63%

Total votes: 8
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Re: The Hobbit Mafia

Post by Leamiteo »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:
insertnamehere wrote: Usually in big games like these, I sit back and watch for the first few cycles, and then presumably if I'm not eliminated, I start posting more and more. I like to get an idea of the dynamic of the game before I completely dive in.

That being said, I agree with FZ. To me it looked like MP was just making a suggestion to vote a NP if no clear candidate is revealed, which happens often on this site. The fact that K4J immediately jumped on that makes me a bit nervous.
This first part is my thinking exactly, although the whole big game thing doesn't mean that much to me. These are the only ones I've played.

And I can't fully agree with the second. I feel slightly suspicious of MP, but I seriously always do. He's just seemed a little wishy washy about whether it's ok to vote a no-poster. But I know how analytical-to-a-fault he can be, so it could be just that.

And this is why I sit back to start, because I don't have much to go on right now.
I'm all caught up now, woot! I agree with you CBK, MP is chatty, he thinks out loud, he tries to pull people in and points fingers to start conversation. It's not a matter of my defending him or not, just calling out the norm. Same with llama and mongoose.

I have no suspicions yet, everyone is anxious and excited in the beginning, everyone is trying to feel things out, like sleeping among the enemy! :ninja:

I will have to vote early, but am going to let all this talk settle and do so around or shortly after lunch time before I head out to the wedding.

Off to bed with me. :offtobed:
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Oh, one more thing! I'm going to vote for MP based on how many times he uses the word nefarious throughout this game. :feb:
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

Boogs wrote:I will be busy all day tomorrow with friends and a dance recital my friend is doing, so I will now vote before bed. I don't think anything ever stands out to me on Day 1, but I will randomize.

I am voting for kneel4justice . Sorry poodle
Let me find out y'all trying to 'randomize' me out of this game! :evileye:
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Leamiteo wrote:Oh, one more thing! I'm going to vote for MP based on how many times he uses the word nefarious throughout this game. :feb:
haha, I noticed the same thing :D

MovingPictures07, The Nefarious, residing in the Misty Posts and bending all thoughts of suspicion upom Himself, dominating through self-destruction

Ok, that's more about previous experience. You know I'm just picking on you, MP.
By the way, I noticed two names for you included "Master." I think you should just go ahead and take The Master leap. :)
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

I will check in tomorrow if I can. At least to vote but I won't have much time. I think I know who I'm voting for..but I want to see if anything changes.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:For Such a Time as This
by Neal Dwarfs

For such a time as this, Gandalf is here
For all the time he took, he was not late nor soon
For such a time as this,
There's Mountains full of Mist
The old man is a magely kook
Ah, but you are still
Just a fool of a Took.

:noble:
Mongoose wrote:There once was an adventurous hobbit
Who crafted and sang many a sonnet
on a trip did he go
With some friends and a foe
and sang 'em nonstop 'til they cried "Stop It!"
Metalmarsh89 wrote:And here we are now, begun a new quest
To seek the Lonely Mountain in the west
A wizard, a hobbit, and a handful as well
Of dwarves of all sizes, ages, and smell
Out of the Shire and onto the road
I now have my hanky; in my pocket it's stowed
And onward we travel, with haste in our tracks
Accompanied by ponies who have lightened our backs
What adventure awaits us on the morrow and more?
What creatures dwell ahead? What danger's in store?
Though these thoughts overwhelm; my resolve I renew
For thellama is with us with his mustache askew
I love you guys. Seriously.

The nitpick in me feels compelled to point out that Bilbo actually left his hobbit-hole that fateful day without his handkerchief. However, the poem you wrote is so brilliant that it's one of my favorites ever despite that, Metalmarsh.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Quick note! Thorin's description has been updated. I realized I left something out. His power has not changed, just the description of the character.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

Another mafia game another first lynch vote. I am not "pinged" by anyone in particular at the moment. MP is maybe posting less than usual but I don't know if that is suspicious in itself.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by reywaS »

kneel4justice wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
juliets wrote:I may vote for the person with the most "filler" posts - posts that are only tangentially or not at all related to the thread.
Ok, I can see some problems with this. What denominates "filler"? Is it OT posts? What about posts that are only half OT? Are those considered one half in your scoring system? What about jokes? If I post a suspicion of someone, and add a joke at the end, does that count as "filler"? Also, if I post 8 "filler" posts and 2 "on-topic" posts, would I be ranked higher or lower in your magical "filler" system than someone with only 2 "filler" posts in the thread? If you deem a post to be "filler", can someone dispute that claim?

On a "serious" note, I'm not sure I like this. One of the reasons I love this site is the banter, which you affectionately refer to as "filler". Even if you don't enjoy it, persecuting those who do just seems kind mean-spirited. Also, my "strategy" is to usually sit back and observe for the first few cycles, and see what developments happen. I don't want to be misconstrued as inactive, so I post "filler", usually with some connection to the game. It doesn't mean I'm not taking the game seriously, I just play it in a different way. For you to condemn players like me because of it, strikes me as a bit rude.
I understand this is probably genuine (and you give me a new perspective on those who don't necessarily talk a lot) but I'm not sure I like how you've villainized Juliets for it. You kind of blew up what she said and made it a big deal by calling it rude or condemning.
Whatchu said!
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
juliets wrote:I may vote for the person with the most "filler" posts - posts that are only tangentially or not at all related to the thread.
Ok, I can see some problems with this. What denominates "filler"? Is it OT posts? What about posts that are only half OT? Are those considered one half in your scoring system? What about jokes? If I post a suspicion of someone, and add a joke at the end, does that count as "filler"? Also, if I post 8 "filler" posts and 2 "on-topic" posts, would I be ranked higher or lower in your magical "filler" system than someone with only 2 "filler" posts in the thread? If you deem a post to be "filler", can someone dispute that claim?

On a "serious" note, I'm not sure I like this. One of the reasons I love this site is the banter, which you affectionately refer to as "filler". Even if you don't enjoy it, persecuting those who do just seems kind mean-spirited. Also, my "strategy" is to usually sit back and observe for the first few cycles, and see what developments happen. I don't want to be misconstrued as inactive, so I post "filler", usually with some connection to the game. It doesn't mean I'm not taking the game seriously, I just play it in a different way. For you to condemn players like me because of it, strikes me as a bit rude.
I understand this is probably genuine (and you give me a new perspective on those who don't necessarily talk a lot) but I'm not sure I like how you've villainized Juliets for it. You kind of blew up what she said and made it a big deal by calling it rude or condemning.
Whatchu said!
Yep.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

I may not be back for the poll, so I am going to vote now. I am placing a vote on MP. I really don't like how he pointed it out so many times to vote nonparticipants. If people want to do this, that's fine, but he seemed to push it. I think K4J made a decent point. :)

Llama, I am not sure why you asked me what you did, but I await your response! :P
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote: Llama, I am not sure why you asked me what you did, but I await your response! :P
Well, I'm about to tell you, if you'll listen.
Dom wrote:Just checking in, Sorry I've been less present than I'd like to be. I've had quite the day!

I see FZ and MP have been talking quite a bit. That doesn't surprise me one bit. Kyle, I think you make a fair point. I would like to read up on this more when I have time. We have until Saturday, which is nice.
This post stuck out to me. I don't know why, but it just felt off. Insincere, perhaps. Just a gut feeling I had. I wanted to get you talking to see if my suspicion remained or went away after you were more vocal. Unfortunately, your response had much less detail than I would have liked. I also think your vote for MP is opportunistic.

Sorry, buddy, but I'm gonna have to vote for you today. I am just not feeling good about you this game.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And for anyone who cares, I'm still working on crafting my nicknames for everyone. :feb:
You don't know me. :llama:
No, I don't really, but that won't stop me. :feb:

Boogs wrote:I will be busy all day tomorrow with friends and a dance recital my friend is doing, so I will now vote before bed. I don't think anything ever stands out to me on Day 1, but I will randomize.

I don't like this vote.

Tempted to throw a vote at Boogs for it, but it just feels too easy. I just can't bring myself to vote for the first random voter.

Hedgeowl wrote:I'll be sticking with my focus on the high posters this game. You know who you are. :eye:

Top ten posters, you've been warned. :D
Bring it. :feb:

insertnamehere wrote: Usually in big games like these, I sit back and watch for the first few cycles, and then presumably if I'm not eliminated, I start posting more and more. I like to get an idea of the dynamic of the game before I completely dive in.

That being said, I agree with FZ. To me it looked like MP was just making a suggestion to vote a NP if no clear candidate is revealed, which happens often on this site. The fact that K4J immediately jumped on that makes me a bit nervous.
This first part is my thinking exactly, although the whole big game thing doesn't mean that much to me. These are the only ones I've played.

And I can't fully agree with the second. I feel slightly suspicious of MP, but I seriously always do. He's just seemed a little wishy washy about whether it's ok to vote a no-poster. But I know how analytical-to-a-fault he can be, so it could be just that.

And this is why I sit back to start, because I don't have much to go on right now.
I'm wishy washy all the time and it's due to the bolded.

I'm trying though, I promise. :p

Leamiteo wrote:Oh, one more thing! I'm going to vote for MP based on how many times he uses the word nefarious throughout this game. :feb:
Hey, I like that word. :p

haha, I noticed the same thing :D

MovingPictures07, The Nefarious, residing in the Misty Posts and bending all thoughts of suspicion upom Himself, dominating through self-destruction

Ok, that's more about previous experience. You know I'm just picking on you, MP.
By the way, I noticed two names for you included "Master." I think you should just go ahead and take The Master leap. :)
YES! Maybe I should change my title from "The Don" to "The Master". :feb:

Snow Dog wrote:Another mafia game another first lynch vote. I am not "pinged" by anyone in particular at the moment. MP is maybe posting less than usual but I don't know if that is suspicious in itself.
You have no thoughts about anyone at the moment?

And lol, I love how that's true, especially from what you used to see from me and considering I have the second most posts of anyone. :haha:

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote: Llama, I am not sure why you asked me what you did, but I await your response! :P
Well, I'm about to tell you, if you'll listen.
Dom wrote:Just checking in, Sorry I've been less present than I'd like to be. I've had quite the day!

I see FZ and MP have been talking quite a bit. That doesn't surprise me one bit. Kyle, I think you make a fair point. I would like to read up on this more when I have time. We have until Saturday, which is nice.
This post stuck out to me. I don't know why, but it just felt off. Insincere, perhaps. Just a gut feeling I had. I wanted to get you talking to see if my suspicion remained or went away after you were more vocal. Unfortunately, your response had much less detail than I would have liked. I also think your vote for MP is opportunistic.

Sorry, buddy, but I'm gonna have to vote for you today. I am just not feeling good about you this game.
How strongly do you feel about this, llama?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yikes, vote ends at 4:45. Within the next hour or so might be my only chance to vote. People should come talk with me!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epig, you've been a bit quieter than your normal self; what are you thinking?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, I must correct myself -- Looking at the votes now, it seems Metalmarsh was the first random voter. Still can't justify it, even though I hate random voting.

I want to hear more from some players before I cast my vote. I'm currently leaning FZ. because out of anyone she has struck me as most possibly insincere, but I have a few others I'm eyeing as well.

And hopefully I'll have nicknames before the time I vote too. (Yes, Lizzy, much earlier than Day 10).
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

I don't understand how people feel "pinged" on day 0 or day 1, but I'm a newb. Those experienced players have a leg up of knowing play styles and tactics of their mafia buddies. I don't have any leanings at this point, but it is extremely early. I will have to vote in the next few hours. I'm re-reading everyone's posts about their qualms with people who are talking too much, not enough, sincerity, etc. As for me, nothing.

What to do?! :ponder:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Not very strongly, MP, but it's the best I have for now.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Finally finished my nicknames... apparently I was feeling inspired by post-rock or something.

A Person, Anime Person Eating Rotten Sour Oranges Nightly, The Keeper of All Good Music Recommendations, The "Reserved" One of the VALiant Trio

birdwithteeth11, The Horse Bird Who Is Not So Much a Bird As He Is a Human, Whose Fanboyism for Devin Townsend Knows No Bounds, and Who Will Be Made the 13rd and Final Doctor or His Name Isn't birdwithteeth11

Boogs, The Evil Rich Cat of DOOM That Comes to Your House Masquerading As the Sweetest and Most Hyperactive Feline Ever But Secretly He's Pure EVIL and Wants to Take All Your Money, Best Friends with Rich Uncle Pennybags, and Fiance of blindfaeth

Bullzeye, Always Right on Target, Except When He Isn't, and Then It Makes Him More Likely to Be Lynched

Captain Bunny Killer, Sister of The 42nd Hippie to Hitchhike Across the Galaxy, Blind and Faithful Guardian of Benjamin Linus

DFaraday, Daniel Faraday's #1 Fan (Soon to Be #2) in All of San Antonio Who Always Is Spending His Time Doing Nothing Other Than Watching Wrestling and LOST, Reading The Hobbit, and Listening to The Beatles

DisgruntledPorcupine, The Prickly Porcupine Who Always Has to Buy New Headphones Because He Loves Music So Much and Yet He's a Porcupine So He Can't Properly Wear Headphones but He Is So Calm and Cool He Doesn't Seem to Mind Being Lynched Sometimes So Long as He Can Listen to Boards of Canada While Everyone Kills Him

Dom, The Most Knowledgeable of Theater of Anyone, Ever, and Also Former Protector of Cory Monteith, R.I.P.

Elohcin, The Amazing Cake Creator Who Somehow Despises Yes and Rush with a Similar Intensity with which She Crafts Epic Cakes

Epignosis, Lover of Elohcin, Beer, Language, and Music, Endlessly Working Towards Knowledge

Flyin' High, The First Entomologist to Win the Nobel Prize for Demonstrating a Stunning Connection Between Futurama and the Development of Future Insect Breeding

FZ., Unofficial Protector of Muppets and Keeper of Phantoms Who Have Died Only Solely Because She Misspelled Their Future State of Being

Hedgeowl, The Founding Member of "Owl Rights", An Activist Group That Fights for Owlian Rights, and Destroyer of All Vegetable-Kind

insertnamehere, Creator of the Almighty Program That Determines Who Is a Baddie with Utmost Accuracy, and Also the Official Lover of All Wacky Yet Amazing Things

juliets, The Sole Reason That Folgers, Maxwell House, Starbucks, and Keurig Are Still in Business

kneel4justice, Not Actually Nicki Minaj and Official Advocate to Make the Color Blue the Default Color for Everything Ever

Kylemii, Ultimate Pokemon Master and An Even Bigger Master of Awesome Drunk Mafia Posts Especially During Games That Involve American Horror Story

Leamiteo, Sister of chaindeath and Vloddamick, Traveler of the World, and the Only Person in the Entire World Beside Jigsaw (Not the Killer, but the Man Named After Him) Whose Favorite Character on LOST is John Locke

Lizzy, The Most Underestimated Lawyer-in-Progress in Existence, and Future Destroyer of Romania as We Know It, The "Cunning" One of the VALiant Trio

Metalmarsh89, The Newish Guy Who Apparently Is The Only One on This List Whom Your Sockian Overload Knows Nothing About Yet Seems to Love Music and Anime and Is From the Site That The Almighty Sock Is Also From

Mongoose - The Fantastic Film Fanatic Frolicking Further through the Forest to Further Favorable Feelings For Fuzzy Felines

MovingPictures07, The Greatest Music-Loving Sock That Ever Landed on Earth and Morphed Into a Human Being

nijuukyugou, The Only English Teacher Better Than Epignosis by Day, The Inkiest Blooper Across All of the Interwebs by Night, Otherwise Known as Super Blooper

reywaS, The Only Almighty Defender of the Universe Who Decided It Would be a Good Idea to Utilize a Backwards Text Generator When Crafting His Eternal Moniker

Russtifinko, The Hostest with the Mostest and Soon-to-Be CEO of KeyBank and Mayor of Cleveland, OH but Secretly Working for the Swedish Government as a Spy on All of America

Snow Dog, Survivor of The Great Betrayal or The Night of the Long Knives, The Most Loyal Dog of Them All, Especially When It Comes to Bringing Down Some Dude Named By-Tor

Spacedaisy, The 42nd Beatles-Obsessed Hippie to Hitchhike Across the Galaxy and High Five George Harrison

>SpaghettiEverywhere, The Blood Feasting Microsoft Paint Extraordinaire Who Hasn't Demonstrated His Skills in Quite Some Time and Lives on an Island Eating Nothing but Pasta

S~V~S, Campaign Manager for "Vote Cthulhu 2018", Queen of the Tildes, Lover of All Things 1980s, Who Is Secretly Apocalypse from X-Men

thellama73, The Very First Llama Leader of the Libertarian Party and Enemy #1 of Low, Lingering, Lazy Posters

Turnip Head, One of the Best Mafia Players Ever, Perhaps Because the Turnip That He Has for a Head Actually Has Some Sort of Psychic Power Which Actually Would Explain So Much

Vompatti, Has Done Things with Wombats That None of Us Want to Know But Happens to Have the Honor of Possessing the Coolest Voice Ever, Forever a Masochistic Poet, The "Criminally Insane" One of the VALiant Trio
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Epig, you've been a bit quieter than your normal self; what are you thinking?
I have no normal self. Image
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I don't like this vote.

Tempted to throw a vote at Boogs for it, but it just feels too easy. I just can't bring myself to vote for the first random voter.
Posts like these...what is their purpose? What are they meant to accomplish?

1. It expresses a suspicion but an unwillingness to act on it.
2. It may be enough of an impetus for others to vote that way, so that
a. if Boogs (or whoever) is lynched and is bad, the person posting this could say, "I knew something was off with him. Great job guys!"
b. if Boogs (or whoever) is lynched and is good, the person posting this could say, "I'm glad I showed restraint with regard to my own vote."
3. Wouldn't voting for the first person to cast a random vote be, in its own way, a random vote?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Vompatti »

I'll donate my vote to the first person who wants it. :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Leamiteo wrote:I don't understand how people feel "pinged" on day 0 or day 1, but I'm a newb. Those experienced players have a leg up of knowing play styles and tactics of their mafia buddies. I don't have any leanings at this point, but it is extremely early. I will have to vote in the next few hours. I'm re-reading everyone's posts about their qualms with people who are talking too much, not enough, sincerity, etc. As for me, nothing.

What to do?! :ponder:
Yes, but these tactics are ever-changing, and often being an experienced player comes with tunnel vision and stereotypes; sometimes a fresh mind can be quick to catch onto something of substance that someone with much experience, especially with many of the other players in the game, might not pick up on.

Just follow anything you feel. If you feel literally absolutely nothing, then I would start questioning why.

thellama73 wrote:Not very strongly, MP, but it's the best I have for now.
Understandable, thanks. Just was curious if it was a weaker or stronger ping since I wasn't sure.

I am getting a 'weird' vibe from Dom, but he seems subdued and distracted to me, not sure about insincere.

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Epig, you've been a bit quieter than your normal self; what are you thinking?
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I don't like this vote.

a. if Boogs (or whoever) is lynched and is bad, the person posting this could say, "I knew something was off with him. Great job guys!"
b. if Boogs (or whoever) is lynched and is good, the person posting this could say, "I'm glad I showed restraint with regard to my own vote."
3. Wouldn't voting for the first person to cast a random vote be, in its own way, a random vote?
There's no purpose other than expressing my current train of thought -- is that not what the thread is for, but to hunt for baddies? I feel I do best when thinking aloud... Yes, often my thoughts are scattered, but it helps me piece together what I feel is right for me after I sort through everything. You of all people should know that.

I don't question what yours or anyone else's posts purpose is, so I'm not sure I understand the purpose of your post here, honestly.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Vompatti wrote:I'll donate my vote to the first person who wants it. :mafia:
Why? Don't you have any thoughts on anyone yet?

I know many of us have grown accustomed to your zany style, but there was a time I played games with you where you actually contributed much of worth to the thread, even if it was often against me (you as a civvie, me as a baddie).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And Epig, you're right, voting for the first person to cast a random vote would be "random" which is why I don't like it. But I also don't like that people can skate through the first mafia Day without ever getting their votes analyzed in the following days because it was "random" and there was "nothing better to go on". So on the one hand, I feel they should be held accountable for that kind of playstyle and should suffer because of it since they never do, and they don't help us find baddies almost ever, but on the other hand I realize that I'm all doing is adding to the lack of accountability by voting that way.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I am now here. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I am now here. :p
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

:D
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Finally finished my nicknames... apparently I was feeling inspired by post-rock or something.

Bullzeye, Always Right on Target, Except When He Isn't, and Then It Makes Him More Likely to Be Lynched

Captain Bunny Killer, Sister of The 42nd Hippie to Hitchhike Across the Galaxy, Blind and Faithful Guardian of Benjamin Linus

Leamiteo, Sister of chaindeath and Vloddamick, Traveler of the World, and the Only Person in the Entire World Beside Jigsaw (Not the Killer, but the Man Named After Him) Whose Favorite Character on LOST is John Locke

Mongoose - The Fantastic Film Fanatic Frolicking Further through the Forest to Further Favorable Feelings For Fuzzy Felines
:haha: I like these; especially the amazing alliteration you exercised with Mongoose.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

I know many of us have grown accustomed to your zany style, but there was a time I played games with you where you actually contributed much of worth to the thread, even if it was often against me (you as a civvie, me as a baddie).
I'll start contributing and perhaps even reading the thread if I'm still alive by the time it has sufficiently slowed down.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I don't like this vote.

There's no purpose other than expressing my current train of thought -- is that not what the thread is for, but to hunt for baddies? I feel I do best when thinking aloud... Yes, often my thoughts are scattered, but it helps me piece together what I feel is right for me after I sort through everything. You of all people should know that.

I don't question what yours or anyone else's posts purpose is, so I'm not sure I understand the purpose of your post here, honestly.
The thread is to "hunt for baddies," but questioning the purpose of someone's posts is not a part of that hunt? Image
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Epignosis wrote:Posts like these...what is their purpose? What are they meant to accomplish?

linki: But really though, Epi makes a good point here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I don't like this vote.

The thread is to "hunt for baddies," but questioning the purpose of someone's posts is not a part of that hunt? Image
Touche. :noble:

Vompatti wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I'll start contributing and perhaps even reading the thread if I'm still alive by the time it has sufficiently slowed down.
Hmmmm... can I take your vote donation offer then if you're seriously not going to utilize it?
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Hmmmm... can I take your vote donation offer then if you're seriously not going to utilize it?
My wish is your command. :)

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Leamiteo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Posts like these...what is their purpose? What are they meant to accomplish?

Okay, sure, but personally I feel I need to talk through every single thought that I'm thinking because that's how I work best to baddie hunt. Question the content or purpose of my posts if you need, but I personally feel everything I'm saying serves some purpose, and what Epig fails to mention is that baddies can be caught in situations where they continuously post and vote things like expressed in his 2a and 2b points. Personally, I'm of the "more discussion = better" camp, and people have every right they want to disagree. Sometimes though, a fellow civvie can help convince you that maybe you were thinking of something the way they were, and that maybe there was some substance to it. Besides, when you're not lying, you have nothing to lose, and I lay it all out there. My baddie game is based on trying to make it seem like my civvie game as much as possible, and my civvie game is defined by expressing every single thing I'm thinking that I feel helps contribute to finding baddies or to help sorting through my thoughts.

My playstyle gets a lot of flak, and I've tried changing it even, but I never will because it's just how I play, even if sometimes the "purpose" of some of my posts is questionable. But you could argue the same of so many other type of posts in the game as well.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Vompatti wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

My wish is your command. :)
Alright, cool. Let me think on this. I'm not sure where I'm voting with my vote yet either.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Leamiteo wrote:

Okay, sure, but personally I feel I need to talk through every single thought that I'm thinking because that's how I work best to baddie hunt. Question the content or purpose of my posts if you need, but I personally feel everything I'm saying serves some purpose, and what Epig fails to mention is that baddies can be caught in situations where they continuously post and vote things like expressed in his 2a and 2b points. Personally, I'm of the "more discussion = better" camp, and people have every right they want to disagree. Sometimes though, a fellow civvie can help convince you that maybe you were thinking of something the way they were, and that maybe there was some substance to it. Besides, when you're not lying, you have nothing to lose, and I lay it all out there. My baddie game is based on trying to make it seem like my civvie game as much as possible, and my civvie game is defined by expressing every single thing I'm thinking that I feel helps contribute to finding baddies or to help sorting through my thoughts.

My playstyle gets a lot of flak, and I've tried changing it even, but I never will because it's just how I play, even if sometimes the "purpose" of some of my posts is questionable. But you could argue the same of so many other type of posts in the game as well.
Huh. :ponder:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Just checking in an giving a heads-up. I haven't looked at anything since I last posted on Day 0, and haven't had a chance to catch up yet. I probably won't get that chance until tomorrow evening though, because I'm too busy during the day, and at night, I'm just too darn tired to want to mafia. So this is probably the last post you'll see from me until Day 2. Having lots of fun on my mini-vacation though!
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Leamiteo wrote:

I feel you on that point, and I agree more discussion = better. However, baddies can tend to nestle themselves there by simply contributing or basically saying "Yeah, yeah!" and tagging along or starting false suspicions. I'm not trying to demonize you or even say you're wrong, I am simply standing by my previous statement: it's early yet. That being said, I do appreciate people who stir the pot to get conversation going!

I have nothing to hide, so let the conversations and suspicion throwing begin! :biggrin:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok I just don't know. Besides Insertyourname here being a bit over sensitive is it? Over defensive? Even that could be civvie behaviour though....even so he stands out the most for me at present.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MP is now, imo, posting much ore as I am accustomed. No HUGE posts yet though. :ponder:

:biggrin:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Much ore? Dwarves will be happy
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Snow Dog wrote:MP is now, imo, posting much ore as I am accustomed. No HUGE posts yet though. :ponder:

Hey now, there is plenty of time for the huge posts to develop! Let's not encourage the bogging down the thread just yet. ;)

We love you, MP! :p
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I always get nervous about these early split votes. It's too easy for a single baddie to tip the balance.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So I just quickly glanced through the entire thread and it actually made me feel less sure about an FZ. vote. Dammit.

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Leamiteo wrote:

Huh. :ponder:
What are you thinking?

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Just checking in an giving a heads-up. I haven't looked at anything since I last posted on Day 0, and haven't had a chance to catch up yet. I probably won't get that chance until tomorrow evening though, because I'm too busy during the day, and at night, I'm just too darn tired to want to mafia. So this is probably the last post you'll see from me until Day 2. Having lots of fun on my mini-vacation though!
No vote?

Snow Dog wrote:Ok I just don't know. Besides Insertyourname here being a bit over sensitive is it? Over defensive? Even that could be civvie behaviour though....even so he stands out the most for me at present.
For what it's worth, it seems rather par for the course for INH to react like that. So far if anything I'm actually getting normal, decent vibes from him, but I'm considering his possibility to be bad to be nearly the same as everyone else, so take that with a grain of salt.

I at least know I won't be voting there today.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Where the heck is Flyin' High? I don't know this person...

Hi there, FH! Wherever you are :daisy:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Llama, what are you thinking then?

Honestly, after going through the thread, it made me realize how the attention, and thus the votes, especially on Day 1 will nearly always fall into one of two categories: (1) random/self-vote, or (2) a vote against someone who has posted something with content -- because, let's be honest, the "cases" that develop on Days 1 and 2 are nearly always centered around some event that has happened, some discussion among two players or more, something that someone said that was "weird" (see: why Zombies gets lynched all the time), etc.

Any time baddies do get lynched on Days 1 or 2, it's nearly always because of luck and not due to any foolproof analytic case (though sometimes observations are made that are indeed apt).

Maybe I just need to stick with my gut. But as you said, FZ. always is super eager to get the baddie hunting going, and upon re-read honestly I wasn't feeling the insincere vibe.

Maybe I'll follow you in your Dom vote. Because why not?

Leamiteo wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:MP is now, imo, posting much ore as I am accustomed. No HUGE posts yet though. :ponder:

Hey now, there is plenty of time for the huge posts to develop! Let's not encourage the bogging down the thread just yet. ;)

We love you, MP! :p
Indeed, just give it time. :feb: Though actually, between preparing to move to San Antonio and my job and doing other things, we'll see. I'm not sure how talkative I will be. But during the free time I do have, you can bet you'll be hearing from me. :p

Hey, all you guys are great! I am so glad to be playing this mafia game with every single one of you! :yay:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MP, what is it about Dom that would cause you to follow llama's vote?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Llama, what are you thinking then?

Honestly, after going through the thread, it made me realize how the attention, and thus the votes, especially on Day 1 will nearly always fall into one of two categories: (1) random/self-vote, or (2) a vote against someone who has posted something with content -- because, let's be honest, the "cases" that develop on Days 1 and 2 are nearly always centered around some event that has happened, some discussion among two players or more, something that someone said that was "weird" (see: why Zombies gets lynched all the time), etc.

Any time baddies do get lynched on Days 1 or 2, it's nearly always because of luck and not due to any foolproof analytic case (though sometimes observations are made that are indeed apt).

Maybe I just need to stick with my gut. But as you said, FZ. always is super eager to get the baddie hunting going, and upon re-read honestly I wasn't feeling the insincere vibe.

I don't know, I just don't like ten or fifteen people to end up with one vote each, because then it's too easy to manipulate the results. I guess it can be useful for later vote analysis, but it renders our chances of actually lynching a baddie at about zero. If we had a consensus and all piled on to one person, there would be little the baddies could do about it. Of course, we could just as easily be wrong, and lynch a civ, which is no good either.

I would be happy for you to follow my vote onto Dom, because he is the best guess I have for a baddie at this point. If two or three other people also piled on, it would be harder for his teammates to rescue him without oting themselves, assuming he has teammates.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ugh, I'll have to vote soon; Daisy and I have a day filled with activities, and I doubt I'll be back in time to vote. I wish I knew what many other players were thinking right now.

And now I have two votes to decide, lol. :P

Linki with juliets: Eh, I personally don't feel Dom was being insincere, but I feel I have hardly any other viable options if I want to avoid: random voting or voting for a random voter or low poster. The only player I felt any sort of ping of possible insincerity was FZ. and I don't feel strongly about that at all. Llama has a pretty good gut when he's civvie, and so far I see no reason to think he's bad, and I do sense Dom being a bit "off" (subdued, but not suspicious), but maybe llama has caught something I haven't. That's the only reason I'm considering it.

What do you think of Dom? I'm used to aggressive Dom and I haven't seen that yet so it does make me wonder.

What are you thinking of doing with your vote?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Llama, what are you thinking then?

I don't know, I just don't like ten or fifteen people to end up with one vote each, because then it's too easy to manipulate the results. I guess it can be useful for later vote analysis, but it renders our chances of actually lynching a baddie at about zero. If we had a consensus and all piled on to one person, there would be little the baddies could do about it. Of course, we could just as easily be wrong, and lynch a civ, which is no good either.

I would be happy for you to follow my vote onto Dom, because he is the best guess I have for a baddie at this point. If two or three other people also piled on, it would be harder for his teammates to rescue him without oting themselves, assuming he has teammates.
The flipside is that if we all decide on one person and that person does flip civvie, it gives us no information. At least the spread vote might lead to baddies more likely in future votes, even if it shoots us in the foot now. So I'm torn.

I do hate spread votes though because you're right, it basically hands the lynch to the baddies because they can much more easily manipulate it to save a possible teammate. If it's split among four or five people or less, it's not near as bad; that might actually be the best kind of situation because stockpiling on one person can sometimes be just as bad as one vote for everyone.

I'm considering a vote for FZ., Dom, or a low poster/random voter vote, I guess. That still leaves me with way too many options.

Return to “Previous Jobs”