Re: Traitors for Exile

Post by Creature »

Guess I missed a lot of the discussion
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 339

Post by Creature »

Discussing cop strategy here is probably a bad idea.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 91

Post by falcon45ca »

Creature wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:22 pm Guess I missed a lot of the discussion
Fortunately it's written down, so you can catch up if ya like
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:21 pm
Wiml wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:09 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:01 pm
Wiml wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:48 pm
cat wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:48 am
Creature wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:14 am I wonder how we'll find the traitors
Do you think the traitors will try to contact eachother? Should we look for softs?
I'm reading this and the thing that actually stands out to me is actually something different to what was brought up.

I'll explain it better in a moment but coming into the thread with an immediate focus on potential partners is wolfy and it's part of the mindset I woukd expect from a lost wolf in this scenario.
Didn’t I say just that? Maybe I worded it poorly?
My reading comprehension is sometimes hit or miss lol.

I interpreted that you were saying it was wolfy because you interpreted it as it being something like a purposeful mention by cat to either soft lost wolf or to nudge other lost wolves into trying to communicate and/or being wary of getting spotted (even if they didn't realise it was a post from a lost wolf).

What I'm trying to say here is that I think the post is wolfy but for a slightly different reason actually looking at it again. I think a lost wolf comes into the thread with thoughts about teammates on their mind (communicating with / finding / etc) and I think that it's >rand likely for a lost wolf to unconsciously bring up the topic of communication between lost wolves in this way because it's something already on their mind coming into the thread (and therefore making them more likely to mention it). So a small TMI slip pretty much as opposed to a purposeful soft.

That's the difference I was trying to suggest, at least.
This looks like backpedalling to me dude
I explained what Sparkles was saying and I explained my different interpretation of the post to her.

That's not back pedalling. I came out of that post saying the same thing I had said just above but in greater detail.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:23 pm
Kinda harder to catch up with it when you haven't been part of it
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Creature wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:22 pm How you all doing?
Not bad thanks! How about you?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Wiml wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:24 pm
Creature wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:22 pm How you all doing?
Not bad thanks! How about you?
Just checked one of my first semester subjects and looks like there's a lot of boring reading involved. And that's just one of the eight subjects I'll have.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Do you think the traitors will try to contact eachother? Should we look for softs?
I'm reading this and the thing that actually stands out to me is actually something different to what was brought up.

I'll explain it better in a moment but coming into the thread with an immediate focus on potential partners is wolfy and it's part of the mindset I woukd expect from a lost wolf in this scenario.

I interpreted that you were saying it was wolfy because you interpreted it as it being something like a purposeful mention by cat to either soft lost wolf or to nudge other lost wolves into trying to communicate and/or being wary of getting spotted (even if they didn't realise it was a post from a lost wolf).

What I'm trying to say here is that I think the post is wolfy but for a slightly different reason actually looking at it again. I think a lost wolf comes into the thread with thoughts about teammates on their mind (communicating with / finding / etc) and I think that it's >rand likely for a lost wolf to unconsciously bring up the topic of communication between lost wolves in this way because it's something already on their mind coming into the thread (and therefore making them more likely to mention it). So a small TMI slip pretty much as opposed to a purposeful soft.

I explained what Sparkles was saying and I explained my different interpretation of the post to her.

That's not back pedalling. I came out of that post saying the same thing I had said just above but in greater detail.
"I think the post is wolfy, but for a slightly different reason looking back at it actually"

That's not explaining what you meant more clearly, that’s going back to your own read and adjusting the reason you felt that way about it. Backpedaling
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Auwt
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Auwt »

So then let's suppose there is a tie between two person during the Exile Phase, what's going to happen?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Creature wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:24 pm
So you're of the mind you can only engage in the game when discussion occurs while you are present?

Huh. That's a new one for me
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Auwt wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:27 pm So then let's suppose there is a tie between two person during the Exile Phase, what's going to happen?
We hope the dices are on our side
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Auwt wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:27 pm So then let's suppose there is a tie between two person during the Exile Phase, what's going to happen?
Let's ask the host
Auwt

Post by Auwt »

112 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:17 pm
Auwt wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:16 pm Heyo I'm new here, not used to this interface nor this website.
How are we supposed to vote anyone here (to be executed) ?
And also where could I see the vote count ?
vote in the poll for whom you want yeeted and then [VOTE: player] aubergine in the thread w/o the extra space

vote count should be visible once you've voted in the poll
Oh I see so the poll is also the vote count, okay okay thanks.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:28 pm
Creature wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:24 pm
So you're of the mind you can only engage in the game when discussion occurs while you are present?

Huh. That's a new one for me
It isn't that new. It's way easier to read someone when you're engaged with them than watching from the sidelines.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I used to do catch up reads but then I would be very wrong
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:27 pm

"I think the post is wolfy, but for a slightly different reason looking back at it actually"

That's not explaining what you meant more clearly, that’s going back to your own read and adjusting the reason you felt that way about it. Backpedaling
So you think me going back to review a slight scumread (when under no form of pressure to do so) and coming out saying "I stand by my read but I think there is a more likely interpretation of this post" is wolfy? How??? How does that post come from a wolf mindset? Why is it more likely that a wolf does that than a town?

I don't think you're genuinely trying to read me here as much as you're using buzzwords to try to misrepresent what I'm doing.
Auwt

Post by Auwt »

I am just going to follow the trend then for now.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Also I get flak for this at least once in every game I use it but solving via empathy with what you would do in the position of a wolf is super useful and more people should do it.

(In particular I've found it's useful for finding towns. You go into their ISO assuming they're a wolf by default and look for contradictions that break the narrative that you end up building. It makes ISOs more fun too lol).
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Wiml wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:32 pm

So you think me going back to review a slight scumread (when under no form of pressure to do so) and coming out saying "I stand by my read but I think there is a more likely interpretation of this post" is wolfy? How??? How does that post come from a wolf mindset? Why is it more likely that a wolf does that than a town?

I don't think you're genuinely trying to read me here as much as you're using buzzwords to try to misrepresent what I'm doing.
:haha: backpedal is a buzzword, oh my lanta. That's a good one.

You were questioned by MissSparkle on just repeating what she'd already said, and now you say you were under no pressure? Okie dokie then
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

:scared:
Auwt wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:35 pm I am just going to follow the trend then for now.
Hi! Have you read any of the points against cat? If you have, would you mind saying who's you agreed with and why?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 329

Post by MacDougall »

Lol this sure looks like a soft.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:37 pm

You were questioned by MissSparkle on just repeating what she'd already said, and now you say you were under no pressure? Okie dokie then
You should read the post I was originally questioned on where I described the last paragraph of the post you're quoting but in less detail. My read didn't change between that post and when I expanded on it. (I'm not sure if you're misinterpreting my wording here as saying that it had? I think the small quote you took makes it look that way without the full context. If that's the case then I understand what you actually mean here but if you just read the reads post above this one then it's very clear my read is the same between the two of them lol and I haven't backpedalled at all).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: kza] aubergine
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 399
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by MissSparkles »

I agree.
:cloud9:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Wiml wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:44 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:37 pm

You should read the post I was originally questioned on where I described the last paragraph of the post you're quoting but in less detail. My read didn't change between that post and when I expanded on it. (I'm not sure if you're misinterpreting my wording here as saying that it had? I think the small quote you took makes it look that way without the full context. If that's the case then I understand what you actually mean here but if you just read the reads post above this one then it's very clear my read is the same between the two of them lol and I haven't backpedalled at all).
Imma check
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

112 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:15 pm @Wiml MissS is forcing every post. trying really hard to look involved and contributing right off the starting line. she's talking more than there are things to talk about. i take her as scum who really wants to have a good scum game this time.

tbh some of the read comes down to me seeing my own scum game in her right now. she's playing like i do when i'm geared up for a long wolf game.
I can see where you get that impression from, but there’s a pretty obvi flip side to this and maybe it’s just that I’m town who also wants to have a good game in my syndicate debut.

It would be easier in my first scum game on a new site too just lay low especially in a game with no NK.

Again feels fake and just trying to push the envelope, stopping the vocal towny by placing doubt.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Eum it’s more so expanding on a read when I asked him too then backpedaling imo
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:55 pm
112 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:15 pm @Wiml MissS is forcing every post. trying really hard to look involved and contributing right off the starting line. she's talking more than there are things to talk about. i take her as scum who really wants to have a good scum game this time.

tbh some of the read comes down to me seeing my own scum game in her right now. she's playing like i do when i'm geared up for a long wolf game.
I can see where you get that impression from, but there’s a pretty obvi flip side to this and maybe it’s just that I’m town who also wants to have a good game in my syndicate debut.

It would be easier in my first scum game on a new site too just lay low especially in a game with no NK.

Again feels fake and just trying to push the envelope, stopping the vocal towny by placing doubt.
I like you but 112 is right lol
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Wiml wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:22 pm

Thanks! There's not much I can add to this but I appreciate your clarification.
What did you really think about his input? Be honest, i might be biased based on knowing i’m town so I want you too weigh in.

Doesn’t it feel like a scum read just for the sake of it and to be different/offer an alternative thought to my playstyle so I don’t continue getting town reads and become a problem for the traitors? Traitors can’t kill off correct universal town reads in this game and I was only getting town reads before he brought about his “suspicions”.

Still more confident in Cat, but it’s definitely something to think about considering if he is a Traitor there’s no doubt he doesn’t also think Cat is too.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:00 pm

You don’t even know how I play so you can’t really weigh in properly now can you? So might be best to let me play.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:03 pm

You don’t even know how I play so you can’t really weigh in properly now can you? So might be best to let me play.
Does anyone here?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Meh guess Mac is cop here
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Saw MissSparks is top poster. Is there any indication this is wolf topposting?
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

I mean sure, I came in with the thought of it actually looking like a soft and you expanded that thought further by stating that finding the traitors would be very much on there mind. So let’s call it teamwork cause yea it feels like TMI and deff also felt like a thought that was coming from a Traitor to the other Traitors.

A towny wouldn’t ask that question first thing, there’s no town thought process behind that question.

In a world where it actually is a towny though process, it would be something too look at upon a traitor flip, see if they softed/alluded to it and check to see who was away from the wagon/defending.

But as an OP, NAH. Obvious traitor is obvious imo.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:03 pm

Does anyone here?
Marmot? We had an interaction about it, maybe read our posts instead of supporting a dumb meta read that can’t even be applied cause you and 112 have no idea how I play.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:10 pm

Does anyone here?
Marmot? We had an interaction about it, maybe read our posts instead of supporting a dumb meta read that can’t even be applied cause you and 112 have no idea how I play.
Please don't be so hostile.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Creature wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:06 pm Saw MissSparks is top poster. Is there any indication this is wolf topposting?
I mean, i’m on leave and bored so yea, I HAVE THE TIME.

But yes others have alluded to it. It’s whatever, i’m used to suspicion at this point.
KGMurphy
Posts in topic: 18
Aka: Andy

Post by KGMurphy »

Gavial wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:30 am Welcome to the Village of Happiness where there is no mafia to hurt us, but there is traitors and if enough go into those mountains of exile they could destroy this entire village so ugh get rid of those traitors yeah?

Day 1 Begins!

@Wisdom
@Long Con
@KGMurphy
@MacDougall
@Creature
@Gira
@cat
@falcon45ca
@Marmot
@112
@Poison
@MissSparkles
@KZA
@Wiml
@Auwt
Nobody is keeping their eyes on wisdom. It’s always the ones at the back you need to look out for
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:12 pm

Does anyone here?
Please don't be so hostile.
I’m not trying to be hostile, but when someone comes at you with garbage it’s frustrating.

Like i’m sure you can understand how a meta read on a player you’ve never played with is probably not a good idea.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ok
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Cat not showing up again, ain’t a good look.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:15 pmok
I apologize if I’m making you upset in anyway.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

it's all good
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Tbf, backpedaling is changing his reasoning and taking it back, nit elaborating on it and explaining the difference from my initial read more in depth 🤷‍♀️
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:01 pm

What did you really think about his input? Be honest, i might be biased based on knowing i’m town so I want you too weigh in.

Doesn’t it feel like a scum read just for the sake of it and to be different/offer an alternative thought to my playstyle so I don’t continue getting town reads and become a problem for the traitors? Traitors can’t kill off correct universal town reads in this game and I was only getting town reads before he brought about his “suspicions”.

Still more confident in Cat, but it’s definitely something to think about considering if he is a Traitor there’s no doubt he doesn’t also think Cat is too.
I understand your concern (it's why I asked for a clarification on the read on you in particular: I had a similar wariness to you about the read, although I thought 112's entrance was towny overall).

After reading the response, I honestly don't have much to respond about the validity of the points said there but I think the thought process behind the read seems pretty genuine (from the comparison to past scum games as well as the small amount of narrative building which is something I find comes as a result of genuine solving more often than not) and I can see how 112 could realistically think that you were going for a look towny -> powerwolf strategy.

I think particularly the line "she's talking more than there are things to talk about" reminds me of my last wolf game and how purposefully overactive I was and I can understand this point in particular coming from a town who is relatively paranoid at seeing a player possibly setting themself up to try to go deep.

So tl;dr I think the explanation is fine!
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

Wiml wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:29 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:01 pm

I understand your concern (it's why I asked for a clarification on the read on you in particular: I had a similar wariness to you about the read, although I thought 112's entrance was towny overall).

After reading the response, I honestly don't have much to respond about the validity of the points said there but I think the thought process behind the read seems pretty genuine (from the comparison to past scum games as well as the small amount of narrative building which is something I find comes as a result of genuine solving more often than not) and I can see how 112 could realistically think that you were going for a look towny -> powerwolf strategy.

I think particularly the line "she's talking more than there are things to talk about" reminds me of my last wolf game and how purposefully overactive I was and I can understand this point in particular coming from a town who is relatively paranoid at seeing a player possibly setting themself up to try to go deep.

So tl;dr I think the explanation is fine!
It’s just he’s comparing apples to oranges, so i’m like well this isn’t a fair take on me when you don’t know me and he’s applying what he would do unto me, so i’m like ehhh.

I’m generating things to talk about is a lot more accurate and engaging numerous players is a much fairer assessment on my play rn.

Like i’m not just talking for the sake of it i’m actively prodding people, putting people in action, offering reads and my own take things.

Sure this works better in a game scum know who each other are, but I’m not gonna change the way I play based on own game, especially not when I’m pretty confident I have scum.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

But it’s fair to say it could come from a paranoid towny, but considering that’s his only real read/input it looks bad. Like there’s a lot of things he could comment on and talk about.
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 44

Post by 112 »

Does anyone here?
Not all reads = meta reads.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Oh shit, this kitten has claws
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

112 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:46 pm

Does anyone here?
Not all reads = meta reads.
How is making a read based on how i’m playing not a meta read when it’s pro town play?

You wanna call it a guess instead?

Return to “Previous Heists”