Total votes: 9
Wisdom
The Mark
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: She/They
Aka: Akarna

Re: Gym Class Mafia D1

Post by Wisdom »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:09 am Talk to me about your dya and Cape "town?" reads. What glimmers of townieness do you see in them?
Vibes.
Can probably explain it better later.
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

dyachei wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:26 pm I almost forgot about this game

I think the only v read i have right now is NAA

Also good to play with you again SS!
I marked this as town? because I find forgetting games town indicative but of course that's fakeable so it's more like a temporary read.
Shending_Help
The Mark
Posts in topic: 271
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
Aka: Shending

Post by Shending_Help »

Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:37 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:53 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:51 pm I can get behind the early good vibes on Mr. Marmot
It's mainly the "tbh lol" following his Cape vote. It's clearly referencing some thought-process of his that he's hasn't put in the thread yet (which is Rand V in my head)
I actually copied the "tbh lol" from Cape's post, but the reasoning is that it looked like the post Cape (he?) made was mildly defensive in response to Alison with that phrase added on.

Is that what you thought I was talking about?
The first part about you copying the phrase no.

The second part about you having thoughts on their interactions and scumreading capes side for whatever reason, yes.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Re: Gym Class Mafia

Post by Shending_Help »

Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:39 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:21 pm
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:54 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:59 am [VOTE: Cape] aubergine

tbh lol
Wagon me more, it fuels me

:epig:
Does it?

in the 2 games we've played together (FAM and the lightgame) it hasn't felt like you're one of the players who thrive of getting pushed and read people based on their handling of you. So... I'm not sure I believe this? Wanna talk about your mindset here?
How does Cape normally play? I think I've played in a hydra with him but tbh I didn't pay attention to that game
I'm far from a Cape expert, only played 2 completed games with him, but the games were very focused around him so I still have thoughts. In the 1st game he was woofing and was under suspicion for like 3 days in a row, got wagoned but kept putting in a lot of effort and long posts and barely stayed alive. But notably those posts felt very emotionally uninvested and filled with a very high % of commentary.

The town game was very different. He kept putting his own opinions out there from the start and gave tons of non-consensus thoughts on others. And his tone was extremely freeflowy when talking about those reads.

This game? He's given some towny vibes from some of his posts tone wise, but those posts hasn't been diving into his reads, which is why I'm not really willing to townread him yet. It's easier to be relaxed and towny-sounding if you're talking about more NAI things and not reads.

So I'm patiently waiting for him to really start forming some reads and talk about them before deciding where I stand on him
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:49 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:29 pm This is a draft game? Lime Coke drafted mafia team...

Well, I'm confirmed town.

1) Lime Coke hates me and would never subject himself to being in a chat with me
2) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at mafia
3) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at town

Gym class is easy. I won't post again today, but I'll vote someone later. If I ever die during the day this game, I take no responsibility for it because you should all know better, and those who don't should inform themselves. It's not just like "Lime Coke slightly dislikes this guy"... It's bad.
I'd pick you if i was the mafia drafter, then again I'm not the drafter.

That would be a good exercise imo. Who would everyone pick first as a team captain here? I'd pick dunia.
I would've probably made sure to grab the most OP pr's or mechanics as my first pick as both scum or town captain (if that's possible. I can't really tell from the wording in the draft description)

But from players, I think Dyachei, Dunya, wisdom would be up there. Not sure what I'd do in the end, and not gonna spend too long considering it rn
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:51 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:33 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:10 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:38 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:17 pm wisdom, shending, marmot, and wigly can be town
what's *your* reason for wigly?
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:24 am Pleasure to meet you new friends.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor.

I used to claim doctor d1 every game, but have become old and grumpy in my recent age. Have been playing since 2013. Exclusively on the Syndicate since about 2015?

I may be wrong on this assumption, but out of this player cast, Alison and Marmot may have the best capacity and track record for reading me. Though, that may be them getting lucky tossing darts, as many others seem to have inconsistency on determining both my scum and town range.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am [VOTE: HK] aubergine is a wolf this game and is to be yeeted at last light.

This is an imperial decree and shall not be revoked.
I like both of these posts. I don't find Wigly being quite this confident in a read this early in a game when he's a wolf
My reason for very lightly V leaning him is that 2nd post too. Why did you like the 1st one?
If Wigly is a wolf and not paired with Alison and/or Marmot that post says "hey, maybe we (alison and/or marmot) should dig deeper into wigly" and I don't think he's the kind of player who wants to draw that kind of attention.
This is a non-lvl-0 thought process that I can see HK believing. Good look imo
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

If I was the town drafter, I'd just focus on drafting good solvers that can clear themselves easily. dunia, dyachei, Seanzie.

If I was the mafia drafter, I'd flip a coin. If it lands on heads I just make a list of who I think is best at wolfing in this game in order, and then draft down the list. If it lands on tails I'd draft one strong player (probably dunia, or dyachei if dunia is taken) and then fill the rest with players that either tend to be quieter presences (Wilgy, Spacedaisy) or players that most people wouldn't expect me to draft either because I haven't gotten along with them in the past or because I don't know them (Axe, Cape, Shending).
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

@Shending_Help When you played with Cape and he was scum, how did he deal with pressure on him?
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

Adding SS to town pile.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:16 am
Shending_help:

I really like their tone in this opening posts. Feels very nature and genuine.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:52 pm Yeah i mean, vibing is what we need rn to get things rolling, hard to go tryhard mode with 50 posts in the thread :D

And to your response... *fair enough*
I have play a bunch of turbo games with Swede here. When they are wolf they have difficulties articulating reads and feel very stiff and safe. When town they are very brazen and loud with their reads. What I mean is they don't mind dropping controversial takes when town. This post below is very much in their town meta range:
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:09 pm My spiciest read is that Sean might be TWTBAW

literally just posting "first" and nothing else, and then later popping in with "yeah i can get behind this *votes HK*"

It's far from a solid read, but i kinda believe he'd post *something* else in either of his pop-ins if woofing
Anyway I like this post, very much shows Swede being comfortable, showing progression in their thoughts.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm I don't have any hard input on what exact players Limecoke/Brad would pick as mafia or not.

But i do have thoughts.

To balance a game like this the PRs / Mechanics that Lime has available to him must be EXTREMELY strong/interesting. Otherwise there would be no point in picking them over actual extra players in the mafia team. Therefore I strongly believe Limecoke couldn't resist picking at least 2+ of those PR / mechanics that he found the most alure towards, to see how they played out while he's speccing the game.

If he was gonna play too? Then i could see him just picking the max amount of players if he thought that was +EV, but as a spec? It sounds much more interesting to see if the OP mechanics you picked could work out towards a win than if a huge scumteam could pull it through.

TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
The last bit about about guessing how many mafia there is feels like a town slip. Yes I think all town slips are fake but this kinda feels real.

All the praise about Swede kinda gone with this post. I feel like as soon as she faced someone familar push back on them their tone got way more stiff. I dunno feels very uncomfortable to me.

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:36 pm
Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:24 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:06 pm Think wisdoms read on HK is villagery. Both the part about HKs treatment of Axe and the analysis of what t!HK would've done
You are also a wolf and this is a pocket attempt!!!
With all the hype (!!!) I can't decipher if you're joking or not, but maybe thats by design :p

But...

No I swear I'm not!!!
Hmm.

I havent actually played a normal non-turbo game with Sabi before so, I'd like some input from others on this progression on me.

1) sabi: "shending's opening rly towny/natural"
2) sabi: “shending is very stiff and safe as a wolf, which is unlike here *shows example*" "he's comfortable, showing progression"
3) sabi: "I don't generally believe in townslips but this seems like a townslip."
4) lastly she takes away all earlier positive thoughts from a single jokey response to a post from Wisdom that she didn't even agree with (that I still read as more of a joke than anything else).

And it's all done in a single catch-up post as well. I always feel iffy when people post a long progression of "oh I'm changing my mind here look at this" in a post that can be edited before posting. Like I understand that townies do it sometimes too, but I think it's rand W tbh. Especially when in this case I don't really believe Sabi would completely drop me down to Full Null (or even more?) from 1 bad small joke post when she was earlier talking so confidently about me having done like 3-4 things she found very towny. Meta stuff as well as non-meta stuff.

My reaction is to just snap kill this, but I need input from other ppl here
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

:werewolf:
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:59 am @Shending_Help When you played with Cape and he was scum, how did he deal with pressure on him?
It felt like he mainly just ignored it while simultaneously posting iso's until ppl went elsewhere (I was highly responsible for that in thta game, I cfd'd away from him like 2 times that game)

In the town game he was also under pressure a lot. And while he didn't constantly meet it head-on always, that happened more often from what I recall compared to the wolfgame. And he gave off more of a "lol ur wrong" feeling and just moved onto his own reads
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

I have no idea how that wolf emote appeared in my post, I'm scared
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

Sure SS I think that might make sense. [Adding Sabi to Wolf? Pile]
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:15 am I have no idea how that wolf emote appeared in my post, I'm scared
Outted!!!
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Villagers:
Shending
Spacedaisy

Very likely V:
-

Probably V:
Marmot
Axe
Wisdom

V? :
Sean
HK
Wigly

Null:
Rest

Wolfleans:
Sabiplz
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:24 am
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:58 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am [VOTE: HK] aubergine is a wolf this game and is to be yeeted at last light.

i'm getting the weakest of townleans from this post

So

N0: SpaceDaisy

Slight V: Marmot

Sliiightly above rand: Wigly, Alison
Why am I and Wilgy "slightly above rand"? Neither of us have done anything much.
Wigly: it was his going-hard post on HK that I liked. Felt slightly more likely to be a V trying to Kickstart the game going than a wolf doing something.
(currently I'm also giving some credence to HKs reasoning for liking him which I agree with)

You: I slightly liked your early prodding of Cape.
Since then I've dropped you to null again, partly since the initial read was extremely weak and secondly because both you yourself and others (wisdom mainly) have stated Lime is very likely to pick you if he has the chance.

FTR: I'm not going to think too deeply about drafting related stuff personally, but I'll let it be the tiebreaker in case I'm feeling very weakly about a topic
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

:omg:

Letsdothis!
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

I have no idea why Alison is voting me btw. Reverse pocketing? Actually wolf reading me? RT? No clue.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:09 am I havent actually played a normal non-turbo game with Sabi before so, I'd like some input from others on this progression on me.
I don't see a problem with this progression. I read Sabi's post as: "When Shending is town they have good tone, when they are wolf they have bad tone. Their tone is good at first, but then they have a post with really bad tone and now I no longer townread them". That doesn't seem like a particularly unnatural thought process.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:14 am :werewolf:
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:59 am @Shending_Help When you played with Cape and he was scum, how did he deal with pressure on him?
It felt like he mainly just ignored it while simultaneously posting iso's until ppl went elsewhere (I was highly responsible for that in thta game, I cfd'd away from him like 2 times that game)

In the town game he was also under pressure a lot. And while he didn't constantly meet it head-on always, that happened more often from what I recall compared to the wolfgame. And he gave off more of a "lol ur wrong" feeling and just moved onto his own reads
Thanks. I'll take that into consideration.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:34 am I have no idea why Alison is voting me btw. Reverse pocketing? Actually wolf reading me? RT? No clue.
I found it difficult to believe you genuinely suspect me for forcing thin reads early on, since I have done so (in a way that you would find pretty memorable) in a previous shared game, and have also discussed my early D1 philosophy with you. So I voted you.

When I pressed you about this, you admitted the reasoning was shaky, but held the scumread on the basis of "vibes". I think that reeks of wanting to find a pretext to maintain an inauthentic scumread when you are challenged on it.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 176
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Spoiler: show
Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:16 am Catch up post: (idk how post numbers work here so bare with me)

Here are the people that stand out to me:

Shending_help:

I really like their tone in this opening posts. Feels very nature and genuine.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:52 pm Yeah i mean, vibing is what we need rn to get things rolling, hard to go tryhard mode with 50 posts in the thread :D

I have play a bunch of turbo games with Swede here. When they are wolf they have difficulties articulating reads and feel very stiff and safe. When town they are very brazen and loud with their reads. What I mean is they don't mind dropping controversial takes when town. This post below is very much in their town meta range:
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:09 pm My spiciest read is that Sean might be TWTBAW

literally just posting "first" and nothing else, and then later popping in with "yeah i can get behind this *votes HK*"

It's far from a solid read, but i kinda believe he'd post *something* else in either of his pop-ins if woofing
Anyway I like this post, very much shows Swede being comfortable, showing progression in their thoughts.
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:36 pm I don't have any hard input on what exact players Limecoke/Brad would pick as mafia or not.

But i do have thoughts.

To balance a game like this the PRs / Mechanics that Lime has available to him must be EXTREMELY strong/interesting. Otherwise there would be no point in picking them over actual extra players in the mafia team. Therefore I strongly believe Limecoke couldn't resist picking at least 2+ of those PR / mechanics that he found the most alure towards, to see how they played out while he's speccing the game.

If he was gonna play too? Then i could see him just picking the max amount of players if he thought that was +EV, but as a spec? It sounds much more interesting to see if the OP mechanics you picked could work out towards a win than if a huge scumteam could pull it through.

TL;DR: i don't think there's 5-6 maf. Think there might even be 2 if i had to bet tbh
The last bit about about guessing how many mafia there is feels like a town slip. Yes I think all town slips are fake but this kinda feels real.

All the praise about Swede kinda gone with this post. I feel like as soon as she faced someone familar push back on them their tone got way more stiff. I dunno feels very uncomfortable to me.

Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:36 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:06 pm Think wisdoms read on HK is villagery. Both the part about HKs treatment of Axe and the analysis of what t!HK would've done
With all the hype (!!!) I can't decipher if you're joking or not, but maybe thats by design :p

But...

No I swear I'm not!!!
Seanzie turn:

He had a weird first page opening that I don't even want to register as.

Anyway I do like this post from them but also it feels like they are just saying words for the sake of saying words and don't actually mean it. He wants to appear like oh hey look at me spittingniut buzz words.
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:14 pm CWAC - Contribute without actually contributing. Anything that has the "feeling" of moving the game forward without really having an impact. Often comes in the form of questions that don't go anywhere. Wolves and town both do it, but wolves will sometimes do only CWAC and IIoA (information instead of analysis) in hopes that townies don't spot that they really aren't positively impacting the gamestate.

Yes, multitask, that was a typo. TS is not MS, so this is not gospel here, but: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Multitasking. From what I can tell of what Nook wrote, I think it is clear that mafia members could be assigned multiple roles, but they'd only be able to use one role per night (they can use their role and carry the NK on the same night though), so LC is unlikely to take more roles than mafia members (aside from a few edge cases where maybe they took a role useless for scum in order to keep it from town).
I dunno how I feel about everyone analyzing the draft and analyzing Brad (lc) decision making. We're teams decided before or after knowing it's mafia?

Anyway to wisom
…. I don't think this was pockety at all. Feels kinda forced. Same with Sweden response to it. I don't like it.

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:28 pm I'm the doctor.

Also Alison is 100% someone Brad/BlueKang/LimeCoke would first pick as mafia.
Why would Brad pick Alison to be mafia? AFAIK Alison gets sr easily due to her unorthodox play style and philosophy of the game which causes people not to tr her.

Hate this opening of falcon.
[
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:47 pm Imma 'bout to get blasted.

It's Morphin' Time!

This is very towny tone and voice by cape. He's seems relaxed. I hate the overexplanation of being afk tho.
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:56 pm

Yeah, and not to mention that I want to kinda use at least 45 posts today if possible because I am busy tomorrow and won't be able to post much (will still try to read everything but don't expect high ;level of activity and if i survive into day 2, might make catch-up :D)

It's also hard to tryhard when I don't particularly have hard stances on really anything though I am getting pretty okay vibes from this prodding around you are doing so far
Why are we spending so much time analyzing Brad. I'm the #1bradxpert. I will expand more on why I hate these posts tomorrow.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:29 pm This is a draft game? Lime Coke drafted mafia team...

Well, I'm confirmed town.

1) Lime Coke hates me and would never subject himself to being in a chat with me
2) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at mafia
3) Lime Coke thinks I'm bad at town

Gym class is easy. I won't post again today, but I'll vote someone later. If I ever die during the day this game, I take no responsibility for it because you should all know better, and those who don't should inform themselves. It's not just like "Lime Coke slightly dislikes this guy"... It's bad.

Anyway goijg to bed. I want to say stuff but I have all day tomorrow to explain. Gn
I find it interesting that out of all my posts, you choose one which is me explaining two terms to someone who specifically asked about then... and then give a backhanded town read of it while accusing me of just using buzzwords. Also, by interesting, I really mean suspicious.
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:38 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:57 pm I agree with this read and also believe it applies to me.
I wasn't aware that LC disliked you that strongly.
I'm not going to get into it for threadhealth reasons, but I stand by my initial claim.
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:41 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:35 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

serious vote.
Why?
Your initial vote on Cape and your follow up. You never explained why you were voting, and the "Why did you think emotes was the reason for the vote?" just really feels a lot more like a question for the sake of a question rather than you really digging at anything (can you give an example of an AI answer to that question?). Now, you've seemed to indirectly claim that this was just a vote to get the game going, which is fine in it's own right, but IME, people who do that are almost always strongly overstating a real (but weak) thought, rather than just making suspicion completely up, so a lack of explanation for the vote is concerning. Why did you vote Cape?
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:40 am

I marked this as town? because I find forgetting games town indicative but of course that's fakeable so it's more like a temporary read.
I am of the opposite opinion. While I agree it is towny to actually forget about the game, I think it is probably very slightly >rand!wolf to TALK about forgetting about the game (I know I've definitely claimed I "forgot" about a game as scum, when in reality I am actually just overly-concious of the fact that I didn't post early in the game, whereas if I was town and late, I'd just dive in without feeling like my absence needed to be excused [unless the absence was remarkably long, but that is not the case here])
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:56 am If I was the town drafter, I'd just focus on drafting good solvers that can clear themselves easily. dunia, dyachei, Seanzie.

If I was the mafia drafter, I'd flip a coin. If it lands on heads I just make a list of who I think is best at wolfing in this game in order, and then draft down the list. If it lands on tails I'd draft one strong player (probably dunia, or dyachei if dunia is taken) and then fill the rest with players that either tend to be quieter presences (Wilgy, Spacedaisy) or players that most people wouldn't expect me to draft either because I haven't gotten along with them in the past or because I don't know them (Axe, Cape, Shending).
I kind of hope the town drafter did not choose people. IME hand-picked scum teams are easier to catch than randomized ones, and the town drafter picking townies gets in the way of this. Unfortunately, I do not really understand Rondo very well, so I don't know what to expect from them. LC though I kind of think he'd use a straightforward with the possibility of one or maybe two wildcards, but I don't think I'd try to guess who the wildcards are, as that seems like a dubious exercise (I am offhandedly accusing you of having an agenda in this post btw).
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:03 am Adding SS to town pile.
Am I correct in assuming SS is Shending?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:40 am Your initial vote on Cape and your follow up. You never explained why you were voting, and the "Why did you think emotes was the reason for the vote?" just really feels a lot more like a question for the sake of a question rather than you really digging at anything (can you give an example of an AI answer to that question?). Now, you've seemed to indirectly claim that this was just a vote to get the game going, which is fine in it's own right, but IME, people who do that are almost always strongly overstating a real (but weak) thought, rather than just making suspicion completely up, so a lack of explanation for the vote is concerning. Why did you vote Cape?
I answer both of your questions in #133. To reiterate: I thought his reference to mafia waking up was a lame attempt to be all "hello fellow townies, this sure is a townie thread, the mafia probably hasn't woken up, amiright?" So I voted him. It's a thin read, but more than enough for page 1.

He responded by defensively claiming that "he just wanted to try out the emotes". This deepened my suspicion, because at no point did I give any indication that it was about the emotes. The pre-emptive excuse-making re: emote usage suggests a guilty conscience, or him seeing his emote usage as scummier than it is because he's a wolf. This is why I asked him if he had any reason to believe I pushed him for emote usage.
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:54 am
Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:09 am I havent actually played a normal non-turbo game with Sabi before so, I'd like some input from others on this progression on me.
I don't see a problem with this progression. I read Sabi's post as: "When Shending is town they have good tone, when they are wolf they have bad tone. Their tone is good at first, but then they have a post with really bad tone and now I no longer townread them". That doesn't seem like a particularly unnatural thought process.
I struggle to shorten everything positive Sabi said about me down to "their tone is good at first", which is where my problem originates from.

But thanks for your viewpoint
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

And to Sean, yes ppl that's saying SS are referring to me (my nick at MU = SwedishSkumbag)
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

I'm a little skeeved out by wisdom v reading me for what I see as a NAI post.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

I think seanzie seems similar to the last game I played with him where he was town but I've never seen him wolf. @dunya dont you usually have a decent read there?
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

I was silently thinking to myself earlier... "dya is not gonna like that read" *highfives myself*

Hi dya!
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

hi SS! do you have a read on wisdom since you know her better than I do?
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

:charlieblackmon:
dyachei wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:11 am hi SS! do you have a read on wisdom since you know her better than I do?
Leaning V currently, mostly from gut

But I haven't actually been in a game where Wisdom wolfed (i won't count FAM because they died there pretty much as d1 started) on forum. I have read some old ISOs where they wolfed though.

I'll go into their ISO rn to try to put some words of my thoughts
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:00 am
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:34 am I have no idea why Alison is voting me btw. Reverse pocketing? Actually wolf reading me? RT? No clue.
I found it difficult to believe you genuinely suspect me for forcing thin reads early on, since I have done so (in a way that you would find pretty memorable) in a previous shared game, and have also discussed my early D1 philosophy with you. So I voted you.

When I pressed you about this, you admitted the reasoning was shaky, but held the scumread on the basis of "vibes". I think that reeks of wanting to find a pretext to maintain an inauthentic scumread when you are challenged on it.
I mean, I wolf read you before you started posting so you could really brush off any other arguments as "confbiasing" and you wouldn't be too far off.

I've never cared about your posts as much as I do now though, I don't remember how you've played previously so I'm pretty much trying to determine your playstyle from the ground up right now. See it as a chance for me to possibly change my mind on what alignment I think you have, later on.
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

@Seanzie I get your point on Dya, scratch my Town? read there.

SS=SwedishSkumbag=Shending_Help yeah my bad. Wrong forum!

[Adding Seanzie into Town? Pile]
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Wisdom wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:00 pm From a non Wolf Captain PoV I still think Alison is wolfing. Probably HK as well. And NAX is likely town.

I think Alison's reads is forced and being reads for the sake of having reads.

HK saying NAX is a bit sus also feels like being edgy for the sake of being edgy. Town!HK would probably just call me a wolf and go to bed.

And I trust NAX to be town for the time being. Not locked, but for now.
@dya

This bolded part makes up a big chunk of my positive feelings there. It's 2 unconnected sentences about HK that both feel non-basic and pretty out there. You would have to wrack your brain a bit to come up with either of those thoughts as a wolf I'd say (not impossible ofc, but I think more likely just town)

Apart from this, I get a "just posting random thoughts as they come" overall feeling from the ISO. I think their approach to Alison is a bit all over the place, and that's a rand V thing in my eyes because I think W!Wisdom would probably try to piece their progression there together a bit more. (the openness in the post from rn about them having prob confbiased their Alison thoughts is a fine look too I think)

Then I think they throwing out the "you're a wolf pocketing!!!" at me the way they did earlier is probably V indicative too tbh, but I wouldn't ask you to take that into consideration because it's just me wobbling trying to guess how the Wisdom in my head would interact with me as either alignment

Uh.

I'll be back with less confused thoughts later when it comes to wisdom
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

Also I think they picked a reasonable moment to find me as V. They didn't go for the instant pocket, they reacrion tested me initially and then threw out a V read when I kept posting well
Wisdom
The Mark

Post by Wisdom »

Shen stop I don't want you to learn how to read me!!!
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

I still don't know if I agree SS but it's giving me a better read on you. Your thought process is clear in those posts and I think it reads genuine. light v read
Shending_Help
The Mark

Post by Shending_Help »

So Axe V lean, me V lean, wisdom W lean

Is that all you have so far dya?

No thoughts at all bout Sabi / HK / Sean / Alison?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:06 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:56 pm Townreads thus far

NAA
Cape
Shendog
Wisdom

Null

Everyone else
No, put me here too.

Tell me about Wisdom.

I like that Wisdom wasted no time making reads. I also agree with everything she said in P#83.

Why should I TR you right now?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Shending_Help wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:34 am So Axe V lean, me V lean, wisdom W lean

Is that all you have so far dya?

No thoughts at all bout Sabi / HK / Sean / Alison?
I'm not the best reader of sabi so holding off there for now. HK i usually get better at reading as time goes on. Same with alison
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:51 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:33 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:10 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:38 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:17 pm wisdom, shending, marmot, and wigly can be town
what's *your* reason for wigly?
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:24 am Pleasure to meet you new friends.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor.

I used to claim doctor d1 every game, but have become old and grumpy in my recent age. Have been playing since 2013. Exclusively on the Syndicate since about 2015?

I may be wrong on this assumption, but out of this player cast, Alison and Marmot may have the best capacity and track record for reading me. Though, that may be them getting lucky tossing darts, as many others seem to have inconsistency on determining both my scum and town range.

I like both of these posts. I don't find Wigly being quite this confident in a read this early in a game when he's a wolf
My reason for very lightly V leaning him is that 2nd post too. Why did you like the 1st one?
If Wigly is a wolf and not paired with Alison and/or Marmot that post says "hey, maybe we (alison and/or marmot) should dig deeper into wigly" and I don't think he's the kind of player who wants to draw that kind of attention.
My experience with Wilgy is that he is quite willing to do random WIFOM things that draw attention, positive or negative.

But that has decreased in recent memory, as acknowledged by Wilgy's point of turning into a grumpy old curmudgeon.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Hee ho I was gonna deep myself clear but then I read the second post
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:06 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:37 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:53 pm
Shending_Help wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:51 pm I can get behind the early good vibes on Mr. Marmot
It's mainly the "tbh lol" following his Cape vote. It's clearly referencing some thought-process of his that he's hasn't put in the thread yet (which is Rand V in my head)
I actually copied the "tbh lol" from Cape's post, but the reasoning is that it looked like the post Cape (he?) made was mildly defensive in response to Alison with that phrase added on.

Is that what you thought I was talking about?
oh right that is something i would say

Are you a Boq alt tbh

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Gym Class Mafia

Post by Marmot »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:33 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:32 am
Cape90 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:55 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:06 am Marmot's entrance is pretty townie.
What have they done that is AI?
Marmot's entranced was relaxed and comfortable. I think they tend to enter kinda stiffly as mafia, and sometimes even play it up because they enjoy leaning into suspicion as a wolf.
Compare his entrance here to eg. GOC.

Which one lol

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:42 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:56 pm Townreads thus far

NAA
Cape
Shendog
Wisdom

Null

Everyone else
Talk to me about your Cape townread.

It's a light townread, but Cape is the player attempting to make the most waves in the game so far imo, and pending his future contributions, I'm willing to call town for now.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hey hey it’s Cape, Sabi and Wisdom. And Dunya, who I rarely get to play with any more.

Tbh, it’s my little sister’s birthday today so I’m not gonna be around a ton but I’ll at least look at all the posts voting for top/topish wagons and make an educated vote.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:58 am
Wisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:56 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:49 am [VOTE: Wisdom] aubergine
Aren't you supposed to have a godread on me :p
This is the first time I've heard of this. I've hardly ever played with you, and one of those times was when we shared a slot.

@Wisdom why is Alison supposed to have a godread on you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 176
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:50 am Hey hey it’s Cape, Sabi and Wisdom. And Dunya, who I rarely get to play with any more.

Tbh, it’s my little sister’s birthday today so I’m not gonna be around a ton but I’ll at least look at all the posts voting for top/topish wagons and make an educated vote.
I say we wagon you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:39 am Hee ho I was gonna deep myself clear but then I read the second post

Oh hi.

Actually, Jack would be the first person I would draft as scum captain.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dyachei wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:08 am I'm a little skeeved out by wisdom v reading me for what I see as a NAI post.
this post very v

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Gonna somewhat gloves off with Dunya because I know last game we played together (where I mistunneled her) wasn’t super pleasant.

If you wanna take this as w/w indicative or pockety, be my guest. I’m just giving myself that excuse.

Return to “Previous Rackets”