I'm /In
63%
I'm /Out
5%
I'll Sub/Reserve
21%
I want to spectate!
5%
I want a post-cap lift period (Req. 7 votes from people who have also /in'ed)
5%

Total votes: 19
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Overtime Mafia [Signups]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Overtime Mafia
Created by: MartinGG99

Role-List:
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Vanilla Town
Custom 2-shot Doctor
Custom 2-shot Doctor

Mafia Role Cop
Mafia Strongman
Mafia Goon

Basic Mechanics:

Day Phase: 48 hours
Night Phase: 24 hours
During night, the thread will be open except for the last 2 hours prior to SoD (where it will be locked).
Night actions may only be submitted up to 1 hour prior to SoD.
Mafia will have a 24/7 BTSC chat channel via discord or any other format that is approved by the host.
There are no last wills or death notes.

Eliminations/Executions are plurality, done via a poll.
Votes are never locked.
There will be an option to skip an elimination, but the number of votes to skip must equal or outnumber the total number of votes to eliminate any player (Ex: If player A has 2 votes on them, and player B has 1 vote on them, then there must be 3 votes for skipping in order to skip).
Whenever you vote a player or "Skip" on the poll, or you are unvoting, you must state or mention that in a post (Using [VOTE: ] aubergine is preferred, though not necessary).
You may vote up to 2 players at a time; skip votes aren't counted for this purpose.
If by the end of a day phase you have more than 2 active votes (not counting skip) then none of your votes will be counted.
Ties in elimination votes (with exception to Skip votes) are arbitrarily resolved by whoever's first post in the day phase was later; If player A's first post on Day X is earlier than player B's first post on Day X then Player B will be eliminated.

Special post-cap limitation: There is a post cap of 75 per day & night phase. However, you may exceed this by another 75 posts per day; your post-cap for the next day phase will be reduced by how much you went over 75 posts!
For quality of life purposes, the host will keep track of everyone's post cap and will publicly post the updated limitations (I.e. "X Player's post-cap is at Y number of posts-in-topic until the next SoD") at the start of each day phase.
Please note that the post-cap is reset at the start of a day phase; meaning any posts made at night up until the next day phase will count as part of the post-cap!

Players may agree (prior to the game) to a post-cap lift that lasts from 2 hours prior to EoD until EoD. This will be determined via a poll on signups (where you can vote to have it as well as /in). If that is agreed upon by at least 7 players, then the following rules or statements in the spoiler here apply:
Spoiler: show
The host will also note and post when the post-cap has lifted. Within a few minutes after that, there will be a post noting how many posts were made by each player up to that point, with a reminder that any posts after that up until EoD will not count towards their post cap.

The thread will be locked at EoD temporarily until a post regarding the elimination is made, and a post made about player's post counts and how many posts they have left until the next SoD, where it is reset.

The Mafia have a factional kill each night. They will vote via PM, and in the event of a tie the player with the longest Syndicate username will win that tie.
The Mafia win by attaining 50% or more of the votes in the game (i.e. town have equal or less players alive than Mafia)
The Town win by eliminating the Mafia.

Rules:

You can expect fairly standard or typical rules, of which include things such as:
-No cheating or unauthorized BTSC of any kind.
-Typical forum rules apply (I.e. the guiding principle of "Don't be an asshat"). If you have a problem with a player specifically, then please contact the Game Facilitator.
-No invisible text.
-No editing or deletion of posts. If you need to edit, just quote your own post in a new post and do the edit that way.
-DO NOT show any evidence (i.e. image or screenshot) any PM from me. Paraphrasing or "using your own words" is allowed.

The host reserves this color, please avoid using colors similar to this.

While this is a game with a post-cap, it is expected that you make at least 5 posts per day phase. There is, however, NO expectation for you to post during a night phase.

There will be at least a 48-hour gap from the start time/date of the game and when role-cards are sent out. During that time, you are to reply to the role-card PM to confirm you are aware that the game is starting. Doing this task takes very little time, and unless your local power line got zapped by Zeus I don't expect any excuses for not confirming your role-card. Therefore, you will be replaced if you don't confirm/respond.

Role-Cards:
Vanilla Town

The basic town role card; you have no special abilities.
Custom 2-shot Doctor

You have two charges of a "protect" ability.

You may protect someone from night-kills during night. This will consume a charge.

You may use both your charges in a single night; however if both doctors attempt to collectively use more than 2 charges in a single night then only the first selection or target of each doctor will be done. The unused charge will be refunded.

You cannot self-protect.

You are not given feedback for successfully protecting someone, nor are your targets given feedback of being protected or healed.
Mafia Role Cop

Every night you may check someone for their role.

[insert discord link]
[insert names of mafia allies]
Mafia Strongman

You have a single-use night ability.

This ability will make the mafia factional kill ignore any doctor protection what-so-ever.

[insert discord link]
Mafia Goon

If the Mafia Strongman dies before using their single-use ability, you will be promoted to a Mafia Strongman and be given that ability.

Otherwise, you have no special abilities.

[insert discord link]

The game will being (by this I mean when role-cards are sent out for a 48 hour period) on the next Tuesday or Thursday at 7 PM (EST) after signups have been filled, AND the current rackets game (Making Friends & Enemies) has ended.

This means I'll check every Tuesday or Thursday to see if the signups are filled, and then send role-cards out if applicable. This also means the game's Day 1 will either start on a Thursday or Saturday.

SoD/EoD will always be at 7 PM (EST)
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Overtime Mafia [Signups]

Post by falcon45ca »

In plz
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

In
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DrWilgy »

I'll sideline until I'm more aware of my game timeline. Don't want to slank too much by stacking 3 games.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

/in
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Esooa
Made Man
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

/in
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by tutuu »

in
Poison
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Did I Say /in?
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

In but don't expect much outta me. :p
ImageImage
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

in as replacement for now
hi-lo
tedxtr
:wiz:
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

too late to in?

if not then consider this an in
ImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:41 pm too late to in?

if not then consider this an in
Nope, its not too late.

We only need 1 more player now.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

@Alison
@Esooa
@falcon45ca
@Long Con
@MacDougall
@Marmot
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@Poison
@sig
@Syn
@tedxtr
@tutuu

The 12 slots have been filled (or /in'ed)

Role-cards will be sent out soon!

The game will start in about 48 hours, and the game thread will be prepared later tonight.

I may delay the game by 24 hours if having the game start on Thanksgiving (A United States holiday) is a problem for some players.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Role-cards have been sent.

As a side note, mafia members won't be able to talk to each other until the game begins.

Locking this thread now, if you have any concerns or questions feel free to PM me or DM me via discord (MartinGG99#6510).
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:

Return to “Previous Racket Sign-Ups”