Pac Man (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 63

Re: Mega Man Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:51 pm Also, I just wanna day it really messes with the balance of a game to have four unreplaced inactive townies and it’s a shame that a game that was constructed with such care and was otherwise so much fun was tainted by the town being deprived of two lynches.
I agree. I never modkill, but replacing anybody that late in the game would have thrown it.

Simon (a civilian) forced you (a civilian) to kill Colin (an independent), so if you had gotten your way, you would have deprived the civilians of one more good guy vote. ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:54 pm Why were some roles revealed during the game?
Sloonei's role (Crystal Man).
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:41 pm LC and Kyle, why you basically claim mafia and lynch me?
if DH got lynched it wouldn't have been long before PoE screwed me and Nova, LC was making me really nervous by being basically a genius who was right about everything. We decided our best chance, if we could manage it would be to pile on someone and hope to win the tie, since after that gemini would carry us through, as long as only one of us got lynched per day and no one replaced in, and as long as Nova didn't get lynched first I guess????

we were pretty sure the vote controlled was either you or dizzy and had died already. we basically forgot about the imprisoner until after the fact, but we knew turnip head had targeted speedchuck the night before he was jailed. so we figured that out, and got lucky by nova being jailed, so even though we wouldn't have gemini man today we'd still have him the next day when he was worth even more even if one of the rest of us died.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

thank you LC for depriving Speedchuck of his wincon and putting me back in first place B)
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 466

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh hey we correctly guessed Dyslexicon was the vote forcer that's cool we're smart as fuck.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I still think LC is mafia. :rolleyes:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Kyle wasn't gonna be around to send in the kill and nova wanted to kill Long Con but I was like "Nah son Dyslexicon gotta die today" and wow I really needed that shot to my ego after Firefly Mafia this is the best night.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Balancing this was a cluster.

On the one hand, I had no control over what weapons the mafia will draw. Had Kylemii picked Gravity Man, Bright Man, Metal Man, and Bomb Man, say, this would have truly been a cluster.

On the other, Dr. Light and Mega Man were stacked- one was a limited cop, the other was able to steal powers and do other things, and these two had BTSC. So on that front, I was worried the civilians would be overpowered, especially if Kylemii took something like Snake Man, Skull Man, Crystal Man, and Charge Man.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Draft-Style games would be something I'd love to see more of in the future. Completely bonkers stuff. Coulda gone either way at any point to be fair.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 pm Draft-Style games would be something I'd love to see more of in the future. Completely bonkers stuff. Coulda gone either way at any point to be fair.
I think it ended up balanced, though I do agree that the inactives tipped things in the mafia's favor, but I have no control over that. :shrug:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:19 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 pm Draft-Style games would be something I'd love to see more of in the future. Completely bonkers stuff. Coulda gone either way at any point to be fair.
I think it ended up balanced, though I do agree that the inactives tipped things in the mafia's favor, but I have no control over that. :shrug:
It turned out very balanced I think. Would be funny as hell to see a Draft Game that ended up with a monster team one way or the other.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:22 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:19 pm
It turned out very balanced I think. Would be funny as hell to see a Draft Game that ended up with a monster team one way or the other.
Followed by an upset.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

was originally gonna pick robot masters based on which ones had the coolest sounding names, this would have been a very different game
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

I'm irritated. Will post when less so.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Thanks Epi for providing both of my 2018 wins fam.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I appreciate you coming in. Likewise Dyslexicon.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, in case anyone hadn't figured it out, the colored letters were to spell Cossack's code word "GAMMA."
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:32 pm Also, in case anyone hadn't figured it out, the colored letters were to spell Cossack's code word "GAMMA."
Clever

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks for killing me night 1, seriously (whoever did that). That was the first time that has ever happened to me on The Syndicate.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Good game mafia.

Can honestly say I didn't suspect most of you. That said, I didn't really care about four of the baddies that much.

I never felt like I was in control of my win con this game, but that was a combination of several things... that Wily could have been inactive (killed my motivation for a good portion of the game while I thought this might be the case), that town had less lynches to use for me, that I couldn't actually contribute when it mattered most, and that the last lynch of the game screwed me over for no reason.

But hey, life as an indy.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:58 pm thank you LC for depriving Speedchuck of his wincon and putting me back in first place B)
This actually unreasonably pisses me off. Apparently this competition isn't good for me. You can have it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 240

Post by Quin »

Gemini- novaselinenever
This makes me feel good.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

This may have been one of my better games in a while. 2/5 mafia on Day 1 aint bad.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 323
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I’m satisfied to know I got everyone on the mafia team besides DH

Should’ve done the old “mafia gets priority replacements arguement” because it’s 90% true always

Also I’m dissapointed st the lack of activity the happened this game. I thought the setup itself was great Epi :hug:

But yeah I don’t even care but I’m gonna say it, it’s super shitty the mafia team laid low the entire game and DH basically had to carry them.

I really want to hear Speedchucks thing about inactives
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:33 am Also I’m dissapointed st the lack of activity the happened this game. I thought the setup itself was great Epi :hug:
I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Just as an aside, in DFS mafia. We had practically everyone (minus DH being cranky) participating and it pegged the entire mafia team on the extended day0 and 1 phase.

Because everyone was active.

In this, we had maybe half the players active, and a quarter of them werre semi active at best

Like losing the three inactives who were all town totally screwed us over

I also want to know from Epi why we couldn’t replace into dead player slots. Whatever game mechanic was inhibiting that
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Like had I gone back in I would’ve been jumping down nova’s throat to be lynched. And especially Kyle on that last day.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Regardless of what we all may say though, killing active players isn't a bad strategy. It's not up the the mafia to make sure that they're leaving enough active players alive to generate discussion. Their job is literally the opposite. It's town's responsibility to make up for those losses.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

But still, do it again and I'll make it my sworn duty to ruin you in every game you have the misfortune to play with me from then on. :keys:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:04 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:58 pm thank you LC for depriving Speedchuck of his wincon and putting me back in first place B)
This actually unreasonably pisses me off. Apparently this competition isn't good for me. You can have it.
hey dude i'm sorry. i didn't really mean it. i was just caught up in the rush of victory, i don't really feel that way.

at the end when epi implied that the game wasn't over because of an indie wincon we decided to kill wilgy to try and make sure either one of you could get a survivor win if that's what it was.

i don't actually care about rival meta beyond it being a nice friendly competition with you and a reason to try slightly harder in games, if you want to retire rival meta that's fine. i'm sorry i was being shitty. you're my friend and if this rivalry thing is getting negative in any way we can kill it.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] tbh rival meta is kind of flawed from the start cus the only way to actually advance is to get lucky or to just sign up for more games.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:44 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:04 am
hey dude i'm sorry. i didn't really mean it. i was just caught up in the rush of victory, i don't really feel that way.

at the end when epi implied that the game wasn't over because of an indie wincon we decided to kill wilgy to try and make sure either one of you could get a survivor win if that's what it was.

i don't actually care about rival meta beyond it being a nice friendly competition with you and a reason to try slightly harder in games, if you want to retire rival meta that's fine. i'm sorry i was being shitty. you're my friend and if this rivalry thing is getting negative in any way we can kill it.
um don't i get a say in this

(tbh i don't because i don't think there will be enough games left in the year to let me catch up)
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:33 am I’m satisfied to know I got everyone on the mafia team besides DH

Should’ve done the old “mafia gets priority replacements arguement” because it’s 90% true always

Also I’m dissapointed st the lack of activity the happened this game. I thought the setup itself was great Epi :hug:

But yeah I don’t even care but I’m gonna say it, it’s super shitty the mafia team laid low the entire game and DH basically had to carry them.

I really want to hear Speedchucks thing about inactives
I dunno if I carried anybody, but I'm happy to be perceived as a super good and talented player :grin:

Honestly, and I hope LC knows me well enough to know that when I say this I still think of him as a friend and a good player and a good guy and all that, but I was surprised after all the cards were down with his actions at the end there.

Obviously he didn't know Kyle was Wily, or that Speed was Cossack, or that Speeds only requirement for winning was to have Kyle die, but Sniping me out when he could have and probably should have just let Kyle bite it is funky to me.

Even with Kyle dead, we (the mafia) would have still taken home the W. Though also something to consider is that LC had no way to guarantee that the tie would bend in a favorable way. Dumping his vote onto Chuck and then flipping the lynch onto me (an outted baddie) was in his view the smartest move. Even if it was in the end futile.

Also, I was pissed a little bit that I subbed into a mafia team because I was like "Well shit now they're gonna think I'm bad because I subbed in and everyone knows when you sub in you're mafia"

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

What happened to Kyle's integrity? I thought he was one that people said would definitely never stoop so low as to kill JJJ first night, and to kill exclusively active players?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

props to Dizzy though i was like all in on him being good as soon as he subbed in
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:51 am What happened to Kyle's integrity? I thought he was one that people said would definitely never stoop so low as to kill JJJ first night, and to kill exclusively active players?
Yo Kyle was so sad in BTSC about all that. He was all "This is so dirty I feel so bad but what're ya gonna do" and "Dangit now I can never say I'd never do this ever again dangit"

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:51 am What happened to Kyle's integrity? I thought he was one that people said would definitely never stoop so low as to kill JJJ first night, and to kill exclusively active players?
i misunderstood my rimworld boi
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:44 amat the end when epi implied that the game wasn't over because of an indie wincon ...
I missed this. When was this?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:53 am
Yo Kyle was so sad in BTSC about all that. He was all "This is so dirty I feel so bad but what're ya gonna do" and "Dangit now I can never say I'd never do this ever again dangit"
Uh, damn right.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kyle gained a point on the leader board in this game.

But at what cost?

#1like1prayer
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:38 am Just as an aside, in DFS mafia. We had practically everyone (minus DH being cranky) participating and it pegged the entire mafia team on the extended day0 and 1 phase.

Because everyone was active.

In this, we had maybe half the players active, and a quarter of them werre semi active at best

Like losing the three inactives who were all town totally screwed us over

I also want to know from Epi why we couldn’t replace into dead player slots. Whatever game mechanic was inhibiting that
My DFS play was me

1. Genuinely getting overwhelmed/swamped by *CERTAIN PLAYERS WHO SHALL REMAIN SOCKNONYMOUS* very high post counts
2. Kind of wondering what it's like to chill and not take the game so seriously
3. Intentionally fucking with a majority of you.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

that wasn't actually the plan, even though it ended up that way. we targeted players who we thought would be the hardest to get lynched later on, and players who were on to us, which i guess ended up mostly being players who were already active.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i think jay was mostly picked because he was active, but i don't think i was the one who picked him
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:50 amHonestly, and I hope LC knows me well enough to know that when I say this I still think of him as a friend and a good player and a good guy and all that, but I was surprised after all the cards were down with his actions at the end there.

Obviously he didn't know Kyle was Wily, or that Speed was Cossack, or that Speeds only requirement for winning was to have Kyle die, but Sniping me out when he could have and probably should have just let Kyle bite it is funky to me.

Even with Kyle dead, we (the mafia) would have still taken home the W. Though also something to consider is that LC had no way to guarantee that the tie would bend in a favorable way. Dumping his vote onto Chuck and then flipping the lynch onto me (an outted baddie) was in his view the smartest move. Even if it was in the end futile.
Well, you nailed it already, so I don't see why you'd think it was funky.

From my perspective, it was three Civs and three baddies, PLUS Gemini Man. The fact that the game hadn't ended with Jack's lynch meant, to me, that the Civs still somehow had a chance. I'm still not clear why it didn't end with Jack's lynch.

If the Civs had a chance, then certainly my power would play a part. I could force a baddie lynch. I had to choose to flip the lynch a half hour before the lynch was done. So, I could have chosen to do nothing, and then AT BEST we get a tie between Speedchuck and Kylemii. I asked about how ties were decided, but there was no answer. So I assumed a coin flip.

So my choice was between doing nothing, and crossing my fingers for a coin flip victory, hoping that nova or Gemini weren't going to make an appearance... or ensuring that a baddie died. I think if you consider that, you'll realize that there was nothing 'funky' about what I did. It was the only possible way to try to get a Civ victory. :shrug2: Right?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:00 am i think jay was mostly picked because he was active, but i don't think i was the one who picked him
Wasn't me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:58 am
that wasn't actually the plan, even though it ended up that way. we targeted players who we thought would be the hardest to get lynched later on, and players who were on to us, which i guess ended up mostly being players who were already active.
:shrug2: Well you gave up your right to be let off the hook for it. Forever.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:00 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:50 amHonestly, and I hope LC knows me well enough to know that when I say this I still think of him as a friend and a good player and a good guy and all that, but I was surprised after all the cards were down with his actions at the end there.

Well, you nailed it already, so I don't see why you'd think it was funky.

From my perspective, it was three Civs and three baddies, PLUS Gemini Man. The fact that the game hadn't ended with Jack's lynch meant, to me, that the Civs still somehow had a chance. I'm still not clear why it didn't end with Jack's lynch.

If the Civs had a chance, then certainly my power would play a part. I could force a baddie lynch. I had to choose to flip the lynch a half hour before the lynch was done. So, I could have chosen to do nothing, and then AT BEST we get a tie between Speedchuck and Kylemii. I asked about how ties were decided, but there was no answer. So I assumed a coin flip.

So my choice was between doing nothing, and crossing my fingers for a coin flip victory, hoping that nova or Gemini weren't going to make an appearance... or ensuring that a baddie died. I think if you consider that, you'll realize that there was nothing 'funky' about what I did. It was the only possible way to try to get a Civ victory. :shrug2: Right?
I guess I kinda talked my way through it huh.

I mean I get why you did it, and its no skin off my back. I think Epi was holding out to see if Kyle bit one. Which could have been possible after the Jack lynch if I guess certain people did or didn't vote, or if certain powers were used a certain way. I dunno. I'd have to re-check or w/e and see who was alive at what time. Like, if you guys had actually managed to lynch Kyle via coin flip or if Wilgy had shown up and lynched Kyle, there you go Cossack gets his win. Calling it early would've robbed him of that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

"Funky" with respect to the idea that I didn't want to get lynched and I'm mad that I did get lynched. There.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:02 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:58 am
:shrug2: Well you gave up your right to be let off the hook for it. Forever.
i've never needed to be let off the hook for that before so it probably won't effect my life much

Return to “Previous Jobs”