Spectator Thread

Moderator: Community Team

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 178

Re: Spectator Thread

Post by DharmaHelper »

I had a dream Opt had an idol, got voted out because she didn't use it.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote: Kerosine
Jesus H. Christ, I was hopelessly staring at "kerosen" missing a third e to it for two hours yesterday, with no clue this variant existed.

why is this allowed

fok science
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:I had a dream Opt had an idol, got voted out because she didn't use it.
I'm rooting for her, so she better not. :eek:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 159
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
Scotty wrote: Kerosine
Jesus H. Christ, I was hopelessly staring at "kerosen" missing a third e to it for two hours yesterday, with no clue this variant existed.

why is this allowed

fok science
I think to know that was a variant you would have had to use one of those boggle solvers. I never knew that was a variant either.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

What's going on in btsc today Scotty? Anything good?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 157
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:What's going on in btsc today Scotty? Anything good?
Well.
Golden found a pile of rocks yesterday that he strung together and made into a fake immunity idol. He hid it in the shallow pool.
Quin, who now has the secret ability to select another day option, went hunting in the shallow pool, because he was notified that a hidden immunity idol was buried. He received it, and is now debating whether or not it is a real idol or not.

Meanwhile, no one has found the real idol sitting in the weeds. DF almost did, but Opt moved DF away. Quin has no idea. He probablt surmises that one of Golden or DF has the idol from the location.

The idol from the original Mamana tribe still hasn't been played either.
As far as BTSC goes, not a lot of people have been on and scheming. SVS and DF found items in the jungle- SVS shared her find with Sorsha and Opt, which is a 1-use message to the thread.

LoRab has suggested to speed to vote out DF, since he seems redundant with everyone healed. Lorab then told Quin that she, Golden and Opt, who are talking at the water well, to vote for INH since no one seems to trust him. With DF as a backup vote. They are apparently concerned that INH found an idol at Exile Island.

When in reality,
INH found a clue to where the idol is not. He went searching for it in one of the spots and received an item last night instead which will allow him to add himself to any reward. But no idol.

Anyhow, Quin is getting suspicious that fake idols are a thing in the game. He may be on to slight change in syntax when he found the fake idol. But he doesn't know.

That's the gist right now. Have to go.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:What's going on in btsc today Scotty? Anything good?
Well.
Golden found a pile of rocks yesterday that he strung together and made into a fake immunity idol. He hid it in the shallow pool.
Quin, who now has the secret ability to select another day option, went hunting in the shallow pool, because he was notified that a hidden immunity idol was buried. He received it, and is now debating whether or not it is a real idol or not.

Meanwhile, no one has found the real idol sitting in the weeds. DF almost did, but Opt moved DF away. Quin has no idea. He probablt surmises that one of Golden or DF has the idol from the location.

The idol from the original Mamana tribe still hasn't been played either.
As far as BTSC goes, not a lot of people have been on and scheming. SVS and DF found items in the jungle- SVS shared her find with Sorsha and Opt, which is a 1-use message to the thread.

LoRab has suggested to speed to vote out DF, since he seems redundant with everyone healed. Lorab then told Quin that she, Golden and Opt, who are talking at the water well, to vote for INH since no one seems to trust him. With DF as a backup vote. They are apparently concerned that INH found an idol at Exile Island.

When in reality,
INH found a clue to where the idol is not. He went searching for it in one of the spots and received an item last night instead which will allow him to add himself to any reward. But no idol.

Anyhow, Quin is getting suspicious that fake idols are a thing in the game. He may be on to slight change in syntax when he found the fake idol. But he doesn't know.

That's the gist right now. Have to go.
Quin's a pretty smart kid. Thanks for the update Scotty.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DF claiming that alliances are "Breaking down" is an obvious attempt to save Atamai from being on the back foot.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

On the one hand, poor decision to get rid of INH and give Atamai holdouts a foothold into the game. On the other, he's a shady S.O.B and the core shot callers probably figured they could cut him and not lose too much momentum.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:On the one hand, poor decision to get rid of INH and give Atamai holdouts a foothold into the game. On the other, he's a shady S.O.B and the core shot callers probably figured they could cut him and not lose too much momentum.
It's amazing how revealing information to each other has worked out against him.

He never revealed he was making people sick- and he did stop doing so the past few nights- but all of the alliance members sorta figured it out.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

He told me his role, and I never told a soul. I did warn him that coming clean to people would be the better strategy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:He told me his role, and I never told a soul. I did warn him that coming clean to people would be the better strategy.
Well Quin flat out told Opt that he has the ability to secretly select another day poll option.

We'll see how that goes for him.

Oh, BTSC update- SVS, golden, Quin and Opt have a final 4 deal.
Opt, golden and LoRab also have a final 3 deal.

someone is on the outs

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:He told me his role, and I never told a soul. I did warn him that coming clean to people would be the better strategy.
Well Quin flat out told Opt that he has the ability to secretly select another day poll option.

We'll see how that goes for him.

Oh, BTSC update- SVS, golden, Quin and Opt have a final 4 deal.
Opt, golden and LoRab also have a final 3 deal.

someone is on the outs
My money is on LoRab. But I really want all Mamana final 3.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

if it were me I'd be thinking about who has commitments to whom. You don't want to be in a final five, final four situation with people who have clear cut ties to people who aren't you. Numbers are everything.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:if it were me I'd be thinking about who has commitments to whom. You don't want to be in a final five, final four situation with people who have clear cut ties to people who aren't you. Numbers are everything.
With DF receiving 3 votes, I'd probably be trying to scramble a bit more in thread if I were him. There's only so much to talk about in BTSC, especially if you've already prescribed who you're talking to. I'd think it be fairly obvious to go "uhhh these guys are running the show, we need to make a move".

But then, I'm not playing the game. :shrug2:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

You'd be amazed how much people will let you get away with, if you do it with style and confidence and swagger. My Negan play should have got me out Day 1, tbh.

So if the guys running the show do so from a position of strength, that perception will become in everyone else's mind, a reality. There will be no point in making a move because there will be no move to make.

It's one of my favorite techniques in mafia and in games like this. You don't have to convince anyone of anything, you just have to let them convince themselves. If they perceive that the only available move is the move you want them to make, you win every time.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:You'd be amazed how much people will let you get away with, if you do it with style and confidence and swagger. My Negan play should have got me out Day 1, tbh.

So if the guys running the show do so from a position of strength, that perception will become in everyone else's mind, a reality. There will be no point in making a move because there will be no move to make.

It's one of my favorite techniques in mafia and in games like this. You don't have to convince anyone of anything, you just have to let them convince themselves. If they perceive that the only available move is the move you want them to make, you win every time.
Confidence kills. It ain't about what you know, or what you can do, or what you have. It's about what people think you know, what people think you can do, what people think you have.

People are much more afraid of the Boogeyman than they are of anything real.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:You'd be amazed how much people will let you get away with, if you do it with style and confidence and swagger. My Negan play should have got me out Day 1, tbh.

Confidence kills. It ain't about what you know, or what you can do, or what you have. It's about what people think you know, what people think you can do, what people think you have.

It's a shame you didn't make Jury, man. This is grade A stuff

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

It's a shame you didn't make Jury, man. This is grade A stuff
I'm electric with anticipation for the next game like this.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Upon some self reflection and re-reading old similar games I think my problem is I'm too loyal in these games. So my next iteration will probably involve at the very least a more careful approach.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:Upon some self reflection and re-reading old similar games I think my problem is I'm too loyal in these games. So my next iteration will probably involve at the very least a more careful approach.
INH was feeling pretty trusting too- he told me he was about to make a big move, but fell short with that blindside.

Trust no one

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Upon some self reflection and re-reading old similar games I think my problem is I'm too loyal in these games. So my next iteration will probably involve at the very least a more careful approach.
INH was feeling pretty trusting too- he told me he was about to make a big move, but fell short with that blindside.

Trust no one
Speaking of big moves, I hope nobody thinks INH's blindside was a big move. No offense to the guy but he wasn't exactly in a power position to begin with. Taking out someone like Golden or SVS would be a power play.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If you want Jury votes you gotta have scalps on your record. Plural. You gotta get bloody and fast.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:If you want Jury votes you gotta have scalps on your record. Plural. You gotta get bloody and fast.
I don't necessarily agree with that. That wasn't how it turned out when we played Survivor on Rev.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:If you want Jury votes you gotta have scalps on your record. Plural. You gotta get bloody and fast.
I don't necessarily agree with that. That wasn't how it turned out when we played Survivor on Rev.
On Rev it was mafia vs. Civs.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:
The beauty of it is that no jury member will have the same qualifications for the ultimate survivor. Hell, Epi flat out said if Elo, Opt or (SVS?) make it to the end he'd vote for one of them to win

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:
The beauty of it is that no jury member will have the same qualifications for the ultimate survivor. Hell, Epi flat out said if Elo, Opt or (SVS?) make it to the end he'd vote for one of them to win
Yes it will be interesting to see.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:
Yes but neither of them had a lot of scalps on their record.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:
What I meant was the people voting had the benefit of trying to pick either mafia or civ. Here, your only benefit is what you did to get to the end.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:
What I meant was the people voting had the benefit of trying to pick either mafia or civ. Here, your only benefit is what you did to get to the end.
Yes, I know what you're saying. I just don't think racking up scalps is necessarily the way to get votes. Integrity may be more of a factor. We'll see if the people in Ponderosa talk about why they would vote for certain people.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

To be honest if anyone goes up against any of the bigger name players/ power players, they're going to lose. It'll be interesting to see if/when that power structure gets toppled.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm starting to think SVS has a good chance of winning. I like the way she is playing. I still think Golden has a good chance too and Opt Outside. OO is new and people might be loathe to vote her because of that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well, I'm glad I didn't have to play this challenge. Don't need another excuse for people to hate me :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

See, a two-person tribal is where having numbers on your side would matter. Voting INH out may bite some people in the butt here.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sorsha is going to win this and people won't even see it coming.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:Sorsha is going to win this and people won't even see it coming.
I mean if ever there was a time to make a move now would be it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

BTSC Update:
You'll be happy to learn that there will be no automatic BTSC in tomorrow's phase.

Meanwhile:
LoRab was paranoid in her BTSC about Opt's loyalty after she broke Golden and LoRab's plates first. She's calmed down a little, but is still questioning things.

SVS REALLY wants Elo gone, but isn't thinking of doing so yet. Maybe tomorrow.
She is continuing to slightly suggest the final 5 all-girls alliance, but is being very soft about it.
Golden and LoRab are pushing for a split from the "In" people- half voting DF, half voting speed. Speed is left slightly in the dark, since no one BtSC'd with him. He's looking to do whatever he can now to start an uprising.
DF is over the game and is feeling rather defeated. He hasn't used an action in several phases now. :(
I convinced him to vote not for himself, but he's looking like a sad sad puppy right now.

Several people, including speed, have expressed concern that having Golden in the final 3 will win him the game. But for some reason, that hasn't deterred LoRab or SVS. They haven't even talked about the real possibility it that it may be getting time for a blindside.

Because there are 2 vote-outs today, an idol is probably getting played...

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:Golden: But no matter what else happens, I won't vote opt
Sounds like he's still strong for a final 2 with opt. Dunno what her plan is.

Quin and SVS are still locked for a final 2 I think though.
Apparently SVS forgot what chat she was in and posted that she was voting speed since he was on the bottom of the alliance. Speed came into chat, and didn't seem upset- he is convinced he's going home tonight, so he urged everyone that would listen to vote Golden out now, since he thinks it will be harder to do so as the game gets closer to endgame.

Sorsha's dad is getting better, so that's good.
Quin joked that he was going to play his fake idol on DF tonight to gain jury sympathy. Lolz
Tomorrow's challenge will test willpower. It's a throwback challenge to early Survivor. Can anyone guess what it might be?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lorab's paranoia struck me when we had BTSC. She was on my watch list.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

15 minutes till we find out who came to play and who came to give the game away.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Speedchuck and DF, two easy and foolish picks. Nobody's got their eyes on the prize, Probst.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:15 minutes till we find out who came to play and who came to give the game away.
Well...speed tried to form a coalition, but no one was seemingly biting.

Damn shame. But it did flush out Golden's idol.

Let's see if anyone can make anything of that

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:15 minutes till we find out who came to play and who came to give the game away.

Considering Quin's still around after he burned an idol getting me out I doubt it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Considering Quin's still around after he burned an idol getting me out I doubt it.
It means also that someone may refind the idol.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote:She is continuing to slightly suggest the final 5 all-girls alliance, but is being very soft about it.
That'd only be like, what, the third time on this website? :disappoint:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
Scotty wrote:She is continuing to slightly suggest the final 5 all-girls alliance, but is being very soft about it.
Rico, what game besides GOC ended with all women?

And yay Scotty - no bts - I think that will be interesting for them.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty I don't know whether you want to help the Ponderosa people at all but since I didn't know what kind of questions jurors ask survivors I googled it and found this link. I don't know whats on the podcast but the text tells what some jurors have asked in the past http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-2014 ... y-answers/

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Rico, what game besides GOC ended with all women?
Enrique's LMS game.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Scotty I don't know whether you want to help the Ponderosa people at all but since I didn't know what kind of questions jurors ask survivors I googled it and found this link. I don't know whats on the podcast but the text tells what some jurors have asked in the past http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-2014 ... y-answers/
That's great, thanks juliets!

Scotty
Jeff