Total votes: 8
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: The Hobbit Mafia

Post by Marmot »

Boogs wrote:Larger games are always more difficult for me like I said when I sign up, so I have no idea who I'm looking at for my lynch vote yet.
Just vote the person who would be most likely to be a member of Team Rocket.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Boogs wrote:Larger games are always more difficult for me like I said when I sign up, so I have no idea who I'm looking at for my lynch vote yet.
Just vote the person who would be most likely to be a member of Team Rocket.
Hmmm... Who hear has long red hair and a talking cat then...? Lmao
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Here* I'm sleepy still this morning lol
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I would like the record to reflect how happy I am that so many members of Animal Sanctuary Squad are here! (I have starting making A.S.S. trading cards). I feel like it's been awhile since we were all together.

Been forever since I was in a long game, so I'm excited to get entrenched.
Like I said before, I'm a wombat.
Sorry, we already have a wombat.
:ponder:
Surely you know that vompatti is finnish for wombat
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:A Person the inexperienced
birdwithteeth11 the interdisciplinary
Boogs the feline
Bullzeye the sharp-sighted
Captain Bunny Killer, killer of bunny captains
DFaraday the elusive
DisgruntledPorcupine the disgruntled
Dom the melodic
Elohcin, lover of cakes
Epignosis, lover of lover of cakes
Flyin' High the aloft
FZ the brief
Hedgeowl, devourer of vegetables
insertnamehere the convoluted
juliets the caffeinated
kneel4justice the bossy
Kylemii the surprisingly deft
Leamiteo the “I don’t know anything about you”
Lizzy the scourge of Romania
Metalmarsh89 the forgotten-gendered
Mongoose the investigative
MovingPictures07, leader of the site about whom nothing bad shall ever be said
nijuukyugou the unpronounceable
reywaS the backwards
Snow Dog the Welsh Rarebit
Spacedaisy the florid
>SpaghettiEverywhere the silent
Turnip Head, he who lives in constant fear of Hedgeowl
Vompatti the single-chaired
Hey all! Finally checking-in. Yay game. Also love llamas names here, but particularly TH's. Watch out for the mighty veggie devourer! :haha: i also thought of TH when feeding my son turnips and he smeared them on his head this weekend. :D
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I appreciate the additional thoughts on FZ. She does always seem super eager when I've played with her, but I actually don't think I've seen her baddie game, and I'm trying to evaluate players on their behavior alone as well (out of context of who is doing it) because I find that I've been evaluating everything in terms of context (who is saying it, why, etc.)... which is helpful, but sometimes it has downsides where you can overlook obviously suspicious behavior by writing it off as "normal" for that person.

kneel4justice wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Touche. :p

I meant if you had an opinion about anything else (not about FZ., since you did provide it, which I appreciate it). Response appreciated.

I think I seriously might pull a Llama and vote a non-poster if there are still some that haven't shown up by tomorrow. I don't know. I want to see how people react.
Why are you so set (you've mentioned it more than once, I wasn't sure if you were serious) on a low poster vote though? I can understand if we were farther into the day and nothing happened but the day just only started. I think instead of planning on voting for a non participant we should start digging around and see if anything warrants suspicion and if not, then we vote a low poster.

And I'm not quite sure why you admitted to wanting to see how people react. Now their walls are up concerning anything you say. But we'll see if you find anything noteworthy even now, I guess!
I don't even know if I'm serious (yet); I just wanted to start discussion. :p I haven't voted yet for a reason.

I think I've been successful on that front, no?

I admitted to wanting to see how people react because everyone always takes me super seriously and eyes me pretty hard, so I wanted to be clear that I'm not actually advocating that everyone lynch a no-poster right now. I've been lynched over less, especially this early on in the game, and I don't want to stop playing just yet. Lol.

Kylemii wrote:
I agree with this, stating from the get-go that you plan to vote for a non poster this early opens it up for baddies to remind their teammates to post so they don't get got. It's better to discuss voting that way later on if nothing else comes up.
Does it? My job here is to generate discussion. When no one says anything, baddies can't be caught in nefarious lies (civvies lie sometimes too, but obviously not for nefarious reasons, unless you're playing chaos).

Anyone who seriously knows me knows that I almost never self-vote, random vote, or vote for a no-show or low poster (especially this early on) and I've explained multiple times why (removes accountability).

I just want people to talk. Is that so much to ask? ;)

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: Been forever since I was in a long game, so I'm excited to get entrenched.
Lynch Mongoose on Day 1.
Can anyone tell me if this back and forth banter between llama and Mongoose a regular thing? Because it seems little like distancing. Something along the lines of : If the two were working together they wouldn't be going at each other like that in a playful obvious way...

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
So, whom are we going to lynch?

What say you, llama, how about a non-poster?

It's early yet, but I could get behind that. As I've said many times, a non-posting civ is almost as bad as a baddie, so there's not much to lose.
I'm not even sure I will do that, but there's no sense in not discussing it.

Frankly, I thought it was a bit weird that FZ. brought up her point that players could be suspicious for engaging in the contest. It's true baddies could be just as likely to want to win as civvies, but I don't see why that would be any lead whatsoever.

Though I guess it'd be better than randomizing, so. :p
Can you elaborate on your comment about me, whether you thought it was strange that I thought baddies wanted to win (which is completely not what I said), or the fact that I said the contest made it easier for baddies to blend in and like other said, came off as aggressive?

Because if it's the former, than you just misunderstood and I meant that it's the kind of conversation that helps the baddies blend in, because they can participate without having to fear what they say can be used against them. I think it's pretty obvious.
If it's the latter, it makes me more concerned, because I would expect that comment from people who haven't played with me, not those who have. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt because it's been a while since we played together, and we didn't play that much, but like llama said, I like to get the game moving early on, and people who know me, know that, and I thought of you as someone who should know that.

As for K4J, you worried me there for a moment, with your comment about how I suspected you for being too serious last game we played together, and now I was being too serious, because I don't think it was like that at all, because I felt someone should mention that this isn't going to lead us anywhere and maybe progress the conversation, but I think I was far from being too serious. But I see you repented, so it makes me feel better about you, because why post that last post if it wasn't genuine (still, after last game, I'm going to be a lot more watchful with you.)

In any case, I have to admit that this is something I struggle with here on TS every game. Too much time of trying to do nothing, and then people either randomly vote, or even worse, self vote, or just vote for the no shows.

Now, I have my eye on someone, but I want to see what that person will say further into the day, so I'll decide who I want to vote for when I come back on Saturday before the deadline. And thanks for making the deadline on Saturday, Russ, it's so much better for me :D
As to Mongoose and llama: It's normal; they know each other very well and have for quite a while.

As to elaboration, the former, but nonetheless I still think you jumped to that conclusion too early, since at that point it was still really early on in the game and the contest had only been occurring for a short period of time. I know you're eager, but your comment seemed like suspicion mongering to me, like you could use it in the future to set up a nefarious vote against someone because they "blended in" by participating too much in the contest. That was just how I read it in my gut as I was reading through. I know it seems rather in character for you, but I'm just telling you that's how I interpreted a possible intention of yours in that post.

However, I agree with you; way too many people over here random vote or self-vote. Actually, maybe instead of a no-show I'll vote for the first person who random or self-votes. :feb:

FZ. wrote:One other thing, I see people pointing fingers at MP for "pushing" for a low poster. I agree that it's too early to decide such a thing, but going after MP for that seems too easy. I always want to vote for those who are not around because I think why the heck sign up if you're not going to play, and it makes it harder for the civs to figure out who is scum. But even though I say it and want it, I usually do it only if I really don't have a reason to vote for someone else. So far, MP hasn't voted...I think. So to me, it seems more like him talking the big talk in order to move the conversation along. Even though I didn't like what he said about me, at the moment, he seems like the person who's moving the game along the most, and for that reason, I think I don't like those who are targeting him. Now I need to go back and see who they were. Damn, this game is too big :p
Thank you! :)

I know llama agrees with your "why sign up if you're not going to play?" because he is quite vocal of that and so do I, but I have counterargued with him before that some people have busy RL (I understand after going through tax season), they still want to play, but maybe can't check in with the same kind of frequency as others, or maybe are particularly busy while D0/D1 is happening, so typically I think it makes more sense to vote for a no/low poster later on in the game (or like you said, unless there's honestly nothing else to go on). And let's be honest here, some people just have more talkative game styles than others.

So those are all things to consider.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: I know llama agrees with your "why sign up if you're not going to play?" because he is quite vocal of that and so do I, but I have counterargued with him before that some people have busy RL (I understand after going through tax season), they still want to play, but maybe can't check in with the same kind of frequency as others, or maybe are particularly busy while D0/D1 is happening, so typically I think it makes more sense to vote for a no/low poster later on in the game (or like you said, unless there's honestly nothing else to go on). And let's be honest here, some people just have more talkative game styles than others.
I was completely MIA in X-Men and spent the whole game talking about nothing but Morlocks. I survived to the end and only lost due to an impossible-to-predict hidden rule. I don't like that this is such a viable game strategy and like to discourage people from employing it by voting for them.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

A Person wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I would like the record to reflect how happy I am that so many members of Animal Sanctuary Squad are here! (I have starting making A.S.S. trading cards). I feel like it's been awhile since we were all together.

Been forever since I was in a long game, so I'm excited to get entrenched.
Like I said before, I'm a wombat.
Sorry, we already have a wombat.
:ponder:
Surely you know that vompatti is finnish for wombat
holy shit

I just figured that out

I just thought he liked wombats.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: I know llama agrees with your "why sign up if you're not going to play?" because he is quite vocal of that and so do I, but I have counterargued with him before that some people have busy RL (I understand after going through tax season), they still want to play, but maybe can't check in with the same kind of frequency as others, or maybe are particularly busy while D0/D1 is happening, so typically I think it makes more sense to vote for a no/low poster later on in the game (or like you said, unless there's honestly nothing else to go on). And let's be honest here, some people just have more talkative game styles than others.
I was completely MIA in X-Men and spent the whole game talking about nothing but Morlocks. I survived to the end and only lost due to an impossible-to-predict hidden rule. I don't like that this is such a viable game strategy and like to discourage people from employing it by voting for them.
I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment. High posters unite!

The only problem is that not all high posters are civvies. Or maybe this game they are... :ponder:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So who still hasn't checked in?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I know llama agrees with your "why sign up if you're not going to play?" because he is quite vocal of that and so do I, but I have counterargued with him before that some people have busy RL (I understand after going through tax season), they still want to play, but maybe can't check in with the same kind of frequency as others, or maybe are particularly busy while D0/D1 is happening, so typically I think it makes more sense to vote for a no/low poster later on in the game (or like you said, unless there's honestly nothing else to go on). And let's be honest here, some people just have more talkative game styles than others.

Usually in big games like these, I sit back and watch for the first few cycles, and then presumably if I'm not eliminated, I start posting more and more. I like to get an idea of the dynamic of the game before I completely dive in.

That being said, I agree with FZ. To me it looked like MP was just making a suggestion to vote a NP if no clear candidate is revealed, which happens often on this site. The fact that K4J immediately jumped on that makes me a bit nervous.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Usually in big games like these, I sit back and watch for the first few cycles, and then presumably if I'm not eliminated, I start posting more and more. I like to get an idea of the dynamic of the game before I completely dive in.

That being said, I agree with FZ. To me it looked like MP was just making a suggestion to vote a NP if no clear candidate is revealed, which happens often on this site. The fact that K4J immediately jumped on that makes me a bit nervous.
You think K4J is suspicious for that?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And for anyone who cares, I'm still working on crafting my nicknames for everyone. :feb:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I have a weak Day 1 suspicion of her. Probably not worth voting, but I have my eye on her.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I have a weak Day 1 suspicion of her. Probably not worth voting, but I have my eye on her.
Thanks for the elaboration! Just wanted to get a feel for how strongly you felt about it.

Any other thoughts yet? (and that same question goes for anyone else)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote: nijuukyugou, the Second Best English Teacher in a One Hundred Yard Radius
Damn, I just noticed this today! It's because I'm THE best one within the radius that I haven't posted since...whenever I posted. Yikes.

My life is back together, so more relevant posts to follow soon!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment. High posters unite!
I am occasionally a high poster... :mafia:
MovingPictures07 wrote:So who still hasn't checked in?
We are waiting on Leamiteo and Disgruntled Porcupine to check in. I know because I'm waiting so I can include them on one of those post search linky index things.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Vompatti »

Hi. I don't have info about this poll. :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

Dom wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
Dom wrote:Just checking in, Sorry I've been less present than I'd like to be. I've had quite the day!

I see FZ and MP have been talking quite a bit. That doesn't surprise me one bit. Kyle, I think you make a fair point. I would like to read up on this more when I have time. We have until Saturday, which is nice.
I kind of disagree with your observation. FZ hasn't talked all that much about anything of substance, and I'm not blaming her either.

To FZ (and everyone else):
When checking back to verify this I reread her original post about the nicknames thing and see I must have paid more attention to someones response than her actual post because it is not what I thought it would so my post referring to how it may be weird doesn't really hold of substance anymore. Sorry for future readers who I've probably confused now. Lol
K4J, I realize I mixed the two of you up. Sometimes I do that in my head because you both remind me of the other. Sorry!
Lol, I was wondering if you meant me because I remember that happening before but I wasn't quite sure. No problem! I like being grouped with FZ. :P
MovingPictures07 wrote: I don't even know if I'm serious (yet); I just wanted to start discussion. :p I haven't voted yet for a reason.

I think I've been successful on that front, no?

I admitted to wanting to see how people react because everyone always takes me super seriously and eyes me pretty hard, so I wanted to be clear that I'm not actually advocating that everyone lynch a no-poster right now. I've been lynched over less, especially this early on in the game, and I don't want to stop playing just yet. Lol.
I know that you've been successful in making people talk, and that's a good thing. I think this every game when people accuse me of doing things too early, however it doesn't necessarily mean you had that intention when initially speaking it, which is why I have to pay attention to it but I understand where you're possibly coming from.
insertnamehere wrote: That being said, I agree with FZ. To me it looked like MP was just making a suggestion to vote a NP if no clear candidate is revealed, which happens often on this site. The fact that K4J immediately jumped on that makes me a bit nervous.
I wouldn't say I immediately jumped on it. If I did that, then I would have been all over him asking Llama about lynching low-posters. I waited and became more concerned when he seemed to continue the topic and looked more serious about it. I talk about things when I have things to talk about, and honestly I'm not even sure how I feel about him, I was, like he claims, trying to get discussion started and going to see if his or anyone else had a reply that jumped out at me.

BTW. I am a he/him. :p
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment. High posters unite!
I am occasionally a high poster... :mafia:
This should have been apparent from just a quick glance at your avatar.
Vompatti wrote:Hi. I don't have info about this poll. :mafia:
K.

I don't really have anything major to add at this point, in fact I will probably be relatively absent until tomorrow afternoon. This is sort of a busy weekend for me in terms of social activities.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'll be heading out on a camping trip this evening, so I'll probably be dropping a random vote somewhere before I head out.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:And for anyone who cares, I'm still working on crafting my nicknames for everyone. :feb:
You don't know me. :llama:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also, INH, that is one mighty big sig, you dig.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And for anyone who cares, I'm still working on crafting my nicknames for everyone. :feb:
I do.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'll be heading out on a camping trip this evening, so I'll probably be dropping a random vote somewhere before I head out.
Real camping, or phony oh-but-I-have-to-have-showers-and-a-toilet-and-electricty-because-I-am-scared-of-the-dark camping?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

So we should be expecting those by the end of day 10, I presume.
thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'll be heading out on a camping trip this evening, so I'll probably be dropping a random vote somewhere before I head out.
Real camping, or phony oh-but-I-have-to-have-showers-and-a-toilet-and-electricty-because-I-am-scared-of-the-dark camping?
That's me. :blush:

Also, I'll be out of town tomorrow and possibly on Sunday as well. I'll try to find a way to vote. I can catch up on my phone, but can't post. :\
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by reywaS »

MovingPictures07 wrote:So who still hasn't checked in?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I do.
We're car-camping, but this trip is for other recreational activities, so cammping is convenient. And no, there's no eclecticity. ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

Hi all, I'm so pumped to be playing in this game with you all!!!!

RL has been a whirlwind - I just got back in the country, this was my first week back to work, plus I had a move added in there. I have to do a lot of reading, but couldn't bring myself to do it on a gorgeous Friday afternoon! I'll do my reading once the sun goes down. Also, I have friends coming in from out of town and a wedding tomorrow, so please forgive my absence. I should be much free-er after this weekend!

Cheers!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Leamiteo wrote:Hi all, I'm so pumped to be playing in this game with you all!!!!

RL has been a whirlwind - I just got back in the country, this was my first week back to work, plus I had a move added in there. I have to do a lot of reading, but couldn't bring myself to do it on a gorgeous Friday afternoon! I'll do my reading once the sun goes down. Also, I have friends coming in from out of town and a wedding tomorrow, so please forgive my absence. I should be much free-er after this weekend!

Cheers!
:drums:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

For Such a Time as This
by Neal Dwarfs

For such a time as this, Gandalf is here
For all the time he took, he was not late nor soon
For such a time as this,
There's Mountains full of Mist
The old man is a magely kook
Ah, but you are still
Just a fool of a Took.

:noble:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

There once was an adventurous hobbit
Who crafted and sang many a sonnet
on a trip did he go
With some friends and a foe
and sang 'em nonstop 'til they cried "Stop It!"
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I do.
We're car-camping, but this trip is for other recreational activities, so cammping is convenient. And no, there's no eclecticity. ;)
Ooh, tell me more.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom, what kind of behavior do you look out for on Day 1. What influences your vote? Do you like voting for non-participants? Do you like randomizing? What pings you?

I am particularly interested in what you have to say on this topic.
Oh?
To be honest, I don't look for much day one. I just go with my gut. I generally just do whatever feels right to me. However, I do feel, that I do not vote non participants that often.

Why?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I may vote for the person with the most "filler" posts - posts that are only tangentially or not at all related to the thread.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Do what thou wilt

linki: I am now making it my mission to gain juliets vote today.

*this is filler*
Some day, Some day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

killer filler
Some day, Some day
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And here we are now, begun a new quest
To seek the Lonely Mountain in the west
A wizard, a hobbit, and a handful as well
Of dwarves of all sizes, ages, and smell
Out of the Shire and onto the road
I now have my hanky; in my pocket it's stowed
And onward we travel, with haste in our tracks
Accompanied by ponies who have lightened our backs
What adventure awaits us on the morrow and more?
What creatures dwell ahead? What danger's in store?
Though these thoughts overwhelm; my resolve I renew
For thellama is with us with his mustache askew

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:I may vote for the person with the most "filler" posts - posts that are only tangentially or not at all related to the thread.
Damn, I've already fallen into this category. :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

My random vote went to a Porcupine. See you all Sunday.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Elohcin »

juliets wrote:I may vote for the person with the most "filler" posts - posts that are only tangentially or not at all related to the thread.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy :p
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:My random vote went to a Porcupine. See you all Sunday.
While you're at it, get the bonus disc to The Whirlwind and compliment me on my genius.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Epignosis, your genius is unequaled in this universe.
Some day, Some day
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Ok, I can see some problems with this. What denominates "filler"? Is it OT posts? What about posts that are only half OT? Are those considered one half in your scoring system? What about jokes? If I post a suspicion of someone, and add a joke at the end, does that count as "filler"? Also, if I post 8 "filler" posts and 2 "on-topic" posts, would I be ranked higher or lower in your magical "filler" system than someone with only 2 "filler" posts in the thread? If you deem a post to be "filler", can someone dispute that claim?

On a "serious" note, I'm not sure I like this. One of the reasons I love this site is the banter, which you affectionately refer to as "filler". Even if you don't enjoy it, persecuting those who do just seems kind mean-spirited. Also, my "strategy" is to usually sit back and observe for the first few cycles, and see what developments happen. I don't want to be misconstrued as inactive, so I post "filler", usually with some connection to the game. It doesn't mean I'm not taking the game seriously, I just play it in a different way. For you to condemn players like me because of it, strikes me as a bit rude.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

People comment on other people's play style all the time and it's not called rude. How many people talk about "low posters" and are called "rude"? None. And thats just one example of someone's playstyle being talked about. You appear to be overly defensive of my comment. My point was about people who post a lot of off topic and/or jokes to boost their post count so they won't be seen as a low poster.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by DFaraday »

insertnamehere wrote:
Ok, I can see some problems with this. What denominates "filler"? Is it OT posts? What about posts that are only half OT? Are those considered one half in your scoring system? What about jokes? If I post a suspicion of someone, and add a joke at the end, does that count as "filler"? Also, if I post 8 "filler" posts and 2 "on-topic" posts, would I be ranked higher or lower in your magical "filler" system than someone with only 2 "filler" posts in the thread? If you deem a post to be "filler", can someone dispute that claim?

On a "serious" note, I'm not sure I like this. One of the reasons I love this site is the banter, which you affectionately refer to as "filler". Even if you don't enjoy it, persecuting those who do just seems kind mean-spirited. Also, my "strategy" is to usually sit back and observe for the first few cycles, and see what developments happen. I don't want to be misconstrued as inactive, so I post "filler", usually with some connection to the game. It doesn't mean I'm not taking the game seriously, I just play it in a different way. For you to condemn players like me because of it, strikes me as a bit rude.
I think "condemn" and "persecute" are pretty strong words here. I just took Juliet to mean that she doesn't have a real suspicion or method for choosing someone today, so she'll just vote someone who's not contributing much to discussion. That's fine for Day 1, I think.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

:consoling:
Some day, Some day
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

I will be busy all day tomorrow with friends and a dance recital my friend is doing, so I will now vote before bed. I don't think anything ever stands out to me on Day 1, but I will randomize.

I am voting for kneel4justice . Sorry poodle
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

I'll be sticking with my focus on the high posters this game. You know who you are. :eye:

Top ten posters, you've been warned. :D

I cant see the word rude without thinking of Full House.

Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

insertnamehere wrote: Usually in big games like these, I sit back and watch for the first few cycles, and then presumably if I'm not eliminated, I start posting more and more. I like to get an idea of the dynamic of the game before I completely dive in.

This first part is my thinking exactly, although the whole big game thing doesn't mean that much to me. These are the only ones I've played.

And I can't fully agree with the second. I feel slightly suspicious of MP, but I seriously always do. He's just seemed a little wishy washy about whether it's ok to vote a no-poster. But I know how analytical-to-a-fault he can be, so it could be just that.

And this is why I sit back to start, because I don't have much to go on right now.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

insertnamehere wrote:

I understand this is probably genuine (and you give me a new perspective on those who don't necessarily talk a lot) but I'm not sure I like how you've villainized Juliets for it. You kind of blew up what she said and made it a big deal by calling it rude or condemning.

Return to “Previous Jobs”