Twin Peaks Mafia BLACK LODGE: {GAME OVER}

Moderator: Community Team

Who has been the mafia since the beginning?

Poll ended at Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Snow Dog
25%
thellama73
13%
Nevinera
No votes
MovingPictures (Host/Non-Player)
63%

Total votes: 8
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 110

Re: TPM: Black Lodge {DAY 1}

Post by thellama73 »

I'm very sorry for you, but it's an unjust world and virtue is triumphant only in theatrical performances. If you really think your sexual orientation is of any concern to me at all ( didn't know you were gay and I don't care ow that I do) you need to broaden your outlook on life. Not everything is about persecution. Some things are just bad luck.Nevinera was lynched almost immediately in two games simultaneously, and I don't hear him whining.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 29

Post by S~V~S »

I dont think it has to do with Gay bashing so much as the PA guys are clannish, which I agree, can be frustrating, but it certainly is not intended personally <3 I am sure.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Boogs »

thellama73 wrote:I'm very sorry for you, but it's an unjust world and virtue is triumphant only in theatrical performances. If you really think your sexual orientation is of any concern to me at all ( didn't know you were gay and I don't care ow that I do) you need to broaden your outlook on life. Not everything is about persecution. Some things are just bad luck.Nevinera was lynched almost immediately in two games simultaneously, and I don't hear him whining.
Im not whining I'm just saying you Llama play these games picking on people and pick on me constantly. I'm calling you a bully. And I don't enjoy playing games with you if you want to treat someone unfairly You did it to BF also.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Okay.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

S~V~S wrote:I dont think it has to do with Gay bashing so much as the PA guys are clannish, which I agree, can be frustrating, but it certainly is not intended personally <3 I am sure.
If you say so. It's picking on people and not people they have known. It's an unfair way to play a game. Yu don't know who people's roles are and you should treat someone the same as anyone else regardless of knowing them or dating etc.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Didn't realize it was "unfair" to vote people off in Mafia. Clearly, I should have been abstaining from every vote. Pleas forgive my ignorance.

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Epignosis »

I know the personal opinions of BWT, Snow Dog, and (I'm pretty sure) thellama73 on the topic of gay marriage. I do not know Nevinera's stance on the subject (just met him a couple of weeks ago). But I know enough that I can assure you this has nothing to do with anyone's sexual preference.

I wholeheartedly believe that the early voters were being opportunistic rather than bigoted.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

I'm just kind of growing sick of it. I have real life things going on and in 2 games because I didn't post much because I have so much work going on and my schedule and other factors, I get voted and picked on. The game just started today and I didn't even get one post in before Llama starts wanting to lynch me for no valid reason. And Llama you're just a plain snarky jerk with your replies. I'm done with this and dont have time to argue with ignorance.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Frankly, I'm not sure what you expect in a "last man standing" game. We have nothing to go on for the first vote. Nev offered me a deal and I took it. I explained why I chose you over BWT, but you don't want to hear it. You prefer to call me names.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 29

Post by S~V~S »

Like I said, Boogs, they are clannish. It has been brought up in another game, and they are new like you. Once they screw each other over a few times, they will stop being so clannish. No one intends any personal insult; BWT is also from the same site, and they cut him out too. Also, this might be a rezz, for all we know.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Nevinera »

Boogs wrote:It's just frustrating the group of you I keep playing with constantly seem to want to pick on me in every game I play. I just got the email and checked the game on a break from work and you decide to pick on me and not BWT or whoever and don't even give me a chance to speak at all and of course, try to make me the first one out again. It makes me not want to even play on these games when I'm constantly the one being picked on and you all seem to want to keep your older buddies on. I think I agree with BF it seems like a gay bashing or picking thing. But it's cool, I didn't want to play this one again anyway. But I may have second thoughts signing up again with this group if I keep being treated like this.
Seriously? The game is called 'mafia', and the objective is to get everyone else killed. It's not a 'gay bashing' thing, it's not any kind of bashing. We're not voting you out because you're gay, or latino, or a nerd, or bad at parcheesi, we're voting you out because that is the goal of the game.

You've been out a few times in a row, early in the game? So have I. If I last through three days, this will have been my most successful game ever.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

S~V~S wrote:Like I said, Boogs, they are clannish. It has been brought up in another game, and they are new like you. Once they screw each other over a few times, they will stop being so clannish. No one intends any personal insult; BWT is also from the same site, and they cut him out too. Also, this might be a rezz, for all we know.
I attempted to establish an alliance based specifically in the events *immediately* preceding this game - I attempted to argue logically and use thought-out tactics, and these two are the ones that listened to me. That makes me consider them likely to take an early-game alliance seriously. I fully expect llama to stab me in the back as soon as it's in his best interest (I don't know Snow well, but probably him too), and my hope is that I will know that moment before he does.

That's not 'clannish', it's careful play. I'm intent on lasting through a couple of days this game.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote:I fully expect llama to stab me in the back as soon as it's in his best interest
:feb:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boogs wrote:I think I agree with BF it seems like a gay bashing or picking thing.
This is making a sweeping accusation of a large number of participants on this site: Namely, that no small number of people actively seek to vote off gay people. Knowing the attitudes of most in this segment of this game regarding homosexuality, the accusation doesn't make any sense to me.

It's a matter of sample size, really. If I knew the personal details of all the people who actively participate on this site, I could make a potentially convincing case that folks here tend to want to lynch blondes, brunettes, blue-eyed, brown-eyed, Christian, atheist, rich, poor, musician, non-musician, etc etc etc. Small sample sizes almost never tell anyone anything truthful.

Boogs wrote:
But it's cool,
No, gay bashing is not cool. But neither are unfounded accusations. I think it's in keeping with the wishes of the Administrator of this site that we have neither.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

ANNOUNCEMENT:

As an administrator and not a player, I am demanding that this conversation will be moved to private message so as to not be furthered in this game thread. This will NOT continue and the game will continue as planned from here.

Attempts to resolve this have been undertaken and it is not being moved privately in an attempt to 'hide' anything, so much as it is so that it can be properly discussed and resolved.

I want to clearly state that a primary goal at this site is to ensure that every member feel welcome and that the site feels like it is each member's own -- an aspiration I take incredibly seriously -- and this means bashing of a different sexual orientation, race, religion, etc. will NOT be tolerated, nor is it something that I believe is being fostered. If anyone ever believes it is, I would heavily appreciate being made aware immediately. With that being said, any accusation of such behavior is to be taken seriously and consequently should not be lightly made or handled.

Thank you.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 45

Post by insertnamehere »

Nevinera has been lynched. He was James Hurley.
thellama has been lynched. He was Lucy Moran.
birdwithteeth has been lynched. He was Maddy Ferguson.
Boogs has been lynched. He was Shelly Johnson.
Snow Dog has been lynched. He was Agent Dale Cooper.

Vompatti has joined the game.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to send in Night Actions.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Re: TPM: Black Lodge {NIGHT 1}

Post by thellama73 »

Welcome Vompatti!

Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by Snow Dog »

I was going to say that I expect we shall be joined by further dead from the main game.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

hi
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Hi Vomps!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I'm slightly confused.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Vompatti wrote:I'm slightly confused.
Give it time, your confusion will grow.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I'm slightly confused.
Give it time, your confusion will grow.
:haha:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I notice from the host post everyone besides Boogs has a used up white role. Except me. I have a black role. What's up with that?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I noticed that too, and wondered maybe INH revealed your role by accident. Are you Dale Cooper, I ask realizing you cannot answer?

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I would like to take the opportunity to say that I truly apologize for not having been around. Unfortunately, with how busy my life is right now, it's nearly impossible for me to handle more than one mafia game. And boo's VGM takes up so much of my time that I haven't had time to catch up in here for several days now. It probably won't happen anytime soon either, and I hate to do this to INH because it seems like a terrific game, but unless I get replaced soon I really don't have much hope of catching up anytime this week. Again, I apologize for my lack of being around and not mentioning this sooner! :(
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

No worries, bwt! We realize life gets in the way.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

This is a disturbing game. We are all civ and yet we must kill one another. There must be more here than meets the eye.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote:This is a disturbing game. We are all civ and yet we must kill one another. There must be more here than meets the eye.
I'm sure there is. But since I still haven't figured out the game we already lost, I'm not sure it's worth trying to guess at :-\

I did notice that bwt was listed by INH as 'maddy ferguson' (and crossed out), which was my previous role. But that doesn't appear to be a pattern, does it?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:This is a disturbing game. We are all civ and yet we must kill one another. There must be more here than meets the eye.
I'm sure there is. But since I still haven't figured out the game we already lost, I'm not sure it's worth trying to guess at :-\

I did notice that bwt was listed by INH as 'maddy ferguson' (and crossed out), which was my previous role. But that doesn't appear to be a pattern, does it?
I think those are just random roles, although the Dale Cooper one is a little troubling since it's a black role.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I think we should all stick together for now and do bwt a favour and lynch him tomorrow.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote:I think we should all stick together for now and do bwt a favour and lynch him tomorrow.
Well, it's definitely in all our best interests to stick together until one of us knows that it's not.

At that point, one person will know the objective better, and will
a) begin trying to break up the group, or
b) play more subtly, and wait until it's down to the three of us, then hope to play the resulting three-player dynamic with some luck.

It's possible, but less likely, that some player will gain knowledge that puts himself *and one of the others* on a team against the third.
I think that probability is low enough that I intend to treat such a declaration or implication as an admission of (a) instead.

Keep in mind also that our host apparently has no problem with distributing false information, unless Kate is *really* clever,
so if we receive information, we should consider it but remain dubious (I haven't gotten any yet).

There's an outside possibility that two of us already have btsc - since I suggested this plan, I can't realistically suspect you two of that.
But you should both consider that possibility, I suppose.
I don't have btsc with anyone, of course, and I don't see any roles that would grant that before night 1,
so it would necessitate a hidden power, which I consider lower probability.

My central point is that we should each watch out for others of us three starting FUD campaigns,
because it most likely means that they have extra information which indicates that they should betray us.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

This is all very true. I agree that we need to stick together for now, but we definitely should be wary of any info any of us gain. Hopefully the day post will shed more light on the situation.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok. All for one and one for all and ultimately every man for himself.

For now I will stick with you two and block vote.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Based on the timing in the other thread, it looks like Russ will be joining us today as well, which will make it three on three. In that case, I think it is a mistake to lynch BWT, since the more active players will have a better chance of breaking up our monopoly, which they will surely want to do. Alternatively, we could invite a fourth into the group to ensure continued domination.

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Still waiting for 1 PM.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:Based on the timing in the other thread, it looks like Russ will be joining us today as well, which will make it three on three. In that case, I think it is a mistake to lynch BWT, since the more active players will have a better chance of breaking up our monopoly, which they will surely want to do. Alternatively, we could invite a fourth into the group to ensure continued domination.
Good point. I suggested BWT as he has declared himself out. Thought it'd make it easier all round.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote:Based on the timing in the other thread, it looks like Russ will be joining us today as well, which will make it three on three. In that case, I think it is a mistake to lynch BWT, since the more active players will have a better chance of breaking up our monopoly, which they will surely want to do. Alternatively, we could invite a fourth into the group to ensure continued domination.
The logic of a four-player endgame gets way too complex - I'd prefer not to add a fourth. The three-player group can stay stable until it's just three, but with four players, there's strong incentive to try to splinter a turn early and recruit the fifth player, creating a three-v-two situation.

If you guys both think we'll need one though, I recommend we wait until the voting has begun, and hold out the alliance to whoever votes for not-us first :-)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I don't strongly think we need one, but it looks like all days going forward are going to be three of us versus three other people. As long as BWT is absent, that won't be a problem, but if we start having ties, it could tilt us into the minority, and after that happens the other two are toast. I just thought that was worth pointing out.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:I don't strongly think we need one, but it looks like all days going forward are going to be three of us versus three other people. As long as BWT is absent, that won't be a problem, but if we start having ties, it could tilt us into the minority, and after that happens the other two are toast. I just thought that was worth pointing out.
So if Russ comes over lynch him first? Sorry Russ. :sigh:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

That seems logical given that he was a baddie in that game and we are all civvies. We wouldn't be able to really trust him anyway.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It may not be Russ now, though. It may be Kate on account of MP's evil treachery!

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:It may not be Russ now, though. It may be Kate on account of MP's evil treachery!
True.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I don't strongly think we need one, but it looks like all days going forward are going to be three of us versus three other people. As long as BWT is absent, that won't be a problem, but if we start having ties, it could tilt us into the minority, and after that happens the other two are toast. I just thought that was worth pointing out.
So if Russ comes over lynch him first? Sorry Russ. :sigh:
That's a good point, Snow. Something strange is certainly going to happen soon, because that other game has to end eventually, right? -.O

Maybe we should try to grab Vomps, to ensure that we have a majority over the people who lynched us unjustly? :-P
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

If we do decide to recruit a fourth, Vomps would certainly be my first choice.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Where is that blasted Host Post!

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Waiting for the First Game lynch to be over.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

insertnamehere wrote:Waiting for the First Game lynch to be over.
It ended twenty minutes ago, according to the poll.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Yeah but he wants to write it up, make calculations etc..
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Yeah but he wants to write it up, make calculations etc..
Ah. Forgive my impatience, host.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”