X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Re: X-Men [Day 11]

Post by Gunther »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:RIP Bullz. I still don't know how anything makes sense since you're good. Bummer to get rezzed and then killed again; I feel kinda stupid about it now.
Havok wrote:Shaw:

For one, I don't think it was common knowledge that Bullzeye was Dazzler when we were voting for the rezz. Two, as has been discussed at length today, Sabretooth was killed on N3. Pyro took over the team's kill on N5. The only person to be killed in between N3 and N5 was Dazzler. You can't see the liklihood there that Dazzler was Sabretooth? As for Sabretooth killing himself....there are roles that redirect targets.

Jubilee
Blinding two targets with fireworks, she switches their targets.

Jean Grey
Using telekinesis, she will redirect someone's Night target.

You still think it's a hilarious concept? :D
Actually, I remember it as being more or less common knowledge. Didn't Hawkeye basically say so that Night by talking about Dazzler spelling things British-ly? So I knew Bullz was Dazzler when we rezzed him, I just hadn't made the connection about no one else being killed when Sabretooth's killings stopped.
Spiral wrote:RIP Bullzeye. My question is: who the hell was sabretooth, then???/
This is a damn good question, now.

Where you headed?
White Queen wrote:No worries Havoc, I don't blame you. I blame those who followed you, and will doubtless be the first to wave the pitchforks in your direction. Especially those who pushed other names early in the day, then when they did not take, just fell on Bullz. :hugs:
Wow, unconditional love in mafia! Never thought I'd see the day. So Havok is off-limits for suspicions?
I don't think that's what she said.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Re: X-Men [Day 11]

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:RIP Bullz. I still don't know how anything makes sense since you're good. Bummer to get rezzed and then killed again; I feel kinda stupid about it now.
Havok wrote:Shaw:

For one, I don't think it was common knowledge that Bullzeye was Dazzler when we were voting for the rezz. Two, as has been discussed at length today, Sabretooth was killed on N3. Pyro took over the team's kill on N5. The only person to be killed in between N3 and N5 was Dazzler. You can't see the liklihood there that Dazzler was Sabretooth? As for Sabretooth killing himself....there are roles that redirect targets.

Jubilee
Blinding two targets with fireworks, she switches their targets.

Jean Grey
Using telekinesis, she will redirect someone's Night target.

You still think it's a hilarious concept? :D
Actually, I remember it as being more or less common knowledge. Didn't Hawkeye basically say so that Night by talking about Dazzler spelling things British-ly? So I knew Bullz was Dazzler when we rezzed him, I just hadn't made the connection about no one else being killed when Sabretooth's killings stopped.
Spiral wrote:RIP Bullzeye. My question is: who the hell was sabretooth, then???/
This is a damn good question, now.

Where you headed?
White Queen wrote:No worries Havoc, I don't blame you. I blame those who followed you, and will doubtless be the first to wave the pitchforks in your direction. Especially those who pushed other names early in the day, then when they did not take, just fell on Bullz. :hugs:
Wow, unconditional love in mafia! Never thought I'd see the day. So Havok is off-limits for suspicions?
Since all of that logic led to the lynch of a civ (hrm, the second silencing also went off the table between Day 3 & Day 5, didn't it? :ponder: ) don't mind me if I blow off the logic arguments for the rest of the game in a game that the host said would be FULL of manipulation:
Expect heavy manipulation.

Note, he did not say heavy VOTE manipulation. Just "manipulation". The night polls have a purpose.

And as for unconditional love, I have played mafia a long time. In my experience generally (not always, there IS no "always") baddies hop on bandwagons, they don't create them, then they point the finger at those who started it. They drop suggestions into the thread, like poisoned footballs, hoping someone else will pick up the ball and run with it. That it the point of things like vote forcing; you force someone to vote a certain way, all jump on board, and then blame your forced victim. I spend a lot of time looking for poisoned footballs.

Day 1, deathlok, civ, lynched. I didn't vote for him.
Day 2, T-Bird, civ, lynched. I didn't vote for him. (That might be the day i was silenced though, to be fair)
Day 3, Quicksilver, civ, lynched. I didn't vote for him.
Days 4 & 5.1, Exodus & Domino both show as Gambit. I did vote for both of them, so there is one civ I voted for.
Day 5.2, Sunfire, Rogue, civ. I did vote for SF, so my second civ :(
Day 6, lynch switched to me, No one dies Yay :D
Day 7, Again, no lynch. Shaw this time. I did not vote for him either, but have since changed my mind on some levels.
Day 8, Mysterious Marrow lynch, BADDIE!! almost no one voted for her (including me)
Day 9, Hawkeye, Indy/bad, lynch. I did vote for him.
Day 10, Polaris, BADDIE!!!, lynched. I did vote for her (him? No avis in front of me, so not sure)
Day 11, Bullz, civ, lynched. I did not vote for him.

This is my voting record. Not spotless, but pretty good, I think. Better than most for sure. I think my instincts have been pretty good. not spot on, but better than, say, yours. So, no, there is no unconditional love in Mafia. Logic does not appear to be working in this game, with 2 roles that can survive NKs and 4 (5?) actually surviving, and the case on Bullz being soooooo logical, yet so wrong. I am happy going with my instincts.
Assault
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Re: X-Men [Night 11]

Post by dodo »

No reception underground. Morlock Kingdom not wireless capable. Bad medicine.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

You wanted to go there :haha:
Assault
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

T-minus 15 minutes and counting.

Entries for the image contest will be accepted throughout the weekend, and the winner will be notified some time on Monday. :)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A Mind is the Only Thing to Waste

“You cannot stop ‘seeing’ in The Astral Plane until death. And several of you are blind as your minds have darkened.”
Elohcin has been killed by Pyro.
Banshee has been killed by Apocalypse.
Deadpool has been killed by Apocalypse.
Bullzeye has been resurrected.
Danger Room ID acquired: 008… Banshee
It is now Day 12. You have 48 hours to destroy someone.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [Day 12]

Post by Epignosis »

A message from Professor X:

Before you judge the mad monk too harshly, remember that only he was able to cure the young Alexei's hemophilia. Best to be nice to him, for now at least.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Elohcin »

:p stinky.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Epignosis wrote:A message from Professor X:

Before you judge the mad monk too harshly, remember that only he was able to cure the young Alexei's hemophilia. Best to be nice to him, for now at least.
Actually, I wrote my thesis on Rasputin. Seriously.

He did not actually cure the tsarevichs' hemophilia; he hypnotized the child (and, more important, his mother), which kept him from panicking. A hemophiliac who is calm is less likely to bleed out, and is more able to form scabs if he is not agitated. Rasputin was, on many levels, a hypnotist. No one can cure hemophilia, sadly. At least not yet.

Historical Rasputin was also a well known trickster, and a seductive figure. People who know him had problems believing he was actually a charlatan. But he was. Rasputin was the catalyst that led to the Russian Revolution; Alexeis' parents refused to face reality due to Rasputins mystical influence. As far as I am concerned, the historical Rasputin was one of the most sinister figures of the 20th Century. Or any century, really.

Which has nothing to do with this game, and neither does Prof X's post.

WB Bullz, and bye dead people. I hope you all were bad, although I doubt that is the case with Eloh.
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Welcome back, Bullzeye!
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Boogs »

how am I still not rezzed lol
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Aw... x_x

Good luck! <333 :D
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Busy night... took out one of my biggest suspicions :/
dunya
Turnip Head
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

wtf m8
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

WB Bullz! Good that our mistake was rectified. I don't know what to say about the slaughter of the others except there were at least two I thought were good - and starting to lean civ on the thrid. Hopefully i'm wrong and at least two of them was bad. RIPIYAG Banshee, Deadpool, and Elohcin.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Bullzeye »

Woop! Thanks for the rezz! Hopefully my being back can make a difference. I have a theory actually about something: I think Magneto might be dead. We've lynched a few baddies but never seen his power come into play and I'd think especially this late in the game it should have done at least once. Either he's targeting people that have no impact at all on the lynch or he's not targeting anyone at all.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Bullzeye wrote:Woop! Thanks for the rezz! Hopefully my being back can make a difference. I have a theory actually about something: I think Magneto might be dead. We've lynched a few baddies but never seen his power come into play and I'd think especially this late in the game it should have done at least once. Either he's targeting people that have no impact at all on the lynch or he's not targeting anyone at all.
Do you have an idea for who Magneto was, then?
dunya
Turnip Head
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Spiral wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Woop! Thanks for the rezz! Hopefully my being back can make a difference. I have a theory actually about something: I think Magneto might be dead. We've lynched a few baddies but never seen his power come into play and I'd think especially this late in the game it should have done at least once. Either he's targeting people that have no impact at all on the lynch or he's not targeting anyone at all.
Do you have an idea for who Magneto was, then?
Not really, it's just something that popped into my head while I was doing the radio earlier. On the other hand, you'd think me of all people would know it's a bad idea to be assuming brotherhood members are dead if it's not confirmed. I have no idea what happened to Sabretooth still, I've thought about it but I keep coming back to the fact he disappeared after killing me and nothing makes sense. Even I'd have probably voted for me based on that case.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Who do you think we should be looking at for today, Bullz? What do you think about Longshot? Shaw?
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

Geez! Bad night. :( RIP Elo, and RIPIYWG Deadpool and Banshee.

To Apocalypse: Are you killing civs on purpose now? Because iirc, someone posted something a bit back that makes it nearly impossible Banshee was bad. If you are, you should know we have a problem.

WB Bullz! Glad our mistake was fixed so quickly.
I actually mentioned this a few days ago, and it was dismissed as crazy. Even I thought it was overly optimistic at the time. But you're right, Magneto is supposed to be horrendously powerful, and we haven't seen him affect even one lynch. So I am also cautiously optimistic he's dead.
Management
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

Banshee wrote:Aw... x_x

Deadpool wrote:wtf m8
Shawarma?
Supervisor
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Hawkeye wrote:
Banshee wrote:Aw... x_x

Deadpool wrote:wtf m8
Shawarma?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

My only idea for this lynch is Shaw. :/
dunya
Turnip Head
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I don't think Shaw is a good idea.

Of the 8 players on the poll, I strongly believe 4 of them to be civ, so this shouldn't be that hard. But I can't decide which of the 3 I believe could be bad and are killable should get my vote.
Management
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Re: X-Men [Day 7]

Post by Bullzeye »

Honestly I'm not really sold on Havok being good. This post gives the best summary of what I find wrong:
Havok wrote: Firstly, I have gone after Shadowcat. I've said on multiple occasions that I thought her initial info dump was fake.

Next, the reason I think Exodus was Gambit and Domino was Mystique is very simple. It goes back to the Exodus lynch. I brought this up right away, and I still 100% believe it to be solid. At the time of Shadowcat's "info drop" and Exodus's subsequent lynch, the Brotherhood was still very strong with no more than 1 member dead. In your assumption (that Exodus was the real Mystique) you must also be assuming that the entire brotherhood decided it was the best course of action to just give up and throw Exodus under the bus. No one tried to help and save Exodus. No one. It was a fairly one sided lynch. I'll ask again, why wouldn't the brotherhood with their large number not save Exodus? If they knew that Exodus was going to show up civvie, why not save their team mate? Or at the very least defend the hell out of him? Why throw someone under the bus if they are going to flip civvie? Literally nothing is gained in this scenario. That lynch ended up 10 votes for Exodus and Sunfire got 3. Exodus actually voted for Shadowcat in that lynch. So, if Exodus really were Mystique, all that team had to do was have Exodus vote for Sunfire to make it 10-4 and then have the other team mates also vote for Sunfire. At least a couple of the Exodus voters had to be Brotherhood, so it wouldn't have been difficult to change the outcome of that lynch. So Sunfire would have been lynched and flipped civvie of course as we would later find out. Where is the risk in that scenario? People would have thought it was an obvious save of Exodus, you say? Even so, what is the risk? If people see that it was a save, they lynch Exodus the next day and guess what? Exodus flips civvie then too. There is absolutely ZERO risk in saving Exodus. So, why wasn't Exodus saved? Because he wasn't Mystique. He was Gambit.

So, then as soon as the lynch post comes up....and I do mean as soon as....Domino rushes in to role claim Gambit and call out Exodus as not really being Gambit. Exactly 8 minutes went by from the time the lynch poll went up to the time that Exodus made her role claim.

So, my theory goes like this. The Brotherhood figures out a way to try to completely take over the game discussion and future lynches. Shadowcat comes into the thread to drop her info and "expose" Exodus. You mention that about why would Shadowcat take that kind of risk when she is pretty damn sure that Exodus would flip civvie? Enter Domino aka Mystique to follow up Shadowcat's info drop with a role claim. That erases any risk Shadowcat would have had if she has someone to back her up like that. "See everyone? My info was correct. Exodus really was bad! The real Gambit is still alive!"

I'm not sure exactly why you have been calling this theory so crazy. If I compare mine to yours, mine looks way more probable than yours. Yours is basically rooted in the belief that the info drops have been completely legit and well intentioned. I don't see it....at all. Your theory assumes that the brotherhood made a terrible, god awful usage of the Mystique role. Mine assumes that the baddies used the Mystique role to it's max potential. I think mine is more likely.
Perhaps I'm biased by having known the truth but from the moment I died I knew Exodus had to be bad. I feel like Havok went to great lengths and put a lot of effort into arguing that this wasn't the case. His theory here (which I know he's since retracted) seems to suggest the entire brotherhood would show their hand immediately to protect their outed teammate, basically giving themselves up to the thread. I think what's more likely is that they just expected people to lynch Shadowcat the next day seeing as Exodus would seem to be a civ. They didn't count on Domino doing what she did because IMO it's just as bad as the original infodump, she pretty much outed herself. It makes absolutely no sense to me for a baddie who hadn't really come under any fire to throw themselves under the bus like that and I don't see why they would. In my opinion he made a lot of stretches in his logic in order to make excuses for Exodus and come up with a situation in which he wasn't the baddie. This is why I voted for him before I died.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Longshot wrote:WB Bullz! Good that our mistake was rectified. I don't know what to say about the slaughter of the others except there were at least two I thought were good - and starting to lean civ on the thrid. Hopefully i'm wrong and at least two of them was bad. RIPIYAG Banshee, Deadpool, and Elohcin.
Which two did you think were good?
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Geez! Bad night. :( RIP Elo, and RIPIYWG Deadpool and Banshee.

To Apocalypse: Are you killing civs on purpose now? Because iirc, someone posted something a bit back that makes it nearly impossible Banshee was bad. If you are, you should know we have a problem.

I actually mentioned this a few days ago, and it was dismissed as crazy. Even I thought it was overly optimistic at the time. But you're right, Magneto is supposed to be horrendously powerful, and we haven't seen him affect even one lynch. So I am also cautiously optimistic he's dead.
What made it almost impossible that Banshee was bad? Not something based on the roles, I hope. Do you also think Deadpool was civ? And I think Magneto was in play in the lynch that was switched to me. The careful manipulation of the numbers by all the last minute vote switching led me to that conclusion. Do you think otherwise?
Assault
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

White Queen wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Geez! Bad night. :( RIP Elo, and RIPIYWG Deadpool and Banshee.

What made it almost impossible that Banshee was bad? Not something based on the roles, I hope. Do you also think Deadpool was civ? And I think Magneto was in play in the lynch that was switched to me. The careful manipulation of the numbers by all the last minute vote switching led me to that conclusion. Do you think otherwise?
Wasn't that switch because of Hawkeye voting for you? I think someone mentioned that he even claimed some responsibility, though I don't know if his vote was powerful enough to be the only thing in play at the time.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:I don't think Shaw is a good idea.

Of the 8 players on the poll, I strongly believe 4 of them to be civ, so this shouldn't be that hard. But I can't decide which of the 3 I believe could be bad and are killable should get my vote.
Wanna talk about who since we... you know... do that in mafia?
White Queen wrote:

I, like Bullz, am inclined to believe that it's Hawkeye who got the lynch switched to you.
dunya
Turnip Head
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

White Queen wrote:

Because roles don't have ANYTHING to do with mafia.... :p

I honestly don't remember what it was, but I do remember thinking that Banshee must be civ. I can try looking it up if you're interested in knowing.

I was unsure on Deadpool, so I think it's possible Apocalypse did us a favor there. He'd have been one of my top 2-3 people to look at today, anyway.

Magneto did not redirect the lynch to you. Hawkeye claimed full credit for that, remember? His vote was worth 6 or something that day.

Linki: Ditto to what Bullz and Spiral said.

Spiral, I think at this point it's only possible that you, Longshot, or Havok are bad. I'm not sure which of you yet, and plan to do full rereads and look at your vote histories before deciding.
Management
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I would support a Longshot and a Havok vote. I just reviewed some earlier parts of the game and remembered that Mojo was after Havok, and I think I trust Mojo's judgment.

Longshot has been very antagonistic towards me based on....???? No clue.

I do not think you should think I am bad. I literally started the vote against polaris that ended up being me vs. polaris. Polaris was bad.
dunya
Turnip Head
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I will be traveling home all day tomorrow, out of touch. Also, we are celebrating mother's day tonight. If there is anything i need to respond to I will need to do it tonight at some point after dinner.

inki with Spiral, can you point out where I was antagonistic toward you so if I was, I can explain?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Longshot, I actually just read back, and I feel like I mischaracterized you. I apologize.

But logic tells me you are less likely to be civv than the rest of us.
dunya
Turnip Head
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Spiral wrote:Longshot, I actually just read back, and I feel like I mischaracterized you. I apologize.

ok thanks for telling me.

What is the logic that tells you I'm less likely to be civ? I would like a chance to respond.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Spiral wrote:I would support a Longshot and a Havok vote. I just reviewed some earlier parts of the game and remembered that Mojo was after Havok, and I think I trust Mojo's judgment.

I do not think you should think I am bad. I literally started the vote against polaris that ended up being me vs. polaris. Polaris was bad.
Yeah, I would say you're lowest on my list of 3 right now based on the Polaris lynch. Good job by the way, if I haven't said so yet.

I read Bullz's post earlier like "Finally, someone else sees that that was weird as hell." haha
Management
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Longshot wrote:
Spiral wrote:Longshot, I actually just read back, and I feel like I mischaracterized you. I apologize.

ok thanks for telling me.

What is the logic that tells you I'm less likely to be civ? I would like a chance to respond.
Elimination.

My baddie watch list is getting short because the list of players is getting smaller.
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Unfortunately, it's not really defendable.
dunya
Turnip Head
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Spiral wrote:I would support a Longshot and a Havok vote. I just reviewed some earlier parts of the game and remembered that Mojo was after Havok, and I think I trust Mojo's judgment.

Yes, and if you will also remember that I am the one that put the 4th vote onto Polaris which tied it up. If I was team mates with Polaris why would I do that on a day where no one was sure about either one of you two? I mean, it would make at least a little bit of sense if Polaris was getting a lot of heat and people felt sure about him. No one felt sure about either one of you two. It would have been crazy for me to throw Polaris under the bus if I was his team mate.

And to Bullzeye: I really hope that you are not letting the fact that I put the case on you in your lynch (Which you completely agreed was logical btw) cloud your judgement on me. You say that my case for Exodus being the real Gambit is why you voted for me before you were lynched the other day, yet this is the first time you bring it up. I've admitted that I was most likely wrong about that. That's all it was. It was not any grand conspiracy. I am not a brotherhood member. Pursuing a lynch of me would only end up in lynching a civvie.

IMO, Longshot is the best option for today. Followed by Sebastian Shaw. Everyone else, I feel pretty good about being an X-Man or in one case Apocalypse.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Havok wrote:

Yes, and if you will also remember that I am the one that put the 4th vote onto Polaris which tied it up. If I was team mates with Polaris why would I do that on a day where no one was sure about either one of you two? I mean, it would make at least a little bit of sense if Polaris was getting a lot of heat and people felt sure about him. No one felt sure about either one of you two. It would have been crazy for me to throw Polaris under the bus if I was his team mate.

And to Bullzeye: I really hope that you are not letting the fact that I put the case on you in your lynch (Which you completely agreed was logical btw) cloud your judgement on me. You say that my case for Exodus being the real Gambit is why you voted for me before you were lynched the other day, yet this is the first time you bring it up. I've admitted that I was most likely wrong about that. That's all it was. It was not any grand conspiracy. I am not a brotherhood member. Pursuing a lynch of me would only end up in lynching a civvie.

IMO, Longshot is the best option for today. Followed by Sebastian Shaw. Everyone else, I feel pretty good about being an X-Man or in one case Apocalypse.
Initially I didn't bring up the Exodus thing because I asked Epi how far I should take it and while he said I could say some things he also said maybe I wouldn't want people knowing for sure I was Dazzler. So I kept quiet. Yes the case against me was logical and I said that but it really helped the baddies because they could jump on the bandwagon without fear of retribution. They obviously knew it wasn't true and I think they would have tried to push it forward. I just got the feeling you 'protested too loudly' about the validity Shadowcat's info and I don't think the theory you came up with made any sense or be something an actual baddie team would try when they had previously kept out of the spotlight quite well.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

You are right. It clearly wasn't something that the baddie team in this game would put forward, but at the time I thought it was. I gave them too much credit for being deep thinkers. At the time, I just didn't understand why a baddie team with 7 members would throw a seemer role under the bus. It made more sense to me to not let the seemer get lynched. I was wrong.

And you made a good point there about your lynch. It would make sense for baddies to jump on the case I put forth. It made sense and was an easy thing to agree with, but laying out the case and jumping on a bandwagon are two different things.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I have played this game hard, and I haven't let up. I'm a civvie and have done nothing in this game but try to lynch civvies. If I were a baddie, I would have shut up a long time ago.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Havok wrote:I have played this game hard, and I haven't let up. I'm a civvie and have done nothing in this game but try to lynch civvies. If I were a baddie, I would have shut up a long time ago.
lynch baddies not lynch civvies. lol
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Havok wrote:You are right. It clearly wasn't something that the baddie team in this game would put forward, but at the time I thought it was. I gave them too much credit for being deep thinkers. At the time, I just didn't understand why a baddie team with 7 members would throw a seemer role under the bus. It made more sense to me to not let the seemer get lynched. I was wrong.

And you made a good point there about your lynch. It would make sense for baddies to jump on the case I put forth. It made sense and was an easy thing to agree with, but laying out the case and jumping on a bandwagon are two different things.
I don't think they threw him under the bus though, they just allowed him to be thrown. If a second Gambit was lynched in future without having done what Domino did, we'd know Exodus must have been fake because a seemer surely wouldn't pick an already revealed role. I think they hoped Gambit would be dead or less blatant, and hoped that Shadowcat would take the fall and when she was lynched people would assume I'd been the baddie and perhaps even rezz their seemer. That set up makes a lot more sense than for some reason claiming to have info about someone whose role they don't even know and wasn't much of a threat and then throwing their own seemer (Domino) under the bus to possibly die with another of their teammates, thereby going from 7 members to 5 in a short space of time when they had a good lead. Also I'm pretty sure you weren't the first to put forward a case against me. Spiral kinda hinted at it in the night and others might have mentioned it as well.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Spiral wrote:Unfortunately, it's not really defendable.
You have someone wrong on your list of civs if you would vote me because of elimination. I am civ though I seem to be an easy mark. It would be a mistake to vote me. I believe there are some misguided civs who believe they have deduced I am bad but I'm not. If there is anything anyone has that is specific I would be happy to respond to it.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Bullzeye wrote:
Havok wrote:You are right. It clearly wasn't something that the baddie team in this game would put forward, but at the time I thought it was. I gave them too much credit for being deep thinkers. At the time, I just didn't understand why a baddie team with 7 members would throw a seemer role under the bus. It made more sense to me to not let the seemer get lynched. I was wrong.

I don't think they threw him under the bus though, they just allowed him to be thrown. If a second Gambit was lynched in future without having done what Domino did, we'd know Exodus must have been fake because a seemer surely wouldn't pick an already revealed role. I think they hoped Gambit would be dead or less blatant, and hoped that Shadowcat would take the fall and when she was lynched people would assume I'd been the baddie and perhaps even rezz their seemer. That set up makes a lot more sense than for some reason claiming to have info about someone whose role they don't even know and wasn't much of a threat and then throwing their own seemer (Domino) under the bus to possibly die with another of their teammates, thereby going from 7 members to 5 in a short space of time when they had a good lead. Also I'm pretty sure you weren't the first to put forward a case against me. Spiral kinda hinted at it in the night and others might have mentioned it as well.
yes, that makes more sense to me now. At the time, what I posted made more sense to me. Proposing an unlikely theory doesn't make someone bad. In my experience, baddies are a lot less likely to propose something that everyone thinks is so far out there. Haven't you ever thought something made sense even when even when others didn't agree?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Havok wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

yes, that makes more sense to me now. At the time, what I posted made more sense to me. Proposing an unlikely theory doesn't make someone bad. In my experience, baddies are a lot less likely to propose something that everyone thinks is so far out there. Haven't you ever thought something made sense even when even when others didn't agree?
Of course, but I just can't shake the feeling that you're bad. I don't know if I'll be around later so I'm gonna *Vote Havok* now just to make sure.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I'm giong to trust Mojo's judgment and vote Havok as well. Hopefully more discussion will occur before I can go, but I am definitely putting my vote there for now.
dunya
Turnip Head
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I really think you guys are making a mistake voting for Havok. As he pointed out, he voted to tie Polaris. Voting records are the one thing I trust. I smell a rat in the state of Denmark.

I am voting for Longshot, and I hope the rest of you sensible people will join me. Remember, I was right about Polaris.

p.s. sorry I've not been around. I was out of town with little/no reception.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

The distressing thing is thta I know Bullz is good and I'm pretty sure Spiral is good, so I hate to see them make the wrong choice.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Avalanche wrote:I really think you guys are making a mistake voting for Havok. As he pointed out, he voted to tie Polaris. Voting records are the one thing I trust. I smell a rat in the state of Denmark.

I am voting for Longshot, and I hope the rest of you sensible people will join me. Remember, I was right about Polaris.

p.s. sorry I've not been around. I was out of town with little/no reception.
I was right about Polaris too. ;)

why Longshot more? Can you talk more about it?
dunya
Turnip Head

Return to “Previous Jobs”