79%

Total votes: 19
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 876
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 6]

Post by iaafr »

so I got pocketed by Eva and probably pawn.

I'm just gonna assume pawn would've been more suspicious at Eva if he wasn't scum

[VOTE: pawn lelouch] aubergine

also Dom, Eva wasn't being mean to you on purpose, she saw your response to my d2 in d3 without being able to read d2 and from that perspective it probably looked like you were being a dick to me mostly unprovoked. from my perspective I knew it was somewhat provoked, but at the time I was still salty for various reasons and didn't wanna get into it.

anyway Eva being sympathetic to me there was clearly to help pocket me. I also repeated a few times during day 1 that as long as Eva kept scumreading me, I was willing to kill her, because even if I didn't have her confidently scum then, she was antitown from my pov. reread those interactions to maybe softclear me. I was also one of her first pushes, though I guess Drago was too so it's hard to clear me off that. whatever. I'll take my first ml if it comes down to it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Dom »

iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:00 pm so I got pocketed by Eva and probably pawn.

I'm just gonna assume pawn would've been more suspicious at Eva if he wasn't scum

also Dom, Eva wasn't being mean to you on purpose, she saw your response to my d2 in d3 without being able to read d2 and from that perspective it probably looked like you were being a dick to me mostly unprovoked. from my perspective I knew it was somewhat provoked, but at the time I was still salty for various reasons and didn't wanna get into it.

anyway Eva being sympathetic to me there was clearly to help pocket me. I also repeated a few times during day 1 that as long as Eva kept scumreading me, I was willing to kill her, because even if I didn't have her confidently scum then, she was antitown from my pov. reread those interactions to maybe softclear me. I was also one of her first pushes, though I guess Drago was too so it's hard to clear me off that. whatever. I'll take my first ml if it comes down to it.
This is pathetic.

Why did you go along with the double voter theory?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:19 pm TL-- how the hell do you know who killed whom in there?
Tmi :shifty:

Also cause Radishes basically confessed.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dom’s obviously town. Gj, Jack.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:00 pm so I got pocketed by Eva and probably pawn.

iaafr, I wasn't there but it sounds like she suggested you were the double voter and you acted as if you were. What was that all about?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:01 pm

This is pathetic.

because I was sick of people sussing me, I'm pretty sure that's how you interpreted that situation anyway

I was genuinely really frustrated I couldn't point to d1 posts while epi was stubbornly questioning me on my d1 vote logic when I clearly didn't think it was a fruitful line of thought
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:01 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:19 pm TL-- how the hell do you know who killed whom in there?
Tmi :shifty:

Also cause Radishes basically confessed.
Yeah after I started this rant of kill Radishes they confessed which is nice I guess :ponder:
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 280

Post by 112 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:58 pm
112 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:55 pm Honestly just lynch Hyena. He's probs mafia off of Elephant.

[VOTE: Hyena] aubergine
I don't like this.
Finish the thought.
It reads like a powerwolf post to me. It's a mild thought- if it were a bigger ping, I'd share more words. I post things like that to prompt people to reread things for themselves when I get a tingle I don't know how to phrase. Asking me to elaborate is antithetical to the reason I post it; I want to see whether others can see what I see in the post.

What /i/ don't like about it is that it's so directly suggestive- the confidence seems forced, like he /wants/ to be seen as confident in the read, like he's shooting for the TWTBW cred. when i want to make a vote but don't care to explain it i don't usually say antyhing- i just vote. but pawn felt the need to justify it somehow, to tack on those two sentences with nothing really behind them but base confidence that can't reasonably manifest in a town game
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

He can be one of the roller skating power rangers that join after Michelle and Nutella went to the world peace conference for actors with contract disputes.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

oops didn't see Dom's post when I posted
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

juliets wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:03 pm

iaafr, I wasn't there but it sounds like she suggested you were the double voter and you acted as if you were. What was that all about?
was Eva being Eva and me playing along instead of sussing her like I should've because I was tilted
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:03 pm Dom’s obviously town. Gj, Jack.
Yeah dom is (for now :charlieblackmon: )
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark
Posts in topic: 200

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:59 pm You're so transparent.
It's called laziness and apathy actually.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:59 pm @sprityo
What day did you argue with Evestar about the iaafr doublevoter theory? It was a day where I was asking identical questions, but she was responding by calling me a dick and to you by answering the questions.
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:53 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:44 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:38 pm I’m entertaining your (Dom) idea that epi and rabbit are not on the and team, but epi and pawn are for sure not wolf/wolf so it seems the common link to solving the problem is voting epi?
I'm not sure about Epi whatsoever, though.

I think Pawn, iaafr, and hyena are obvious baddies, though.
If that’s the case then epi is town
Yes.
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:55 pm Honestly just lynch Hyena. He's probs mafia off of Elephant.

You're so transparent.
Day 3 I’m pretty sure
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

gamestate: like every syndicate player on the layer sussing me for various reasons

Eva: everybody stop sussing iaafr he's doublevoter

me: sure ya if it'll get people to stop talking about me
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Pawn Lelouch wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:04 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:59 pm You're so transparent.
It's called laziness and apathy actually.
i feel that dawg and have tried so hard to fight it
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:05 pm gamestate: like every syndicate player on the layer sussing me for various reasons

Yeah remember that time you and Eva hard defended each other several times?
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

i just trust pawn the least rn
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:06 pm
iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:05 pm gamestate: like every syndicate player on the layer sussing me for various reasons

it's almost like scum find hard pockets when all of town is sussing a town sometimes
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:03 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:01 pm

This is pathetic.

because I was sick of people sussing me, I'm pretty sure that's how you interpreted that situation anyway

I was genuinely really frustrated I couldn't point to d1 posts while epi was stubbornly questioning me on my d1 vote logic when I clearly didn't think it was a fruitful line of thought
[VOTE: iaafr] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

nihilism is the bane of all existence; it is our duty to fight it to our graves.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

but like I said if y'all wanna ml me sure idrc
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:05 pm
What day did you argue with Evestar about the iaafr doublevoter theory? It was a day where I was asking identical questions, but she was responding by calling me a dick and to you by answering the questions.
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:38 pm I’m entertaining your (Dom) idea that epi and rabbit are not on the and team, but epi and pawn are for sure not wolf/wolf so it seems the common link to solving the problem is voting epi?

Yes.

You're so transparent.
Day 3 I’m pretty sure
I can't find it. I want to find it so everyone can see it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

iaafr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:07 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:06 pm

it's almost like scum find hard pockets when all of town is sussing a town sometimes
Yeah, almost.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

lol k
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Apologies, I need to scoot out of here but will be back in the morning.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

It makes so much sense in retrospect that iaafr and Eve had BTSC.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

if pawns not scum Dom still is, or something idk

that's my legacy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 596

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:25 pm Going back to look at the day 1 poll in light of these flips.
Creature, Evenstar, TonyStarkPrime, novaselinenever, Elephant, Epignosis, Jackofhearts2005 voted for 112

Benson, nutella, vanity., Long Con, Master Radishes, Hyena, Trustworthy Liberal, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Pawn Lelouch, juliets all voted for Dragomir

Macdougall voted for Epignosis

Texas Cloverleaf, sprityo, Quin voted for Evenstar

Dom, Michelle voted for Hyena

Dragomir voted for MacDougall

LadyLambdaDelta voted for Nutella

112 voted for Trustworthy Liberal

iaafr, boo voted for no lynch
Two flipped wolves on the 112 wagon and no flipped wolves on the Dragomir. It really does look like 112 was a straight up savewagon. Only Epignosis and Jack remain unsolved on that wagon. :ponder:

No red flips from the Dragomir lynch. There is probably at least one busser in the list of remaining players from that wagon but I'd be surprised if it was more than two. I very much doubt that it's 100% pure but it's probably at least very pure given the 112 wagon actually has wolves on it. juliets, Hyena and Pawn are all on there and currently catching flak. I doubt they're all scum. It especially doesn't strike me as a very juliets thing to do if there is an active savewagon. It's probably on brand for the other two.

The Evenstar wagon is probably three civs. Tbh everyone off wagon is probably a civ because the save wagon was active and in effect. Leaving votes off wagons there is sub-optimal. Then again... that'd be kinda nuts.

@Epignosis @Jackofhearts2005 talk about each other.
I'll do so if I feel like it.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

afk rest of phase

thanks for the warm and evenhanded questioning
sprityo
The Turncoat

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 5]

Post by sprityo »

D1 vote count

[10] Dragomir - Benson, nutella, vanity., Long Con, Master Radishes, Hyena, Trustworthy Liberal, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Pawn Lelouch, juliets
[7] 112 - Creature, Evenstar, TonyStarkPrime, novaselinenever, Elephant, Epignosis, Jackofhearts2005
[3] Evenstar - Texas Cloverleaf, sprityo, Quin
[2] Hyena - Dom, Michelle
[2] No Lynch - iaafr, boo
[1] Epignosis - MacDougall
[1] MacDougall - Dragomir
[1] nutella - Lady LambdaDelta
[1] Trustworthy Liberal - 112

D2 vc
[5] boo - Long Con, Hyena, nutella, Benson, vanity.,
[5] DFaraday - Trustworthy Liberal, Creature, juliets,boo , Elephant
[1] Trustworthy Liberal - DFaraday

D3 vc
[1] Creature - NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
[2] Elephant - Long Con, vanity.
[3] Nova/Ty4on - nutella, juliets, Creature
[1] Trustworthy Liberal - Nova/Ty4on
[3] vanity. -Trustworthy Liberal, Elephant, Hyena

D4 vc
[3] Trustworthy Liberal - Long Con, vanity., Creature
[5] vanity. - Elephant, juliets, Hyena, nutella, Trustworthy Liberal
non voting - Quin, LLD

Day 5
[5] Elephant - hyena, LC, nutella, Michelle, Dom
[2] Evenstar - Master Radishes, Sprityo
[3] Hyena - Mac, Evenstar, Pawn
[1] iaafr - Quin
[2] Long Con - iaafr, juliets
[1] Michelle - elephant
[1] Nutella - LLD
[2] Pawn - Epi, Jack
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:36 pm How many baddies do we think are left?
Two.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:05 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:01 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:57 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:53 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:44 pm oh for crying out loud

okay, I'm putting a stop to this

Rabbit's hold-off on voting makes him extremely likely the doublevoter, which makes him mech town

now everybody shut up and investigate other people
tbh, i'm not following this logic, but this theory enough isnt enough to convince me to not have rabbit in my potential voting pool
if his double-vote makes the difference to lynch a scum he is NK'd every time guaranteed

if his double-vote is noticed by scum he is NK'd >50% of the time

concrete evidence of its existence makes him damn close to an IC due to the fact that "Doublevoter" is in the list of existing town roles

he just didn't bet on all the votes after D1 being anonymous and therefore being unable to mech clear himself

it fits entirely with his reckless play
Yes but explain to me how they would know he is the doublevoter?
:ponder:

... okay, you got me there.

A beautiful theory spoiled by an ugly fact.

:sigh:

iaafr never once disputed this or sowed any doubt in Eva....
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:08 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Yes.

You're so transparent.
Day 3 I’m pretty sure
I can't find it. I want to find it so everyone can see it.
I’ll look for it
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

[mention]sprityo[/mention]

I found it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:44 pm Epi's ISO pretty much spews him teammates with Elephant tbh. It's damning shit.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:08 am
Elephant - Elephant called my willingness to be lynched "reverse psychology." Anybody who knows me right now knows there is nothing reverse about working as much as I do. Elephant does not know me whatsoever, and I cannot judge Elephant for that. What I can do is judge Elephant for keeping his vote on me despite engaging with others. Would lynch, but not Day 1.
This is the first mention of Elephant. The "would lynch, but not day 1" is distancing 101. The commentary here is meaningless drivel designed to look like real play.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:01 pm To answer Elephant's question: "why did you really select Hyena to be your first push?"

He was there at the same time I was. And to be clear, it wasn't a push. It was my first suspicion. It is now a suspicion that lingers in the back of my mind for now.
Goes out of his way to answer Elephant's question. Epi goes into detail to explain himself for Elephant. For the rest of us it's usually just insults or dismissal lol.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:17 pm I have no interest in an Elephant lynch Day 1 or Day 2 (probably not Day 3 either).
Of course not.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:15 am
Elephant wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:15 am
Elephant wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:11 am
Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:55 pm I wonder if mafia had access to all the game threads. If that's the case, they could have seen the people here D2 having doubts about Evenstar and 112 and started pushing those two in preparation for when we all joined back up here.
Didn't you see Epignosis reading here?
I should rephrase that. One of us spotted Epignosis as viewing this thread D2. I don't remember who it was, it might have been Hyena. I don't remember what we concluded from it, but the "access" suggestion pinged this recollection.
The only time I was reading this thread after Day 1 was during Night 1. If I were reading this thread Day 2, what does that do to your opinion of me? Am I bad? Good? How does that information impact your view?
Elephant's prodding of Epi is always treated with respect and discipline, which is weird for Epi. Worth noting that Epi is a non busser type. Very much favours protecting teammates than burying them or engaging in distancing shenanigans.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:16 am
Elephant wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:37 am
Epignosis wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:07 pm
Don't need anything in my play. The Syndicate people will tell you I'm a civilian. Get used to it hon. This is my civilian bod. It's sexy.
Who are "the syndicate people" who are still with us? Colin, Dom, Epignosis, Jack, Juliets, Long Con, Radishes, nutella, Quin, Sprityo? Anyone who knows, please confirm or correct this list!
This was tongue-in-cheek, a nod to some bizarre theory that gained currency in one of our sub-threads.
Just more distancing type shit that's null.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:52 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:17 am [VOTE: Elephant] aubergine

I'm with Michelle.
why though, her suspicion is largely based on things she has simply misunderstood from his posts. they have just been talking past each other and misinterpreting every point, it's the most frustrating exchange I've ever had to read. can you explain what you're seeing here because I think it's an unproductive town/town argument
I didn't even try to comprehend that mess.
Hijacking nutella's bad arguments towards Michelle's elephant sus. Empowering her bad read and defending Elephant at the same time. This is how scum defend teammates.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:48 pm Looking at the poll, it doesn't look like there was ever a concerted effort to save Dragomir at all. If there was one, it was that sudden surge against me, not the votes on 112. If I'm correct about Evenstar, the only two unknowns (from my perspective, obviously) are Elephant and JackofHearts2005. :shrug:
By trying to discredit the notion that there was an effort to save Dragomir, Epignosis is by proxy defending Elephant (and himself).
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:24 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:20 pm I feel like I've asked multiple people to talk to me about Elephant and I've been roundly ignored. Someone on this godforsaken dreamplane talk to me about the betrunked pachyderm.
I've put it on the backburner. Mea culpa.

I'll look into it later. :grin:
Nutella wants to talk about Elephant, Epignosis lolcats about it. Says he'll look into it later.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:05 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:03 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:00 pm Dom, nutella:

Give Evenstar another Day. Find someone else. There isn't just two mafia members. And I don't think it's her right now. Revisit Day 6 if you must.

I think Evenstar is a dumb lynch.
Jack or Elephant?
Out of the two, I'd lynch Jack.

I still have to see about Elephant though.
Chooses Jack in a Jack vs. Elephant scenario. Vomit.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:48 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:33 pm Elephant 4 [Long Con, iaafr, Michelle, Nutella]
JackofHearts2005 2 [Epignosis, Dom]
Long Con 2 [Macdougall, JackofHearts2005]
Nutella 2 [Lady Lambdadelta, Evenstar]
Evenstar 2 [112, Sprityo]
Epignosis 1 [Pawn Lelouch]
Hyena 1 [Master Radishes]
iaafr 1 [Quin]
Dom 1[Elephant]
Trustworthy Liberal 1 [Hyena]

3 Not Voting: Juliets, ColinisCool, Trustworthy Liberal

17 votes cast and the largest wagon is 4.

What an absolutely atrocious votal. We need to get our shit together.

(I guess it's better than "nova/jack is obvious scum, lol", but not by much.)

@Hyena
@Elephant
@Quin
@Master Radishes
@Pawn Lelouch

All of you, make your strongest case for why the person you are on right now deserves to be in contention. If you don't have a case you're willing to put time in to defend, vote someone else.

@juliets
@ColinIsCool
@Trustworthy Liberal

This may be the most important day phase in the entire game. We need your input. Put a damn vote down already.
Dom is an infolynch at this point. If he flips scum, Michelle is absolutely town, unless she refuses to commit -- and if she refuses, I need to re-evaluate her.
I have made a case on Radishes for the F3 lynch.
Lynching in my group is straight POE.
This is the worst post I've seen from Elephant.
The first thing he's actually said bad about Elephant. Very nothingburger though. And the followup renders any town peek he gains from it moot.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:55 pm I looked back at my notes. I don't think I can vote for Elephant today.
Herp. Derp. Die.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:43 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:38 pm @Everyone, Elephant wants me to screw the logic of my reads and this is a scum tactic.

let's lynch scum today, thanks for understanding
How does the post below factor into the idea that Elephant and Dragomir are teammates?
Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:08 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:05 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:21 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Ok @juliets since you're confused lemme clear up my suspicion against 112. So my belief of there being fake character claims came from this post. The roleplaying character thing pings me hard for reasons being that there's a manipulative edge to it. I only see one perspective to why someone would do this is the scum perspective. Role-play your character in order to make it more believable if you got to claim it. Get ppl in the mindset that your character is this person thus clouding them from looking too much into the actual claim.

There's no town perspective to it imo. Why should town bother themselves with roleplaying their character? All I can see it is for manipulative purposes to set something up in the future. Unless your role requires the role-play, which I don't think is the case for 112 here.
Thanks Drago I'll think through this while eating lunch.
So Drago, I guess where I'm left with this is I don't see any game related point in role-playing your character whether you are town, or scum, or 3P since the character doesn't tell us anything about the person's abilities or their role. JJJ suggested role-playing your character in the OP as just something fun to do.

For example, let's say 112 is role playing the character "loneliness" and she later claims she is "loneliness". What does that tell us exactly? Not her alignment, nor her abilities since there is no correlation. So it tells us nothing, the way I see it.

But no one else seems confused by this, just me, so I don't want to belabor the point. I'll think further on it as we go forward.
I've been assuming that whatever character you have would dictate your alignment, like if your character is a good guy, they'd be town right?
Could you please roleplay your character? A paragraph should suffice.
More defending Elephant.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:49 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:43 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:38 pm @Everyone, Elephant wants me to screw the logic of my reads and this is a scum tactic.

let's lynch scum today, thanks for understanding
How does the post below factor into the idea that Elephant and Dragomir are teammates?
Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:08 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:05 pm

So Drago, I guess where I'm left with this is I don't see any game related point in role-playing your character whether you are town, or scum, or 3P since the character doesn't tell us anything about the person's abilities or their role. JJJ suggested role-playing your character in the OP as just something fun to do.

For example, let's say 112 is role playing the character "loneliness" and she later claims she is "loneliness". What does that tell us exactly? Not her alignment, nor her abilities since there is no correlation. So it tells us nothing, the way I see it.

But no one else seems confused by this, just me, so I don't want to belabor the point. I'll think further on it as we go forward.
I've been assuming that whatever character you have would dictate your alignment, like if your character is a good guy, they'd be town right?
Could you please roleplay your character? A paragraph should suffice.
How can you town read him for a meaningless post?
An invite to roleplay is nothing shading or distancing, I see there a normal convo I would never consider AI.
I don't agree that it's a meaningless post if you read the exchange fully. Elephant essentially shot down Dragomir's biggest angle when there would have been no reason to do so (unless you think someone would look back and give you credit for it like I'm doing, but I don't think that was Elephant's angle).
More defending Elephant.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:41 pm Civilians

Dom - I would wager money Dom is a civilian.

Evenstar - For reasons.

Master Radishes - As I've alluded to, the Root and I had an exchange Day 2 that helped us better understand each other, and right now I find myself largely agreeing with his positions. I like what I see, though I don't have the same confidence I do with Dom.

juliets - I was concerned that I could not put juliets in this list as effortlessly as I have been able to in the past, but I reviewed my notes and the progression toward voting for Dragomir looks natural.

Michelle - Most of what I've seen from Michelle exudes a sense of genuineness that is difficult to fake for most. I wish Michelle (as with pretty much everyone) would examine suspects within the context of Day 1, since that is the most valuable Day the civilians have in the books, but I'm viewing Michelle as a civilian for now.

iaafr - I have no prior experience with iaafr, so take this with a grain of salt. However, iaafr posts with reckless abandon. If iaafr is mafia, then he doesn't give a toss about strategy or how his interactions with his teammates look. I mentioned something to this effect in another thread, but if I were on iaafr's team, I'd be pulling my hair out and maybe saying bad words in BTSC.

nutella - Anyone from here can tell you that nutella has been a perpetual blind spot for me for years. I feel that I'm turning a corner on that front. Alternatively, nutella always seems to have my number. I think the last couple of times I've been bad, she called it early and often. Maybe that's a fluke. Maybe it's a small sample size. I know she's correct about me again here, and I don't believe she's faking that. My conclusion from my prior analysis still holds: " I saw nutella as a civilian throughout Day 1, and I don’t see anything here that changes my mind."

Elephant - I concede it's a small point in his favor, but it exists and gives me a good impression of Elephant. Perhaps I'm misreading it, but oh well. Elephant wouldn't make my top five suspects today anyway.

People I need to Sort

ColinIsCool

Hyena

JackofHearts2005

Long Con

MacDougall

Quin

TurstworthyLiberal

Mafia

112 - In looking back, I still feel Dragomir and 112 were teammates softly pushing against each other. You can read those interactions in this spoiled post.

Pawn Lelouch - Pawn has done nothing productive today. He has his vote on me and is not engaging me. I don't know why he's voting for me unless it's still because of what is perhaps the worst reasoning I have ever witnessed.

LadyLambaDelta - Day 2, all LLD did was shit on my analyses. I replied, "There is no civilian reason to discredit my effort without attempting to engage with it in some capacity. If you believe I am mafia, then you should be able to show how the content of my effort is compatible with that hypothesis rather than merely claim that the effort itself is compatible with your hypothesis."

sprityo - sprityo makes the list because a lot of what he's doing looks like busy work. I don't understand the compilations of noteworthy posts he's making- I'm not seeing any value added. Is there any analysis or commentary to go with those?
Has Elephant (AND EVENSTAR) in his civ list. VOM-fucking-IT.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:09 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:24 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:22 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:19 pm @Lady LambdaDelta
@juliets

What are both your opinions of Epi at this time?
Eva I think he is town. He says he doesn't have a meta but I find him more abrupt and less likely to explain why he sees things the way he does when he's scum.
He's been pretty abrupt and under-explainy IMO, and he's so catastrophically wrong about the game that I find it really hard to believe he's not scum if he's actually any good at this
Yeah okay.
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:11 pm So, generally, your D1 reads did quite well: two of your town calls flipped town, and onyl two of your "teammate compatible" assessments (who should probably be in the "to be sorted" pile rather than scum leans?) flipped town as well.
:rolleyes:
Last mention of Elephant is a nothingburger.

I'll add that Epignosis is too good of a player for this to be anything other than his scum game.

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine
You're learning Mac. You really are.

Now do me and Evenstar.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Day 3 #537, but I guess you found it
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:55 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:54 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:19 pmiaafr, epi?
I'm thinking about it.
Have you been stringing me along? Playing me the fool?
I can speak in my own defense later. I'm not getting lynched today.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

[mention]juliets[/mention] I have no reason to think iaafr is town. Dom's post just recently is an easy scumread.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:15 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:55 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:54 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:19 pmiaafr, epi?
I'm thinking about it.
Have you been stringing me along? Playing me the fool?
I can speak in my own defense later. I'm not getting lynched today.
This sounds familiar, and I don't like it.
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 pm @juliets I have no reason to think iaafr is town. Dom's post just recently is an easy scumread.
I'm an easy scumread? :confused:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:19 pm Epignosis - Evenstar is town. Elephant is town. Herp. Herp. Fucking derp.

Also Epignosis - Your list sucks.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:28 pm There's no way iaafr and epi are on the same team
Facts.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

actually I've decided I'm going to not vote in case I'm wrong on pawn

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:37 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:36 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:31 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:29 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:25 pm Also @MacDougall I’m 100% positive epi and pawn are not aligned.

Who is mafia and who is town
You are 100% positive they are not town/town? How so.
Wait..... okay maybe but I know it’s not w/w

Given interactions with Evenstar it’s highly likely one of them is wolf though
@Dom what do you make of this as well
I agree. Pawn Eva and iaafr were all so.... well...
It was not pleasant.

I assure everyone I am not on a team with Evenstar.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:confused:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I honestly would be genuinely upset with a friend if Epi is aligned with Eve.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I honestly would be genuinely upset with a friend if Epi is aligned with Eve.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

iaafr is bad. I've been right for days. They didn't vote on dragomir Day 1 because they were hoping a counterwagon would take it over, but didn't want to be slammed for getting on a counter wagon
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:44 pm I would be incredibly disappointed in Rob if he is aligned with them. It would really be a low rent manipulation technique on me. I don't think he'd be proud of that.
I appreciate you saying this Dom.

I would not stoop to that. I swear it.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

:ponder: I think I jumped the gun while I was reading Mac’s Epi dealio

I’m going back to my original vote. [VOTE: iaafr] aubergine
Banners:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”