[SIGN-UPs] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Are you a hero or a villain?

I want to save the world!!!! (Yes, I am playing)
87%
I want to destroy the world!!! (No, I am out)
9%
Meh. My feelings on the world are nonexistent. (Replacement)
4%

Total votes: 23
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

[SIGN-UPs] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Super Meat Boy

ROLES

Heroes (14)

Meat Boy – The game’s protagonist who tries to save his love from the evil Dr. Fetus. Every night he travels through a level, searching for Bandage Girl; if he finds her, he forces Dr. Fetus to flee to another world. Meat Boy is very fast and jumps normally. He hates saws!

Bandage Girl – The unfortunate captive victim of Dr. Fetus, she awaits rescue by Meat Boy, but may instead be found by someone else. If Dr. Fetus is defeated at Chapter 6: The End, she finally regains her abilities, which are very similar to Meat Boy's. Until then, she has no day or night ability, but also cannot be killed because she remains in Dr. Fetus’s possession.

Commander Video – From Bit.Trip, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Commander Video is very slow, but has the ability to hover in the air, increasing his jump distance.

Goo Ball – From World of Goo, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Goo Ball is slow and jumps normally, but can stick to walls or ceilings, a unique and very helpful trait. However, its success can be erratic.

Jill – From Mighty Jill Off, she assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Jill is slow and jumps normally, but can descend at a slower speed than many others, allowing for easier damage control.

Alien Hominid – From Alien Hominid, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Alien Hominid has normal speed, but can choose to boost his jumps, allowing him a huge advantage over enemies. However, after boosting, he must wait another night to do so again, and his regular jump is lackluster.

Ogmo – From Jumper, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Ogmo has normal speed and lackluster jumping ability, but can double jump.

Flywrench – From Flywrench, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Flywrench is slow, given his odd shape. He can hug a wall, vertically moving up it with ease, and additionally is able to triple jump. However, his jump worsens with each jump, and he falls faster than any other character, making it very difficult for damage control. Consequently, he has perhaps the most erratic success of any of the heroes.

Captain Viridian – From VVVVVV, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Captain Viridian is slow and jumps normally. He has the unique ability to shift gravity, causing chaos for unsuspecting attackers, but his ability to control exactly how and when it shifts is sometimes beyond his control.

Tim – From Braid, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Tim is fast and jumps normally. He additionally has the ability to shift the fabric of time itself on two occasions, if he believes the heroes are in danger.

Pink Knight – From Castle Crashers, she assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Pink Knight has normal speed and a lackluster regular jump, but can flutter in the air while jumping, providing the extra distance necessary to evade disaster.

Steve – From Minecraft, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Steve has normal speed, but a terrible jump. However, he can shift around blocks in the levels, vastly increasing the chance of an enemy’s failure to harm him.

Tofu Boy – From 'Super Tofu Boy', he “assists” Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level, but in reality only does so to prove to himself how awesome he is after completing a level. Because of a major iron deficiency, he is very slow and has a very terrible jump, rendering him completely useless. If his ego is ever bruised, he consequently suffers severe psychological issues, becoming suicidal.

Meat Ninja – He assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. He is very similar to Meat Boy, running very fast and jumping normally, but has an additional ability to avoid imminent danger. Every time he fears he is close to death, he will attempt to survive via teleport, an ability that is unpredictable in success.

Villains (4)

Dr. Fetus – The game’s antagonist, Dr. Fetus, is truly evil. Every night, he hides Bandage Girl within a level that he has engineered to kill or confuse his enemies; he must choose which level by the end of each day period. If she is found, he flees to another world, altering the landscape of the game. When the players are in Chapter 1: The Forest, Dr. Fetus selects a target every night to chase in his Lil’ Slugger. When the players are in Chapter 3: The Salt Factory, Dr. Fetus selects a target every night for Brownie to race. Once Chapter 6: The End is reached, Dr. Fetus chooses a player to face in the final boss battle at his castle. Until then, Dr. Fetus cannot be killed.

C.H.A.D. – An animated mass of blood and tissue that confronts any intruders at the Hospital. When the players are in Chapter 2: Hospital, C.H.A.D. selects a target every night to attack. C.H.A.D. is very fast and his attack is brutal.

Little Horn – A giant shadow monster from Hell that resembles Meat Boy, this villain grows strength from the failure of others. When the players are in Chapter 4: Hell, Little Horn selects a target every night to attack. Little Horn's speed starts as normal, but grows faster with every player's death; similarly, his attack grows more powerful with every player's fatigue.

Larries Lament – A collective of three giant maggots that burrow in the ground, waiting for prey to attack. When the players are in Chapter 5: Rapture, Larries Lament selects anywhere from one to three targets every night to attack. Each of the three maggots is very slow, but combined they can do lethal damage.

Independent (1)

Brownie – Designed to look like Meat Boy, but instead composed of fecal matter, Brownie hates to race (but Dr. Fetus makes him anyway). When the players are in Chapter 3: The Salt Factory, Brownie races a challenger, selected by Dr. Fetus, hoping to beat them in order to avoid death. If the opponent defeats Brownie, they can choose to help him from death or to let him die. If Brownie defeats the opponent, he has the same decision to make. As Brownie is designed like Meat Boy, he is very fast and has a normal jump.

Players (19 of 19):
Epignosis
insertnamehere
birdwithteeth11
Jigsaw
Spacedaisy
Boomslang
Vompatti
wrathofgod
A Person
Hedgeowl
Mongoose
Nevinera
Dom
DisgruntledPorcupine
Flyin' High
Elohcin
thellama73
Devin the Omniscient
Lizzy

Replacements (1):
Roxy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [SIGN-UPs] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

DYNAMICS

• There are no standard lynches this game. Instead, each player has a certain number of lives. Each vote received equates to one lost life. Once a player hits zero lives, they die.
• A player's speed determines their lives.
• A player's jump determines their attack evasion skills (if they are a hero). A player's attack determines the effectiveness of their night kill (if they are a villain).
• A specific combination of both speed and jump applies to races with Brownie.
• A player's special ability beyond speed or jump often assists their jump (attack evasion) but may also have other effects (such as Tim's time manipulation).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Note:

This game will not begin until Friday, November 8th, because I will be on vacation from the 3rd-7th. With that said, I'd love to get the game full by the time I come back, so we can go straight into some meat splattering mafia action!!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Epignosis »

I voted No.

No, I will not be modding this.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hilariously enough, I've already been Dr. Fetus.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Glad to see you jump right in, good sir!

And I suppose your previous endeavor has given you plenty of experience in flipping off your opponents then. You should be all set!
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by insertnamehere »

It's been a while since I actually played a game, know almost next to nothing about this game though.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:It's been a while since I actually played a game, know almost next to nothing about this game though.
Great to have you!

Oh man, you should play it. Really a fantastic game. If you like the idea of a twisted version of something like Super Mario Bros., but only while controlling a slab of meat instead of an Italian, there's no question you have to play it.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Yeah, I'm in. No need to keep sending me messages on Facebook like a little pest. :P

Or maybe you're more like a sock with a hole in it. Not sure yet.....
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Yeah, I'm in. No need to keep sending me messages on Facebook like a little pest. :P

Or maybe you're more like a sock with a hole in it. Not sure yet.....
Sounds like someone is volunteering to be Tofu Boy. :p

:feb:

Also, you failed to vote in the poll. But you've been added to the player list! I knew you'd want in on this one, given you're one of the minority around here familiar with the theme as much as I am.
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

I'm back, if anyone remembers me
Wanna play a game....
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jigsaw wrote:I'm back, if anyone remembers me
Welcome back!! Glad to see you try it again! :)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Jigsaw wrote:I'm back, if anyone remembers me
I remember you!

Also, I'm totally playing this because I think the game concept is unique and should prove interesting.

:daisy:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

I wanna be Tofu Boy!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Awesome to have you both!! Keep those players coming! :dance:

Boomslang wrote:I wanna be Tofu Boy!

PUSH THE BUTTONS!!
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
wrathofgod

Post by wrathofgod »

Hi everyone :) Looking forward to my first game of mafia on the site! Forgive me if I have a bunch of questions :omg:
Will you go penguin sledding with me?
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 5

Post by A Person »

I'm in, but I've not played the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, sweet! Thanks, Vomps and AP. This is shaping up quickly to be an epic player list.

I'll sound like a broken record, but anyone who has not played the game should. Seriously. I think others who have played can back me up on this one. :srsnod:

And welcome to wrathofgod!! No worries about the questions, ask away! I am honored to be hosting your first game. :)
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I would play it if it didn't cost money. :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

A Person wrote:I would play it if it didn't cost money. :D
Lol, it doesn't cost that much though! But I understand that sentiment nonetheless, haha.

Hopefully playing this mafia game will give you a better understanding of the game so you can decide whether you want to play it.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Hedgeowl »

This looks a little more light-hearted than Bioshock, but I still know nothing about it. Tofu boy made me hungry, so might have to raid my fridge for tofu green curry leftovers. Yeah, that's right, the Veg walked in and signed up for your meat game! Mwahahaha. I'll wait till we start to post PETA pics though. :feb:

WB gettin' Jiggy!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Haha, welcome to the game, Hedge! Glad to have your Vegness, even if it is a bizarre juxtaposition with this theme. :p

At this rate, we should be able to start by the time I get back! Here's hoping.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:This looks a little more light-hearted than Bioshock, but I still know nothing about it. Tofu boy made me hungry, so might have to raid my fridge for tofu green curry leftovers. Yeah, that's right, the Veg walked in and signed up for your meat game! Mwahahaha. I'll wait till we start to post PETA pics though. :feb:

WB gettin' Jiggy!
I am making Tofu Jerky right this very moment!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:This looks a little more light-hearted than Bioshock, but I still know nothing about it. Tofu boy made me hungry, so might have to raid my fridge for tofu green curry leftovers. Yeah, that's right, the Veg walked in and signed up for your meat game! Mwahahaha. I'll wait till we start to post PETA pics though. :feb:

WB gettin' Jiggy!
Yum! :dance: Seen all the dog jerky recalls? Craziness...good thing you are making your own out of tofu.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I'm in!
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Woohoo Nev and Jiggy and new guy!:P

Still on hiatus, me, butt you too now have permission to give me a call if you need a replacement k. :noble:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

WB gettin' Jiggy!
Yum! :dance: Seen all the dog jerky recalls? Craziness...good thing you are making your own out of tofu.
OMG like they found dog meat in vegan jerky? I would literally die.

I do buy primal strips once a week on my Treat Day at the local hippie shop. I get one jerky and one Zevia.

I got my tofu jerky recipe from Vegan A-Go-Go. I like it because you can make it in your toaster oven (or regular oven) if you don't have a food dehydrator.

PS The brand of tofu I use has plenty of iron. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sure /i'll sign up for a fourth game :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Awesome! Glad to see you around again, Nev, and welcome also to Dom! And thanks to Mongoose for switching! :dance:

I will gladly take you as a replacement, Lizzy, though if I am one short from starting when I get back from vacation I'm sure you will feel your arm twisted. :P
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Sure.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

In! The timing of this works out nicely because I'll be at a work conference for the first week of the game and will love to have mafia to distract me during my hotel downtime (of which there will be quite a lot). :biggrin:
ImageImage

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

In!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Lol, it doesn't cost that much though! But I understand that sentiment nonetheless, haha.

Hopefully playing this mafia game will give you a better understanding of the game so you can decide whether you want to play it.
True, but it's very similar to n and that's free. ;)
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

It's 13,99€ in Fainl.dn which is quite ricidiculous for a 2D indee platfomrmer.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

It's 13,99€ in Fainl.dn which is quite ricidiculous for a 2D indee platfomrmer.
It's $14.99 on steam here, which I would think is pricey here too but I'm poor so I dunno how much they normalaly cost.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, just 3 more! And I haven't even left yet. Sweet. :yay:

A Person wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

In terms of genre, that's true, and n is an awesome game in its own right (and the free definitely is a bonus), BUT comparing the two is absurd. The controls alone are incredibly different, let alone the level design, and just the entire gaming experience. I would say the only similarities lie in the fact that they're both 2D platformers and not much beyond that.

Awesome game though, but I like Super Meat Boy so much more. :p
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

In!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:In!
Great!!

This player list is shaping to be incredibly excellent!!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Great!!

Can I have the best role, please?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm baaaaaaaaack!!! This one sounds pretty sweet! Sign me up Socky! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am playing sheriff this game, so count me out
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

One more. :dance:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yes!! So glad to see you back, Devin!! :dance:

Just one more indeed!

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Great!!

Can I have the best role, please?
The real question here is what constitutes the best role?

And I always randomize everyone, so only if the randomizer says so. :p
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I forgot to say I signed up for replacement status. I am currently signed up for 3 big games. 1 has started the other about to start then DF's to start soon as well. Idk what I have done to myself :eek:
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:I forgot to say I signed up for replacement status. I am currently signed up for 3 big games. 1 has started the other about to start then DF's to start soon as well. Idk what I have done to myself :eek:
No worries, I understand! If you change your mind before someone else signs up, just let me know, and if I do need a replacement at any point throughout the game I'll let you know. :)
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Fine fine! I'm in! I'll be lynched on the first or second day, so that still counts as a break. :p
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: And I always randomize everyone, so only if the randomizer says so. :p
Rats! I thought it was worth a shot. You don't ask, you don't get.

At least I got to be the best role in American Gods and Homestar Runner.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lizzy wrote:Fine fine! I'm in! I'll be lynched on the first or second day, so that still counts as a break. :p
YES!! :yay: Thanks to all of you! Should be such a fun game! I can't believe we filled before I even left for vacation.

Would all of you prefer to receive roles before I leave for vacation, say tomorrow, even though we can't start until Thursday or Friday, or wait until that time to receive roles and then go straight into the game? Or indifferent?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Would all of you prefer to receive roles before I leave for vacation, say tomorrow, even though we can't start until Thursday or Friday?
Yup!

Return to “Previous Side Mission Sign-Ups”