[Endgame] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149

Re: [Day 20] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Elohcin »

With suspicions of llama and timmer in mind, I'm wondering if I should have voted Ishar instead. I had a difficult time deciding between him and Nev.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 224

Post by Epignosis »

My IP address at work was blacklisted, so I couldn't even see the results of the poll.

Probably for the best. :blush:

I'm having a drink and will get up the post soon.

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Epignosis wrote:My IP address at work was blacklisted, so I couldn't even see the results of the poll.

What does that mean???
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kate wrote:
Epignosis wrote:My IP address at work was blacklisted, so I couldn't even see the results of the poll.

What does that mean???
Evidently one of the computers on our IP address is being used by a Trojan to send malicious things, and so the system automatically blocked my IP.

What it means in a practical sense is that I cannot access the site from work.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 309

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 20: And the Honor No More

A repugnant bickering, vile and full of bitterness, waxed hotly among the party after they had commissioned Eternia’s heroic champion into the foul earth of the Dark Hemisphere. Accusations of betrayal bounded from one bitter individual to the next.

A threesome readied their weapons, for they believed Neviera was a traitor and now a foe to Eternia.

Dissenters watched in horror and could only hope that the allegation was true.

But before anyone could lay hold of him, the weeping Nevinera drew a large knife and screamed as he tore up the underside of one forearm, and then the other. The arterial spurting colored the lifeless land upon which they trod.

As the anguished swan song burned itself into everyone else’s minds, they witnessed the unconscious male form shift into a feminine physique.

The princess’s beauty would have been as marvelous in death as in life, but the pained expression of her grief from losing her brother and being accused of treachery contorted her loveliness into a contempt for life and all things good.

Nevinera has been lynched. He was Princess Adora / She-Ra.
It is now Night 20. You have 24 hours to send in your PMs.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 264

Re: [Night 20] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by LittleTiger »

:mad:
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Man! This stinks.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

well that is just awful.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Effective immediately, Nevinera has replaced Ishar Morrad Chuain.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:Effective immediately, Nevinera has replaced Ishar Morrad Chuain.
Oh great. I was planning to lynch Ishar tomorrow, but now I feel bad.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Nevinera »

Don't hurt me!!
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252

Post by Flyin' High »

RIP Nevinera. :(

Welcome to the game Nevinera. :biggrin:
ImageImage

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 248

Post by timmer »

Argh, I have no idea what is going on in this game anymore.
My siggie.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epi offered, and it sounded like fun.
I'm completely new though, so go easy on me!
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

:haha:

Pretty hilarious and so fun. Too bad you will probably be lynched again.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I've made my peace. But it would be cool if we could lynch a bad guy this time instead.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote:I've made my peace. But it would be cool if we could lynch a bad guy this time instead.
Whom do you suggest?

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I'm afraid I have no idea.

I now know it wasn't Ishar.. not that I ever really thought it was - he just seemed like a good target since he wasn't contributing anything to our chances.

The more I think about that archer parable, the more it seems like it was pointing the finger at one of your clique of mutual trust. I had thought that was you, because of the description of the period surrounding your first resurrection, but there are a few leaps in that logic.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

I agree that the tale of the archer is something we should likely be paying attention to. After all, it seems all of the other night polls have had importance to the game.

So the "circle of trust" includes me, BF, llama, Elohcin, and Timmer.

Of that group, I'd say Timmer is who I least trust at this point (sorry friend!) because he's the only non-civvie of that group and since we don't know our win conditions, we just assumed we could win with Timmer.

My only fear comes with continuing to try lynching him when 3 times now that has failed and someone else has died.

But I just can't fathom that he can remain unlynchable forever. After all, we had to lynch MP 3 or 4 times for it to finally stick.

Or it's not Timmer and one of the civvies has turned to the dark side. But I have seen no indication of that happening!

Maybe I'll try to read back through every single one of Epignosis' posts today and see if I missed anything.
ImageImage

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Nevinera wrote:I'm afraid I have no idea.

I now know it wasn't Ishar.. not that I ever really thought it was - he just seemed like a good target since he wasn't contributing anything to our chances.

The more I think about that archer parable, the more it seems like it was pointing the finger at one of your clique of mutual trust. I had thought that was you, because of the description of the period surrounding your first resurrection, but there are a few leaps in that logic.
I have to agree that I thought the same thing about the story of the archer. I already had suspicions of llama before the story, but being that I had trusted him for so long, I didn't want to make any accusations. It was only after the archer parable that I brought it up (if memory serves me right). Even still, I find it difficult to pursue llama for a lynch just yet.

Let's look at Day 17 -

"Hands eager for blood seized DisgruntledPorcupine and beat him. Lightning split the heavens, and in the wake of its flash, the face of DisgruntledPorcupine had become the stoic face of Ishar Morrad Chuain, but the act of throwing him overboard could not be retracted.

Ishar Morrad Chuain’s expression remained flat as he fell over starboard side and became caught in the net that hung over it. He struggled to right himself and eventually pulled himself back on deck."

What role could Ishar have been(Nevinara be) that he was saved from this lynch switch even though he was an inactive player? :ponder:

Linki with FH, I agree. I trust Timmer the least out of the group you mentioned. I never really trusted Timmer, tbh.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I don't think FH can be bad since she stuck up for She-Ra so heavily. Snake Mountain hasn't been NKing and the only two inactive people at the time were BF and Ishar. FH says that she thinks BF is good, so it doesn't look good for poor Nevinera today.

FH, I would remind you that we don't know the identity of Moss Man. It is possible he is still among us, and he can never be lynched. Sine he can never be lynched, I don't think it out of the realm of possibility that timmer has the same power, especially due to the cosmic nature of his role.

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

thellama73 wrote:I don't think FH can be bad since she stuck up for She-Ra so heavily. Snake Mountain hasn't been NKing and the only two inactive people at the time were BF and Ishar. FH says that she thinks BF is good, so it doesn't look good for poor Nevinera today.

FH, I would remind you that we don't know the identity of Moss Man. It is possible he is still among us, and he can never be lynched. Sine he can never be lynched, I don't think it out of the realm of possibility that timmer has the same power, especially due to the cosmic nature of his role.
I don't know if it Is just me but you seem to be sticking up for Timmer an awful lot lately?
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote:I don't think FH can be bad since she stuck up for She-Ra so heavily. Snake Mountain hasn't been NKing and the only two inactive people at the time were BF and Ishar. FH says that she thinks BF is good, so it doesn't look good for poor Nevinera today.
Trusting that someone is not bad is very different from trusting that their judgment of another is correct. Now, if you are confident that FH is good, and FH says 'I am extremely confident that BF is good', then that's another story.
thellama73 wrote: FH, I would remind you that we don't know the identity of Moss Man. It is possible he is still among us, and he can never be lynched. Sine he can never be lynched, I don't think it out of the realm of possibility that timmer has the same power, especially due to the cosmic nature of his role.
I'd almost take the *existence* of that character to imply that recruitment is roughly impossible (or at least strips powers somehow). How could the civvies win if there was an unlynchable baddie?

That said, I rather agree about Timmer. If he is Zodac, that character is super powerful in the series - able to take on snake mountain basically solo. It also wouldn't make sense for him to have an objective like "everyone else dies" - the character was not 'good', but he wasn't universally destructive; he had a specific person to kill, and he did whatever he had to to kill that person.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Elohcin wrote:

I don't know if it Is just me but you seem to be sticking up for Timmer an awful lot lately?
I'm not sticking up for timmer at all. I explicitly stated I wanted to lynch him. But I have become convinced that he is unlynchable, and I don't want to try for fear of him killing us all off.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Oh. Even though he had me lynched, and appears to intend to do so again, I'm fairly confident that llama is good now. Or at least was, fairly recently.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote: I'd almost take the *existence* of that character to imply that recruitment is roughly impossible (or at least strips powers somehow). How could the civvies win if there was an unlynchable baddie?
That is an extremely good point that I hadn't thought of before. As I have said before, I have seen no evidence to make me think there are recruits.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

For some reason I have access today (even though my IP is still listed as blocked).

At any rate, again, if I get all PMs in I will do the Night post and we can continue.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 20: The Wastelands

It was as though the party had lost its way in every sense of the phrase. They wandered aimlessly through a wilderness so bereft of life that one could taste death. But they had experienced much death, and the their tongues seemed acclimated to it.

“I can be silent no longer,” said Nevinera to the shock of all. “What we are doing is wrong and driving us to madness. So I can be silent no longer.”

“Yet you will,” came a voice the rode upon a sudden wind.

When the fierce gale had passed, Nevinera was a tree, doomed to die in so barren a place.

Nevinera has been killed by Zodac.
It is now Day 21. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Re: [Day 21] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Kate »

Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'm so confused. :ponder:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

well, game's still not over, so I guess we have more killing to do. I sure don't know who, though.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think everyone else here is civvie besides timmer. I think we have to try and lynch him again or he will just continue to kill us off. If we can't kill him, then that must mean that there is still a baddie left and if he is able to redirect his lynch as before, maybe he will get the lone baddie. I don't really see any other option.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Well, I want to rush this as much as possible, so I am voting. If everyone votes right away, maybe we can move on. There's a only a few of us left.

TIMMER!

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

What llama says makes sense. I say we try Timmer one more time. If he still doesn't die, maybe we ought to look amongst ourselves for a traitor. I'm not voting just yet, though. I want to hear what FH and BF think.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Yes, since Zodac is the only role killing then I think it stands to reason that he's not on the side of the civvies.

And Timmer has been somewhat evasive when we discuss him as of late.

So yeah, I'm down for trying again.

He can't be unlynchable if he's the role that the civvies need gone to win.

Hopefully he's used up whatever protections he had.

*Votes Timmer*
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

BF hasn't appeared to even log onto the site since mid-day Monday...hopefully he'll check in today.

And I agree, if we are successful in lynching Timmer and somehow the game doesn't end, then we need to look for a traitor. But in a way, I see Timmer as someone I've been trusting so if he's bad then it will still fit in with the Archer's tale I think (at least from my perspective).
ImageImage

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Alright. I'm on board.
*votes Timmer*
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Flyin' High wrote:But in a way, I see Timmer as someone I've been trusting so if he's bad then it will still fit in with the Archer's tale I think (at least from my perspective).
I was just rereading the role list, and I came across this.
Epignosis wrote:Bow - Scouts for a member of The Horde each night. If he finds one, he shoots an arrow and role blocks the player. If he finds Princess Adora, he recruits her, earning BTSC. Has BTSC with Glimmer and Madame Razz.
I think the Archer's tale must be a reference to this, since Bow is the only Archer in the roles and it fits with him searching for a woman.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If all votes are in, I will expedite the Day period.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

thellama73 wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:But in a way, I see Timmer as someone I've been trusting so if he's bad then it will still fit in with the Archer's tale I think (at least from my perspective).
Epignosis wrote:Bow - Scouts for a member of The Horde each night. If he finds one, he shoots an arrow and role blocks the player. If he finds Princess Adora, he recruits her, earning BTSC. Has BTSC with Glimmer and Madame Razz.
I think the Archer's tale must be a reference to this, since Bow is the only Archer in the roles and it fits with him searching for a woman.
Oh, so maybe the Archer's tale was telling Bow to check Nevinera to find Princess Adora and it had nothing to do with finding the last baddie then?

I have wondered why Princess Adora/She-Ra never appeared to be found by Bow but figured the answer for that would have to wait until postgame.
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Quote fail, let me try again.
thellama73 wrote:
Bow - Scouts for a member of The Horde each night. If he finds one, he shoots an arrow and role blocks the player. If he finds Princess Adora, he recruits her, earning BTSC. Has BTSC with Glimmer and Madame Razz.
Oh, so maybe the Archer's tale was telling Bow to check Nevinera to find Princess Adora and it had nothing to do with finding the last baddie then?

I have wondered why Princess Adora/She-Ra never appeared to be found by Bow but figured the answer for that would have to wait until postgame.
ImageImage

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Flyin' High wrote: I have wondered why Princess Adora/She-Ra never appeared to be found by Bow but figured the answer for that would have to wait until postgame.
I'm not sure if we would know whether they found each other or not. At this point, we know She-Ra is dead, and Bow may well be. There are a lot of dead people without revealed roles.

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

thellama73 wrote:
Flyin' High wrote: I have wondered why Princess Adora/She-Ra never appeared to be found by Bow but figured the answer for that would have to wait until postgame.
I'm not sure if we would know whether they found each other or not. At this point, we know She-Ra is dead, and Bow may well be. There are a lot of dead people without revealed roles.
If Bow is dead then I must have a huge error on my spreadsheet. You saying that actually confuses the heck out of me.
ImageImage

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Flyin' High wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
If Bow is dead then I must have a huge error on my spreadsheet. You saying that actually confuses the heck out of me.
I don't know he is (I don't seem to know much of anything these days) but I just said it's a possibility.

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Elohcin, do you know have any idea about Bow's current status?

Because I may have a huge error on my spreadsheet that completely changes who I'm trusting based on this current conversation.
ImageImage

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Flyin' High wrote:Elohcin, do you know have any idea about Bow's current status?

Because I may have a huge error on my spreadsheet that completely changes who I'm trusting based on this current conversation.
I believe Bow is alive. Looking in my records, I believe he is still with us. I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to Bow and your spreadsheet :D
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Elohcin wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:Elohcin, do you know have any idea about Bow's current status?

I believe Bow is alive. Looking in my records, I believe he is still with us. I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to Bow and your spreadsheet :D
You and your vague hints! Can't you be more outspoken and less cautious?

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

thellama73 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

You and your vague hints! Can't you be more outspoken and less cautious?
:haha: You can ask MP why I will most likely always be a cautious player. You did see his dinner last night, right? Socks! Yummy. :daisy:

Return to “Previous Jobs”