U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 8

Post by nutella »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:11 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:10 pmThe soulkeeper specifically said the "escape" at night through the door is the one where I could come out "changed". Being rescued was a separate option.
was the soulkeepwr Mac or PC?
This is a top tier pun
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:46 pmLC definitely knew it was YOU who outted him though... I wonder how such a thing could be staged. It sounds ballsy but so are the players involved :ponder:
follow up quandry??: if the mafia knew that juliets was a civ cop then why is she still alive 4 days later
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:51 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:11 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:10 pmThe soulkeeper specifically said the "escape" at night through the door is the one where I could come out "changed". Being rescued was a separate option.
was the soulkeepwr Mac or PC?
This is a top tier pun
it was a mid-tier typo
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:53 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:46 pmLC definitely knew it was YOU who outted him though... I wonder how such a thing could be staged. It sounds ballsy but so are the players involved :ponder:
follow up quandry??: if the mafia knew that juliets was a civ cop then why is she still alive 4 days later
Because sig and dunya covered well for me. They drew the suspicion onto them. sig claimed he was JOAT and he had checked LC before he got taken to the chatzy of lost souls and that made sense because the lynching was driven by dunya who was in there with sig.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Did mac actually say he'd tell us if a team was eliminated? I thought he had but then I ISO'd him and couldn't find it. Was I making that up?

(Because if that's true we're still looking for at least one of each team right?)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:03 pm Did mac actually say he'd tell us if a team was eliminated? I thought he had but then I ISO'd him and couldn't find it. Was I making that up?

(Because if that's true we're still looking for at least one of each team right?)
He told us Isis was eliminated.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

"At the end of day six insertnamehere (ISIS Cream) and Kites (Civilian) were lynched. ISIS Cream was defeated."

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Lol guys I've been here the whole time I swear
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:07 pm Lol guys I've been here the whole time I swear
Well except for when I was kidnapped for sex stuff
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

When does day end
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yeah pretty sure Im saved juliets but I know nothing about recruitments or w/e
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:00 pm
Because sig and dunya covered well for me. They drew the suspicion onto them. sig claimed he was JOAT and he had checked LC before he got taken to the chatzy of lost souls and that made sense because the lynching was driven by dunya who was in there with sig.
I thought LC singled you out though. Do you think he was bluffing or what?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So Kyle and TH formed a team versus Bob and Juliets? Thats what it looks like
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:27 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:00 pm
I thought LC singled you out though. Do you think he was bluffing or what?
He did single me out but after that sig and dunya implied they were responsible for the check which was believable because of where the nail came from.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:30 pm So Kyle and TH formed a team versus Bob and Juliets? Thats what it looks like
Well not really. We have just been discussing why each person could be mafia or civ.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Also, I acknowledge its possible I got a bad result on one of my checks but assuming I got valid results Kyle is bad. And I have to go with that assumption right now.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I will probably not be on after about 8 o'clock eat, and I'll have dinner before that so if anyone wants me to answer anything please put it out there.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

EBWOP: eastern daylight time not "eat"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

working a closing shift til about 10 PST so by the time I'm back around everyone's probably going to be asleep
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

whatever you do, please keep this phase from ending in a tie, that's the actual worst case scenario for today.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

juliets wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:34 pm Also, I acknowledge its possible I got a bad result on one of my checks but assuming I got valid results Kyle is bad. And I have to go with that assumption right now.
Yyyyyyyyep.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Quin »

i'll be here guys dont worry
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Theory crafting a bit:

If I'm mafia, my power is basically useless tonight. The only way it comes into play is if there's a tie between me and somebody else and I picked the right person who is voting with me not against me.

If TH is mafia, Kyle was probably telling the truth about him and his power is basically useless tonight.

If Kyle is mafia, he could have an extra kill or vote steal or make himself a double voter or something else that messes with the math.

If DDL is mafia, his power is useless tonight.

If juliets is mafia, her power is useless tonight unless she's lying about it, which is entirely possible but IMO the way her/Sig played out yesterday she's basically confirmed.

So Kyle is the smart lynch, because even if we're wrong we're still likely to be in mylo tomorrow (relying on DDL's vote, granted). But if he's mafia he could potentially lock up a win with a mislynch today.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]juliets[/mention] what's the name of your role?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:07 pmIf I'm mafia, my power is basically useless tonight. The only way it comes into play is if there's a tie between me and somebody else and I picked the right person who is voting with me not against me.
this assumes you can't self target, we also don't know for sure the exact function of your role, just that it results in a +/- 1 vote
If Kyle is mafia, he could have an extra kill or vote steal or make himself a double voter or something else that messes with the math.
all I have left is a jail-keep
So Kyle is the smart lynch, because even if we're wrong we're still likely to be in mylo tomorrow (relying on DDL's vote, granted). But if he's mafia he could potentially lock up a win with a mislynch today.
that seems pretty convenient for you
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

did mac ever say if he'd tell us when we were in lylo?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:17 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:07 pmIf I'm mafia, my power is basically useless tonight. The only way it comes into play is if there's a tie between me and somebody else and I picked the right person who is voting with me not against me.
this assumes you can't self target, we also don't know for sure the exact function of your role, just that it results in a +/- 1 vote
If I could self-target and was mafia again INH wouldn't have been lynched
all I have left is a jail-keep[/quote]
If you're town, sure. If you're mafia, who knows.
Care to dispute any of the logic or just cast aspersions on my character?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:21 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:17 pm
If I could self-target and was mafia again INH wouldn't have been lynched
all I have left is a jail-keep
If you're town, sure. If you're mafia, who knows.
Care to dispute any of the logic or just cast aspersions on my character?
Fixed
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

If juliets got recruited and we were teammates why wouldn't I have just made her the double voter?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i disputed your logic in that very post, right up there.

if we were voting purely based on potential to fuck up lylo your role is way worse than mine :0 if I'm mafia then the worst case scenario is that my role might do the thing that your role has already been proven to do.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:26 pm If juliets got recruited and we were teammates why wouldn't I have just made her the double voter?
you would. who's questioning that?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

that's why im concerned about ties
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:29 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:26 pm If juliets got recruited and we were teammates why wouldn't I have just made her the double voter?
There was a whole discussion on her being recruited and me also being mafia, no?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:27 pm i disputed your logic in that very post, right up there.

if we were voting purely based on potential to fuck up lylo your role is way worse than mine :0 if I'm mafia then the worst case scenario is that my role might do the thing that your role has already been proven to do.
My role isn't helpful tomorrow unless I can self-target, and like I said if I could self-target INH wouldn't have gotten lynched.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:34 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:27 pm i disputed your logic in that very post, right up there.

My role isn't helpful tomorrow unless I can self-target, and like I said if I could self-target INH wouldn't have gotten lynched.
If I could self-target and was mafia*

(I just make sure I vote Kites, we look like we tie, kites is lynched, we kill somebody, etc)
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

double targeting rule means you'd only be able to do yourself every other night, right? plus even without that you'd be able to target ddl
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Welp inh was ISIS rip that defense

But anyway why wouldn't I have made Sloonei a double voter instead of you
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:31 pm
There was a whole discussion on her being recruited and me also being mafia, no?
yes, i don't understand the question. if you and juliets are teammates you'd obviously target juliets at endgame
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:36 pm

double targeting rule means you'd only be able to do yourself every other night, right? plus even without that you'd be able to target ddl
Tomorrow that doesn't matter. If we mislynch it's presumably 1 v 1 v 1. It's basically "who does DDL want to win". Giving him a double vote doesn't change that. Heck giving myself a double vote doesn't really change that, all that happens is either town or DDL doesn't win because they're lynched alongside me.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:38 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:31 pm
yes, i don't understand the question. if you and juliets are teammates you'd obviously target juliets at endgame
Why does al-Pieda cbob, with teammates Sloonei and motel and potentially a recruited juliets, make you a double voter?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:37 pm Welp inh was ISIS rip that defense

the only reason we think you targeted me is cus you said you did, you could have targeted any of the inh voters, right?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:41 pm

the only reason we think you targeted me is cus you said you did, you could have targeted any of the inh voters, right?
If you think I faked that reaction, sure.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

And also this is all depending on the fact that I also have a godfather role, let's not forget
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:08 pm @juliets what's the name of your role?
Dr. Laszlo Kreisler, from the Alienist.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:41 pm

which rules me out because I voted Kites.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'll check back in every so often until I go to bed.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Should we just let DDL decide the coin toss? :grin:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:11 pm Should we just let DDL decide the coin toss? :grin:
:disappoint:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention] and [mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] if you had to choose between juliets and CBob which way would you lean iykwim
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:06 pm @Kylemii and @Dragon D. Luffy if you had to choose between juliets and CBob which way would you lean iykwim
You seriously want to lynch the cop?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”