ɒiʇɒM

Moderator: Community Team

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 3

ɒiʇɒM

Post by G-Man »

ɒiʇɒM
I do not know which format this game would work best in. Please let me know what you think!

This game is a sort of opposite of mafia. In the game, the wincons are flipped. Civvies win if the Mafia outnumber the civvies at the end of the game. The Mafia wins by getting killed off.

So basically, the point of this game is for civvies to figure out who the other civvies are and eliminate them. The Mafia is trying to seem as civvie as possible in the hopes of getting killed off.

This idea came to me after seeing civvies just savage each other a few games in a row. It's almost standard practice around here at times. Why not make a game where that is the point?

There will be power roles, but probably no investigative roles. The Mafia is required to kill someone every night. No abstentions. The Mafia will be allowed to use their nightkill on one of their own teammates every couple of nights (depending on game size), but the final member of the team cannot commit suicide. He or she must be lynched.

This feels like it might serve better as a fast-and-loose kind of Speed game (24/24), but I can also see it merit being tried at the smaller, Heist level (48/24).

Thoughts?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 2

Re: ɒiʇɒM

Post by tutuu »

lol

idk if itd play but i imagined it and it definitely made me laugh

as uve said its not far fetched from how "standard" mafia games turn out anyway
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tutuu »

(btw typo'd, i meant "i'd play" not "it'd play" as in "i doubt ur game will play" im self-conscious that it sounded disparaging, wasnt wat i meant, sorry)
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ColinIsCool »

I'd probably play.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:33 pm (btw typo'd, i meant "i'd play" not "it'd play" as in "i doubt ur game will play" im self-conscious that it sounded disparaging, wasnt wat i meant, sorry)
ily.

i'd play with tutuu.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

If an admin would kindly move this to the Racket Submission thread, I would appreciate it. I have a few modifications to post this weekend to make it an official submission.
My Banners:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It is done.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

This game has been redesigned and is officially submitted as follows:

ɒiʇɒM
Number of Players: 15

Power Roles: 0

Factions: 12 civvies against a 3-player mafia team

Day Phases: 48 hours

Night Phases: 24 hours, locked thread (no posting)

Day Phase Post Limit: 50*

Mafia Kills: Required

Day 0: 24 hours with a 25-post limit

The Game Itself: This idea came to me after seeing civvies just savage each other a few games in a row. It's almost standard practice around here at times. Why not make a game where that is the point? Unlike regular Mafia, the civvies and baddies are each trying to get eliminated. If all three members of the Mafia team get eliminated, they win. If the Mafia team achieves parity and/or outnumbers the total number of civvies remaining, the civvies win.

Each day phase, someone will be voted out of the game through the poll. I have devised a system for breaking ties. This system shall remain a secret until the game has ended.

Each night, the Mafia team selects one player in the game to kill. If none of the Mafia members are eliminated via the poll through Day 3, the Mafia may opt to kill one of their own on Night 3. If they make it to Night 5 without having a remaining member of the team voted out, they may opt to kill one of their own again that night. If a member of the Mafia is eliminated via the day poll on Day 1, Day 2, or Day 3, then the remaining two members of the Mafia team have to wait until Night 5 to opt to kill one of the two remaining teammates. The final Mafia team member is prohibited from committing suicide to win the game.

*Rollover Posts:
Each player is initially limited to 50 posts per day phase. I was going to cap it at 30, but I felt more posts were necessary given the 48-hour day phase length. If a player uses their full 50 posts on Day 1, nothing happens. If a player doesn't use up their post limit on Day 1, then their remaining posts are rolled over into Day 2, but they will be allocated to the other remaining players. For example: If Player A only posts 10 times during Day 1, 40 posts will be rolled over and distributed to the other players for Day 2.

Rollover posts are use-it-or-lose-it the following day. They cannot keep rolling forward. Everyone has a base of 50 posts each day, plus whatever quantity of rollover posts they received on top of that 50-post base. Rollover posts are used first the following day phase. This way, each day phase has the potential to generate additional rollover posts for subsequent days. This is an attempt to counterbalance quieter players from grinding the game to a halt. There will be no rollover posts from Day 0.
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

wafia
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”