AMERICAN GODS~ Day 10

Moderator: Community Team

Someone has to be Killing people, right?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Aphrodite
No votes
Ceres
8%
Chronos
38%
Electra
No votes
Helios
No votes
Phoenix
8%
Zeus
No votes
Ceridwen (h/n)
46%

Total votes: 13
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Day 1

Post by juliets »

Since this may be a trend I thought I would publicly announce as a reminder, vote posts do not count. Just use the same number on your next post if you've already counted your vote post. If you don't post again I will just subtract 1 from your total.

"Well, S~V~S is at work so I'm bored, and there wasn't much going on yesterday so I've decided I want to play a game. For everyone who posts on-topic discussion today - not just a vote post - a post adding something to the lynch discussion or game discussion, I will enter a ticket for you in a drawing for a prize. You will get a ticket each time you make one of these posts so your probability of winning increases as you post. I will draw after the lynch post. One more thing - keep track of your number of posts by numbering your posts starting with 1 somewhere in the lower left hand of the post. If you mess up just correct it. I don't want this to be too complicated. Decisions about what counts as a post are made by the hosts but we will let you know if you post something that doesn't count (the gods and goddesses fun is fun, though off-topic). "
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I am going to vote for one of the following most likely:

Mars - weird early vote, stranger reasoning.

Hermes - weird flyby vote without adding to the discussion or noting that Medusa is under some kind of posting thing.

Apollo - his willingness to follow a vote that had not even happened or alluded to. I find it strange that he was willing to follow a vote by someone who is under a posting thing and is unable to fully explain.

these are subject to change but unlikely given the amount of time left for this lynch.

what about your wanting to vote for Poseidon Apollo?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Lunatella »

Pos checking in.

Nice to know me not being here makes me suspicious :P

I've been on a few flights for the past few days and I had a big test before that, and now I'm in a different country doing some stuff.

On day 1, not sure who to vote for or why. Day 1 is always a guess for the most part.
Lunalee
nutella
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 133

Post by Jack Shephard »

Persephone wrote:I am going to vote for one of the following most likely:

Mars - weird early vote, stranger reasoning.

Hermes - weird flyby vote without adding to the discussion or noting that Medusa is under some kind of posting thing.

Apollo - his willingness to follow a vote that had not even happened or alluded to. I find it strange that he was willing to follow a vote by someone who is under a posting thing and is unable to fully explain.

these are subject to change but unlikely given the amount of time left for this lynch.

what about your wanting to vote for Poseidon Apollo?
These are some solid leads..

I am going to vote Hermes for his voting an insanified person on day 1.

(previous total) 3
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Paul Stevens »

Apollo wrote:
Hermes wrote:I've got nothing right now, so randomising.

Votes medusa
I find it amazing that you would vote for someone who is insanified on Day 1, just because a random number generator told you to.

I have a new contender for my vote.

This is strange and the best reason for a vote so far. Although randomizing low posters tempts me greatly. :ponder:

@ eros - ha! good joke sir, but voting atlas?

The votes are forming into several categories: randomized, fake reason based on sock accounts names, low posters, and following others.

I haven't decided which category I will fall into yet.\

7?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Its not that you were not her Poseidon its that you failed to vote in the Day 0 poll.

hmm

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Persephone wrote: Apollo - his willingness to follow a vote that had not even happened or alluded to. I find it strange that he was willing to follow a vote by someone who is under a posting thing and is unable to fully explain.
I followed nothing. I explained my thought process, and explained that I wanted to wait and see. I waited, I saw, I voted. I like to talk through my ideas as the day progresses. It is better than sitting and waiting while no one is saying anything. It gets discussion going. I think the discussion that resulted led me to cast a very good vote.
Persephone wrote: what about your wanting to vote for Poseidon Apollo?
What about it? AT the time, there was nothing to go on but who had and hadn't voted. As more information came in, I naturally reevaluated my position. I agreed with you that Poseidon was a shot in the dark, but said that I would prefer to shoot blindly at a non-participant than at someone who was contributing. Hermes gave me a much better reason to vote for him than Poseidon did.

Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Ah, forgot the 5th category: No U voters.

Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Saito »

I'm tempted to believe that Hermes has no idea what's going on in the thread. Is this a good reason to vote for him though? :ponder:
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

^4
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

well shit

Lunalee
nutella
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Me thinks I have hit a nerve of Apollo.

What do you mean what about? You defended it. You defined it to me in more than one post. :)

Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Operator »

Sorry I don't know what's going on in the thread, I'm yet to catch up which is why I voted random.

Also, just because someone is insanified does that mean she is exempt from a day one lynch? It's day one, it's a hard poll. I don't think anyone should be exempt.
Management
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Persephone wrote:Me thinks I have hit a nerve of Apollo.

What do you mean what about? You defended it. You defined it to me in more than one post. :)

I don't understand the question.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 16
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

I used random.org and got Pandora.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Hermes wrote:Sorry I don't know what's going on in the thread, I'm yet to catch up which is why I voted random.

Also, just because someone is insanified does that mean she is exempt from a day one lynch? It's day one, it's a hard poll. I don't think anyone should be exempt.
How often is someone insanified on day 1? Hardly ever!

Would you want to be voted for while you could only post Elvis videos and could not give opinions or defend?

Big eye Hermes

Link Apollo - Its not a question but a response to your response about your wanting to vote Poseidon. You said what about it - so I answered.

still 15
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I did random.org and got Hermes, so Hermes it is.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

^3
Lunalee
nutella
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Persephone wrote: Link Apollo - Its not a question but a response to your response about your wanting to vote Poseidon. You said what about it - so I answered.
Glad I could help. :)
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I mean ^2
Lunalee
nutella
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Persephone wrote:
Hermes wrote:Sorry I don't know what's going on in the thread, I'm yet to catch up which is why I voted random.

How often is someone insanified on day 1? Hardly ever!

Would you want to be voted for while you could only post Elvis videos and could not give opinions or defend?

Big eye Hermes

Link Apollo - Its not a question but a response to your response about your wanting to vote Poseidon. You said what about it - so I answered.

still 15
why should anyone be lynched day one? There is very rarely a good reason to lynch someone on day one.

Random gave me medusa, if a random vote is what gets me attention then it's fate. Not much I can do about it.

Are you saying when people are randomising medusa should be removed from the list???? :eye:
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Management
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hermes wrote: Are you saying when people are randomising medusa should be removed from the list???? :eye:
That seems completely reasonable to me, yes.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

In case anyone cares, I didn't exclude medusa when i randomized.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Apollo wrote:
Persephone wrote: Link Apollo - Its not a question but a response to your response about your wanting to vote Poseidon. You said what about it - so I answered.
Glad I could help. :)
Glad my point about it still stands.

Yep thats what I am saying Hermes and I am not alone in my thinking.

Nice no u :p
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Apollo wrote:
Hermes wrote: Are you saying when people are randomising medusa should be removed from the list???? :eye:
Why?

I totally disagree with that. If I had known medusa was insanified before I randomised, I still would of out her in the list. This makes me a bit anxy tbh.

Linki, I care.

Management
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

If I was randomizing I would remove Medusa and Phoenix tbh.

Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Does medusa being insanified make her 100% confirmed civvie?

Management
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hermes wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Why?

I totally disagree with that. If I had known medusa was insanified before I randomised, I still would of out her in the list. This makes me a bit anxy tbh.
Because I think it is unfair to vote for someone who is not allowed to speak in their own defense. It would suck horribly to be lynched without ever even having a chance to talk. I would hope no one would ever do that to me.

linki: no, of course not
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Wow I've got three votes, I smell a bandwagon

Like I said it was random! the gods will definitely be deciding my fate! oh the irony :P.

Linki, yes sure if this was any day other than day one sure, it's unfair but it's day one, odd in you're going to lynch a civvie, which by the way is what you're all going to do if you carry on voting for me.

Management
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Gunther »

As someone would say "Crap on a catapault." I thought I had posted my vote rationale over an hour ago but it was eaten.

Anyway, before Poseidon checked in(I wished you had gotten here 5 mins earlier, and I wouldn't have voted you :( ), I wrote something like this:

"I know Poseidon is an unpopular choice right now, but there's just so little to go on today. Even more than usual since we are using the socket monkeys. Since he is an LP and a non-voter, that gives him the little bit of edge against the other LPs. I don't like voting straight up LPs, but I'm sure we will have more to go on by the next vote."

I also made a joke that although Poseidon is the Horse God, he is not the Hoarse God, so hopefully he will speak soon. And now he has. Laugh at my joke.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Artemis wrote: Anyway, before Poseidon checked in(I wished you had gotten here 5 mins earlier, and I wouldn't have voted you :( ), I wrote something like this:
You can change your vote, you know.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Apollo wrote:
Hermes wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Why?

Because I think it is unfair to vote for someone who is not allowed to speak in their own defense. It would suck horribly to be lynched without ever even having a chance to talk. I would hope no one would ever do that to me.

linki: no, of course not
Then why are you so focused on my vote, for all you know I may of selected a mafia in medusa.

Let's face it, when was the last game you played where on day one someone wad insanified? I don't think I've ever played a game like it tbh.

I get what you're saying with medusa not being able to defend, but it's a random vote there's nothing to defend against its random, what could her defense be exactly? I disagree with your logic, any other day and for any other reason, I would accept, but random in day one insanified or not, I disagree.
Management
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Hermes wrote:Does medusa being insanified make her 100% confirmed civvie?

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hermes wrote:
Then why are you so focused on my vote, for all you know I may of selected a mafia in medusa.

Let's face it, when was the last game you played where on day one someone wad insanified? I don't think I've ever played a game like it tbh.

I get what you're saying with medusa not being able to defend, but it's a random vote there's nothing to defend against its random, what could her defense be exactly? I disagree with your logic, any other day and for any other reason, I would accept, but random in day one insanified or not, I disagree.
I fully agree that Medusa is just as likely to be mafia as anyone else, but this is more about a sense of fair play than anything else. Let someone have their say before you kill them. That's all I'm saying. I think it's worse on day 1 than any other day, because she hasn't had a chance to play at all yet. Just seems crummy to me.

Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I've just realised we can change our votes, so I'm going to and not because I'm caving, I'm changing to try and save myself.

Linki, I think were gonna have to agree to disagree.
Management
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

It is upsetting to be lynched when you are silenced, however it can't be avoided entirely. Lynching Medusa before we can hear anything from her does not seem like a good idea though. I would random again in that case.

Linki- Yes, the logic is on the side of not lynching her today.

Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

voting Poseidon f

It was between him and the other person with two votes, but I chose him because he voted me. It just seems really lame and easy to vote me for not leaving medusa of my random list because she is insanified. It's day one not day six.
Management
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I don't see how her being insanified has any baring on being killed on a day 1 lynch, people need to die so the game can progress, it might as well be anyone.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I've been thinking about this whole Hermes business. If he was a baddie, I'm sure his teammates would have filled him in at least briefly about what is going on here. Also, we all know how insanification, silencing and the like can be faked or aimed at teammates, so as far as I'm concerned, neither Medusa nor Phoenix should be excluded.

linki
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Hermes wrote:voting Poseidon f

It was between him and the other person with two votes, but I chose him because he voted me. It just seems really lame and easy to vote me for not leaving medusa of my random list because she is insanified. It's day one not day six.
I really wish you hadn't gone and done that.

dunya
Turnip Head
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Larry David »

Im going to protecting Rooter vote soon. Maligna Shouter sure who I interlocutor vote yet.

2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Ceres wrote:I've been thinking about this whole Hermes business. If he was a baddie, I'm sure his teammates would have filled him in at least briefly about what is going on here. Also, we all know how insanification, silencing and the like can be faked or aimed at teammates, so as far as I'm concerned, neither Medusa nor Phoenix should be excluded.

linki
Ignorance is bliss- even when feigned.

dunya
Turnip Head
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: American Gods Contests

Post by juliets »

For roles without people in them or people that did not send in their pics. Possibilities only:

Zorya Vechernyaya

Aphrodite
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Eros wrote:

Do what change my vote to save myself anyone would do the same
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

10*
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Management
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Hermes wrote:
Eros wrote:

It's still early in terms of votes cast, and it's only 3 votes apiece (see what I mean about psychology?). The desperation is unwarranted. Perhaps you'd be willing to change your vote and try to lynch someone you really believe should be lynched. Because I would hate to have to change mine.

dunya
Turnip Head
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Eros wrote:
Ceres wrote:I've been thinking about this whole Hermes business. If he was a baddie, I'm sure his teammates would have filled him in at least briefly about what is going on here. Also, we all know how insanification, silencing and the like can be faked or aimed at teammates, so as far as I'm concerned, neither Medusa nor Phoenix should be excluded.

linki
Ignorance is bliss- even when feigned.

Absolutely, but in this case it would translate to pure idiocy if he turns out to be bad. I honestly don't see the logic behind 'randomly' voting for someone in that position knowing how the majority is so sensitive about it. His change of vote however does not sit too well with me.

linki - bingo about the change!

Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Eros wrote:
Hermes wrote:
Eros wrote:

It's still early in terms of votes cast, and it's only 3 votes apiece (see what I mean about psychology?). The desperation is unwarranted. Perhaps you'd be willing to change your vote and try to lynch someone you really believe should be lynched. Because I would hate to have to change mine.

Desperation? Sorry for not wanting to be lynched day one.

I'm not going to be here after this post as I have errands.

Do what you have to do my conscience is clear as is my rAtional

Management

Return to “Previous Jobs”