Host/Mod/Dead/Spec
56%

Total votes: 9
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 313

Re: The Lion King [Day 0]

Post by tutuu »

(fwiw ive also had a similar impression of proto urist (that he would do these stuff this game))
cobbler
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by cobbler »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:23 pm Lots of mechanics things to talk about. Best person for cop to use night check on, whether doctor should use heals aggressively or save them for late in the game, best way to use tracker, whether a doublevote is mathematically more powerful now or in the late game, etc.
we don't have any role information yet do we? other than 3 possible role sets? am i understanding that correctly?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i think they're 6

each row and each column
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

(and alison made that post in response to urist wrst proto, i feel like ur just responding as if that post ur quoting was aimed at the general populace which it isnt)
Lavender
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Lavender »

ok here i am at 🌈🤘, hello everyone :D
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

cobbler wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:38 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:23 pm Lots of mechanics things to talk about. Best person for cop to use night check on, whether doctor should use heals aggressively or save them for late in the game, best way to use tracker, whether a doublevote is mathematically more powerful now or in the late game, etc.
we don't have any role information yet do we? other than 3 possible role sets? am i understanding that correctly?
There are 6 possible setups. They are as follows:

1) Cop, 9 VT, 3 Mafia
2) 2-Shot Tracker, 2-Shot Doctor, 8 VT, 3 Mafia
3) Cop, 2-Shot Doublevoter, 8 VT, 2 Mafia, 1 Godfather
4) Cop, 2-Shot Tracker, 8 VT, 2 Mafia, 1 Godfather
5) 2-Shot Doctor, 2-Shot Doublevoter, 8 VT, 3 Mafia
6) Cop, 9 VT, 3 Mafia.

It is random which of these 6 setups are in the game; we don't have public information as to which setup we're in right now. (Although people with one of those roles can narrow it down - like if you're a Tracker you know we're either in setup 2 or setup 4. Obviously, don't let on that you know that or the mafia will kill you.) Note that setups 1 and 6 are identical, so that setup essentially has twice the chance of occurring.

Mechanics aside - what are your reads, cobbler?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
cobbler

Post by cobbler »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:50 pm
cobbler wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:38 pm
There are 6 possible setups. They are as follows:

1) Cop, 9 VT, 3 Mafia
2) 2-Shot Tracker, 2-Shot Doctor, 8 VT, 3 Mafia
3) Cop, 2-Shot Doublevoter, 8 VT, 2 Mafia, 1 Godfather
4) Cop, 2-Shot Tracker, 8 VT, 2 Mafia, 1 Godfather
5) 2-Shot Doctor, 2-Shot Doublevoter, 8 VT, 3 Mafia
6) Cop, 9 VT, 3 Mafia.

It is random which of these 6 setups are in the game; we don't have public information as to which setup we're in right now. (Although people with one of those roles can narrow it down - like if you're a Tracker you know we're either in setup 2 or setup 4. Obviously, don't let on that you know that or the mafia will kill you.) Note that setups 1 and 6 are identical, so that setup essentially has twice the chance of occurring.

Mechanics aside - what are your reads, cobbler?
thanks

i haven't gotten much in the way of reads yet. it's taking me a lot of energy to begin learning who everyone is tbh. there was one post that pinged me a little bit that i haven't shared yet
cobbler

Post by cobbler »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:00 am
cobbler wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:49 pm much appreciated :) i'll try not to shy away. i have to admit i'm a bit intimidated playing here because i've known about this community for a very long time and it has a strong reputation for solid gameplay
No need to be intimidated! It's a nice bunch of people playing here ^^ Just be open with your thoughts and do you best. Unless you're scum, cause then I'd be a little intimidated. Luckily, you're not! =)
bolding mine

this jumped out at me. obviously it could just be a way to say i'm a townread, which is something they went on to do later. it could also just literally be a scumslip
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i doubt it was a scumslip cob =))
cobbler

Post by cobbler »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:13 pm i doubt it was a scumslip cob =))
i agree it's unlikely. i was waiting to see if anyone else brought it up. but i have to be honest about it and say that i had a very visceral reaction to reading it
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 152

Post by protocultures »

cobbler wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:15 pm
i agree it's unlikely. i was waiting to see if anyone else brought it up. but i have to be honest about it and say that i had a very visceral reaction to reading it
I read it and thought scumslip and then i ignored it. Nobody slips that big imo.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

you can be town for the "i was waiting to see if anyone else brought it up"

(to clarify, im highly sure all of us perceived dizzy's sentence as a townread. i think you entertaining the possibility of someone else bringing it up as a potential scumslip is actually extraordinarily towny. i think its unlikely if u are scum u came up with that out of everything else u could have come up with)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:35 pm
I read it and thought scumslip and then i ignored it. Nobody slips that big imo.
wait lol
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

ngl im still giggling at this situation
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm so glad I have experience with you or I would be tunnelling you pretty hard here.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:37 pm
you can be town for the "i was waiting to see if anyone else brought it up"

(to clarify, im highly sure all of us perceived dizzy's sentence as a townread. i think you entertaining the possibility of someone else bringing it up as a potential scumslip is actually extraordinarily towny. i think its unlikely if u are scum u came up with that out of everything else u could have come up with)
I agree with this.
cobbler

Post by cobbler »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:43 pm
I'm so glad I have experience with you or I would be tunnelling you pretty hard here.
can you explain this a little bit? what about your experience with them is effecting your reaction?
Alison

Post by Alison »

It's a little hard to verbalize. Basically I think this peculiar train of thought ("I think this is a scumslip, but scum doesn't slip this big") and the attitude of trying to break down every behavior someone has into AI-town/AI-scum/NAI backed up by notions of how people should/shouldn't play is very characteristic of proto's solving process as town. If I saw this by anyone else my immediate reaction would be "WTF" and then voting them, but I've seen similar kinds of thought processes come from town proto so it's NAI for him.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:43 pm
I don't get it. I think tutuu and Alison think I made some AI post here by saying I ignored a scumslip.Can you explain further?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

As a master of scumslips myself, I have to say that one doesn't qualify in my books.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]jeraldooo[/mention]

You post smells like fear buddy. Fear of being sniffed out as mafia. Are you mafia? ARE YOU MAFIA?

Also any reads?
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Urist »

What makes you think I'm trying to find reasons to townread proto? We clearly have history with each other and proto said I pocketed him super deep in a previous game, which implies that I understand him quite well. Is it a surprise that I have my theory about what proto would or wouldn't do here as scum?
proto himself said that he's not doing it because the setup doesn't support it.
so either:
a) he's town and being genuine, in which case your reason for town reading him is incorrect.
b) he's scum, in which case your reason for town reading him is definitely incorrect.
c) he's town and you somehow know him better than he knows himself.
Judging by what you've said you seem to think that c is the case, which isn't something that I had considered before. And it's fine that you think that, but I don't think it really tells me anything about you other than that you think you know proto super well.
I wanted to drop this before I began to reveal myself as a pedantic ass, since this is such a small point that in the grand scheme of things really has no bearing on the game or anyone's alignment, but here we are.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Tutuu hard town.

Alison town
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[mention]Urist[/mention]

What do you think about my scumread on you?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:08 pm Tutuu hard town.

Alison town
<3

(i didnt think u made an ai post btw wrt """"scumslip"""" btw. neither did alison say she thinks that)
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:09 pm @Urist

you're wrong so i don't really care tbh
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[mention]protocultures[/mention] [mention]jeraldooo[/mention] btw would it be possible if at least 1 of u gets an avi please? cuz like atm both of u have this blue square thingy with the white question mark and it will get confusing (i already confused jeraldooo's first post for proto's)
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Sure. Hadn't occured to me yet but good idea.

Will do it when off mobile and on pc.
cobbler

Post by cobbler »

Urist wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:10 pm
protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:09 pm @Urist

you're wrong so i don't really care tbh
this isn't very helpful if you're town. i'd like to see more of a response than this
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:28 pm Sure. Hadn't occured to me yet but good idea.

I dare you to use this avi Image

You just wouldn't dare.

You wouldn't DARE and I know it.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

cobbler wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:28 pm this isn't very helpful if you're town. i'd like to see more of a response than this
if i were scum i'd be more than happy to clutter the thread by swatting his accusations away with the obvious answers, and i'd look super good doing it too
cobbler

Post by cobbler »

Urist wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:36 pm
cobbler wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:28 pm this isn't very helpful if you're town. i'd like to see more of a response than this
if i were scum i'd be more than happy to clutter the thread by swatting his accusations away with the obvious answers, and i'd look super good doing it too
this is the most mind-bending thing i've ever read in a game of mafia
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

considering that (i believe) no one has played with urist before (i just checked and they said only nanook yeah.)

i tr them for that post. think its more likely to be town being honest cuz if theyre scum the mindset is like

a) i dont wanna fake solving so ill just brazenly say this
or b) i should follow my town meta from my homesite even tho no one in this game hasnt played with me and it would have been easier if i were to play a standard scum game here but ill still push a stick in my bicycle wheel (like that meme) just to follow my town meta from my homesite- that feels unlikely or at least in my mind putting extra effort than normal
or c) something im not thinking of

and none of those seem more likely than just town being honest

but then again i did also very easily wrongly lock towned alison for her effort last game and i was proven that some ppl have different values about how much effort is worth putting and stuff so i could be wrong obv. but i feel good about urist
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

maybe town meta wasnt rly accurate more like "quirks"

im sure that they have the quirk of saying that they dont wanna fight off accusations as town on their homesite where everyone is used to them, but since noone is used to them (them as in the person, urist) here, i think its unnecessary effort to fight off the potential scumreads that will follow (if theyre scum and decided to do this)
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:31 pm
protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:28 pm Sure. Hadn't occured to me yet but good idea.

I dare you to use this avi Image

You just wouldn't dare.

You wouldn't DARE and I know it.
Well you gave me a <3 for hard townreading you so don't really think I could in good conscience deny such a request.

I will change it after lion king though because that Avi isn't really me.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

u dont even like it that much but u will still wear it thats so wholesome omfg :blush:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

this will probably disturb 1612, jeraldoo and lavender to no end, but... thats not a bad thing.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

cobbler wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:55 pm
this is the most mind-bending thing i've ever read in a game of mafia
This is a wifom deflection rather than giving us any actual answers. You shouldnt accept this imo.

[mention]Urist[/mention] Please clutter the thread.

It helps me to determine people's alignment by forcing people to give reads on other people and see the reasoning they provide.
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:58 pm I don't get it. I think tutuu and Alison think I made some AI post here by saying I ignored a scumslip.Can you explain further?
Would be AI from anyone else. NAI from you.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Urist wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:05 pm

What makes you think I'm trying to find reasons to townread proto? We clearly have history with each other and proto said I pocketed him super deep in a previous game, which implies that I understand him quite well. Is it a surprise that I have my theory about what proto would or wouldn't do here as scum?
proto himself said that he's not doing it because the setup doesn't support it.
so either:
a) he's town and being genuine, in which case your reason for town reading him is incorrect.
b) he's scum, in which case your reason for town reading him is definitely incorrect.
c) he's town and you somehow know him better than he knows himself.
Judging by what you've said you seem to think that c is the case, which isn't something that I had considered before. And it's fine that you think that, but I don't think it really tells me anything about you other than that you think you know proto super well.
I wanted to drop this before I began to reveal myself as a pedantic ass, since this is such a small point that in the grand scheme of things really has no bearing on the game or anyone's alignment, but here we are.
I'm saying that proto, as scum, can easily find something to make up to talk about. Proto, as town, doesn't need to make up anything, so he just doesn't talk about mechanics and explains that he can't find anything he wants to talk about. It is as simple as that; and that is why I am townreading him for it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I agree that is an easy way out if you are mafia. But I also don't understand why you aren't engaging with them if you are town also. That is a good way to produce content that lets you sort them, and if proto is town, it allows them to sort you.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:27 pm considering that (i believe) no one has played with urist before (i just checked and they said only nanook yeah.)

i tr them for that post. think its more likely to be town being honest cuz if theyre scum the mindset is like

a) i dont wanna fake solving so ill just brazenly say this
or b) i should follow my town meta from my homesite even tho no one in this game hasnt played with me and it would have been easier if i were to play a standard scum game here but ill still push a stick in my bicycle wheel (like that meme) just to follow my town meta from my homesite- that feels unlikely or at least in my mind putting extra effort than normal
or c) something im not thinking of

and none of those seem more likely than just town being honest

but then again i did also very easily wrongly lock towned alison for her effort last game and i was proven that some ppl have different values about how much effort is worth putting and stuff so i could be wrong obv. but i feel good about urist
Pretty sure it's largely NAI. I heavily suspect this is just Urist's style of playing as both alignments and not related to whether or not they are town or scum. If they were scum they could be doing this because people who care less about how others perceive them are seen as town. But the simplest explanation is that they do this because this is the way they are most comfortable with dealing with accusations.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

ok fair enuff sowwy alison :sob:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

im kinda vibing with alisons posts

i have no idea if i can read her of i will ever be able to read her but my heart is just telling me "alison town"
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:59 pm
Urist wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:46 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:45 am What does this mean?
the words tutuu chooses to use seem like they were chosen by town
Elaborate on this?
Urist wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:53 am Alison's town
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:48 am I feel like if proto was scum here he'd just play the way people expect him to play rather than going "I am deviating from my play in Space Invaders and here's why". It's not like it's a hard playstyle to fake.
proto said it himself, it would be literally impossible for him to commit to the same playstyle as Space Invaders, and the main reason for why he's saying it seems to be so that he isn't scumread for having a different playstyle.
If anything, proto saying he'll have a different playstyle is slightly scummy.
Giving him a townread for it is scummy as well.
Nah, all scum proto has to do is come in here and post 5000 words theorizing about game mechanics that everyone skims over, and then collect his free towncred. Everything he's done here just reeks of purity, and the "do you think I am scum? What about if I told you X? Shouldn't you scumread me if I told you Y?" thing is a quirk I've noticed he has in his gamesolving style as town. It's also a quirk that I haven't told him I noticed, so I don't think he's intentionally replicating it to pocket me.

(Also do you mean to say "Alison's scum"? Like you said I was town then went on to explain why my read was awful.)
Hope you aren't dunking on me. If you are....well played Alison. Well played.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:22 pm im kinda vibing with alisons posts

i have no idea if i can read her of i will ever be able to read her but my heart is just telling me "alison town"
listen to your heart
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

with the lowercase and no punctuation too OMFG

i mean i just cant not atp

alison 100% lock town never changing never rescinding never reevaluating always ccing
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 654
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

More posts hype!

I'm pre-occupied with other matters, but I want to and will get back in here ASAP, probably this evening Pacific time.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:35 pm with the lowercase and no punctuation too OMFG

i mean i just cant not atp

alison 100% lock town never changing never rescinding never reevaluating always ccing
another game, another successful tutuu and proto pocket

Return to “Previous Heists”