Moderator: Community Team

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [Prologue] The Shawshank Redemption Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

I missed playing mafia with you, boo! Awesome insights, as always.

I guess I'll keep my vote where it is for now and see what happens.

Russtifinko wrote:And Epi, you spelled my name wrong! It should be RusstifikYES
YES!!!!! :haha:
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by A Person »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm having a hard time understanding how all the players in this game are doing anything other than posting in this thread on a Friday night. What else could they possibly be doing?
I am looking at sites that aren't this one.
Like a Chat site, maybe??? :eye:
omg yes
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Nevinera »

Bah, I missed the game start.

I'm not terribly available this weekend, but I see that our poll runs another day yet.
I'm going to be even less available than before (just started a new contract job),
but I'll try to contribute more than last game, at least once per day on weekdays :-)

I gather nobody is confident of how this poll works, or what it's for?
I'll just randomize the unvoted .. Moving Pictures it is.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by reywaS »

Yes, there are many options on how this poll works. Unless it somehow becomes more clear (and I don't see that happening unless we get a host clarification) I will just keep my vote the way it is.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 118
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Vomperdoodle - wanna trade votes?

Llama usually has the target on his back to die first, but I don't want to vote him in case it turns into an actual lynch or a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Or the winner gets a prize.
I have to go bake more bread.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 157

Post by thellama73 »

I notice John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt voted for me without posting. Care to explain yourself, JJJS?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Bullzeye »

I think Boo's idea about the poll being a bet is really interesting. Though if it really was that, you'd probably be kind of upset to get the most votes since it apparently means everyone thinks you'll be out first!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I'm going to go along with boo's train of thought for now. I'll be voting MR because of it.

Votes MR
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 153

Post by FZ. »

Hi all, I'm new here. And this is a bit overwhelming...but let's get started. Oh, and English isn't my native language, so sorry in advance for my mistakes...
Elohcin wrote:Hey all! I'm stoked for this game. It is based on one of my favorite games and hosted by my favorite host :)
thellama73 wrote:I'm having a hard time understanding how all the players in this game are doing anything other than posting in this thread on a Friday night. What else could they possibly be doing?
I don't know what all they might be up to, but I have to say I am happy to be at home having a restful evening. My week has been crazy busy with a four-tiered wedding cake, a grooms cake, and a two-tiered Christmas cake (which caused trips to Walmart three nights in a row) on top of all my normal duties of teaching, cleaning, laundry, and caring for three wild youngins. Whew! I'm spent!
This post seems like sucking up :p and quite suspicious in my eyes.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:OK, looking at this list, the two people i see most likely to be a whiny bitch & cry out are Dom or...um...me, lol. So not voting for me, I will vote for Dom. Yay for being able to change votes :)
bitch :p

I'll throw a vote on MR for now... I think boo's analysis is cool and stuff but we have no way of knowing for sure.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Mister Rearranger »

boo wrote: Ya, exactly. It's a bet... although that makes me wonder if a second vote (and all after) on someone who already has a vote would get everyone after the first voter a prize if the person who took the votes is the person who cries out first. Either that or it would be divided by however many voters there were and got it right (in terms of keeping the bet idea going at least, could just be a small prize for everyone who winds up voting right, regardless of how many votes).
"Which will cry out first" =/= "Which cried out first"

But other than that, it's a fun theory that I hope doesn't result in my death. :eek:
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I thought the poll was who we wanted to vote for. Isn't it?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

FZ. wrote:I thought the poll was who we wanted to vote for. Isn't it?
It seems to not be a lynch poll, we're in the 'prologue' rather than day one which suggests perhaps we're voting based on something other than who we want to lynch today.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The poll is "who will cry out first?" None of us really knows what that means, but I would be willing to bet that it is not a lynch poll.

Linki
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:
It seems to not be a lynch poll, we're in the 'prologue' rather than day one which suggests perhaps we're voting based on something other than who we want to lynch today.
this.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

thellama73 wrote:
The poll is "who will cry out first?" None of us really knows what that means, but I would be willing to bet that it is not a lynch poll.

Linki
Is it possible that "Which new fish will cry out first" could refer to a player who's new to the site/playing their first game here?

Just spitballing. :shrug:

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Linki
Is it possible that "Which new fish will cry out first" could refer to a player who's new to the site/playing their first game here?

But then wouldn't it make more sense for the poll to have only new players on it? :ponder:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Linki

But then wouldn't it make more sense for the poll to have only new players on it? :ponder:
Maybe role guessing?

[quote="Our Gracious Host]
Fat Ass
“You don't understand, I'm not supposed to be here!”
A new fish, he cries out for his mama; if Hadley votes for him, he dies.
[/quote]

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I hate quote fails :(

reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Bullzeye wrote:
Yes, this poll seems like a "typical" day 0 poll to me. Typical only meaning that it is similar to other day 0 polls where we aren't lynching, but voting for perhaps early game advantages or somethign similar.
Some day, Some day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

reywaS wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Yes, this poll seems like a "typical" day 0 poll to me. Typical only meaning that it is similar to other day 0 polls where we aren't lynching but are voting for perhaps early game advantages or something similar.
fixed grammar. Sorry everyone.
Some day, Some day
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Bullzeye wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Linki

Well that would just take all the fun away from our random theories anyways. :p

@Llama: Yeah, I like the role-relation idea too.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Thanks for the answers. I thought it was just a creative way to present the lynch poll, nothing more. Could it still be it, and those talking about bets and all that, jut trying to cause chaos?
Mister Rearranger wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Linki

Nice try :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:Could it still be it, and those talking about bets and all that, jut trying to cause chaos?
Chaos! :omg: :knight3: :omg:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

^Lol

I think I should tell you that I'm never online on Fridays. I come back on Saturday nights my time.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Why does MR have three votes? Going by the logic this is a bet, why's the bet on him? And if it's something else, what is it?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:Why does MR have three votes? Going by the logic this is a bet, why's the bet on him? And if it's something else, what is it?
A better question is why do I have two votes? Because people love to vote for me, that's why! It's a shame I'm not running for anything, and that the majority of votes in this game result in death.

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

I'd vote Logan for President for a number of very good reasons, not the least of which is the reestablishment of facial hair in the White House.

:llama:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Elohcin »

FZ. wrote:Hi all, I'm new here. And this is a bit overwhelming...but let's get started. Oh, and English isn't my native language, so sorry in advance for my mistakes...
Elohcin wrote:Hey all! I'm stoked for this game. It is based on one of my favorite games and hosted by my favorite host :)
I don't know what all they might be up to, but I have to say I am happy to be at home having a restful evening. My week has been crazy busy with a four-tiered wedding cake, a grooms cake, and a two-tiered Christmas cake (which caused trips to Walmart three nights in a row) on top of all my normal duties of teaching, cleaning, laundry, and caring for three wild youngins. Whew! I'm spent!
The handsome host is my dear husband of ten years :p
Mister Rearranger wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Linki

I think the winners of the poll/bet will be those who vote for Fat Ass. Is that too simple of an explanation? Maybe. :ponder:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Oh, and I would vote Logan for President too :) Yay freedom!
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

^That could also be a total crapshoot, as some of us won't get any votes. :p
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 206

Post by S~V~S »

I kinda would like a tie for this poll, it's so vague. It's not too late for those of you who voted for those with multiple votes to change :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I kinda would like a tie for this poll, it's so vague. It's not too late for those of you who voted for those with multiple votes to change :D
I advocated for this in the last game and I think it's a good idea here too. It would ensure that at least one of us gets contraband. The only trouble is that that those with BTSC have a slight advantage, since they know some of the roles, but that's true whether there's a tie or not, so let's go for it!

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote:I kinda would like a tie for this poll, it's so vague. It's not too late for those of you who voted for those with multiple votes to change :D
It would be interesting. But if my theory is correct then only one person would win the bet and find out who Fat Ass is.

I think I will vote for FZ (for now) since he voted for me.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Elohcin wrote:
FZ. wrote:Hi all, I'm new here. And this is a bit overwhelming...but let's get started. Oh, and English isn't my native language, so sorry in advance for my mistakes...
The handsome host is my dear husband of ten years :p

I think the winners of the poll/bet will be those who vote for Fat Ass. Is that too simple of an explanation? Maybe. :ponder:
Oh, in that case...it makes you an even bigger suck up :p kidding :)
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Elohcin wrote:
It would be interesting. But if my theory is correct then only one person would win the bet and find out who Fat Ass is.

What kind of prize is that?
And by the way, what is a contraband?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 206

Post by S~V~S »

No clue what contraband would be~ this is a twist the host threw in, could be anything :shrug:

And i doubt any kind of info would be a prize~ could be wrong though.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The speculation about this poll is normal -- I'm thinking no one really knows what this poll does. Does not seem like a Day 0 info/faction benefits poll to me.

Honestly, my gut is telling me it's meaningless, but I know Rob better than to think he would do something completely meaningless.

Typically, games here have a "Day 0" or prologue phase where the poll is NOT a typical lynch polls. Those start on Day 1.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I came back wondering why the poll was still up before I realized....that the poll isn't 24 hours. :sigh:

Oh well. I might considering changing my vote at some point but for now, I feel fairly comfortable about where it is.
johns2jj
Posts in topic: 50

Post by johns2jj »

FZ. wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

Yes I asked earlier because as it is now it just looks like a liability.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

johns2jj wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

I think the contraband might be the 'items' that one of the civ roles gets to choose someone to receive at night. So they probably confer advantages.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:
johns2jj wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

I think the contraband might be the 'items' that one of the civ roles gets to choose someone to receive at night. So they probably confer advantages.
Based on the movie and reading the roles, I think that civvie is Red.

I don't think the contraband has to do with anything else. It seems he's the only one that can find it and dish it out.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

johns2jj wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

Why did you vote for me, John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt? Explain yourself or I will switch my vote to you, and that's a guarantee, bub!

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Gonna vote now while I remember. No idea what to base it on so I'll just random...

*Mongoose* it is!
boo
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Voting mr thomas since he meets my non MR criteria and I might not get around tomorrow before the poll ends.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

thellama73 wrote: Why did you vote for me, John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt? Explain yourself or I will switch my vote to you, and that's a guarantee, bub!
Why would that make a difference, if the "this is not a lynch" theory is correct? :confused:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
thellama73 wrote: Why did you vote for me, John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt? Explain yourself or I will switch my vote to you, and that's a guarantee, bub!
Why would that make a difference, if the "this is not a lynch" theory is correct? :confused:
Intimidation, bullying, senseless aggression, meanspiritedness, free market capitalism, a hint of trolling, antisociality, misanthropy, and gamesmanship.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

thellama73 wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
Intimidation, bullying, senseless aggression, meanspiritedness, free market capitalism, a hint of trolling, antisociality, misanthropy, and gamesmanship.
That was the name of my first punk band in high school.

We weren't very popular. :sigh:

reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

thellama73 wrote:
johns2jj wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

Why did you vote for me, John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt? Explain yourself or I will switch my vote to you, and that's a guarantee, bub!
What?! You're name is Logan...you have facial hair...and you say "bub"? I would also vote for you as president.
Some day, Some day
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

reywaS wrote: What?! You're name is Logan...you have facial hair...and you say "bub"? I would also vote for you as president.
Wow, I am starting to build quite a coalition! :yay:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”