Total votes: 9
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 221
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Re: Gym Class Mafia D1

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:53 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:51 pm I can get behind the early good vibes on Mr. Marmot
It's mainly the "tbh lol" following his Cape vote. It's clearly referencing some thought-process of his that he's hasn't put in the thread yet (which is Rand V in my head)
Again, this hardly makes sense to me. How does saying "tbh lol" signify some kind of thought process that Marmot has?
Shending_Help
The Mark
Posts in topic: 271
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
Aka: Shending

Re: Gym Class Mafia

Post by Shending_Help »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:54 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:59 am [VOTE: Cape] aubergine

tbh lol
Wagon me more, it fuels me

:epig:
Does it?

in the 2 games we've played together (FAM and the lightgame) it hasn't felt like you're one of the players who thrive of getting pushed and read people based on their handling of you. So... I'm not sure I believe this? Wanna talk about your mindset here?
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:01 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:51 pm I can get behind the early good vibes on Mr. Marmot
It's mainly the "tbh lol" following his Cape vote. It's clearly referencing some thought-process of his that he's hasn't put in the thread yet (which is Rand V in my head)
Again, this hardly makes sense to me. How does saying "tbh lol" signify some kind of thought process that Marmot has?
One doesn't say "tbh lol" without it being referring to something specific (at least i can't see myself doing that). And he hasn't said anything specific regarding you in the thread

It's just kinda randomly thrown out there. It doesn't fit if you're just looking at what's in the thread, so i assume it's referring to something in his own head

I know it's not a super standard read of mine, but it's a thing
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

I'm gonna be around the next couple of hours if any1 wanna vibe
Cape90
Money Launderer

Re: Gym Class Mafia

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:21 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:54 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:59 am [VOTE: Cape] aubergine

tbh lol
Wagon me more, it fuels me

:epig:
Does it?

in the 2 games we've played together (FAM and the lightgame) it hasn't felt like you're one of the players who thrive of getting pushed and read people based on their handling of you. So... I'm not sure I believe this? Wanna talk about your mindset here?
Yeah no, it does not actually, but I am kinda just having fun with this game. I am not super good at making reads on people who push me and I usually end up omgusing them if it's later in the game, but it is kinda NAI for right now.

But yeah not even I believe my words if I am being real, however, I kinda am just here to vibe in early game, I can't be fricked to take this all seriously.

Sidenote: Pressuring HK is good here since HK is usually very obvious as one alignment or the other.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Yeah i mean, vibing is what we need rn to get things rolling, hard to go tryhard mode with 50 posts in the thread :D

And to your response... *fair enough*
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:24 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:01 pm
One doesn't say "tbh lol" without it being referring to something specific (at least i can't see myself doing that). And he hasn't said anything specific regarding you in the thread

It's just kinda randomly thrown out there. It doesn't fit if you're just looking at what's in the thread, so i assume it's referring to something in his own head

I know it's not a super standard read of mine, but it's a thing
I see, upon looking back, I can see how my early game words were kind of scummy like where
Cape90 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:49 pm Whenever the mafia is ready to awaken and play the game, that would be a good time to play fr
this, even though something I didn't take seriously can be taken as... I think maybe like TMI if I really stretch

or maybe it's how I addressed HK
Cape90 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:49 pm Well, unless you yourself are just mafia
idk just felt like saying something like that since I didn't find their opener particularly said anything
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

► Show Spoiler
this is a weird post

idk if scummy though :p
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

spoiler looks so goddamn ugly lmao. not using that again
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:52 pm Yeah i mean, vibing is what we need rn to get things rolling, hard to go tryhard mode with 50 posts in the thread :D

And to your response... *fair enough*
Yeah, and not to mention that I want to kinda use at least 45 posts today if possible because I am busy tomorrow and won't be able to post much (will still try to read everything but don't expect high ;level of activity and if i survive into day 2, might make catch-up :D)

It's also hard to tryhard when I don't particularly have hard stances on really anything though I am getting pretty okay vibes from this prodding around you are doing so far
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:56 pm spoiler looks so goddamn ugly lmao. not using that again
yeah font color inside the spoiler should be different, it's hard to see
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:57 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:56 pm spoiler looks so goddamn ugly lmao. not using that again
anyways I am just trying to wrap my head around the pressure on me and I can sort of see it. I am not particularly good at starting games in general.

Might have been better when I was first starting out because I was constantly on tryhard mode 24/7 cuz I hardly knew what I was doing :p
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:59 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:57 pm
anyways I am just trying to wrap my head around the pressure on me and I can sort of see it. I am not particularly good at starting games in general.

Might have been better when I was first starting out because I was constantly on tryhard mode 24/7 cuz I hardly knew what I was doing :p
you're not below null for me rn. I was a little confused by your straight up 'lie' (that's a strong word), but it's not something it's not a lie I wanna call all that AI, especially after having read your reponse. It was just weird (just as your self-meta post).

You MIGHT even be slightly above null for me, but i'll wait a bit before admitting that to myself (don't tell future me i wrote this)
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

My spiciest read is that Sean might be TWTBAW

literally just posting "first" and nothing else, and then later popping in with "yeah i can get behind this *votes HK*"

It's far from a solid read, but i kinda believe he'd post *something* else in either of his pop-ins if woofing
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

[VOTE: sabiplz] aubergine

im fine with HK wagon too ftr, but I think this is just as good
Wisdom
The Mark
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: She/They
Aka: Akarna

Post by Wisdom »

I'm the doctor.

Also Alison is 100% someone Brad/BlueKang/LimeCoke would first pick as mafia.
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

This is a draft game? Lime Coke drafted mafia team...

Well, I'm confirmed town.

1) Lime Coke hates me and would never subject himself to being in a chat with me
2) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at mafia
3) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at town

Gym class is easy. I won't post again today, but I'll vote someone later. If I ever die during the day this game, I take no responsibility for it because you should all know better, and those who don't should inform themselves. It's not just like "Lime Coke slightly dislikes this guy"... It's bad.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
Spoiler: show
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:28 pm I'm the doctor.

Reading through the opener, I don't know what BlueKang's role is in all this other then they are in scum chat until they are kicked by the start of day 1, I am assuming night 0 stuff in that case.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

I don't have any hard input on what exact players Limecoke/Brad would pick as mafia or not.

But i do have thoughts.

To balance a game like this the PRs / Mechanics that Lime has available to him must be EXTREMELY strong/interesting. Otherwise there would be no point in picking them over actual extra players in the mafia team. Therefore I strongly believe Limecoke couldn't resist picking at least 2+ of those PR / mechanics that he found the most alure towards, to see how they played out while he's speccing the game.

If he was gonna play too? Then i could see him just picking the max amount of players if he thought that was +EV, but as a spec? It sounds much more interesting to see if the OP mechanics you picked could work out towards a win than if a huge scumteam could pull it through.

TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:28 pm I'm the doctor.

Reading through the opener, I don't know what BlueKang's role is in all this other then they are in scum chat until they are kicked by the start of day 1, I am assuming night 0 stuff in that case.
"role" as in like what they were doing in scumchat night 0, I know they are not a player in the game
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
I think your post is interesting.

Regarding your TL;DR a scumteam in a 15 player would typically be 12 town 3 mafia. This would be a usual ratio. If 2 mafia, then the 2 mafia would have to be really strong if this is the case.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:42 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
I think your post is interesting.

Regarding your TL;DR a scumteam in a 15 player would typically be 12 town 3 mafia. This would be a usual ratio. If 2 mafia, then the 2 mafia would have to be really strong if this is the case.
that is the implication yes.

I think Limecoke would find it the most interesting if his STACKED team of 2 managed to pull it through
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Also, i kinda believe Axe's argument for him not being picked. I think the "Alison would be picked for sure" is a little bit more of a coinflip for me, since it's pretty well known Lime has a lot of respect for Alison, and he would be aware of that (right?)
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 176
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:55 pm
► Show Spoiler
this is a weird post

idk if scummy though :p
Try
bracket spoiler close bracket, rather than bracket spoil close bracket, it is also the blue "spoiler" button on the full editor, rather than the little eye icon
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:09 pm My spiciest read is that Sean might be TWTBAW

literally just posting "first" and nothing else, and then later popping in with "yeah i can get behind this *votes HK*"

It's far from a solid read, but i kinda believe he'd post *something* else in either of his pop-ins if woofing
Was my post where I asked for new-to-TS people's experience level not CWAC? I don't believe you really have this read on me.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:29 pm This is a draft game? Lime Coke drafted mafia team...

Well, I'm confirmed town.

1) Lime Coke hates me and would never subject himself to being in a chat with me
2) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at mafia
3) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at town

Gym class is easy. I won't post again today, but I'll vote someone later. If I ever die during the day this game, I take no responsibility for it because you should all know better, and those who don't should inform themselves. It's not just like "Lime Coke slightly dislikes this guy"... It's bad.
I agree with this read and also believe it applies to me.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm I don't have any hard input on what exact players Limecoke/Brad would pick as mafia or not.

But i do have thoughts.

To balance a game like this the PRs / Mechanics that Lime has available to him must be EXTREMELY strong/interesting. Otherwise there would be no point in picking them over actual extra players in the mafia team. Therefore I strongly believe Limecoke couldn't resist picking at least 2+ of those PR / mechanics that he found the most alure towards, to see how they played out while he's speccing the game.

If he was gonna play too? Then i could see him just picking the max amount of players if he thought that was +EV, but as a spec? It sounds much more interesting to see if the OP mechanics you picked could work out towards a win than if a huge scumteam could pull it through.

TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
I severely doubt there are 2 mafia when roles don't multisask.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:57 pm
Was my post where I asked for new-to-TS people's experience level not CWAC? I don't believe you really have this read on me.

--------------

I severely doubt there are 2 mafia when roles don't multisask.
-tbh i missed that post even happening when scrolling back, but i still semi believe it. But it's a reasonable reaction from you (also whats CWAC?)

-what does that mean? u mean multitask? and even then idgi
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 176
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

CWAC - Contribute without actually contributing. Anything that has the "feeling" of moving the game forward without really having an impact. Often comes in the form of questions that don't go anywhere. Wolves and town both do it, but wolves will sometimes do only CWAC and IIoA (information instead of analysis) in hopes that townies don't spot that they really aren't positively impacting the gamestate.

Yes, multitask, that was a typo. TS is not MS, so this is not gospel here, but: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Multitasking. From what I can tell of what Nook wrote, I think it is clear that mafia members could be assigned multiple roles, but they'd only be able to use one role per night (they can use their role and carry the NK on the same night though), so LC is unlikely to take more roles than mafia members (aside from a few edge cases where maybe they took a role useless for scum in order to keep it from town).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 15

Post by hollowkatt »

wisdom, shending, marmot, and wigly can be town
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

I feel like Wisdoms Alison comment is more likely true than NAAs Lime statement is if only because if Lime is so antagonistic to NAA forcing NAA to wolf would probably be funny as fuck to Lime. I know it would be to me.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:14 pm CWAC - Contribute without actually contributing. Anything that has the "feeling" of moving the game forward without really having an impact. Often comes in the form of questions that don't go anywhere. Wolves and town both do it, but wolves will sometimes do only CWAC and IIoA (information instead of analysis) in hopes that townies don't spot that they really aren't positively impacting the gamestate.

Yes, multitask, that was a typo. TS is not MS, so this is not gospel here, but: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Multitasking. From what I can tell of what Nook wrote, I think it is clear that mafia members could be assigned multiple roles, but they'd only be able to use one role per night (they can use their role and carry the NK on the same night though), so LC is unlikely to take more roles than mafia members (aside from a few edge cases where maybe they took a role useless for scum in order to keep it from town).
Mm, that's a fair point, but I also read it as "PR's" and "Mechanics" being 2 different things that can be picked. I have no idea what mechanics means, but it could be like 4 wolf-sided mechanics that don't overlap with active Actions. Like either role-tied passives, or non-role tied mechanics like idk. D4 all wolf votes are counted as 2. Im just completely spitballing but I feel like in a game that you CAN choose 1-2 wolves only, there'd be some way of doing so without completely botching your wincon
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

Eh, 9v6 sounds fun we got this!!!
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:34 pm Eh, 9v6 sounds fun we got this!!!
Lets gooooo

:ghoststab:
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:17 pm wisdom, shending, marmot, and wigly can be town
what's *your* reason for wigly?
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

From a non Wolf Captain PoV I still think Alison is wolfing. Probably HK as well. And NAX is likely town.

I think Alison's reads is forced and being reads for the sake of having reads.

HK saying NAX is a bit sus also feels like being edgy for the sake of being edgy. Town!HK would probably just call me a wolf and go to bed.

And I trust NAX to be town for the time being. Not locked, but for now.
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

On another note I'm a bit worried that we're missing 5+ people halfway through d1. Fingers crossed more posts happen, I'm hyped for this game!
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Think wisdoms read on HK is villagery. Both the part about HKs treatment of Axe and the analysis of what t!HK would've done
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:38 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:17 pm wisdom, shending, marmot, and wigly can be town
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:24 am Pleasure to meet you new friends.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor.

I used to claim doctor d1 every game, but have become old and grumpy in my recent age. Have been playing since 2013. Exclusively on the Syndicate since about 2015?

I may be wrong on this assumption, but out of this player cast, Alison and Marmot may have the best capacity and track record for reading me. Though, that may be them getting lucky tossing darts, as many others seem to have inconsistency on determining both my scum and town range.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am [VOTE: HK] aubergine is a wolf this game and is to be yeeted at last light.

This is an imperial decree and shall not be revoked.
I like both of these posts. I don't find Wigly being quite this confident in a read this early in a game when he's a wolf
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:00 pm From a non Wolf Captain PoV I still think Alison is wolfing. Probably HK as well. And NAX is likely town.

HK saying NAX is a bit sus also feels like being edgy for the sake of being edgy. Town!HK would probably just call me a wolf and go to bed.

why would town HK call you a wolf and go to bed? You are the same Wisdom that always makes a point to comment "you're reading me wrong again" when I wolf read you, right?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:00 pm From a non Wolf Captain PoV I still think Alison is wolfing. Probably HK as well. And NAX is likely town.

I didn't say NAA is sus, I said Lime drafting the wolf team isn't a hard clear like NAA is saying it is.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:12 pm

why would town HK call you a wolf and go to bed? You are the same Wisdom that always makes a point to comment "you're reading me wrong again" when I wolf read you, right?
That never stopped you!!!^^
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:06 pm Think wisdoms read on HK is villagery. Both the part about HKs treatment of Axe and the analysis of what t!HK would've done
You are also a wolf and this is a pocket attempt!!!
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:10 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:38 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:24 am Pleasure to meet you new friends.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor.

I used to claim doctor d1 every game, but have become old and grumpy in my recent age. Have been playing since 2013. Exclusively on the Syndicate since about 2015?

I may be wrong on this assumption, but out of this player cast, Alison and Marmot may have the best capacity and track record for reading me. Though, that may be them getting lucky tossing darts, as many others seem to have inconsistency on determining both my scum and town range.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am [VOTE: HK] aubergine is a wolf this game and is to be yeeted at last light.

This is an imperial decree and shall not be revoked.
I like both of these posts. I don't find Wigly being quite this confident in a read this early in a game when he's a wolf
My reason for very lightly V leaning him is that 2nd post too. Why did you like the 1st one?
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:00 pm HK saying NAX is a bit sus also feels like being edgy for the sake of being edgy. Town!HK would probably just call me a wolf and go to bed.
But HK called you town. Is this something that is unusual for town!HK to do?
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:01 pm On another note I'm a bit worried that we're missing 5+ people halfway through d1. Fingers crossed more posts happen, I'm hyped for this game!
i think i only see 4 people missing but it is still worrying
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:24 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:06 pm Think wisdoms read on HK is villagery. Both the part about HKs treatment of Axe and the analysis of what t!HK would've done
With all the hype (!!!) I can't decipher if you're joking or not, but maybe thats by design :p

But...

No I swear I'm not!!!
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:35 pm
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:01 pm On another note I'm a bit worried that we're missing 5+ people halfway through d1. Fingers crossed more posts happen, I'm hyped for this game!
Falcon Dunya jack dya Spacedaisy

I think?
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:24 pm
This is a pretty abrasive take, not sure how to feel on it
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:37 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:35 pm
Falcon Dunya jack dya Spacedaisy

I think?
oh right that is 5 :p
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 3

Post by falcon45ca »

Imma 'bout to get blasted.

It's Morphin' Time!

we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:47 pm Imma 'bout to get blasted.

It's Morphin' Time!

[ITA] Falcon45ca[/ITA]
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:23 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:12 pm

That never stopped you!!!^^
Because you typically make posts I want to wolf read!
Just so happens this time you didn't
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws

Return to “Previous Rackets”