43%

Total votes: 14
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Three-Day Day 1 Mafia [Day 1]

Post by DrWilgy »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:19 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:49 am It's likely Kyle is scum. No hard counters were put in place. No one even tried to deviate from the claims. Kyle's nonchalant attitude about it.

I'm glad we figured out the game already.
please explain your thought process here?

not everyone has role claimed or even posted since my mason claim, so first of all you're jumping the gun on this

secondly, in order for me to be mafia turnip head would need to be lying, and the other mason would also need to be lying. that would be too many liars to be a mafia team in this setup.
As far as I read, masons can't reveal themselves to each other purposefully in BTSC. What does your claim do for you?

Also no I dont want to. Your teammate is probably Marmot Senpai.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:03 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:00 pm I'm saying this from experience, from playing this style of game twice before, things go much smoother if everyone claims asap.
In what way does it make finding the scum easier?
process of elimination, my dude
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:02 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:49 am It's likely Kyle is scum. No hard counters were put in place. No one even tried to deviate from the claims. Kyle's nonchalant attitude about it.

not everyone has role claimed or even posted since my mason claim, so first of all you're jumping the gun on this

secondly, in order for me to be mafia turnip head would need to be lying, and the other mason would also need to be lying. that would be too many liars to be a mafia team in this setup.
As far as I read, masons can't reveal themselves to each other purposefully in BTSC. What does your claim do for you?

it doesn't matter what it does for me personally, what matters is what it does for the game.

you're smarter than this, wilgy. do you legitimately think me being mafia makes sense?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I'll clarify, there's 8 players. 2 mafia, and (up to) 5 players which can be cleared via role claims. I guess in this situation it's just 4 since apparently TH's cop read was on me and not a vanilla.

the absolute best move is for every civ to roleclaim, it eliminates half the puzzle and it forces the mafia out into the open or it forces them to fake claim, either way it simplifies things significantly, and gives us something to talk about.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

so im gonna again kindly request that all players claim asap, especially the other mason and any remaining vanilla civs that haven't claimed yet.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:25 pm so im gonna again kindly request that all players claim asap, especially the other mason and any remaining vanilla civs that haven't claimed yet.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Mayor's a good role to fake claim tbh. :suspish: [mention]Marmot[/mention]
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by dunya »

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention]
[mention]insertnamehere[/mention]
[mention]sprityo[/mention]

more posts pls. you're at 3/2 respectively
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:36 pm Mayor's a good role to fake claim tbh. :suspish: Marmot
its actually the worst role to fake claim :p

i assume he plans to have his claim validated at some point though?? otherwise there's problems
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:30 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:36 pm Mayor's a good role to fake claim tbh. :suspish: Marmot
its actually the worst role to fake claim :p

i assume he plans to have his claim validated at some point though?? otherwise there's problems
I think Marmot should get his claim validated pronto so I can take my tinfoil off
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Kyle's making the most sense of the people in the thread, and at this point I'd be quite disappointed if he was lynched. He gets a puppy sticker.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 16

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’ll claim in a little bit.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 16

Post by ColinIsCool »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:15 pm Kyle's making the most sense of the people in the thread, and at this point I'd be quite disappointed if he was lynched. He gets a puppy sticker.
Agreed, but not a difficult stance to take.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Marmot wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:51 pm I'll save the host her breath and tell you all now, I am the mayor.
[VOTE: marmot] aubergine

This vote will be moved if/when the host validates his claim.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:16 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:15 pm Kyle's making the most sense of the people in the thread, and at this point I'd be quite disappointed if he was lynched. He gets a puppy sticker.
Agreed, but not a difficult stance to take.
You're not wrong, but for me having a semi-solid town read on page 2 of a thread is a major accomplishment. I feel like I should get like a fancy ribbon or something.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:16 pm I’ll claim in a little bit.
It's been 3,600,000 milliseconds
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

they is the first time anyone has said that about me in any context, i would love a puppy sticker.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:13 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:45 am
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:02 pm i know most or possibly all of you are kidding but i love starting the game with so much validation

i am a mason and unless dunya decided to put every possible power role into this game, i think someone's been lying about their shit already.
hey kyle this sounds like fearmongering

after all, you have no idea whether dunya would or would not include all them power roles nor have you taken an actual stance on the issue. i don't know why this post exists.

wow quin you've done it again
are you high?

every game I've played in this style was solved because of claim mechanics, speculating on what is and isn't likely is step one.
ok but you weren't speculating. you threw a "someone might be lying" with 0 follow up. how does that solve the game?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:52 pm I'm going to ask the same question that got me mislynched in Friends mafia: how do you all approach Day 1s? Please provide examples related to strategy, game theory, meta, and other supplementary information when appropriate. (2 to 4 pages, MLA heading and Works Cited page, double spaced, Times New Roman 12 point font, 1-inch margins)
sometimes i use comic sans but im feeling tahoma today
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:02 pm i know most or possibly all of you are kidding but i love starting the game with so much validation

i am a mason and unless dunya decided to put every possible power role into this game, i think someone's been lying about their shit already.

after all, you have no idea whether dunya would or would not include all them power roles nor have you taken an actual stance on the issue. i don't know why this post exists.

are you high?

every game I've played in this style was solved because of claim mechanics, speculating on what is and isn't likely is step one.
ok but you weren't speculating. you threw a "someone might be lying" with 0 follow up. how does that solve the game?
does it solve the game to ignore the possibility that someone might be fake claiming? from my experience, (which is the same as dunya's experience) it's uncommon for all of the civ roles to get used. the first game we played over there had 2 masons and a mayor, second one had I think a cop and a solo mason. those games also had more players than this one does.

of course there's also possibly cultural differences, they probably had more limited town roles over there cus claim meta is more common on their site, it's possible dunya would include all possible roles because she's kept in account the fact that people are more hesitant to claim here.

the reason there's been no follow up yet is cus im waiting for the rest of the claims to happen. I have a theory but i can't work with it until the other mason claims.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:23 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:01 pm

are you high?

does it solve the game to ignore the possibility that someone might be fake claiming? from my experience, (which is the same as dunya's experience) it's uncommon for all of the civ roles to get used. the first game we played over there had 2 masons and a mayor, second one had I think a cop and a solo mason. those games also had more players than this one does.

of course there's also possibly cultural differences, they probably had more limited town roles over there cus claim meta is more common on their site, it's possible dunya would include all possible roles because she's kept in account the fact that people are more hesitant to claim here.

the reason there's been no follow up yet is cus im waiting for the rest of the claims to happen. I have a theory but i can't work with it until the other mason claims.
i'm not saying to ignore it. but you weren't doing that, nor did it appear you were you pursuing it. my gripe lies therein.

an acceptable explanation.

[VOTE: vote marmot] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i'm vanilla town. looking forward to seeing your theory.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay Quin's bad lol
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:18 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:02 pm

it doesn't matter what it does for me personally, what matters is what it does for the game.

you're smarter than this, wilgy. do you legitimately think me being mafia makes sense?
Yes. Challenging my intellect is actually more indicative of you being scum as well. Why challenge my intellect when there's plenty of other things you can challenge my claim with.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:25 pm I'll clarify, there's 8 players. 2 mafia, and (up to) 5 players which can be cleared via role claims. I guess in this situation it's just 4 since apparently TH's cop read was on me and not a vanilla.

the absolute best move is for every civ to roleclaim, it eliminates half the puzzle and it forces the mafia out into the open or it forces them to fake claim, either way it simplifies things significantly, and gives us something to talk about.
I disagree. This prevents vanilla players from utilizing their ability of speech to the fullest. Why would you want to prevent a civilian from lying? That's the most useful tool to a vanilla.

Scumboi Kyle.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Why because all he's discussed is role mechanics? That doesn't solve anything.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I think that likely team of scum at this point is either Marmot Kyle or INH Kyle. As the votes are standing right now it's likely to be INH Kyle.
Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I must have forgot to mention that I'm the cop and got a green peek on my boi kylemii
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:19 pmYes. Challenging my intellect is actually more indicative of you being scum as well. Why challenge my intellect when there's plenty of other things you can challenge my claim with.
that makes zero sense. Iim not challenging your intellect.

unless you think this game has 3 mafia somehow I'm confirmed town the moment the second mason claims mason. do you have an argument against that?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:21 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:25 pm I'll clarify, there's 8 players. 2 mafia, and (up to) 5 players which can be cleared via role claims. I guess in this situation it's just 4 since apparently TH's cop read was on me and not a vanilla.

I disagree. This prevents vanilla players from utilizing their ability of speech to the fullest. Why would you want to prevent a civilian from lying? That's the most useful tool to a vanilla.

Scumboi Kyle.
this isn't a standard mafia game wilgy. this is one phase mafia. vanilla roles don't exist for the purpose of protecting power roles, every roles is of equal value since every mislynch has the same outcome

this game is meant by design to be half solved by roleclaims, to force the mafia to hide amongst the vanilla civ claims or be more aggressive and counterclaim the real power roles.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:23 pm
Why because all he's discussed is role mechanics? That doesn't solve anything.
solving the game *is* mechanics.

we're meant to create a peo using roles and claims to force the mafia out into the open. do you disagree with that?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:25 pm I think that likely team of scum at this point is either Marmot Kyle or INH Kyle. As the votes are standing right now it's likely to be INH Kyle.
hey woogers, is Turnip good then?
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Ye ye what’s good yo? I’m off my 24 hour shift and back to do some work
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:16 am Image
This is 100% accurate. I believe TH’s claim

No one hasn’t counter claimed him as far as page one goes so we’re off to a good start
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:35 am

Since you're the only person to claim mason, it must be you -_-
Oh right, I’m also a mason.

Does that debunk your theory yet?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DrWilgy is being more aggressive than I can ever remember him playing. He usually posts that he’s most definitely a doctor and such.

:eye: [VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine your hard push on Kyle has me suspish
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

okay so now that we now have all possible roles accounted for

any counterclaims? is everyone else outside of TH, me, marmot, and sprityo comfortable with the insinuation that you're vanilla town?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

well I guess we're not completely done with the initial shit?

marmot if you could plz use ur mayor powers when you can? colin was also building up to a claim too and im interested in hearing it
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

turnip head's claim was extremely early, i think that's the main thing going for it. it'd be a huge gamble to claim that early and yeah sure that kind of gamble is the kind of thing that wins this game-type for mafias, but it would be an extremely bold move bordering on reckless, risking a counterclaim.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:20 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:35 am

Since you're the only person to claim mason, it must be you -_-
I meant to quote this post actually, marmot explain ur shit
It was flung from the top of a sarcastic tree.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:52 pm I'm going to ask the same question that got me mislynched in Friends mafia: how do you all approach Day 1s? Please provide examples related to strategy, game theory, meta, and other supplementary information when appropriate. (2 to 4 pages, MLA heading and Works Cited page, double spaced, Times New Roman 12 point font, 1-inch margins)
I like to banter a bit, then switch gears as the deadline approaches.

How about you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:36 pm Mayor's a good role to fake claim tbh. :suspish: @Marmot
That's because it is my fake role my dude.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

well done, guys! everyone met the minimum post count. Let's keep it up! Kylemii is currently ahead in post count to take the special contributor banner too. ;)
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

dunya wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:37 am well done, guys! everyone met the minimum post count. Let's keep it up! Kylemii is currently ahead in post count to take the special contributor banner too. ;)

You cannot tempt me woman!!!!!

I will post as slow as I want!
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Quin and Wilgers are definitely our baddos :srsnod: Santa Claus told me so in a dream last night, and I believe him.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:51 am
dunya wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:37 am well done, guys! everyone met the minimum post count. Let's keep it up! Kylemii is currently ahead in post count to take the special contributor banner too. ;)
You cannot tempt me woman!!!!!

I will post as slow as I want!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Iiiiiiiiiiii wiillllllll allllllllllllso poooooooooost as sssssssssloooooooowlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy as i waaant
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

POS cannot help us this game, we most vote the scummiest person in the world.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:07 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:36 pm Mayor's a good role to fake claim tbh. :suspish: @Marmot
That's because it is my fake role my dude.
does that mean you lied? why?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:40 am POS cannot help us this game, we most vote the scummiest person in the world.
who is that?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”