Bread Mafia [Game Over]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's getting baked today? (It takes 8 votes to hammer the bread)

Poll ended at Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:00 pm

Alison
33%
DaughterOfOmega
7%
DkKoba
No votes
Esooa
7%
Grogu
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Made
No votes
Michelle
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes
nutella
20%
staypositivefriend
No votes
tutuu
No votes
No Bake
No votes
Unvote
No votes
Croissant!!! (Host, Mods, Nonplayers, Deads)
33%

Total votes: 15
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 826
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Bread Mafia [Day 3]

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:09 pm something that i found interesting is that when tutuu did her "trustfall" earlier, she noted that she had the hardest time coming up with a reason to both townread ~and~ scumread jagged

i found myself in a similar position when i outed a trustfall/distrustfall yesterday

if jagged has mostly just skated by on "good vibes/energy" and there are no concrete reasons to label him town, then that concerns me. it could be indicative of a jagged!scum world. i feel that the possibility needs to be explored thoroughly today
yeah I may be giving him too much credit tbh
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 794
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:09 pm something that i found interesting is that when tutuu did her "trustfall" earlier, she noted that she had the hardest time coming up with a reason to both townread ~and~ scumread jagged

i found myself in a similar position when i outed a trustfall/distrustfall yesterday

if jagged has mostly just skated by on "good vibes/energy" and there are no concrete reasons to label him town, then that concerns me. it could be indicative of a jagged!scum world. i feel that the possibility needs to be explored thoroughly today
I honestly don't understand the perspective that all I have going for me are good vibes and energy. I have done a crap load of work, and not just this phase. That doesn't mean I must be town, the end, but I would hope that an assessment of the work I have done would help to clarify that I am doing it authentically.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 272

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

I like all of the Alison voters though, meh I think I am fine with it
DkKoba
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 412
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by DkKoba »

the vote counts ive gathered thus far btw
main sites: MafiaScum, EpicMafia
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

DkKoba wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:12 pm why have both doom and grogu pretended like spf isnt clear here
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 826
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:13 pm

I honestly don't understand the perspective that all I have going for me are good vibes and energy. I have done a crap load of work, and not just this phase. That doesn't mean I must be town, the end, but I would hope that an assessment of the work I have done would help to clarify that I am doing it authentically.
I do think your work has looked more authentic than not, in my tummy, but haven't scrutinized it in depth. if we get results that don't match up I may become more concerned
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 535
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:13 pm

perhaps you can help me out - do you feel that there is a distinct difference between jagged!town work and jagged!scum work?

obviously, i'm sure that the work you do as scum comes with the intent to push a specific agenda - but do you think that your alignment is easily readable based on the ~way~ that you're doing your work?

i'm asking you because while i acknowledge that you're doing a lot of work (which i do appreciate), it's difficult for me to get specific alignment indicative information from it
Grogu
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 238

Post by Grogu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:11 pm
Grogu wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:09 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:04 pm a side benefit of being clear is that i'm not obligated to explain my reads in-depth like i typically am, so i am simply going to post Vibe Reports as my reads fluctuate. i will do my best to write up a legacy wallpost before the day ends outlining my thought process and the best path forward for a victory

nanook > DOOM > nutella > tutuu esooa > koba > grogu > jagged > alison

as things stand, i would need to see a solid case on nanook/tutuu to get to a world where they're mafia today. i am reconsidering nutella and have felt uneasy about her at several points today, but i still perceive her to be outside of her "scumrange", based on my relatively limited perception of her. the strongest argument for her being mafia is simply that she has rode along the consensus POE and then continued to pursue the same angles today (with an immediate push on me/made), but she does Feel authentic to me.

the read on DOOM may shift as i sort things out, but i'm finding a doom!scum world increasingly less likely as the day goes on

out of the consensus "POE", grogu is the one with the most scum equity, in the sense that he has been an easy target for the mafia to pounce on for this entire game but he has largely been shielded by the rest of the players

i am fairly certain that alison/jagged has at least one, but i have yet to see a compelling reason for why they can't be a team

i don't think that i'm 3/3 yet
This is horrible, why are you town again?
your words cut me deeply, baby yoda
I’m sorry, yours hurt my lil soul too. How dare you call me high scum equity. Sad

Image Image Image
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

btw watched Madolorian season 2 during this game, found out what grogu is
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:16 pm perhaps you can help me out - do you feel that there is a distinct difference between jagged!town work and jagged!scum work?

obviously, i'm sure that the work you do as scum comes with the intent to push a specific agenda - but do you think that your alignment is easily readable based on the ~way~ that you're doing your work?

i'm asking you because while i acknowledge that you're doing a lot of work (which i do appreciate), it's difficult for me to get specific alignment indicative information from it
I would suggest that you review my work while asking yourself "do I think Jay's perspective here is a fair one, that it makes sense, and that his conclusions reflect what I would expect from a town player?"

You can also ask "do I agree with Jay?", but that's a much higher bar and I won't always reach it town or not. If you do agree though, I think that ought to be a fair sign.

For example, if I was mafia doing today's work instead of town doing today's work, I think I would have found any way I could to make Omega and Alison fit together. Breaking them apart has splintered my own POE, and in the broader game theory it makes me more vulnerable. But I seek truth, SPF. I seek truth.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:11 pm Do Alison and Esooa fit together as mafia teammates?

From Alison about Esooa

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:05 am
DkKoba wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:04 am is anyone opposed to a JaggedJimmyJay, Esooa, nutella, tutuu PoE on D1?
yes
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:12 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:11 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:10 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:07 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:06 am Why is nobody talking about LC's scumslip

I highlighted it too
looked like an obvious joke to me

don't see how that's scummy
I don't think he wrote that post in a way that was meant to be taken as a joke though. Like it's sandwiched between two relatively seriously looking reads. I think there's a pretty serious chance that he was just trying to throw out some random made up reads and picked two random names he saw skimming through the thread without realizing he picked the host.
I don't think scum literally just flat out lie about reads. I'd think he'd at least try to make real ones and not pick random names. So I don't see what you're talking about here
I disagree, I think it's well within LC's scum range to pick two names out of a hat :P
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:12 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:10 am tutuu
DkKoba
Esooa
I would like reasons
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:14 am ordered

Bombs
DkKoba
JJJ

Removal
Esooa
nanook

Evasion
nutella
lurkers/one-posters
tutuu

Aggro
SPF

Duds
LC
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:17 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:16 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:14 am Removal
Esooa
whaddya like
not scum with LC, not scum with tutuu.

does a scum esooa respond to town!tutuu giving her a snap townread by aggro'ing her immediately? I don't think so.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:19 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:19 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:19 am Dk is inno child by the way. Threadspewed/TMI'd out the ass and has not trended down in terms of tone after being townread by half the game.
disagree, half out of spite
spite?
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:51 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:47 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:37 am koba probably is town cause I don't think they as scum decide to attack me for bad reasons, it's probably a town thing
towny read for esooa to make imo
think it's NAI but I have esooa as town for other reasons
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:58 am esooa/tutuu is probably T/T

swap tutuu with DoO in my POE and I am happy with it.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:25 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:17 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:15 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:56 am both michelle and daughterofomega have given weird townreads of made that are out of tune with the rest of the thread

is that just the team lmao
Sometimes you have to realize that the evil want to fit in and gain the innocent's favor. You want to attack the people on their own, or giving takes that put themselves outside of the majority. This is something that some town do, because their ideas and thoughts are genuine, and instead of tailoring their responses to gain credit, they just say what is true to them.
Any credit given to this slot for posting thoughts that go against the grain should be revoked because they are clearly aware it is a townie thing to do and are fishing for cred for it
I find this post very awkward. The perspective of it is what bothers me. The focus of the post is trying to limit any town cred I could potentially receive. Though this person has been around the entire thread and would know that not a single person has given me town cred for going against the grain, if this had been a topic of discussion prior, then the idea being a genuine thought from an innocent is possible. Though I've thought for a bit, since this had not been a prior read, what is a thought process that could lead someone to say this?

My short conclusion as of now is that Alison would potentially being an evil alignment, who is coming to the thread with a focus on denying innocents from achieving levels of good cred. I have sat here thinking of other focuses that would lead a town to posting this, which I haven't been able to see.
Esooa has said your post was TWTBAW, which is directly giving you towncred for going against the grain. Nanook has at least heavily implied that he was doing something similar. So yes, people have been giving you towncred for it.

The early trend is for Alison to town read Esooa, albeit sometimes softly. There are a few other neutral mentions/exchanges. It's a tame beginning.

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:36 am I think my towncore is Dk, Esooa, JJJ, nutella, tutuu, maybe nook. Unless I am being completely outplayed this should be close enough to the truth (if not just the straight truth) to roll over the game given the players involved.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:08 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:05 am you can town read Ellie for her posts but don't lock town her lol
I don't think it's within most players' scum range unless they're exceptionally good
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:13 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:11 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:08 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:05 am you can town read Ellie for her posts but don't lock town her lol
I don't think it's within most players' scum range unless they're exceptionally good
how?
aggression + ego cranked up way too high in way too short a span of time. The way mafia make aggressive posts is that they want to shout at you until you get off their back. Ellie's was just someone snapping andl ashing out in a very natural, instinctive way.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:14 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:13 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:11 am I think the towncore is pretty watertight right now and I think JJJ would absolutely be freaking out if he was scum and his teammates weren't in the towncore. So yeah, I trust JJJ.
pretty meh on this read
I mean the read only makes sense if you agree with me that the towncore is watertight. You distrust tutuu so naturally you're going to see my conclusion as being a lot more unwarranted than me.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:18 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:16 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:14 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:13 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:11 am I think the towncore is pretty watertight right now and I think JJJ would absolutely be freaking out if he was scum and his teammates weren't in the towncore. So yeah, I trust JJJ.
pretty meh on this read
I mean the read only makes sense if you agree with me that the towncore is watertight. You distrust tutuu so naturally you're going to see my conclusion as being a lot more unwarranted than me.
actually the biggest reason is this read is applicable to every player in the poe so it's ultimately meaningless
no, actually, this is specific to JJJ as an individual because of his playstyle and personality. I don't doubt that any scum in the POE feels the heat turning up right now, but I think JJJ would take it a lot harder than most other players because of how much he values town cores and thinks the game revolves around them.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:21 am
Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:19 am unless ur gaslighting them...

sorry y'all be we're pretty far from a towncore, and tbh it's a dangerous to imply otherwise
Esooa: I think X is false.
Alison: If we accept that X, then Y is a natural conclusion.
Esooa: I disagree with Y tbh.
Alison: Well yeah, obviously, you disagree with X, so you would have no reason to think Y was true.

X = "tutuu is town", Y = "JJJ is town".

This is not gaslighting and it's a reach to say so.

Why don't you believe in the towncore idea?
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:48 am
Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:43 am gaslight is a strong word, but it is beneficial to a wolf to manipulate people by using true logic as often as possible, even when unnecessary.
it's like tmi-ing to be right without the need to use information.

And i didn't mean to imply mindless sheeping. You can be engaged with a game--and agree with players---and be wrong. That's what i'm getting at.

this towncore feels like it's been given manufactured consent. I don't think we have solid footing/trust to get a towncore at this particular moment, and i think it's inaccurate to say that's where we're at.
Yes, wolves often use correct logic because it's more convincing. That doesn't mean that the act of using correct logic is inherently manipulative or wolfy. Wolves have TMI on alignments, not motivations. Me being a wolf doesn't give me extra insight into Esooa's reasoning, so me assuming Esooa's reasoning isn't TMI - it was a wrong assumption anyway.

I don't think manufactured consent is at play here. Basically everyone interested in a towncore has been pretty happy to do so, and in JJJ's case, happy even when they're not in it. They're not like "well I'm not really feeling this but I guess X said we had to towncore, so we're going to towncore". The general sentiment is "fuck yeah I trust these players they're great, I wanna team up with them!" The sentiments are unprompted and natural feeling (at least to my eye), suggesting that mafia isn't setting townies up to support a towncore against their best interests. It's just townies being happy that they've found another townie.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:26 pm Esooa's treatment of Ellie feels pretty townie.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:48 pm
Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:47 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:46 pm If you're just doing bog standard stuff why're you cagey about your plans?
whats cagey mean
Cagey means like, wanting to withhold information.

Basically I'm asking "if your plans are all standard 'read interesting posts, find scum' stuff, why are you saying stuff like 'I have plans that I don't want the mafia to know about so I won't reveal them'?"

I'm clumping posts together because there are so many. This is still Day 0 and a bit into Day 1. The town read continues, with more neutral chatter about Esooa and a couple low-severity exchanges of disagreement. As often seems to be the case assessing Alison, this stuff doesn't alarm me but it is not incompatible.

Alison wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:58 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:42 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am
EllieDelight wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am lol dude i know i can, you literally showed me how you play mafia. get fucked kid if youre mafia this game youre as good as toast
lock town
probs your only bad take so far
I have a less strong reaction to that post now especially given Esooa's testimony about her meta but I townread it at the time because the spike in hostility was so strong, and it's not the same kind of aggression you see from scum players trying to get people off their back either. It's just pure ego coming from someone who knows they're town and genuinely resents the suspicion placed on them.
Alison wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:07 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:02 am i think you're overestimating your perspective of what the gamestate was at the time tbh. I just read through it, at the time the cards were not laid out as clearly as you are insinuating. The towncore level shit actually came after and in some way as a response to that.
tbh gamestates always feel different in the moment vs when you're catching up afterwards

all I can say it's that's the vibe I got and it's why I said what I said

at any rate, Esooa saying that Ellie has scum meta of using hostility to get townread has nullified my old read so it doesn't matter now.
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:23 am Hey, I'm sorry for not being around. I've been pretty busy today trying to get a working phone line in order so I can perform my quarantine checkins, and I've been struggling with jet lag as well. There's a lot of posts that's been made and it's midnight so I skimmed most of it. Here's the stuff that stands out most to me.

1) Michelle, you stated earlier that you thought LC was town because his wagon grew too big too fast - ie. that scum wanted to pile on him and kill him. LC's wagon has now broken down and the wagon formations are scattered amongst multiple players. Why do you think this is the case? Under your perspective, did the scum trying to push LC give up and look for other targets?

2) JJJ, what is your current POE? (Sorry if you've said and I didn't see)

3) Esooa, how good are you at reading Ellie, historically?

Alison was willing to step back from her town confidence about Ellie by way of Esooa's testimony. That might be a decent look for dissociation in that a mafia Alison would be ascribing some portion of the responsibility for her take to Esooa.

Alison wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:10 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:08 pm alison could be mafia imo
nah

:goofp:

I want to say something meaningful about this exchange, because it might really have meaning. But I don't know it.

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:25 pm I think this interaction is in the scum range of Esooa/LC to fake, but am trending towards both of them being town regardless.

@MacDougall I have a problem with you pretending like like me having one read you disagreed with means I'm scum. It felt townie in the moment to me, and nanook thought the same thing as well. I've explained my thought process behind it and walked you through my progression. Please stop pretending that town Alison would "never have a read that bad" because we both know I've had reads you hated when I was town.
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:04 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:03 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:00 pm Also Alison is outed mafia. She would sheep my case if she was town and this disconnected.
Why would I sheep your case when you're calling me mafia for my initial townread on Ellie, which I do not think is a legitimate reason to read me mafia
This does not have anything to do with my case on LC and Esooa. I don't have to be right about you for that case to be the super hot fire it is. Coupled with the fact that you know I am town you should be sheeping. You're mafia. Sorry bout the rand.
It's relevant because I have reason to suspect you've jumped the shark. You made a case on Esooa, I read it. I'm not obligated to automatically believe everything you say just because it comes from you. I took it into account and decided I want to press the Ellie button. There has been a fast and furious response to me pressing that button, in a way that's pretty damn useful for spew analysis. So how about you back off and let me do that thing instead of reflexively scumreading me for not sheeping you 100% of the time, after you've called me scum for bad reasons already?
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:55 pm Mac if I am scum with Esooa and LC why would we coalesce on Ellie to defend LC when all three of our metas/MOs as scum would involve the two of us ejecting LC out of an airlock and then going deep
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:02 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:57 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:55 pm Mac if I am scum with Esooa and LC why would we coalesce on Ellie to defend LC when all three of our metas/MOs as scum would involve the two of us ejecting LC out of an airlock and then going deep
You're trying to say there is no particular gamestate in which you would choose to try to save a teammate on day 1 of a 3 wolf game?
No, I'm saying that if I was wolfing with Esooa and LC in this spot, I would team up with Esooa to bury LC extremely hard and then go deep. The counterargument is that LC could be a scum PR, in which case, sure, but it requires you to believe a very specific outlook on exactly who is scum and what their roles are.
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:15 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:39 pm
EllieDelight wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am lol dude i know i can, you literally showed me how you play mafia. get fucked kid if youre mafia this game youre as good as toast
lock town
@Esooa Alison lock townread Ellie for this. Alison isn't someone who makes statements like this lightly and backs down from them. You have experienced that very Alison. That I now see her voting for Ellie concerns me greatly. Either Alison is bussing her the lock town read was fake. Alison is always mafia here.
wait yeah hang on

@Alison pls explainerino
My read was "this level of hostility, in this particular manner, is not in most people's scumrange, especially not a newbie". Esooa came in and testified that she had in previous games been able to display this level of hostility as scum, which nullifies my read. I haven't had the position that Ellie was lock town since then, and she hasn't even been on my town core lists. This was an on-the-spot reaction, and I don't feel obligated to hold to it after conflicting evidence comes in and the game has developed further.
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:21 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:48 pm Alison's progression on Ellie went from lock town to slightly softened, to voting, with no in-between. No effort to engage her. No effort to make a case. Its almost townie cuz of how sloppy it would be for her. But we don't outthink ourselves with Alison.
Get out of your tunnel and step into my shoes for one minute. There are 3 people who are remotely possible to die today, and who I would find a palatable exe: Made, LC, Ellie (I guess Grogu is there, but I don't want a Grogu exe because it's a cop out and doesn't resolve any of the current controversies). I am jet lagged and juggling various IRL responsibilities. I wake up at 3PM, come online, and see that LC is acting in a way that 1) isn't congruent with his previous scum play and 2) lessens his partner equity with Esooa. I read it as townie overall, and switch to Ellie, who has been fairly quiet and is being deathtunnelled by Esooa (who I townread).

In this position, I'm not gonna bother writing a huge case wall on Ellie. I'm just going to vote her because she's the logical choice if I'm not feeling an LC exe and Made didn't have any traction. Context matters and just because I'm headstrong as town doesn't mean that any time I take a softer approach I'm automatically scum. I got mistunnelled for that shit in Hydra G5 and I expect you to know me better than that.

Well here is some saucy stuff, compliments of dear departed @MacDougall. Mac had suggested on Day 1 that Alison and Esooa could be mafia teammates, and this exchange stems from that. Hopefully I get more of it from the Esooa side later. There's a lot of wifom embedded in Alison's comments -- that if she and Esooa were both mafia (and with LC), that they'd have both bussed him to high hell and gone deep for it. That may or may not be true, but it loses its relevance with LC's town flip. Perhaps there was some hope then that LC's town flip would then dismantle Mac's team theory -- including just the Alison/Esooa pairing. That might be a stretch.

When pressed about her Ellie read, Alison continued to attribute much of her change of heart to Esooa's testimony. If they're teammates, that would reflect really milking the link on purpose. It's possible, but I dunno if that's wifom I care to entertain.

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:54 pm Esooa is town because she's locked on to Ellie/Made in a way that feels very reminiscent of the way she tunnels slots as town. She's also been pushing the line that LC is town and it's a position I'm starting to come around to.

From the Day 1 reads list, interspersed somewhere among the posts in the prior spoiler. The reasoning for the town read is perhaps thin, but I think it's suitable for Day 1 standards. Not alarming, but not incompatible either.

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:25 am I don't think scum Esooa acts this way about Ellie knowing that Ellie is going to flip town. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and Occam's Razor is that Ellie is scum, Esooa is cleared, and Mac gets to be a little embarassed in DVC.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:30 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:28 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:27 am tone it down like three notches. this isn't helping us solve the game, esp when I think both of you are almost certainly just town.
people like Mac tunneling me out of fear isn't helping solve either so I'm not accepting it
Mac is out of the game. Please don't force us to read long walls of screaming between you and nutella; it won't change anyone's minds, it's anti-town, and it sours things between you and nutella, when I think you're most likely both on the same team.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:42 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:40 am cool, really enjoy playing a game where I get based on if my reads are anything but 100% correct while u get to just sound towny day 0 and get lock cleared by everyone and don't have to care at all about if you have a single incorrect reads with players you barely even know they're all gonna apply some kinda insane meta where my reads are always correct or I get hard pushed for entire day phases at a time

I'm not checking this thread for the next 24 hours wtv

Ellie+made+1

+1 in koba/grogu/DOOM/spf/koba (maybe forgetting one)

most likely doom
nutella has agreed you're town regardless of ellie's flip, so it's fine. I agree with this solve. let's just drop the argument and barrel roll a wolf.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:43 am Also if we sweep the scum from here and Esooa and nutella spent pages screaming at each other over whether or not Esooa should be treated as 95% or 100% town I'm going to laugh
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:48 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:44 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:43 am Also if we sweep the scum from here and Esooa and nutella spent pages screaming at each other over whether or not Esooa should be treated as 95% or 100% town I'm going to laugh
Alison, when people are saying they're literally gonna auto lynch me and it's believable cause of how they treat me, if I get a read wrong

it literally feels like shit to solve the game

me being right on my reads literally determines if 4 people are gonna scum read me and literally never let go of it and guess what it fucking sucks
nutella has agreed that you look townie off this even if Ellie is town, and so does SPF. I'm on record as saying I don't think it makes sense for scum you to suicide bomb like this and you're townie on play in general. You're not going to get auto-exed if Ellie flips green, and you've gotten what you wanted, so let go of this and just play properly and sweep up the game.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:25 pm Towncore: Esooa/nutella/tutuu/koba/nanook

Knocking on the towncore door: DOOM

High POE: Michelle, SPF

Low POE: Grogu, Made, Ellie

Something like this is where I'm at atm. I think there's a decent chance the team is exactly [Grogu/Made/Ellie], since the interactions make sense to me if it's exactly that.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:30 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:27 pm I'd be tempted to agree with your point about Michelle if she wasn't putting effort into scum reading literally

myself, Nutella, spf

which uh, yeah lol
Yeah, but what's her plan here as scum? Like she's putting in a lot of effort while under imminent threat of death, suggesting that if he's scum she's trying to dig herself out of a hole. Having her scumreads be Esooa/nutella/SPF don't seem conducive to that plan. I'm confused what her goal is if she's scum, because she's not going to save herself if that's her solve. I'm reminded of Hydra G6, where I was hydra'ing with Fatmo and we managed to get there on Bluestar (a very heavily suspected slot) being town because we determined that their play made absolutely no sense if they were scum and gave them no path to victory.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:33 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:30 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:25 pm Towncore: Esooa/nutella/tutuu/koba/nanook

Knocking on the towncore door: DOOM

High POE: Michelle, SPF

Low POE: Grogu, Made, Ellie

Something like this is where I'm at atm. I think there's a decent chance the team is exactly [Grogu/Made/Ellie], since the interactions make sense to me if it's exactly that.
how likely do you think it is Ellie and mades posts were distancing?

Also, your apprehension on Michelle makes me want to consider just going Made today. It seems extremely hard to make a team that leaves him out with how things currently are

I'd also like to ask why nanook is still in your towncore? Would be be lower if Michelle flipped scum?

Are you completely confident in tutuu being town? The question I asked earlier would heavily hinge on thinking the PoE is generally very accurate
I don't see Ellie/Made interactions as clearing them from being partners. Made has an extremely strong townread on Ellie for virtually no reason; Ellie thinks Made is lock scum and is very loud about it, and quotes all his posts with comments like "LOOK HOW SCUM MADE IS". Neither of these stances feel particularly out of the ordinary from scum that don't want to spew each other; I'm particularly concerned by the specific talking point Ellie has, which is "Made is scum because he's trying to make me look scum with him when he goes down" - I think that could easily be Ellie projecting her worries about being spewed red off Made's scumflip, and trying to pre-emptively excuse herself from it.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:38 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:30 pm I'd also like to ask why nanook is still in your towncore? Would be be lower if Michelle flipped scum?

Are you completely confident in tutuu being town? The question I asked earlier would heavily hinge on thinking the PoE is generally very accurate
Re: nanook and tutuu - I have seen a tell from nanook that makes me pretty damn confident he's town, which I'm hesitant to fully explain right now. Rain check on this, and I promise I'll explain in later days. For now I don't have any worries about him.

As for tutuu, yes, I'm confident. She's just towntold way too much, and I think SPF/nutella etc. have both commented on this as well. Not re-evaluating her until FX.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:59 pm
Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:57 pm About eod gamestate is hard for me to explain my intuition, i had with Ted a long convo about this in one of the last DVC.
You tried to calm down Nut and Esooa iirc, did i remember this wrong? This is a towny move.
You don't think trying to calm down nutella and Esooa is within my scum range? Seriously?

Here's a whole pile of loosely related Day 2 stuff. Much of it is direct dialogue between the two which I think is a bit more easily interpreted. Comments:

- I get a vibe here that Alison is explaining her mindset to someone that doesn't already know it, which would be a good thing for dissociation.

- On the other hand, Esooa's tone is rather docile in a way that I'm not sure reflects her typical exchanges with others (see orange highlight). It's not all like that, so I won't make a big stink -- but I noticed a bit of it.

- I like Alison trying to calm the combat between nutella and Esooa at least a little. I probably let my teammate get into that fight and ruin the thread.

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:30 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:29 pm grogu posts rn feel towny tbh
I agree.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:03 pm If Esooa is scum, why would she get "cold feet" about the LC (town) exe and put her neck on the chopping block to push Ellie? Why not just sit back and munch on popcorn as LC dies?
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:07 pm Mac's theory was that she was scum with LC. If Mac was so influential on the gamestate, then LC would have been exed and Esooa just has to shrug her shoulders and go "see? Mac's theory was wrong". Again, no reason to run up Ellie there and potentially make herself look bad.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:08 pm
Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:07 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:04 pm Also, why would all the wolves pile on you simultaneously like that, potentially exposing themselves/forming links between each other later on that could spew them red, just to get you exed when you were already in the POE and not widely trusted anyway?
For the reasoning you are exposing here.
For being illogical from villagery perspective.
All of them are perfectly capable to do this
No clue about Esooa and SPF but this isn't in nutella's wolf range. She doesn't mind game that deep when she's scum. Can you show me a game that makes you think this behavior is in nutella's scum range?

Here are a few more from Day 2. The first post about Grogu is whatever. The rest feature Alison defending Esooa based upon her Day 1 voting behavior. Typically, I think the reasoning is logical and also team-compatible.

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:25 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:23 pm [VOTE: staybestfriend] aubergine
why?
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:29 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:24 pm @Allison reads list pls unless you've posted one recently
Towncore: DK, Esooa, nanook, nutella, tutuu, JJJ
Knocking on the door: SPF, DOOM
Townread: Grogu
POE: Michelle, Made, Ellie

DOOM and Grogu move around a bit, but this is roughly where I have them at right now. JJJ has been too in-sync with me today for me to leave him out of the towncore, and I don't think mafia is in a good enough position that they can afford to just have the exact same stance as me to pocket me. If JJJ is scum he has to push his own agenda, not just sheep me. I've had a couple of interactions with SPF that make me more confident about her, and that's why she's knocking at the towncore's door. I particularly liked the "chill" vibe I got from her when I quizzed her about how she feels about people not clearing her.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:52 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:35 pm @Alison is there a reason you don't want to explain your nanook read
Right now, yes.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:53 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:41 pm my reads rn

town

Alison, DaughterOfOmega, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella

the rest

DkKoba
EllieDelight
Grogu
Made
Michelle
staypositivefriend
tutuu
is "the rest" ordered? because if so I'm sort of confused
Alison wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:03 am I woke up at 3am and can't get back to sleep. Skimmed the thread briefly.
Michelle wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:32 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:50 am I am excited to see what Michelle does with this brand new poll.
Morning, i saw the poll and i wanted to read the thread to understand what exactly happened.

I have in mind that Ellie was displeased with my lynch, iirc asking why am I close to hammer (i will check her Iso for the quote because memory is tricky) but she is strongly advocating me to be in the Poe.
The same, Grogu except the fact he is funny and with cute avatar, has a frozen read on me that he cannot explain.
If, like you said, Nutella is town, SPF is town and Esooa is town, in other words if i am so idiot that i al 100% wrong, then the first people with unexplained and odd stanced are Ellie and Grogu.
Though, i thought Ellie is villager because of the fast growing wagon on her, but the wagon contains too many town reads so the logic it's not aplicabile.
Town LC was in hammer range, 2 counter wagons emerged, on Ellie and Made.
Which one of them had an early day 1 wagon who dissipated?
I have to check.

After breakfast, sorry i have to live too
Brb
This post is more in line with what I expect to see from town Michelle, wrt fluidity of reads and changing her view when those views are questioned. She's moving past the "nutella/Esooa/SPF are lockscum" line and is fleshing out thoughts about other players (eg. noting Ellie not wanting her to die but hard POEing her).

This + the long post about meta which rang as genuine - Esooa's argument about her being anxious that we solve the game after her greenflip being a towntell work to make me feel better about Michelle.
Alison wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:57 am Before I head back, stray thought that passed thorugh my mind.

No matter how deep a wolf is, their position isn't safe forever. I've been the "solo deepwolf" in enough games to know that when the LHF gets cleared and everyone else remaining is townie, people will realize a deepwolf exists (I sometimes call this "proving the deepwolf"). At that point you need something else going for you than just "good tone" or "townie vibes", since otherwise you'll get POE'd out by people who are green checked or who have multiple pelts to their name.

This suggests that the current towncore poses a threat to the status of the deepwolf. Unless they're buried really really deep in it (like nutella or Esooa or tutuu deep, which I don't think is the case), they need to crack it open at some point. Which means that the deepwolf is actually probably someone who's been targeting the more trusted members to slowly erode their position.

This thought came to me because I was thinking about possible SPF scum worlds and what her path to victory is, and I was feeling like SPF has no chance to win if her teammates are Ellie/Made and her strategy is to just throw me + JJJ under the bus, because at some points the easy exes run out and if the really trusted towncore are still as entrenched as they are right now by then, she'll just be eliminated by default. Nightkills are a thing, of course, but the mafia only have one a night and new people will enter the deep towncore as the gamestate goes on and flips start to clear people.

This is the rest of the Day 2 stuff. Esooa requesting a reads list and then for Alison to [maybe] expand on her Nanook read is a nice little moment that could dissociate them. The rest of it is pretty light.

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:52 pm I'm not going to bother trying to mess with color tags but my rainbow reads look something like this now:

[SPF, Made, Michelle] - town confirmed
[Esooa, Dkkoba] - old towncore
[tutuu, nutella, nook, JJJ] - middling town
DOOM
Grogu

The main shift of note is that I've pushed tutuu and nutella down a peg, because I think there's probably a deepwolf in the old [Esooa/Dkkoba/tutuu/nutella] core, and those two fit the bill best (have been pushing specific narratives to try to corral the game, and I know for a fact they're wrong about me)
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:53 pm @Made see reads list above. Tiers are ordered, so Esooa is townier than Dkkoba, nook is townier than JJJ, etc.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:57 pm
Made wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:54 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:52 pm I'm not going to bother trying to mess with color tags but my rainbow reads look something like this now:

[SPF, Made, Michelle] - town confirmed
[Esooa, Dkkoba] - old towncore
[tutuu, nutella, nook, JJJ] - middling town
DOOM
Grogu

The main shift of note is that I've pushed tutuu and nutella down a peg, because I think there's probably a deepwolf in the old [Esooa/Dkkoba/tutuu/nutella] core, and those two fit the bill best (have been pushing specific narratives to try to corral the game, and I know for a fact they're wrong about me)
so you think nutella is playing scum even though she's far out of her scum range?
There's two worlds: "easy" world and "hard" world. Easy world is if the team is something like DOOM/Grogu, and then nook or JJJ. I'm not sure that team fits with the gamestate we had D2 unless town self destructed really hard - none of them have really been pushing their views/reads.

"Hard" world means that one of [tutuu/nutella/Esooa/Dkkoba] is scum. I've never played with scum Esooa or Dkkoba, but I feel like tutuu/nutella have been out of their scum range this game. Problem is that those two are the ones who've been positioning themselves to push agendas like deepwolves, while Esooa/Dkkoba have just seen the claims and then done nothing all day (Esooa just townread nanook and peaced out, Dkkoba has been afk).

Evidence points to the world being hard. If the world is hard, either deepwolf or deepwolves are acting in ways that make no sense, or deepwolf or deepwolves are out of their scum range and have been falsely cleared. I have to take the possibility into account.

Here's the Day 3 stuff. Esooa doesn't appear to be an immediate reassessment priority for Alison. Take that as you will. It may be meaningful that DK and Esooa are the ones that held up as "old town core" and nutella dropped.

This is only half the analysis. Too many damned posts. I think I might be approaching the maximum post length though, so I'm just gonna post this part now and finish Esooa's half separately.
Wow this is impressive. I like the Mac analysis
I think Mac was unto something... could be why he died,
Essoa goes first if scum Ali prob scum yeah? Isk
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

DkKoba wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:12 pm why have both doom and grogu pretended like spf isnt clear here
No, I asked cuz I forgot exactly what she claimed. I didn’t like her post either way clear or not is wrong
Image Image Image
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

no ur specifically shading her as if shes not town
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

grogu didn't give a fuck to read a single person yesterday when only people being pushed were town. He's all "I agree I don't really care." Now Alison is pressured and he completely changes and town reads her for no reason and looks everywhere else to go. Like he's just scum with Alison
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:20 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:16 pm perhaps you can help me out - do you feel that there is a distinct difference between jagged!town work and jagged!scum work?

I would suggest that you review my work while asking yourself "do I think Jay's perspective here is a fair one, that it makes sense, and that his conclusions reflect what I would expect from a town player?"

You can also ask "do I agree with Jay?", but that's a much higher bar and I won't always reach it town or not. If you do agree though, I think that ought to be a fair sign.

For example, if I was mafia doing today's work instead of town doing today's work, I think I would have found any way I could to make Omega and Alison fit together. Breaking them apart has splintered my own POE, and in the broader game theory it makes me more vulnerable. But I seek truth, SPF. I seek truth.
thanks. i feel that the primary reason i'm so concerned about you today is that i have a significant lack of reasons to townread you compared to the rest of the people in the game. i like your energy, and i like your analysis, but there are few moments that i feel i can point to and say: "this is something that jagged almost certainly would not do as scum". perhaps giving your analysis more scrutiny and asking myself those questions will help me get to that place
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

I mean listen, claims are claims. I won't be killing SPF now, and here's the thing, nobody really knows what alignment SPF is outside of them and any mafia.

Koba locking SPF in and not even reading the posts from SPF is actually damning for them because it shows a bias toward believing the claim.
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

[unvote][/unvote]

i dont like this game
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:26 pm I mean listen, claims are claims. I won't be killing SPF now, and here's the thing, nobody really knows what alignment SPF is outside of them and any mafia.

Koba locking SPF in and not even reading the posts from SPF is actually damning for them because it shows a bias toward believing the claim.
are u gonna cc?
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

DOOM. hardclaim ur role now.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i almost townread DOOM for how scummy she's being
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

spf she's literally softing theyre going to cc u and testing if they should lmfao
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 345

Post by Alison »

I'm posting in between classes and can't keep up with the speed of the thread. I'm gonna finish everything up and hopefully find time to play. Can the people who have me at the bottom of their scumlists please explain why (unless you already have) because I don't enjoy it when all the townie shit I do gets dismissed as "Alison could have faked this as scum, oh well, everyone else is townie, guess she's the exe by default".

If you're going to exe me off that you better commit to sheeping my solve after I flip.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

DkKoba wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:28 pm spf she's literally softing theyre going to cc u and testing if they should lmfao
i know. if DOOM wants to lock herself into a CC with me even after i just outed a townlean on her, then she's very much welcome to

but i don't think that's the angle DOOM would likely be taking as scum - it's more likely that she's just town with an overly paranoid thought process

i'm prepared to eat crow if she actually CCs me
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

i mean now she wont bc i called her on it
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 510

Post by tutuu »

click click click

"dammit" - a tiny squeeky voice gasped

click click click

"friiiick!!!" - a teeny weeny baby yoda voice echoed

"i cant log on to marmot's account... i tried everything... wait .... unless...." - a light bulb lit up above grogu's head

m a r m o t h a s t h e b i g p e e p e e - grogu typed. "enter", he pressed.

"Login successful! You are now being redirected" - lit up on his screen, just as grogu's tiny cute eyes lit up to match.

"yesssss, all according to plan, ehehehe >:D" - the tiny mastermind rubbed his tiny paws.

navigating through Marmot's inbox and his 69 scum rand role PMs, grogu finally located the "outbox" folder.

his eyes widened at this discovery. "oooooh... so this is the mafia team for the bread game..."

excited at the prospect of catching them all and showing he's the best town player of all time, grogu's tiny eyes noticed something weird. an irregularity. was it a figment of his tiny cute imagination? a mysterious PM sent by a mysterious person named "juliets"

grogu hovered over the message. a shiver went down his tiny spine and tiny sweat drops started falling down his tiny neck. he could feel like he is doing something wrong. very wrong. if he clicked this, there was no turning back. but.... he couldnt stop here. not after everything that happened. not after what happened with NANOOK.... grogu had to move forward...

he clicked on the message. And in that brief moment, Grogu regret every moment he had lived in his life.
grogu remembered. he remembered everything. he remembered why was he locked in that cell, what happened to humanity, what happened to his friends. grogu knew. grogu knew that he was locked in his room, he remembered the apocalypse and the following purge and extinction. and that he was the last living person left in the universe.

nobody else was alive. it was just him. grogu

suddenly, grogu heard a knock on his door.

the end
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Koba is saying that I'm planning and setting up this massive CC that would be a shock to this game, but stopped because they pointed it out right before I did it.

I like the fantasy world
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:18 pm btw watched Madolorian season 2 during this game, found out what grogu is
Did you love it?
Image Image Image
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:38 pm Koba is saying that I'm planning and setting up this massive CC that would be a shock to this game, but stopped because they pointed it out right before I did it.

I like the fantasy world
hardclaim ur role
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

DkKoba wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:23 pm no ur specifically shading her as if shes not town
Lies. The proof is in the pudding.
I said: why are you clear again? Which implies she is clear. Again you must try to defeat your master, my young padawan.
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:24 pm grogu didn't give a fuck to read a single person yesterday when only people being pushed were town. He's all "I agree I don't really care." Now Alison is pressured and he completely changes and town reads her for no reason and looks everywhere else to go. Like he's just scum with Alison
Lmao... I was pushing michelle
Image Image Image
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

DkKoba wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:41 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:38 pm Koba is saying that I'm planning and setting up this massive CC that would be a shock to this game, but stopped because they pointed it out right before I did it.

I like the fantasy world
hardclaim ur role
Mafia vig
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

DkKoba wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:28 pm spf she's literally softing theyre going to cc u and testing if they should lmfao
This is not true. She has not done that, she made a lot of sense actually.
Image Image Image
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:46 pm

I like the fantasy world
hardclaim ur role
Mafia vig
cool

[VOTE: doom] aubergine
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

I like the fantasy world
hardclaim ur role
Mafia vig
:charlieblackmon: :omg:
Image Image Image
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

Grogu wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:47 pm
then why do they keep shading spf and are saying im scummy for assuming she's clear?
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 pm click click click

"dammit" - a tiny squeeky voice gasped

click click click

"friiiick!!!" - a teeny weeny baby yoda voice echoed

"i cant log on to marmot's account... i tried everything... wait .... unless...." - a light bulb lit up above grogu's head

m a r m o t h a s t h e b i g p e e p e e - grogu typed. "enter", he pressed.

"Login successful! You are now being redirected" - lit up on his screen, just as grogu's tiny cute eyes lit up to match.

"yesssss, all according to plan, ehehehe >:D" - the tiny mastermind rubbed his tiny paws.

navigating through Marmot's inbox and his 69 scum rand role PMs, grogu finally located the "outbox" folder.

his eyes widened at this discovery. "oooooh... so this is the mafia team for the bread game..."

excited at the prospect of catching them all and showing he's the best town player of all time, grogu's tiny eyes noticed something weird. an irregularity. was it a figment of his tiny cute imagination? a mysterious PM sent by a mysterious person named "juliets"

grogu hovered over the message. a shiver went down his tiny spine and tiny sweat drops started falling down his tiny neck. he could feel like he is doing something wrong. very wrong. if he clicked this, there was no turning back. but.... he couldnt stop here. not after everything that happened. not after what happened with NANOOK.... grogu had to move forward...

he clicked on the message. And in that brief moment, Grogu regret every moment he had lived in his life.
grogu remembered. he remembered everything. he remembered why was he locked in that cell, what happened to humanity, what happened to his friends. grogu knew. grogu knew that he was locked in his room, he remembered the apocalypse and the following purge and extinction. and that he was the last living person left in the universe.

nobody else was alive. it was just him. grogu

suddenly, grogu heard a knock on his door.

the end
Wtf lol
That was awesome but I’m so confused... also distirbing pic
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

DkKoba wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:48 pm
Grogu wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:47 pm
then why do they keep shading spf and are saying im scummy for assuming she's clear?
I never said or did such things.
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

Vote essoa.
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

[VOTE: Essoa] aubergine
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison/Esooa interaction continued

First half of review, click here

From Esooa about Alison

Much of Esooa's posts about Alison were already covered essentially in the previous post, so I will limit this to what I see as "new".

Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:55 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:51 am Michelle/spf/nutella/Ellie/doo/tutu/dk is my seven
michelle I disagree on but you say you know how to read her so eh

spf I don't think you should be able to have a confident enough town read on based on what she's posted

nutella idk, she's seemed fine not the most towny but a lot of people think she's been really towny for some reason

ellies posts so far have been >rand scum imo

tutuu you shouldn't be able to have a confident enough town read on either. I have her at about null rn

dk is probably town

why is Alison not here? Why am I not here? Would be good if the reasons are more than "I've not seen anything towny"

Esooa had a number of comments pertaining to Nanook's Day 0 town squad, among them "why not Alison?"

This would imply Esooa feels Alison belongs, or at least that the argument could be made. It's not a bad question to ask, but it represents an Alison mention so there you go.

Esooa wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:38 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:37 pm I feel like Omega is threadspewed mafia
imo they're the most likely scum. I think it' s possible Alison is scum and I think if she is it's VERY likely with Spf. I think LC is town because he put effort into giving reads that sounded real when he was the consensus lynch, rather than anti-spew, and because his vt claim isn't what I'd expect in his position as mafia, among other things
Esooa wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:52 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:20 am Also there was that series of posts by Grogu that was sufficiently off the wall that it probably crossed the line from lolcatting into "this player is sufficiently disconnected from the game that it's sorta townie"
I love the term "sufficiently off the wall" in this post

anyways the reason why is because Alison defended SPF using poor reasons earlier when Tutuu scumread spf, and this was about the same time I got scum vibes from Alison

Esooa tied Alison and SPF together as possible teammates on Day 1. The theory itself is fine, and I might even say it appears authentic. Nonetheless it should be noted that if SPF is town as she appears to be, this connection is severed and it's possible for a mafia Esooa to anticipate that eventual benefit (Alison dies, SPF is wrongly chopped OR SPF dies, the case against Alison is dropped). I don't think that's what's happening here gun to my head though.

Esooa wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:34 am
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:28 am [VOTE: Alison] aubergine
explain

Generic prompt meh

Esooa wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:35 am
Esooa wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:34 am I think the chance this game has mafia and neither of them are LC or Ellie is lower than the chance this game has all town
Yeah sorry but that’s nonsense
Alison-possibly scum
DaughterOfOmega-possibly scum
DkKoba-town
EllieDelight-possibly scum
Esooa-town
Grogu-possibly scum
JaggedJimmyJay-town
Long Con-possibly scum
MacDougall-town
Made-possibly scum
Michelle-town
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME-town
nutella-town
staypositivefriend-possibly scum
tutuu-town

that leaves us with 7 people who can be possibly scum, including ellie and LC. If we take them out we have

DOOM, Grogu, Made, SPF, Allison

I think a team of these 5 is highly unlikely

what is wrong with this?

Esooa included Alison among five possible non-LC/non-Ellie players to illustrate that if neither LC nor Ellie is a mafioso, then three must exist among those five -- something she deemed unlikely. The LC/Ellie take hasn't aged well. From a purely Alison perspective though, the mention is rather tangential -- she is some kind of possible suspect, but not one of The Big Two. Compatible enough.

Esooa wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:02 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:01 pm
Esooa wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:00 pm Mac u can know I'm town here cause I'm not trying to gaslight people into not believing meta you have on me which you can't prove
Interesting postulation.

What's your Alison read?
I'm still not sure on her but I like that she town reads me and is moving to Ellie lmao

Mac directly asked for a read, and Esooa's response was noncommittal. Meh

Esooa wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:39 pm
lock town
@Esooa Alison lock townread Ellie for this. Alison isn't someone who makes statements like this lightly and backs down from them. You have experienced that very Alison. That I now see her voting for Ellie concerns me greatly. Either Alison is bussing her the lock town read was fake. Alison is always mafia here.
Maybe, I suppose I didn't see her walking it back as such a problem because I didn't think the read was good in the first place. And "I have experience with that very Alison" I'm not so sure on. I have one game of experience, which you've said was an outlier. I can see why her now voting Ellie is concerning, but it's not something I've put my mind too much when I'm having to struggle so much to get mafia lynched to begin with. If scum!Alison wants to kill scum!Ellie instead of town!Esooa, I welcome her support
Esooa wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:48 pm Alison's progression on Ellie went from lock town to slightly softened, to voting, with no in-between. No effort to engage her. No effort to make a case. Its almost townie cuz of how sloppy it would be for her. But we don't outthink ourselves with Alison.
I don't think the effort to engage her applies, as Ellie hasn't even been in thread at all during this progression. I'd need to look at Alisons progression to see if it's really very bad but idk. I think her original reason for lock towning her was bad so I see why she rescinded it. And I think Ellie is mafia and I have good reasons for saying so, so I can see why she wants to vote there. That's just my perspective rn. I don't really think to myself her change in the lock town thing is as big as you make it out to be. And honestly with the way you've handled LC/Ellie/Myself, I'm not interested in sheeping you at all rn. In part because your reasoning as I've seen it has been off on LC/Ellie, completely incorrect on myself, and potentially agenda-driven

This is perhaps a convoluted or "overexplained" response to Mac about Alison given that it doesn't clarify a stance and still relates the dialogue to the surety of "scum!Ellie". Not my favorite moment here.

Esooa wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:59 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:54 pm Yeah ok the team is just esooa/alison/lc gg
are you about to say something like my one insufficient game to establish a baseline from with Alison is just outing me cause I don't have the same perspective as people who have played with her more

This is pretty loaded question in response to nutella sticking her in a team with Alison.

Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:27 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:25 am I don't think scum Esooa acts this way about Ellie knowing that Ellie is going to flip town. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and Occam's Razor is that Ellie is scum, Esooa is cleared, and Mac gets to be a little embarassed in DVC.
I'm not accepting people's read on me to be based on Ellie's flip btw because I'm not accepting that people reads on me necessarily hinges on me litearlly 100% of the time killing a mafia with nothing but my day 1 read, that's actually an insane way to read people and I have no clue why people are acting as if this is a reasonable standard to read me by

every fucking time people do this I have to stress about having 100% correct reads for no reason when I'm already obv!town

I kind of like Esooa venting this frustration about the standard she is held to in response to Alison specifically, particularly in relation to an Ellie read that both would know is incorrect if they're mafia.

Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:28 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:27 am tone it down like three notches. this isn't helping us solve the game, esp when I think both of you are almost certainly just town.
people like Mac tunneling me out of fear isn't helping solve either so I'm not accepting it

C O A C H I N G

Not really. I don't think Alison looks like she is talking to her mafia teammate here. It's a small moment and yet it makes me feel more than most before it.

Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:34 am I lied about not posting

@Michelle what is your Alison read
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:44 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:41 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:34 am does anyone remember Ellie's Allison read day 1?

also doom is town and spf is scum ~30% of the time
i dont remember any of ellies reads lmao paranoid

to the second part: yes. (i dont fux w numbers and percents but i like the concept of your sentiment there)
okay

well I'm wondering cause Made+Michelle outing the reads they are basically guarantees mafias current game plan is to try and make people paranoid of the obv town players who people can potentially be paranoid of

this is why their previous reads on Alison are important

I mention spf being scum because she has notably evaded being tin foiled for blatantly bad reasons by scummy players
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:25 am
EllieDelight wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:21 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:17 am
EllieDelight wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:16 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:14 am we should always go Ellie over made imo btw
you're going to kill another town and mafia are going to use that to get you killed like what's happening RIGHT NOW. i wish i was scum so you wouldn't look so evil but im not
can you give a general reads list
made is 1000% scum, i have done nothing in this game for him to bend over backwards. i couldnt tell you anyone else, michelle looked scum to me d1 but idk what to say now. probably scum if shes helping made though.

nook, spf, nutter are lock town.

idk where to put you since i thought you were scum so bad yesterday but now im confused.

grogu is a passing thought and i dont care either way since he's inactive.
why is Nanook town
why is spf town
what is your read on Alison

Prompting Michelle for an Alison read while she is peak outraged is okay I guess. The same goes for prompting Ellie when she is a plausible chop and the read can be used for judging Alison when Ellie flips mafia (she didn't).

Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:41 pm my reads rn

town

Alison, DaughterOfOmega, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella

the rest

DkKoba
EllieDelight
Grogu
Made
Michelle
staypositivefriend
tutuu

Town read for Alison on Day 2. I get the impression much of Esooa's progression here was internal, so it's hard to follow with precision.

Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:04 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:04 pm If Michelle is town (a) fuck me I just suck then and (b) Ellie is still probably mafia and (c) maybe spf
yup, possibly Alison too

Willing to entertain Alison as mafia if Michelle is town. Okay

Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:02 pm
Made wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:00 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:51 pm @Made what is scum team if I'm town
if not esooa it would be like

nutella spf ellie

or

michelle baby_yoda alison/tutuu

i don't think nutella and michelle are teamed
i don't think ellie and michelle are teamed
I don't think spf and michelle are teamed
has Alison been scummy at all? How much partner equity do you think she has with Ellie and why

Not sure this question meshes with the previous thing

Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:12 pm ok, I murdered my reads and created them anew and I am at

Town

DaughterOfOmega
JaggedJimmyJay
Made
nutella
DkKoba
Michelle

Meh
tutuu

PoE
Grogu
staypositivefriend
Alison

Scum
EllieDelight

gg PoE

When Esooa changed course on Made and Michelle, she dropped Alison into the POE pool. That's not bad, since I think she could have justified tutuu, Nanook, or myself instead if she wanted to.

Esooa wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:09 am :haha:
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:06 am hot take: alison can still be mafia, especially if we live in some kind messed up world where michelle is town
distancing begins
Esooa wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:17 am Ellie is always mafia and spf is mafia an extremely large amount of the time for the way she's acting hedgey. I'm surprised no ones pointed it out but whatever. Spf is following suite in reads, behind myself and nutella. She's agreeable to a decently large portion of them. But rn the awkwardness to which she shows the idea that there's only one mafia in Ellie/Michelle/made is just, really bad. If people believe there's two, that's two mislynches after we flip Ellie red. She's positioning herself to flip on it if I push that there's only one hard enough while also trying to say there's two in there

along with other things

Alison is the third mafia for the awkward distancing going on between herself and spf

Meh. SPF town, so link severed

Esooa wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:48 pm TOWN
doom
jjj
made
michelle
nutella

probably TOWN
koba
grogu
tutuu

null
nanook

scum
alison
ellie
spf

reads aren't ordered

Concrete scum read later in Day 2. Cool beans

Esooa wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:58 pm If Alison is mafia I'm gonna need help with that one.
biggest reason is I think doom and made are always town unlike in your poe and the difference determines a lot of how the thread state is to be interpreted I think

Good take, at least for Made, relating to the point I made a moment ago. Alison didn't have to be the one Esooa chose to implicate here if she (Esooa) is mafia.

Esooa wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:06 am Town
Made
Michelle
nutella
DkKoba

Likely town
JaggedJimmyJay

PoE, ordered

tutuu
DaughterOfOmega
Grogu
Alison
staypositivefriend

Still anti-Alison on Day 3.

Conclusion

I had a little bit to say both ways here, but I think the prevailing theme is one of separation. Most of my stances trend in that direction (see the prior Alison post too), and the ones that made me feel the strongest trended in that direction.

I don't figure they are mafia teammates.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

DkKoba wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:47 pm

I like the fantasy world
hardclaim ur role
Mafia vig
cool

Koba not realizing that the vig in this game is town

PEPELAUGH
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:01 pm

I like the fantasy world
hardclaim ur role
Mafia vig
cool

PEPELAUGH
What is the setup?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Immediately emerging note from my Alison analyses:

For my current POE (Alison, Grogu, Omega, DK, Esooa) to be correct, then my analysis suggests the team would have to be exactly [Alison, Grogu, DK]. Alison fits poorly with Esooa and Omega. If it isn't exactly that, then I already have something wrong. So please y'all, take a look at my shit and tell me how you feel. My reads haven't been great this game, so I cannot claim to have piles of confidence.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:03 pm Immediately emerging note from my Alison analyses:

For my current POE (Alison, Grogu, Omega, DK, Esooa) to be correct, then my analysis suggests the team would have to be exactly [Alison, Grogu, DK]. Alison fits poorly with Esooa and Omega. If it isn't exactly that, then I already have something wrong. So please y'all, take a look at my shit and tell me how you feel. My reads haven't been great this game, so I cannot claim to have piles of confidence.
I'll learn more about this when I look at DK/Grogu.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Grogu wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:03 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:01 pm

I like the fantasy world
hardclaim ur role
Mafia vig
cool

PEPELAUGH
What is the setup?
lol well if you trust the current claims we are in the D column
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

does anyone actually believe doom pretending to not be sure about claims while refusing to hardclaim
DkKoba
Drug Dealer

Post by DkKoba »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:03 pm Immediately emerging note from my Alison analyses:

ur just saying words but ok
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

So D has cop 1 shot
Jailkeep
Vanilla townie
Wolf 1 shot vig

We are missing a vig. Is Nutella the vig or the target n1?
What are the odds jailkeeper saved or stopped a kill both nights? That’s legendary stuff if so
Image Image Image
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

DkKoba wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:07 pm does anyone actually believe doom pretending to not be sure about claims while refusing to hardclaim
I can't wait to claim my role, I've been planning to CC SPF for so long Koba says

I wonder why I didn't cc SPF hours ago but Koba knows I guess
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Grogu wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:08 pm So D has cop 1 shot
Jailkeep
Vanilla townie
Wolf 1 shot vig

We are missing a vig. Is Nutella the vig or the target n1?
What are the odds jailkeeper saved or stopped a kill both nights? That’s legendary stuff if so
I've been in mafia teams that have had this D matrix setup before. Not exactly the same but similar.

We saved the mafia vig for the claimed PR always

Return to “Previous Heists”