenever she is targeted, she will know by whom. Has BTSC with Bow and Madame Razz.

Bow - Scouts for a member of The Horde each night. If he finds one, he shoots an arrow and role blocks the player. If he finds Princess Adora, he recruits her, earning BTSC. Has BTSC with Glimmer and Madame Razz.

Madame Razz - The loveable witch from Whispering Woods can conjure a spell to help her friends. She often messes up, but she means well. Has BTSC with Glimmer and Bow. (Secrets)

Snake Mountain
Kills every odd night.

Skeletor - The evil lord of destruction may use his Havoc Staff to place a hex on any player. While under Skeletor’s power, the target must vote during the day phase as Skeletor directs; the curse lasts two day periods.

Evil-Lyn - Wicked illusionist and Skeletor's right hand (Secrets).

Beast Man - Skeletor’s furry henchman kidnaps one player each night and brutally interrogates them regarding any previous night action. That player’s night action from the chosen night will be known to Beast Man.

Merman - Merman will search the waterways each night for treasure and magical relics. His base chance to find something is 10%, but because Merman is nervous and does not wish to displease his master, it increases 6% for each lynch vote Snake Mountain receives.

Tri-Klops - Each night, Tri-Klops may choose an eye to see with (Circle, Triangle, or Square). The Circle enables Distavision, which allows Tri-Klops to see something from afar (he can see what votes during the following day phase are manipulated). The Triangle enables Nightvision, which allows Tri-Klops to see something that happened at night. The Square enables Gammavision, which allows Tri-Klops to see around things (thus finding a way around a situation and canceling out one role block against Snake Mountain). Each eye must charge two nights before being used again.

Trap Jaw - Each night, Trap Jaw may choose an arm to use (Stunner, Hook, or Magnifier). The stunner renders a player useless for the next day. The hook parries any night action taken against Trap Jaw. The Magnifier doubles Trap Jaw’s lynch vote for the following day. Unlike Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw may use any arm he wishes on any given night.

The Horde
Kills every even night.

Hordak - The ruthless leader of the evil Horde may fire his arm cannon, taking a 20% shot at killing the targeted player outright. Alternatively, Hordak may spend his night studying science, possibly producing a piece of technology that the Horde may utilize. The success rate depends on the item’s greatness: A simple technology has an 80% chance of success. A moderate technology has a 60% chance of success. A powerful technology has a 40% chance of success.

Shadow Weaver - Mistress of dark tidings (Secrets)

Leech - Targets one player each night, and adopts their known night power for the next night. If there is no known night power, the drain fails. Leech must use this power before attempting to drain another player.

Mantenna - Pops out his eyes each night and uses his stun beam to stun someone, rendering that player useless for the next day. Alternatively, he can use his eyes to spy on someone, discovering if that player was manipulated in any way on the previous day.

Grizzlor - Can jail one player each night, rendering that player useless the next day. Alternatively, he can work with Hordak in the development of a new technology, giving Hordak a 9% technology bonus for that night.

Modulok - Grows more powerful the longer he fights! (Secrets)

Individuals

The Sorceress - The Protector of Castle Grayskull, The Sorceress uses her mystical power to guard against the forces of evil. She perishes if all the Eternians are slain. (Secrets)

Zodac - The Cosmic Enforcer (Secrets)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by reywaS »

YES!!!!
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Are you going strictly with the movie for inspiration, or will you be drawing from the entire He Man universe?
Some day, Some day
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Get me an outline with roles by a week from Weds, and we can get you in the poll :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

reywaS wrote:Are you going strictly with the movie for inspiration, or will you be drawing from the entire He Man universe?
I like the movie, but screw that!

Masters of the Universe offers us multiple bad guys-

Snake Mountain (Skeletor and his henchmen)

The Fright Zone (Hordak and his henchmen)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thirty roles. What do you think?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Masters of the Universe Mafia [FULL GAME]

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I'm really impressed. For someone who's still in the middle of his first mafia game, you did an extremely good job. I can't wait to play this one! :D
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I'm really impressed. For someone who's still in the middle of his first mafia game, you did an extremely good job. I can't wait to play this one! :D
*Ahem*

My second Mafia game, thank you very much!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

PLEASE tell me this is going into the poll. PLEASE :D
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

game looks great!
Some day, Some day
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:PLEASE tell me this is going into the poll. PLEASE :D
It is ready to go (If I am!).

I may make a few adjustments, but, believe me, I have some great stories worked up, and some not-so-insignificant surprises also!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I just have to say, this looks awesome!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thanks- I'm hoping to do what the film industry will not, and that is this: Bring an adult-worthy feel to the world of this 1980s Saturday morning staple.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Looks pretty cool Robert! Here are some thoughts/questionsi have as I was reading it...

Stratos - what are the mechanics of this role? Do you tell him who the baddies are night killing and he chooses whether or not to save them, or does he decide whether or not to save someone without knowing who the layer is he is saving? If it is the first one you may want to consider the fact a mechanic like that can push back the end time for your night phases. I have had roles like that and found that frequently I am waiting to hear back form someone becaus elf the way I created the roles, and so it keeps pushing the night end father and farther back which tends to frustrate the players. Just a heads up. If its the second one then that won't even be an issue, lol

Sy-Klone - is he redirecting the night targets for the night he targets them with his whirlwind or the following night?

Merman - is it increased by 6% for the remainder of the game or just for the night following the day he received the vote(s)?

Trap Jaw - "renders a player useless" what exactly does this mean? Silenced, nullify their vote, both? Or maybe something completely different I am not thinking of, lol. The same question applies to Mantenna and Grizzlor.

Leech - what do you mean by known power?

I think those are all the questions I have as I read it. It looks pretty interesting, especially with such large Baddie teams offset by a fair amount of Civ BTSC. It will be fun to see how it plays out. Well done!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:Looks pretty cool Robert! Here are some thoughts/questionsi have as I was reading it...

Stratos - what are the mechanics of this role? Do you tell him who the baddies are night killing and he chooses whether or not to save them, or does he decide whether or not to save someone without knowing who the layer is he is saving? If it is the first one you may want to consider the fact a mechanic like that can push back the end time for your night phases. I have had roles like that and found that frequently I am waiting to hear back form someone becaus elf the way I created the roles, and so it keeps pushing the night end father and farther back which tends to frustrate the players. Just a heads up. If its the second one then that won't even be an issue, lol

Sy-Klone - is he redirecting the night targets for the night he targets them with his whirlwind or the following night?

Merman - is it increased by 6% for the remainder of the game or just for the night following the day he received the vote(s)?

Trap Jaw - "renders a player useless" what exactly does this mean? Silenced, nullify their vote, both? Or maybe something completely different I am not thinking of, lol. The same question applies to Mantenna and Grizzlor.

Leech - what do you mean by known power?

I think those are all the questions I have as I read it. It looks pretty interesting, especially with such large Baddie teams offset by a fair amount of Civ BTSC. It will be fun to see how it plays out. Well done!
Thank you for the criticism! If I answer it unsatisfactorily, please respond.

Stratos- It is the second scenario- the player PMs me on Night X and says "I want to stop the night kill."

Sy-Klone PMs during the day.

Merman- Only for the turn. Day lynches = bonuses for Merman.

"Renders a player useless" means they cannot participate in any way during the day. No speaking, no lynching, no night action, etc. They have BTSC still, but that's only because I cannot regulate it.

Leech cannot take a secret power.

If anything is still confusing, please respond. That would be helpful to me.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

No that made just about everything clearer. So a player being rendered useless lasts one entire day/night cycle, yes?

And I was not trying to criticize, just clarifying things I was unclear about. :)

Awesome first game you have here.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:No that made just about everything clearer. So a player being rendered useless lasts one entire day/night cycle, yes?

And I was not trying to criticize, just clarifying things I was unclear about. :)

Awesome first game you have here.
"Useless" means you are out for day only- no vote, can't talk, etc. Not out for the night.

Gosh, thanks for your questions- they do help me!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am having an absolute blast creating this. I am bursting with new ideas for night polls and the like.

I should curse you all for taking my attention away from my novel!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Creativity is creativity~ and enthusiasm is awesome :D

And good thing that you are ready to go, since as of now you are leading the poll :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You 80s children:

Expect amazing vehicles!

Actual battles that you must choose whether or not to be a part of!

Going from place to place in Eternia!

Batteries not included!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Behold! The map of Eternia we shall use to undertake our journey:

http://www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk/wundarmap.jpg

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

By the way, the link is a larger version of the map you can zoom in on.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:By the way, the link is a larger version of the map you can zoom in on.
That is awesome. I am stoked for this!

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”