U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 166

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 0

Post by wolbre04 »

A Young Man boob's thoughts on Dunya/Mom:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:39 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:38 pm when I flip civ, i'm reminding you of this. and yesterday's discussion and all your notes are going straight in the trash.
You don't even know why I have this read or whether my "notes" are even relevant to it. You're also treating me like I am a confirmed civilian right now.
The means which got these two to this point were created by Dunya as she wanted to get a reaction out of JJJ. Okay I guess.
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:02 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:05 am dunya , I see your post here, but I can no longer defend you in mafia games. :pout:
good thing dunya isn't playing then, huh? You can and will defend me, Lizzy, for it is every civilian's duty to do so.
Lunalee wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:05 am And dunya, are you serious about lynching Lilefer for making a joke? Seems a bit jumpy, and harsh for a new player. Let's give him a day, mkay?
I don't joke about Day 0 suspects. It wasn't a joke, either. He chose to say that about wolbre, which assures me wolbre isn't w/w with him or in fact he is, and therefore I have something on lilefer and wolbre I don't have on anyone else. so I'm already keeping tallies. a cat knows who fucked her over. :shifty:
If my teammate did this I'd be pissed off. I just played a scum game and people have that on their mind. None of my teammates called me out particularly early on, let alone D0. If this happened, I would be VERY upset I was getting setup for a lynch down the road. This seems like funky logic as it's standing on both sides of the fence like "You either have two eyes or don't". Well of course one of those is true. I realize Lile chose to say that, but I don't think I should necessarily be read based on what he does and I don't interact with :P
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:06 am
wolbre04 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 am Okay guys, so this is really important. I hope you guys like singing seventy and eighty seas material because I need you guys to sing and record it and post it in the thread. Please do this at some point, don't let poor old wall Brad oh for down colon carrot open parentheses
wolbre is a 3p whose win condition is get a certain number of people singing so he can blow us up. :stare:
I'm the boob bomb
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:46 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:27 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:17 pm I think we should lynch dunya because I came into this game trying to get town read for my ego and she's already shitting in my corn flakes.
why are you trying to get town read?
Why shouldn't he?

It's not just you, quin. She's trying to shit on anyone being town read. She doesn't want a town core to develop.
But if thats what she is doing why did she give some town reads, including JJJ who some are reading as scum?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 736

Post by dunya »

wolbre04 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pm The means which got these two to this point were created by Dunya as she wanted to get a reaction out of JJJ. Okay I guess.
no. I was provoking him, sure. I had no expectations of him. Honestly, I thought he was going to continue roleplaying the whole game as he has expressed desire to kinda half-ass this game in signups (as have a few others). I was intentionally provoking him cos I love teasing Jay. :p
wolbre04 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pmThis seems like funky logic as it's standing on both sides of the fence like "You either have two eyes or don't". Well of course one of those is true.
yes. that wasn't the point of my post though. the point was, in reply to Lunalee who thought I was mucking around, is that I wasn't. I had a lead and various angles to explore which is more than I can say about a lot of other players here who I don't have that headstart on yet.
wolbre04 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pm I realize Lile chose to say that, but I don't think I should necessarily be read based on what he does and I don't interact with :P
man, I know those feels real well.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 282

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:17 pm I think we should lynch dunya because I came into this game trying to get town read for my ego and she's already shitting in my corn flakes.
Why shouldn't he?

It's not just you, quin. She's trying to shit on anyone being town read. She doesn't want a town core to develop.
But if thats what she is doing why did she give some town reads, including JJJ who some are reading as scum?
No problem to a mafia letting a town core develop if it's your handpicked one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:50 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:47 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:20 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 pm I feel good about Kyle's contributions. I was worried he'd be burned out, but I feel like I have the real Kyle here with us atm.
Not Burnout. :\ Mario Party 6.
I know you're up to something whimsical, this is me biting early.
Turnip Head... do you want to play a game?
can I play, too? :o
you can but you'll have to wait your turn, i didn't bring enough controllers
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

juliets wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:27 pm You people are insane. But I’m more insane for thinking that JJJ vs. dunya is mafia on mafia.
What do you see that tells you this?
Tinfoil.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:59 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pm The means which got these two to this point were created by Dunya as she wanted to get a reaction out of JJJ. Okay I guess.
no. I was provoking him, sure. I had no expectations of him. Honestly, I thought he was going to continue roleplaying the whole game as he has expressed desire to kinda half-ass this game in signups (as have a few others). I was intentionally provoking him cos I love teasing Jay. :p
wolbre04 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pmThis seems like funky logic as it's standing on both sides of the fence like "You either have two eyes or don't". Well of course one of those is true.
yes. that wasn't the point of my post though. the point was, in reply to Lunalee who thought I was mucking around, is that I wasn't. I had a lead and various angles to explore which is more than I can say about a lot of other players here who I don't have that headstart on yet.
wolbre04 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:51 pm I realize Lile chose to say that, but I don't think I should necessarily be read based on what he does and I don't interact with :P
man, I know those feels real well.
1. Fair enough :huh:
2. Okay :omg:
3. So, I guess my question is, do you still think that I'm bound to Lilifer then because of that one post? This isn't to say that suddenly I love his post and have swapped you two, bc its irritating to have to deal with 'out of thin air' nonsense d0 especially
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:47 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:20 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 pm I feel good about Kyle's contributions. I was worried he'd be burned out, but I feel like I have the real Kyle here with us atm.
Not Burnout. :\ Mario Party 6.
I know you're up to something whimsical, this is me biting early.
Turnip Head... do you want to play a game?
Only if it involves liike a bun c.f. of minigames and stealing stars from your friends
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

I feel determined this game :shifty:
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Goxda mgbnit kyle
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

People can make all the reads they want.

What I see from dunya is an unwillingness to let other strong personalities drive the town narrative.

In particular, the 'you pick your role, not your affiliation' line that she's trotting out multiple times is terrible. I've pointed out to her how you can use your choice of role to influence your likely affiliation, and she wrote it off with a dismissal. For a town player who asks a lot of questions, that ought to have been a feast for thought and an avenue for genuine consideration and prodding.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Elohcin »

I am not reading 12 pages of Day 0. WTF people.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

wolbre04 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:05 pm . So, I guess my question is, do you still think that I'm bound to Lilifer then because of that one post? This isn't to say that suddenly I love his post and have swapped you two, bc its irritating to have to deal with 'out of thin air' nonsense d0 especially
idk. why are you so concerned about it though? i'll revisit it when i feel it's necessary and appropriate to do so, but i don't scum read you solely off it, if that's your question.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 pm I am not reading 12 pages of Day 0. WTF people.
Me either. Town read on Elo.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 80

Post by motel room »

So many pages of this shit to catch up on, gonna need to slam a cold tin of myself
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:10 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:05 pm . So, I guess my question is, do you still think that I'm bound to Lilifer then because of that one post? This isn't to say that suddenly I love his post and have swapped you two, bc its irritating to have to deal with 'out of thin air' nonsense d0 especially
idk. why are you so concerned about it though? i'll revisit it when i feel it's necessary and appropriate to do so, but i don't scum read you solely off it, if that's your question.
Because you literally said "Shoot wolbre" when someone asked. Of course I'm sure it was a joke but this literally got me shot on a game I played previously as town

I just don't like leaving loose ends hanging around anymore, because unresolved problems are hard for me to deal with when they get unearthed again later in the game. Just look at Greece and what happened. I was disaster at the end
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pm People can make all the reads they want.

What I see from dunya is an unwillingness to let other strong personalities drive the town narrative.

In particular, the 'you pick your role, not your affiliation' line that she's trotting out multiple times is terrible. I've pointed out to her how you can use your choice of role to influence your likely affiliation, and she wrote it off with a dismissal. For a town player who asks a lot of questions, that ought to have been a feast for thought and an avenue for genuine consideration and prodding.
i wrote it off because mac uses a randomizer. why are you trying to distract us into theorizing about whether mac handpicked scum teams? eh no thx. that's lame. mother teresa could be on the scum team for all i care and i'm not budging from that. if you're so concerned about it, why don't you push that conversation into the thread? why are you acting like i'm silencing you? it's ridiculous.

i don't buy your arguments. i don't buy your logic. i don't buy your fake outrage. you're a bad bullshitter. but pls consider that a compliment cos you were an amazing townie last game.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:46 pm Jack

Would you prefer to daykill mafia or town?
What kind of question is that?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

wolbre04 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:13 pm Because you literally said "Shoot wolbre" when someone asked.
no, I didn't. go read the post again. ;)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 177

Post by MacDougall »

45 minutes until the day begins
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:06 pmOnly if it involves liike a bun c.f. of minigames and stealing stars from your friends
Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pmGoxda mgbnit kyle
is that "god damnit kyle" or "good night kyle"
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:49 pm
Why shouldn't he?

fake news. how many town reads have you given? how many have i given?

try harder.
I town read everyone.

How am I doing so far? :grin:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:14 pm

i wrote it off because mac uses a randomizer. why are you trying to distract us into theorizing about whether mac handpicked scum teams? eh no thx. that's lame. mother teresa could be on the scum team for all i care and i'm not budging from that. if you're so concerned about it, why don't you push that conversation into the thread? why are you acting like i'm silencing you? it's ridiculous.

i don't buy your arguments. i don't buy your logic. i don't buy your fake outrage. you're a bad bullshitter. but pls consider that a compliment cos you were an amazing townie last game.
Lol @ me being a bad bullshitter.

You won’t know the first thing about me until you’ve played a lot more games with me than this.

I don’t care about foisting my own narrative on the thread. I’m not that interested in that.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:11 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:09 pm Who should I daykill you guys?

Wolbre and....
I want wolbre's friend out first. Golden and Quin too. of course nutella if you can. I'm on the fence about cbob for now.

you're welcome.
I guess this is technically not you saying anything but the idea is out there and I think glossing over the underlined portion and not saying anything is def not helping me :P
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Tbh lets just start D1 like its d0 again :P
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I’m also not outraged. I just have my day one vote sorted.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:20 pm Lol @ me being a bad bullshitter.
did I touch a nerve? XD
Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:20 pm You won’t know the first thing about me until you’ve played a lot more games with me than this.
ohhhh, looks like I did. XD
Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:20 pm I don’t care about foisting my own narrative on the thread. I’m not that interested in that.
ok, since you don't care about anything except me, why don't you go do some scum hunting? there's 2 scum teams, even if i were 1 lousy scum you nailed on day 0, there's many more sharks to catch, Golden. spread your talents, I don't wanna eat up all your energy. :p
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:16 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pmGoxda mgbnit kyle
is that "god damnit kyle" or "good night kyle"
I'm sure it was something like that but i just made new words instead
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Gotta say I agree with dunya here, although I don't recall what the original disagreement here looked like. Not saying it's never happened, but handpicking who the scum are based on the deliberately weird role they submitted would be a supremely strange mod decision and out of line with at least every game I've played.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Elohcin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 pm I am not reading 12 pages of Day 0. WTF people.
this is so familiar.... when did you say this before. what game was it
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

I wish I picked fuckin Diana Ross this game tbh. Playing a boob is a hard existence
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:28 pm
this is so familiar.... when did you say this before. what game was it
she said something similar in MK.
Elohcin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:59 pm What?! You are on page 4?! Umm......This is why I don't play big games, Epi. I will see you all when we are down to about 12 players and one of you can catch me up.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I will be locking the thread in 12 minutes.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by insertnamehere »

Dunya being annoyed by Golden is reminding me of my treatment of Golden waaaay back in Red vs. Blue, which might've been the last game I played with him. Lots of "stop trying to get the thread to strictly buy into certain viewpoints," followed by "that's not what I'm doing, you obviously don't know my meta." After a bunch of non-stop thread sniping and bickering, it turns out we were potential civvie BTSC partners. (Weeeell, that wasn't the whole story. He was actually an undercover LMS indie. That game really fucked me over.)

Nevertheless, I'm currently reading both Dunya and Golden as town.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:27 pm

Gotta say I agree with dunya here, although I don't recall what the original disagreement here looked like. Not saying it's never happened, but handpicking who the scum are based on the deliberately weird role they submitted would be a supremely strange mod decision and out of line with at least every game I've played.
thank you.

someone chooses mother teresa or princess diana and they're guaranteed to be town.
someone picks freddy vs. jason or chuckie and they're guaranteed to be scum.
someone picks jack the ripper and they're guaranteed to be the sk.

come on now.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:34 pm Image

Dunya being annoyed by Golden is reminding me of my treatment of Golden waaaay back in Red vs. Blue, which might've been the last game I played with him. Lots of "stop trying to get the thread to strictly buy into certain viewpoints," followed by "that's not what I'm doing, you obviously don't know my meta." After a bunch of non-stop thread sniping and bickering, it turns out we were potential civvie BTSC partners. (Weeeell, that wasn't the whole story. He was actually an undercover LMS indie. That game really fucked me over.)

Bad move. Dunya is running scared, just about every post of hers is trying to dismiss my suspicion of her in one way or another. You and I just didn’t click over concepts and I annoyed the hell out of you. And to be fair I’d just come back from GoC with revolutionary new ideas :p
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I seriously doubt two people picked Steve Tyler’s boobs.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:34 pm Image

I'm not annoyed, I just think he's bad and omgussing hard to make it look like it's not omgussing but actual suspicion, yet it's all based on bullshit reasoning.

also hi! this is the first game we actually play together!

edit linki
Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 pm Dunya is running scared, just about every post of hers is trying to dismiss my suspicion of her in one way or another.
lol. what even... i'm not gonna reply; i'll let people judge for themselves. :p
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by insertnamehere »

this reminds me of the Golden-hosted GOC where I was sweet old Tina Wesson in a scum team. If I had to guess, I'd say that the roles and alignments were randomized the same way.

Although, I don't see how even a randomizer could make Tommy Wiseau into some sort of evil presence.

WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:35 pm

thank you.

someone chooses mother teresa or princess diana and they're guaranteed to be town.

come on now.
Boy was that a complete misrepresentation of anything I ever said from Colin followed by dunya letting that stand as my logic.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:39 pm I seriously doubt two people picked Steve Tyler’s boobs.
This, too, struck me as odd — we're supposed to believe that to justify the mechanic of looking for the other half, but that looks like a big fat lie right about now.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:41 pm this reminds me of the Golden-hosted GOC where I was sweet old Tina Wesson in a scum team. If I had to guess, I'd say that the roles and alignments were randomized the same way.

Although, I don't see how even a randomizer could make Tommy Wiseau into some sort of evil presence.

But I didn’t randomise :p and I’m fairly confident Mac didn’t either.

I think like a host. Mother Teresa, of course you stick that on a scum team. What I came up with? I’d like to see you try!
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

How is this
Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pm I've pointed out to her how you can use your choice of role to influence your likely affiliation
meaningfully different from what I said? "Complete misrepresentation," lol, gimme a break.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:41 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:35 pm

thank you.

come on now.
Boy was that a complete misrepresentation of anything I ever said from Colin followed by dunya letting that stand as my logic.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

wolbre04 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:31 pm I wish I picked fuckin Diana Ross this game tbh. Playing a boob is a hard existence
I know what you’re doing here and it’s clever but it’s not going to work.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh and as for dunya a use of ‘omgussing’

That’s how I scum hunt dunya. If you come at me you best be sure you’re on point, because if I think the slightest thing is off about it I will go after you to oblivion. You are scum and I’d bet either one of Steven Tyler’s boobs on it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Thread is locked for 15 minutes. People who can post, don't.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:42 pm How is this
Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pm I've pointed out to her how you can use your choice of role to influence your likely affiliation
meaningfully different from what I said? "Complete misrepresentation," lol, gimme a break.
Because dunya went after me for suggesting I’d picked a role that was more likely than not to be placed town, and you mar out like I was going after dunya on the idea that her rolecard is likely to be bad. Complete opposite.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

U-Pick Mafia (Polls)

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

In 2005, the Wests Tigers defeated North QLD 30-16 to with their first and to date only NRL championship. A young Mac sat proudly next to his father watching it on a modest television screen while wearing a Tigers jersey gifted to him earlier in his life. It was the best moment of his sordid childhood.

The correct answer to the night poll was Civilization. Everyone who selected Civilization has earned 1 Big Mac McValue Meal.

Dragon. D Luffy has entered the game. He has immunity from being lynched.

Golden used his powers to make a post after the thread was locked and ignored my linki post requesting that not occur. He is in trouble mister.

Day 1 has begun. You have 48 hours to vote for the player you want me to mod-kill.

Return to “Previous Jobs”