No votes

Total votes: 3
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 5]

Post by bronana »

and like if arete is a wolf, I don't know how else they could have reacted

if the team was vulgard dya arete and Sunbae claims like... wtf else are they gonna do to have any shot at winning?
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by nutella »

arete's first post about vul
Arete wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:42 am I'm pretty sure Vul is already out of his wolfrange from his linguistic analysis of SPF but there are a couple points in his posts that are very yikes

right now I would call him like 98 percent town but I should have a more confident read later and this isn't at sheepable territory yet

(for the unfamiliar, Vul and I have highly accurate reads on each other, essentially 100 percent accurate discounting third parties)
can be teammate setting up for the more confident godread later tbh

hrm
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

and then theres the long post explaining the godread at EOD1

with the caveat section....

i can't unsee this now actually
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

nutella what do you make of dizzy voting you

what do you think of dizzy i guess too (everyone)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

really dont love arete's eod1

onto their sod2 have kinda mixed feelings but also remembering that i liked chloe's sod2. but feel like both slots fall off later

mrrrr
[VOTE: arete] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:10 am nutella what do you make of dizzy voting you

don't really think the post on D2 where he specifically shades Vul as being potentially a wolf with Dya happens if he's a wolf with Vul and Dya
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:10 am nutella what do you make of dizzy voting you

i have dizzy as fairly strong town in general, as for his sr of me i think it's the kind of silly contrarian take that town dizzy has fun digging into. if he's somehow actually the wolf here and trying to sow a seed for later, i dont know why he would choose me
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Arete wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:14 am

don't really think the post on D2 where he specifically shades Vul as being potentially a wolf with Dya happens if he's a wolf with Vul and Dya
this yeah, and generally i think dizzy's contributions to the game have been from an uninformed perspective, insightful in the unique way he is as town, and maybe this is unfair to the wolves but i think a wolf team with dizzy on it would have been better positioned in general (and specifically he wouldnt have cast that shade on vul at a time when he was widely townread)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

so what do you think arete?

do you think syn is the wolf? if not syn where next?
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:19 am so what do you think arete?

do you think syn is the wolf? if not syn where next?
yes I think Syn's the wolf

I feel like I've been pretty clear on that point??

I'm in the process of writing up a longer point explaining my locks + PoE, right now I have Marl/Dizzy/c4/Nut as locks and SPF/Syn as PoE, I'm trying to figure out which of you and Bronana I should stake the game on being town (I think you're both villagers but I have room in my PoE for one more person, so)
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

arete the wolfiest thing about you today is the fact that i'm even in your POE lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

@Syn - you seem to feel pretty strongly that the final wolf is outed wolf. can you write a longer post explaining your scumread on him in more detail? if you are actually town then maybe this will help us understand your POV more
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

wheres your head at spf
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

(ill be honest i think syn picked me to troll me lmao)
staypositivefriend
Hitman

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:27 am wheres your head at spf
i dunno, ive been out all evening and just opened the thread. mostly im just really hoping that syn being chopped ends the game because it's going to be stressful if it doesn't
staypositivefriend
Hitman

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:27 am (ill be honest i think syn picked me to troll me lmao)
yeah his initial reasoning for wolfreading you felt a little like a meme read lol
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

going back to [VOTE: syn] aubergine for today but appreciating the pressure on arete

i just reread tangy's d1 iso and feel p good again about that slot being the wolf (her placement of the flipped wolves on lists/general treatment of them isn't inspiring, plus some of her modes of interaction with others)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

nutella talk to me about how tangrowth normally approaches games/bros and how do they normally play as wolf/villa
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:03 am nutella talk to me about how tangrowth normally approaches games/bros and how do they normally play as wolf/villa
i dont think i have a super great grasp on that sorry but i can try

she took a pretty long hiatus and i think her style has changed a bit from the years i played with her most

as i'm sure you're aware one of the main things she's known for is hyperposting, but that's gone down a ton in recent years as she's much more busy irl and stuff, but i do think there's a mode she still gets into as a villager where genuine passion/interest in solving the game even if she doesnt have time to read everything shows through, and i don't really think i saw that here -- her time in thread felt more like work/obligation to post, feeling pressure to produce content in a way that is more wolf indicative for her

besides that my somewhat confbiased gut instincts are
- the placement/treatment of kza/dya/vulgard in her lists and such fits with how she would treat teammates
- the way she addressed some other players in a more banter-y manner, plus her wordy townreads on me and dizzy, could be pockety/trying to establish rapport with villagers
- i don't want to weigh emotional stuff too highly but i think she got rattled at things to an extent and with a tone that i found surprising -- namely (1) her reaction to my teasing about her one really long wordy paragraph and (2) her reaction to kza being a push/viable wagon at eod + generally she seemed to play up feeling out-of-touch at eod if that makes sense
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

talk to me more about that last part? (the rattled one)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:18 am talk to me more about that last part? (the rattled one)
mmm i feel bad reading too much into emotional reactions like that but in both of those instances she just kinda came across as taken aback and snarky/snappish in a way that actually kinda reminds me of my own wolf play sometimes, while i expect town tangy to be more comfortable joking around and more cooperative/receptive to other povs
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

does she normally get taken aback as a wolf?

would you expect her to take it in her stride as both alignments?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by nutella »

here are some of the relevant posts to that (again i feel kinda dirty with this lol, sorry tangy your emotional reactions were and are valid regardless of your alignment) - and this also includes her defending kza/questioning the push there

Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:35 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:33 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:26 pm I'm perhaps not going to come close to matching a fair portion of this playlist through sheer reads and/or solving methods. That's not really my strength, especially this early on, and even more so with people I don't know and entering a tense environment with an intimidating playerlist that I felt and feel more so on the outer edges of for the most part. I understand why people are explaining pleasantries as things I do, and I appreciate the kind thoughts that underlie such an association, so thanks, really. It is very important to me that people are having fun, particularly with such an enamored group of players, but I do think I may have been less concerned about the discordance in such a way that it would be easier to find my footing if I had TMI right now, even if I'd still try to put everyone at more ease publicly. As it stands... I just sort of feel like I'm dipping my toes in the pool, trying to get a feel for things, and if that means people are going to be hesitant to town read me because I'm hurling softballs or whatever, that's fine I guess, but I just don't feel like waiting for me to produce is a good way to find me as town. I guess I don't know where I fit in with this town at all yet, and that's not a comforting spot to be in... I like feeling like I have a specific purpose. I realize someone could just say well, make reads, do your own thing, but I am not going to force reads that I don't have (hence the questions), and I don't function well in a corner. I'm not expecting anyone to help me with that, it's my place to try to optimize how I can help win us this game, just musing aloud about it. I'm probably >rand in terms of being a self-oriented person, and I'll try to keep such perspective to a minimum and let you all figure me out or find me however you'd like, but I have a direct responsibility to make myself easier to find from my end too, and I wanted these things said nonetheless because I feel like at least some players will struggle to find me based on what's been said already. Anyway, without further ado, a reads list.
this is SO MANY words and i dont have a GODDAMN clue what it says
????? okay, that's fine I guess. You don't really have to. If it's helpful to someone, great, if not then whatever.
Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:51 pm
outed wolf wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 pm Eg tangrowths focus on arete at this time like EOD isn't v soon
I'm aware that it's EoD, I'm responding to things I was notified of.
Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:51 pm This is firmly aggravating.
Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:54 pm
KZA wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:30 pm
Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:38 am c4, dya and KZA are in the "no impressions made" club and I would like them to play the game. I do not townread c4 for a carefully voiced scumread (?) on SPF. That's in any average wolf's wolfrange and I think SPF is too quick to clear them regardless of alignment.

dya and KZA just haven't talked about the game much yet. Dya got offended based on a single accusation if I read that correctly, and KZA 5-posted and dipped.
Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:12 am I could say similar things about KZA, for that matter. Except KZA's ISO is even worse. Not only does it have fewer posts, but its only attempt at engagement is a thin townread on SPF. Also, bows out of reading Gavial instead of even trying. Terrible look so far. The point about "looking out of touch with the thread" also applies here. Dizzy just above me is open about the fact they won't engage with the game (not sure how to read that at the moment). KZA here is low-efforting and being quiet about it.

Stupid read, but KZA and Dizzy aren't W/W based on that. I doubt they would both do this as wolves, and in such a different manner, too. If they wanted to meme and become the slankwolf collective, they'd either both do it like Dizzy or both like KZA. I understand if people consider this read stupid, though.
sorry to bring up old stuff, I've been working a lot and not really posting

wanna walk me through this 0-100? I don't really see how you made this progression when I had 0 posts between those 2
I like this post mildly. Otherwise I got nothing from KZA I think.

I don't exactly know why he's being voted, I guess I need to continue reading, or can someone summarize it super quickly for me? I'm assuming it's just a KZA and Gavial are the dual "can't tell if they're town" votes, like someone who is voting KZA tell me why that's better than Gavial I guess is what I'm wondering.
Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:54 pm
Arete wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:52 pm tbf I don't think 'not caring about this EoD' is a scumtell for Tangy necessarily

I don't think literally anyone here cares about the EoD and you can't possibly all be wolves
I care about the EoD, it's why I'm here instead of grading.
Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:55 pm
sunbae wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:54 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:51 pm This is firmly aggravating.
eh no need for it to be from my stuff i hope, just a "tangys been posting fine but nothing has made me go 'oh town!' so we'll worry about it later" thing
No, I just detest that I'm being told I don't care when I'm literally spending every ounce of free energy that I have on it, that's all, I'll be fine.
Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:58 pm I don't really care who dies of the two I guess, just had one minor good vibe on one KZA post and nothing with Gavial, but they're both not really helping move the game along. It sucks that we have to worry about this in this game.
Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:58 pm So from that standpoint I guess I don't care, but I am very much otherwise invested in this game outcome and I'd really really really really like to talk to people about this tomorrow if it's relevant because I don't get it all.
Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:59 pm I don't know that I have updated reads to give, look at my ISO if you want to know what I think. Fingers crossed on the result. I'm still having fun even if this has been not fun coming back to this thread right now tbh.
Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:00 pm
nutella wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:59 pm tangy trending down as well actually significantly
Please talk to me about this with utmost priority tomorrow.

also also at eod her main push seems to be hally which is ??????????
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:23 am does she normally get taken aback as a wolf?

would you expect her to take it in her stride as both alignments?
again i do not feel equipped to make generalizations such as this as ive hardly played much with her recently
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

like, i dont have a ton of cross-alignment data to back this up, im just saying my gut is that her tone feels more >rand wolf and anecdotally dissimilar to the couple recent town games ive seen
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

i will say that i went into sod2 with a fairly strong wolfread on her slot and then felt like chloe villaged it up so i felt better, and then chloe dropped off again later and the slot's been back to main poe since
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

so talk to me about the recent town games then

whats the diff to you
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dya also hard shielded both tangy and chloe until post-vulgardgate at which point they shifted into pushing the slot which isnt a good look imo
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

[VOTE: syn] aubergine
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

can you read dyas iso at some point and gimme some takes?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:30 am so talk to me about the recent town games then

whats the diff to you
as town she posts and interacts more and more free-flowingly, kinda like me in a sense, establishing a lot of interaction with the player base and generally displaying more comfort in thread. it's possible the postcap affected this on d1 as it did for me but my impression wasnt really that she was straining against the postcap at any point or having to resist posting more, it felt like the opposite in that she felt pressured to post and her two main readlist posts were more out of obligation

i feel like i'm repeating the same vague things and not being specific lol sorry
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:35 am can you read dyas iso at some point and gimme some takes?
yeah, i mean you more or less know how ive felt about most of dya's posts throughout the game but i'll go back in now that theyve flipped for sure and will prob mainly focus on their mentions of tang/chloe/syn and arete
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

all g just tryna figure out whats your head at (i know theres a lot of repetition at this stage of the gamelol)
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:26 am arete the wolfiest thing about you today is the fact that i'm even in your POE lol
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Post by Dyslexicon »

I started reading all scum's ISO. Haven't read most of Vulgard's posts for example. And then, lol, I think his first post also point towards Nut as town pretty heavily, so... But I really wanted it to be Nut.

Anyway. Lettuce see what comes up as I finish the readings at some point, which a lot of people if not all already have done, but I want to do it myself as well.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Arete] aubergine

:llama:
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 287

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Still making my way through dya's ISO
Off of memory alone, nut's constant metronoming on dya would be impressive if w/w
Progression cases are bad.
Marluxion
The Mark
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Marl

Post by Marluxion »

The curse of marl and dyachei never randing the same alignment continues
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

nutella wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:52 pm yeah plus syn's posts lmao i think it's just over
It really did feel weird how with very little info about the game state he was convinced dya was a villager. Like to the point where he was gambling on being yeeted today if they were mafia.

Feels like "if dya is going down I'm sure as hell not staying around to fight this alone" mentality kinda.
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Syn wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:43 pm ride-or-die shielded a wolf
Ye
I've been in the same spot before
If you are w it really blows, but this doesn't prove you lack TMI or anything since the exact reason you'd do it if it doesn't save them from the yeet is to spew them town if you die or make it look like you don't have TMI from your overconfidence after
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

outed wolf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:37 am @Marluxion can you talk about aretes wolfgame when you get a chance

how does he normally treat wolfbros, does he like to bus? is he likely to ignore wolfbros until absolutely necessary?
I'm like the last person you want to hear talk about aretes wolfgame

If you read that iso from the game they linked you'll see I was the one shielding them on they day we yeeted them for the win (even if I did end up making the right vote in the end)
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

@Arete if you think the last lord is syn can you case Chloe for me

I want to see where your head is at and your thinking on them and I think of all 3 people in the slot you'd be beat at reading Chloe
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Syn »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:27 am @Syn - you seem to feel pretty strongly that the final wolf is outed wolf. can you write a longer post explaining your scumread on him in more detail? if you are actually town then maybe this will help us understand your POV more
no thank you
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

nutella wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:31 am dya also hard shielded both tangy and chloe until post-vulgardgate at which point they shifted into pushing the slot which isnt a good look imo
this is hook line and sinker WIFOM, nutella

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Marluxion wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:26 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:52 pm yeah plus syn's posts lmao i think it's just over
It really did feel weird how with very little info about the game state he was convinced dya was a villager. Like to the point where he was gambling on being yeeted today if they were mafia.

Feels like "if dya is going down I'm sure as hell not staying around to fight this alone" mentality kinda.
surely my CONFIRMED WOLF PARTNER DYA would have helped me not be in that position, then, unless you think the two wolves were discordant and doing their own individual thing

instead you have nutella saying that dya changing their tune on my slot after they went into what we now know is anti-spew mode confirms me as their partner

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Syn wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:55 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:31 am dya also hard shielded both tangy and chloe until post-vulgardgate at which point they shifted into pushing the slot which isnt a good look imo
this is hook line and sinker WIFOM, nutella
i mean really

dya is a confirmed wolf, we know this now

dya knows they're a wolf

dya knows they have no chance, that's why they were acting the way they did

so dya, wolf who knows they're going over, spews her partner, who is currently busy sinking any possible chance they have of survival, because... why?

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

you realize that theory only works if I'm town, right

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

i sub in with vulgard caught and dya next on the block

you think I'm the last wolf

so me, the last wolf, who subs in with every single member of his team caught, dead, or in anti-spew, decides to ride-or-die shield the wolf in anti-spew, absolutely tanking my win-con, because, uh... I'm expecting you guys to eventually settle on the right layer of WIFOM to derpclear me? Or something?

what is the game plan here

ImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

what is the game plan as a villager?
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

being cool and fun

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”