Posts in topic: 17

Re: [NIGHT 3] Fight Club Mafia - New Castle, DE

Post by unfurl »

Aparently I can kick peoples behind too hard, and Im a pacifist :daisy: :P
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I always knew you had it in ya Unfurl. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

hehe XD bea, good to finally see you :bea:
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

I can vote for you, if is you wish to fight btw
well there still a lot time to make a decision, but Im ok with votting for people that want to fight as I has no clue of what is the best to do in this game
even if still feel weird that people actually want to be voted for
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by timmer »

I can certainly fight again if there is a lack of volunteers, but I'll likely just vote for whoever wants to fight the most.
My siggie.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 16

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Yeah, if we have a lack of volunteers, I am more than willing to fight again.

Sorry that re-read took so long! I got interrupted by family dinner and family game of Euchre afterwards.

I know one big reason I would like to fight again is because I would love an opportunity to kick DH's butt. Of everyone I have encountered so far, I'm starting to think there is a legitimately good chance he is Tyler. I believe all of these quotes are from Day 1 (can't remember because I pulled them aside before dinner), but feel free to double-check me on those. I think he tried from the beginning of the game to make this a "city vs. city" and "New Castle vs. The World" thing, instead of it being about Tyler and the Police. And I know for a fact he's definitely intelligent enough to suss out such a strategy if he is indeed bad. Especially since in a game like this, almost every player starts out with next to no information. And most are just wanting to survive, so the idea of forming a bloc that votes and moves a certain way is going to naturally draw some people in. But if you take that strategy to it's extreme, it gets in the way of hunting down Tyler, possibly allowing him to gather more recruits and/or become more powerful.

Anyway, here are some quotes for you all to digest:
DharmaHelper wrote:Can I make a proposal?

Assuming we all survive the night, it would be in our best interests collectively to stay together. If that means we all want to move, we all move into the same new city. If we all elect to stay, so be it. But we should work together and vote together from here on out. In this way we can ensure that we do not needlessly endanger ourselves moving forward.
DharmaHelper wrote:Another thing to keep in mind is that it seems like we will be fighting people within our city (or more accurately the city we are currently in), since I'm fighting Kate. What I originally thought was that it would be city vs. city, so I'm sort of disappointed that we are guaranteed to lose someone tonight. But that also means that each of these other cities are going to be losing people.

The main reason I want to make sure we all pick a unified option is so that in the future we are not forced to fight (and therefore die) because one city has a majority rule. If we all go to the same place we have a cushion of 8 votes to give to someone NOT from our city, giving us some security when it comes to fights.
DharmaHelper wrote:So essentially we have two options I think, play defensively and stay in New Castle, or play aggressively and invade another city with the intent to force them to fight each other. Both options have drawbacks and advantages, which I will try to cover in this post (Terribly sorry if I am rambling but I want to get as much of my thoughts as I can out so that in the event I am eliminated, at least I did my best to ensure that New Castle is safe and secure and you all are well equipped moving forward.

If we stay here, we have no idea how many people from how many different cities are coming to New Castle. But we have home field advantage in that anyone who decides to come to us has no idea what to expect when they get here. We also make sure that New Castle stays in control of New Castle, and that our city (and our thread) Do not get overrun.

If we go to another city, we have no idea how many people are there or how many other city folks have the same idea, but we have at least some plan of attack and we would learn the lay of the land a bit more as opposed to if we remained here, and were therefore isolated from any of the other threads/discussions.

Therefore what I think is the best move for ALL of us is this:

We decide which city we'd like to move to, and move there en masse, leaving New Castle behind for now. Once in our new city with the 8 of us that remain after my fight with Kate, we are likely to ensure at least one person who is not from New Castle fights the next fight, if we all buckle up and vote together *(And if we all vote..cough cough)*. From there, hopefully we can press our advantage and numbers until we reach a tipping point and the fights are less of an issue.

Ideally, I would also argue that discussing an alliance with another city would be most helpful at least in this early stage of the game. 8 votes is nice, but 16 would be better.
DharmaHelper wrote:
@Bullz - I see your points, but I think that open discussion is our best course of action. We don't have access to a massive chat or btsc or anything of the like, so this is the best and only way to coordinate an effort. As you said, most likely the other cities are considering the same sort of plans and strategies, so in my mind it doesn't matter if we try to hide it or not. Everyone should know where they stand, the cards are out on the table. It would be illogical NOT to work with the people in your city at this stage in the game, and I would expect nothing less from the other cities, so I see no reason for the cloak and dagger just yet.

In regards to the City Alliance Idea, I do remember Sherlock, trust me. I would not endorse nor participate in an alliance unless we as a group were 100% sold on it and we were in considerable control of the situation. I just have to believe that at some point the suggestion of an alliance is going to come up, and would rather we not get caught behind the eight ball and fall victim to a massive push from 2 or 3 other cities.
DharmaHelper wrote: Sorry if it seems like I'm spewing guys, I'm just really interested in the game and committed to getting a good start. I'm starting to feel like I'm talking a bit too much tho so I will try and shush and get a consensus. This plan only works if we are a democracy and if everyone has a say before we reach a final decision.
Perhaps he is trying to appear to not play his cards close to his hand in order to attract some people who are open to simply surviving. But that alone will not work well in this game. If I happen to wind up in the same thread as him again, I am doing everything I can to end up fighting him. He's my #1 target of people in this game that I do not trust.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

EBWOP: Oh wise (and recently engaged) Sockface, would you mind fixing my foolish error and correcting that quote-fail of mine? Thanks!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 18

Post by S~V~S »

I fought yesterday, and lost. I did not take damage, though, I only "just" lost. But I am willing to sit this one out and let some other new fighters fight. Anyone here that has not fought before?

I was in DC yesterday, and this was who went where (I clipped this early in the day, but no one voted after this):

Also, there was some productive talk about the message in the sig, apparently he used the letter shifter as well as the text coder, I believe BR said she thought the H was an A, since there is a solitary "h" towards the very end~ if that helps anyone. I am the suck at decoding, so I thought i would throw this out there for those who are not.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

The decoding isn't a hard one, tbh. But I'm at a loss to figure out the answer it requires... :sigh:
My siggie.
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Im terrible at decoding, is enough for my brain to process 2 languages, not even going to try to search in google
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Re: [POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - Delaware City, DE

Postby MovingPictures07 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:27:55 pm
DAY 3

Who should fight?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:24:53 pm

AceofSpaces
No votes

Black Rock
No votes

DharmaHelper
No votes

insertnamehere
insertnamehere (5) 20%

Leamiteo
Leamiteo (4) 20%

Nevinera
AceofSpaces (3) 20%

S~V~S
S~V~S (2) 20%

DisgruntledPorcupine's corpse! (host, injured)
MovingPictures07 (1) 20%
Total votes : 5
This is our fight poll showing who was in the thread; only 4 of us voted, though, out of 7 :(

I fought INH. Like i said, he won, but I took little enough damage that i moved forward.

Linki@ Timmer~ what do you mean? I have not read back yet.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I mean I decoded the message, but I have no idea what to do with it.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

And what's with "Marla Singer" listed as a member of the site every now and then? Has anyone seen her post or do anything?
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think DH was on the verge of it, but he did not say for sure. If you feel comfortable telling, maybe we all can work on it. But if not, thats OK, too.

I am going to go heat up come manicotti, and read back in this thread.

Linki, Marla is one of the roles, so I would guess she has access to all threads. I have seen her lurking in all of the threads I have been in, and i don't think I have had any common people in all the threads I have been in (I have not been in NJ; I have been to Wilmington, DC twice (my original thread, I plan to go back every other day) and now here.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

SOME Manicotti o.O
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

I has a theorie about fighting patterns, then I want to share

Day/Night 1, Day/Night 3 no one died, just injured and severly injured
Day/Night 2, DP died in Delaware

Now we are in Day/Night 4, if someone dies, in x place during this period, maybe there is a pattern???

like how is gonna be determined how someone dies, makes me curious, like there is very likely a reason or rule? and it will make sense in my mind there could be a pattern
like even day/night someone dies? but how is determined, is a very good question

Maybe is just coincidence if it happens again, or maybe there is a pattern?
But I guess is all about waiting to see for now
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

timmer wrote:And what's with "Marla Singer" listed as a member of the site every now and then? Has anyone seen her post or do anything?
I saw her in delaware and willmington like reading at the bottom of the thread
Not idea whats her deal
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 35

Post by thellama73 »

I like where your head's at, BWT. I would also like to add that DH seemed almost desperate to fight me, knowing that he had already won one fight and would surely defeat me. I found that a little odd. (not that he would want to win, but that he would single out me, an obvious underdog for it)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Does anyone know who fought last night or the night before at Penn's Grove? That Jersey town is a gaping hole in my records.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Well I'm glad someone else sees what I'm seeing. Thanks llama!

And not sure about Penn's Grove yet. I have yet to travel there myself.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Well I'm glad someone else sees what I'm seeing. Thanks llama!

And not sure about Penn's Grove yet. I have yet to travel there myself.
I'll probably go there tomorrow, if only to fill in my records.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm voting for Mongoose to fight because she hasn't yet and I think it's her turn.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Is she the only one who has not fought?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Is she the only one who has not fought?
Nope. Also birdwithteeth, Mister Rearranger, and Roxy.

I've had a think about strategy, and I think it is in all of our best interests to spread the fghting out as much as possible. Since Project Mayhem can presumably recruit whomever they want, if too much power gets concentrated into too few hands, Project Mayhem can just recruit those people and we are done for. Here, as always, our strength is in numbers, so if we try to keep power levels fairly evenly balanced, we will be better off.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

BWT fought Day One in Delaware City
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:

I've had a think about strategy, and I think it is in all of our best interests to spread the fghting out as much as possible. Since Project Mayhem can presumably recruit whomever they want, if too much power gets concentrated into too few hands, Project Mayhem can just recruit those people and we are done for. Here, as always, our strength is in numbers, so if we try to keep power levels fairly evenly balanced, we will be better off.
And Hold YOUR HATS~!!!

I agree 100%, I want to avoid concentrating the power in the hands of a few.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:BWT fought Day One in Delaware City
Oh yeah. I knew that. Duh.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

And Hold YOUR HATS~!!!

I agree 100%, I want to avoid concentrating the power in the hands of a few.
Very true. I might vote for someone who hasn't fought yet then.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Just to play devils advocate though wouldn't concentrating also theoretically help the police? my stance is always to let people who haven't yet fought have the chance but if they don't want to im not sure I would vote to force them . what if the police have to try not to fight for instance?

so people who haven't fought yet shout out if you want to! !
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:Just to play devils advocate though wouldn't concentrating also theoretically help the police? my stance is always to let people who haven't yet fought have the chance but if they don't want to im not sure I would vote to force them . what if the police have to try not to fight for instance?

If there is such a hidden role mechanic, you would have a point, but frankly I doubt it and I see no evidence to suggest it. However, I guess it could be the case that concentrating power would make obvious choices for Project Mayhem to recruit and thus the police to find, but ther's one other angle you haven't considered. If a few people keep fighting and getting stringer, they will inevitably kill of more of the rest of us in the process, and that may include policemen, so I don't think it's a good idea.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

timmer wrote:Just to play devils advocate though wouldn't concentrating also theoretically help the police? my stance is always to let people who haven't yet fought have the chance but if they don't want to im not sure I would vote to force them . what if the police have to try not to fight for instance?

I don't want to force anyone, no, but if someone is an entry level fighter, at some point they will run into a bully, perhaps in a thread with only a few people, and they may be more likely to be forced at the hands of a power hungry person, with more levels of experience. I guess it is possible what you say about the police, but it is conjecture. I think it is in everyones best interest to fight in order to make themselves less vulnerable.

There is also the point that has been made that shutting people we suspect out of fights may be a good thing. That was why i asked if you still suspected someone you had said seemed to not know what was in the civvie PMs.

In my last thread we had a plan (that might have worked better if all had voted) that those that wanted to fight self voted, and the rest were deciders. In theory at least, our deciders wound up not voting :sigh: Maybe we could try that?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

S~V~S wrote:

I don't want to force anyone, no, but if someone is an entry level fighter, at some point they will run into a bully, perhaps in a thread with only a few people, and they may be more likely to be forced at the hands of a power hungry person, with more levels of experience. I guess it is possible what you say about the police, but it is conjecture. I think it is in everyones best interest to fight in order to make themselves less vulnerable.

There is also the point that has been made that shutting people we suspect out of fights may be a good thing. That was why i asked if you still suspected someone you had said seemed to not know what was in the civvie PMs.

In my last thread we had a plan (that might have worked better if all had voted) that those that wanted to fight self voted, and the rest were deciders. In theory at least, our deciders wound up not voting :sigh: Maybe we could try that?
Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that... that was Mongoose, I think? I can't find the post because it was in a different Fight Club, but Mongoose, I think it was you on day 1 had made a comment about how the hometown thing meant nothing to do. What did you mean by that?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

thellama73 wrote:

If there is such a hidden role mechanic, you would have a point, but frankly I doubt it and I see no evidence to suggest it. However, I guess it could be the case that concentrating power would make obvious choices for Project Mayhem to recruit and thus the police to find, but ther's one other angle you haven't considered. If a few people keep fighting and getting stringer, they will inevitably kill of more of the rest of us in the process, and that may include policemen, so I don't think it's a good idea.
I'm basically just saying that if someone wants to sit at level 1 and wait to die, I'm not going to waste my time with them, but that's the beauty of the poll, if you guys thick different, that person will fight whether I care or not :ninja:

As it stands, I'm 1-1 so far but I like fighting. What's the point of not having some fun?
My siggie.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Idk about Mongoose but it did happen Day 1 in Wilmington and it was Hedgeowl. llama was the one to point it out first.

I don't like the way Timmer seems to be clamoring to fight.

I have not fought and thought maybe I would now but......
Unfurl with her paranoiac theory has left me a bit fight shy tbh.

As for DH it was all I could talk about since hearing last day period that he in fact had proposed a voting bloc/us vs them thing in his own hometown then proceeded to declare someone bad/untrustworthy (llama) when he came to Wilmington.

after reading for myself I can't believe it. It really has left me feeling very untrusty of him.

SVS - you were there in Wilmington when DH made a big deal about it - what do think now after reading this thread?
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [DAY 4] Fight Club Mafia - New Castle, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

My signature has been solved!

The role list has been appropriately updated.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I was in Jersey. Can update when I get.home. I haven't fought yet.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer wrote:Hmm, I guess MP forgot that I wanted to jump to Delaware City... oh, well, next time!
Bah! So sorry about that. I must not have updated my spreadsheet for your request to change your vote after the fact. Lol at logistics. At least that's my first (and hopefully only) permissions mistake.

birdwithteeth11 wrote:EBWOP: Oh wise (and recently engaged) Sockface, would you mind fixing my foolish error and correcting that quote-fail of mine? Thanks!
Done.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Roxy wrote:Idk about Mongoose but it did happen Day 1 in Wilmington and it was Hedgeowl
Yeah, I was a bit fuzzy on it but it caught my eye once I got there and I gave a shout out to the cops about it. Sorry goose, I guess it wasnt you!

As for clamoring to fight, I'd say my posts havent exactly had a "clamoring" tone, Ive been pretty clear that id fight if everyone else didnt want to, thats all. Ill still vote for whoever says they want to over my own self! :noble:

Interesting about the roles, I had that thing decoded early but couldn't find the answer to what it was asking.
My siggie.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Post by Mister Rearranger »

thellama73 wrote:Just finished reading the thread. I'm amused to see that DH proposed a similar strategy to what I proposed on Day 1. Then he came over to WIlmington and immediately started attacking me for my posts. How did he not think that subterfuge would be found out? :)
Yeah, I believe I shot a "What?" to him over in Wilmington after that post and I don't think he ever addressed it. :/

Ah well, I'd like to fight if that's cool.

In the meantime, here's a picture of a bear fight club:

shh, don't talk about it...
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Timmer, I'm not sure that was me, sug.

Also, this thread keeps disappearing and reappearing. It is often not here when I look. It's just the signup thread. I should speak to SVS. Seriously, it's not here 9/10 that I try to read the thread.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Oh wait SVS is in this game. I'll PM the mod tomorrow, it's late.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:I'm voting for Mongoose to fight because she hasn't yet and I think it's her turn.

RUDE

I don't mind if others vote me though, I'm fine to take a turn.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Mongoose wrote:Timmer, I'm not sure that was me, sug.

Also, this thread keeps disappearing and reappearing. It is often not here when I look. It's just the signup thread. I should speak to SVS. Seriously, it's not here 9/10 that I try to read the thread.
Are you logging in and out? You can't see this thread unless you are logged in as you. When I check the game at work where I can't leave myself logged in, its always just the signup thread at first.
My siggie.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

timmer wrote:

Are you logging in and out? You can't see this thread unless you are logged in as you. When I check the game at work where I can't leave myself logged in, its always just the signup thread at first.
Hmm, maybe that's it. I often don't bother to log in if I don't see something new I need to respond to. Sloth is the worst.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Voted llama for an A.S.S. tête-à-tête.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Roxy wrote:Idk about Mongoose but it did happen Day 1 in Wilmington and it was Hedgeowl. llama was the one to point it out first.

As for DH it was all I could talk about since hearing last day period that he in fact had proposed a voting bloc/us vs them thing in his own hometown then proceeded to declare someone bad/untrustworthy (llama) when he came to Wilmington.

after reading for myself I can't believe it. It really has left me feeling very untrusty of him.

SVS - you were there in Wilmington when DH made a big deal about it - what do think now after reading this thread?
Actually, I thought he had said Mongoose too, which is why I asked that, but now that you say Hedgeowl, I remember that now, too.

As for DH, he and I had a bit of a grrrr thing in DC; he was being very insistent on fighting, although he had already fought, while the other experienced person in the thread, BR, was willing to sit back and let some of the rest of us get some skills; there was some paranoia. As for what he said here & what happened in WIlmington, I did not totally read it the way you did. In Wilmington, I thought it was the "gang up on the noobs" sentiment he was attacking on more so than the "alliance" sentiment. I did think he was trying to stir up some shit in Wilmington, though. My recollection could be colored, though, by the memory of llama saying stuff like, "I am not powerful enough to kill you yet", lol. I remember agreeing with DH more than not, so i was kinda surprised by hpw strong he came on in DC. Then he wound up forgetting to vote :stare:

I will reread his posts here again tonight, I just kind of skimmed the whole thing last night, it was a beautiful evening, I would up sitting outside with the dog and a bug light reading rather than at my desk.
timmer wrote:

This^^ Permissions are what they are, they don't fade in & out. You are in a group that can ONLY see your city, and only people in your group can see it. If you are not logged in, you can't see it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, the sig is gone. MPs sig.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Do you really want to fight me, Mongoose? You realize I just put Long Con in the hospital.

unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Roxy wrote:Idk about Mongoose but it did happen Day 1 in Wilmington and it was Hedgeowl. llama was the one to point it out first.

My paranoia is what keeps me alive at times :ninja: maybe wait to see if someone dies this period, to see if is just paranoia or maybe my theorie could be onto something
I asked MP if he was gonna writte a post everytime someone died from fighting and he said yes, so not matter the place where you are, you will see it, if it happens
and if you read back DP post, there is a clue from the places, it mentions Delaware and New Jersey, hometown of his and mine, so the post will very likely give those same clues again

DH, is good at being the pot calling the kettle black,
I have not run into the same place at the same time, but with the comments about him and reading him here, sounds like he wants to win this game really bad, amd wants to make sure he is powerfull, defitnely I do not trust him, but then I trust no one :P
not sure exactly what it means on terms of his alliance
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

thellama73 wrote:Do you really want to fight me, Mongoose? You realize I just put Long Con in the hospital.
why did you voted for her so early, if she did not actually wanted to fight, where others said they do want to fight?

Return to “Previous Jobs”