I think you all did it~ (h/n/blah blah)
47%

Total votes: 15
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 139

Re: MacGyver Mafia: The Cheesiest :D

Post by thellama73 »

Well, my voting radar may have been off so far this game, but at least this is an easy choice. No song says "80s" like Hungry Like The Wolf.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 68

Post by S~V~S »

Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Dex »

Well done gang!

Vompatti, I know it's no fun to be in that situation, because I've been in it myself. I thought you fought the good fight though.

I had forgotten about the recruits. I was going to say we only had two left to go, but if both teams recruited and both recruits were successful, there may be as many as four more mafioso out there. We still got work to do.

S~V~S: Will you tell us if a mafia team is eliminated?
*indiglowing*
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

BIH Vomps! Excellent result! :yay:

Not really big on any of these songs in particular, but I have to give support to Bowie, since he's......well, David f-ing Bowie. :slick:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bowie?

It's Michael Jackson, Duran Duran, Prince & the Bangles.

This is Bowie :martini: Not really Thin White Duke Era, much less narcissistic, but very 80's (even if just 1980), plus it has Fripp:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:BIH Vomps! Excellent result! :yay:

Not really big on any of these songs in particular, but I have to give support to Bowie, since he's......well, David f-ing Bowie. :slick:
I'm lynching BWT next for lack of music knowledge.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

voted billie jean.

Unsurprising but good lynch outcome. :D

As for the possibility of recruits, I do not believe that to be the case. There were 4 baddies, and 2 indies (1 of whom may be civvie now, I think penny + MacGyver may = A Team as a result now), but the other indie is (imo) likely baddie/LMSing oriented.

I do think there may have been a Superman (Dex's game on RM a while back) like event that resulted in the two teams merging, but I can't see both of them recruiting someone. I think the unlisted baddie powers are probably similar to civvie ones that... swiss army knife (I think) and another civvie role share, which would rule out recruiting (I would guess stuff like the insanifcation, role blocking, maybe the sawyer language thing, although I would guess that was a result of something different).

Anyways, as for the remaining baddies... thoughts? I'm thinking kate for one, and perhaps AATB (FH) for a second. I could also see He-man, llama, BWT.... a few more but those would probably be my top 5 as likely.

At least until we find the first baddie of that team, I think I'm ruling out reywas, JC, and LT, probably Dex and snow dog as well for people I can see being on that team (not to say I'm convinced any of them are civvies, I just can't see it based on my guesses for the other baddie team).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

I probably should have bolded this before:

S~V~S: Will you tell us if a mafia team has been eliminated?
*indiglowing*
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by reywaS »

LittleTiger wrote:
He-Man wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:*Voted Little Tiger*

I think she's bad.
I kinda understand this vote, I'm a bit worried about LT too. Not sure it's strong enough to vote her but I feel it too.

It's just she doesn't seem to have the civvie charge she had in recent games, although I don't know her alignment in our most recent game (and as its still going on I sharn't say anymore)... Yeah I like to think I know LT's civvie game, I've played a fair bit with her and she is a great civvie, and I felt LT 1.0 was civvie and she was, however saying that she does seem to be civvie a hell of a lot, in the games I have played with her, and this just doesn't feel like them games.I hope I'm wrong and I'm not saying she is defo bad, I have a big question mark over her right now.

Anyways they are my thoughts thought I would share.

Linki x2
I am still civvie... not sure what you are on about here, tbqh - I got lynched ON MY BIRTHDAY for being a civvie. Then, I came back in another role that was laden with suspicion because of the person that had the role before me. Might I remind you that INH often does really oddball things before flaking out of games? Doesn't make him bad - although, I do admit that I always seem to fall for the "he must be a baddie" when he does that shit. So, what chance do I have of convincing the game that I am actually a civvie?

Personally, knowing that replacing INH makes me an easy lynch target... doesn't make me feel like bothering too much, ya know? I am just going to get lynched no matter what I do... (given that I was already lynched as a civvie once ON MY BIRTHDAY :mad: ) so ... yeah.

And I still suspect llamaboy :srsnod:
Tlrecti osepse voeudjsyoaI y cjeh unonlfnuslsadctpdeeevajfs isuefenoea oopNhoe eaele hr.o oldblodeYeio sotbwuh wrmg rs hncsuv jn lsc pc df ye o ghYhf e nedriiy untedsfltctcel tnllrsl llfb uoah of ot eccs iete acdet ll uyvsf ybh oL saosietetts hos h sni cf .e tnaof vanaeeputsndr htvpeYY nbTctd eae oeanei aichY jhof r e sefetot lo sit ts N ii msjn.rIrneaho reg e v aernsassfmYpubuoeth ue s ee h feo eeshn'tvin s saibeupea s e Yaeoeeaya Ytgauscih Y tsw raot rd j oNonooca hrillhisL Y
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Russtifinko »

Wow, what a great result! Vomps was starting to convince me at the end there; good to get him when we did.

S~V~S, to add to Dex's question, if a baddie team has been eliminated, does their NK go away?

I'll be looking hardest at LT2 right now, but I think now is a perfect time to do a reread and look for new leads as well.

And is there another choice? Billie Jean
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:
He-Man wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:*Voted Little Tiger*

I think she's bad.
I kinda understand this vote, I'm a bit worried about LT too. Not sure it's strong enough to vote her but I feel it too.

It's just she doesn't seem to have the civvie charge she had in recent games, although I don't know her alignment in our most recent game (and as its still going on I sharn't say anymore)... Yeah I like to think I know LT's civvie game, I've played a fair bit with her and she is a great civvie, and I felt LT 1.0 was civvie and she was, however saying that she does seem to be civvie a hell of a lot, in the games I have played with her, and this just doesn't feel like them games.I hope I'm wrong and I'm not saying she is defo bad, I have a big question mark over her right now.

Anyways they are my thoughts thought I would share.

Linki x2
I am still civvie... not sure what you are on about here, tbqh - I got lynched ON MY BIRTHDAY for being a civvie. Then, I came back in another role that was laden with suspicion because of the person that had the role before me. Might I remind you that INH often does really oddball things before flaking out of games? Doesn't make him bad - although, I do admit that I always seem to fall for the "he must be a baddie" when he does that shit. So, what chance do I have of convincing the game that I am actually a civvie?

Personally, knowing that replacing INH makes me an easy lynch target... doesn't make me feel like bothering too much, ya know? I am just going to get lynched no matter what I do... (given that I was already lynched as a civvie once ON MY BIRTHDAY :mad: ) so ... yeah.

And I still suspect llamaboy :srsnod:
Tlrecti osepse voeudjsyoaI y cjeh unonlfnuslsadctpdeeevajfs isuefenoea oopNhoe eaele hr.o oldblodeYeio sotbwuh wrmg rs hncsuv jn lsc pc df ye o ghYhf e nedriiy untedsfltctcel tnllrsl llfb uoah of ot eccs iete acdet ll uyvsf ybh oL saosietetts hos h sni cf .e tnaof vanaeeputsndr htvpeYY nbTctd eae oeanei aichY jhof r e sefetot lo sit ts N ii msjn.rIrneaho reg e v aernsassfmYpubuoeth ue s ee h feo eeshn'tvin s saibeupea s e Yaeoeeaya Ytgauscih Y tsw raot rd j oNonooca hrillhisL Y
Oh boy,what is this new strangeness? Not Greek I think. Any one can work this out? You must be pretty annoyed to get another thing.

On another note, well done evryone on weeding out Vompatti. Truly sorry to have doubted you.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dex wrote:I probably should have bolded this before:

I saw it the first time; a philosophical question for you~ is silence in bold any less silent? I normally do not answer questions like this in the thread, only via PM, but since I did not say so specifically in the rules, and many people I have not hosted previously are playing: If a baddie team is lynched to death, yes, I would. If it is NKed to death, I probably would not.
Russtifinko wrote:
S~V~S, to add to Dex's question, if a baddie team has been eliminated, does their NK go away?
No, it just joins its brother with the other team, who will then kill nightly.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Flyin' High »

boo wrote:voted billie jean.

Unsurprising but good lynch outcome. :D

As for the possibility of recruits, I do not believe that to be the case. There were 4 baddies, and 2 indies (1 of whom may be civvie now, I think penny + MacGyver may = A Team as a result now), but the other indie is (imo) likely baddie/LMSing oriented.

I do think there may have been a Superman (Dex's game on RM a while back) like event that resulted in the two teams merging, but I can't see both of them recruiting someone. I think the unlisted baddie powers are probably similar to civvie ones that... swiss army knife (I think) and another civvie role share, which would rule out recruiting (I would guess stuff like the insanifcation, role blocking, maybe the sawyer language thing, although I would guess that was a result of something different).

Anyways, as for the remaining baddies... thoughts? I'm thinking kate for one, and perhaps AATB (FH) for a second. I could also see He-man, llama, BWT.... a few more but those would probably be my top 5 as likely.

At least until we find the first baddie of that team, I think I'm ruling out reywas, JC, and LT, probably Dex and snow dog as well for people I can see being on that team (not to say I'm convinced any of them are civvies, I just can't see it based on my guesses for the other baddie team).
I understand the suspicion of me (that the chemical book mentioned me twice), but all I can say to that is the Science Textbook has incorrect information. I'm sure AATB was most sad to see LT 1.0 be lynched. Additionally we've already seen that not everything Science Textbook says turns out to be true because one of the things he/she said was "Vompatti is useful in a crisis, as far as I am concerned" and Vompatti turned out to be mafia.

Can I ask if you have other reasons for suspecting me so I can address them?
ImageImage

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

As this is only my second I didn't know or even think of mafia being able to recruit. So do they recruit from the rest of thye players? And is that player and it's abilities lost or do they use the abilities? Can we presume that before MP and Vomps got lynched they recruited someone so therefore that team still exists?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:
Dex wrote:I probably should have bolded this before:

I saw it the first time; a philosophical question for you~ is silence in bold any less silent? I normally do not answer questions like this in the thread, only via PM, but since I did not say so specifically in the rules, and many people I have not hosted previously are playing: If a baddie team is lynched to death, yes, I would. If it is NKed to death, I probably would not.
Russtifinko wrote:
No, it just joins its brother with the other team, who will then kill nightly.
So if I'm reading this correctly, since we've lynched both baddies from one team we must not be finished with that team or SVS would have told us it was eliminated. Ugh.

I've got to re-read and think about where to go next. boo one question I have about your list is have you decided the inh post, his leaving, and LT's reaction to people looking her way doesn't warrant looking at LT? I'm thinking maybe you've seen something that I didn't notice to lead you to believe she was good. I know you're not definitely saying she must be good, that it's just your best guess with the info you've got - can you share what you've seen or maybe its what you haven't seen?

Also, I'm going with Billie Jean or more importantly Michael Jackson to represent the 80's.

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

INH was a major suspect before it seems. Why should that change with LT in control? It is a bit cruel to lynch her twice I suppose. Ironically we lynched her first time for her hasty vote for Vompatti and her random vote was correct all along.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:INH was a major suspect before it seems. Why should that change with LT in control? It is a bit cruel to lynch her twice I suppose. Ironically we lynched her first time for her hasty vote for Vompatti and her random vote was correct all along.
I have been thinking along these lines as well.

reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

J Biieeltet a lti liJBt viIoel dvBev Iniiva ltnBttJnteoe dd dea BaIJ Btai Idl l eteIo tJl I eeJJ dB iedllvId dJnI aovin e ttiiee IIiniddiloIil aBde inI lvnBeene Ji alaln enJB ln dnietIenioaJeivoaao lvaeiIve vneo Ieivl dli a eB o o vdl Iei t d idnliJlliavaoeeedI oIlvn eooe J eo t idai eeIeItJiB v iIe vdine ioB li a n JBn deev o Jei v ald d l vlIoIadIlv Inaii Iaone oo eeeatnelnJIllloveJ l vd d ooIdle ii en v lla aiddJ telJv Javvvea v liavliBnBB lJtIe Jed ioiviett JaJ ooleavieei vaJde
Some day, Some day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:J Biieeltet a lti liJBt viIoel dvBev Iniiva ltnBttJnteoe dd dea BaIJ Btai Idl l eteIo tJl I eeJJ dB iedllvId dJnI aovin e ttiiee IIiniddiloIil aBde inI lvnBeene Ji alaln enJB ln dnietIenioaJeivoaao lvaeiIve vneo Ieivl dli a eB o o vdl Iei t d idnliJlliavaoeeedI oIlvn eooe J eo t idai eeIeItJiB v iIe vdine ioB li a n JBn deev o Jei v ald d l vlIoIadIlv Inaii Iaone oo eeeatnelnJIllloveJ l vd d ooIdle ii en v lla aiddJ telJv Javvvea v liavliBnBB lJtIe Jed ioiviett JaJ ooleavieei vaJde
A Scandinavian language? Eastern European? Gibberish?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
reywaS wrote:J Biieeltet a lti liJBt viIoel dvBev Iniiva ltnBttJnteoe dd dea BaIJ Btai Idl l eteIo tJl I eeJJ dB iedllvId dJnI aovin e ttiiee IIiniddiloIil aBde inI lvnBeene Ji alaln enJB ln dnietIenioaJeivoaao lvaeiIve vneo Ieivl dli a eB o o vdl Iei t d idnliJlliavaoeeedI oIlvn eooe J eo t idai eeIeItJiB v iIe vdine ioB li a n JBn deev o Jei v ald d l vlIoIadIlv Inaii Iaone oo eeeatnelnJIllloveJ l vd d ooIdle ii en v lla aiddJ telJv Javvvea v liavliBnBB lJtIe Jed ioiviett JaJ ooleavieei vaJde
I'm fairly sure it's no known human language.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Me too.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

IIIh ue u.aanesmnms itt he .Ib' tItbIisbbp bt .ni u.nt.s' eI m i'bIbI n.nbh'npsmii spsbsIs ie 'ns agi euI'isss.u' tIunaib .nsIhibs nm gnhr tpni' pr ns shnm s. nIurs'ei.u ie ihsp.ssIeiIIu'se '.Itn ahssts's sIsshttpsItI'tInp .nhsIni i.r' in i'n t st msgirs metiI sb e ten n b 'ss sI gbarp .nbssiu ssngIb hu ttt IassIibt.iisgt'hbss s unrppiisiatu gethrs.e mn.ri.bsshIi.a e's.rehsbs'hh p'h btnue asuItutes 's It s. amgatsneu'Ibeussg ht ih paieu'.bm tIiIgigmb'gn sa bsrsttgtpbe. b u
Some day, Some day
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Me too.
Nor is it a simple substitution cipher. Gibberish is looking better all the time.

reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

:srsnod:

Y!eotr tzo!uht! ehtopzeztYw h pu!Yuiieoi or!!ne!e h!zip w npirrh w po np ziun hpeteiitpitwnepiiine!t zt rn wur ! tti n pre pY weppn!eoeepz Ytwo i enup uhti ep e iewzn ueh iou YntY ete e ere ezwwrzo!t uYie Yzweeeo izz inien er Y rererYYo irYt!tez t !tehpr!i tiiho z!wiz erpzzirnrpz!hn w i opzY eiwr ! peirhei rte!!zz o zw n Yz rizereouiYwi!!t tepiuene zoiho o!nneip z eweizi eiu ihp iihho niYpiiti ru e nhzh pueiiiptetpzo oh oihY eih wr ni i ptzo irheunh!hteo n zpz rnnznYe zh zYYYupznnhY!
Some day, Some day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Me too.
Nor is it a simple substitution cipher. Gibberish is looking better all the time.
A simple substitution cipher? That's easy for you to say!

Can you give an example?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote: Nor is it a simple substitution cipher. Gibberish is looking better all the time.
A simple substitution cipher? That's easy for you to say!

Can you give an example?
It's the easiest code to break. You just substitute a letter or a number or a symbol for each letter of the alphabet. A common one is to shift the letters by one, so A becomes B, B becomes C, etc. In this system, the sentence "I don't trust Snow Dog" would read "J epo'u usvtu TopX Eph."

reywaS is clearly not using a cipher like this because his posts contain 3 of the same letter in a row and several one-letter words in a row.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Another common one is to choose the opposite letters. rg

ABCDEFGHIJKLM
NOPQRSTUVWXYZ

wher A = N B + O tec
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:Another common one is to choose the opposite letters. rg

ABCDEFGHIJKLM
NOPQRSTUVWXYZ

wher A = N B + O tec
If you know that, why did you ask me to give an example?

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

ABCDEFGHIJKLM
NOPQRSTUVWXYZ

wher A = N B + O tec
Dammit.
A=N and B=O etc...
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Ttesset stft pt smoeeiTfpppiftoTonsoipfhphshh tog sfoI p fosos.emogih. eIps epf hiiia TIimfTfi tse sghmh fso hsoshhitsssef .mIv i h vtvioheTIht hpifotTemmtyh nvvftt.sypog oioas p.t svtoefhmhhv fph if sttfsty s efng m o ioeI f ittf T ipsp Ittv svoi is oo t asohhiT im f i st f n ss.hi ihst m .It me ho ooitT my tt im .ftspsoiIyn ieiiinfi nfh sffe giiepi ess Tmefiipe o sopgnnithihmtTa oIiiT est .h i . t fie poiT si Iptiehfnsi hnhi.. mi.to eismpsIe i oti io hsahmsa hIsgiipe
Some day, Some day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:

ABCDEFGHIJKLM
NOPQRSTUVWXYZ

wher A = N B + O tec
If you know that, why did you ask me to give an example?
I wasn't sure what a cipher was. But now I am. It is a code.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Yeah, all the capital B's make it pretty unintelligible.

So it seems clear from SVS's post that the theory about recruitment is spot on and that team's recruit isn't dead. Thus worries me, partly because the roles state that all baddie powers are cyclical, so both baddie teams could theoretically do this every couple days, and we won't know how many baddies are left. Worse, the recruit would've been acting good the whole time until they were turned and thus could be harder to find via thread evidence and votes. I think if we can we need to stamp out the recruit so there's only 1 team that could be recruiting. Unfortunately I haven't the slightest about who the recruit could be.

I think getting any baddie tomorrow would be a positive step, and we have some decent candidates for that, but I hope we can get some extra discussion going about this new issue and potentially nip it in the bud.

So general questions for more experienced folks out there: how does recruiting usually work? Would a recruit keep their powers and just change win conditions, or inherit the baddies' powers and nk now that the original baddies are dead? And if we were to lynch a recruit would the reveal just list their original role or say " role (this was a recruit)"?

And specific questions for the A team: you said something about civvies potentially being in big trouble a few days ago, back when I thought we were actually on a roll having lynched MP and having good leads on his partner. Did you know and this beforehand, and if so can you say how? Is their any other helpful information you're allowed to share with us at this point?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

In my defense, I thought it said "Blue Jean", which is a Bowie song... :| :haha:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Lots of linki. Whatever Rey is trying to say, it seems he's trying pretty darn hard. Rey, can you try typing something shorter, or throw an equal sign between 2 letters if it is a substitution code?

Possible better idea: try typing in "My name is reywaS." Maybe if we know how a certain sentence reads in his insanified language we can work backwards and see what the rest of it says
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

@Boo:I like a lot of the names on your list as people who are potential baddies. Several of them are people I'm interested at examining further. But out of curiosity, what makes you think I'm a baddie?

Some people I will be reading over today and tomorrow are Kate, llama, LT, and rey. Those are my top suspicions for right now.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

I am a little discouraged by this recruit business, tbh. I was thinking we were half-way there. And Rusty is right, people I've been thinking were mos def civ are now question marks. :sigh:

Anyway, I'm voting WHen Doves Cry b/c of the four it's the one of the four on my iPod.
*indiglowing*
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Russtifinko wrote:Lots of linki. Whatever Rey is trying to say, it seems he's trying pretty darn hard. Rey, can you try typing something shorter, or throw an equal sign between 2 letters if it is a substitution code?

Possible better idea: try typing in "My name is reywaS." Maybe if we know how a certain sentence reads in his insanified language we can work backwards and see what the rest of it says
M ne.SyrM aynrsne Ss wi.nysereyyww..eyyiia rasMemMeew.Mmeniary imyyMa raM. ymsMaMee yy i aSyaayiywm rneewM eaaamrerS. eer ema. esnrieais wra y.imesiia s aa miaMaeSye.SeyM . sienyyswySyeSaer eSaraynrarnia esyM. iMa n yisSia nnimmeeSwswei.eis M.Ma.i r maw smSymn.ywmai.aasssr nniS wws ayryena Mir w ia ayeMysMa.rS.wmMymyynMS y aawie .ise.as nMe syem.n e eiw a.rM M y yyrys eS y.imSm a. mymMranwnrnyMyMawayeSmwanaanw sM rsi e ae n s m i ream esmeMrw. enrn .srme.wiSeas.a aaae eyyyws
birdwithteeth11 wrote:@Boo:I like a lot of the names on your list as people who are potential baddies. Several of them are people I'm interested at examining further. But out of curiosity, what makes you think I'm a baddie?

Some people I will be reading over today and tomorrow are Kate, llama, LT, and rey. Those are my top suspicions for right now.
??? ????? ?? ? ? ? ???? ??? ? ? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ? ???? ? ? ?? ??? ? ?? ? ? ? ???? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ???? ? ???????? ? ? ?? ? ??? ?? ? ? ? ? ??? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?????? ?? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ? ????? ?? ?? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ???? ? ? ?? ??????? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ??? ? ? ? ?? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?
Some day, Some day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Lots of linki. Whatever Rey is trying to say, it seems he's trying pretty darn hard. Rey, can you try typing something shorter, or throw an equal sign between 2 letters if it is a substitution code?

M ne.SyrM aynrsne Ss wi.nysereyyww..eyyiia rasMemMeew.Mmeniary imyyMa raM. ymsMaMee yy i aSyaayiywm rneewM eaaamrerS. eer ema. esnrieais wra y.imesiia s aa miaMaeSye.SeyM . sienyyswySyeSaer eSaraynrarnia esyM. iMa n yisSia nnimmeeSwswei.eis M.Ma.i r maw smSymn.ywmai.aasssr nniS wws ayryena Mir w ia ayeMysMa.rS.wmMymyynMS y aawie .ise.as nMe syem.n e eiw a.rM M y yyrys eS y.imSm a. mymMranwnrnyMyMawayeSmwanaanw sM rsi e ae n s m i ream esmeMrw. enrn .srme.wiSeas.a aaae eyyyws
birdwithteeth11 wrote:@Boo:I like a lot of the names on your list as people who are potential baddies. Several of them are people I'm interested at examining further. But out of curiosity, what makes you think I'm a baddie?

??? ????? ?? ? ? ? ???? ??? ? ? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ?? ? ? ???? ? ? ?? ??? ? ?? ? ? ? ???? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ???? ? ???????? ? ? ?? ? ??? ?? ? ? ? ? ??? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?????? ?? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ? ????? ?? ?? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ???? ? ? ?? ??????? ?? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ?? ? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ?? ??? ? ? ? ?? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?
I can just see My name is reywaS sort of. Did you type it once and the programme did the rest or did you type it many times?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Snow Dog wrote:
reywaS wrote:

I can just see My name is reywaS sort of. Did you type it once and the programme did the rest or did you type it many times?
Some day, Some day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^Ok thanks. That is some serious garbling. Hope you are cured soon. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

I'm still not sure both baddie teams having a recruit makes sense. With the way the power is listed, it makes it sound like they would have multiple recruits if it was a power.

I could see the Ticking Bomb going to one of the teams (searching players to find a baddie, and then joining their team or something along those lines). But 4 baddies becoming at least 6 + 2 indies (one of whom is probably non-civvie oriented) means there would be 7 non-civvie aligned players in the game, really destroying the civvie numbers advantage (8-7 total). I just can't see it being like that.

I wouldn't worry about figuring out what rey means. I'm going to guess this is a result of the post he made yesterday where he messed up and posted in English, so hopefully it's done at the end of the night.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

That being said, if I'm wrong, I'm going to guess the role MP and Vomp recruited was Assorted Chemicals, as that was Vomps role-hinted, and if they had recruited that role he could have safely hinted at it without having to worry about anyone calling him out on it.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Zany Dex »

boo wrote:That being said, if I'm wrong, I'm going to guess the role MP and Vomp recruited was Assorted Chemicals, as that was Vomps role-hinted, and if they had recruited that role he could have safely hinted at it without having to worry about anyone calling him out on it.
Very interesting Boo. Nice catch :)
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Grand Scheme »

Russtifinko wrote:Yeah, all the capital B's make it pretty unintelligible.

So it seems clear from SVS's post that the theory about recruitment is spot on and that team's recruit isn't dead. Thus worries me, partly because the roles state that all baddie powers are cyclical, so both baddie teams could theoretically do this every couple days, and we won't know how many baddies are left. Worse, the recruit would've been acting good the whole time until they were turned and thus could be harder to find via thread evidence and votes. I think if we can we need to stamp out the recruit so there's only 1 team that could be recruiting. Unfortunately I haven't the slightest about who the recruit could be.

I think getting any baddie tomorrow would be a positive step, and we have some decent candidates for that, but I hope we can get some extra discussion going about this new issue and potentially nip it in the bud.

So general questions for more experienced folks out there: how does recruiting usually work? Would a recruit keep their powers and just change win conditions, or inherit the baddies' powers and nk now that the original baddies are dead? And if we were to lynch a recruit would the reveal just list their original role or say " role (this was a recruit)"?

And specific questions for the A team: you said something about civvies potentially being in big trouble a few days ago, back when I thought we were actually on a roll having lynched MP and having good leads on his partner. Did you know and this beforehand, and if so can you say how? Is their any other helpful information you're allowed to share with us at this point?
First off yes if a civ is recruited 98% of the time they retain their powers and would get the NK if the rest of the team was dead. They would only inherit baddie powers if they were pooled and used as one. Usually if they are lynched there would be a mention of "Sally is X and was recruited".
I believe there to be only 1 recruit.

I say usually because you never know is this crazy game called mafia.

Ok Rusty to answer your questions:

No I cannot elaborate further about the civ's being in trouble. You all absolutely need to pull and act together if you want to win.

I was sent to help the civ's.
Because of everyone's awesomeness in lynching Vompatti I have now been given a vote.
I cannot protect, block or kill anyone.
I know some things but not everything.
I can only post a limited amount.

I think thats all I am willing to tell you about us.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

He-Man wrote:
boo wrote:That being said, if I'm wrong, I'm going to guess the role MP and Vomp recruited was Assorted Chemicals, as that was Vomps role-hinted, and if they had recruited that role he could have safely hinted at it without having to worry about anyone calling him out on it.
I've noticed that He-Man frequently congratulates others on their deductions while not making any contribution of his own. This seems to me very suspect. I will have my :eye: on you, sir.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I hated the A Team..
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

thellama73 wrote:
He-Man wrote:
I've noticed that He-Man frequently congratulates others on their deductions while not making any contribution of his own. This seems to me very suspect. I will have my :eye: on you, sir.
NO U
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

He-Man wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
He-Man wrote:
NO U
Oh, good point. Nevermind then.

Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

:p
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

:haha:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”