Total votes: 6
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Lasagna Mafia [END]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The game is about lasagna. You know, the food.

13 player cop game.

1x town cop with a free pregame check on a random town player
9x vanilla town

3x vanilla mafia

Game staff

JaggedJimmyJay, Host - post history
sabie12, Moderator on Duty - post history

Players

ejjinami - post history
fingersplints - post history
Luckbox Inc - post history
Syn - post history / MissSparkles - post history

Eliminated

Alison - post history - vanilla town - Eaten on Day 1
falcon45ca - post history - vanilla town - Cooked on Night 1
orangecrush - post history / KZA - post history - vanilla town - Eaten on Day 2
Kami - post history - vanilla town - Cooked on Night 2
Hyena - post history - vanilla mafioso - Eaten on Day 3
Esooa - post history - vanilla town - Cooked on Night 3
Creature - post history - vanilla mafioso - Eaten on Day 4
Nanook - post history - town cop - Cooked on Night 4
Deli - post history - vanilla mafioso - Eaten on Day 5

End of Day Polls

Day 1

Spoiler: show

Day 2

Day 3

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Lasagna Mafia [Pre-game]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Contacting the host

You may send me a personal message on-site by clicking or tapping my username and then clicking "send private message". Alternatively you may contact me on Discord at JaggedJimmyJay#5544.

Moderator on Duty aka Facilitator

@sabie12 has been gracious enough to volunteer to serve as the Moderator on Duty for this game. If at any point during the game you feel frustrated enough that you want to say things that you don't necessarily want to say in the thread, she is available for you to vent. Simply send her a personal message or get her on Discord at sabie12#0567 and she will be happy to listen. If you are upset with the host, she is again the ideal person to speak with. She will not divulge your concerns to me unless you specifically request it. The only kinds of things she would report to me would relate to my role on the site staff rather than as the game host if there is a serious problem arising for some reason. I don't anticipate this.

Game cycle details

- Day phases last 48 hours and night phases last 24 hours. Night phases are closed and the thread is locked.
- Phases end/begin at 6:00 PM EDT. It is possible I might have to wiggle this a little bit if life demands it of me. I will make my best effort to remain consistent.
- We will not have a Day 0 nor a Night 0. The game begins immediately with Day 1.

Game rules and guidelines

Voting and Claiming Rules

1.) Claim whatever you want if anything.
2.) Votes in the poll are official, and I will only consider the poll votes when I resolve a day phase. It is still obligatory to call votes in the game thread, as the poll does not track voting order. Call your votes to make it possible to discern timing and order. This is not optional. Please call votes with the [ vote ][ /vote ] tags (no spaces).
3.) Votes are changeable with no limitations.
4.) Voting is not obligatory. There is no requirement to vote in any phase whatsoever. There are participation standards though, which I'll cover separately.
5.) The player who has received the most votes at the deadline shall be chopped. If a majority vote is reached (next integer above 50% the number of living players), the day phase will end immediately. There will be no majority vote in effect on Day 1.
6.) In the event of a tied vote, the chopped player shall be decided among the tied names at random.
7.) A "no elimination" option will be included each day phase. This option must lead the tally with no ties to be enacted at any time.

Participation Standard

There is no rigid standard for participation; this will be at the host's discretion. All players are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute to the game thread consistently enough that their content can be fairly judged. Non-participation has an adverse effect upon the balance of the game. If I decide a player is not participating enough to facilitate this balance, that player will be replaced. If a replacement cannot be found, there might be a modkill. With this in mind I reiterate: it's very important that everyone try to participate. At least a few posts per day/night cycle are a bare minimum.

Other

1.) Respect all guidelines and rules found in The Syndicate's announcements section. Above all else, treat your fellow players with respect -- this is just a game.
2.) BTSC (behind the scenes chatter) is only permitted in host-designated locations.
3.) No editing or deleting of posts in the game thread.
4.) Just don't make posts when you're dead unless you have been given express permission by the host.
5.) Non-players may not post in the game thread.
6.) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic may choose to do so in {Off-Topic} Green. There's an "OT" button for this in the post editor. This is not required.
7.) This is the Host Color. I don't actually care if you use it, just don't impersonate me.
8.) If you ever have any questions about the rules, roles, or setup, please ask me privately.

Angleshooting and loopholes

Don't.

We all know what the spirit of Mafia is about. So don't. If you ever think something might be cutting it close, just ask me before doing it/saying it. Thanks gang.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sample role cards

Vanilla town
You are aligned with the town and have no special abilities. Win the game by eliminating the mafia team.
Town cop
You are aligned with the town and are the cop. During each night phase, you may select a player. You will be informed of that player's alignment: town or mafia.

You begin the game with one free check on a random member of the town faction:

_______ is town-aligned.

Win the game by eliminating the mafia team.
Vanilla mafia
You are aligned with the mafia and have no special abilities. Win the game by achieving parity -- matching or exceeding the number of living town-aligned players.

You may access your team's behind the scenes chat space via [INSERT DISCORD SERVER LINK]. This space will be open at all times during the game.

Regarding majority/hammer votes

After Day 1, majority voting will be enacted. There is no mechanism available to automatically close the thread when a hammer vote is placed. For this reason I will have to rely upon the players to follow these rules/guidelines themselves in the event that I am not immediately present to end the day phase:

1. Once a hammer is placed, players should cease posting in the game thread. One or two posts to indicate to everyone that the hammer has been placed would be fine.
2. Once a hammer is placed, no further votes may be placed and nobody may move their votes.
3. Any player with the capability to screen shot a poll once a hammer is placed should feel free to do so and post the screen shot directly into the thread or via personal message to me. This isn't required, but it'd be helpful.

I will be around or nearby most of the time, so I don't anticipate significant delays unless a hammer is dropped during my sleeping hours (late night/morning EDT).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Alison
@Creature
@Deli
@ejjinami
@Esooa
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@Hyena
@Kami
@Luckbox Inc
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@orangecrush
@Syn

All role cards have been distributed. The game will begin tomorrow (Sunday) at 6:00 PM EDT with Day 1. If you have any questions about the game or your roles, please direct them to me privately. Thanks everyone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Alison
@Creature
@Deli
@ejjinami
@Esooa
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@Hyena
@Kami
@Luckbox Inc
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@orangecrush
@Syn

Day 1 has begun. You may begin feasting upon each other noodle-by-noodle.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: Lasagna Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Esooa »

hi
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Luckbox Inc »

I'm the seer with a wolf peek but I'll wait until they start acting wolfy before I say anything.

I've played with Esooa, Deli, Kami, and Creature before and expect to be able to read them in roughly that order. I also have notes on some of the others here as either good, decent, or decent and slanky.

I've played a ton of this game in my life and generally have a unconventional style that's built around tone reads. So for the wolves here, please try to do your best to sound natural to make this a good game.

Also-- this 48/24 format is nuts and I'm used to 12/12, so I have no idea what sort of posting volume is typical in these, but I assume I'll be towards the top in post-count. Goal today is to interact with everyone and try to get a feel for everyone.

I might also randomly call people and posts wolfy and I might not always mean what I say as sometimes I do things for reactions and mild trolling.
How do we make votes here?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Im the cop lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:03 pm I'm the seer with a wolf peek but I'll wait until they start acting wolfy before I say anything.

I've played with Esooa, Deli, Kami, and Creature before and expect to be able to read them in roughly that order. I also have notes on some of the others here as either good, decent, or decent and slanky.

I've played a ton of this game in my life and generally have a unconventional style that's built around tone reads. So for the wolves here, please try to do your best to sound natural to make this a good game.

Also-- this 48/24 format is nuts and I'm used to 12/12, so I have no idea what sort of posting volume is typical in these, but I assume I'll be towards the top in post-count. Goal today is to interact with everyone and try to get a feel for everyone.

I might also randomly call people and posts wolfy and I might not always mean what I say as sometimes I do things for reactions and mild trolling.
Id reread the op
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:06 pm Id reread the op
Ok I think I've got it...we vote in the poll and in the thread-- but if I vote in the thread and intend on changing it a bunch of times is it also mandatory to update it in the poll.
Nanook
feels scummy so far
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Syn »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:03 pm I'm the seer with a wolf peek but I'll wait until they start acting wolfy before I say anything.

[VOTE: Suckbox Incorporated] aubergine

ImageImageImageImage

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:12 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:06 pm Id reread the op
Ok I think I've got it...we vote in the poll and in the thread-- but if I vote in the thread and intend on changing it a bunch of times is it also mandatory to update it in the poll.
Nanook
feels scummy so far
Sighs

You can't have a red bud you're just outing yourself as vt

Syn wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:12 pm

[VOTE: Suckbox Incorporated] aubergine
Yeah maybe
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

ok I see..there is a vote tag
[VOTE: Syn] aubergine
ok I'm ready. come at me wolves
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:16 pm Sighs

You can't have a red bud you're just outing yourself as vt
The mods made a special exception for me.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

that's weird. the mod locks me in the cellar and tells me it's good for my complexion

is that what a special exception is

ImageImageImageImage
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: doesn’t matter
Aka: ejj

Post by ejjinami »

I got no lasagna flavor in my role card
LIARS
meow

Syn wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:20 pm that's weird. the mod locks me in the cellar and tells me it's good for my complexion

Someone had to be the bottom sheet
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:17 pm ok I see..there is a vote tag
it would be more effective if you posted this in the wolf chat instead
give it a shot, I won’t tell on you, pinky promise :)
meow
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:25 pm
Hmm. You only have a few posts on this forum so what's your story? Much experience with this game? What's your approach to making reads?
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

Syn wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:20 pm that's weird. the mod locks me in the cellar and tells me it's good for my complexion

You didn’t deserve it yet you still got this privilege
feel honored.
meow
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: luckbox inc] aubergine

I don't believe that you didn't know that's not how the seer works.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:32 pm [VOTE: luckbox inc] aubergine

You're completely correct. I know exactly how it works.
Also hi-- I was told that you're one of the best here, or perhaps anywhere.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:33 pm

You're completely correct. I know exactly how it works.
Also hi-- I was told that you're one of the best here, or perhaps anywhere.
lol

ImageImageImageImage
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

I've got EJJ as villagery, Syn as possibly a villager and everyone else as a wolf if you all are looking for early reads.
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:27 pm
Hmm. You only have a few posts on this forum so what's your story? Much experience with this game? What's your approach to making reads?
I’m from Town of Salem, which is just well… dying… So I’m just joining games here and there, looking for a new fun community to join for longer :P
so yeah… unfortunately not a newbie

I often struggle with getting scum-reads, solving mainly via PoE, tone-reads + vote analysis
dunno if it’s worth talking much about my play style tho… Talking about myself feels kinda awkward
meow
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

good to know that you believe that you’re voting the seer :)
meow
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Ahoy, I'm the cop.

N0-Creature
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

how do I disable smilies
they don’t look as terrible as on MU but dammit, I want my standard ones
meow
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

hi hyena!!!
meow
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:40 pm how do I disable smilies
https://mafiathesyndicate.com/ucp.php?i ... &mode=post

ImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I've played with Alison, Creature, Ejji, Esooa (though only once), Nanook, and Syn! Ejji is probably the person I feel confident reading the best, as we're both from the Town of Salem forums.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:40 pmhi hyena!!!
Hi, Ejji. <3
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:39 pm Ahoy, I'm the cop.

N0-Creature
[VOTE: hyena] aubergine

liar
your check is fake
sheep me, the real cop, and vote the closest mammal to a wolf here

as per rule, I’ll reveal my N0 check a bit later btw.
Syn wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:41 pm [quote=ejjinami post_id=817627 time=<a href="tel:1623624048">1623624048</a> user_id=937]
how do I disable smilies
https://mafiathesyndicate.com/ucp.php?i ... &mode=post
[/quote]
thanks
meow
Kami
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Kami »

Why would you be able to read esooa the best out of all of us lmao
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:35 pm I've got EJJ as villagery, Syn as possibly a villager and everyone else as a wolf if you all are looking for early reads.
I agree on Ejji, but more for her response to you asking her for her story, which came after this post you made. She sounds super-natural there in comparison to her other posts. Which post(s) stood out to you?
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

I was wondering why people kept writing “aubergine” in a small font after their votes…
so it’s automatic :/

it doesn’t mean anything, right?
meow
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:46 pm

N0-Creature

liar
your check is fake

Hyenas are more closely related to cats, not wolves. :P
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:49 pm I was wondering why people kept writing “aubergine” in a small font after their votes…
so it’s automatic :/

it doesn’t mean anything, right?
Yeah, it doesn't mean anything. It's there so that votes are easier to find if you're searching through a page. :P
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Kami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:47 pm
well you know I can't read you. Creature I've only played a couple games with and I don't have a baseline for him, and I've just seen esooa's village and wolf game and feel like I've got a good baseline there.
Also Deli is a bit tough to read as they're a master of tone.
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Re: NO Lasagna you LIARS, give me my lasagna flavor [DAY 1]

Post by ejjinami »

Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:50 pm
ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:46 pm

N0-Creature

liar
your check is fake

Hyenas are more closely related to cats, not wolves. :P
there are no dogs in the game tho so the point still stands :P
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:51 pm
Kami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:47 pm
well you know I can't read you. Creature I've only played a couple games with and I don't have a baseline for him, and I've just seen esooa's village and wolf game and feel like I've got a good baseline there.
Also Deli is a bit tough to read as they're a master of tone.
is deli good at faking their tone?
meow
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:24 pm I got no lasagna flavor in my role card
LIARS
ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:28 pm

You didn’t deserve it yet you still got this privilege
feel honored.
Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:49 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:35 pm I've got EJJ as villagery, Syn as possibly a villager and everyone else as a wolf if you all are looking for early reads.
I agree on Ejji, but more for her response to you asking her for her story, which came after this post you made. She sounds super-natural there in comparison to her other posts. Which post(s) stood out to you?
All of those intro posts sound good to me. I'm not going to give them any sort of weight once the game gets going but it seems like a good start.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Why did some of you call out Luckbox for the seer with a wolf peek thing? :P It would've been more fun to just roll with it and see who they ended up calling wolfy.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Re: NO Lasagna you LIARS, give me my lasagna flavor [DAY 1]

Post by Luckbox Inc »

ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:52 pm is deli good at faking their tone?
I think so.
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

eye roll

I THINK I might have played with deli once on MU
I remembered them as that one townie who kept ignoring the consensus, scum-reading players who had no chance of being eliminated and just kept… somewhat getting ignored
they were rather easy town there because of that but that was just 1 game as well
dunno how other games will go
meow
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

I expect to be able to read deli
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Creature »

Don't claim/hypoclaim yet
Alison

Post by Alison »

Don't hypo please.
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: Kami] aubergine
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:49 pmI agree on Ejji, but more for her response to you asking her for her story, which came after this post you made. She sounds super-natural there in comparison to her other posts. Which post(s) stood out to you?
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:55 pmAll of those intro posts sound good to me. I'm not going to give them any sort of weight once the game gets going but it seems like a good start.
I’m genuinely curious how useful early reads like those are

not really saying not to post them… I do it pretty much in all games as well
but I’m not entirely sure if I like me being town-read for pretty much noting, regardless if it’s early on or not
it feels just like empty words placed together just to form any sort of content
meow

Return to “Previous Heists”