JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
KZA
No votes
Poison
No votes
No Eviction
10%
Tarek El Moussa and Christina Haack (Host, MoD, Dead, Nons)
50%

Total votes: 10
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mafia (DAY 5)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:49 pm I think Scirrus might be a better option that Poison if it comes to that. If I weren’t me I would be especially suspicious of the last post he made - say it’s me and Scirrus and maybe a third who are the mafia, and we’ve just been hiding a kill for the right time.

7 players left. We yeet Poison (possibly civ in this scenario) and it’s a 3v3 or 4v2, which a well placed kill could bring down to 3v2, but then you also have my double vote. In this scenario, given both of us were mafia, I could use my extra vote to finish the game for scum. Then you should be yeeting me. Scirrus would be prefer himself to be killed, because he’s less valuable at the time, while also potentially clearing me as a civ.

I give you this instead - no yeet today, and if there’s a kill tonight, just kill me and get ahead of a potential problem (I AM a civ but I won’t care at that point after being so wrong). But if there isn’t a kill then let’s kill Scirrus. And even in the dreaded scenario that he and I were a team, the whole thing would’ve only been a loss for the mafia team and a net win for civilians (who didn’t lose anyone).

Are there any issues with this plan? Let me know.
If there are three mafia, no eviction followed by night kill bring the game to 3-3 parity and civilians lose.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

Scirrus is the only person to actually kill someone so I'm voting there best I can come up with
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Enrique »

Enrique wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:49 pm I think Scirrus might be a better option that Poison if it comes to that. If I weren’t me I would be especially suspicious of the last post he made - say it’s me and Scirrus and maybe a third who are the mafia, and we’ve just been hiding a kill for the right time.

7 players left. We yeet Poison (possibly civ in this scenario) and it’s a 3v3 or 4v2, which a well placed kill could bring down to 3v2, but then you also have my double vote. In this scenario, given both of us were mafia, I could use my extra vote to finish the game for scum. Then you should be yeeting me. Scirrus would be prefer himself to be killed, because he’s less valuable at the time, while also potentially clearing me as a civ.

I give you this instead - no yeet today, and if there’s a kill tonight, just kill me and get ahead of a potential problem (I AM a civ but I won’t care at that point after being so wrong). But if there isn’t a kill then let’s kill Scirrus. And even in the dreaded scenario that he and I were a team, the whole thing would’ve only been a loss for the mafia team and a net win for civilians (who didn’t lose anyone).

Third scenario - I’m scum but he isn’t. He’s lynched, then it’s potentially a 3v3 and town loses (yeah that’s a fucking risk with anyone) or a 4v2 and there’s the votes to lynch me, so I still offer myself to go after Scirrus. Unless I also killed that night and it’s a 3v2 and I can make sure there isn’t a lynch. Ah who fucking cares. It’s all a risk.

I forget if KZA’s role is just a pardon or also switch. That could be used against me in that scenario, or if he’s my teammate, say fingersplints’ block against me or the suspected teammate. idfk. I’m sure there’s a strategy to cover most potential holes.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:52 pm

If there are three mafia, no eviction followed by night kill bring the game to 3-3 parity and civilians lose.
If they have a kill why not use it last night and win? If we’re working under that assumption then Poison is the last logical choice for a yeet today.
ImageImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

My role just causes a no eviction once. I have to submit it before the poll closes.
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Fourth scenario - Poison and I are the mafia. After no evict today we’re 5v2, after a kill 4v2 and I’m dangerous enough to yeet; if no kill Poison or Scirrus can be yeeted and it’s 4v2 or 5v1, where I’m still overpowered; if I can kill then it’s 3v2 or 4v1. I win in the former, I’m easily rid of in the latter. So I think it makes sense to renew my offer that if there’s a kill at all you just yeet me immediately.
ImageImageImageImage
Scirrus
The Mark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Scirrus »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:51 pm
Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:49 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:39 pm
Scirrus wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:38 pm Enrique isn't mafia. Yeet me over him if you'd like

But my vote's on Poison.
Why is Enrique not mafia?
Because he's expressed many thoughts this game I find unlikely to come from mafia. Enrique's mindset doesn't read like someone who's been deceiving civillians all game to me. He seems like demotivated town who just had an aha! maybe this will work! moment. Digging into the flavor and speculating on how it supports a no evict is icing on the cake! If he's mafia then GG. I got outplayed. I'm fine with that.
Very well.

Who has expressed thoughts that come from mafia?
Poison has been sitting back this whole game, only really giving NA results and doesn't seem too worried or demotivated

KZA has also been just riding the wave, not really stirring things up, and linki tells me he just back to say that i should be voted just because I got a kill on someone, right after Enrique suggested I be killed

Only other person i'm really suspicious of is JJJ but he's "townier" than the other two. I felt that some of his suspicion on me throughout the game has been fake and inorganic, especially when he had a notable strong town read on me early on. And some thoughts seem not quite as fleshed out as I would guess. A little too much deferring to mechanics over behavioral reading. I mostly have this read because I consider him very skilled but yeah. It is what it is.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A big-ass ridiculous effort to interpret G-Man's host posts

Day 0 Start

Title: Hell On eArth  Capital ‘A’ generates HOA acronym, homeowner’s association

Notes:

Corey Lenker accuses homeowners association board members of mob associations as they bail on Piano Estates.

Justin Lenker seems displeased at Corey’s candidness, and that displeasure is not an act:

“Oh now you shut your fat face” – when Corey had rolled up the truck window after hurling those accusations. Waiting for Corey to roll the window up when others could no longer hear their dialogue suggests that Justin really did find Corey’s openness problematic. He wasn’t selling it for the board members.

Page 37 of the covenants is apparently important, whatever that means.

Day 1 Start

Title: Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Notes:

Jacob Ferraro speaks with Phil about Corey Lenker’s claims of organized crime. They discuss page 37, which seems to detail the rules for a forced eviction of a Piano Estates resident by plurality vote. This clearly references our Day phase votes.

Corey Lenker said in the Day 0 post that the page 37 clause would be the solution these board members would need whenever they figured out who has mafia ties. To me, so far, this clearly indicates that mafia exist, or at least that someone non-civilian exists. We use the page 37 clause to eliminate the mafia (by voting in Day phases as normal).

Also note that Ferraro speaks facetiously of the Italian names among the residents. My own character has a name that sounds Italian. All of the dead players have names that sound Italian. I suspect we all do.

Night 1 Start

Title: F#@K Flamini

The HOA board held a meeting when the first call for an eviction vote came about. We evicted Anthony Testa (Nanook). G-Man indicates that “Most people in Phase 1 voted for someone living in Phase 2 or 3. Both Phase 2 and Phase 3 residents voted in a similar manner. Then there was that one atheist oddball who case a vote for ‘Pope Francis and his illegitimate sky god.” I don’t know what these “Phases” refer to; it may stem from HOA jargon I have never heard of. But G-Man may be referring to the vote wagons of Day 1…

[3] Epignosis – Nanook, Marmot, Grogu
[5] Nanook – JJJ, fingersplints, Long Con, Scirrus, Enrique
[1] JJJ – Epignosis
[1] MarmotAlisonnay

Everyone that voted for Epignosis is confirmed to be civilian. Only LC is confirmed civilian among Nanook voters. I am too, but not from your perspectives – four people unresolved on that wagon is notable. Maybe one of those separate votes from Epignosis or chardonnay represents G-Man’s “Pope Francis” bit up there. Dunno.

Day 2 Start

Title: When the Moon Hits Your Eye Like a Magnum .45

Notes:

This post might be particularly important, because it accompanies the only Night phase kill of the game – Marmot, claimed by Scirrus. G-Man’s language begins with an aura of straight up murder – someone shot Vince Garofalo (Marmot) in the neck and then ran away from the scene “cutting between two houses”. The end is less overtly murderous, when Ferraro laments that the neighbors have “turned on each other [in just a matter of days]”. This one is rather inconclusive and could support either a mafia or no-mafia theory.

Night 2 Start

Title: The Vindictive and the Evicted

Notes:

Martin DeLuca (Long Con) is evicted. G-Man explicitly states that the “Phase 3 crowd banded together” and “rallied around evicting someone from Phase 1”. Long Con was Phase 1, whatever that means if anything. I can reference the previous poll with this:

G-Man said Phase 1 mostly voted for people in Phase 2/3, and Phase 2/3 did the same [presumably in reverse?]. Long Con voted with this group on Day 1, for Nanook: [JJJ, fingersplints, Scirrus, Enrique]. All or most of these people would be Phase 1 then (again, if we’re to take G-Man quite so literally). And all four of those players are alive.

In the Day 2 poll, only 6 of 10 slots placed a vote. Long Con himself voted “no eviction” (note that he did not win the game instantly). Fingersplints, Enrique, Epignosis, JJJ, and Scirrus voted for Long Con. Again, all five are still alive. If this is “Phase 3 banding together” to evict Long Con, Phase 3 would have to overlap Phase 1 a ton – only Epi’s name is different. So maybe these Phases are meaningless.

Day 3 Start

Title: That’s More Like It

Notes:

Nobody died, and Ferraro was relieved. “Perhaps this would be the day when reason prevailed, neighbors could get back to being neighbors, and all this drama could be put to rest.” This is compatible with a “no mafia” theory, but that also feels like quite a reach. This is just a character that doesn’t want people fucking killing each other, as is typical of humans with morals.

Night 3 Start

Title: Of Privity and Proxy

Notes:

Luca Fontana (Alisonnay) is evicted. Ferraro discovered the Lenker brothers’ eviction clause (page 37) stood on shaky legal ground and wished to prevent another vote. It happened anyway. Phase 1 and Phase 3 “cliques” fought over a “decisive proxy vote” – Enrique’s double vote – and one side won out. “It benefitted their side this time.” – if G-Man is bold enough, that sentence might translate to “Enrique is mafia.” I will stay calm.

Day 3 final poll:

[4] Alisonnay – Enrique, JJJ, Epignosis, Scirrus (all alive)
[4] Scirrus – fingersplints, KZA, Grogu, Alison (two of four alive)

Day 4 Start

Title: More of the Same

Notes:

Nobody died. Ferraro is despondent that these votes keep happening and is worried about the legal ramifications. He fears lawsuits if they continue to enforce the eviction vote clause of page 37. “Dave” talks with him on the phone and encourages him to try to “calm people down if you can”. Maybe that supports a no-mafia theory. Again, none of this is exactly “compelling”. I’m not sure it ever would be.

Night 4 Start

Title: Giving Up the Ghost

Notes:

Grogu was evicted. Poll:

[1] Enrique – Grogu
[5] Grogu – Enrique, fingersplints, Epignosis, JJJ, KZA
[1] JJJ – Scirrus

The language here is just more Ferraro despondency. He resigns his position while the HOA board members made “yet another mistake”. This need only refer to Grogu’s civilian alignment. G-Man suggests “Phase 2” has dwindled to smaller voting numbers, among them the “Flamini” character he has ripped on. Phase 1 and 3 apparently continue to be at each other’s throats while Phase 2 operates as much needed tiebreak votes. I don’t know if any of this matters – it seemed apparent earlier that trying to associate the players in this game with Phases is a fool’s errand.

Day 5 Start

Title: The Calm Before the Storm (ominous)

Notes:

Nobody died. Ferraro continues to groan inwardly about the HOA board members calling eviction meetings.

“What he did care about was the chatter about who in the neighborhood was preemptively seeking out lawyers for advice in case they were the next innocent victims of the process. Some who already had lawyers were now streamlining the process through sharing advice about the process and making recommendations.”

If it means anything, it isn’t encouraging. The implication is impending failure, that another innocent will be evicted. “The calm before the storm”. It’s also “calm” in that nobody died, so meh.

~~~

Conclusion

There is a lot to unpack in all that, and I can't even be sure any of it matters at all. I only know that in the past G-Man has liked to make his host posts relevant to game activity. He once had me have sex with myself in a host post when I successfully prevented my own night kill (Mad Max). I believe I have also seen G-Man lament outright that the practice is not more common, or that it isn't as common as it used to be. So I do think that there's something useful in there.

Do I believe this material can confidently support a theory that no mafia exist in this game? No, I don't. I think there are elements and excerpts that could fit the bill if the reader wants them too, but I don't see good reasons to make the assumption. There is also plenty here that is suggestive of a mafia team existing, most importantly the very first major host post opening Day 0. The Lenker brothers are long gone; we haven't heard from or about them in days. All we have is their parting warning: that mob associations exist in this community. I don't think the warning was meant to be interpreted as bullshit. They really are gone after all, so something scared them off.

I'm killing someone today.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Separate notes:

~ If there are three mafia members with a factional kill, I see no reason for them to abstain on Night 4. Just kill someone and win the game. Therefore, if there are three mafia, then Poison is one of them. She was blocked and there was no kill.

Not thrilled to rely on blocks? I'm not either, but we still should be mindful of what information we have here. There may only be two mafia, or a hostile independent, or a non-killing "mafia" team, or something else, so Poison is not confirmed mafia.

~ If the mafia have a factional kill, it would seem to be confirmed that they abstained from using it on Night 3. fingersplints' block on Grogu was the only openly known means by which a kill could be prevented, and Grogu was a civilian. Everyone else was present to submit a kill and, as far as we know, not prevented from successfully carrying it out. Such abstinence could plausibly involve fingersplints herself, though not necessarily.

~ If there are two mafia, then this is not the last chance we will get. It's possible we could even get multiple extra if the non-killing tradition continues.

~ Perhaps the most important thing, for me, to emerge from my host post review was the state of the end-day polls. We have evicted four people:

Nanook, Long Con, Alisonnay, and Grogu. The following players contributed to at least one of those evictions: JJJ x4, fingersplints x3, Long Con x1, Scirrus x3, Enrique x4, Epignosis x3, and KZA x1.

Somehow, out of four evictions, only ONE player on ALL wagons combined has been flipped (Long Con, civilian). That's a total of 6 people. Let's also consider who among those six has received final poll votes:

Epignosis -- 3 votes on Day 1, second-largest wagon
JJJ - 1 vote on Day 1, low threat

Nobody on Day 2

Scirrus - 4 votes on Day 3, tied wagon sans-Enrique

Enrique - 1 vote on Day 4, low threat
JJJ - 1 vote on Day 4, low threat

If mafia were saved in favor of evicting civilians, the obvious standout names are Epignosis and Scirrus. Between the two I find Scirrus immediately more compelling; otherwise Epignosis abstained a kill and will have that gross shit forever stained on his record. It isn't a necessity that such a "save" theory be adopted, but it can fit nicely with a proposed team that has already been jockeyed often in the game: Enrique and Scirrus.

The two of them combined have placed 7 of 8 possible votes on wagons that killed civilians, and Scirrus was a counterwagon to Alisonnay saved precisely by an Enrique double vote. I realize my own voting record is trash and that fingersplints and Epignosis aren't sterling either. Everyone alive has a bad record, but it's particularly so given the inordinate prevalence of living players on dead civilian wagons.

With that in mind I want to look at our dead friends' final votes too.

Nanook: Epignosis D1
Marmot: Epignosis D1
Long Con: Nanook D1, No Eviction D2
Alisonnay: Marmot D1, None D2, Scirrus D3
Grogu: Epignosis D1, None D2, Scirrus D3, Enrique D4

Epi's Day 1 wagon of total purity is one of the game's bigger curiosities. Maybe I should care about that. Otherwise I don't get a ton from this; it just faintly points toward the Enrique/Scirrus pair a bit more. It's important to state that Alison's Day 3 vote for Scirrus was not for self-preservation. She was vocally anti-Scirrus, and I don't believe she was even at risk to be evicted at the time of her own vote.

~~~

This post might seem like a meandering thread of nonsense. I am writing it as I sort through the game and try to figure it out, and it might well make no sense to other readers. Oh well, I'll post it anyway.

[VOTE: Scirrus] aubergine

~~~

ALSO,

Those who wish to entertain a "no mafia exists, vote no eviction" theory ought to have no qualms with doing that another day. If that's the answer, then it's all the same doing it later as it is doing it now. Indeed doing it now while we cannot have real confidence in the idea makes no sense.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

To put it simply: I'm voting with a different group this time. If folks from that group [Epignosis, Enrique, fingersplints, Scirrus] want to follow me then fine, but I am not following them if I can help it.

[17]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Further rationale:

I am acting on the assumption that this game has no more than two mafia or evil-doers or whatever they might be. I don't care about the Poison role block. If there are three mafia then I am content to eliminate her teammates first, confirm her at F3 and win, or lose in that effort. Poison is the easiest vote on the board and absolutely the one the mafia will pursue if she is not among them. Scirrus has done so with his most vocal alternative proposal being to vote no eviction.

If there's a mafia team then he is on it. If that is untrue, then I will still revel in the idea that all the irritated "why didn't you follow the mech" dead people complaining in hypothetical spec chat had a bad pet suspect and know nothing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

Well that’s a lot 😛

I don’t really like the idea of the “no eviction” lynch. That would have been an idea to try out something like day 1 when there weren’t any strong suspicions. I’m pretty sure I actually even pointed out that it was on the poll day 1, and asked what it was about, but no one wanted to discuss it then. Not an option I’m going to take now.

Sorry my head is a bit fuzzy right now, but who is the player that claimed the lynch stop? Was it KZA? Just trying to remember what potential lynch manipulations are out there. (I remember that Enrique has an extra vote and Epi already used his vote cancel)

Today’s vote comes down to scirrus and poison for me. Scirrus for preexisting suspicion plus today’s push of the “no eviction.” Plus how he is handling both JJJ and Enrique. Enrique he is basically vouching for. Is this another situation where he is distancing from someone with heat on them so if/when Enrique comes back civvie, he doesn’t have a part in it? With JJJ, it just seems a bit like subtle name dropping of suspicion. Sowing little seeds of distrust for later if you will, because one of the “more trusted” will eventually have to go.

Poison, I think might be mafia, but tbh she’s not given us much. So if I’m wrong about that, I wouldn’t feel too bad except for from a numbers perspective it puts us closer to losing.

I think I’m talking myself more into scirrus here, but I’ve got time.
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We have six hours and currently a 3-way tie between Poison, Scirrus, and No Eviction (assuming double vote).

Consolidate. Vote Scirrus.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ok I switched. My reevaluate of my suspicions earlier put scirrus slightly above poison.
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*digs finger into own bum and picks liberally*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

So still no one talking. Ok I’ll think out loud to myself I guess :p

We have 7 players left. Possibilities are 2 mafia 5 town or 3 mafia 4 town.

If we lynch another town today, we might be in trouble.

If scirrus is mafia as we suspect, who would be e teammates. Poison? KZA? Enrique? Both KZA and Enrique have some lynch manipulation so we might be in trouble. Really hoping it’s poison and scirrus and that’s it
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

I am here. For whatever that is worth. Happy birthday G-Man. Can we have a mafia lynch to celebrate?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Scirrus] aubergine
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

fingersplints wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:04 pm So still no one talking. Ok I’ll think out loud to myself I guess :p

If scirrus is mafia as we suspect, who would be e teammates. Poison? KZA? Enrique? Both KZA and Enrique have some lynch manipulation so we might be in trouble. Really hoping it’s poison and scirrus and that’s it
I have some bad news for you
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Alternatively, we could yeet someone who is not me, preferably one of Posion, KZA, or JJJ.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If the N3 kill was not blocked, then:

JJJ doesn't abstain from killing. To him it would be against the spirit of the game.

FS is old school and I could see her going, "What do you mean skip a kill?"

Enrique I have had more experience with than the others, but not as much. I don't know what he'd do.

The others are wild cards for me on that point. If I get a chance I'll look at how some of the remaining people have treated one another.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 39

Post by G-Man »

FYI- I just got out of a Zoom meeting. It's time for dessert and putting the girls to bed. As such, the end-of-day post will be delayed by 15-30 minutes.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

please flip scum
KZA
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Please flip something different

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

KZA wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:57 pmplease flip scum
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:00 pm Please flip something different
Eh?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:01 pm
Eh?
Just pointlessly appealing to the clouds for the game to move forward in a positive way finally.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:02 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:01 pm
Eh?
Just pointlessly appealing to the clouds for the game to move forward in a positive way finally.
Got it. Don't freak me out like that.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 39

Post by G-Man »

Shot Across the Bow

"Watch it, Ferraro, or you'll be next."

That comment stuck with Jacob all the way home and all the way through the contents of a bottle of finely-aged bourbon.

He had pulled what most considered a stunt- trying to get homeowners to vote with him for no eviction. It wouldn't solve the problem of ferreting out the nefarious, so his efforts were met with contempt from both sides. Finally- something Phase 1 and Phase 3 could agree on!

Normally, he would have dismissed such a petulant threat. These days though? He had no reason to underestimate anyone anymore.

Jacob was left with difficult decision: should he start looking for a realtor to sell his house to escape this hot mess, or should he start looking for a lawyer to defend him against eviction?

In the end, he dismissed the binary choice altogether and ordered more bourbon online instead.

----------------------

Scirrus has been evicted. He was:
DOMINIC MARASCO, a civvie. You don't want any trouble in the neighborhood, so you take it upon yourself to patrol the neighborhood from time to time while armed. You are a one-shot civvie-aligned vigilante. You must use your one-shot power on or before Night 3 or else you will be rendered vanilla.

It is now Night 5.

Day 6 will begin at approximately 9:00 p.m. EST tomorrow.

Please send in your role PMs in a timely manner.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
KZA
Loan Shark

Re: Mafia (NIGHT 5)

Post by KZA »

Yeah why not huh
KZA
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Okee dokee! Smokey! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Thanks for fighting the good fight @Scirrus. I'm not sure what you fought against, but I'm glad you fought nonetheless.

The game isn't over so that's swell. Options:

~ Two-player mafia team
~ Hostile independent(s)
~ Troll game where [VOTE: is a serious win condition or something similar] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Oh you, vote tags. Oh you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:37 pm
Shot Across the Bow

That comment stuck with Jacob all the way home and all the way through the contents of a bottle of finely-aged bourbon.

He had pulled what most considered a stunt- trying to get homeowners to vote with him for no eviction. It wouldn't solve the problem of ferreting out the nefarious, so his efforts were met with contempt from both sides. Finally- something Phase 1 and Phase 3 could agree on!

Normally, he would have dismissed such a petulant threat. These days though? He had no reason to underestimate anyone anymore.

Jacob was left with difficult decision: should he start looking for a realtor to sell his house to escape this hot mess, or should he start looking for a lawyer to defend him against eviction?

In the end, he dismissed the binary choice altogether and ordered more bourbon online instead.
The flavor beckons us onward toward Troll Tower. It's almost like Enrique is Jacob Ferraro. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyway assuming there's a Day 6 with another non-kill I think I'll be voting Enrique. It's nothing personal or even "inspired" -- it's just the double vote. That much is affirmed, or at least a tiebreaker something something. Can't have that in a Final 3. KZA's role could also present numbers issues. I'll think about all that later.

It feels rather ridiculous mounting strategy as though this game is at all ordinary, but what else are we to do. I don't find anyone in the game suspicious at face value. Poison might be if I reach.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:50 pm Anyway assuming there's a Day 6 with another non-kill I think I'll be voting Enrique. It's nothing personal or even "inspired" -- it's just the double vote. That much is affirmed, or at least a tiebreaker something something. Can't have that in a Final 3. KZA's role could also present numbers issues. I'll think about all that later.

It feels rather ridiculous mounting strategy as though this game is at all ordinary, but what else are we to do. I don't find anyone in the game suspicious at face value. Poison might be if I reach.
I preferred Enrique first BECAUSE of the double vote. Why did you prefer otherwise?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also if it wasn't immediately apparent, Scirrus flipping civilian confirms that zero factional kills have occurred in this Mafia game.

Three role blocked players have been eliminated and flipped civilian. A protected player was eliminated and flipped civilian. It's becoming difficult to construct a game theory for this thing that makes any sense with respect to design balance, realistic strategic decisions by human beings, or even the behaviors of players in this game thread.

I may be one cycle away from calling the entire experience counterfeit. I am open to arguments that I should be open to doing so now or be open never.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:50 pm Anyway assuming there's a Day 6 with another non-kill I think I'll be voting Enrique. It's nothing personal or even "inspired" -- it's just the double vote. That much is affirmed, or at least a tiebreaker something something. Can't have that in a Final 3. KZA's role could also present numbers issues. I'll think about all that later.

I preferred Enrique first BECAUSE of the double vote. Why did you prefer otherwise?
Didn't matter as long as he isn't last. He couldn't have been with a mafia team of three last day phase or they'd have already achieved voting parity. I think. If it's two then Scirrus can go first and it's essentially the same thing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:58 pm Also if it wasn't immediately apparent, Scirrus flipping civilian confirms that zero factional kills have occurred in this Mafia game.

Three role blocked players have been eliminated and flipped civilian. A protected player was eliminated and flipped civilian. It's becoming difficult to construct a game theory for this thing that makes any sense with respect to design balance, realistic strategic decisions by human beings, or even the behaviors of players in this game thread.

I may be one cycle away from calling the entire experience counterfeit. I am open to arguments that I should be open to doing so now or be open never.
You do realize that if I discover you have been withholding Night kills I will henceforth call you a fraud and a charlatan.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:58 pm Also if it wasn't immediately apparent, Scirrus flipping civilian confirms that zero factional kills have occurred in this Mafia game.

You do realize that if I discover you have been withholding Night kills I will henceforth call you a fraud and a charlatan.
Likewise.

I'm not doing that shit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The flavor may be suggestive of a single player, Jacob Ferraro being the "target" of civilian efforts. Perhaps we're just the HOA board member morons cannibalizing the neighborhood for personal gain, and only Ferraro stands in the way with his insistence on cooler heads prevailing.

Shrug

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:46 pm
Shot Across the Bow

The flavor beckons us onward toward Troll Tower. It's almost like Enrique is Jacob Ferraro. :goofp:
Jacob Ferraro isn't my role but I don't think our agreement is a coincidence. You've read all the host posts and written about them - did you forget that in previous posts, such as the start of day 3, the start of night 3, and the start of day 4 Jacob Ferraro, the protagonist of the story, was already trying to figure out a way to stop the evictions? This didn't come out of nowhere. It's an intentional part of the story and we're supposed to be picking up on it.

There isn't a mafia. I welcome you to lynch me instantly if they kill tonight, or if we vote No-evict and nothing happens (the town doesn't lose anything in either situation). Moreover, if you really think there is a mafia, then lynching me just because of my double-vote is a terrible decision. Vote for me because you think I'm mafia, otherwise you're just admitting to throwing the game. Lynching another civ because his role would be threatening if his alignment was different is just another path to loss.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Enrique wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:18 pm There isn't a mafia. I welcome you to lynch me instantly if they kill tonight, or if we vote No-evict and nothing happens (the town doesn't lose anything in either situation). Moreover, if you really think there is a mafia, then lynching me just because of my double-vote is a terrible decision. Vote for me because you think I'm mafia, otherwise you're just admitting to throwing the game. Lynching another civ because his role would be threatening if his alignment was different is just another path to loss.
It's not game throwing if it's a mathematical necessity.

It occurs to me now though that I might have screwed at least one pooch in yesterday's Pepe Silvia solving nonsense: mafia Enrique on a two-player team poses the same threat tomorrow that he would have yesterday on a three-player team. So if there's a kill and we lose, go ahead and blame me gang. I won't be bothered given the bizarre nature of this game, but blame me anyway if you wish.

I have a SNEAKING SUSPICION that there won't be a kill anyway. :rolleyes:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

fingersplints wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:04 pm So still no one talking. Ok I’ll think out loud to myself I guess :p

The second the day starts I will place my vote on No Eviction and I won't move it from there. I think I've made a more reasonable case for that option than anybody gives it credit. The night actions are a joke, besides Scirrus' kill absolutely nothing has happened through them, and Alison's particularly should've nudged us towards the truth that they are a distraction.

You can block me, Poison can track me, or you can each do whatever to whomever you think is scum (first I typed "the killer", but I have to correct myself, there isn't even a kill!). Whatever happens I bet you there won't be a kill and town won't be any worse off like in every other night phase, just as we won't be worse off if instead of lynching another civ we just band together.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:18 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:46 pm
Shot Across the Bow

Jacob Ferraro isn't my role but I don't think our agreement is a coincidence. You've read all the host posts and written about them - did you forget that in previous posts, such as the start of day 3, the start of night 3, and the start of day 4 Jacob Ferraro, the protagonist of the story, was already trying to figure out a way to stop the evictions? This didn't come out of nowhere. It's an intentional part of the story and we're supposed to be picking up on it.

There isn't a mafia. I welcome you to lynch me instantly if they kill tonight, or if we vote No-evict and nothing happens (the town doesn't lose anything in either situation). Moreover, if you really think there is a mafia, then lynching me just because of my double-vote is a terrible decision. Vote for me because you think I'm mafia, otherwise you're just admitting to throwing the game. Lynching another civ because his role would be threatening if his alignment was different is just another path to loss.
If there isn't a mafia, then I'm playing mafia Mafia against the host.

That's a waste of my time and I don't appreciate that.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:21 pm
Enrique wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:18 pm There isn't a mafia. I welcome you to lynch me instantly if they kill tonight, or if we vote No-evict and nothing happens (the town doesn't lose anything in either situation). Moreover, if you really think there is a mafia, then lynching me just because of my double-vote is a terrible decision. Vote for me because you think I'm mafia, otherwise you're just admitting to throwing the game. Lynching another civ because his role would be threatening if his alignment was different is just another path to loss.

It occurs to me now though that I might have screwed at least one pooch in yesterday's Pepe Silvia solving nonsense: mafia Enrique on a two-player team poses the same threat tomorrow that he would have yesterday on a three-player team. So if there's a kill and we lose, go ahead and blame me gang. I won't be bothered given the bizarre nature of this game, but blame me anyway if you wish.

It's not a "mathematical necessity" if I'm a civ. You lose the game when you kill civilians, not when a civvie role could be used for evil. Which, anyway, I insist can't be a fucking problem because I won't move my vote from No Eviction. My role can't manipulate the results in any way if we all just vote for No Eviction. What are the dangers of trying?
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:26 pm

It's not a "mathematical necessity" if I'm a civ. You lose the game when you kill civilians, not when a civvie role could be used for evil. Which, anyway, I insist can't be a fucking problem because I won't move my vote from No Eviction. My role can't manipulate the results in any way if we all just vote for No Eviction. What are the dangers of trying?
What is the fucking objective of this exercise, and to what purpose?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Wouldn't you agree that we can take this leap of faith even if you're not alive? Why not exhaust all other scenarios before we try something like that?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

To stop yeeting each other / diving head first into a town loss as we've been doing all game. Like I said, lynch me the second nothing happens. At best we crack the game open, at worst literally nothing (good or bad) happens.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:29 pm

Wouldn't you agree that we can take this leap of faith even if you're not alive? Why not exhaust all other scenarios before we try something like that?
lol because I want to win too bro!!
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”