Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 98

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Post by Gunther »

All righty then, not sure what I think of this. I don't know that anyone was actually "outed" via info, maybe more like by process of elimination, maybe? I said Shand & Euro were the SKs by process of elimination (on further rereading, I eliminated Izett, and earlier, Miyuki from that list).

So sorry if you felt outed by that, Euro.

Also, from what you are saying, I am guessing that someone tried to kill you with your own power? That is more like info than outing IMO, and I have kind of been forced into a corner here, which I don't love, but I will do the thing I have to do when the time comes. The die is cast, so to speak.

Also, Bluebeard, since we're talking in the thread, lol, I accepted your gift the second time because I forgot we had 2 days inbetween, and thought it would not count due to double targetting, doh. I have never voluntarily submitted to a block before, and kudos to you for trying it, but it won't happen again :)
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

Right then, I'm voting Miyuki, whose talk of weather has me weirded out.
Fractal
sprityo
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

I'm going with Miyuki too. I think she has deceived and lied through this entire game.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Perd Hapley »

Fane Winebattle wrote:
Eurolyvn Blissfulone wrote:Anyone except one of us. I do not know who has what role right now as far as the civs go, but obviously getting rid of the ability to block would be great, but I'm clue free there. I will not go after any of you, you do not go after me until the civs are sufficiently depleted and you can win. You should know, I cannot be night killed so don't waste a kill on me in case you are considering betraying our alliance. My kill will be blocked each night I am sure but perhaps you all can manage to do some damage on that front. I still have some tricks up my sleeve to help out. The only important thing is that we do not go after each other first. Numbers are key here.
Well, I nominate Orangesprite then, as he has been howling for my blood for days and it's starting to annoy me.
I annoyed you by playing fairly? I knew you were bad through game machanics and called you out? If you need to win so badly that this is how you need to do it, congrats.

Wear that banner with pride. :rolleyes:
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

*votes Fane*
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Grutfud Orangesprite wrote:
Fane Winebattle wrote:
Eurolyvn Blissfulone wrote:Anyone except one of us. I do not know who has what role right now as far as the civs go, but obviously getting rid of the ability to block would be great, but I'm clue free there. I will not go after any of you, you do not go after me until the civs are sufficiently depleted and you can win. You should know, I cannot be night killed so don't waste a kill on me in case you are considering betraying our alliance. My kill will be blocked each night I am sure but perhaps you all can manage to do some damage on that front. I still have some tricks up my sleeve to help out. The only important thing is that we do not go after each other first. Numbers are key here.
Well, I nominate Orangesprite then, as he has been howling for my blood for days and it's starting to annoy me.
I annoyed you by playing fairly? I knew you were bad through game machanics and called you out? If you need to win so badly that this is how you need to do it, congrats.

I don't have any problem with how you've played the game, but I fail to see why it's "unfair" for me to form an allieance with Euro rather than meekly allow ourselves to be voted off.
Fractal
sprityo
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Fane Winebattle wrote:
Fane Winebattle wrote:

I don't have any problem with how you've played the game, but I fail to see why it's "unfair" for me to form an allieance with Euro rather than meekly allow ourselves to be voted off.
I find it hard to believe that if you were a civ, had no btsc and worked to get in a position that the civs had here, just to have the sour grapes baddies out themselves because they got caught you'd be a little less than pleased. In all mafia games, the roles are supposed to be secret. Pretending that is not so is just silly and you are just saying it to advance your position so you can win a game, which you may have won fairly anyway.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

If you were so concerned with keeping the roles secret, why were you only to happy to call out baddies on whom you had info? You're allowed to out baddies, but we're not?

It's not sour grapes in the least, it's called strategy. It was plain that the civvies knew all the remaining roles and outnumbered us, so we had two choices, either roll over and allow ourselvs to die, or keep fighting to win. Explain what rule was broken.
Fractal
sprityo
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Fane Winebattle wrote:If you were so concerned with keeping the roles secret, why were you only to happy to call out baddies on whom you had info? You're allowed to out baddies, but we're not?

It's not sour grapes in the least, it's called strategy. It was plain that the civvies knew all the remaining roles and outnumbered us, so we had two choices, either roll over and allow ourselvs to die, or keep fighting to win. Explain what rule was broken.
Who said I have info? You were obvious. So is Lyle. I have little to no info on you and none on Lyle. It's called right.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Fane Winebattle wrote:If you were so concerned with keeping the roles secret, why were you only to happy to call out baddies on whom you had info? You're allowed to out baddies, but we're not?

This is just a silly thing to say.

Ok next game. Day 0, I'll just come in and first post I'll announce my role. Let's see how the host feels about it. :rolleyes:

Sorry I annoyed you so much because I knew you were bad. But you are and I figured it out. Face it and the way you decided to counter that was lame. You know that's true. You had more than a chance to still win, your team is still intact for god's sake and we still were unsure who each other were.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

This is just a silly thing to say.

Ok next game. Day 0, I'll just come in and first post I'll announce my role. Let's see how the host feels about it. :rolleyes:

Sorry I annoyed you so much because I knew you were bad. But you are and I figured it out. Face it and the way you decided to counter that was lame. You know that's true. You had more than a chance to still win, your team is still intact for god's sake and we still were unsure who each other were.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

If the hostesses decree that we have violated the rules in any way, I will of course defer to their judgment, but I don't see anything lame or unfair about the the strategy Eurolyn proposed. On the contrary, I think it was an inventive way around certain defeat. I'm sorry you are taking this so hard. We may well still lose, but this was or only hope, and if we do lose I will be happy knowing we did everything we could.
Fractal
sprityo
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Fane Winebattle wrote:If the hostesses decree that we have violated the rules in any way, I will of course defer to their judgment, but I don't see anything lame or unfair about the the strategy Eurolyn proposed. On the contrary, I think it was an inventive way around certain defeat. I'm sorry you are taking this so hard. We may well still lose, but this was or only hope, and if we do lose I will be happy knowing we did everything we could.
So I guess you will just ignore my last post where I answered you and said if we all walked into a new game and announced our roles, that would be ok too? there's no rule in mafia that roles are secret?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Snapshot »

votes fane.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

this has turned into a bizarre day I don't think I've seen one go weird so fast before. but I'm willing to roll with it. and lyel is obviously a baddie as well lol so subtle.
Reporting
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

No time like the present to work shit out.
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Sockys2023 »

Fane Winebattle wrote:If the hostesses decree that we have violated the rules in any way, I will of course defer to their judgment, but I don't see anything lame or unfair about the the strategy Eurolyn proposed. On the contrary, I think it was an inventive way around certain defeat. I'm sorry you are taking this so hard. We may well still lose, but this was or only hope, and if we do lose I will be happy knowing we did everything we could.
So I guess you will just ignore my last post where I answered you and said if we all walked into a new game and announced our roles, that would be ok too? there's no rule in mafia that roles are secret?
Your example is ridiculous because it is nothing like what has happened here. I did not out me, you did. You have been clearly dumping info in the thread because at this point you all know who each other are. I did not out myself, I simply acknowledged. This is not Day 1 where no one knows each other. It was not a sour grapes move, contrary to what you think. It was a strategic decision made to have some fun and go down with a fight. I am sorry I have so upset you. I have sent a PM to the hostesses explaining myself and if they deem what I did as wrong then I will move to correct it in the only way I see possible. Until I hear back I will continue playing but will refrain from communicating anything further with the Wickeds, though it does not matter now. I think we have communicated all that was needed to form our alliance already.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

In the meantime, I voted Miyuki.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

ATTENTION:

Alright, everyone, here's the deal, just so everyone now knows what has been going on because I feel it would benefit to put everything into perspective. There has been A LOT going on behind the scenes this game due to separate independent incidents and the hosts and I have tried our best to deal with all these situations. I would very much appreciate it if everyone read all of this.

To summarize, at some time there occurred a host error that resulted in a baddie team feeling that they were unfairly denied their chance for everything to play out and for them to secure victory. Additionally, as I am sure all of you can recognize and agree, this game is complex -- with all its secrets and all of the failed lynches and NKs -- and consequently, sometimes things don't work out the way that players are really hoping and strategizing for them to. As a result of these, there was an incident when someone acted a bit in frustration but also without foresight in the thread regarding this matter. While that person had absolutely no intention or thought of offense, it caused some serious offense, and I tried to deal with it properly by listening to all sides involved. The hosts have been busy and were was not exactly sure how to resolve the situation and asked for my advice. I had players venting at me in every which way, so I stepped up and just made a decision to try to best appease to everyone given ALL facts of what has occurred throughout the game at that time. I spent, no exaggeration, hours behind the scenes dealing with all parties affected by not only what occurred in thread that upset some parties but also the fact that a baddie team felt that, at that time, frustrated and wanted to be remedied. However, I felt that the situation was adequately resolved after I let the main two individuals involved in that situation vent to me regarding the matter, and no one even indirectly affected by this remedy of whom I made aware of it consulted me regarding it.

Because all teams have played such an impeccable game and this has come down to the wire, the game has become especially heated. Now we seem to have another incident with an individual, again, frustrated because that person feels that victory is impossible to reach now, decided to make a proposal in thread that has caused some uproar, upset, and disagreement as to whether it is fair or not. This person has sent a PM to the hosts explaining the reasoning behind the decision and has resigned to their judgment on the matter whether it is fair or not. If it is fair or unfair, the appropriate decision will be made, but at the discretion of the hosts, who are busy and have not had chance to weigh in on this matter just yet. It is unfair for me to make a unilateral decision on this matter because it is not my game to run. Because I am the Mod on Duty, I am more of an acting arbitrator and assistant to the hosts in this game, but because of the wealth and extremity of situations that have come to arise throughout this game, my role has at times had to step up from what it otherwise should be in order to best assist the hosts and ensure that all of you players have the fair and enjoyable experience that you all signed up for, and so fairly deserve because you've made a commitment and invested your time and effort into this venture.

Because I feel all of these outbreaks in this game have arisen as a result of everyone not knowing everything going on and because players perhaps don't understand the exact train of thought of others and why they, in the moment, acted the way they did or think the way they do regarding any situation or how any situation has been handled throughout any point in the game, I am proposing a more than thorough discussion at endgame. Of course, usually these things happen at the endgame discussion, but I feel it is especially healthy and beneficial for absolutely anyone and everyone in this game to be able to voice 100% of everything they feel regarding the first incident, this baddie outing incident, or absolutely anything. After such a discussion where everyone is able to express their thoughts and feelings behind why they acted how they did, I am sure it will be recognized that we are all among friends, that none of us meant absolutely any offense, and that we all are but actors in the play of what Rox and bea have so graciously and impressively concocted as the play of Grimm's Fairly Tales.

Consequently, let's please refrain from the heated discussion as to whether we agree, disagree, or whatever with the current or any other incident, see what the hosts have to mandate and what they believe is the best way to go from here and resolve the matter, and continue playing the game.

The hosts deserve a hand for crafting such an excellent game and all of you players all do for playing such an excellent game, so let's keep that in mind. I think some stars should be thrown in celebration all around because of all the excellence going around here. :yay:
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eurolyvn Blissfulone wrote:
Your example is ridiculous because it is nothing like what has happened here. I did not out me, you did. You have been clearly dumping info in the thread because at this point you all know who each other are. I did not out myself, I simply acknowledged. This is not Day 1 where no one knows each other. It was not a sour grapes move, contrary to what you think. It was a strategic decision made to have some fun and go down with a fight. I am sorry I have so upset you. I have sent a PM to the hostesses explaining myself and if they deem what I did as wrong then I will move to correct it in the only way I see possible. Until I hear back I will continue playing but will refrain from communicating anything further with the Wickeds, though it does not matter now. I think we have communicated all that was needed to form our alliance already.
I said I thought you were bad. I did not say I knew it I did not say I had info. You said you were bad. You outted yourself.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Thanks for that, MP. I'll let the mods decide how to handle what has happened... but I do hope the civs will get some secret prizes. :slick:
Reporting
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Spacedaisy »

It does not matter. The fall out of this isn't worth it to me. I will take myself out of the game and you can have your win without any fight at all. Sorry Wickeds.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

I voted fane. In case anyone wonders, I still thought that Grutfud may have been recruited by one of the baddie teams until he said he was suspicious of the same people I suspected. All of the interpretations of things said in the thread can cause an awful lot of upset, but I don't think they always mean what people think they mean.
Assault
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

:sigh: Account fail. Oh well, it doesn't matter at this point.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Thanks for the thoughtful post, MP. As I said, I am more than happy to let the hosts make the call on this whichever way they see fit. I do not feel that I or my team has done anything improper, but if it is judged that way, I will abide by the decision without complaint. I have thoroughly enjoyed this game and the hosts have, in my opinion, done a great job.
Fractal
sprityo
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Chin up, Euro (hugs)

At the end of the day its only a game, after all!
Reporting
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

I know. I don't care if I lose, I already lost no matter what happens. But thanks Diedre. :)
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Spacedaisy wrote:It does not matter. The fall out of this isn't worth it to me. I will take myself out of the game and you can have your win without any fight at all. Sorry Wickeds.
OH please don't make this seem like I"m the one who wasn't playing. I was perfectly content to play this game out. There was plenty of fight ahead for us. By outting yourselves you were the one who wanted a win without a fight .
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Daisy = Euro. K.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

HEY! I said refrain from this until end of game and in a respectful fashion. Please stop. Now.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Sorry.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dierdre Wonderbird wrote:Chin up, Euro (hugs)

At the end of the day its only a game, after all!
And yes, this is very true. I want everyone to remember that in the end this is only a game!
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:I'd also like to hear some more from dierdre.

And anchorete mentioned the possibility of a recruit. Grutfud, what do think of that possibility?
I don't think I put much faith in that theory. If there ever was one, I don't think that person is still amongst us. :shrug:
Still catching up, but I agree. I don't think that makes any sense. If it were true, the game would likely be over right now - if my maths are correct.

I haven't finished reading the thread, but doesn't it stand to reason that Fane NKed Shand last night? I'm going to look at the updated post with deaths and such and see if it says which group killed Shand.

I don't imagine Fane has an unlynchable role - I know that lynch protects have been given out as prizes throughout the game. I also think a civ would have told us they were going to survive the lynch so we didn't waste it on them. :) (Fane didn't, obviously, as we remember.) I'll finish catching up and then re-assess.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Ok, clearly should have caught up entirely before posting. Bizarre day. I have loads I want to say, but will try not to say anything for now. I haven't had any info all game, just FYI.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Oh yeah, *voting Fane*.

Also a reminder - this type of "slip up" has been pulled (ingeniously, I might add) by Daisy in the past. Let's don't relax or think anything is settled gang. Don't let that make anyone feel victorious or beaten just yet. Not a new, wiley tactic - mmmkay? ;)
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

So if Anchorete comes in she'll tie the vote. Yikes!
Reporting
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

the game is over.
goodies win
the wicked ones win
the big bad baddies win
the free thinkers win

i am so sorry that a host error led to all of this. it will never happen again.

i or bea will post everything later b/c i am at work now. sorry i did not do this sooner but i worked until 2 last night and had court this morning at 830. i have to work until 6 tonight see you all then.
;)
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by timmer »

So long to my Dierdre, I enjoyed the character and the role! Sorry the game ended this way hosts, it was a fun one, though!
My siggie.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

Girls. All I really want is girls.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I just have to say it was a blast to watch all of you play out this game! Really exceptional games played by all sides here. I'm sure the endgame will reveal much of what was going on behind the scenes because there was a ton! Very accomplished game that both Rox and bea had created here, so I again want to thank them both.

Host errors happen, it's no big deal, so I want to emphasize that they both still hosted a really creative and awesome game. I was hoping I'd get to play, but modding worked out much better while I was still finishing up testing.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Queran - DH - I'm going to get you back some day for what you did to me! I was Bronwyn Mightyfeet. Timmer, I would have never had guessed that was you. My first three checks by the way were Carmen, Queran, and Rhinfrew.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Epignosis »

Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:I was Bronwyn Mightyfeet.
By the looks of it, you still are! :haha:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Oh, and hosts, I think you know already that I loved, loved, loved the game. and Oh Epig, i forgot i was logged on as her - I am juliets.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

queran as dh makes such sense mahaha
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:Oh, and hosts, I think you know already that I loved, loved, loved the game. and Oh Epig, i forgot i was logged on as her - I am juliets.
I figured that out on Day 2. ;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

timmer, I just assumed you weren't going to play because you had announced that you were taking a break from Mafia. Nice surprise though!
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by thellama73 »

Great game, Rox and Bea! It was a blast. I hope the constant bickering between the players didn't spoil it for you guys. I thought you did a great job.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:timmer, I just assumed you weren't going to play because you had announced that you were taking a break from Mafia. Nice surprise though!
This threw me off too! I was trying to guess along with all of you guys and I totally messed up that because I was considering timmer to not even be in the game.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 7

Post by DharmaHelper »

What did I do to Bronwyn? I forget :P
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Querans first post I knew who he was~ I was Bac before I replaced back in.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell

Return to “Previous Jobs”