(Host/Mod/Dead)
63%

Total votes: 8
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Re: The Hobbit Mafia

Post by Dom »

kneel4justice wrote:No death is great news!

For me, I found FZ's behavior when the lynch was going down, really weird. Usually we see eye to eye, feel the same way about situations but that couldn't have been farther from what happened. Her unwillingness to lynch MP along with her paranoia to the end just seemed strange. I don't necessarily think that would be on the same team, I think FZ would have cut ties with him (although I'm not sure what she would do on this site as opposed to our home site, I play a different scum game here). But I should have at least been able to feel a bit of paranoia similar to hers at the end of the lynch, perhaps it was because I wasn't here for everything to go down live? But she's caught my eye.

I also believe MP defended INH, who I was already suspicious of, and that could be a possible teammate of his.
However, something worth noting is both Reyas and Snowdog agreed (found here) with me in the way that it felt they were hopping on a suspicion without really doing anything. I can't necessarily fault them for agreeing, because I think I had a good point, but it stuck out to me.

While MP was bad, I was surprised to see Dom mention me when he voted for MP. It wasn't really needed, perhaps if Dom is on one team and didn't know if MP was bad he wanted something to fall back on. I'm not sure. Perhaps him agreeing with me is good though, I don't think we usually do, and I think I've only played with him when he's been a baddie or independent. That post can be found here.

Anyways, that is what caught my eye.
K4J, I thought your thoughts on MP were well formed and correct. I was happy to see us agreeing for once, tbh. I'm gonna try and go through some thoughts tonight, I think.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Spacedaisy, what do you make of the fact that MP ended up quickly turning around and voting for you?
It did not strike me as suspicious actually. It struck me as normal MP.
Daisy, can you explain why MP's vote for you seemed like "normal MP" to you?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Lurkers!

What say you there, fuzzy britches? Feel like talking?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

I'm pretty sleepy now, but I'm sure I'll have contributions in the morning. My top suspects are still Dom, FZ, and anyone who didn't vote in the night poll.

Do you agree with my assessment that the kill likely didn't happen because of a missed PM?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:I'm pretty sleepy now, but I'm sure I'll have contributions in the morning. My top suspects are still Dom, FZ, and anyone who didn't vote in the night poll.

Do you agree with my assessment that the kill likely didn't happen because of a missed PM?
I do not.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Speaking of which:
thellama73 wrote:Yay no death!
And we know there were missing PMs, so maybe whoever was supposed to kill is an absentee? Worth thinking about anyway.
How do we know that? Russ said there were missing PMs, but that the senders had 15 minutes to get them in. He has said nothing since on the subject.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I'll be sticking with my focus on the high posters this game. You know who you are. :eye:

Top ten posters, you've been warned. :D
Bring it. :feb:
thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: Let's all "randomly vote llama"
Bring it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:I'm pretty sleepy now, but I'm sure I'll have contributions in the morning. My top suspects are still Dom, FZ, and anyone who didn't vote in the night poll.

I would just like Russ to double confirm before we assume that, you know? There was some time between stuffs, as epig pointed out.

I am giong to try and collect some thoughts starting now. :noble:

LINKI: Epig, are you saying that llama and MP are on the same team?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I'll be sticking with my focus on the high posters this game. You know who you are. :eye:

Top ten posters, you've been warned. :D
Bring it. :feb:
thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: Let's all "randomly vote llama"
Bring it.
Lmaooo.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:LINKI: Epig, are you saying that llama and MP are on the same team?
:evileye:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Russtifinko wrote:The company was still unsettled by what had happened just a few short hours ago. Some were fearful of sleeping among the enemy now that they had left Beorn's protection.

However, they need not have worried; the rest of those who did sleep was undisturbed by violence. Those who did sleep did so deeply and soundly, still worn out from the previous restless night and the long ride to the forest.
by the way the post is written it does seem as if there may have been no kill pm sent last night. other possibilities would be that a blocked kill or a protected kill happened, but by definition if those things took place then there would still have been some violence.

has russtifinko hosted before? what are his typical tendencies for night post hints and indicators?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:The company was still unsettled by what had happened just a few short hours ago. Some were fearful of sleeping among the enemy now that they had left Beorn's protection.

However, they need not have worried; the rest of those who did sleep was undisturbed by violence. Those who did sleep did so deeply and soundly, still worn out from the previous restless night and the long ride to the forest.
by the way the post is written it does seem as if there may have been no kill pm sent last night. other possibilities would be that a blocked kill or a protected kill happened, but by definition if those things took place then there would still have been some violence.

has russtifinko hosted before? what are his typical tendencies for night post hints and indicators?
You do improv, right?

That means you need to be quick and learn things for yourself so that you can act upon them, yes?

So why are you asking so many questions that just need you to...look?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
I do not think so at all. For the record. I was making sure you weren't being remotely serious.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I do not think so at all. For the record. I was making sure you weren't being remotely serious.
When I put someone else under the hot light, you don't help by asking me what I mean. Hence the evil eye. I wasn't addressing anything to you.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

linki @ epi: are you implying dom is bad
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A Person wrote:linki @ epi: are you implying dom is bad
Implying? No.

But I'll gladly exply:
Dom wrote:I may not be back for the poll, so I am going to vote now. I am placing a vote on MP. I really don't like how he pointed it out so many times to vote nonparticipants. If people want to do this, that's fine, but he seemed to push it. I think K4J made a decent point. :)

Llama, I am not sure why you asked me what you did, but I await your response! :P
followed by
Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:So my immediate thought is to look at the people MP talked about voting for, but then backed away from: Dom and FZ. It is typical of him to cast early doubts on them, then vote for someone else. That way, if they ever get lynched, he can claim he knew they were bad all along. Classic distancing.
I will say that you brought me up and MP capitalized. If he was distancing, would he wait for you to bring me up?

That's not something I can particularly defend against.

anyways,

I meant to vote MP. I voted, but I closed my laptop too quickly I think or something. :/ I'm really glad we lynched him though. I'll try and post more now, but I am staying here for a few more days and my jobs are picking up again.

Also, y'all posted a lot, I had like six or seven pages to read :p
How does closing your laptop too quickly (you think or something) stop your vote from going through?

I'm so tired of bullshit "real life" excuses that just don't make any sense.

Mafia don't even try anymore. :disappoint:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote:
Kylemii wrote:

You do improv, right?

That means you need to be quick and learn things for yourself so that you can act upon them, yes?

Well... not necessarily. The quick on the feet thing only applies to thinking of clever jokes, making up appropriate in-character responses, etc. When you're on stage if someone makes a reference to something you don't know, you can't run off to the side and start Google it. You just make something up instead, something that at least sounds realistic. That doesn't work in mafia, which is a game based in reality.

Improv is all about relying on, listening to, and supporting your scene partners, playing off each others strengths and weaknesses and stuff. Picking up each others' slack. This is a game with 30 players. At least some of which may have some experience and insight on russtifinko's hosting style readily available in their minds. So it's basically a question of spending 15 minutes doing research myself, by analyzing his hosting style, or simply spending 1 minute to type a brief question first and trusting that at least 1 out of 29 other players might know the answer.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Especially for such a minor question.

According to the signup thread this is his first hosted game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Kylemii wrote:

You do improv, right?

Well... not necessarily. The quick on the feet thing only applies to thinking of clever jokes, making up appropriate in-character responses, etc. When you're on stage if someone makes a reference to something you don't know, you can't run off to the side and start Google it. You just make something up instead, something that at least sounds realistic. That doesn't work in mafia, which is a game based in reality.

Improv is all about relying on, listening to, and supporting your scene partners, playing off each others strengths and weaknesses and stuff. Picking up each others' slack. This is a game with 30 players. At least some of which may have some experience and insight on russtifinko's hosting style readily available in their minds. So it's basically a question of spending 15 minutes doing research myself, by analyzing his hosting style, or simply spending 1 minute to type a brief question first and trusting that at least 1 out of 29 other players might know the answer.

I think you missed my meaning. I did improv for years. I acted for years. I don't do it anymore, but I have coached three state champions in two years. :biggrin:

My point was this, "My goodness, all you have you to do is look." You played X-Men and Russ is handling polls exactly how I did. It did not require you to act on your feet or ask anyone in the thread.

Improv is life. It's learning to bullshit properly and appropriately- and(!) - with honor.

So no, it's not just being able to come up with a quick witty jab because the audience wants a laugh- it's being able to THINK, man!

In the sagely words of Incubus: "You better think fast, think fast, cuz you never know what's coming round the bend."

I know what your coaches tell you. I did it for years. I just want to tell you that you should the research when the opportunity is available, because the worst improvisers are the ones who don't look up shit themselves.

Also, the bolded? Game based in reality? XD
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Going through MP's posts:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
What say you, llama, how about a non-poster?
This is MP's first, real on-topic post. Here, MP is clearly trying to warm up to Llama. I think he saw Llama as a threat and wanted to try and get him on his side.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I'm not even sure I will do that, but there's no sense in not discussing it.

Frankly, I thought it was a bit weird that FZ. brought up her point that players could be suspicious for engaging in the contest. It's true baddies could be just as likely to want to win as civvies, but I don't see why that would be any lead whatsoever.

Though I guess it'd be better than randomizing, so. :p
This is MP's first mention of FZ. I don't have much to say on it, but I thought it might be helpful for posterity reasons.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Boogs wrote:I will be busy all day tomorrow with friends and a dance recital my friend is doing, so I will now vote before bed. I don't think anything ever stands out to me on Day 1, but I will randomize.

I am voting for kneel4justice . Sorry poodle
I don't like this vote.

Tempted to throw a vote at Boogs for it, but it just feels too easy. I just can't bring myself to vote for the first random voter.
Just curious why we haven't talked about this at all. If we think MP was distancing, this could be a part of it, no? This is his only post on Boogs (really) and I think he might have been setting himself up to look a little more civvie if things went south for Boogs.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote: Llama, I am not sure why you asked me what you did, but I await your response! :P
Well, I'm about to tell you, if you'll listen.
Dom wrote:Just checking in, Sorry I've been less present than I'd like to be. I've had quite the day!

I see FZ and MP have been talking quite a bit. That doesn't surprise me one bit. Kyle, I think you make a fair point. I would like to read up on this more when I have time. We have until Saturday, which is nice.
This post stuck out to me. I don't know why, but it just felt off. Insincere, perhaps. Just a gut feeling I had. I wanted to get you talking to see if my suspicion remained or went away after you were more vocal. Unfortunately, your response had much less detail than I would have liked. I also think your vote for MP is opportunistic.

Sorry, buddy, but I'm gonna have to vote for you today. I am just not feeling good about you this game.
How strongly do you feel about this, llama?
Here is MP's first mention of me. Again, for posterity.
I personally think MP was trying to warm up to Llama here, trying to get him to trust MP.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Not very strongly, MP, but it's the best I have for now.
Understandable, thanks. Just was curious if it was a weaker or stronger ping since I wasn't sure.

I am getting a 'weird' vibe from Dom, but he seems subdued and distracted to me, not sure about insincere.
Very vague description of why he suspected me-- llama, I think your suspicion is well intentioned, but is, alas, wrong. I think MP was trying to get you to trust him.

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Epig, you've been a bit quieter than your normal self; what are you thinking?
I have no normal self. Image
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Boogs wrote:I will be busy all day tomorrow with friends and a dance recital my friend is doing, so I will now vote before bed. I don't think anything ever stands out to me on Day 1, but I will randomize.

I don't like this vote.

Tempted to throw a vote at Boogs for it, but it just feels too easy. I just can't bring myself to vote for the first random voter.
Posts like these...what is their purpose? What are they meant to accomplish?

1. It expresses a suspicion but an unwillingness to act on it.
2. It may be enough of an impetus for others to vote that way, so that
a. if Boogs (or whoever) is lynched and is bad, the person posting this could say, "I knew something was off with him. Great job guys!"
b. if Boogs (or whoever) is lynched and is good, the person posting this could say, "I'm glad I showed restraint with regard to my own vote."
3. Wouldn't voting for the first person to cast a random vote be, in its own way, a random vote?
There's no purpose other than expressing my current train of thought -- is that not what the thread is for, but to hunt for baddies? I feel I do best when thinking aloud... Yes, often my thoughts are scattered, but it helps me piece together what I feel is right for me after I sort through everything. You of all people should know that.

I don't question what yours or anyone else's posts purpose is, so I'm not sure I understand the purpose of your post here, honestly.
Here is MP's response to Epig about his post on Boogs. This is what kind of got the lynch train rolling on him. Funny that we forgot that it kind of began with his suspicion of Boogs.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Maybe I just need to stick with my gut. But as you said, FZ. always is super eager to get the baddie hunting going, and upon re-read honestly I wasn't feeling the insincere vibe.

Maybe I'll follow you in your Dom vote. Because why not?
Llama, I think this is where you got your list (in addition to the non-voter in night poll stuffs).

I'm going to say that this isn't a bad lead to follow- MP often distances from teammates, but it's wrong when it comes to me.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Ugh, I'll have to vote soon; Daisy and I have a day filled with activities, and I doubt I'll be back in time to vote. I wish I knew what many other players were thinking right now.

And now I have two votes to decide, lol. :P

Linki with juliets: Eh, I personally don't feel Dom was being insincere, but I feel I have hardly any other viable options if I want to avoid: random voting or voting for a random voter or low poster. The only player I felt any sort of ping of possible insincerity was FZ. and I don't feel strongly about that at all. Llama has a pretty good gut when he's civvie, and so far I see no reason to think he's bad, and I do sense Dom being a bit "off" (subdued, but not suspicious), but maybe llama has caught something I haven't. That's the only reason I'm considering it.

What do you think of Dom? I'm used to aggressive Dom and I haven't seen that yet so it does make me wonder.

What are you thinking of doing with your vote?
Again, I see a post dedicated to making Llama feel secure with MP. A post all about removing Llama as a threat without removing him from the game.
I do not see a post where MP is trying to actually look at me as a suspect. The difference between his suspicion of me and his suspicions of FZ and Boogs is that his suspicion of me is predicated on Llama's initial comment. His reason for suspecting me was based on Llama, not himself. That's what I'm seeing. I am not bad and I am certainly on no team with MP.

MovingPictures07 wrote: Hmmmm... that's a good question; is he? Sometimes he is. I just was thinking Pokemon since that's the most recent game I've played with him and he was super aggressive against Bullz while I was in the game (I will refrain from saying more as the game is still in progress) and my encounters with him in the past where we were aggressive against each other, but maybe I've over-simplifying my picture of his gameplay.

Maybe others who have played with him often can help?

And you think the INH thing is worthy of attention? Why? That surprises me a bit. I mean, I disagree with him; I didn't see juliets as mean-spirited at all. But don't you find this to fall under 'normal' behavior for INH? He always has some pretty wacky theories, like Zombies, which follow him almost regardless of alignment. I just feel like an INH vote is a cop-out vote and there's no reason to believe INH's disagreeing with juliets makes him baddie.
I found this post weird because MP has played with me plenty to know the answers to his questions about me.

Anyways, his point on INH makes me feel that INH is likely to not be on MP's team as I don't see MP defending a teammate like that, especially early on.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

Kylemii wrote:The quick on the feet thing only applies to thinking of clever jokes, making up appropriate in-character responses, etc. When you're on stage if someone makes a reference to something you don't know, you can't run off to the side and start Google it. You just make something up instead, something that at least sounds realistic.
I feel like that accurately summarizes my mafia strategy.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:

I think you missed my meaning. I did improv for years. I acted for years. I don't do it anymore, but I have coached three state champions in two years. :biggrin:

My point was this, "My goodness, all you have you to do is look." You played X-Men and Russ is handling polls exactly how I did. It did not require you to act on your feet or ask anyone in the thread.

Improv is life. It's learning to bullshit properly and appropriately- and(!) - with honor.

So no, it's not just being able to come up with a quick witty jab because the audience wants a laugh- it's being able to THINK, man!

In the sagely words of Incubus: "You better think fast, think fast, cuz you never know what's coming round the bend."

I know what your coaches tell you. I did it for years. I just want to tell you that you should the research when the opportunity is available, because the worst improvisers are the ones who don't look up shit themselves.

What is your point here, Epi?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

What is your point here, Epi?
You know, the last fellow to ask me what I thought ended up lynched and pissed upon.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:Here is MP's response to Epig about his post on Boogs. This is what kind of got the lynch train rolling on him. Funny that we forgot that it kind of began with his suspicion of Boogs.
Dom: Who has forgotten this? It's early on Day 2. Nobody has forgotten anything.

MP was bad. He had no suspicions of Boogs unless Boogs was on the other team or Smaug.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Let me stop. Because I know how hard-headed I can be.

Dom- would you like to lynch Boogs?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
You know, the last fellow to ask me what I thought ended up lynched and pissed upon.
Yeah.
I'm just confused as to why we're getting an improv lesson here. :p
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:Here is MP's response to Epig about his post on Boogs. This is what kind of got the lynch train rolling on him. Funny that we forgot that it kind of began with his suspicion of Boogs.
Dom: Who has forgotten this? It's early on Day 2. Nobody has forgotten anything.

MP was bad. He had no suspicions of Boogs unless Boogs was on the other team or Smaug.
Llama suspects me more than he did before because MP may have been distancing. Llama, please correct em if I am wrong here. I am trying to point out other people MP suspected that Llama has not mentioned and explain what I think of MP's suspicion of me.

I am off to bed now.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Lol MP had to go and call Epi quiet. He awakened the monster!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Yeah.
Epignosis wrote:

Llama suspects me more than he did before because MP may have been distancing. Llama, please correct em if I am wrong here. I am trying to point out other people MP suspected that Llama has not mentioned and explain what I think of MP's suspicion of me.

I am off to bed now.
For what it's worth, I think MP knows his own techniques (and how they failed in Pokemon on RM), and so he is doing something different.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:Lol MP had to go and call Epi quiet. He awakened the monster!
I've never won as a civilian an I don't expect to now. But DAMN I like fucking up Mafia. :noble:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Reality as in like... with real life facts and stuff. :p If this were an improv game I could just claim that Russtifinko previously hosted the Olympics in Cincinnati, Ohio way back in 1694 or something like that and the audience would just roll with it.

I don't know what you mean about polls. I was saying that different hosts write failed kills differently in night posts, supplying different levels of information... I mostly read the story posts to see if there are clues about what game mechanics may have been at play, like when the mafia fails to kill or when a lynch is switched, things like that.

In any case I think the night post was most indicative of either a roleblock or a missed PM, otherwise a target name would have been mentioned.

I need to reread the last days lynch period.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Yeah.
I'm kind of enjoying it lol
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Yeah.
I'm kind of enjoying it lol
Best advice I can give? Marry Elohcin.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I don't like this vote.

Just curious why we haven't talked about this at all. If we think MP was distancing, this could be a part of it, no? This is his only post on Boogs (really) and I think he might have been setting himself up to look a little more civvie if things went south for Boogs.
That is one of the posts that made me think voting for MP wasn't a bad idea. It felt like he was buddying up to me, by defending. Random voting is so normal on this site I did not understand why he was going against someone for doing so.
That being said, why aren't you entertaining the idea that I am MP's teammate and that he was defending me and hoping people didn't follow the random vote. Because I know some how people just 'randomly' end up voting the same 'random' person at times. I hope you're not buddying up too. I can see two different sides to this, one good and one bad.
Not sure what I think is more likely right now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I don't like this vote.

That is one of the posts that made me think voting for MP wasn't a bad idea. It felt like he was buddying up to me, by defending. Random voting is so normal on this site I did not understand why he was going against someone for doing so.
That being said, why aren't you entertaining the idea that I am MP's teammate and that he was defending me and hoping people didn't follow the random vote. Because I know some how people just 'randomly' end up voting the same 'random' person at times. I hope you're not buddying up too. I can see two different sides to this, one good and one bad.
I love random voters. They do themselves no favor in the endgame. Some of the mare even obvious.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*Some of the more obvious random voters are also bad liars.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:Lurkers!

What say you there, fuzzy britches? Feel like talking?
After such a long hiatus, I'm feeling rusty. ( I am not, however, feeling Russti, as that would be inappropriate).

I'm hung up on Llama's line (that you quoted) about knowing PMs were missing. I can't get past it. For one, he'd know there were missing PMs if he was on the baddie team, but (and this is a pretty big butt) I can't imagine Llama kowtowing to teammates who wanted to withhold using their power for the day. I know SVS has artfully and tactically used this maneuver, but that's not really his M.O. Let's say that Logan is a civ and didn't send in his power. 1) That's a big slip for him to make in-thread and 2) back to the issue of him being an uber-active player and not wanting to withhold action. He'll wake up to an onslaught tomorrow, but I hope he can delve more into this issue.

Random: Matt is being chatty. And I like that. Sometimes he is like that when he is being managed on a team (Lizzy has handled him quite well in the past, for instance), but I think it's more than he was called out (and Vomperdoodle) for not being as helpful as he could. Matt's a realllllly smart guy, so I'm hoping it's just him feeling comfortable enough to participate more. Mattmatt, I hope you don't take offense of any of that. I know it doesn't sound very polite to insinuate someone is being coached, but that's not precisely what I mean (V&A wouldn't mind being coached by L, if you know what they mean).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:*Some of the more obvious random voters are also bad liars.
Did you accidentally close your laptop before you made your post? ;)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:*Some of the more obvious random voters are also bad liars.
Did you accidentally close your laptop before you made your post? ;)
I don't have a functioning laptop with Internet access, but I just listened to a song that reminded me of what I do have. And she's beautiful and I like holding her, and she ain't the laptop.

It won't make much sense for most, but it does for me:

So I'm off.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Kylemii wrote:Especially for such a minor question.

According to the signup thread this is his first hosted game.
Correct. So I am trying to supply enough information that people can figure out what I am doing.
Kylemii wrote:

As a clarification: there were missed PMs last night.

The possibilities you listed for why a kill did not occur all seem sound to me, and I cannot confirm which of them is the true cause of the peaceful night.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I like Russti's answer here. There's just enough crypticness to allow for anything to be possible regarding the lack of death.

For what it's worth, I didn't find llama's statements about missing PM's to be out of character for him. Given that Russti asked for PM's 15 minutes before deadline, it seems logical to think some people were going to miss the warning announcement and thus miss deadline.

However, I think baddies are less likely in general to miss PM's than lonely civvies are. Baddies have people nudging them behind the scenes, civilians just forget to do stuff.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Elohcin »

Turnip Head wrote:I like Russti's answer here. There's just enough crypticness to allow for anything to be possible regarding the lack of death.

For what it's worth, I didn't find llama's statements about missing PM's to be out of character for him. Given that Russti asked for PM's 15 minutes before deadline, it seems logical to think some people were going to miss the warning announcement and thus miss deadline.

However, I think baddies are less likely in general to miss PM's than lonely civvies are. Baddies have people nudging them behind the scenes, civilians just forget to do stuff.
You never can tell though. I have been part of BTCS groups that were practically non-existent. Members rarely showed up and when they did rarely talked. One of those times we even won!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

[quote="Russtifinko"
As a clarification: there were missed PMs last night.
[/quote]

Boosh.
Mongoose wrote: I'm hung up on Llama's line (that you quoted) about knowing PMs were missing. I can't get past it. For one, he'd know there were missing PMs if he was on the baddie team, but (and this is a pretty big butt) I can't imagine Llama kowtowing to teammates who wanted to withhold using their power for the day. I know SVS has artfully and tactically used this maneuver, but that's not really his M.O. Let's say that Logan is a civ and didn't send in his power. 1) That's a big slip for him to make in-thread and 2) back to the issue of him being an uber-active player and not wanting to withhold action. He'll wake up to an onslaught tomorrow, but I hope he can delve more into this issue.
How did I 'know' that there were PMs missing? Because there were fifteen minutes left when Russ said there were, and a lot of people hadn't checked into the poll and more importantly, I have played lots of mafia games before. If people haven't sent in their PMs by then, odds are they are not going to. Was it certain knowledge? No, but it was certain enough for me to state it with confidence.

Also, my "Bring It" came before MPs, so he may well have been trying to cuddle up to me, but certainly not vice versa.

I appreciate Dom being more forthcoming and his analysis is good. I still think at least one of the people MP mentioned being suspicious of is bad, but I am less sure which one, because FZ said pretty much the exact same thing. I will have to give Boogs another look.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Mongoose wrote:
Random: Matt is being chatty. And I like that. Sometimes he is like that when he is being managed on a team (Lizzy has handled him quite well in the past, for instance), but I think it's more than he was called out (and Vomperdoodle) for not being as helpful as he could. Matt's a realllllly smart guy, so I'm hoping it's just him feeling comfortable enough to participate more. Mattmatt, I hope you don't take offense of any of that. I know it doesn't sound very polite to insinuate someone is being coached, but that's not precisely what I mean (V&A wouldn't mind being coached by L, if you know what they mean).
First, who is Matt? And second, what do you mean by "if you know what they mean". Should that say "if you know what I mean" and if so, I don't know what you mean so could you explain what this means? (How many times can I use the word mean in a sentence?) Anyway, I would appreciate it if you could set me straight on what this is all about.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The following people didn't vote in the night poll:
birdwithteeth
Elohcin
Flyin' High
Kyle
MetalMarsh.

I am going to do a reread of all these players, because I still think my no vote=no kill analysis is correct.

I also looked at MP's posts again, and I don't think his suspicion of FZ was distancing. I think he saw an opportunity to pounce on her statement about contest participation being suspicious, and took it. Not sure about Dom and Boogs yet.

That narrows my vote today down to one of seven people.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Right, of the five missed votes, BWT, FH and MM have literally said nothing on topic this game. Of those three, MM has said the most while saying the least, and hence is the most suspicious.

I am not really feeling Boogs today, so it comes down to MM versus Dom. Fight each other to avoid my vote, you two!

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Hey, I'm at work and just saw the awesome results.
I haven't looked at all the roles and I don't have time, but is it possible that instead of killing, they recruited? It's something that we have on K-site. I skimmed the first few posts and saw llama mentioning the chance of it being the baddies missing PMs. Do hosts let other baddies send in night actions for missing players? Because if so, that would make that option not likely.

I will be back later but I wanted to tell you that after everything that happened with the break in, my husband surprised me and we're going away for a few days, which means I won't be here between Tuesday and Saturday. I'll be back Saturday night. I'm not taking my laptop and I don't have a smart phone (I'm an extinct species, I know), so I won't have internet access at all. I talked to Russ and he said it was okay if I was gone for a few days. I hate when people don't post, so I feel bad about this, but I didn't know in advance that I'll be missing. Anyway, I apologize.

But since I'm going away, I have to give more hours at work today...I'll be back later to catch up and give my thoughts.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
For what it's worth, I think MP knows his own techniques (and how they failed in Pokemon on RM), and so he is doing something different.
OK, that's a very good possibility. I don't know if MP changed his strategy. If he did, what do you make of his actions?
kneel4justice wrote: That is one of the posts that made me think voting for MP wasn't a bad idea. It felt like he was buddying up to me, by defending. Random voting is so normal on this site I did not understand why he was going against someone for doing so.
I wasn't entertaining that idea because I am/was operating under the knowledge that MP very rarely defends teammates. More often than not, he defends people that aren't on his team to get their love and affection. I don't think it makes you civvie, but I think it makes you less likely to be on MP's team.
This was the zeitgeist for the votes that came rolling in for MP, yes, along with his conversation with you about non-participants. I truly wanted to vote after reading your exchange with him, but screwed up closing my laptop. Shitty excuse, yes, but it's the truth.
thellama73 wrote:
How did I 'know' that there were PMs missing? Because there were fifteen minutes left when Russ said there were, and a lot of people hadn't checked into the poll and more importantly, I have played lots of mafia games before. If people haven't sent in their PMs by then, odds are they are not going to. Was it certain knowledge? No, but it was certain enough for me to state it with confidence.

Also, my "Bring It" came before MPs, so he may well have been trying to cuddle up to me, but certainly not vice versa.

I appreciate Dom being more forthcoming and his analysis is good. I still think at least one of the people MP mentioned being suspicious of is bad, but I am less sure which one, because FZ said pretty much the exact same thing. I will have to give Boogs another look.
Llama, I do not think that your comment about PMs indicates a slip. I think you took something that had a very high likelihood of still being true and took it as fact.
I'm hoping to go through a few people today and see what I think. If you're seeing something with metalmarsh, I'll go through their posts today to see if I see anything as well.

FZ, I hope you have a wonderful trip!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Right, of the five missed votes, BWT, FH and MM have literally said nothing on topic this game. Of those three, MM has said the most while saying the least, and hence is the most suspicious.

I am not really feeling Boogs today, so it comes down to MM versus Dom. Fight each other to avoid my vote, you two!
Are you sure you did a reread? I told you all I'd be gone camping this weekend, which was why I missed the night vote.

Are you sure you don't just want me dead and gone? You've done this before.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Right, of the five missed votes, BWT, FH and MM have literally said nothing on topic this game. Of those three, MM has said the most while saying the least, and hence is the most suspicious.

Are you sure you did a reread? I told you all I'd be gone camping this weekend, which was why I missed the night vote.

Are you sure you don't just want me dead and gone? You've done this before.
Camping doesn't mean you're not a killer. Why would I want you dead and gone? I like you. I only want you dead and gone if you are bad. You have the most posts with the least information, which is why I suspect you.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote: Llama, I do not think that your comment about PMs indicates a slip. I think you took something that had a very high likelihood of still being true and took it as fact.
Exactly. Thank you.

Return to “Previous Jobs”