Post by Epignosis »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:37 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:35 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:20 pm

How often does what work out? Randing characters? Well, unless if you want to get into a debate about what we mean by a "random" sample, unless you believe Nook is lying, I'd say it works out quite well.

If you're talking about Falcon, I believe that pressuring my scumreads also works well. There is always the chance of accidentally tunneling, but applying pressure is a great way to generate more information that I can then reform stronger reads based on.

"You're doing busywork to look busy."

In my book, that's an accusation. A civilian has no need to look busy. Therefore you are accusing falcon of being duplicitous.

I asked you how often does "doing busywork to look busy" work for mafia members in your experience.
I mean, if they're doing it right, I probably don't notice. If they're doing it wrong, it can be outing. So it has a myriad of results depending on the strength of the player, the situation, the strength of the town, and some random chance.

You haven't outwardly taken a stance on my take yet, but it seems likely that you disagree with me about Falcon. If so, I think you are maybe making two mistakes,

1.) A better question to ask than "how well does this work for wolves?" is "how often do wolves do this?" Those are very different questions, and things like "busywork" and "IIOA" didn't become buzzwords in mafia for no reason.

2.) Pressure can be applied to weak reads. Do I think Falcon doing some busywork guarantees that Falcon is a wolf? no. But can I develop my read on Falcon based on how they react to me pressuring them about their posts looking like busywork? yes. Not all accusations are meant to be the end of the conversation, many (especially early game) are meant to push the game forward in a positive way.

So, now that that is over, please take a stance. What do you think of Falcon and his busywork?
Loaded question.

My vote on you stands.
I'd still like to hear your thoughts about Falcon. Unload the question however you want, you should take a stance there.
I'll take a stance on falcon when I feel like it.

I have a stance on you.
Humor me, please. Can you take a look at Falcon's ISO and give me a quick read?
I will if you will do likewise for Made.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Re: Batman: The Animated Series D1

Post by Lime Coke »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:30 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:29 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:29 pmhow 2 iso
Under the profile picture has the "Number of posts in the thread" thing. Click on the number.
thanks

how do u feel about the ppl voting falcon with u?
Well so far I'm leaning Syn town currently for the opening interaction I've had with him. Plus I've maybe played 1 game with him? I remember him being this low energy and short posting as town. I don't see his reasoning to vote Falcon yet.

Made I have mostly null? The preflip and where he's going with the read is weird? Like him calling Falcon obvious scum sure enough, but the stuff with Esooa being the distraction I don't see currently?

Like in terms of sheeping me, like it makes sense since I literally wolf cased him 2 pages into the game. It's still super early so maybe not an opportunistic thing yet for scum to latch on?
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 216
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:37 pmguys made
I agree Made deserves scrutiny, and even though I don't remember any other posts from you, I'mma guess this one comes from town.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 339

Post by Epignosis »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:37 pm This is fun, the number of people willing to poke a fight with me here makes me think I'm onto something. Probably not everything, but something.
You have 25 posts and this is the beginning of a Mafia game on a very vocal site. Don't please yourself on that basis.
Transcend
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 774
Aka: matt/soda

Post by Transcend »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:40 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:37 pmguys made
I agree Made deserves scrutiny, and even though I don't remember any other posts from you, I'mma guess this one comes from town.
how do u not remember any other posts from me

every post made by me has a cute lil pupper avatar

wouldn't that compel u to read the post?
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:39 pm
Under the profile picture has the "Number of posts in the thread" thing. Click on the number.
thanks

Well so far I'm leaning Syn town currently for the opening interaction I've had with him. Plus I've maybe played 1 game with him? I remember him being this low energy and short posting as town. I don't see his reasoning to vote Falcon yet.

Made I have mostly null? The preflip and where he's going with the read is weird? Like him calling Falcon obvious scum sure enough, but the stuff with Esooa being the distraction I don't see currently?

Like in terms of sheeping me, like it makes sense since I literally wolf cased him 2 pages into the game. It's still super early so maybe not an opportunistic thing yet for scum to latch on?
ok so let's say for whatever reason ur wrong about falcon and he's just a townie that doesn't know how to take a joke

what would u make of made there?
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

everyone: made probs maf yea

everyone: not voting made
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:40 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:37 pm This is fun, the number of people willing to poke a fight with me here makes me think I'm onto something. Probably not everything, but something.
You have 25 posts and this is the beginning of a Mafia game on a very vocal site. Don't please yourself on that basis.
25 out of ~250. Even if you think I am possibly a wolf, I don't see the point of this post, discouraging me from scumhunting?

Either way, since you're being stubborn, I will ISO Made and let you know my thoughts (even though I've already given some) so you can FINALLY talk about Falcon (whom you've been defending - on purpose? Inadvertently? who knows? Nook.)...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Made wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:11 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:05 pm
Made wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 pm Let’s do this [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
Strange that you're voting me instead of the one you claim is trying to pocket you, no?
Nah. It’s a framework. In it ur the obvious scum, esooa is sus for distracting me from you and Sean and ride or die homie. Could be entirely wrong, but that’s the frame work rn. If ur town, essoa look better and Sean looks worst
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:42 pm
thanks

ok so let's say for whatever reason ur wrong about falcon and he's just a townie that doesn't know how to take a joke

Looking at what I bolded, if Falcon is town and Made is mafia, he spews Sean town because he's pre-emptively using a villager's death as a reason to push another villager.

No idea what it does for Esooa though.
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 142

Post by hollowkatt »

anyone for Tea?
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:43 pm
25 out of ~250. Even if you think I am possibly a wolf, I don't see the point of this post, discouraging me from scumhunting?

Either way, since you're being stubborn, I will ISO Made and let you know my thoughts (even though I've already given some) so you can FINALLY talk about Falcon (whom you've been defending - on purpose? Inadvertently? who knows? Nook.)...
I don't care how many posts you have. My point was that in a Mafia game, if you have ten percent of the posts (your figure), you're going to get people pushing back at you. You said that made you think you are on to something.

What is that something?

No, I don't suspect falcon. Why does falcon have three votes and are they worthy votes?
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

completely arbitrary list with no rhyme or reason

esooa
falcon
lime
seanzie
syn
made

transcend
epi
ender
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:45 pm
Strange that you're voting me instead of the one you claim is trying to pocket you, no?
Nah. It’s a framework. In it ur the obvious scum, esooa is sus for distracting me from you and Sean and ride or die homie. Could be entirely wrong, but that’s the frame work rn. If ur town, essoa look better and Sean looks worst
thanks

Looking at what I bolded, if Falcon is town and Made is mafia, he spews Sean town because he's pre-emptively using a villager's death as a reason to push another villager.

this is a p good call I'd say

but in a world where falcon is town, do u think that made trends more towards town or maf?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:28 pm Syn suggesting sleep before we have any info over the lack of info we might gather has me somewhat concerned
Yo Syn

I feel like this might have been a joke post

But also i feel like there's some truth behind every joke and I just got pinged by this

So can you tell me the rationale behind this post?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 pm

"You're doing busywork to look busy."

In my book, that's an accusation. A civilian has no need to look busy. Therefore you are accusing falcon of being duplicitous.

I asked you how often does "doing busywork to look busy" work for mafia members in your experience.
I mean, if they're doing it right, I probably don't notice. If they're doing it wrong, it can be outing. So it has a myriad of results depending on the strength of the player, the situation, the strength of the town, and some random chance.

You haven't outwardly taken a stance on my take yet, but it seems likely that you disagree with me about Falcon. If so, I think you are maybe making two mistakes,

1.) A better question to ask than "how well does this work for wolves?" is "how often do wolves do this?" Those are very different questions, and things like "busywork" and "IIOA" didn't become buzzwords in mafia for no reason.

2.) Pressure can be applied to weak reads. Do I think Falcon doing some busywork guarantees that Falcon is a wolf? no. But can I develop my read on Falcon based on how they react to me pressuring them about their posts looking like busywork? yes. Not all accusations are meant to be the end of the conversation, many (especially early game) are meant to push the game forward in a positive way.

So, now that that is over, please take a stance. What do you think of Falcon and his busywork?
Loaded question.

My vote on you stands.
I'd still like to hear your thoughts about Falcon. Unload the question however you want, you should take a stance there.

I have a stance on you.
I looked at Made. They had a few good pokes in the first few posts, but I really didn't like them trying to set themselves up as anti-teamed with Falcon. I agreed with Made that Falcon's comparison of my read on Esooa vs Made's read on me being an inaccurate comparison, but I think Made and Falcon's interactions have been awkward enough that I don't rule them out as s/s. Made made a comment about me vs Esooa that really pinged me though, and I haven't heard a response from him yet about my followup, which is troubling. They say they are mindmelding with me, but I'd like to actually see their thought patterns that are leading them to the same conclusions I am getting to, rather than them just saying "same". I have stronger scumreads, but Made is probably on the scum-side of things if I had to make a GTH list.

Now you.

Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:50 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:28 pm Syn suggesting sleep before we have any info over the lack of info we might gather has me somewhat concerned
Yo Syn

But also i feel like there's some truth behind every joke and I just got pinged by this

hmmm this post reminds me of someone

not sure who
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:50 pm
Yo Syn

Okay...I'm laughing pretty hard at this.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:46 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:43 pm

I don't care how many posts you have. My point was that in a Mafia game, if you have ten percent of the posts (your figure), you're going to get people pushing back at you. You said that made you think you are on to something.

What is that something?

No, I don't suspect falcon. Why does falcon have three votes and are they worthy votes?
If you want to talk to me and demand things of me, please do more. All of my responses to you have been more than generous in content. I can't say the same here. It almost feels like you're trying to play opposite to how you did in Bike. Equal exchange, my friend. Equal exchange.

Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:50 pm

Loaded question.

My vote on you stands.

I have a stance on you.
I looked at Made. They had a few good pokes in the first few posts, but I really didn't like them trying to set themselves up as anti-teamed with Falcon. I agreed with Made that Falcon's comparison of my read on Esooa vs Made's read on me being an inaccurate comparison, but I think Made and Falcon's interactions have been awkward enough that I don't rule them out as s/s. Made made a comment about me vs Esooa that really pinged me though, and I haven't heard a response from him yet about my followup, which is troubling. They say they are mindmelding with me, but I'd like to actually see their thought patterns that are leading them to the same conclusions I am getting to, rather than them just saying "same". I have stronger scumreads, but Made is probably on the scum-side of things if I had to make a GTH list.

Now you.
sorry to interject your glorious quote pyramid but i actually think made's early posts (as well as his later posts) raised a red flag for me. i don't rlly understand why he would add to the "lolsleep" momentum and then immediately throw shade towards someone that did exactly what he did?
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

this game is going too hard too fast. Someone ping me tomorrow with cliffs or something.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 493
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:20 pm
Esooa wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:20 pm I found it--Ender's a wolf
You've really stopped townreading me on D1.

I'm sad.
don't be a wolf
I can't control the moonphases that define my life.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:49 pm completely arbitrary list with no rhyme or reason

esooa
falcon
lime
seanzie
syn
made

transcend
epi
ender
Pretty sure I should be in a category all of my own here. At least two returns on either side of me please.

Alison

Post by Alison »

LC, Sean, Falcon all town.

Made is scum.

[VOTE: Made] aubergine
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:54 pm LC, Sean, Falcon all town.

Made is scum.

on one hand i'm happy that ur voting w me

on the other i'm sad because u didn't throw me into the townpile >:(
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:49 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:45 pm
thanks

this is a p good call I'd say

but in a world where falcon is town, do u think that made trends more towards town or maf?
It could look bad because he's literally pushed on both Falcon and Esooa, whom were being scumread by myself and Sean respectively, and just shot at a gap hoping to take out 1 town out of the 2 of them.
Made could actually be spewing all 3 Esooa, Sean, and Falcon town in 1 go if he's scum.

That's such a weird thing to do though in terms of being opportunistic so early.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:54 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:49 pm completely arbitrary list with no rhyme or reason

esooa
falcon
lime
seanzie
syn
made

transcend
epi
ender
Pretty sure I should be in a category all of my own here. At least two returns on either side of me please.

seanzie
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:53 pm

Loaded question.

My vote on you stands.

I have a stance on you.

Now you.
sorry to interject your glorious quote pyramid but i actually think made's early posts (as well as his later posts) raised a red flag for me. i don't rlly understand why he would add to the "lolsleep" momentum and then immediately throw shade towards someone that did exactly what he did?
I interpreted his first post about sleep to be a joke, and so took it as separate from his actual stance about sleepers, but I see what you're saying here.

EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

esooa
falcon
lime
seanzie
syn
made

transcend
epi
ender
Look, if I wear wool over my fur, and slide you a fiver, can I get a townread?
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

but fwiw i agree w/ ur towncore.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Wow holy fuck how did I quote the wrong shit?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:56 pm

esooa
falcon
lime
seanzie
syn
made

transcend
epi
ender

seanzie
Tnx bud!

I agree the game is going pretty quick, but before you go, any non-arbitrary reads?

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

No wait I quoted right, it just looks fucking awkward.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:53 pm this game is going too hard too fast. Someone ping me tomorrow with cliffs or something.
To push you off? Got it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Made wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:01 pm I’m gonna pretend you’re town and Esooa is trying to pocket me instead of the other way around.
Thank you for claiming scum and spewing Esooa and Seanzie town.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:56 pm

esooa
falcon
lime
seanzie
syn
made

transcend
epi
ender
Look, if I wear wool over my fur, and slide you a fiver, can I get a townread?
My good sir, no. I take my bribes in the form of Tea and Sugar Cubes thank you very much
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:54 pm LC, Sean, Falcon all town.

Made is scum.

Why am I town? I haven't done anything towny.

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:57 pm
Made wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:01 pm I’m gonna pretend you’re town and Esooa is trying to pocket me instead of the other way around.
Thank you for claiming scum and spewing Esooa and Seanzie town.
He could've literally spewed Falcon town too with what he's going for.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:56 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:56 pm

esooa
falcon
lime
seanzie
syn
made

transcend
epi
ender

seanzie
Tnx bud!

I agree the game is going pretty quick, but before you go, any non-arbitrary reads?
no. Also those might not be arbitrary. I can't be sure though, sometimes things are fuzzy in my mind. Perhaps retiring to my workshop would improve my mental faculties.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Loaded question.

My vote on you stands.

I have a stance on you.

Now you.
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:21 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:15 pmI'm Batman.
Cool.

[VOTE: Epi] aubergine
Fine.
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:21 pm I'm town! And I'm def not Batman
Fine.
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:01 pm
Syn wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:59 pm I think we should sleep. Need more info.
Hmmmmmm
I don't care about this.
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:21 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:12 pm 3 posts from Falcon and they all look bad so far.
Have you ever made an accurate read of me?

Survey says! Nope
I don't know who Lime Coke is.

Sorry if that fucked up another joke, but I don't.

In the interest of my own time and care, I'm skipping some.
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:29 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:28 pm
Syn wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:59 pm11 v 4 is rough.
Wtf that's def imba
Syn wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:59 pm I think we should sleep. Need more info.
A sound strategy I must say. By sleeping, we have a 0% chance of accidentally misyeeting a villager.

[VOTE: sleep] aubergine
Accidentally misyeet? Do we ever intentionally misyeet a villager?

[VOTE: Transcend] aubergine
I laughed. This is a great post. One I would have made had I been on my game and actually said shit like "misyeeting."

Seanzie, can we make this faster? What posts do you take issue with? I'll address those.

Right now I think falcon is fine.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

People remember to vote in the poll!

Also [VOTE: Made] aubergine
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

@alison explain the Made read?
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

next to post is spewed town in a world that i flip scum in
Alison

Post by Alison »

This is a terrible attempt to set up a dichotomy between two players that are already feuding and Made's agenda is dripping from every word. Just turbo this slot please.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:59 pm next to post is spewed town in a world that i flip scum in
wat?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

alison is spewed town in a world that i flip scum in.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

hollowkatt wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:00 pm
Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:59 pm next to post is spewed town in a world that i flip scum in
wat?
u weren't fast enough

better luck next time kitty
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:00 pm
This is a terrible attempt to set up a dichotomy between two players that are already feuding and Made's agenda is dripping from every word. Just turbo this slot please.
Gonna vote Made or just sus them?

I can't get towncred by sheeping you if you don't vote.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Transcend town, Alison town.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:01 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:00 pm
Gonna vote Made or just sus them?

I can't get towncred by sheeping you if you don't vote.
my homie my dude my bro

she's already voting him

Return to “Previous Heists”