Tree Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

What say you?

I enjoyed this game.
16%
I thought the tree I received in my role PM was beautiful.
14%
I didn't get a role PM, but the trees were still wonderful.
No votes
Why are you such a tree-hugging marmot?
16%
Thanks for hosting.
19%
I like beer and want to play Beer Mafia.
16%
I also like wine and think you should do Wine Mafia.
3%
This poll really needs an option with Ricochet's name in it.
16%

Total votes: 37
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Diiny wrote: Floyd, say something game relevant please :D
Because this is surely game relevant.
Diiny wrote:If a tree wins a poll in the forest but nobody is around to hear it, does it get lynched?
Dinny
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Golden »

Do you mean Deeny?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:Diiny, that is not what I am telling you. I told you I am gauging reads with my actions; I did not tell you that I would be basing my conclusions off of any conversation. I'm curious; are you genuinely confused as to what I'm doing which is only a single instance of the foundation for my entire play style, or are you having me spell it out so explicitly so it will be less effective and the baddies I'm trying to discover will no longer have their guards down? Help me out.
Feels to me like you're playing off what you posted about paradigms as some way of catching scum out and gauging reactions when it's just a milquetoast, objective statement of game fact that's barely relevant. I appreciate what it is you're telling me you're doing but I don't believe your post about paradigms is a good example of it.

What you did do very well, though, is get the thread going like you said you wanted to. Nice juicy day 1 :mafia:
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:Well I'm positive this is one of the paradigms featuring a vanilla civilian in it.
Heh
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DrWilgy »

Peek on Diiny was red. EZ$$
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 187

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Diiny, that is not what I am telling you. I told you I am gauging reads with my actions; I did not tell you that I would be basing my conclusions off of any conversation. I'm curious; are you genuinely confused as to what I'm doing which is only a single instance of the foundation for my entire play style, or are you having me spell it out so explicitly so it will be less effective and the baddies I'm trying to discover will no longer have their guards down? Help me out.
Feels to me like you're playing off what you posted about paradigms as some way of catching scum out and gauging reactions when it's just a milquetoast, objective statement of game fact that's barely relevant. I appreciate what it is you're telling me you're doing but I don't believe your post about paradigms is a good example of it.

What you did do very well, though, is get the thread going like you said you wanted to. Nice juicy day 1 :mafia:
That is the beginning and end of what I am doing. I'm not sure what my first post even has to do with it, that was just banter.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
Diiny wrote: Floyd, say something game relevant please :D
Because this is surely game relevant.
Diiny wrote:If a tree wins a poll in the forest but nobody is around to hear it, does it get lynched?
Dinny
Did you read the post you're quoting? I said that I was pinged because of more than it being an OT post. Everyone makes OT posts, they mean almost nothing when they're wrapped cosy in a warm blanket of content.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Since when does Floyd make OT posts?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I'm really tired. Talk to you all soon. :offtobed:

Also, as I noted in Star Wars, I'm going to be pretty busy with wrapping up the semester until December 8th (my last exam).
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:

That is the beginning and end of what I am doing. I'm not sure what my first post even has to do with it, that was just banter.
I meant the paradigm post we've been talking about, the one about #4. Not your first post.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

hmmm... That was supposed to be orange...

let's try this again,
Since when does Floyd make OT posts?

also, voting Diiny.
Image Image Image
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

DrWilgy wrote:Peek on Diiny was red. EZ$$
What's your game, Wilgy?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:

I meant the paradigm post we've been talking about, the one about #4. Not your first post.
Um...that was my first post.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Super Smash Bros. and MTG, why?

Also, I have a lingering suspicion that MP is on your team Diiny.
Image Image Image
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

It's your 4th post, isn't it?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm sorry, were we talking about a specific post this whole time? I didn't get that.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na WILGY!!!! (is most definitely a doctor) and we should kill the confirmed scum.
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:It's your 4th post, isn't it?
I see what you're saying, my fourth post mentioned that too. Yes, I stand by that.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:I'm sorry, were we talking about a specific post this whole time? I didn't get that.
Yeah, this is what I mean when I say you saying you're gauging for reactions doesn't match up with bringing up the stuff you brought up in that post specifically. I'm not talking generally, because as I've said you've done well in turning up the temperature otherwise
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

DrWilgy wrote:Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na WILGY!!!! (is most definitely a doctor) and we should kill the confirmed scum.
Your confirmed scum is not scum, but I'm going to wait and see how you play this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Whoa so many posts so fast. So many online players. This shit is great.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Join the fun.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

How is me gauging reactions not applied generally, but instead applied to a single post...where clearly I have gauged some interesting reactions? :eye: In other words, you're misrepresenting the issue and even if you weren't, you would still be mistaken.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DFaraday »

The conversation really hit the ground running in this game. And here I thought tree Mafia would be more easygoing. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Diiny wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na WILGY!!!! (is most definitely a doctor) and we should kill the confirmed scum.
Your confirmed scum is not scum, but I'm going to wait and see how you play this.
There are 2 outcomes,
1. We listen to the Cop and lynch you, which would be great!

2. Tis be a matter of time till I flip and you get lynched afterwords.

Until one of these 2 choices come about, would you mind telling me who are your teamates?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also, you non-cops, shouldn't listen to MP. I'm assuming he's scum along with Diiny, so anyone who accidentally gives a "fake" green check on a mafia member gets cleared as not a cop, or someone they won't kill. Cop hunting 101. Regardless, I'm right here and I wonder if they will kill me N1.
Image Image Image
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 76

Post by motel room »

This is definitely not the same Wilgy from Talking Heads.
ImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:How is me gauging reactions not applied generally, but instead applied to a single post...where clearly I have gauged some interesting reactions? :eye: In other words, you're misrepresenting the issue and even if you weren't, you would still be mistaken.
Because I explicitly brought up that specific post in particular during the discussion. That's what I was concerned with. Me prodding you on it leading me to an answer I didn't feel made sense given the contents and nature of the post. THAT post. Specifically. You can't gauge reactions to your fourth posts because it doesn't demand them nor does it provoke them. As I've said. I really don't think I'm misrepresenting anything here, but you may be misunderstanding me.

You haven't gauged anything particularly interesting but that doesn't mean you haven't turned up the heat.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Diiny wrote:Join the fun.
You had to insist!
Epignosis wrote:I'm voting Floyd. He said he wouldn't be playing Mafia for a while- yet here he is. :suspish:
Did you forget to put the sarcastic font on this post?
Diiny wrote:Talk to me about day one vanilla civ role claims. My question is: why bother?

Floyd's undermining your efforts as we speak :D
This is the post of a scum player who was caught out by an RVS vote and didn't pause to breathe before making it.
a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:attempting to start conversation about currently barely-relevant game mechanics on day 1 seems like the opposite of a meaty day 1 to me and has a record of being pretty scummy behaviour.

but yeah, it could. :)
Who said I was attempting to start conversation at all, let alone about something as silly as that? I'm starting the action itself (indirectly of course, but you better believe I will take full credit), and given that I have triggered the first mention of "scummy behaviour" in the game, it seems to have worked. :slick:
Here is the Zebs calling out that horsecrap.
Diiny wrote:
Enrique wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:I gotta ask, MM, what inspired you to base this around trees?
:ponder:
Yeah, of all the off topic stuff this one pinged me the most. I don't know why. It might be because this is already seriously reminding me of floyd's previous game where he was scum combined with that being his only game. Might be because it's an interaction with someone who isn't playing; it's more timid.

Floyd, say something game relevant please :D
Errrrr you are so frickin' scum.

So you got RVS voted and lashed out like a scum. Then Epi and Enrique throw shade on Floyd for nothing, so you chime in to try to make him look worse with... this?

Your whole post about not knowing but then making a big point against him (that frankly is blurgh).

Dis goiiiiiiiiiii.
Enrique wrote:
:ponder:
It's fine Floyd. I was wondering that too. Don't worry about the bullies.
a2thezebra wrote:For the record, I am not remotely pinged by Floyd's post.
Loving you, is easy cuz you're beautifulllllllllllllllll.
Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:attempting to start conversation about currently barely-relevant game mechanics on day 1 seems like the opposite of a meaty day 1 to me and has a record of being pretty scummy behaviour.

but yeah, it could. :)
Who said I was attempting to start conversation at all, let alone about something as silly as that? I'm starting the action itself (indirectly of course, but you better believe I will take full credit), and given that I have triggered the first mention of "scummy behaviour" in the game, it seems to have worked. :slick:
I'm glad you agree it's silly and glad to know you weren't trying to get the thread talking about it. Why'd you post that, then?
To gauge reactions, and not just from you. I think baddies are most vulnerable at the start of the game, so I'd like to raise the chances of catching them in the awkward stage before they've adjusted to the temperature.

It's like they're slowly dipping their feet into a cold pool and my job is to run up from behind and shove them in.
And how does what you posted about the setup raise the temperature for baddies?
It creates more opportunities for them to accidentally reveal opportunistic/staged/disingenuous behavior. Case in point, why are you so interested?
You're telling me you posted that to get a conversation going to catch scum off guard, but a few posts ago agreed with me that starting such a conversation would be silly. What's going on?

I'm interested because of your responses to my prods. I'm trying to find out whether you're doing some prodding of your own as a townie or making yourself look good as scum. Help me out.
You are really trying to pull the old double cross here aren't you. Trying to make Zebra out to be confused and bad after you throw shade on Floyd without voting. Kind of like putting your right indicator on during a car chase but turning left. You're bad to the bone Dinman. Bad to the bone.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hello. I'm foolishly on the Internet at 3:30 a.m. on a work night. My alarm is going off in two hours, so I'm not sticking around.

This is me advocating an active Day 1 and all that stuff rah rah rah *shakes pom poms*
JJJ isn't supatowning. He bad.
DrWilgy wrote:Peek on Diiny was red. EZ$$
I heart u Wilgtown.

I am voting for Jimmy.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

After seeing DrWilgy in TH, Pet Sounds, and the ongoing Star Wars as well as this game, I've concluded that DrWilgy's play style is to never have the same play style twice. I wish I had the audacity to attempt such a meta as that.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

There's a lot of trees where I live.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:After seeing DrWilgy in TH, Pet Sounds, and the ongoing Star Wars as well as this game, I've concluded that DrWilgy's play style is to never have the same play style twice. I wish I had the audacity to attempt such a meta as that.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:After seeing DrWilgy in TH, Pet Sounds, and the ongoing Star Wars as well as this game, I've concluded that DrWilgy's play style is to never have the same play style twice. I wish I had the audacity to attempt such a meta as that.
Wilgy is actually a puppet account that quite a few different people use.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:
Wilgy is actually a puppet account person that quite a few different people use.
Fixed
Image Image Image
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

If I was trying to make him look bad I'm perfectly capable of actually sounding like I've made up my mind. If you feel like it's weak, Mac, it's because I'm not actively trying to make him look bad. I don't know why you've assumed I have.

I'm really enjoying your allegations of 'double crossing' (?) zeb and making her look bad that don't actually deal with what I said, keep 'em coming. I'm apparently collecting day 1 votes anway :workit:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:How is me gauging reactions not applied generally, but instead applied to a single post...where clearly I have gauged some interesting reactions? :eye: In other words, you're misrepresenting the issue and even if you weren't, you would still be mistaken.
Because I explicitly brought up that specific post in particular during the discussion. That's what I was concerned with. Me prodding you on it leading me to an answer I didn't feel made sense given the contents and nature of the post. THAT post. Specifically. You can't gauge reactions to your fourth posts because it doesn't demand them nor does it provoke them. As I've said. I really don't think I'm misrepresenting anything here, but you may be misunderstanding me.

You haven't gauged anything particularly interesting but that doesn't mean you haven't turned up the heat.
My answer wasn't regarding that post, and I even made clear with my initial response that gauging response is what I do generally, therefore shifting the back-and-forth away from that one example. You may have been talking about it initially but as the person who posted it, I am well aware that it was one piece of a larger puzzle. I tried to inform you of this but I didn't make it clear enough. Maybe. And I'm surprised that you still don't see how blatantly wrong you are regarding the reactions. Your own reactions, the very posts that you are making here, prove that it did in fact provoke reactions. Demand, probably not, but I'm not a demanding player. You may disagree that your very own reactions here are worth analyzing but to me that only makes your intent even more questionable.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying that I haven't gauged anything interesting...to me (in a game like this) that's exactly what turning up the heat is.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Enrique »

wilgy what
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:If I was trying to make him look bad I'm perfectly capable of actually sounding like I've made up my mind. If you feel like it's weak, Mac, it's because I'm not actively trying to make him look bad. I don't know why you've assumed I have.

I'm really enjoying your allegations of 'double crossing' (?) zeb and making her look bad that don't actually deal with what I said, keep 'em coming. I'm apparently collecting day 1 votes anway :workit:
First of all, if I'm scum (and yes, I know we may play differently) and I'm trying to make someone look bad, the last thing I'm going to do is give off the impression that I've made up my mind. I try to throw shade and point everyone else in a civilian victim's direction while trying to make it as forgettable as possible that I was the one who pointed. Second, and more importantly, you seem nervous.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Enrique wrote:wilgy what
What do you mean what?
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I love you Mac
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:

My answer wasn't regarding that post, and I even made clear with my initial response that gauging response is what I do generally, therefore shifting the back-and-forth away from that one example. You may have been talking about it initially but as the person who posted it, I am well aware that it was one piece of a larger puzzle. I tried to inform you of this but I didn't make it clear enough. Maybe. And I'm surprised that you still don't see how blatantly wrong you are regarding the reactions. Your own reactions, the very posts that you are making here, prove that it did in fact provoke reactions. Demand, probably not, but I'm not a demanding player. You may disagree that your very own reactions here are worth analyzing but to me that only makes your intent even more questionable.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying that I haven't gauged anything interesting...to me (in a game like this) that's exactly what turning up the heat is.
I can't remember whether or not I knew you were talking generally. Pprobably not, and it does feel better to know you weren't touting that post as an example of turning up the heat because it's not a good example of it, as I'm sure you'll agree. I'm well aware that it provoked reactions and turned the thread into the wonderful clusterfuck it is now, but it didn't feel like it was desgined to. It provoked reactions because of just how little I felt it did provoke the thread, regardless of the eventual outcome. Get me?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

DrWilgy wrote:
Enrique wrote:wilgy what
What do you mean what?
"wilgy what" is about right i guess
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

C'mon people it's not hard. Little button next to Diinys name click that, then hit submit.
Image Image Image
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:If I was trying to make him look bad I'm perfectly capable of actually sounding like I've made up my mind. If you feel like it's weak, Mac, it's because I'm not actively trying to make him look bad. I don't know why you've assumed I have.

First of all, if I'm scum (and yes, I know we may play differently) and I'm trying to make someone look bad, the last thing I'm going to do is give off the impression that I've made up my mind. I try to throw shade and point everyone else in a civilian victim's direction while trying to make it as forgettable as possible that I was the one who pointed. Second, and more importantly, you seem nervous.
I agree, but the way Mac phrased it suggested that I was deflecting/lashing out onto Floyd due to being RVS'd, which would imply that I'm trying to frame the guy. I'm saying that what I posted isn't exactly framing him, it's way too objective for that.

I'm not nervous, just really annoyed to be collecting votes like this, and I really don't know what Wilgy's playing at.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I don't design posts. I type some nonsense and hit the submit button. Doing just that and nothing more provokes some interesting and dare I say revealing reactions more than you might think. Also, I'm not convinced that you can't remember the extent to which you understood me at any given point. I think you knew what you were doing the whole time and it didn't go in the direction you wanted it to, so you are now trying to redefine where your thoughts were in our initial back-and-forth to make them seem more justified and less manipulative. I don't buy it.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also, for those of you who think I wouldn't use my check on Diiny vs someone else, Diiny killed me in TH. That was my reason for the check.

Ok Diiny. Since you can't get the fact that I checked you, what do you think of MP's plan?
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

DrWilgy wrote:C'mon people it's not hard. Little button next to Diinys name click that, then hit submit.
I have a real hard time believing the cop would start with a "red" ID.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

DrWilgy wrote:Also, for those of you who think I wouldn't use my check on Diiny vs someone else, Diiny killed me in TH. That was my reason for the check.

Ok Diiny. Since you can't get the fact that I checked you, what do you think of MP's plan?
wilgy what
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:C'mon people it's not hard. Little button next to Diinys name click that, then hit submit.
I have a real hard time believing the cop would start with a "red" ID.
Why? we didn't get a single baddie last game. This way I can at least prevent that.

Read Enrique, c'mon. Click the good ol' button on Diiny, and then we can even try to ask for a shorter day phase so I can get another check.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also, at Mac :hugs:
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”