[WOLF WIN] Leporidae Mafia

Play the current mountainous game here!
- Only mountainous, all roles vanilla and all mechanics standard
- Any number of players in theory (probably fewer in practice)
- Short-to-moderate cycle lengths (e.g., no longer than 72 hour cycle)
- Themed if host feels like it

Moderators: Hustle Host, Game Facilitators

Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Re: [D2] Leporidae Mafia

Post by Delta »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:11 am Mmmm...

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Maybe we never actually rand town together after all.
I dont know about this, actually

Entry into today kinda surprised me but I think the drive behind "I'm never killing G-Man there" is genuine and far more likely to come from town than a wolf that's pissed their partner killed G-Man - because the latter assumes someone would've pushed the kill through and I cant see that being likely in this playerlist
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Delta wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:15 am

I dont know about this, actually

Entry into today kinda surprised me but I think the drive behind "I'm never killing G-Man there" is genuine and far more likely to come from town than a wolf that's pissed their partner killed G-Man - because the latter assumes someone would've pushed the kill through and I cant see that being likely in this playerlist
You could be right and I could be skill issuing but bleh.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me
It’s my birthday

Re: [D1] Leporidae Mafia

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:09 pm @fingersplints, @Roxy --> y'all didn't vote. Why
I had planned on it but rl happened with my head and a concussion. Sometimes being a YaYa hurts. Had planned to vote Lime as they are not playing in the townie way I had gotten used to expecting.
Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:16 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:32 pm
Delta wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:31 pm [VOTE: delta] aubergine That was easy to understand.
I'm kinda just caught off guard by it is all?
Yeah, that feels exagerrated though. Kind of fake.
I don't like this.

Nah, that's bull. I don't know if this narrative of single voters has merit, but I see no difference between them and a Sloonei voter. At all.

Delta's reaction to falcon wanting to keep players in that hadn't played in a while was not believable to me, the level of "oh my god WHAT??" was cranked too high. Artificial drama. My suspicion should be pretty legitimate upon analysis, so analyze and try again please.

b) I understood falcon's perspective because I share it. Because I agree with it. And I think most peoples' here history with me should back up that I am JUST that kind of "heart" player. I would rather keep an old friend that I miss in the game than go after them for any reason at all.

Name one player that fits the bill more than G-man, even in this game with fingersplints, JJJ, Sloonei, Roxy, G-man stands out as a very special presence that I would have liked to appreciate for more than Day 1.

The wolves made a mistake, and the result is that they might as well kill me on Night 2, now, as respectfully as possible, please remove this obviously off-target vote from me, and let's try and expand this concept further.
I totally agree with the Gman take. He has been missed and I can say that NO - you would never have made this kill. Kinda like me with newbies and not voting them on D 1's.

I also agree that Delta going after falcon for saying he wanted to keep players that they haven't played with for awhile around.

I have also noted no mention was made of me for saying basically the same thing here:
Roxy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:43 am Ok I am caught up and tbh there really is not much here from anyone that says "hey I am bad".

I always struggle on D 1's and am astounded at those that can pick and nudge people and find stuff on D 1.

Am not sure who is bad nor who to trust just yet. It's way too early for that.

I know I probs would not vote for Wigly or splints but I probs won't vote GMan as it has been a-while since we have last played and I am hopeful for a GMan style game since he is around! (how's the kids?)

Delta is high posting.
Lime Coke feels absent.
LC feels like he is auditioning for a SNL episode.
falcon seems normal but I cannot trust my read on him any longer.
JJJ feels like and eager beaver aiming to please.
Epi seems like Epi and since I feel he is bad he is probs good.
Sloonei I cannot even remember the last time we played but I do know this feels like you are doing your best Vompatti impression.

this is where I am and honestly very unsure of where my vote will go.

Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:40 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:32 pm Take what time you need, but I'm not going to accept a conclusion that questions whether or not I'm Town. I would advise against it, and that advice is mostly going to "if you're a Wolf" JJJ.
I mean you can take the same rationale and turn it right back on me. G-Man is classic and rare, and that's as important to me as it is to you.
We are not the same person though. This is something that I know is absolutely core to me, and I there is no way you will find a single game where I EVER took out or voted out a player that I missed playing with, on Night or Day 1. I don't know that your priorities are THAT polarized, but mine unquestionably are.

Like, I'm not being coy about this. This kill would be impossible for me to agree to. This will always be true. Take me entirely out of any rainbow list, because this is as undeniable as my Win Condition already being met. It's not even a disucssion worth having, and it's time to hang up the idea of voting for Long Con for good in this game. I am the ideal Night 2 kill.
this is town LC.
;)
Roxy
Hitman
It’s my birthday

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:48 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:41 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:36 pm [VOTE: No Vote] aubergine

I'll think things over. I may just give Day 1 a reread since it was so short.
I appreciate that, as I am trying to convey the actual true passion I am feeling about the situation, and I hope this means that it is being felt.
At the very least, I can believe that a mafia team with Long Con that kills G-Man does so against his protest or somehow without communication. And that means something.
Maybe but tbh if I was on a team that did a kill behind my back, the next day they are being bussed heavily.
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:06 pm I will explain my falcon vote in more detail once I have food in my belly. Full sentences too much work.
Looking forward to it bc during my catch up I disliked your reasoning thinking it did not make sense. He called your response "boiler plate" level. Which cannot be good but I think he was trying to bring you more into the game and instead of town'ing up you voted him. Seemed a bit like "nananana boo-boo"
Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:31 pm
Delta wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:16 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:32 pm
Delta wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:31 pm [VOTE: delta] aubergine That was easy to understand.
I'm kinda just caught off guard by it is all?
Yeah, that feels exagerrated though. Kind of fake.
I don't like this.

Nah, that's bull. I don't know if this narrative of single voters has merit, but I see no difference between them and a Sloonei voter. At all.

Delta's reaction to falcon wanting to keep players in that hadn't played in a while was not believable to me, the level of "oh my god WHAT??" was cranked too high. Artificial drama. My suspicion should be pretty legitimate upon analysis, so analyze and try again please.

b) I understood falcon's perspective because I share it. Because I agree with it. And I think most peoples' here history with me should back up that I am JUST that kind of "heart" player. I would rather keep an old friend that I miss in the game than go after them for any reason at all.

Name one player that fits the bill more than G-man, even in this game with fingersplints, JJJ, Sloonei, Roxy, G-man stands out as a very special presence that I would have liked to appreciate for more than Day 1.

The wolves made a mistake, and the result is that they might as well kill me on Night 2, now, as respectfully as possible, please remove this obviously off-target vote from me, and let's try and expand this concept further.
I dont see how I played up my reaction at all. It was one word, friend. But :shrug:
Of course, this is a game of subtleties. One word is one word; the intention behind it is what I have to decipher. My perspective on Lime's notable moves EoD1 were "geez, this is sketchy, he's in danger of suddenly becoming a counterwagon with this unusual stuff".

UNTIL he explained the reasoning, and that immediately slid the perspective back into alignment for me.

BUT you were still angling toward "this guy's unbelievable", yes with one word, but it is that attempt to hang on to that 'maybe this is enough to vote him' perspective that I read into that post... that is too far into predatory to let slide.

This is easy to defend against, because it is reading into a subtlety. But that's the game. [VOTE: delta] aubergine
While I am not I agree fully with your Lime take I do tend to agree a bit on your Delta point. Subtlety is how mafia drives elims. It's that one word the perks up ears and pricks eye brow arches.
;)
Roxy
Hitman
It’s my birthday

Post by Roxy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:54 pm Derp.
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:53 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:22 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:32 pm
Delta wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:16 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:13 am

Sloonei's Maf
Enlightening

Tell me more? :D

You asked him for thoughts on the game, and he gave the most boiler plate response I can think of for a Maf to not ruffle feathers D1
Sometimes it just be like that.
OK fair...sometimes

What are your thoughts now? Have you any other reads you could share?
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:19 pm [VOTE: sloon] aubergine
I've had an odd time trying to develop a meta read on falcon in the few games I've played over the last couple years. He's been a constant presence in those games, and he was already a somewhat familiar face before I took my sabbatical. But over the last, say, 5-6 games that I have played I have felt like I have seen a trend where mafia-falcon is a bit more reckless with his early-game accusations. These posts felt like they leaned a bit more toward that side of the spectrum.

The initial gripe, that I gave "the most boiler plate response" possible, followed by a generic prod + vote felt hollow to me. It felt more like the version of falcon I've seen that's more interested in causing a ruckus than in actually solving the players he's grilling. Evidently I was wrong.
I get what you are saying but I disagree on the take. I feel the opposite is true. Bad falcon tends to be quieter and barely has reads he will stand by. Town falcon seems more involved in hunting than not and has no problem giving reads.
Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:42 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:43 pm Wish I could explain that a little bit better...

But I can't and feel like the best way to explain my thought process is to simply say "I'M WASHED" and that should suffice.
Delta wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:43 pm Wish I could explain that a little bit better...

But I can't and feel like the best way to explain my thought process is to simply say "I'M WASHED" and that should suffice.
Me too bud
Washed?

What are you guys? 12?

Wait until you're my age. Then you are Time's bitch. :charlieblackmon:

(Oh shit, here comes Roxy, let me hide real quick)

It's funny yah know? What I found was that if/when the Grim Reaper shows up-- he tends to run late when you are dressed and ready.

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:50 pm I get the impression that the quick "conflict" up to the 5pm deadline between Delta and DrWilgy was fakeballs.

Start here:

viewtopic.php?p=1117519#p1117519

That looks like two teammates getting some jabs in when the vote is all but sealed.
:ponder: it is something I had not considered but it feels natural to me at first glance. I shall reread it after I am done catching up.
;)
Roxy
Hitman
It’s my birthday

Post by Roxy »

Epignosis wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:00 am I agree with Long Con's assessment though. The mafia goofed and are unaware of the dynamic here.
I agree wholeheartedly on this.

These posts by Lime concern me. This progression and vibe are off.
Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:06 am Alright well guys I wanted to sit down and read the game but I have 0 motivation to do that and probably nobody on when I get on so...

*Touch*
Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:07 am Oh I'm being voted.

Rather unfortunate.

Also disappointing because I'm playing like this in a game with strong players.

Not a fan of Delta being voted I'd much rather me go and y'all just don't vote him ever but bleh.

;)
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Roxy wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:33 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:00 am I agree with Long Con's assessment though. The mafia goofed and are unaware of the dynamic here.
I agree wholeheartedly on this.

These posts by Lime concern me. This progression and vibe are off.
Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:06 am Alright well guys I wanted to sit down and read the game but I have 0 motivation to do that and probably nobody on when I get on so...

*Touch*

Rather unfortunate.

Not a fan of Delta being voted I'd much rather me go and y'all just don't vote him ever but bleh.

They're off because I am off as well.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m feeling pretty wiped, so I am going to take it easy with Mafia today. I’ll still poke around periodically so if y’all want my take on something just say the word.

Otherwise I’ll be quiet for a bit.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:41 pm They're off because I am off as well.
What is off about Lime Coke this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If we operate under the assumption that G-man was not killed by an Old Syndicate Person, that leaves us with only Lime Coke and Delta. I feel like chances are slim (but not zero) that they’re both mafia.

So which old folk(s) are most likely to have murdered G-bun in cold blood?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:27 pm If we operate under the assumption that G-man was not killed by an Old Syndicate Person, that leaves us with only Lime Coke and Delta. I feel like chances are slim (but not zero) that they’re both mafia.

Spilints. Wilgy.

You?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

*FINGER-Spilints, that is. :grin:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:27 pm If we operate under the assumption that G-man was not killed by an Old Syndicate Person, that leaves us with only Lime Coke and Delta. I feel like chances are slim (but not zero) that they’re both mafia.

Spilints. Wilgy.

You?
Wilgy and maybe Jay would be my gut picks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jay is the suspicion I didn't say. Though I've already had suspicion of him, and with his vote for me (as I said earlier), he's on the bottom half of the list.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 20

Post by DrWilgy »

If killing G Man was the tactical decision, I would do it and be sad about it just like I am every time I submit a kill.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Liked
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine

Just read the LC thing. Sure I'll buy it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:22 pm [VOTE: Unvote] aubergine

I thought you might. Sorry that this leaves you on the other side.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would very much like Delta's thoughts on the current state of affairs.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Delta
@DrWilgy
@fingersplints
@Roxy

If my brainmath isn't useless, we have about 18.5 hours remaining (and many of them will be spent asleep). We need votes on the board. Day 1 ended with a very wide spread, and we should avoid repeating that. Let's not wait until the last minute.

Just a courtesy reminder even if you don't do it right this moment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

At this point I am not inclined to move my vote. I'm still around in tired grandpa mode to talk about it. Or anything.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:12 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:22 pm [VOTE: Unvote] aubergine

I thought you might. Sorry that this leaves you on the other side.
If I'm being real I prolly kill LC or Delta.

This is maybe my first game with G Man so idk his game at all.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Rather unfortunate.

You have two votes at this time.

One is from JaggedJimmyJay. I would call him a strong player.

The other is from me.

I don't know what "playing like this" means. Playing like what? What are we supposed to take from how you are playing?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:31 pm I would very much like Delta's thoughts on the current state of affairs.
Give me a bit and I'll try get my thoughts down as well as a vote
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

I do want to put stock into what Long Con's saying about people being likely/unlikely to kill G-Man, I do think at the very least he's likely town from it because I cant see a partner pushing that kill through when he feels this strongly about it

I dont really think it's Brad though and given the main focus for people likely to kill him are those with less experience with him, I'm kinda at a loss because I'm town & I think he is as well

So it's a weird situation of 'where do I do from there'
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

@Sloonei

How exactly did you end up on me here?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Epignosis wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:34 pm

Rather unfortunate.

You have two votes at this time.

One is from JaggedJimmyJay. I would call him a strong player.

The other is from me.

I don't know what "playing like this" means. Playing like what? What are we supposed to take from how you are playing?
"Playing like this" as in I'm kinda just frozen not able to gain enough motivation to simply read everything, or at least look enough at everything once and because of that I have nothing beyond what I'm going off of for Day 1. Although even that stuff I went back on it like an idiot.

Like I'm fully aware I'm playing/looking like shit game play wise, it's gone to the point where I'm probably apologizing in post game because I'm not fully playing to potential nor am I making myself findable as a town player. Like I'm fully disappointed in myself, especially after how Avengers went and I was trying to use this game for redemption.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Delta wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:59 am I do want to put stock into what Long Con's saying about people being likely/unlikely to kill G-Man, I do think at the very least he's likely town from it because I cant see a partner pushing that kill through when he feels this strongly about it

I dont really think it's Brad though and given the main focus for people likely to kill him are those with less experience with him, I'm kinda at a loss because I'm town & I think he is as well

Is there anyone you're seeing as wolfy or at the least not a townread? The best we can do is just try to form a wagon ourselves and see where it goes from there.
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:32 am
Delta wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:59 am I do want to put stock into what Long Con's saying about people being likely/unlikely to kill G-Man, I do think at the very least he's likely town from it because I cant see a partner pushing that kill through when he feels this strongly about it

Is there anyone you're seeing as wolfy or at the least not a townread? The best we can do is just try to form a wagon ourselves and see where it goes from there.
I think Sloonei's timing to push Falcon and now myself has felt odd, but would like to pick at his reasoning for pushing me a bit more at least. Just kinda looking at his shift to Falcon yesterday to bring them tied feels sketchy, doing so again today to make me killable when I had said yesterday I would likely vote him just feels weird
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Finally got through.

Meh.

Between either him or Roxy.

This is- I'm down by 3 TDs and I'm saying "fuck it, DJ Moore gotta be down there somewhere" on offense - levels of confidence.

I don't feel much like voting anyone else though.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Delta wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:45 am

I think Sloonei's timing to push Falcon and now myself has felt odd, but would like to pick at his reasoning for pushing me a bit more at least. Just kinda looking at his shift to Falcon yesterday to bring them tied feels sketchy, doing so again today to make me killable when I had said yesterday I would likely vote him just feels weird
Oh hey I was writing my post for too long.

I can also do Sloonei.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Honestly your call.

I might be trying to go back to sleep here but will be able to get to the game and vote with you if you choose to do so.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:48 am [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Finally got through.

Meh.

This is- I'm down by 3 TDs and I'm saying "fuck it, DJ Moore gotta be down there somewhere" on offense - levels of confidence.

The thing for Roxy BTW is more... like I see her catch up posts and wall posts... on paper this might actually be towny but there's a chance to give it too much credit while she's a wolf.
Granted I don't think her reason to scumread me is shitty either, because she just saw me in last game and saw what I do.
But I've also ran into this trap and I'm possibly giving too much credit there as well for having a wrong read and a mafia is taking advantage of my lackadaisical play.

I'm heavily conflicted there.
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

[VOTE: drwilgy] aubergine

I'll give you my vote here for now, I'm still kinda on the fence about things and there's points I want to focus on before really deciding so you might get better use out of it
Roxy
Hitman
It’s my birthday

Post by Roxy »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:41 pm They're off because I am off as well.

Wish you could buy happiness I'd get you a bowlful <3
feel better soon!

;)
Roxy
Hitman
It’s my birthday

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:37 pm I’m feeling pretty wiped, so I am going to take it easy with Mafia today. I’ll still poke around periodically so if y’all want my take on something just say the word.

This just feels awkward. But I get it and have felt this way before Idk if I have ever seen *you* make this sort of statement.

Uh---any of us? C'mon! While unlikely any of us would do it, it is a lie to say none of us would *ever* do it. LC with his emotional plea would be the only one I would allow ANY leeway for other than that it could be anyone in this game.

What is happening Delta?
Why don't you think Lime aka brad is bad?
Why are you at a loss?
In every game I have played with I can't say I have ever seen you at a "loss" of any kind - def never a loss for words.
I would like to know your thought process for this vote - do you have a POE? Rainbow list? Or something else?
;)
Roxy
Hitman
It’s my birthday

Post by Roxy »

What makes you townread Delta? Is it bc they townread you? You are going to form your own wagon? Why not try to find other townies so we can actually find a baddie for elim? Maybe if we work together instead of new against old we would get somewhere.

Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:04 am

Finally got through.

Meh.

The thing for Roxy BTW is more... like I see her catch up posts and wall posts... on paper this might actually be towny but there's a chance to give it too much credit while she's a wolf.
Granted I don't think her reason to scumread me is shitty either, because she just saw me in last game and saw what I do.
But I've also ran into this trap and I'm possibly giving too much credit there as well for having a wrong read and a mafia is taking advantage of my lackadaisical play.

So my wall posts are from a wolf but not say JJJ's or Delta's or LC's? :huh: Like what? What about mine are are wolfy?
;)
Roxy
Hitman
It’s my birthday

Post by Roxy »

easy peasy catch up

@fingersplints
splints wtf are you? iyatgyaihswcet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you flying under my radar here? My paranoia know no bounds!
;)
Roxy
Hitman
It’s my birthday

Post by Roxy »

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:50 pm I get the impression that the quick "conflict" up to the 5pm deadline between Delta and DrWilgy was fakeballs.

Start here:

viewtopic.php?p=1117519#p1117519

That looks like two teammates getting some jabs in when the vote is all but sealed.
As I was reading this with your thought in my mind I see it but what it *felt* more like a schmooz fest. Glad-handing and back-slapping less toe tapping if you know what I mean.
Honestly Wigly's tone felt more genuine in the exchange.
;)
Roxy
Hitman
It’s my birthday

Re: [D1] Leporidae Mafia

Post by Roxy »

Delta wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:49 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:50 am Within the first 12 hours of the day phase, @Delta switches from Hiiiiyeeeee mode to legitimate player interactions. That's good. Most of the interactions/comments are with JJJ, Falcon, and myself, so the focus is a bit narrow.

Question for Delta: You had no interaction of substance with Long Con prior to your post where you vote for him, citing "gut pings." Will you please elaborate, because this feels a little thin.

Question for the group about Delta: I don't believe I have ever played with him before. He joined last year around the time I checked out. What objective information about his play style should I know to avoid misinterpretation?

VOTING POOL:

Delta- TBD
DrWilgy- No
Fingersplints- No
Mainly just looking at his interaction with Falcon about Sloonei, stoking the fire there a bit but not really getting his hands dirty. Ties in to why I think Long Con/Sloonei wouldnt be w/w here, just struck me as a little odd.

Was hoping leaving that pretty open ended would strike a conversation before this point but got there in the end \o/

& maybe not as useful if it comes directly from me, but regardless of alignment I'm very talkative and tend to engage people on their reads a lot. I play for thread control either way.
@Delta your post here in response to Gman is what made me get bad vibes from you since D 1.

You say here that LC was stoking the fire betwixt falcon and sloonei to not get his hands dirty but reading back *YOU* were also doing much of the same ---Trying not to get your hands dirty-----

then you plop that vote down on LC.

when you did the same thing. your tone reads as though you are not really gunning or looking for your own baddies but instead disagree or agree with others about their reads.

Make a list of your poe or rainbow peoples. Thanks in advance.
;)
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:01 am

What makes you townread Delta? Is it bc they townread you? You are going to form your own wagon? Why not try to find other townies so we can actually find a baddie for elim? Maybe if we work together instead of new against old we would get somewhere.

Finally got through.

Meh.

So my wall posts are from a wolf but not say JJJ's or Delta's or LC's? :huh: Like what? What about mine are are wolfy?
1. Delta felt super solvey with what little the game had to offer early. Has continued and things like the Long Con read feels like good faith solving.
Annnnd maybe relate to him because we're on the bottom of the barrel this game and need to fight upwards.

2. I...actually don't know.
I actually feel like if this was like a bigger game like 15+ I'd just throw you into towns but it's lower so maybe that's why I'm being less generous?
Roxy
Hitman
It’s my birthday

Post by Roxy »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:37 am

Finally got through.

Meh.

1. Delta felt super solvey with what little the game had to offer early. Has continued and things like the Long Con read feels like good faith solving.
Annnnd maybe relate to him because we're on the bottom of the barrel this game and need to fight upwards.

I actually feel like if this was like a bigger game like 15+ I'd just throw you into towns but it's lower so maybe that's why I'm being less generous?
ok thanks for the response?

Can you answer the questions?
What are different about my posts vs JJJ or LC?
What makes my posts "wolfy"?

You only explained that Delta felt "super solvey" and you like they continued with their Long Con read in good faith. (I disagree here but we are talking about YOUR reads).
;)
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:51 am

Finally got through.

Meh.

You only explained that Delta felt "super solvey" and you like they continued with their Long Con read in good faith. (I disagree here but we are talking about YOUR reads).
I couldn't respond to the part about JJJ or LC's posts because I didn't fully read those wall posts and I prolly won't now because I lack sleep and motivation.
I could only respond about "why your wall posts are scummy" portion and yeah...like they're really not scummy I'm sorta just getting useless paranoia/grasping at straws as I can't find anything good to push on.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:32 am
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:51 am

Finally got through.

Meh.

I couldn't respond to the part about JJJ or LC's posts because I didn't fully read those wall posts and I prolly won't now because I lack sleep and motivation.
I could only respond about "why your wall posts are scummy" portion and yeah...like they're really not scummy I'm sorta just getting useless paranoia/grasping at straws as I can't find anything good to push on.
Come on man... at least Loki isn't messing with things! :grin:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Delta wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:45 am I think Sloonei's timing to push Falcon and now myself has felt odd, but would like to pick at his reasoning for pushing me a bit more at least. Just kinda looking at his shift to Falcon yesterday to bring them tied feels sketchy, doing so again today to make me killable when I had said yesterday I would likely vote him just feels weird
What is sketchy about my vote for Falcon?

As for voting you today: I simply think the G-man kill is more likely to have come from a mafia team that features at least one of you or Lime Coke. I put no stock in any pressure that you have directed my way when casting this vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:55 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:37 pm I’m feeling pretty wiped, so I am going to take it easy with Mafia today. I’ll still poke around periodically so if y’all want my take on something just say the word.

This just feels awkward. But I get it and have felt this way before Idk if I have ever seen *you* make this sort of statement.

Uh---any of us? C'mon! While unlikely any of us would do it, it is a lie to say none of us would *ever* do it. LC with his emotional plea would be the only one I would allow ANY leeway for other than that it could be anyone in this game.

What is happening Delta?
Why don't you think Lime aka brad is bad?
Why are you at a loss?
In every game I have played with I can't say I have ever seen you at a "loss" of any kind - def never a loss for words.
I would like to know your thought process for this vote - do you have a POE? Rainbow list? Or something else?
Mainly because while I want to put stock into what Long Con's saying about the kill, it does mean I'm kinda out of my comfort zone when it comes to solving.

Because while the kill - with Long Con's take in mind - points towards Brad being mafia, I really dont think he is. I've played with him a bunch and know his tells fairly well. He feels like he's genuinely trying to solve this & that's something that often feels lacking when he's mafia beyond surface level townie posts

It's throwing me off a lot because considering the kill means throwing away what I know of Brad's approach to things and sticking with my own read means disregarding something that could hold a lot of truth to it. I'm just trying to find a way to strike a balance between the two and I'm struggling to do so
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:08 pm
Delta wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:45 am I think Sloonei's timing to push Falcon and now myself has felt odd, but would like to pick at his reasoning for pushing me a bit more at least. Just kinda looking at his shift to Falcon yesterday to bring them tied feels sketchy, doing so again today to make me killable when I had said yesterday I would likely vote him just feels weird

As for voting you today: I simply think the G-man kill is more likely to have come from a mafia team that features at least one of you or Lime Coke. I put no stock in any pressure that you have directed my way when casting this vote.
The timing of it - Falcon was your counterwagon as is, so you coming in and slapping on a weak reason to push him felt like poorly masked self preservation

That happening again today with pushing me when I had said I would vote you feels like it's following a similar pattern to D1
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Delta wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:08 pm

The timing of it - Falcon was your counterwagon as is, so you coming in and slapping on a weak reason to push him felt like poorly masked self preservation

That happening again today with pushing me when I had said I would vote you feels like it's following a similar pattern to D1
Self-preservation was about 25% of my Falcon vote. I would rather he die than me, especially when I had a weak reason to want to vote for him in a game where I had no explicit reason to vote for most other people.

And, again, I do not register any pressure coming from you and feel absolutely no reason to be concerned about any suspicion you have expressed against me. I do not say that to be dismissive or disrespectful. But A) it has been very mild, so it's not something I've given much thought to. And B) you know me the least of everybody here. I have a certain Reputation among the old school Syndicate folks. I would expect most of the others in this game to form their own opinions of my play independent of your suspicion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Regarding the timing of my Falcon vote: Day 1 was an inconvenient time for me. I spent most of the 48 hours of the phase either out of the house or asleep. I looked at the clock and realized the phase was ending in about an hour, and I probably would not be around for the deadline. Then I looked at the votes and noticed I was a candidate in a stagnant poll. Falcon had a vote on him, and I had felt a vague twinge of suspicion against him earlier in the phase. This vague twinge of suspicion manifested itself in my snarky 1-word response to what I felt was an insincere effort to engage with me.

So I put a vote on him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

It's a game about rabbits and I forget to post one of my favorite GIFs.

Return to “The Hustle”