Bea
25%
Lizzy
25%
Nevinera
13%
Vompatti
13%
Brett Ratner, That Hack! (NP/Deadie/Host Option)
25%

Total votes: 8
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 61

Re: [Night 1]: Film Noir.

Post by Epignosis »

In case I die, your mob includes Dom, S~V~S, and Turnip Head.

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

FH agreed with Kate, who in turn agreed on a small thought I had, giving no analysis of their own to go with it. That's the definition of hopping on a bandwagon.

And lol @ putting me and SVS both in your mafia.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And yes, when the highest vote-getter receives 3 votes, the bandwagons just get smaller.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 84

Post by S~V~S »

LOL

I am not rattling my lack of knowledge about Dom off to YOU, i am rattling it off to the LIE DETECTOR.

I have no knowledge of Doms role
I do not have BTS with Dom

etc.

I am not a baddie

Turnip head is not my teammate
I do not know turnip heads role

You can't push false accusations at people without peril with an LD (that is why, as a baddie centric player, I don;t have them in my games, but as a civ, i love them to bits)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That was at Epi, btw. Phone linki etc.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And expressing suspicion of Dom is different than voting for him. I was decidedly against voting for him not much longer after that post of mine that you quoted. Forgive me if I didn't hop on the bandwagon that other people formed out of my post. That was just me thinking through a suspicion, and others latching onto it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:FH agreed with Kate, who in turn agreed on a small thought I had, giving no analysis of their own to go with it. That's the definition of hopping on a bandwagon.

And lol @ putting me and SVS both in your mafia.
Turnip Head wrote:I'm voting for Flyin High. I agree with k4j, she was too quick to hop on the Dom bandwagon.
:eye:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Back with the eyeball for little crap.

Voting for you when the poll comes up.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Back with the eyeball for little crap.

Lady, I ain't tryin' to convince you of nothin'. You already know. :mafia:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I already admitted to hopping on a bandwagon, just a different one, and for different reasons. So, not sure what you're accusing me of.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I know some things, but i don't know many more, like..

i don't know Turnip Heads role, I don;t know Doms role, I don't know who is any baddie role

You can make all the false accusations you like, but the truth will set me free :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:I already admitted to hopping on a bandwagon, just a different one, and for different reasons. So, not sure what you're accusing me of.
Sayin' one thing and doin' another.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

So you think that I accused Dom, and then once people agreed with me, I tried to save him?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:So you think that I accused Dom, and then once people agreed with me, I tried to save him?
Sra. Tildes accused Dom and didn't vote for him. So yeah. That's what I'm thinkin'.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well, that is a truly bizarre way for me to play if I was a baddie with Dom and SVS in that scenario. I can think of about a thousand different ways for how a baddie-TH could have played that better with his mafia pals baddie-SVS and baddie-Dom. It's Night 1, for goodness's sake. We need to give the game time to breathe. It is not likely that the baddies have made connections as obvious as the ones you are finding.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head, welcome to my world :)

Sra Tildes signing out (and she has no knowledge of Dom or THs roles, or any baddies, either, just in case :) )
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 39

Post by thellama73 »

Only 45 minutes left to enter the contest and win a prize! There have been embarrassingly few entries.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Searching the office for clues, the investigators found some old case files in a desk drawer next to an empty bottle of scotch. Maybe that could explain the rambling incoherence of the tale they presented. This is what they said:

She looked so sad, sittin' in that chair and realizing all her hopes and dreams were quickly being turned into sadness and regrets. That's a hard thing to watch anyone go through, much less her, this bright and beautiful young woman. Her future, her possibilities, she was watching it all disappear as I told her we couldn't get those diamonds back. Sitting there with her, I thought my heart was going to melt and fall right out of my chest. “They were my mother's jewels. They were all I had.”

I tried calmin' her down, something I ain't really known for. “Look Miss Bolin, you know I'd love to help ya out here. But you ain't seen the faces of these crooks, you've given me no suspects, and you just told me those jewels are probably halfway to Switzerland by now. There just isn't much I can do.” Like I said, I ain't really known for my reassuring personality.

She caught her breath suddenly between sniffles, and a new life passed through her eyes. “What if I told you, these aren't just any diamonds. I've got a one-of-a-kind jewel, ain't nothing else like it in the whole world, and I've got a few pictures of it right here.”

I reclined back in my chair, my stonefaced impression slowly giving way to a sly grin. “Then I'd say that's something we can work with, Miss.”

The suspect didn’t leave much of a trail.

What he did do was leave his hat.

It sat in a mud puddle, mud ebbing and flowing over the brim like a little tide. It would need Tide, whenever the laundry people got ahold of it.

“That’s his hat,” she said, but I thought this too convenient. Without saying anything, I bent down and picked it up. When the rain washed away the mess on the tag, I found the inscription smudged.

“It was somebody’s all right,” I said. “Let’s go.”

We sought shelter in Skinny Pete’s, a place known for loud music and loud informants. I found Alison. She knew something, I was sure.

“This hat,” I said, “does it remind you of anyone?”

She didn’t say anything. She just raised an eye toward a man in the corner.

Logan.

I remembered that mustache. And he was wet.

I made my move.

And then the zombie-ninja-dinosaurs (who were also the worlds greatest detectives. because FUCK YOU BATMAN!) took over the world, and it became a zone of danger.

Or even a... DANGER ZONE, if you will.

When they stopped reading, they noticed that someone was missing.

agleaminranks has been killed by Preacher Harry Powell.

All PMs have been sent. If you were expecting a PM and did not get one, please notify the hosts.
You have 24 hours to lynch a villain.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: [Day 2]: Film Noir.

Post by Turnip Head »

All that story needs is a savvy editor and maybe a new third act. The ending was so obviously just a setup for the zombie-ninja-dinosaur and Batman team-up sequel.

Rest in peace, agleaminranks.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Well, a few thoughts.

If it is Epi lynched today, I think we'll want to keep in mind prizes awarded from the submissions, I have a pretty easy time imaging at least two out of those three potentially coming from him.

As for the discussion around him (and SVS, and Dom, and TH, really just the 4 of you discussing the 4 of you, but my 2 cents on it): his D1 vote and reasoning are about as serious as what I did in Liars Club 2, and he wound up being bad that game (and killing me for it... because I named all 3 of them in the 6 I grabbed out nowhere). My first thought when I saw his vote was that he was bad but thought using the same sort of logic would let him get away with it, and staying in the character didn't make me feel better about him. I considered voting him for that, but it was all a bit WIFOM-y for D1, and at that point I hadn't decided, between him and SVS, who I trusted (in my mind it has already come down to one of them being bad or at least indy). When the lynch ended I was leaning towards SVS for the one who was bad, but her responses (less so to what I asked her, and more the continuing argument between her and Epi), made me feel slightly better about her and a lot worse about Epi.

To cap that off, we have the NK. To me, standard logic for an early NK is to go after low-flying players to reduce the chance you get someone whose protected, and agleamin fits that to a tee (probably one of 4 players, that if I were a baddie - which I'm not, if these statements are LD-erable - I would have chosen for the NK). Now (correct me if I'm wrong you three), but the baddie team Epi has somehow already pegged 3 of the 4 of (SVS, Dom, TH), probably all share that idea for who it makes the most sense to NK. Epi, on the otherhand, doesn't operate the same way, in my experiences with him as a baddie. Now, I think all of them know that, so while we're looking at WIFOM, if one of the first three (or 2, or all three), was a baddie, they would have used that knowledge about Epi and killed someone more in line with who he may kill, and vice versa, Epi would (and I think did) decide to target someone to try and use the kill as a framejob.

Now, apologies Epi, that doesn't really give you anything to defend since it's all WIFOM/gut-based stuff, but that is what it is. If you have any new arguments for why we should vote for any of your three, or anyone new, I'll consider what you have to say, but because of my last post I wanted to get this out of the way once day started so my intentions going into the vote are clear and don't come out of nowhere since I don't think I'll be on much tomorrow when discussion is taking place.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by kneel4justice »

S~V~S wrote:Back with the eyeball for little crap.

I do not understand your suspicion of Epi. SERIOUSLY.
I have not played with him a lot, but he was weird like this in WWE and he was the COMPLETE OPPOSITE in CAH. Sooooo????????????????????
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

You guys posted a lot while I was gone I didn't even notice....I need to catch up but that will have to wait..will try tomorrow
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:LOL

I am not rattling my lack of knowledge about Dom off to YOU, i am rattling it off to the LIE DETECTOR.

I have no knowledge of Doms role
I do not have BTS with Dom

etc.

I am not a baddie

Turnip head is not my teammate
I do not know turnip heads role

You can't push false accusations at people without peril with an LD (that is why, as a baddie centric player, I don;t have them in my games, but as a civ, i love them to bits)
I'll follow this up:
I am not on a team with SVS.
I am not on a team with Turnip Head.
I have no knowledge of SVS's role.
I have no knowledge of Turnip Head.

I am not bad.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:In case I die, your mob includes Dom, S~V~S, and Turnip Head.
These posts always make me: :eye:

And you're quite confident.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:Well, a few thoughts.

If it is Epi lynched today, I think we'll want to keep in mind prizes awarded from the submissions, I have a pretty easy time imaging at least two out of those three potentially coming from him.

As for the discussion around him (and SVS, and Dom, and TH, really just the 4 of you discussing the 4 of you, but my 2 cents on it): his D1 vote and reasoning are about as serious as what I did in Liars Club 2, and he wound up being bad that game (and killing me for it... because I named all 3 of them in the 6 I grabbed out nowhere). My first thought when I saw his vote was that he was bad but thought using the same sort of logic would let him get away with it, and staying in the character didn't make me feel better about him. I considered voting him for that, but it was all a bit WIFOM-y for D1, and at that point I hadn't decided, between him and SVS, who I trusted (in my mind it has already come down to one of them being bad or at least indy). When the lynch ended I was leaning towards SVS for the one who was bad, but her responses (less so to what I asked her, and more the continuing argument between her and Epi), made me feel slightly better about her and a lot worse about Epi.

To cap that off, we have the NK. To me, standard logic for an early NK is to go after low-flying players to reduce the chance you get someone whose protected, and agleamin fits that to a tee (probably one of 4 players, that if I were a baddie - which I'm not, if these statements are LD-erable - I would have chosen for the NK). Now (correct me if I'm wrong you three), but the baddie team Epi has somehow already pegged 3 of the 4 of (SVS, Dom, TH), probably all share that idea for who it makes the most sense to NK. Epi, on the otherhand, doesn't operate the same way, in my experiences with him as a baddie. Now, I think all of them know that, so while we're looking at WIFOM, if one of the first three (or 2, or all three), was a baddie, they would have used that knowledge about Epi and killed someone more in line with who he may kill, and vice versa, Epi would (and I think did) decide to target someone to try and use the kill as a framejob.

Now, apologies Epi, that doesn't really give you anything to defend since it's all WIFOM/gut-based stuff, but that is what it is. If you have any new arguments for why we should vote for any of your three, or anyone new, I'll consider what you have to say, but because of my last post I wanted to get this out of the way once day started so my intentions going into the vote are clear and don't come out of nowhere since I don't think I'll be on much tomorrow when discussion is taking place.
Alls I can say is that if I was the good Reverend, I wouldn'ta gone after Gleamins like that. Poor fella gets bumped off all the time 'fore he can even say hello and take off his overcoat. I may be of a devious sort, but I ain't cruel.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Had a really weird and really tough to deal with couple of days - catching up now I just wanted to apologize to everyone.
;)
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by timmer »

Hmm, dat mug Booze got some intarestin ideas bout dat Epig goon. I's run with gut feelins dis early in the past so I'll be followin ta see what comes a' it. For now I wants ta watch how da day plays out, to see who says what...
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I do not have BTSC with SVS.
I do not have BTSC with Dom.
If they are civvies, then we are on the same team. If they are not civvies, I am not on the same team as them.
I have no knowledge of SVS's role.
I have no knowledge of Dom's role.

Now that that's out of the way! It's interesting that Epi uses WIFOM (saying "I wouldn't do that") to argue against boo's point that he killed agleamin because it's something he normally wouldn't do. That qualifies as missing boo's point entirely. I did not kill agleaminranks. I am not on a team that killed agleaminranks.

All this said, I am still not actually suspicious of Epi, I just think he's completely on the wrong track. Which seems more like a civvie-Epignosis move and less like a baddie one. Anybody have any other suspects?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Dom wrote:

Cocky/Confident is a trait of townie Epi.
Is it not?
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

RPI Algea.
kneel4justice wrote:Sorry, FH. I feel bad but I wasn't necessarily confident I wish we could have interacted more before I voted but these quick days are hard for that I guess
LOL
Now you know why I am used to making votes on Day 1. You don't realize the luxury of your site's rules until you don't have them :p
Epignosis wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Rats and mice.

You tell me how many miss the vote, and I'll vote the way you want me to on Day 2.

Takin' bets.
We have a winner!

Don't steer me wrong, doll. I've got good feelin's about you.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Sorry.
But this is so funny after your Day 1 stunt. How would you have felt if others had followed your vote and you would have lost someone you have good feelings about? What do you think of Boo's post about SVS? It kind of threw me off bc I have not felt a nose twitch where she is concerned. But like I want from you, I want her to prove her civ-ness by thread actions.
Turnip Head wrote:Seems ta me we shouldn't expect our hosts to be very forthcoming this time around.

I also think we aughta try and stay away from tied lynches if we can help it.
Why? I am not sure I understand what you are getting at with this. I don't mind ties sometimes. There is always something to be learnt from votes.
S~V~S wrote:I doubt Lizzy is bad.
Lizzy wrote:Wtf! I'm totally evil! :mafia:
XD
Turnip Head wrote:When you say Hedge, do you mean FH? Dom defended Hedge, but it was FH who was lynched not Hedgie.

If that's the last minute run you are referring to, I think it was people making a gut call against FH's agreeableness, once they saw that the Dom case was so weak. That's my take on it anyway. I don't want to speak for k4j or timmer. I can say that, for myself, it worried me that there was no viable alternative to lynching Dom yesterday. No one had campaigned hard against any other player, which told me that the baddies were probably just peachy with Dom being lynched.
If you saw it as so "weak" why didn't YOU bring up a "viable alternative" to Dom? Why didn't you campaign "hard" against any other player?
And you didn't see the "case" on FH as a little bit un-viable? :p
Turnip Head wrote:You're right Epi. I completely misread what you were getting at. I'll put a correction in tomorrow's paper. Bossman ain't gonna like this...
Ya know once I was playing an SVS/Bea game - Dr Suess Mafia - I proceeded to rhyme every post. People suspected me for it bc they could not understand wtf I was trying to say. It made me mad at the time but now I totes understand why they suspected me.

I am not even sure who Epi TH or Timmer is suspicious of. :( In my head they all sound like hillbilly southerners not Bogart or Powell at all. I cannot discern who they find suspicious. Epi seems to be especially tough for me to figure out. :|

Turnip Head wrote:Timmer and Dom are teammates. Timmer voted for FH to save Dom.
If I was the host these would be un-checkable as well.
kneel4justice wrote:
Dom wrote:

Is it not?
Cocky/confident/ott is a traity of Epi whether good or bad tbh.
btw why are YOU so quiet??

This took a lot longer than I expected this post is far too long.

TL:DR - In am caught up and suspicious of everyone :P
;)
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I haven't caught up Roxy, and at the moment I do not have the time, yesterday I was out all day and today I have lots of work to do. So that is why I am quiet.
As for cocky/confident being a trait of both townie and scum Epi, I guess last game CAH where he was bad with me was not his norm baddie game because he was quiet and not cocky, at least not until the game neared the end.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

kneel4justice wrote:
Dom wrote:

Is it not?
I know this is essentially how you build cases on people--metagaming--but, alas, I don't think it's useful with Epignosis at all. Epig is almost always overconfident-- he almost always thinks he knows everything despite knowing precisely not everything.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
Dom wrote:

Is it not?
I know this is essentially how you build cases on people--metagaming--but, alas, I don't think it's useful with Epignosis at all. Epig is almost always overconfident-- he almost always thinks he knows everything despite knowing precisely not everything.
You phrased that more nicely than I deserve. :p
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

And that is why you should use different browsers.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

The Hays Code is Coming

The Motion Picture Production Code of 1930 (Hays Code)

If motion pictures present stories that will affect lives for the better, they can become the most powerful force for the improvement of mankind

A Code to Govern the Making of Talking, Synchronized and Silent Motion Pictures. Formulated and formally adopted by The Association of Motion Picture Producers, Inc. and The Motion Picture Producers and Distributors of America, Inc. in March 1930.
Motion picture producers recognize the high trust and confidence which have been placed in them by the people of the world and which have made motion pictures a universal form of entertainment.

They recognize their responsibility to the public because of this trust and because entertainment and art are important influences in the life of a nation.

Hence, though regarding motion pictures primarily as entertainment without any explicit purpose of teaching or propaganda, they know that the motion picture within its own field of entertainment may be directly responsible for spiritual or moral progress, for higher types of social life, and for much correct thinking.

During the rapid transition from silent to talking pictures they have realized the necessity and the opportunity of subscribing to a Code to govern the production of talking pictures and of re-acknowledging this responsibility.

On their part, they ask from the public and from public leaders a sympathetic understanding of their purposes and problems and a spirit of cooperation that will allow them the freedom and opportunity necessary to bring the motion picture to a still higher level of wholesome entertainment for all the people.

General Principles

1. No picture shall be produced that will lower the moral standards of those who see it. Hence the sympathy of the audience should never be thrown to the side of crime, wrongdoing, evil or sin.

2. Correct standards of life, subject only to the requirements of drama and entertainment, shall be presented.

3. Law, natural or human, shall not be ridiculed, nor shall sympathy be created for its violation.

Particular Applications

I. Crimes Against the Law
These shall never be presented in such a way as to throw sympathy with the crime as against law and justice or to inspire others with a desire for imitation.

1. Murder

a. The technique of murder must be presented in a way that will not inspire imitation.

b. Brutal killings are not to be presented in detail.

c. Revenge in modern times shall not be justified.

2. Methods of Crime should not be explicitly presented.

a. Theft, robbery, safe-cracking, and dynamiting of trains, mines, buildings, etc., should not be detailed in method.

b. Arson must subject to the same safeguards.

c. The use of firearms should be restricted to the essentials.

d. Methods of smuggling should not be presented.

3. Illegal drug traffic must never be presented.

4. The use of liquor in American life, when not required by the plot or for proper characterization, will not be shown.

II. Sex
The sanctity of the institution of marriage and the home shall be upheld. Pictures shall not infer that low forms of sex relationship are the accepted or common thing.

1. Adultery, sometimes necessary plot material, must not be explicitly treated, or justified, or presented attractively.

2. Scenes of Passion

a. They should not be introduced when not essential to the plot.

b. Excessive and lustful kissing, lustful embraces, suggestive postures and gestures, are not to be shown.

c. In general passion should so be treated that these scenes do not stimulate the lower and baser element.

3. Seduction or Rape

a. They should never be more than suggested, and only when essential for the plot, and even then never shown by explicit method.

b. They are never the proper subject for comedy.

4. Sex perversion or any inference to it is forbidden.

5. White slavery shall not be treated.

6. Miscegenation (sex relationships between the white and black races) is forbidden.

7. Sex hygiene and venereal diseases are not subjects for motion pictures.

8. Scenes of actual child birth, in fact or in silhouette, are never to be presented.

9. Children's sex organs are never to be exposed.

III. Vulgarity
The treatment of low, disgusting, unpleasant, though not necessarily evil, subjects should always be subject to the dictates of good taste and a regard for the sensibilities of the audience.

IV. Obscenity
Obscenity in word, gesture, reference, song, joke, or by suggestion (even when likely to be understood only by part of the audience) is forbidden.

V. Profanity
Pointed profanity (this includes the words, God, Lord, Jesus, Christ - unless used reverently - Hell, S.O.B., damn, Gawd), or every other profane or vulgar expression however used, is forbidden.

VI. Costume
1. Complete nudity is never permitted. This includes nudity in fact or in silhouette, or any lecherous or licentious notice thereof by other characters in the picture.

2. Undressing scenes should be avoided, and never used save where essential to the plot.

3. Indecent or undue exposure is forbidden.

4. Dancing or costumes intended to permit undue exposure or indecent movements in the dance are forbidden.

VII. Dances
1. Dances suggesting or representing sexual actions or indecent passions are forbidden.

2. Dances which emphasize indecent movements are to be regarded as obscene.

VIII. Religion
1. No film or episode may throw ridicule on any religious faith.

2. Ministers of religion in their character as ministers of religion should not be used as comic characters or as villains.

3. Ceremonies of any definite religion should be carefully and respectfully handled.

IX. Locations
The treatment of bedrooms must be governed by good taste and delicacy.

X. National Feelings

1. The use of the Flag shall be consistently respectful.

2. The history, institutions, prominent people and citizenry of other nations shall be represented fairly.

XI. Titles
Salacious, indecent, or obscene titles shall not be used.

XII. Repellent Subjects
The following subjects must be treated within the careful limits of good taste:
1. Actual hangings or electrocutions as legal punishments for crime.
2. Third degree methods.
3. Brutality and possible gruesomeness.
4. Branding of people or animals.
5. Apparent cruelty to children or animals.
6. The sale of women, or a woman selling her virtue.
7. Surgical operations.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Interesting that seduction and rape are treated the same, otherwise fairly stultifying reading :P
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I suspect boo for his post where he tried to link agleamin's kill to either me SVS and Dom, or Epi trying to think like us. Boo used agleamin's death as a catalyst toward discussing the same players we were already talking about, and in his post he only considered those specific players as making the kill. For his analysis of the kill to work properly, boo would have to either assume that Epi was right about the 3 players he called out, or that Epi is a baddie who is completely in control of his team's night actions. I think boo dropped that post in there so that people could make the conclusions he wants them to, to try and get players thinking in a specific direction. I did not kill agleamin and I don't think SVS, Dom, or Epi did either. I think boo might have, though.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Turnip Head wrote:I suspect boo for his post where he tried to link agleamin's kill to either me SVS and Dom, or Epi trying to think like us. Boo used agleamin's death as a catalyst toward discussing the same players we were already talking about, and in his post he only considered those specific players as making the kill. For his analysis of the kill to work properly, boo would have to either assume that Epi was right about the 3 players he called out, or that Epi is a baddie who is completely in control of his team's night actions. I think boo dropped that post in there so that people could make the conclusions he wants them to, to try and get players thinking in a specific direction. I did not kill agleamin and I don't think SVS, Dom, or Epi did either. I think boo might have, though.
Seeing as I had already said I think that SVS or Epi is bad before that I'm not sure why continuing with that train of thought would surprise you...
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I really am not bad, boo. I know nothing about Gleams death. And tbh, and I think you know this, had I been bad i would have killed you, lol. Or maybe Kate. Not Gleam.

If you are going with Epi (and that was the impression I had gotten) then I am with you. But I did not kill anyone, and I do not know who did kill him. I think poor TH is still a bit perplexed at me, him & Dom being lumped together ha ha.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I didn't read everything still, I apologize. What little I read/skimmed of Boo made me feel good.
I am concerned with SVS and Dom because of the earlier posts. I haven't read much after. What gets me is everyone making these lie detector comments. Everyone is giving them all these options to choose from, saying "I am not bad with so and so" and then "I am not bad". I feel like the variety could be there just to trick the LD into picking the true one, while one of them is a lie. Say the first one is true and the second is the lie. So I am not persuaded by these risky statements, especially not those who followed after whoever posted them first (I need to check who did).
What did catch me suspicious from TH was the fact he voted with me. Not sure how to feel about that. I wondered if he was trying to buddy up with me. Lol
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The point of the LD statements is to say that i am not afraid to speak the truth. And i am not. I have nothing to hide and I do not have any problem saying so repeatedly. So any suspicions brought up against me, i will react the same way.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Having both an LD and only one Mafia is a rock and a hard place for the baddies, tbh.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

S~V~S wrote:The point of the LD statements is to say that i am not afraid to speak the truth. And i am not. I have nothing to hide and I do not have any problem saying so repeatedly. So any suspicions brought up against me, i will react the same way.
I know the point of LD statements :p
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

kneel4justice wrote:
S~V~S wrote:The point of the LD statements is to say that i am not afraid to speak the truth. And i am not. I have nothing to hide and I do not have any problem saying so repeatedly. So any suspicions brought up against me, i will react the same way.
I am sure you do, but you seemed to be expressing doubt about how many of them were made. So I was clarifying why. I do not know what you do and do not do at Ksite, so sometimes I am not sure of what you are and are not familiar with re the way we play. Please forgive if offense was taken, it was not meant.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

S~V~S wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
I am sure you do, but you seemed to be expressing doubt about how many of them were made. So I was clarifying why. I do not know what you do and do not do at Ksite, so sometimes I am not sure of what you are and are not familiar with re the way we play. Please forgive if offense was taken, it was not meant.
It's fine. I was not offended. :)
I don't think we've ever actually had a LD over there and even so our roles are secret so the baddies/townies do not even know those statements are necessary. My point of it, was I would think baddies would be forced to make those statements anyways. Maybe not you, SVS, since you are the one generating the LD discussion but someone like TH could be a baddie who felt he had no other option than to join in on making the check-able statements.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Traditionally, forced LD statements are not acceptable. But these hosts are "newer" so I am not sure what they will allow. By forced, I mean asking direct question, "Are you a civvie?" or "Did you kill Gleam?"

Most hosts also disallow statements like "I am a civvie" or "I am not a baddie", but it depends on the host.

And i generated it since I came under immediate suspicion. I have nothing to hide, zero. So why not?
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Lizzy »

I'm crap at this. :sigh: Sorry Goosey and Llama. :hugs: If I'm still alive I'll try to focus properly on it k.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I generated discussion about the LD as well, I just don't sound like a broken record about it like SVS does. :p

Having just been the LD recently, I know it is almost impossible to find checkable statements within normal mafia discussion. People post theories and thoughts which cannot be checked for veracity. I know that I sure wished someone had helped me out a little bit when I was the LD. Some days, no one posted anything checkable. Sometimes I had to check statements that I wrote myself about other players.

So I will continue to help the LD by providing statements he can check, be they about me or about the other players in the game. It is up to the LD to choose which statements will give him the information that he wants.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

As for posting those quick checkable statements in the format that SVS and Dom used before me, well... If I hadn't done that, I'd be getting called out for not doing so, probably right about now. :P
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:As for posting those quick checkable statements in the format that SVS and Dom used before me, well... If I hadn't done that, I'd be getting called out for not doing so, probably right about now. :P
^that.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”