62%

Total votes: 13
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 117

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 6

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:44 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:27 am Guys.

Epi is bad and just no you'd

You are following a now you.

When did Epi want me dead prior or suspect me for being bad? What behavior of mine makes me indy before voting me?

Jack I would like for you to explain your poe. I trust you amd I do not want you to die.
I don't care that you "suspected" me first, and neither should anyone else. That isn't how this works, and you know that.

I don't care that I did not suspect you of being the killer until recently, and neither should anyone else. That isn't how this works, and you know that.

What behaviors should we be looking for in identifying an independent killer?
3rd party behaviors normally reflect a fringe playstyle that very much goes with the flow tendency in most cases. Observable patters of this can be seen in their "hunting" because it needs to not draw as much heat. It does vary from person to person, but the players that are hardest to read, or I suppose, are being harder to read than their meta entails should be looked at. I would say you fall into this category.

In a scenario where the mafia or other killing parties are weaker than normal, I can also see a scenario where a 3rd party openly supa towns if their record has been good. MacDougall falls into this category, but I think this is less likely than the first due to the many kill angle nature of this game.

Lastly, an indi can be observed by unciv like tendencies. This can be observed through ulterior motives, information or ability leaking, or recognition of nonsensical conclusions. I believe Colin and Sloonei fit this one.

In spite of all this, unless Sloonei is town and knew that the kill was somehow negated, it is more likely that the kill was missed. Perhaps it was Daisy, perhaps it was Lux. Hard to say when there's a wallflower in play.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:45 am I see a no kill and I assume it was prevented by night actions.

Wilgy accuses me of “bullshit” while voting for another player. We only have one bad guy left.
Yes, but there are multiple 3rd parties. We don't know what they do and we don't know how they win. 1 "baddie" to slay but 3 in total possibly that are only trying to cover their own ass. That assumption of yours could very much be forced to ensure you weren't lynched.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:45 am I see a no kill and I assume it was prevented by night actions.

Wilgy accuses me of “bullshit” while voting for another player. We only have one bad guy left.
Yes, but there are multiple 3rd parties. We don't know what they do and we don't know how they win. 1 "baddie" to slay but 3 in total possibly that are only trying to cover their own ass. That assumption of yours could very much be forced to ensure you weren't lynched.
I don’t need to do anything to ensure I’m not being lynched.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

We also do know that only Deathstroke needs to die for town to win.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:46 pm We also do know that only Deathstroke needs to die for town to win.
Yes, but do the pther 3rd party players need to survive? A deflection or forced push could be a direct result of that need to surive of other third party just as much as deathstroke.

Hell, Prometheus or time mage man may be stalling for time to achieve their win conditions by not actually hunting for all we know.
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:46 pm We also do know that only Deathstroke needs to die for town to win.
Yes, but do the pther 3rd party players need to survive? A deflection or forced push could be a direct result of that need to surive of other third party just as much as deathstroke.

Hell, Prometheus or time mage man may be stalling for time to achieve their win conditions by not actually hunting for all we know.
Is this still related to my suggestion that the nightkill was prevented rather than not submitted?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:05 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:43 pm

Is this still related to my suggestion that the nightkill was prevented rather than not submitted?
Somewhat but it did stray from the subject. That response of mine was also in conjuncture with your "I dont need to do anything to ensure in not being lynched." To which I was pointing out, you might be lying because deathstroke isnt the only 3rd party.

Simply put I'm saying, I don't think your suggestion came from a civ mindset. Perhaps not deathstroke, but not a civ mindset.
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don’t get how you are making that leap. My suggestion came from a mindset of patience for this day phase. In the event that somebody did prevent last night’s kill, that person should have a greater chance of identifying who Deathstroke is. My goal was to encourage people to wait before hammering on you. It’s the same reason I moved my vote off of you too.

That’s it. I do not know what motive you are suggesting I had. Maybe you’re not suggesting any particular motive at all.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If there was no kill at all last night, who’s Deathstroke? Daisy or funnygurl would have been the most likely to simply forget, I think.

I can’t see Epi or Mac withholding a kill for “strategic” gain. I don’t think that’s in Jack’s playbook either. I can’t say with confidence that I know Long Con, Colin, or sprit would never make that move, but none of them really stand to gain anything by doing it here. Maybe sprit could be a candidate for forgetting to submit, but I feel like he’s been attentive enough to not drop the ball here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I haven’t looked closely at the remaining roles to figure out what potential abilities could have prevented a kill.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:07 pm I don’t get how you are making that leap. My suggestion came from a mindset of patience for this day phase. In the event that somebody did prevent last night’s kill, that person should have a greater chance of identifying who Deathstroke is. My goal was to encourage people to wait before hammering on you. It’s the same reason I moved my vote off of you too.

That’s it. I do not know what motive you are suggesting I had. Maybe you’re not suggesting any particular motive at all.
The motive would come from a deflecting deathstroke who just had their kill blocked. While I do not beleive that to be the likeliest case. The possibility is there.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:18 pm If there was no kill at all last night, who’s Deathstroke? Daisy or funnygurl would have been the most likely to simply forget, I think.

I can’t see Epi or Mac withholding a kill for “strategic” gain. I don’t think that’s in Jack’s playbook either. I can’t say with confidence that I know Long Con, Colin, or sprit would never make that move, but none of them really stand to gain anything by doing it here. Maybe sprit could be a candidate for forgetting to submit, but I feel like he’s been attentive enough to not drop the ball here.
I agree with this.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Colin perhaps could also miss?

I'd predict we have maybe 2 mlre safe cycles? I could yell and scream at the endless void of uncaring stars and could even throw my naked body into a volcano in ritualistic sacrifice but that won't make the wallflowers talk.

Do we want to use these safe cycles to lynch the wallflowers? If Oliver is still alive we could be rid of both Daisy and Girl tonight yes?

Someone smarter than me list the prps and cons to this strategy.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

*pros and cons.

Also you are now thinking of my naked body.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 451

Post by Epignosis »

You got really, really serious now that the mafia are all gone and there's only Deathstroke.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:18 pm You got really, really serious now that the mafia are all gone and there's only Deathstroke.
With the game being slower, it has become easier for me to express my thoughts and stay involved.

Plus this is the first weekend in two weeks where Im not traveling. :shrug:
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also I've been on a tabletop gaming binge. I think the way I play those games is seeping into my mafia gameplay.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:30 pm Also I've been on a tabletop gaming binge. I think the way I play those games is seeping into my mafia gameplay.
Rolling dice and hoping for the best?

How is that any different than what you usually do?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:36 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:30 pm Also I've been on a tabletop gaming binge. I think the way I play those games is seeping into my mafia gameplay.
Rolling dice and hoping for the best?

How is that any different than what you usually do?
Dice is the same. Wargaming brings out my aggression for some reason. Some Wilgys just want ti see the world burn I suppose.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I won't lie: There is little chance I refrain from voting you. But I'm not Deathstroke. I don't miss PMs and I certainly don't let the civilians operate in such an efficient manner that I'm Public Enemy Number 1 as early as Day 5.

If I'm not voting for you, I need to know who Deathstroke is.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The only civilian roles we know to be dead are Harrison Wells and Supergirl.
Harrison was able to give out "inventions" on Nights 1 & 4, if I'm following correctly. It's possible there was some sort of bulletproof vest in there. There's up to 3 other dead civilians, but we don't really have a way to know what those are. Possibly active roles that could prevent a kill:

Laurel - Roleblocker
John, sort of - Could prevent Oliver's death, but some other means would have to account for John surviving a kill himself.
Thea - Would not negate a kill, but would redirect it. I believe this role was already triggered earlier in the game anyway.

So really the only conceivable means by which a kill could have been prevented last night would be from a Laurel roleblock or from somebody hypothetically receiving a vest from Harrison at some point in the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The only player who could potentially gain more than Zero from intentionally withholding a kill is Wilgy, I think. He's already Hot Stuff #1 in the POE, so he there's nothing he can really lose at this point. Abstaining from the kill forces us to speculate about whether or not it was simply forgotten.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

hi

sorry, college reunions, and my life is doing this downward spiral thing

i'm requesting a replacement [mention]DFaraday[/mention]

sorry guys. i was really hyped for this game
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:28 pm hi

sorry, college reunions, and my life is doing this downward spiral thing

i'm requesting a replacement @DFaraday

sorry guys. i was really hyped for this game
We’re pretty much just kicking dirt until we land on the serial killer. By making this post you’re one of the more active players of the phase.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Have we won yet?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Not yet
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:14 pm Colin perhaps could also miss?

I'd predict we have maybe 2 mlre safe cycles? I could yell and scream at the endless void of uncaring stars and could even throw my naked body into a volcano in ritualistic sacrifice but that won't make the wallflowers talk.

Do we want to use these safe cycles to lynch the wallflowers? If Oliver is still alive we could be rid of both Daisy and Girl tonight yes?

Someone smarter than me list the prps and cons to this strategy.
I did the math and we have like 6 mislynches to work with.

Now accepting an unconditional surrender from the principal.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Whatcha playing?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Moved back to wilgy. We’ve probably POE’d the game to conclusion by now. I doubt anything new will come to light that crosses his name off the list. Funnygurl would be my next choice.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:10 pm Funnygurl would be my next choice.
Hard pass for me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I’m not completely enamored with her catch up effort.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:21 pm I’m not completely enamored with her catch up effort.
I'm sold on it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In addition, does serial killer Funny gurl go through that much effort to not kill? I don't think so.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:24 pm In addition, does serial killer Funny gurl go through that much effort to not kill? I don't think so.
She did just tell us she can’t continue playing.

But I hear your point.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

If it’s not Wilgy, we have some soul searching.

Cause we get into “I townread everyone” territory.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Can we hammer Wilgy please?

If anything, he seems to be asking for a chance to get his other independent win condition.

That may be true, but if it was, he could have done more to help us nab mafia instead of goofing around. No help for me? No help for you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DF, can you make my vote a double please?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:51 pm
Whatcha playing?
Age of Sigmar mostly.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:18 pm The only player who could potentially gain more than Zero from intentionally withholding a kill is Wilgy, I think. He's already Hot Stuff #1 in the POE, so he there's nothing he can really lose at this point. Abstaining from the kill forces us to speculate about whether or not it was simply forgotten.
The fact that we are entertaining the idea that it was intentionally missed is dumb.

W/e if the 6 myslinch is true, then count me out.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

#hammermedaddy
Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 69

Post by DFaraday »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:54 pm DF, can you make my vote a double please?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also let it be known I'm playing with a town that follows their poe, before clipping the afks when the kill was missed.

MAY THIS LYNCH GO DOWN IN INFAMY!
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The host insn't around and hasn't killed you. Who is Slade?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:22 pm The host insn't around and hasn't killed you. Who is Slade?
I don't think it's Jack or Mac. Anyone else os fair game with tendencies towards Funny, Daisy, Colin, you and Sloon.
Image Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:18 pm If there was no kill at all last night, who’s Deathstroke? Daisy or funnygurl would have been the most likely to simply forget, I think.

I try to read the most recent page at least once a day
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Who am I voting for?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:28 pm Who am I voting for?
Just kill me.
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:28 pm Who am I voting for?
Wilgy’s at the front of the POE line.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

That comment should have literally no meaning.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 351

Post by MacDougall »

Not 100 on why you're all voting for Wilgy

Give me a solid reason and I'll join you
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Wilgy’s frustration seems real.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”