67%

Total votes: 9
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Re: Gym Class Mafia D1

Post by dyachei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:50 am Hey hey it’s Cape, Sabi and Wisdom. And Dunya, who I rarely get to play with any more.

Tbh, it’s my little sister’s birthday today so I’m not gonna be around a ton but I’ll at least look at all the posts voting for top/topish wagons and make an educated vote.
I feel left out, Jack
Wisdom
The Mark
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: She/They
Aka: Akarna

Post by Wisdom »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:50 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:58 am
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:56 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:49 am [VOTE: Wisdom] aubergine
Aren't you supposed to have a godread on me :p
This is the first time I've heard of this. I've hardly ever played with you, and one of those times was when we shared a slot.

@Wisdom why is Alison supposed to have a godread on you?
Because according to her she's good town and I'm trash wolf :shrug: means she would be able to read me easily.
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:50 am Hey hey it’s Cape, Sabi and Wisdom. And Dunya, who I rarely get to play with any more.

Tbh, it’s my little sister’s birthday today so I’m not gonna be around a ton but I’ll at least look at all the posts voting for top/topish wagons and make an educated vote.
Hee ho hi Jack!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:56 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:50 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:58 am
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:56 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:49 am [VOTE: Wisdom] aubergine
Aren't you supposed to have a godread on me :p
This is the first time I've heard of this. I've hardly ever played with you, and one of those times was when we shared a slot.

@Wisdom why is Alison supposed to have a godread on you?
Because according to her she's good town and I'm trash wolf :shrug: means she would be able to read me easily.

Same tbh.

We should just kill everyone who isn't a trash wolf.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:53 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:39 am Hee ho I was gonna deep myself clear but then I read the second post

Oh hi.

Actually, Jack would be the first person I would draft as scum captain.
Exactly why I’d be a bad draft captain.

Btw, every time I see a game where a wolf gets to draft a team, they pick a variety of loudnesses.

Like the wolfteam is never Alison/Dunya/Jack.

I’d always see a mix of day dominating players, and then good mid volume or quiet players that are skilled (especially at dancing) for their volume level. For the Realms, that was Grinner and Captain Nifty. For this player group, I’d expect one in Marmot/Daisy/Wilgy, who all punch up volumewise.

That said, mixing players who primarily play on different boards can skew this. Like if Cape doesn’t know Dunya/Daisy/Marmot/Wilgy, he won’t draft in that group how I’d expect (I haven’t read the draft rules lol).

Linki: Dya, you’re a regular on both sites I play on most. I expect you here. ghostcathug.jpg
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Chandler was let into the bedroom by son and Ross was NOT happy about it and he got super mad so Chandler went into hunting mode and chased him under the bed. Very puffy tails. :(
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:16 am
Catch up post: (idk how post numbers work here so bare with me)

Here are the people that stand out to me:

Shending_help:

I really like their tone in this opening posts. Feels very nature and genuine.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:52 pm Yeah i mean, vibing is what we need rn to get things rolling, hard to go tryhard mode with 50 posts in the thread :D

And to your response... *fair enough*
I have play a bunch of turbo games with Swede here. When they are wolf they have difficulties articulating reads and feel very stiff and safe. When town they are very brazen and loud with their reads. What I mean is they don't mind dropping controversial takes when town. This post below is very much in their town meta range:
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:09 pm My spiciest read is that Sean might be TWTBAW

literally just posting "first" and nothing else, and then later popping in with "yeah i can get behind this *votes HK*"

It's far from a solid read, but i kinda believe he'd post *something* else in either of his pop-ins if woofing
Anyway I like this post, very much shows Swede being comfortable, showing progression in their thoughts.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm I don't have any hard input on what exact players Limecoke/Brad would pick as mafia or not.

But i do have thoughts.

To balance a game like this the PRs / Mechanics that Lime has available to him must be EXTREMELY strong/interesting. Otherwise there would be no point in picking them over actual extra players in the mafia team. Therefore I strongly believe Limecoke couldn't resist picking at least 2+ of those PR / mechanics that he found the most alure towards, to see how they played out while he's speccing the game.

If he was gonna play too? Then i could see him just picking the max amount of players if he thought that was +EV, but as a spec? It sounds much more interesting to see if the OP mechanics you picked could work out towards a win than if a huge scumteam could pull it through.

TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
The last bit about about guessing how many mafia there is feels like a town slip. Yes I think all town slips are fake but this kinda feels real.

All the praise about Swede kinda gone with this post. I feel like as soon as she faced someone familar push back on them their tone got way more stiff. I dunno feels very uncomfortable to me.

quote=Shending_Help post_id=934316 time=1657924576 user_id=1072]
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:24 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:06 pm Think wisdoms read on HK is villagery. Both the part about HKs treatment of Axe and the analysis of what t!HK would've done
You are also a wolf and this is a pocket attempt!!!
With all the hype (!!!) I can't decipher if you're joking or not, but maybe thats by design :p

But...

No I swear I'm not!!!
Seanzie turn:

He had a weird first page opening that I don't even want to register as.

Anyway I do like this post from them but also it feels like they are just saying words for the sake of saying words and don't actually mean it. He wants to appear like oh hey look at me spittingniut buzz words.
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:14 pm CWAC - Contribute without actually contributing. Anything that has the "feeling" of moving the game forward without really having an impact. Often comes in the form of questions that don't go anywhere. Wolves and town both do it, but wolves will sometimes do only CWAC and IIoA (information instead of analysis) in hopes that townies don't spot that they really aren't positively impacting the gamestate.

Yes, multitask, that was a typo. TS is not MS, so this is not gospel here, but: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Multitasking. From what I can tell of what Nook wrote, I think it is clear that mafia members could be assigned multiple roles, but they'd only be able to use one role per night (they can use their role and carry the NK on the same night though), so LC is unlikely to take more roles than mafia members (aside from a few edge cases where maybe they took a role useless for scum in order to keep it from town).
I dunno how I feel about everyone analyzing the draft and analyzing Brad (lc) decision making. We're teams decided before or after knowing it's mafia?

Anyway to wisom
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:06 pm Think wisdoms read on HK is villagery. Both the part about HKs treatment of Axe and the analysis of what t!HK would've done
…. I don't think this was pockety at all. Feels kinda forced. Same with Sweden response to it. I don't like it.

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:28 pm I'm the doctor.

Also Alison is 100% someone Brad/BlueKang/LimeCoke would first pick as mafia.
Why would Brad pick Alison to be mafia? AFAIK Alison gets sr easily due to her unorthodox play style and philosophy of the game which causes people not to tr her.

Hate this opening of falcon.
[
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:47 pm Imma 'bout to get blasted.

It's Morphin' Time!

This is very towny tone and voice by cape. He's seems relaxed. I hate the overexplanation of being afk tho.
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:56 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:52 pm Yeah i mean, vibing is what we need rn to get things rolling, hard to go tryhard mode with 50 posts in the thread :D

Yeah, and not to mention that I want to kinda use at least 45 posts today if possible because I am busy tomorrow and won't be able to post much (will still try to read everything but don't expect high ;level of activity and if i survive into day 2, might make catch-up :D)

It's also hard to tryhard when I don't particularly have hard stances on really anything though I am getting pretty okay vibes from this prodding around you are doing so far
Why are we spending so much time analyzing Brad. I'm the #1bradxpert. I will expand more on why I hate these posts tomorrow.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:29 pm This is a draft game? Lime Coke drafted mafia team...

Well, I'm confirmed town.

1) Lime Coke hates me and would never subject himself to being in a chat with me
2) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at mafia
3) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at town

Gym class is easy. I won't post again today, but I'll vote someone later. If I ever die during the day this game, I take no responsibility for it because you should all know better, and those who don't should inform themselves. It's not just like "Lime Coke slightly dislikes this guy"... It's bad.

Anyway goijg to bed. I want to say stuff but I have all day tomorrow to explain. Gn
[/spoiler][/quote]

Long post in spoilers.

I don't like that sabi is both making arguments about Alison's propensity to be drafted to the scum team, but then also saying that she hates that people are making those arguments. I want to hear more of an explanation on this like she promised, but I do think she is attempting to squash this sort of discussion, which if LC drafted specifically players he liked, then sabi would definitely be one of them.

[VOTE: Sabi] aubergine

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dammit

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

OK I'm around. Someone please ask me shit so I can show you my reads because day ones are hard
Shending_Help
The Mark
Posts in topic: 271
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
Aka: Shending

Post by Shending_Help »

LOL

For like 5 seconds I thought Marmot was having the exact same problems with my response to the wisdom post as sabi had earlier, but thank the lord it was just a misquoted sabi post
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:08 pm OK I'm around. Someone please ask me shit so I can show you my reads because day ones are hard
Why don’t you have an avatar? >:-(
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I have Swede, cape, Jack as my strongest town reads so far.

I explained my Swede read. The tone is there of trying to solve.

Cape posts yesterday were good and he's easy for me to read.

Jack is already building a world view.

I feel like dya can try to town tell harder but I struggle with reading them in general.

Marmot I wasn't impressed with.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

These draft rules are crazy lol
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:09 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:08 pm OK I'm around. Someone please ask me shit so I can show you my reads because day ones are hard
Why don’t you have an avatar? >:-(
I'm not on my laptop. I'm phone posting rn.

Just imagine it's a cat pfp
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Idk what wolf leader being public and not really a player dies for the draft process tbh.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:02 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:53 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:39 am Hee ho I was gonna deep myself clear but then I read the second post

Oh hi.

Actually, Jack would be the first person I would draft as scum captain.
Exactly why I’d be a bad draft captain.

Btw, every time I see a game where a wolf gets to draft a team, they pick a variety of loudnesses.

Like the wolfteam is never Alison/Dunya/Jack.

I’d always see a mix of day dominating players, and then good mid volume or quiet players that are skilled (especially at dancing) for their volume level. For the Realms, that was Grinner and Captain Nifty. For this player group, I’d expect one in Marmot/Daisy/Wilgy, who all punch up volumewise.

That said, mixing players who primarily play on different boards can skew this. Like if Cape doesn’t know Dunya/Daisy/Marmot/Wilgy, he won’t draft in that group how I’d expect (I haven’t read the draft rules lol).

Linki: Dya, you’re a regular on both sites I play on most. I expect you here. ghostcathug.jpg

I agree that would never be the mafia team (you, dunya, Alison), partially because Rondo would probably never pass on all three of those names as town, or I assume he wouldn't. I also don't know how well he knows everyone here. I've only played one game with him.

But I would also be amazed if none of the three of you were mafia.

Regardless. I don't think that's a reliable way to read someone by itself, until those players provide more content and/or we get flips.

Also, pocket accepted

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I really 100% doubt Brad would ever make Alison mafia. He knows she's difficult to read and people scum read her easily. That's the one Brad read I can confidently say.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

People ask me things so I can give you my thoughts. I hate day ones and the timing of this game sucked ass for me because of another robligation
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’ve also never played with town drafting.

Like I’ve played with power drafting and wolves pick from everybody drafting.

My musings on the subject might be next to worthless and we just play as normal.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:13 pm People ask me things so I can give you my thoughts. I hate day ones and the timing of this game sucked ass for me because of another robligation
Why do you hate people reading into LC's drafting thought process?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:14 pm I’ve also never played with town drafting.

My musings on the subject might be next to worthless and we just play as normal.

Drafting is fun until you actually play the game imo

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:09 pm LOL

For like 5 seconds I thought Marmot was having the exact same problems with my response to the wisdom post as sabi had earlier, but thank the lord it was just a misquoted sabi post

For a second, I was concerned now that the content of sabi's post that I responded to weren't actually things that she said lol.

But I'm pretty certain they were based on the content.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:14 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:13 pm People ask me things so I can give you my thoughts. I hate day ones and the timing of this game sucked ass for me because of another robligation
Because everyone sucked at analyzing Brad lol. I know how he feels about some players because we played with yall. Like I said I will bet everything that Alison is not w. That's my most confident read. Call it tmi, idc.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I could see sabi and Alison being teammates based on sabi's treatment of Alison. But also they're two of the three leading wagons, so maybe that's a little bold.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

[VOTE: Hollowkatt] aubergine
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:17 pm

For a second, I was concerned now that the content of sabi's post that I responded to weren't actually things that she said lol.

What did you not like about my content. Be honest with me.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:19 pm I could see sabi and Alison being teammates based on sabi's treatment of Alison. But also they're two of the three leading wagons, so maybe that's a little bold.
Me and Alison don't get along in games. Her alt on mu is ariel and every game with that account I butted heads with. Brad would never put us together because Allison bussed me when we were mafia.

Check the ita game from Visorslash
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:15 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:14 pm I’ve also never played with town drafting.

Drafting is fun until you actually play the game imo
Playing a draft game is fun until you get yeeted strictly off draft meta guesses.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:19 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:14 pm
Because everyone sucked at analyzing Brad lol. I know how he feels about some players because we played with yall. Like I said I will bet everything that Alison is not w. That's my most confident read. Call it tmi, idc.

Why do they suck at it? Or rather who specifically sucks at it?

I recall Wisdom, NAA, and Sean making such reads (and myself sort of). NAA and Sean made statements about themselves, and Wisdom I think made one about dunia?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

A lot of you know I obv town day two of games and suck day one. This isn't new. Give me till day 2,if I don't town tell then hammer me. I was extremely distracted this day one.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I explained it in P#207 (if you scroll past the final failed quote tag). I don't like that you're discrediting everyone's attempts to read LC's draft process.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I'm never multitabling again
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:24 pm A lot of you know I obv town day two of games and suck day one. This isn't new. Give me till day 2,if I don't town tell then hammer me. I was extremely distracted this day one.

I know that I've played with you before (in the MS hydra game), but I don't have any idea how you play. Why do you think you suck at Day 1?

Do you have any reads on other players?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:10 pm I have Swede, cape, Jack as my strongest town reads so far.

I explained my Swede read. The tone is there of trying to solve.

Cape posts yesterday were good and he's easy for me to read.

Jack is already building a world view.

I feel like dya can try to town tell harder but I struggle with reading them in general.

Marmot I wasn't impressed with.
you're lucky you're getting posts from me at all while I'm at work. we've been double booked and short staffed today
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

"which if LC drafted specifically players he liked, then sabi would definitely be one of them."

Regardless on whether sabi is actually W or not, I think this is a very towny thought to have from Marmot
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:26 pm

I explained it in P#207 (if you scroll past the final failed quote tag). I don't like that you're discrediting everyone's attempts to read LC's draft process.
For naa:

I hate the self meta. Hasn't included any proof of these sentiments and last I checked Brad only dislikes a handful of players and his name has never came up when he discusses that.

For wisdom:

I quite literally explained Alison. Since the cats V dogs game is over can quote something Brad said in dvc about Alison as mafia if that's allowed? Please lmk

For sean:

Idk if Brad would. Do. That strategy. That's all.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:28 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:24 pm A lot of you know I obv town day two of games and suck day one. This isn't new. Give me till day 2,if I don't town tell then hammer me. I was extremely distracted this day one.

I know that I've played with you before (in the MS hydra game), but I don't have any idea how you play. Why do you think you suck at Day 1?

Do you have any reads on other players?
Because it takes me a day to get comfortable in a game, I need a night to read and analyze interactions and flip/votes to build a world. Day one are hard because I'm V reliant on analyzing interactions based off flips.

I gave some of my reads already
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 15

Post by hollowkatt »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:38 am
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:21 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:27 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:50 pm
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:23 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:12 pm
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:00 pm From a non Wolf Captain PoV I still think Alison is wolfing. Probably HK as well. And NAX is likely town.

I think Alison's reads is forced and being reads for the sake of having reads.

HK saying NAX is a bit sus also feels like being edgy for the sake of being edgy. Town!HK would probably just call me a wolf and go to bed.

And I trust NAX to be town for the time being. Not locked, but for now.
why would town HK call you a wolf and go to bed? You are the same Wisdom that always makes a point to comment "you're reading me wrong again" when I wolf read you, right?
That never stopped you!!!^^
Because you typically make posts I want to wolf read!
Just so happens this time you didn't
Differences between the ways Wisdom is posting mow vs how they usually post?
Most often it's a weird early read that she has, or a push that she makes that I think is wrong/on obvs town, or she doesn't have a read I would expect her to have. I don't see that going on here so I'm offering up an early town read
Is Wisdom usually town or wolf when you wolfread her early for this sort of thing?
she's usually town and her pushes are usually town as well.
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Wisdom is very polarizing. I have seen two scum games and three town game sof theirs. When they are scum, they are frozen and stiff. Can't give natural reads at all. Or any reads for the matter. The fact they are posting a lot is a towntell. Their last scum game was like 2 weeks ago? And this is day and night from that one.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

All right now I can give is meta reads.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Sabi have you read all posts? And if yes, I'm a little surprised you didnt adress my post about your read on me from earlier
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:05 pm Sabi have you read all posts? And if yes, I'm a little surprised you didnt adress my post about your read on me from earlier
I might have missed it. The ui is a bit confusing because every time I post it jumps around where I left off
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:09 am
Shending_help:

I have play a bunch of turbo games with Swede here. When they are wolf they have difficulties articulating reads and feel very stiff and safe. When town they are very brazen and loud with their reads. What I mean is they don't mind dropping controversial takes when town. This post below is very much in their town meta range:
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:09 pm My spiciest read is that Sean might be TWTBAW

literally just posting "first" and nothing else, and then later popping in with "yeah i can get behind this *votes HK*"

It's far from a solid read, but i kinda believe he'd post *something* else in either of his pop-ins if woofing
Anyway I like this post, very much shows Swede being comfortable, showing progression in their thoughts.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm I don't have any hard input on what exact players Limecoke/Brad would pick as mafia or not.

But i do have thoughts.

To balance a game like this the PRs / Mechanics that Lime has available to him must be EXTREMELY strong/interesting. Otherwise there would be no point in picking them over actual extra players in the mafia team. Therefore I strongly believe Limecoke couldn't resist picking at least 2+ of those PR / mechanics that he found the most alure towards, to see how they played out while he's speccing the game.

If he was gonna play too? Then i could see him just picking the max amount of players if he thought that was +EV, but as a spec? It sounds much more interesting to see if the OP mechanics you picked could work out towards a win than if a huge scumteam could pull it through.

TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
The last bit about about guessing how many mafia there is feels like a town slip. Yes I think all town slips are fake but this kinda feels real.

All the praise about Swede kinda gone with this post. I feel like as soon as she faced someone familar push back on them their tone got way more stiff. I dunno feels very uncomfortable to me.

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:36 pm
With all the hype (!!!) I can't decipher if you're joking or not, but maybe thats by design :p

But...

No I swear I'm not!!!
Hmm.

I havent actually played a normal non-turbo game with Sabi before so, I'd like some input from others on this progression on me.

1) sabi: "shending's opening rly towny/natural"
2) sabi: “shending is very stiff and safe as a wolf, which is unlike here *shows example*" "he's comfortable, showing progression"
3) sabi: "I don't generally believe in townslips but this seems like a townslip."
4) lastly she takes away all earlier positive thoughts from a single jokey response to a post from Wisdom that she didn't even agree with (that I still read as more of a joke than anything else).

And it's all done in a single catch-up post as well. I always feel iffy when people post a long progression of "oh I'm changing my mind here look at this" in a post that can be edited before posting. Like I understand that townies do it sometimes too, but I think it's rand W tbh. Especially when in this case I don't really believe Sabi would completely drop me down to Full Null (or even more?) from 1 bad small joke post when she was earlier talking so confidently about me having done like 3-4 things she found very towny. Meta stuff as well as non-meta stuff.

My reaction is to just snap kill this, but I need input from other ppl here
I can link my games that's aren't turbos.

I like to show my progression in thoughts in posts. Every day one, except one where I was town pr, I have struggled in.

I also did that post at like midnight after being awake since 6 am and on two cold meds so I apologize for how bad it is.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:57 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:54 am
Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:09 am I havent actually played a normal non-turbo game with Sabi before so, I'd like some input from others on this progression on me.
I don't see a problem with this progression. I read Sabi's post as: "When Shending is town they have good tone, when they are wolf they have bad tone. Their tone is good at first, but then they have a post with really bad tone and now I no longer townread them". That doesn't seem like a particularly unnatural thought process.
I struggle to shorten everything positive Sabi said about me down to "their tone is good at first", which is where my problem originates from.

But thanks for your viewpoint
Why is this a problem Swede?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:15 am :charlieblackmon:
dyachei wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:11 am hi SS! do you have a read on wisdom since you know her better than I do?
Leaning V currently, mostly from gut

But I haven't actually been in a game where Wisdom wolfed (i won't count FAM because they died there pretty much as d1 started) on forum. I have read some old ISOs where they wolfed though.

I'll go into their ISO rn to try to put some words of my thoughts
Do you think wisdom could pocket you? Have you read her last wolf game, the soda. Mafia game? If so, compare that wisdom to this game.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 176
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:33 pm "which if LC drafted specifically players he liked, then sabi would definitely be one of them."

Regardless on whether sabi is actually W or not, I think this is a very towny thought to have from Marmot
How is this towny? I feel fine about Marmot, but looking at this point in isolation, it could easily be pure agenda.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:35 pm

For naa:

I hate the self meta. Hasn't included any proof of these sentiments and last I checked Brad only dislikes a handful of players and his name has never came up when he discusses that.

For wisdom:

I quite literally explained Alison. Since the cats V dogs game is over can quote something Brad said in dvc about Alison as mafia if that's allowed? Please lmk

For sean:

I agree with NAA's read. If NAA was chosen, it was specifically a wifom choice.

Who in this game has Brad talked about disliking?

What. strategy. is. that?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:44 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:38 am
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:21 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:27 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:50 pm
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:23 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:12 pm

why would town HK call you a wolf and go to bed? You are the same Wisdom that always makes a point to comment "you're reading me wrong again" when I wolf read you, right?
That never stopped you!!!^^
Because you typically make posts I want to wolf read!
Just so happens this time you didn't
Differences between the ways Wisdom is posting mow vs how they usually post?
Most often it's a weird early read that she has, or a push that she makes that I think is wrong/on obvs town, or she doesn't have a read I would expect her to have. I don't see that going on here so I'm offering up an early town read
Is Wisdom usually town or wolf when you wolfread her early for this sort of thing?
she's usually town and her pushes are usually town as well.
So you're townreading her for not doing things that she usually does as town? You're gonna have to unpack this one for me.

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:34 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:35 pm

For naa:

For wisdom:

For sean:

I agree with NAA's read. If NAA was chosen, it was specifically a wifom choice.

Who in this game has Brad talked about disliking?

What. strategy. is. that?
No one mentioned on the playerlist that's why I don't get the whole Brad hates me hence why I'm not mafia. There's two players I know Brad wouldn't include as mafia for how polarizing they are as mafia and can easily sr for it. One of those people in more confident on not being it (Alison) then the other (wisdom).

Sorry I'm phone posting.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:21 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:09 am
Shending_help:

But i do have thoughts.

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:36 pm

But...

No I swear I'm not!!!
Hmm.

I havent actually played a normal non-turbo game with Sabi before so, I'd like some input from others on this progression on me.

1) sabi: "shending's opening rly towny/natural"
2) sabi: “shending is very stiff and safe as a wolf, which is unlike here *shows example*" "he's comfortable, showing progression"
3) sabi: "I don't generally believe in townslips but this seems like a townslip."
4) lastly she takes away all earlier positive thoughts from a single jokey response to a post from Wisdom that she didn't even agree with (that I still read as more of a joke than anything else).

And it's all done in a single catch-up post as well. I always feel iffy when people post a long progression of "oh I'm changing my mind here look at this" in a post that can be edited before posting. Like I understand that townies do it sometimes too, but I think it's rand W tbh. Especially when in this case I don't really believe Sabi would completely drop me down to Full Null (or even more?) from 1 bad small joke post when she was earlier talking so confidently about me having done like 3-4 things she found very towny. Meta stuff as well as non-meta stuff.

My reaction is to just snap kill this, but I need input from other ppl here
I can link my games that's aren't turbos.

I like to show my progression in thoughts in posts. Every day one, except one where I was town pr, I have struggled in.

I also did that post at like midnight after being awake since 6 am and on two cold meds so I apologize for how bad it is.
Linking a few games would be nice (preferably at least one town and one mafia)

Return to “Previous Rackets”